PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray says Farewell to Fans -

big-mo
13-06-2012, 02:02 PM
IAN MURRAY - THE FANS FAREWELL

After 10 years service at Hibernian FC Ian is moving on to pastures new and his Testimonial Season finishes with a Gala Dinner at Edinburgh's Corn Exchange on Saturday 7th July A few tickets priced at £50 are still available and can be booked by emailing g.cadger@btinternet.com
(g.cadger@btinternet.com)

After the dinner the Testimonial Committee have decided to offer the Hibs fans an opportunity to say farewell to Ian by selling a strictly limited amount of tickets priced at £20 plus booking fee This part of the event will run from 10pm and include Top English Comedian Russ Williams, Radio Forth's Grant Stott and Special Guests The Proclaimers. Private Bar facilities prior to this part of the event will be open from 8pm and close at 1.00am

Tickets go on sale at 9.00 am Friday 15 June details as follows

By Phone 08444 99 99 90
Online http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk
In Person Box Office, Corn Exchange Newmarket Road Edinburgh

Part of the money raised will be going to Marie Curie Cancer Care. (http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/)

big-mo
14-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Tickets go on sale 9am tomorrow, who's all going?

it should be a great night, and a chance to see the Procs' for only £20.

Beefster
14-06-2012, 09:33 PM
What percentage of the money raised is going to charity?

Bad Martini
14-06-2012, 11:35 PM
How many farewell events is that now then?

Dunbar Hibee
14-06-2012, 11:36 PM

Why so many snide comments? If you don't agree with it don't go :wink:

Graham Law
15-06-2012, 04:28 AM
What percentage of the money raised is going to charity?

Yawn Yawn - Give it a rest will you .......

Beefster
15-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Yawn Yawn - Give it a rest will you .......

Eh? I'm asking a question that, if answered, might sell a few more tickets.

Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm a bot confused. This isn't a dig or anything but I thought there already was a dinner thing for him? Sorry If this is wrong just wondered why he's having 2?

Chuck Rhoades
15-06-2012, 11:05 AM
What's with the dig at the posters? They are asking a genuine question - what % is going to charity? I am interested to know as well and a 50/50 split will see me attend.

Bad Martini
15-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Why so many snide comments? If you don't agree with it don't go :wink:

What "snide comments" is that? I asked one question which, I thought was quite simple and straight forward. I dont know how many events there have been. A few I think...

Take it that's allowed i.e. asking questions about Hibs matters on a Hibs board like? Or has someone re-written the rules to outlaw it?

:confused:

Thanks for allowing me not to go as well, should I so decide - glad we sorted that out :aok:

easty
15-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Another one??

Think I'll skip it, I'll maybe go along to his Halloween Big Farewell or the Big Spectacular Ian Murray Farewell Fireworks Night in November.

If I miss them I'll just make sure to go along to his 1-year-on do's next year.

Hainan Hibs
15-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Another one??

Think I'll skip it, I'll maybe go along to his Halloween Big Farewell or the Big Spectacular Ian Murray Farewell Fireworks Night in November.

If I miss them I'll just make sure to go along to his 1-year-on do's next year.

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2012, 01:56 PM
FFS did he return for a third time on a short term and then leave again :confused:

VickMackie
15-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Isn't half milking it eh!

I went to the testimonial so I could see Latapy, Collins and viera play though.

big-mo
15-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm a bot confused. This isn't a dig or anything but I thought there already was a dinner thing for him? Sorry If this is wrong just wondered why he's having 2?

The original dinner was canceled due to the Hearts game being changed for tv. This is the final event in his Testimonial year.

VickMackie
15-06-2012, 05:23 PM
The original dinner was canceled due to the Hearts game being changed for tv. This is the final event in his Testimonial year.

What was the thing at the corn exchange?

givescotlandfreedom
15-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Novone vill kwestion ze Ian Murray festivities! Das ist ein Befehl!

cocopops1875
15-06-2012, 05:43 PM
What was the thing at the corn exchange?

had a darts night and a comedy night

lucky
15-06-2012, 06:51 PM
FFS I'm not a big fan of his but hope his dinner goes well. He is a Hibbie and always tried so I hope his day goes well.

