PDA

View Full Version : Can Hibs continue to play in a league proven to be corrupt?

bighairyfaeleith
15-06-2012, 04:13 AM
Ok, if The Rangers get voted back into the SPL, and it's a big if right now, should Hibs take the ultimate stand and resign from the SPL?

Could we continue to play in a league that is rigged, that only allows two teams to win, and the other ten to fight relegation?

I'd rather watch us in the juniors than that. Lots of fans say they won't be back if rangers get back in, I'm included in those numbers however like everyone else not going to Easter road on a Saturday will kill me so is there another path open to hibs if the cheats get back in?

Steve20
15-06-2012, 04:58 AM
No thanks. I'd rather we just stayed in the SPL.

HH81
15-06-2012, 04:59 AM
Yes let's get the application in for conference north straight away. I'll make almost every away game :-)

Onion
15-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Ok, if The Rangers get voted back into the SPL, and it's a big if right now, should Hibs take the ultimate stand and resign from the SPL?

Could we continue to play in a league that is rigged, that only allows two teams to win, and the other ten to fight relegation?

I'd rather watch us in the juniors than that. Lots of fans say they won't be back if rangers get back in, I'm included in those numbers however like everyone else not going to Easter road on a Saturday will kill me so is there another path open to hibs if the cheats get back in?

I think this is a very fair question. Feelings are so strong here that the vote has the potential to split the SPL completely, especially if fans walk out on their clubs in protest. Resignations may be the only course left for those clubs who think sporting integrity is important.

Gatecrasher
15-06-2012, 06:05 AM
I think this is a very fair question. Feelings are so strong here that the vote has the potential to split the SPL completely, especially if fans walk out on their clubs in protest. Resignations may be the only course left for those clubs who think sporting integrity is important.
I think it will be interesting to see how the clubs react if they are allowed in, it's the ultimate test. Whats more important, the fans or the tv money?

MB62
15-06-2012, 07:48 AM
We almost all know what we ant to happen - derhun to be booted out the SPL

We almsot all know what WILL happen - derhun will be allowed back in but the power of the OF will be diminished with new voting rules e.g. from 11-1 to 8-4 or better still 7-5 and the money more evenly divided amongst the 12 teams.

Kato
15-06-2012, 07:49 AM

Yup I'd say resign. The game up here is a bogey. The "establishment" from the First Minister all the way down past The Sun, The Record, the BBC, the knuckle-draggers and finally to the cesspits that is STV, then way below that to outer ranks of rankdom and purgatory that is the Edinburgh Jambo Council want Rangers in the SPL. This means they think sport is secondary to one club's "right" to glory in their cheating and bigotry. That means football means nothing, competing fairly means nothing and our children will pick up this and think this is OK. Scotland, never mind Scottish football will be looked upon as some kind quasi-Medieval outback, where the natives act-out football games for the purpose of keeping one group of backward looking clowns salivating with joy.

I'd be proud if Hibs resigned.

Saying that I think T'Rangers will be voted out.

The_Todd
15-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Yes, and rejoin the SFL if they'll have us.

That said, it won't happpen. If Rangers do creep their way back in, it'll be business as usual just with much lower crowds.

Steve20
15-06-2012, 08:15 AM
We almost all know what we ant to happen - derhun to be booted out the SPL

We almsot all know what WILL happen - derhun will be allowed back in but the power of the OF will be diminished with new voting rules e.g. from 11-1 to 8-4 or better still 7-5 and the money more evenly divided amongst the 12 teams.

They won't get the votes they need to play in the SPL. Hibs and Aberdeen will defo vote no. I am pretty sure Celtic and Dundee Utd will also vote no. That means there only needs to be 1 more no vote.

VickMackie
15-06-2012, 08:21 AM
What's the point in resigning? We could play in the Sfl and get promoted again.

Unless der hun get punted Scottish football is finished.

