PDA

View Full Version : Who will walk away from Rangers? (merged)

Spike Mandela
13-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Ok which loyal, true blue is going to be first to break ranks and scarper off to whoever will pay the most money?

Big Frank
13-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Ok which loyal, true blue is going to be first to break ranks and scarper off to whoever will pay the most money?

I firstly picked Mcgregor then changed it to Edu.... I think the Scottish ones will wait until the foreign stars have bolted - and taken the flack before leaving the sinking ship like the rats they are .

The huns are bust.

Happy Days.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

IWasThere2016
13-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Very few won't walk away IMHO.

Killiehibbie
13-06-2012, 12:34 PM
As soon as one goes the rest will stampede over each other to get out the door.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 01:50 PM
It will be pretty much the same as away supporters do when their team are getting pumped 4-0 or 5-0 with half and hour to go. One or two get up and make it to the exit and the rest quickly follow. Or should I say in this case follow follow.

snooky
13-06-2012, 04:06 PM
I suspect they will all be waiting to see who goes 'over the top' first.
Similar to trench warfare with the "Huns" just waiting to pick off anyone who puts his head up over the parapet. :gun:

bod
13-06-2012, 05:04 PM
It will be pretty much the same as away supporters do when their team are getting pumped 4-0 or 5-0 with half and hour to go. One or two get up and make it to the exit and the rest quickly follow. Or should I say in this case follow follow.

who stays after the 3rd ?
anyway me thinks laugherty will be oot the door 1st

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 05:09 PM

Me. Stayed until the end at Hampden. It's easier walking up the road with hardly anyone obstructing you.

Tynie01011973
13-06-2012, 05:12 PM

Agree, he has already said he would be leaving after falling out with McCoist - who cancelled planned operation for Lafferty while allowing Steve Davis to go under the knife.

No love lost there so think he will be the first to jump

:greengrin

allezsauzee
13-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Lee Wallace, signing for Hibs

VickMackie
13-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Gregg Wylde already did!

VickMackie
13-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I went for Broadfoot.

I'm sure he was reluctant to take the pay cut, probably knowing he's *****, and I think he's made comments alluding to it having **** all to do wi him rangers are in the ****. Could be wrong though.

muzzhfc
13-06-2012, 05:45 PM
i think it will be whitty. first premier league club that comes in for him. boom. bye bye

DH1875
13-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Do their contracts go to the newco or is Green living in cloud cuckoo land :confused:.

Andy74
13-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Do their contracts go to the newco or is Green living in cloud cuckoo land :confused:.

They can transfer if they agree but I am pretty sure they are entitled to turn down the transfer. Something else that Green seems to have been talking nonsense about. He seems to think they can be forced to move to a new company. TUPE I think is designed more for protection of current rights than compelling people to have contracts moved to new companies.

Edit:

If you don't want to work for the new employer

You can refuse to work for the new employer. You must let your current or prospective employer know that you object to the transfer. You will be regarded as having resigned and will have no right to claim unfair dismissal or*redundancy pay.
If you find that there has been or will be a ’substantial change‘ for the worse in your working conditions as a result of the transfer, then you have the right to resign and claim unfair dismissal.

The_Todd
13-06-2012, 07:54 PM
What Green's outburst about forcing players to TUPE into newco shows Green is either a radge, clueless or both. Not a good sign for NewRangers or its fans. Good.

Just Alf
13-06-2012, 08:17 PM
What Green's outburst about forcing players to TUPE into newco shows Green is either a radge, clueless or both. Not a good sign for NewRangers or its fans. Good.

Yup as I mentioned in another thread, it was ok to put the law of the land 1st for the transfer embargo thing but now it's second string to football law?

He's either a lier or a numpty

Minder
13-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Would we take any? Could we take any? Not sure.

whiskyhibby
14-06-2012, 06:17 AM

I suspect it's the later, he obviously doesn't know much about business law for a so businessman

ALF TUPPER
14-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Seems its Ally himself ! BBC Scotland reporting that theyre hearing he 'might' be away.

Part/Time Supporter
14-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Where's the Fat Sally option?

:faf:

Rangers in crisis: Ally McCoist set to quit as Ibrox boss over Charles Green 'plot' to replace him

Jun 14 2012 By James Traynor (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/14/rangers-in-crisis-ally-mccoist-set-to-quit-as-ibrox-boss-over-charles-green-plot-to-replace-him-86908-23895646/)

Spike Mandela
14-06-2012, 06:46 AM
:greengrinThis could open the floodgates.

