PDA

View Full Version : Would you still go to watch SPL football if Rangers newco were let into the SPL?

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Simple yes or no

JohnStephens91
12-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I could never turn my back on Hibs, I think that is where I draw the line. I just wouldn't attend a game involving the 'Newco' if they gained direct entry into the SPL.

SteveHFC
12-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I will still support Hibs but would never got to another game. :aok:

Saorsa
12-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Game over for me, if they're in, I'm out.

Littlest Hobo
12-06-2012, 10:38 PM
No.

It's not about turning your back on Hibs.
This is about morals!!

c31
12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm out if they are in....

Prawn Sandwich
12-06-2012, 10:41 PM
I've already bought my season ticket for 2012-1013.

iwasthere1972
12-06-2012, 10:49 PM
I voted yes. No way would I stop watching Hibs despite the new huns walking straight back into the SPL.

I just wouldn't attend a match featuring the new huns.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-06-2012, 10:51 PM
No.

It's not about turning your back on Hibs.
This is about morals!!

This.

joe breezy
12-06-2012, 10:52 PM
No

Baldy Foghorn
12-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Yes, would NEVER stop watching Hibs

Bishop Hibee
12-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I voted yes but with the proviso that Petrie had voted no. If he voted yes the ST I've purchased would go to my kids and will not be renewed in 2013/14. I would never go to the ground of any team that voted yes and would never go to Ipox again regardless of the circumstances. I don't know if I could bring myself to go to ER for any game against them.

Lets hope this dire scenario doesn't come to pass.

ehf
12-06-2012, 10:59 PM
No way. I have followed Hibs home and away for over 30 years but that would kill it stone dead: it would be a licence for corruption, a cheat's charter, and I could never accept that. I would store away the good memories and watch top quality football on TV and amatuer football live. Actually beginning to hope they do let Hun Newco into the SPL!

I have renewed my seasons and would happily treat that as a parting gift to the club in these circs.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I voted no, i'd spend my money watching the WWF wrestling or whatever its called these days, its less rigged.

SteveHFC
12-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I voted no, i'd spend my money watching the WWF wrestling or whatever its called these days, its less rigged.

:faf:

Saorsa
12-06-2012, 11:06 PM
:faf:you could get him up tae speed with it :greengrin

Billychaotic182
12-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Am a hibs fan forever. I may go off Scottish football but I'll always go to whatever hibs games I can get to

jgl07
12-06-2012, 11:17 PM
I've already bought my season ticket for 2012-1013.

So have I but I will not be using it if Rangers are let in.

Sir David Gray
12-06-2012, 11:20 PM
If Hibs vote against the new Rangers being readmitted to the SPL but they get outvoted, why should Hibs be punished?

I would never stop going to watch Hibs, as much as it's extremely tempting sometimes, but I would think very seriously about boycotting all matches against the new Rangers, whether it be at Easter Road, Ibrox or Glasgow Green (or wherever they end up playing their home games from now on!).

ekhibee
12-06-2012, 11:22 PM
I voted No. I've been a season ticket holder for as long as I can remember, and for the last 20 years have lived in the west, which means quite a lot of travelling to home games. I've always done it gladly, but I'm not prepared to make any contribution to propping up a corrupt institution which sadly the SPL would become if it allows Rangers, or whatever they want to call themselves, back in. I should also say that I have very little sympathy with any of the teams that vote Yes, if they want to be Ranger's lackies so be it, because make no mistake, that is exactly what they will become.

Gatecrasher
12-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Scottish football is done if rangers get back in. what's the point in a competition if it isn't fair? If they get back in Doncaster and the rest of them can get stuffed enjoy yer tv money but I can't contribute another penny.

DH1875
12-06-2012, 11:44 PM
IF we vote against them and they get in I'll stick with Hibs and continue to go to ER. Unless we make it to a cup final (glory hunter :greengrin) I wont step inside another football stadium.
If we vote them in, Petrie can take my ST and shove it up his ****.

Pete
12-06-2012, 11:52 PM
Hibs have done nothing wrong so not going to ER is punishing the wrong team.
By all means boycott ibrox and the grounds of those who voted for newco but to punish hibs, who have been one of the loudest protesters, isn't right.
The huns will be boycotting those who they think wronged them so we need more fans, not less!

Beefster
13-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Hibs have done nothing wrong so not going to ER is punishing the wrong team.