SunshineOnLeith
15-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Will there be a bigger crowd at this than there was at his testimonial game? :tee hee:

Beefster
15-06-2012, 08:18 PM

I know that we're not allowed to say anything negative about this but it really grates with me that you've been blanking the charity question for around a year now.

I'd have more respect for you and the whole 'Ian Murray Testimonial' thing if someone had the balls to just say 'very little is going to charity'. I might have also gone to a couple of events if an answer, any answer, had been given.

Dunbar Hibee
15-06-2012, 11:08 PM
What "snide comments" is that? I asked one question which, I thought was quite simple and straight forward. I dont know how many events there have been. A few I think...

Take it that's allowed i.e. asking questions about Hibs matters on a Hibs board like? Or has someone re-written the rules to outlaw it?

:confused:

Thanks for allowing me not to go as well, should I so decide - glad we sorted that out :aok:

Chill out man, it was a tonge in cheek post. :wink:

Pretty Boy
16-06-2012, 08:40 AM
I know that we're not allowed to say anything negative about this but it really grates with me that you've been blanking the charity question for around a year now.

I'd have more respect for you and the whole 'Ian Murray Testimonial' thing if someone had the balls to just say 'very little is going to charity'. I might have also gone to a couple of events if an answer, any answer, had been given.

Must admit I'm in this camp as well.

The charity question has been asked many, many times and totally blanked every single time.

I'm generally not a fan of testimonials for players as they, even at SPL level, make enough money throughout their career. I don't buy this short career nonsense either, players know its a short career so of they choose not to begin retraining or to further their education when they are earning big that's their fault frankly. There are of course exceptions, players getting badly injured at a young age etc.

The exception I always make is if the proceeds are going to a good cause. Had the answer been given that 10 or 20% was going to charity i would have probably gone to one of the events. As it was no answer was ever forthcoming so I kept my money in my pocket.

number9dream
16-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Nid a guest on Off The Ball today from noon...

gerry70
16-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Nid a guest on Off The Ball today from noon...

No comment on EBT. Then when asked about putting rangers into div 3 stated that fans don't see the whole picture.

The same fans that are paying to go along to his dinner?

BarneyK
16-06-2012, 01:12 PM
No comment on EBT. Then when asked about putting rangers into div 3 stated that fans don't see the whole picture.

Cop out. Go on and explain the whole picture then. Explain to us once more the extenuating circumstances that mean the Old Firm can't be relegated, thus relegating sporting integrity itself in Scottish Football to a more mythical status than the cyclops and griffin put together. I'll watch WWE if I want to see pretend sporting endeavour. While he's about it, he could explain his understanding of the EBT he received, and when he intends paying it back. It would clear this all up in double-quick time, really it would.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2012, 02:16 PM

What an erse, why did he not explain what we cant see? Perhaps he's donating some of his testimonial money towards saving the huns?

That should pay part of the newsagents bill.

big-mo
17-06-2012, 01:05 PM
To answer a few of the questions asked elsewhere on this thread -

Ian Murray's Testimonial Season consists of 4 events

Comedy Day
Darts Day
Match
Dinner
The Committee have worked hard to organise these events and given the Hibs supporters the opportunity to see World Champions such as Vieira, Pires, Lewis and Bristow as well as top entertainers such as Andrew Maxwell and the Proclaimers

A charity was picked by Ian Murray for each event and a donation of the nett profits was paid to each charity
The percentages varied but a minimum sum of 10% has been paid to Diambars, Bethany Trust and Hibernian Community Foundation . Once we have worked out profits for next months Dinner a donation will be made to Marie Curie Hospice.

Littlest Hobo
17-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks Ian :aok::flag:

The Baldmans Comb
17-06-2012, 03:36 PM

Ian Murray picked up £95,000 (For 43 games) from Rangers from his EBT according to the BBC website and that was on top of his salary so you can hardly blame him for not answering the question.He came across as someone rather thick and partonising as the 'fans don't see the full picture'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18148818

Oh they do, Ian they do and I made all my decisions about your testimonial year a long time ago.:greengrin

Purple & Green
17-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe Ian was unaware he was paid through an ebt?

BoltonHibee
17-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Maybe Ian was unaware he was paid through an ebt?

There would be paperwork to fill in