Personally I think McCoist's role in all of this has been exaggerated. He is an employee like any other at Ibrox. He hasn't had to deal with releasing players like most managers in this situation. His role was to be a human shield against the press for the administrators and all the various owners and buyers, he was very cagey about saying anything about Mr Whyte when administration first broke.

His true colours were shown when he demanded the naming of the SFA panel when he already knew who they were. The panel members may be excused a s****** at this particular moment in time.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if this whole departure is orchestrated by him to free himself without being accused of 'walking away'.

HibbySpurs
14-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Yep looks like it will be the "I dont do walking away" man himself who does just that. This will open the floodgates for players to leave as many have hung around because of him and in spite of everything else going on.

The more alarming issue if I was a Rangers fan is what lies underneath this, apparently Mr Green speaks with AMcC on a regular basis so what has Sally be hearing that he obviously doesnt like enough to jack it all in:confused:

ALF TUPPER
14-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Maybe Ally is off to Spurs !! NOT .... lolol

HibbySpurs
14-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Maybe Ally is off to Spurs !! NOT .... lolol

Ally for Spurs?

:panic::panic: :panic: :panic:

Thankfully hes about as much chance of getting the job as I have :cb

Just Alf
14-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by the gunslinger (http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=333681)
and if its jimmy calderwood?

If Ally goes the players will follow, next season in the SPL with a points deduction will see us in a relegation battle.

Jimmy is a very experienced manager in relegation battles, so he may well be the man.[QUOTE]
-------------------------------

Comedy gold!

Ha ha ha ha. .... :lolrangers:

PJ IronHIbee
14-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Can't blame him really. After all the bravado and statements about not walking away, I don't think any manager of any team could take what has been thrown at him. e is one of them that you can't help liking, even after that overhead kick at Celtic park all those years ago. A decent Hun if there is such a thing!
ggtth
coyi

stokesmessiah
14-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Can't blame him really. After all the bravado and statements about not walking away, I don't think any manager of any team could take what has been thrown at him. e is one of them that you can't help liking, even after that overhead kick at Celtic park all those years ago. A decent Hun if there is such a thing!
ggtth
coyi

Sorry but your wrong, how you can like someone after their disgusting "who are they" rant i do not know. Ally showed in that one situation he is no better than the knuckle dragging idiots that follow the team formerly known as Glasgow Rangers.

Spike Mandela
14-06-2012, 07:59 AM
ggtth
coyi

LtHf:wink:

Saorsa
14-06-2012, 07:59 AM
ggtth
coyiI dinnae ****in' like him and there's nae such thing

number9dream
14-06-2012, 08:08 AM
If Ally's been offered his old Question of Sport gig, he'll be off like a shot!

Derek McInnes is keen on taking Neil Alexander to Bristol City, apparently but others predicting a stampede out the door are surely right...

Kojock
14-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Where's the Fat Sally option?

:faf:

Rangers in crisis: Ally McCoist set to quit as Ibrox boss over Charles Green 'plot' to replace him

Jun 14 2012 By James Traynor (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/06/14/rangers-in-crisis-ally-mccoist-set-to-quit-as-ibrox-boss-over-charles-green-plot-to-replace-him-86908-23895646/)

Couple of comments after the article.

Non Story!!!

More anti Rangers nonsense in the media yet again.

When you get rid of all the headlines and look at the reality at Rangers then things arent so bad.

Debt gone, History in tact, Stadia and Murray Park to remain with the newco., Guaranteed to be playing in the spl next season..

Whats all the fuss about?

Sensationalism at its worst, there is not a single quote from Ally or Charles more bal-locks from the D.R.
Later today newco RANGERS will start moving forward let's hope it's to the ENGLISH LEAGUES.

ONWARD & UPWARDS GERS.

As if we really needed more reasons to detest them.

I'm_cabbaged
14-06-2012, 08:12 AM
If Ally's been offered his old Question of Sport gig, he'll be off like a shot!

Derek McInnes is keen on taking Neil Alexander to Bristol City, apparently but others predicting a stampede out the door are surely right...

He'll only go if he knows who the mystery guests are :)

cabbageandribs1875
14-06-2012, 08:14 AM
http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/mccoist-will-go-public-on-charles-green.html

McCOIST WILL GO PUBLIC ON CHARLES GREEN

ALLY McCOIST is set to go public and reveal just how Charles Green planned to stab him in the back.