It's not about punishing anyone. It's about not wanting to watch a sport where all remaining pretence of competition, integrity and fairness have been so comprehensively trashed.

Hibernian Verse
13-06-2012, 12:51 AM
I would never turn my back on my club. If I can sit through that Final I can sit through a newco.

1875godsgift
13-06-2012, 01:15 AM
I love Hibs, born and bred in Leith, but if that bunch of cheating c**** are anywhere near Easter Road next season I'll never be back.
Reason being, like others have said, if you know the dealer is cheating, don't play the game.

Steve20
13-06-2012, 03:44 AM
Yes, because I'm not obsessed with Rangers going out of business.

PeeJay
13-06-2012, 04:34 AM
On the day Scottish football votes a newco back into the SPL it sends out a clear signal to the footballing world that money rules the game in Scotland and any pretence of a competitive sport based on sporting integrity and fair play is over.

Fans and clubs who accept this charade will be playing their part in the demise of the Scottish game - whatever you may be watching in future it is irrelevant as a sport.

Blackpool has got it spot on with his wrestling analogy - I understand that there are people who like watching wrestling, but everyone knows it's rigged...it's just a wee bit of fun - allowing Scottish football to be dragged down to this level is unforgivable IMO.

ALF TUPPER
13-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Yes. I'll go. I enjoy going to see the Hibees ( most of the time) .....and i'll get to taunt the huns forever.

camhibby1
13-06-2012, 04:44 AM
Absolutely no. No conditions exist that would allow me to accept newco Rangers straight into the SPL. If allowed no ST renewal from me.

PaulC
13-06-2012, 05:31 AM
A big no from me as the SPL would cease to be a sport but merely a vehicle servicing 2 specific teams. What would be the point ??!?

Geo_1875
13-06-2012, 06:07 AM
If they let them back in why bother going to games. The lack of sporting integrity would mean they could send out the results along with the fixture list.

flash
13-06-2012, 06:10 AM
I will continue to support Hibernian as long as we do the right thing and vote them out. We can't control what others may do.

lord bunberry
13-06-2012, 06:12 AM
As much as I want rangers kicked out nothing will stop me going to watch the hibs. I suspect a lot of people are looking for an excuse to not go to games anymore and rangers are providing one. I don't see how not going to watch an edinburgh derby is punishing rangers especially if the two teams voted against letting them back in I suggest anyone with a problem with rangers shouldn't attend any games involving them

bighairyfaeleith
13-06-2012, 06:13 AM
No and I wouldn't expect hibs to continue to play in the SPL either if this happened!!

down-the-slope
13-06-2012, 06:13 AM
i voted yes . but yes / no is too simplistic......

NAE NOOKIE
13-06-2012, 06:53 AM
I voted yes because I simply cant see how putting Hibs out of business is going to help Scottish football do the right thing. If you car has a fault you get it fixed, you dont scrap it and take to the bus.

I will however boycott any matches anywhere in Scotland involving a rangers newco if they walk straight back into the SPL.

I hope the SPL and Scottish football in general are getting the message here and it wont come to that. Its a very stupid business that sells its soul for short term gain and ignores its long term prospects.

Look at the banks.

GGTTH

hibbiedon
13-06-2012, 06:54 AM
I have only watched Hibs and to be honest I stopped going to ibrox a few years ago because of their sick so called fans, if Hibs vote against the newco why punish Hibs ?

3pm
13-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Why punish Hibs?

HH81
13-06-2012, 06:58 AM
I will continue to support Hibernian as long as we do the right thing and vote them out. We can't control what others may do.

I voted yes and think the same as above. As long as Hibs try do the right thing.

silverhibee
13-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Game over for me, if they're in, I'm out.

Dan has said it for me.

No sadly.

basehibby
13-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Yes for me - cos I honestly couldn't turn my back on the Hibs - that said my enthusiasm for the whole thing would take a nosedive and I wouldn't touch a game involving the new-huns witha bargepole.

basehibby
13-06-2012, 08:19 AM
No and I wouldn't expect hibs to continue to play in the SPL either if this happened!!

:agree: Good point - a mass resignation SHOULD be the response if newco huns are handed SPL status.

.Sean.
13-06-2012, 08:21 AM
I'd only turn my back if the Hibs board decide to re-admit them. If Petrie says No to a NewCo, he's at least done his bit.

Bottom line is I love Hibs more than I hate Rangers.