Jim44
15-06-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm goint be shot down in flames but here goes. Rangers will be back in the SPL next year with minimum sanctions. Hibs will remain in the SPL. Most of the fans who say they won't go back, will go back. Rangers will have had their greatest ever victory. This time next year everything will be back to normal.

ian cruise
15-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Judging by last seasons performances, only if we are lucky!

fat freddy
15-06-2012, 10:15 AM
The thought of St.Rangers running out of the tunnel at Easter Road next season in an SPL fixture would be akin to cheering on an steroid enhanced athlete running in the Olympics....In an ideal world Hibs wouldn't be competing against cheats but its not an ideal world so what are we to do?...The Scottish League has always been corrupt and we've always played in it so nothing changes other than the fact that the corruption is less hidden now than before.

ac1
15-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm goint be shot down in flames but here goes. Rangers will be back in the SPL next year with minimum sanctions. Hibs will remain in the SPL. Most of the fans who say they won't go back, will go back. Rangers will have had their greatest ever victory. This time next year everything will be back to normal.

Not shooting you down in flames because in this backward country I can see them getting away with it as well but could you imagine them celebrating winning the league at Easter Road as we get relegated - I could not stomach that. I never had a season ticket last season and I won't be back for good if Rangers are not punted but if Scottish football does the right thing I will be down at Easter Road with my season ticket money handed over that day. Its pretty much the biggest decision Scottish football has maybe ever had to make.

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2012, 10:28 AM
The thought of St.Rangers running out of the tunnel at Easter Road next season in an SPL fixture would be akin to cheering on an steroid enhanced athlete running in the Olympics....In an ideal world Hibs wouldn't be competing against cheats but its not an ideal world so what are we to do?...The Scottish League has always been corrupt and we've always played in it so nothing changes other than the fact that the corruption is less hidden now than before.

Hypothetical Question: If someone from Scotland won an Olympic Gold medal, and we found out he had taken steroids, would we tell them to hand it back, or let them carry the Olympic Torch.

Never going to happen of course, but its fun to speculate.

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 10:29 AM

If this happens and they get back in mate then have minimum sanctions, you can have my season ticket. Because I 100% won't go and watch Hibs in a league that has no morals and can't stand up to bullies. Plenty other things to do on a sat. Already looked into getting a season ticket for West Ham.

Saorsa
15-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm goint be shot down in flames but here goes. Rangers will be back in the SPL next year with minimum sanctions. Hibs will remain in the SPL. Most of the fans who say they won't go back, will go back. Rangers will have had their greatest ever victory. This time next year everything will be back to normal.I think you're wrong, there is very little attraction left in Scottish fitba, the wrong decision here will kill it for a lot of people for good.

I'll certainly be one of those sticking tae their promise tae quit Scottish fitba, I winnae be back and I'll take any bet you or anybody else care tae offer on that. I said over 20 years ago when the FTB tried tae destroy Hibs I'd never be back at that ****hole for a derby and I never have been. I'll be sticking tae my decision here too, if they're in, after 30+ years as a regular at ER I'm out.

chrisski33
15-06-2012, 10:50 AM
If they stay in th spl it wil set a precedent that clubs can amass huge debts and go bust and form a newco and stay in the spl. I bet romanov will be thinking this as a way out of hearts.

vla_di_vla
15-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes let's get the application in for conference north straight away. I'll make almost every away game :-)

Id seriously be up for that. Wouldnt go to any away games but what a breath of fresh air watching some different teams at easter rd

WhileTheChief..
15-06-2012, 11:28 AM
If they're voted back in then surely that's democracy in action and not corrupt at all? :confused:

Personally I don't think they will be. I think the strength of feeling against them now is too strong to ignore. They also haven't been helped by all their various mouthpieces banging on about being back at the top of the game etc.

Only last night we had their fans spokesman telling us they would be back challenging for their 55th title in no time.

They should be showing some humility and accepting that what has gone on is completely unacceptable instead of trying to blame everyone else.

If i was a club chairman I'd be more inclined to help them out if they showed some sort of contrition but its the usual crap they are still coming out with.
There will be no Rangers in the SPL next year :thumbsup:

Holmesdale Hibs
15-06-2012, 11:29 AM

I completely agree with your sentiment but unfortunately I don't think resigning is practical unless we have the support of other clubs, which I guess we wouldn't if we lost the vote.

If Hibs vote to have them back in I will boycott ER.

If Hibs vote against it and they are allowed back in, I will only boycott rangers games.

I agree with everything you say about cheating and corruption but if we resign by ourselves then it will mean the death of our club.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2012, 11:31 AM
If they're voted back in then surely that's democracy in action and not corrupt at all? :confused:

Democracy isn't what we're after.