McCoist will face the media within the next 24 hours and confirm that he is resigning as Rangers manager.

And he will underline that he is only taking this massive step away from the club he loves as a matter of principle and...

Because he cannot trust Charles Green.

poor sally :(

Ozyhibby
14-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Personally think that of McCoist is leaving it will because he is about to front up another consortium in an attempt to gain control. Let's face it, the price is now right and McCoist probably has enough money himself to do it. Add in Walter smith plus a few others and you have a workable bid.

Stevie Reid
14-06-2012, 09:18 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18440159

Rangers have declined to comment on reports manager Ally McCoist is poised to quit the club.
McCoist, 49, succeeded Walter Smith at Ibrox in February 2011 and his tenure has coincided with the most turbulent spell in the club's history.

Rangers will re-form as a new company after a creditors' deal was rejected by Revenue and Customs. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18426943)

McCoist scored 355 goals in 581 appearances for Rangers and is the club's 13th manager.
When he was appointed, McCoist said: "I was lucky enough to play for the club for 15 years, but this is an absolute dream and a privilege."

Recently, McCoist praised the Rangers supporters for sticking by the club given their off-field problems.

Clubs will have to vote on whether to re-admit Rangers to the Scottish Premier League.
HMRC rejected prospective owner Charles Green's bid to exit administration via a company voluntary arrangement giving creditors nine pence in the pound.

heretoday
14-06-2012, 09:52 AM
McCoist will end up at Hearts no?

Spike Mandela
14-06-2012, 10:07 AM

Well he has history in the Hearty Harry role or whatever the ****ty mascot was called. Ooooohh that cheeky chappie.:rolleyes:

ScottB
14-06-2012, 10:12 AM

Back to being a pundit for the Beeb I'd guess, unless Wattie pops up anywhere else.

stokesmessiah
14-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Back to being a pundit for the Beeb I'd guess, unless Wattie pops up anywhere else.

There is a thread on RM that i have not read but is titled Walter Smith to buy Rangers.

sadtom
14-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Always despised the bigot 'poster boy' McMoist. 'Cuddly' hun bassa. Self appointed acceptable face of the reactionary sectarian cesspit.
However when i look at him the word that jumps straight to my mind is SNIDE.

Kato
14-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Remember when Goram was "caught on camera" attending some Orange Lodge bash and there was someone pixelated out of the pictures...................

Always despised the bigot 'poster boy' McMoist. 'Cuddly' hun bassa. Self appointed acceptable face of the reactionary sectarian cesspit.

iwasthere1972
14-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Just seen Fat Ally on SSN and he refused to make any comments which is not like him. Looks proper miserable. Maybe on the brink of walking away.

Anyone see the hun being interviewed outside Ibrox. Thought he said something like I'm a protestant except he didnt finish the sentence if you know what I mean. FUD.

Squealing pig
14-06-2012, 01:21 PM
ggtth
coyi
good post, think ally is a good man. hes doing his best in a dead end job. he should have stuck on question of sport.

Sudds_1
14-06-2012, 02:34 PM

me too. The "cheeky chappie" persona is carefully cultivated to hide the nasty wee hun within.

but..........the facade has been slippi9ng though (remember him face to face with that other odious we ******* Lennon?) SNIDE is indeed a good term for him....

Lungo--Drom
14-06-2012, 02:51 PM
According to the Glasgow Evening Times, Fat Sally has found "secret information" that proves Greene was planning to sack him as soon as his consortium took power of the NewCo. Because this has upset him so much he has now said, "Greene must sack me." So I think what this actually means, reading between the lines of Weedgie OF orientated pish, is that Fat Sally might well be first to jump the sinking ship. He must be devastated that he can't demand to know who is behind the "plot" to sack him as the Evening Times has already said it is Greene. Not so loyal now Sally eh ya fat Hun tool? :D

Lungo--Drom
14-06-2012, 03:00 PM
They're welcome to the fat clown, but I was thinking that what will happen is he will just annoy us for years to come spouting pish on TV and looking poe faced whenever he can and telling everyone that he was loyal and that it was all a conspiracy cooked up by the Vatican. Just like when Ian Paisley said that there was a conspiracy against him by "Romanist journalists". Fat Sally will probably accuse "Romanist football fans" of ending his bigoted dream. If he went to the PBS it will serve them and him right when they eventually go bust too and he gets sacked for the second time. Where will he go then, Buckingham Palace XI FC? Oops I've just used Roman numerals Sally, am I in the conspiracy too? :D :D :D

erin go bragh
15-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Just seen Fat Ally on SSN and he refused to make any comments which is not like him. Looks proper miserable. Maybe on the brink of walking away.