Greenheart
13-06-2012, 08:22 AM
yes as I renewed my season back in April so not going to pay and not watch but next season might be different and I certainly would not by any SPL sponsored product or Hibs sponsors product or any merchandise from pies to strips if Hibs voted for them to be put back in.

tartanhibee
13-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Game over for the SPL if they get back in so what's the point of going to watch it.

Gatecrasher
13-06-2012, 09:03 AM
That would be interesting if teams against a newco quit the SPL and drop to the SFL :agree:

MyJo
13-06-2012, 09:09 AM
if hibs vote no to re-entry then to punish the club by not going is a bit unfair. boycotting the newhuns plus any team who allows them re-entry plus thier sponsors and any sponsors of the SPL would be the way to go.

N.Wales Hibby
13-06-2012, 09:22 AM
A big no from me as the SPL would cease to be a sport but merely a vehicle servicing 2 specific teams. What would be the point ??!?

:top marks

littleplum
13-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I voted 'yes' because I've got my ST for next year and I like going with my pal. Who knows next year. If the atmosphere dies completely and life and enthusiasm is sucked out of Scottish football as a result of this decision, as might well happen, then we might find something else to do in 2013.

MB62
13-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I voted NO as I would feel completely cheated and presently don't see what the point would be in supporting such a corrupt organisation as the SPL.

However, I think if we are all truthful, if PF put a good team on the park and they were winning most weeks, I might find it hard not to go along. Of course the opposite is true, if we are still crap, then it would make things even easier for me to find an alternative to spend my cash on.

Sylar
13-06-2012, 09:52 AM
if hibs vote no to re-entry then to punish the club by not going is a bit unfair. boycotting the newhuns plus any team who allows them re-entry plus thier sponsors and any sponsors of the SPL would be the way to go.

I guess it would harm the club, it's a valid point, but I wouldn't view it as "punishing" the club. There is absolutely zero point in watching a club competing in a league structure which is hugely bent towards the longevity of 2 clubs, one of whom has raped other clubs, employees, business and the taxpayer out of millions of pounds.

If the SPL allow this club automatic re-entry without unmanageable sanctions being applied (i.e., at least ensuring relegation the following season is an almost certainty) they send out the message that 2 clubs and income are worth more to them than ensuring a fair crack at the whip for all of its members and potential future members.

ANY other club outwith the OF would be punted without question. I'd be surprised if it even came down to a vote in any other case.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 10:04 AM
To those who voted yes, just one question?

How much cheating would it take before you changed your mind?

Malthibby
13-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Don't know what I'd do, said many weeks ago that i'd boycott Rangers games & send the freebie tickets back shredded but would use my ST the rest of the time, irrespective of what happened & for what it was worth e-mailed the club to that effect.
It's different now.
If Hibs voted against them I would continue supporting the team, if we voted to re-admit them I think that might be the end.
Can't believe I just wrote that but what would HFC be if we said we couldn't live without Rangers? What more empty, soul-less exercise
could there be in filing through the turnstiles knowing that there was no longer even a pretence of competition, of meaning to what we were watching?
It's time for Scottish Football to grow up; one of the big two bullies is on it's knees & when you get that chance you don't get all fearful & help them up, you take a long run up & boot them in the knackers as hard as you can.
We rise or fall on this.
In Petrie we trust..........
GG

kennyh
13-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Voted yes as its Hibs I love, but I would never attend any games V Newco or have any more trips to teams who it is known voted them in.

To me if any club accepts the Hun $ they can forget about my Hibee dosh.

HH81
13-06-2012, 10:18 AM

Hibs have not cheated. As long as Hibs do their best to get the cheats out I don't think we can ask any more from them.

I see a lot of people saying they will never return, so if Hibs get to the scottish cup final next year against Motherwell, you all won't go :confused: I think most would. Anyway hopefully the vote will be no so this route can be avoided.

Purple & Green
13-06-2012, 10:38 AM
27 years since a non-of team has won the league, and we now discover that not only were pre-wee squinty Celtic living outwith their means, so were Rangers for most of that period too.

It's now blatantly obvious that OF dominance was based on financial fraud, and the switch to the SPL has only made things worse.

So, if Rangers manage to offload £100M of debt, and stay in the SPL then I won't set foot at an SPL game next season. I, personally think this could be the biggest watershed in Hibs support since Stanton left for Celtic.