We need justice and fairness.

Not favour and greed.

woodyloon
15-06-2012, 11:34 AM
This is the biggest opportunity Scottish Football has had to revamp the game, and find the level that Scottish Clubs find sustainable. For over twenty years it has been unbalanced as clubs spent vast amounts of money chasing the dream of winning the league or even just having the right to brag about splitting OF. Look how many Scottish Clubs have been or still are servicing massive debts that are strangling the life out of them.

The situation Rangers find themself is of there own making but they still feel as a club that they deserve the right to carry on as if nothing has happened. Other teams have had different sanctions awarded when they have crossed the line and can't function as a club on a day to day. Some have had points deductions, transfer embargos, and even relegation to the bottom teir of their leagues. Lets say this had happened to Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen or Dundee United would these clubs get the same hearing as Rangers are asking for.

I appreciate that losing Rangers is financially going to hurt teams, but I think this could be a blessing, now we can find a level that suits the vast majority of teams. Rangers still want to be allowed to stay in the SPL and they will still expect to along with Celtic take the lions share percentage wise of any income due to the member clubs. It was only a few years ago that both Celtic and Rangers wanted to move to another league as our league was not competitve enough. If they were really serious about creating a competitve league then one of the first things that should of been done was the equal share out of money to all SPL clubs not just two, they are big enough worldwide to generate enough income themself without stealing from the other SPL/SFL clubs.

I just feel that if Rangers get away with this then Scottish Football is dead as far as any real decision making or potential progress, and I feel that fans will be more willing to come and support teams outside the OF if they are seen to take a stance on this and any future discussions on making Scottish Football fairer throughout.

Hibs Class
15-06-2012, 11:36 AM

I'm not sure about that. My sense is that because of how this is dragging on a lot of fans are coming to terms with the real possibility of them not attending football next year - we've had STs for c.12 years and we're still waiting to renew but only doing so if there is no newco in the SPL. The thought of not attending next year though doesn't seem as disastrous as it did 3 months ago. I think that an equally big risk is that due to this dragging on so long, even if the SPL reach the right decision and refuse entry to newco a number of supporters will have already disengaged and won't return anyway. Renewing the ST is a habit for many and that habit may already have been broken.

Captain Trips
15-06-2012, 11:47 AM
We have what 30+ teams in Div 1,2 and 3 all well most hoping to get that shot at the SPL something that can only be done by winning matches. Rangers as a new club have no right and the SPL has no right to just allow any team to move right into the top tier of the game.

New Rangers have not kicked a ball and regardless of what they may bring to SPL you cannot and should never just be allowed right into the SPL this should not even be a vote, we are as well to not play and just vote on our league placings.

The SPL cannot allow anyteam direct access to the league riding roughshot over every other club just beacuse they may have more fans or bring tv money. To allow a new club into SPL no matter who they are when there is an ongoing competion also to get in is ridiculous. allowing any team right in can surely only be wrong on every level.

Dave-O
15-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Yup I'd say resign. The game up here is a bogey. The "establsihment" from the First Minister alll the way down past The Sun, The Record, the BBC, the knuckle-draggers and finally to the cesspits that is STV want Rangers in the SPL. This means they think sport is secondary to one club's "right" to glory in their cheating and bigotry. That means football means nothing, competinng fairly means nothing and our children will pick up this and thinik this is OK. Scotland, never mind Scottish football will be looked upon as some kind quasi-Medieval outback, where the natives act-out football games for the purpose of keeping one group of backward looking clowns salivating with joy.

I'd be proud if Hibs resigned.

Saying that I think T'Rangers will be voted out. :top marks

Absolutely sums up what I'm feeling at the moment, if you'd had thrown in the corrupt ****bo council in there as well you would have got them all in one post.

Kato
15-06-2012, 12:14 PM
:top marks

Absolutely sums up what I'm feeling at the moment, if you'd had thrown in the corrupt ****bo council in there as well you would have got them all in one post.

Cheers. Edited for typos (forgot the specs this morning) and your request is now included. :aok:

N.Wales Hibby
15-06-2012, 12:14 PM

I think the feelings,disgust and integrity of the fans who say they will not be back are stronger than you may think