Anyone see the hun being interviewed outside Ibrox. Thought he said something like I'm a protestant except he didnt finish the sentence if you know what I mean. FUD.
If Mcoist leaves ,it will be rangers worst day in their 1 day history:wink:

ggtth

snooky
15-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Personally think that of McCoist is leaving it will because he is about to front up another consortium in an attempt to gain control. Let's face it, the price is now right and McCoist probably has enough money himself to do it. Add in Walter smith plus a few others and you have a workable bid.

Could be right OzH.
Shally Pally Sally is too much of a fox not to have something up his sleeve.
I wouldn't buy a second hand car from him that's for sure.

Spike Mandela
22-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Not long to wait now, Rhys mcCabe(who?) doesn't count.

VickMackie
22-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Clubfoot, clubfoot, clubfoot!

Spike Mandela
23-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Bugger, never put Aluko in poll:rolleyes::greengrin

Poor guy even had to pay large sum of his compensation package to Aberdeen just to get to Rangers.

cad
23-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Bocanegra was mentioned as away on RM last week ( Thursday ) no seen anything tho .:dunno:

joe breezy
23-06-2012, 03:29 PM
all of them in the next 10 days

:lolhuns:

Jim44
23-06-2012, 08:12 PM
I read somewhere earlier today that the McCabe news was dodgy. They're expressing relief on Samaritans.com that he is going nowhere.

jgl07
23-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Well he has history in the Hearty Harry role or whatever the ****ty mascot was called. Ooooohh that cheeky chappie.:rolleyes:

I always thought that Hearty Harry looked rather like Mo Johnston.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x411/JGL07/Hearty.png

Mo Johnston

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x411/JGL07/MoJo.png

Hearty Harry

JohnStephens91
24-06-2012, 08:07 AM
I always thought that Hearty Harry looked rather like Mo Johnston.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x411/JGL07/Hearty.png

Mo Johnston

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x411/JGL07/MoJo.png

Hearty Harry

How creepy is Hearty Harry? He looks like he has the ability to enter your dreams and stab you to death while he laughs maniacally. He also has the stare of a sex offender around a vulnerable target.

JohnStephens91
24-06-2012, 08:08 AM
So is that Aluko, Bocanegra and McCabe gone or is there more that are pretty much set to leave?

Spike Mandela
24-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Naismith and Whitty now. Looks like the floodgates have opened.:cb

DH1875
24-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Not long to wait now, Rhys mcCabe(who?) doesn't count.

I'd take him at Hibs in a heart beat. Cracking player.

Nailrod
25-06-2012, 07:33 AM
I'd take him at Hibs in a heart beat. Cracking player.

No chance. The Rangers fans would give him pelters every time they come to Easter Road.

Oh but hang on...

Sproule Three
25-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Apparently they all are. Even the John Greig statue was observed slowly shuffling towards Govan undeground station :greengrin

iwasthere1972
25-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Apparently they all are. Even the John Greig statue was observed slowly shuffling towards Govan undeground station :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
25-06-2012, 02:26 PM
The vast majority of the first team squad will have to go, and no doubt will walk away. Rangers won't be in the SPL and can't afford to pay them, nor will such players want to play in the SFL. It's going to be a couple of veterans with kids next season.

Hibernia&Alba
26-06-2012, 04:03 PM
It seems Lafferty, Ness and Fleck have added their names to the list of leavers today.

weecounty hibby
26-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Steve Davis now. Captain deserting the sinking ship. Yep they dont do walking away, they run as fast as they can!!!!

weecounty hibby
26-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Mcgregor now as well. They will be lucky to have a team to play next season no matter where they end up

erin go bragh
26-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Might be better changing the thread to who will be left :cb

ggtth

ScottB
26-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Might be better changing the thread to who will be left :cb

ggtth

Haha I'd just come on to this thread to post that :greengrin

VickMackie
26-06-2012, 08:33 PM
It's on twitter that Davis and ncgregor to walk away.

VickMackie
26-06-2012, 08:35 PM
And bbc.

ekhibee
26-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Lee Wallace must feel like a right erse now, he said he's staying.

IWasThere2016
26-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Very few won't walk away IMHO.

The list grows and grows .. Hee hee!