Ozyhibby
13-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Lots of people saying why punish Hibs? If Rangers waltz back into the SPL then Hibs and all the rest of the SPL wont be worth saving. They will be there only to provide the Old firm with useful idiots to play against on a sunday lunchtime.
If they are back in, then Hibs should resign from the SPL and apply for membership of the SFL. It is the only way we could hold our heads high and also the only way they would get another penny out of me.
This is the most important month in the History of Scottish football. Its up to the club chairman if they choose to save it or kill it.

Purple & Green
13-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Hibs have not cheated. As long as Hibs do their best to get the cheats out I don't think we can ask any more from them.

I see a lot of people saying they will never return, so if Hibs get to the scottish cup final next year against Motherwell, you all won't go :confused: I think most would. Anyway hopefully the vote will be no so this route can be avoided.

I'd only boycott SPL games personally - I'd still go to the cup games.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 10:42 AM

I realise Hibs have not cheated, WE ARE THE TEAM THATS BEEN CHEATED, ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE SPL.

Just how much cheating are you prepared to tolerate?

HibeeMassive
13-06-2012, 10:42 AM

I voted yes because I support Hibs, I go to watch Hibs and will always go to watch Hibs. If the gers are allowed back in, I would be less than happy but it wouldn't stop me watching Hibs. I would stop going to Ibrox, but thats about it.

The way I see it, the 'cheating' has been going on for years anyway so whats actually changed? At the moment (or, pre-administration) the league is setup to favour Rangers and Celtic with the way voting rights / fund distribution is setup. This will always give these teams an advantage over everyone else.

If they are allowed back into the SPL having been put into Liquidation, then I just see that as another instance in a long line of favouring the old firm. It won't change my stance on supporting Hibs, and if I'm being perfectly honest, it would just be another in a long list of things which I see as bending over backwards for them.

In actual fact, it might even be in Hibs favour, as there's a chance we might have a better voting structure / fund distribution in return for them being let back into the league.

I know the above sounds as though I'm not fussy what happens - thats far from being the case - but, I just don't see that we as a club will be any worse off than we have been for years.

Pretty Boy
13-06-2012, 10:43 AM
All depends what Hibs do.

If Hibs vote against but are outnumbered then I don't see why I should punish Hibs for something that is not our fault. I would still attend home games and any away games involving teams who voted against allowing the huns back in. I would boycott every team who voted the huns back in.

If its an open vote I'll never again set foot in the ground of any teams who vote the Huns to allow them in regardless of the outcome of the vote.

Sadly I think it will be a secret vote so we never know who the cowards are.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 10:44 AM
I voted yes because I support Hibs, I go to watch Hibs and will always go to watch Hibs. If the gers are allowed back in, I would be less than happy but it wouldn't stop me watching Hibs. I would stop going to Ibrox, but thats about it.

The way I see it, the 'cheating' has been going on for years anyway so whats actually changed? At the moment (or, pre-administration) the league is setup to favour Rangers and Celtic with the way voting rights / fund distribution is setup. This will always give these teams an advantage over everyone else.

If they are allowed back into the SPL having been put into Liquidation, then I just see that as another instance in a long line of favouring the old firm. It won't change my stance on supporting Hibs, and if I'm being perfectly honest, it would just be another in a long list of things which I see as bending over backwards for them.

In actual fact, it might even be in Hibs favour, as there's a chance we might have a better voting structure / fund distribution in return for them being let back into the league.

I know the above sounds as though I'm not fussy what happens - thats far from being the case - but, I just don't see that we as a club will be any worse off than we have been for years.

Unbelievable, they have always cheated so lets bend over and take some more?

HH81
13-06-2012, 11:04 AM
I realise Hibs have not cheated, WE ARE THE TEAM THATS BEEN CHEATED, ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE SPL.

Just how much cheating are you prepared to tolerate?

I think we had best wait for the vote before getting so worked up?

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 11:12 AM
I think we had best wait for the vote before getting so worked up?

I disagree, i think our club should know just what could be the the outcome of a newco appearing in the SPL next season.

I have no problem at all in folk wanting t support the club, and agree 100% with them in doing so if thats there wish.

My question to those that will watch spl football if they are, is just how much cheating would it take for you to change that opinion?

Our club could be on the verge of losing a great deal of supporters, these questions should be discussed now, not after the event imo.

LancashireHibby
13-06-2012, 11:12 AM
I would still go to Hibs home games, but wouldn't give any money to clubs who vote to keep them in. If Hibs vote to keep them then it's going to be a very big decision for a lot of us, I fear.

