PDA

View Full Version : Hibs thug

Littlest Hobo
14-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Scotsman (http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/top-stories/hibs-thug-punched-jambo-woman-in-cup-final-rage-1-2351819) link

I suppose every team have ****bags who follow them and we are no different.

I utterly deplore these kind of people, what an absolute coward.

I really hope the lady recovers from this quickly both physically and mentally.

Frazerbob
14-06-2012, 08:49 AM
90 days is not enough. Does the clown also get done for admiting to taking Class A drugs? I hope he is banned from Easter Road!

Elephant Stone
14-06-2012, 08:54 AM
There are no words. Lifetime ban for this low-life excrement please, Hibs.

Hainan Hibs
14-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Hope the woman recovers quickly also, I would imagine mentally it will take a long time to heal.

90 days seems quite lenient to me, high on booze and cocaine, assaults a woman, 90 days? Nae long enough IMO.

Steve20
14-06-2012, 08:57 AM
What a disgusting person. 90 days is nowhere near enough for **** like that.

Aldo
14-06-2012, 08:59 AM
What a disgusting person. 90 days is nowhere near enough for **** like that.

Mair like 45 days... Half the time for good behaviour etc

Lowest of the low IMHO

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2012, 09:02 AM
I hope his erse comes out like the Japanese national flag, ****bag.

Pretty Boy
14-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Absolutely no excuse for this.

Hope the woman is recovering well.

Big Frank
14-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Scotlands booze and drugs culture wins again....

Kojock
14-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Mair like 45 days... Half the time for good behaviour etc

Lowest of the low IMHO

Yip six weeks in jail that some detterent, bet he will think twice about doing anything like that again :rolleyes:

Good to see he was remorsefull when nabbed by the Police.

When the officers told him he was being taken into custody, Burns said: “I should have jumped on her head the wee Hearts b******.”

Malthibby
14-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Hope the club take note & ban him for eternity from E.R.
We have enough issuesjust now without being associated with cowards who hit women.
The Japanese flag scenario would do nicely.

bawheid
14-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Hope he's battered every day of the 90.

.Sean.
14-06-2012, 09:41 AM
What a ****.

Big Frank
14-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Hope he's battered every day of the 90.

I hope not bawheid. Two wrongs and all that....

lyonhibs
14-06-2012, 09:45 AM
A disgrace to the name of Hibs. Hope he gets placed in some sort of "Jambo nutters" wing to get his comeuppance. He's enormously lucky his cowardly act didn't get him banged up for a number of years, not days.

frazeHFC
14-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Seems like a lovely guy. :rolleyes:

bawheid
14-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I hope not bawheid. Two wrongs and all that....

Yeah, probably true, but I might make an exception for guys who think it's ok to jump on a woman's head.

Big Frank
14-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Yeah, probably true, but I might make an exception for guys who think it's ok to jump on a woman's head.

Sometimes exceptions dinnae make any sense though. Violence is violence. ya radge :wink:

bawheid
14-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Sometimes exceptions dinnae make any sense though. Violence is violence. ya radge :wink:

Again true.

But this guy has only been given 90 days by the courts. If he doesn't get some sort of comeuppance he'll come out thinking it's cool to batter a woman the next time we get beat from Hearts.

Togs91
14-06-2012, 10:31 AM
No excuses, should be locked up for years, absolute disgrace. 90 day is no justice, hope the woman recovers

frazeHFC
14-06-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't see how wanting him to get battered is any better.

Sumner
14-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Longer sentence warranted,
life ban from Easter Road, Petrie get it sorted !!

JimBHibees
14-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Jeezo what a modern day hero this guy is. Complete coward and how 90 days is seen as appropriate is beyond belief. Drink and drugs are no excuse and shouldnt be seen as such.

LancashireHibby
14-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Never mind a life ban from ER, his 90 days in prison should consist entirely of watching DVD's of the Calderwood era.

90 days (which as said before will probably end up being nearer to 45) is absolutely no justice for such a callous act. Most importantly I hope the woman involved makes a speedy recovery and knows not to tarnish the rest of us with the same brush. Absolutely no words for the cowardly ballbag who carried out the assault.

JimBHibees
14-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't see how wanting him to get battered is any better.

Personally think there is the world of difference between some coward attacking a defenceless woman because of the colour of scarf and someone in prison getting on the wrong end of a beating beacause of what he did.

sadtom
14-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Any man who hits a woman, no matter what the situation, is a f****** c***!
No excuses, zero tolerance.