Dashing Bob S
13-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Love Hibs, but its meant to be competitive sport we are watching. The Huns weasel out of just punishment then it's meaningless. If I'm being absolutely honest I'd probably go along to the odd derby at ER, but investing in a season ticket when it's all but enshrined in the football authorities statues that you're playing only for third place - forget it, even I'm not that crazy.

3 years in the doldrums for 20 years of cheating seems implausibly light punishment to me, it's ridiculous that this is the parameters of our discussion. They should be kicked out of senior football for 20 years.

KeithTheHibby
13-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I would still go to Easter Road as I firmly believe Hibs will vote to boot them out but the days of me attending the likes of Rugby Park shall be over for good.

scoopyboy
13-06-2012, 11:34 AM
I voted yes for the simple reason I always will watch Hibs whenever I can.

Why on earth should I give up watching Hibs cos another team f***** up?

I wished I had more time so I could watch the 20s, 19s and other Hibs youth teams.

Turn my back on Hibs, never in time.

HH81
13-06-2012, 11:41 AM
I disagree, i think our club should know just what could be the the outcome of a newco appearing in the SPL next season.

I have no problem at all in folk wanting t support the club, and agree 100% with them in doing so if thats there wish.

My question to those that will watch spl football if they are, is just how much cheating would it take for you to change that opinion?

Our club could be on the verge of losing a great deal of supporters, these questions should be discussed now, not after the event imo.

What more can the club do other than vote no?

I think we club will read all the messages board and know what the fan think and what they may do if voted in.

Littlest Hobo
13-06-2012, 12:12 PM
We can live without Rangers.

We all need to live within our means.

If means no TV money then fine.

If that means paying players less then fine.

If that means watching poor quality then fine ( no change their )

I'm not going to support a league that protects corruption.

If that means walking away from Hibernian FC then so be it.

I'm no going to fall into their trap.

They think we will just keep following blindly, that's everyone's own individual decision to make for themselves.

We have an opportunity hear, let's make them listen for once, let's change Scottish football for the better.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 12:12 PM
What more can the club do other than vote no?

I think we club will read all the messages board and know what the fan think and what they may do if voted in.

I'm with you all the way, if the club vote them out they are doing all they can, other than trying to influence other clubs to vote the same way, using the information they receive from Hibs fans.

I'm all for folk supporting the club, and not walking away. Yet for me and others it seems if they are in the SPL next season, that will be the straw thats broken the camels back?

I'm asking the question that nobody seems to want to answer, just how much cheating are they prepared to put up with, before they decide enough's enough?

degenerated
13-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I'll be giving it a miss from next season if they are back in the spl. Once liquidated they cease to exist, it really is that simple.

NOLA
13-06-2012, 12:19 PM
i voted NO, the feeling we have been cheated all these years is a bitter pill to swallow swallow.

allezsauzee
13-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I love Hibs, I wouldn't desert them because Rangers cheated. I would have stopped going a long time ago if that was the case

HibbySpurs
13-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Making the poll a simple yes or no makes it tricky (obviously Blackpool's intention:cb)

I've voted no on the basis the if a Newco are let in then the SPL are seen for what they are, money grabbing, short sighted and corrupt to the very core.

Football is a sport and as such sportsmanship and fair play to all participants should prevail over all other interests. If anyone connected with Rangers had a shred of decency (chances) they would resign from the SPL and apply for membership to the SFL now and save everyone this hassle.

Had the OP put in a third option of say "only to watch Hibs at home" I would have taken that option.:agree:

1two
13-06-2012, 12:33 PM
If Petrie votes no but the opposite happens then I would still attend.
If Petrie votes yes then I'm off.

If they do get re-entered and Petrie/hibs voted against it I will attend the rangers games at Easter road then vacate the stadium as the teams come out, I'll also campaign to ask fellow hibees to do the same.

Paisley Hibby
13-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I voted No. I'd still go to support Hibs in cup games and friendlies but the SPL would no longer have any credibility and would be of no interest to me.

blackpoolhibs
Making the poll a simple yes or no makes it tricky (obviously Blackpool's intention:cb)

I've voted no on the basis the if a Newco are let in then the SPL are seen for what they are, money grabbing, short sighted and corrupt to the very core.

Football is a sport and as such sportsmanship and fair play to all participants should prevail over all other interests. If anyone connected with Rangers had a shred of decency (chances) they would resign from the SPL and apply for membership to the SFL now and save everyone this hassle.