Big Frank
14-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Personally think there is the world of difference between some coward attacking a defenceless woman because of the colour of scarf and someone in prison getting on the wrong end of a beating beacause of what he did.

No. There is no world of difference Jim.

The courts sentence may be wrong but meeting violence with violence certainly is.

By the this guy is a bawbag of the highest order. No excuse.

hibsbollah
14-06-2012, 11:19 AM

:agree:

scoopyboy
14-06-2012, 11:25 AM

and vice versa.

Sexual equality.

Kojock
14-06-2012, 11:29 AM
No. There is no world of difference Jim.

The courts sentence may be wrong but meeting violence with violence certainly is.

By the this guy is a bawbag of the highest order. No excuse.

If he had attacked my, wife , mother, sister like that, I can tell you now he would be safer staying in prison. An eye for an eye etc.

Elephant Stone
14-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Scotlands booze and drugs culture wins again....

Wins what? There were 50 000 fans at the game, god knows how many watching at home and in pubs, all apparently well behaved.

JimBHibees
14-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Wins what? There were 50 000 fans at the game, god knows how many watching at home and in pubs, all apparently well behaved.

Got to be said that although obviously the attack on this woman was horrific I think that the fact that the huge public disorder some were predicting after this final didnt happen is actually credit worthy to Edinburgh.

LancashireHibby
14-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Got to be said that although obviously the attack on this woman was horrific I think that the fact that the huge public disorder some were predicting after this final didnt happen is actually credit worthy to Edinburgh.
Would agree with that. 22 arrests around the ground is quite high by usual standards, but that game was always going to be out of the ordinary. The fact we also unfortunately got a huge headstart on the Yams in going home would have helped smooth things as well, I'm sure.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Wanting this guy to get attacked in prison is not the answer. I would hope that he is looked after by those around him who are happy to share their love!

leither17
14-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Know this ****bag personally from years ago he has never been to a game in his life can't believe it was only 90 days with the crap he has got up to over the years

CraigHibee
14-06-2012, 03:01 PM
what a total bellend

no excuse for this whatsoever

ChooseLife
14-06-2012, 04:22 PM
and vice versa.

Sexual equality.

:agree:

SRHibs
14-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Again true.

But this guy has only been given 90 days by the courts. If he doesn't get some sort of comeuppance he'll come out thinking it's cool to batter a woman the next time we get beat from Hearts.

But the comeuppance will be being delivered by someone equally as reprehensible.

S.sct
14-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Total ****bag, coward and waste of reproductive fluid. Too many of his type in this country (and beyond).

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Man attacks woman - no news. Man is wearing football scarf, big news.

Man drinks alcohol and commits crime - "boys will be boys". Man snorts coke and commits crime - "hang the depraved low life".

Fact is there will have been many male on female acts of violence on the night in question. Most will have gone unreported, and only those with an "angle" will have made the press. Whilst his attack was cowardly and stupid, if we were to give long sentences for everyone case like this, we wouldn't have enough jails.

90 days seems like long enough for this guy to think about what he has done. If he is remorseful he will change his ways.

Lets get things in perspective - 50,000 people went to the game, and only 24 were arrested in Glasgow. To me that seems like a result.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-06-2012, 05:34 PM
This man needs counselling and a trip to the algarve to think about his behaviour

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2012, 06:00 PM
This man needs counselling and a trip to the algarve to think about his behaviour

It's the very least society can do. :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
14-06-2012, 06:17 PM
A moron is a moron and I have no doubt he would have been battering somebody else for another reason if the woman with the hearts scarf hadnt been around .... you know the kind of thing, he looked at me funny your honour or whatever.

This sort of stuff gives us all a bad name, what a coward.

hibsbollah
14-06-2012, 06:22 PM

:agree: ******g PC brigade do-gooders. Its all their fault.

S.sct
14-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Man drinks alcohol and commits crime - "boys will be boys". Man snorts coke and commits crime - "hang the depraved low life".

Fact is there will have been many male on female acts of violence on the night in question. Most will have gone unreported, and only those with an "angle" will have made the press. Whilst his attack was cowardly and stupid, if we were to give long sentences for everyone case like this, we wouldn't have enough jails.

90 days seems like long enough for this guy to think about what he has done. If he is remorseful he will change his ways.

Lets get things in perspective - 50,000 people went to the game, and only 24 were arrested in Glasgow. To me that seems like a result.