Had the OP put in a third option of say "only to watch Hibs at home" I would have taken that option.:agree:

The reason i only put yes and no, was to see how many were prepared to still watch SPL football knowing it was corrupt.

Again to those who voted yes, is there a limit to the cheating you would put up with?

Hibernia Na Eir
hell, no!

marinello59
13-06-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm asking the question that nobody seems to want to answer, just how much cheating are they prepared to put up with, before they decide enough's enough?

Given that their actions have already been described as stopping just short of match fixing then I don't see there is much more cheating to be done than has occured already. Can I answer your question with another one? How many Hibs free weekends do you think it would take before the lifelong urge to go and see Hibs play overcomes your stance against Rangers cheating? That's where I am, I could say never again but I know that I would break after a few matches. I would not set foot in Ibrox Park ever again though and doubt very much that I could go to Easter Road if that mob were playing us in the SPL.

HibbySpurs
13-06-2012, 12:44 PM
The reason i only put yes and no, was to see how many were prepared to still watch SPL football knowing it was corrupt.

Again to those who voted yes, is there a limit to the cheating you would put up with?

Yeah, get that entirely mate, which is why I voted No.

As horrible as it would be if that was the only choice then the only sensible answer is no. Up to this point we've all known we've been cheated by the ugly sisters and now with the door open to finally executing one of them the prospect of not doing so is totally unreal. Green can offer all the incentives he wants but the answer to their pleas must be no, money isnt everything, most of the clubs will survive and at least Scottish football could lift itself up and show that we do believe in the sport and what the term "sport" stands for.

Lincoln Green
13-06-2012, 12:47 PM
No

Many people on this thread have rightly pointed out that this about more than the future of Hibs. What future does Scottish Football have in general if the SPL is seen to condone everything that FC Govan have been getting away with for years?

Surely UEFA or even FIFA will be keeping a close eye on this situation? Am I the only one wondering if the SPL will cave in as Scottish Football may become subject to sanctions across the board due to the actions of Rangers? If Rangers are seen to be bringing the game into disrepute and the SFA/SPL are not seen to take appropriate action could Scotland be kicked out of World Cup Qualifiers and club sides be thrown out of European Competition?

The question of the integrity of the Scottish game is a massive one. If newco FC Govan are allowed straight back in without any sanctions what signal does this send out? Surely following on from what happened in Italy to Juventus the very least fairness and atonement require is a spell in the SFL. TV money and revenue should not be allowed to dictate clubs being beyond the rules.

GGTTH :flag:

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Given that their actions have already been described as stopping just short of match fixing then I don't see there is much more cheating to be done than has occured already. Can I answer your question with another one? How many Hibs free weekends do you think it would take before the lifelong urge to go and see Hibs play overcomes your stance against Rangers cheating? That's where I am, I could say never again but I know that I would break after a few matches. I would not set foot in Ibrox Park ever again though and doubt very much that I could go to Easter Road if that mob were playing us in the SPL.

Its a very good question, one i cant answer but will find out one way or the other in the coming months?

I personally dont see me going back, someone asked this question before, and my answer was similar apart from i might go to the odd derby match. I have changed my mind recently, and as it stand now, if they are back, i wont be.

silverhibee
13-06-2012, 01:08 PM
you could get him up tae speed with it :greengrin

:agree: :faf:

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 03:18 PM
It appears we have a few supporters who seem frightened of answering what is a simple question?

There are a few supporters who have voted yes, they would go back. Some have even said they'd never stop supporting Hibs. Very admirable in my opinion, but i'd ask you all again.

You'd be prepared to support Hibs in a corrupt league, and even more corrupt league than we currently have.

How much more cheating are you prepared to put up with?

LancashireHibby
13-06-2012, 03:22 PM
It appears we have a few supporters who seem frightened of answering what is a simple question?

There are a few supporters who have voted yes, they would go back. Some have even said they'd never stop supporting Hibs. Very admirable in my opinion, but i'd ask you all again.

You'd be prepared to support Hibs in a corrupt league, and even more corrupt league than we currently have.

But I'd be supporting Hibs, not the league? It isn't necessarily a straight yes/no question when you consider the variables involved - if Hibs are prepared to make a stand but aren't matched by the rest of the clubs, why is it Hibs that should suffer?

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 03:35 PM
But I'd be supporting Hibs, not the league? It isn't necessarily a straight yes/no question when you consider the variables involved - if Hibs are prepared to make a stand but aren't matched by the rest of the clubs, why is it Hibs that should suffer?

I understand its not Hibs, its the league, we would be playing in a bent/fixed/corrupt league.

Are we too big a club to be punished, would we be allowed the same leniency should they stay in the SPL?

Whats next you'd put up with?

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Call me naive but we're not talking about match fixing here and although I would be far from happy if a new Rangers popped up I would not in a million years stop going to Easter Road. I wonder how many folk who have said they will boycott the matches will actually go through with it. How long would they boycott for. 1 season, 2 seasons or forever?

Sitting at home a couple of hours before kick off with your season ticket in view. Should I stay or should I go? :taxi Robbies Bar and make it snappy please. :agree:

Obviously you would have to leave a bit earlier coming from Blackpool.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Call me naive but we're not talking about match fixing here and although I would be far from happy if a new Rangers popped up I would not in a million years stop going to Easter Road. I wonder how many folk who have said they will boycott the matches will actually go through with it. How long would they boycott for. 1 season, 2 seasons or forever?

Sitting at home a couple of hours before kick off with your season ticket in view of sight. Should I stay or should I go? :taxi Robbies Bar and make it snappy please. :agree:

Its not a million miles away from match fixing, the other 11 clubs paid their tax, they spent theirs on players they wouldn't have been able to afford. Its near as damn match fixing in my book.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Its not a million miles away from match fixing, the other 11 clubs paid their tax, they spent theirs on players they wouldn't have been able to afford. Its near as damn match fixing in my book.

I know what you're saying but this is not your WWF or Eurovision Song Contest. I truly hope that the huns get put in division three and rot there while their gloryhunting hordes desert them or, dare I say it, go and support their local teams.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I know what you're saying but this is not your WWF or Eurovision Song Contest. I truly hope that the huns get put in division three and rot there while their gloryhunting hordes desert them or, dare I say it, go and support their local teams.

Again i disagree, imo it will be exactly like the WWF if they are allowed back in the SPL.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Again i disagree, imo it will be exactly like the WWF if they are allowed back in the SPL.

Kyle Lafferty in a leotard. No way.

R'Albin
13-06-2012, 04:12 PM
If Hibs vote no to the Huns then I'll be back, which I've got confidence they will do. If they vote yes then I'm offski.

HibbyDave
13-06-2012, 05:32 PM
If Hibs vote no to the Huns then I'll be back, which I've got confidence they will do. If they vote yes then I'm offski.

How will you know?

I hope it is made public how every team votes but do you really think tht will happen?

IF newco get into SPL I would need to be paid to attend another SPL match in the future.

So that's a NO from me.

The_Todd
13-06-2012, 05:34 PM
If Hibs vote against the new Rangers being readmitted to the SPL but they get outvoted, why should Hibs be punished.

Well, its not about punishment its about paying good money to watch a sport which pretty much publically declares its rigged in the favour of one team. Its sad that Hibs would suffer but the SPL would officially become a void competition. We may as well play 30 friendlies a season.

3pm
13-06-2012, 05:40 PM
So if we apply the poll result to our attendances then we'll be playing in front of crowds of around 2,250 each week?

Not only will Rangers be finished, so will Hibs.

R'Albin
13-06-2012, 05:43 PM
How will you know?

I hope it is made public how every team votes but do you really think tht will happen?

IF newco get into SPL I would need to be paid to attend another SPL match in the future.

So that's a NO from me.

It'll be revealed somehow IMO.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 05:46 PM
So if we apply the poll result to our attendances then we'll be playing in front of crowds of around 2,250 each week?

Not only will Rangers be finished, so will Hibs.

Only if everyone who has taken part in the poll is a season ticket holder. :wink:

I don't for one minute believe that everyone who answered no will carry out their threat. Some might but I have this feeling that the majority will not.

Time will tell.

Sudds_1
13-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Yes.........my club needs my support. Why should Hibs suffer because of the cheating masonoc barstewards...... But only if RP votes against the huns.

Season wise........I'd not go to Rankers games. That is my veto.

Hibercelona
13-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Choosing to no longer attend games isn't what will "punish hibs".

The only think punishing hibs is them being involved in a league where other teams cheat finanically, while they do things the right way.

By attending SPL games, you'll ultimately be punishing Hibs. Because this background cheating is only going to continue and Hibs will continue to suffer anyway because of it.