Well that's allright then, hope your having a giraffe here.....

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2012, 06:36 PM

:greengrin

son of haggart
14-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Would agree with that. 22 arrests around the ground is quite high by usual standards, but that game was always going to be out of the ordinary. The fact we also unfortunately got a huge headstart on the Yams in going home would have helped smooth things as well, I'm sure.

Putting it in perspective I think 22 arrests around the ground was marvellous. Add to the equation that the Glagae polis have unusually low tolerance levels when dealing with their 'friends from the east' I think both sets of fans can be very proud of their behaviour on the day.

I was particularly pleased to see very little evidence of bigotry from the fans of the team I support, but Hibs fans in general behaved particularly well - it is often the losing teams fans who start 'tit for tat' violence but there was nothing I saw.

Compare it to the accounts here:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/03/22/old-firm-arrest-figures-following-league-cup-down-by-25-per-cent-86908-23007532/

hibsbollah
14-06-2012, 06:55 PM
I was worried about the potential for major trouble, particularly as I was taking my wee girl through but the atmosphere between the sides was fine going to the game, on mixed trains and round the station. 22 arrests, mostly for drunkenness, is relatively nowt.

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2012, 07:39 PM

No that's not alright then. Neither is making this particular incident into something about football - it has nothing to do with the game at all.

Yet by tagging the words "Hibs Fan" onto this story, violent behaviour suddenly becomes a hot topic. Add drugs to the mix, and it seems even worse.

lyonhibs
14-06-2012, 07:55 PM
No that's not alright then. Neither is making this particular incident into something about football - it has nothing to do with the game at all.

Yet by tagging the words "Hibs Fan" onto this story, violent behaviour suddenly becomes a hot topic. Add drugs to the mix, and it seems even worse.

I suspect because it is. I'm unsure of the legal vagaries, but I'm amazed nothing has been made of the bit where the guilty party added "oh yeah, and I was coked out my tits as well"

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2012, 07:59 PM

I'm not sure how you can say that? If the girl had a bay city rollers scarf on, this thug would not have gone near her.

He beat her up because of what FOOTBALL team she supports. :confused:

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2012, 08:04 PM

Football related violence surely? Especially when he mentioned her being a Hearts *******

hibsbollah
14-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Football related violence surely? Especially when he her mentioned her being a Hearts *******

I think FRs point is the main contributory factor is the boy is just a ****ing radge, not football. So, yes, football was the trigger but neither football nor Hibs can be blamed for it. Psychopaths will find any available justification.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2012, 08:15 PM
I think FRs point is the main contributory factor is the boy is just a ****ing radge, not football. So, yes, football was the trigger but neither football nor Hibs can be blamed for it. Psychopaths will find any available justification.

I don't think football or Hibs can be blamed for violence that occurs at football matches either! IMO all of the people involved are just using the occasion as an excuse to trigger the violence the same as this guy has used the occasion of seeing a jambo scarf. It's still football related however you choose to dress it up surely?

hibsbollah
14-06-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't think football or Hibs can be blamed for violence that occurs at football matches either! IMO all of the people involved are just using the occasion as an excuse to trigger the violence the same as this guy has used the occasion of seeing a jambo scarf. It's still football related however you choose to dress it up surely?

Hmmm. Semantics I suppose but all he said was it was 'nothing to do with the game'. Not STRICTLY speaking correct but I know what he means.

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I suspect because it is. I'm unsure of the legal vagaries, but I'm amazed nothing has been made of the bit where the guilty party added "oh yeah, and I was coked out my tits as well"

Whereas if he'd just said "ah wis pished" he might have been sent away with a clip round the ear?

I'm not sure how you can say that? If the girl had a bay city rollers scarf on, this thug would not have gone near her.

He beat her up because of what FOOTBALL team she supports. :confused:

Possibly, but given that we don't know much about the lead up to the incident - there's a suggestion that he had "picked her up". That might lead us to conclude that he didn't care much for her allegiances. I'm guessing that this has more to do with sex than football.

Football related violence surely? Especially when he mentioned her being a Hearts *******

However, that hadn't bothered him earlier on.

The inconsistency of picking up a girl with a Hearts scarf and then beating her up because she was a Yam point heavily towards radgeness. Either that or there is something much more sinister about this guy that the authorities have missed.

As I said, take the football scarfs out of this; forget the fact that it was hours after the game (at least seven by my calculation), andl real message is to avoid going home with guys ripped to the tits on any substance - legal or otherwise. I am not suggesting it was the girls fault by any means - what he did was hideous - merely that people have to keep themselves safe.

Instead, to get the story read, the focus has turned onto a game where people actually had a good day out (well, you know what I mean - up till 4 o'clock); and shifted away from the dangers of drink and drugs. The real story is "man who requires drugs and drink to pick up women used violence to mask his inadequacies".

Does anyone seriously think that this person did this because of football? He did it because he is an A-H and would have done it any other night. He used football as an excuse, and the journalist seized on it.

Stories like this demonise football, and trivialise violence. They do nothing to serve the public interest.

All IMO, of course.

To me the story has trivialised the violence that men do to women, and instead made it about sporting rivalry.

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Possibly, but given that we don't know much about the lead up to the incident - there's a suggestion that he had "picked her up". That might lead us to conclude that he didn't care much for her allegiances. I'm guessing that this has more to do with sex than football.

However, that hadn't bothered him earlier on.

The inconsistency of picking up a girl with a Hearts scarf and then beating her up because she was a Yam point heavily towards radgeness. Either that or there is something much more sinister about this guy that the authorities have missed.

Where is it being reported he had picked her up, as the report i read in the link said he'd attacked he because of the scarf she was wearing, and he also said he should have jumped on her head because she was a hearts fan?

If thats not a case of football violence, i'm not ssure what is?

14-06-2012, 09:30 PM
What an absolute embarrassment. Hope this cowardly, moronic, arse hole never goes anywhere near Easter Road ever again. Everyone was upset and angry that day but there is absolutely no excuse for these disgusting acts. Hope the poor woman was okay.

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Where is it being reported he had picked her up, as the report i read in the link said he'd attacked he because of the scarf she was wearing, and he also said he should have jumped on her head because she was a hearts fan?

If thats not a case of football violence, i'm not ssure what is?

:doh:

Capt. Mainwaring: Well done BH, I was waiting to see how long it would be till someone noticed that.

I read "picked up", but it actually says "picked on". I built a case around that one statement, and I'd have gotten away with it.......(etc)

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2012, 09:38 PM
What an absolute embarrassment. Hope this cowardly, moronic, arse hole never goes anywhere near Easter Road ever again. Everyone was upset and angry that day but there is absolutely no excuse for these disgusting acts. Hope the poor woman was okay.

Living Halmyre Street he might find that challenging.

(What's that - he lives in Haymarket?) :offski:

Capt Mainwaring
14-06-2012, 09:48 PM
:doh:

Capt. Mainwaring: Well done BH, I was waiting to see how long it would be till someone noticed that.

I read "picked up", but it actually says "picked on". I built a case around that one statement, and I'd have gotten away with it.......(etc)

Oi - I'll do the jokes

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Oi - I'll do the jokes

Would you mind awfully taking this spade from me before I dig any deeper?

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Would you mind awfully taking this spade from me before I dig any deeper?

:greengrin

Steve-O
15-06-2012, 07:22 AM

Finally some sense.

Clearly this character is a bit of a nugget, however lets get some perspective for what was a push and a single punch that clearly didn't cause serious injury. Going on a tabloid esque warpath talking about 'horrific' attacks and wishing he gets attacked himself or even raped in prison is quite ridiculous.

VickMackie
15-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Wanting this guy to get attacked in prison is not the answer. I would hope that he is looked after by those around him who are happy to share their love!

:faf:

cad
15-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Finally some sense.

Clearly this character is a bit of a nugget, however lets get some perspective for what was a push and a single punch that clearly didn't cause serious injury. Going on a tabloid esque warpath talking about 'horrific' attacks and wishing he gets attacked himself or even raped in prison is quite ridiculous.

All it takes is a push and one punch theres guys inside that will testify to that Steve-O crack the napper push and a punch its then murder hes lucky it was only 90.

Steve-O
15-06-2012, 08:51 AM
K
So the severity of the dink should determine the sentence , stop it .

Er, yes it does actually have a bearing on things.

Pretty Boy
15-06-2012, 08:53 AM
So the severity of the dink should determine the sentence , stop it .

Of course the severity of the attack helps determine the sentence.

Edit. Oops too slow.

Steve-O
15-06-2012, 09:18 AM
All it takes is a push and one punch theres guys inside that will testify to that Steve-O crack the napper push and a punch its then murder hes lucky it was only 90.

You are correct, but the woman did not die so it's not murder?

Maybe we should sentence everyone convicted of assault to life imprisonment because it COULD have been murder?

FromTheCapital
16-06-2012, 02:06 PM
What an erse! Everyone was annoyed that we got beat but no need to take it out them and especially a woman. 90 days is nowhere near enough. Jail him for at least a year and ban him from ER! :agree:

cad
16-06-2012, 05:41 PM
You are correct, but the woman did not die so it's not murder?

Maybe we should sentence everyone convicted of assault to life imprisonment because it COULD have been murder?

If it was your mum or sister Steve-O , Prettyboy ,
90 days or 20 hours community service or ..............

Pretty Boy
16-06-2012, 05:55 PM

I'm not defending the guy, see my first post, far from it.

Your initial comment was asking should the sentence be different depending on the severity of the attack? My answer was simply that of course it made a difference.

Personally I think this instance deserved a longer sentence but Sheriffs are bound by sentencing guidelines, they don't just make it up as they go along.

erin go bragh
17-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Finally some sense.

Any man who punches a woman is a coward who deserves a stint in the prison .

ggtth

Johnny0762
17-06-2012, 09:42 PM

Exactly this.

Hibercelona
17-06-2012, 09:46 PM

ggtth

But men attacking other men or women attacking men is quite ok.... :aok:

I can't help feeling that if it was an attack on another man, not very much would have been made out of this.

Not defending the idiot that did this though. It should be the same level of punishment regardless of whether its football related or not and whoever is involved.

90 days of soft punishment isn't enough.

leither17
17-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Exactly this.

and vice versa

Dashing Bob S
17-06-2012, 10:26 PM
The guy is clearly a deranged maggot of the highest order, but his punishment should be administered by the state, not by a baying mob of rapists.

If we sanction their behaviour as arbiters of 'justice' inside our prisons, we can hardly be surprised when they take that sense of entitlement outside the prison on their release, and continue to be a menace to everybody who crosses their path.

The sort of person who would behave in that way in a prison has almost certainly abused women (and men) to a greater extent outside of it, than this clown did.

joe breezy
17-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Putting it in perspective I think 22 arrests around the ground was marvellous. Add to the equation that the Glagae polis have unusually low tolerance levels when dealing with their 'friends from the east' I think both sets of fans can be very proud of their behaviour on the day.

I was particularly pleased to see very little evidence of bigotry from the fans of the team I support, but Hibs fans in general behaved particularly well - it is often the losing teams fans who start 'tit for tat' violence but there was nothing I saw.

Compare it to the accounts here:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/03/22/old-firm-arrest-figures-following-league-cup-down-by-25-per-cent-86908-23007532/

This is am act of inexcusable violence on a female

It's not the same as some casuals having a barney and shouldn't be seem in that context either

The guys a bam and it seems a danger to innocent people

son of haggart
18-06-2012, 07:44 AM
This is am act of inexcusable violence on a female

It's not the same as some casuals having a barney and shouldn't be seem in that context either

The guys a bam and it seems a danger to innocent people

Joe

Someone said 22 arrests was terrible - I was putting THAT in perspectiv against the many more that occur in Rangers Celtic games. I was reinforcing the pint that compared to other cup finals Edinburgh could be proud that, individual cases excepted, overall the two sets of fans behaved themselves very well.

I wasn't comparing the 22 arrests to this horrible act of persoanl violence, which as you say is a completely different matter and requires a different response..

SOH

Steve-O
19-06-2012, 10:01 AM

If it is someone close to you, OF COURSE you are more likely to be annoyed and your emotions take over and lead to you thinking about what you'd do and how the sentence should be longer. However it's not my mum or sister, nor is it the Judge's, and that is why justice is dealt with without emotion.

ggtth

I never said prison wasn't deserved, and he is in fact going to prison. Bear in mind that prison really is always the last resort. For some on here it's the first thing thought of for every single crime ever committed.

The guy is clearly a deranged maggot of the highest order, but his punishment should be administered by the state, not by a baying mob of rapists.

If we sanction their behaviour as arbiters of 'justice' inside our prisons, we can hardly be surprised when they take that sense of entitlement outside the prison on their release, and continue to be a menace to everybody who crosses their path.

The sort of person who would behave in that way in a prison has almost certainly abused women (and men) to a greater extent outside of it, than this clown did.

Agreed. Why some people think of those that dish out vigilante justice in prison as heroes of some kind is beyond me.