Hibs have been getting punished for decades because of the financial cheats and as long as we're involved in this league, it will only continue on.

Falkirk Hibby
13-06-2012, 06:14 PM
No. The Scottish game has been corrupt for years as we all know, but for it to be so openly shown to everyone, then that is it for me. Hopefully it won't come to this though....

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Choosing to no longer attend games isn't what will "punish hibs".

The only think punishing hibs is them being involved in a league where other teams cheat finanically, while they do things the right way.

By attending SPL games, you'll ultimately be punishing Hibs. Because this background cheating is only going to continue and Hibs will continue to suffer anyway because of it.

Hibs have been getting punished for decades because of the financial cheats and as long as we're involved in this league, it will only continue on.

We have cheated financially if you are calling it that, we have paid over the odds for players, players we could not afford.

Where we did not cheat, was we kept paying our bills, we kept paying our taxes, and we struggled with poor teams because thats the right way to go about it, get the debt down and pay your way.

Where Rangers have done it differently from any other team, is doing the same things, paying over the odds for players they cant afford, well they can if they dont bother about tax?

Instead of cutting their cloth a few years ago, doing the right thing and living within their means, no they want to pop the company, take a £5m hit, and start again, the richest club in the country.

Now thats financial cheating, thats a corrupt league, and you can bet your last penny if it was any other club bar the smellies, we'd have seen them relegated months ago.

Hibercelona
13-06-2012, 06:35 PM
We have cheated financially if you are calling it that, we have paid over the odds for players, players we could not afford.

Where we did not cheat, was we kept paying our bills, we kept paying our taxes, and we struggled with poor teams because thats the right way to go about it, get the debt down and pay your way.

Where Rangers have done it differently from any other team, is doing the same things, paying over the odds for players they cant afford, well they can if they dont bother about tax?

Instead of cutting their cloth a few years ago, doing the right thing and living within their means, no they want to pop the company, take a £5m hit, and start again, the richest club in the country.

Now thats financial cheating, thats a corrupt league, and you can bet your last penny if it was any other club bar the smellies, we'd have seen them relegated months ago.

Read my post again BPH. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Read my post again BPH. :rolleyes:

Yip i did misread it, and agree with you 100%. Couldnae be bothered amending it after writing it. :wink:

calmac12000
13-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Absolutely and definitely won't attend another SPL game and probably any senior game in Scotland if Rangers are not demoted as a result of their blatant cheating.
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

HibeeMassive
13-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Unbelievable, they have always cheated so lets bend over and take some more?

Unbelieveable because I don't share your opinion? Unbelieveable.. :greengrin:

Let me ask you a question then - what are you doing just now to stand up to the cheating which has been going on for years?

I take my enjoyment, besides my family, in watching Hibs. I will continue to watch Hibs regardless of what you think and regardless of what happens to Rangers.
Whether rangers are in the SPL or not next year wouldn't stop me going along to ER every other week and going through the highs (!) and lows of being a hibby ... Doesn't make me any better than other supporters, doesn't make me a bad person either.

For me, Hibs are the most important factor and if Hibs are playing then I'll be there..

DiscoLovinHibee
13-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I'd need a yes and no option depending on how Hibs vote.

If Hibs vote yes for Rangers to stay in the SPL then with regret the club will have sold it's soul and as much as I'd hate to turn my back I will have no choice.

If Hibs vote no for Rangers to stay in the SPL but other clubs vote them in then I will still go to Easter Road to support Hibs, however ANY other club who votes them in (including the newco Rangers) will not get a penny from me ever again.

13-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Yes, would NEVER stop watching Hibs

Same here. But I will be absolutly fuming if the newco huns are allowed to just walk straight back into the SPL after the cheating they did and shambles they have caused.

virtualhibby
13-06-2012, 09:47 PM
No

Sent from the commode in my listening room.

Sir David Gray
13-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Well, its not about punishment its about paying good money to watch a sport which pretty much publically declares its rigged in the favour of one team. Its sad that Hibs would suffer but the SPL would officially become a void competition. We may as well play 30 friendlies a season.

I understand that viewpoint completely and it would be pretty hard to stomach watching Rangers just waltzing back in to the SPL after everything that's happened but at the end of the day, it's for the SPL to decide as a whole and if the majority vote for Rangers to be readmitted then I don't see how that is Hibs' fault, as long as they have voted against it.

I am a Hibs fan, I will always be a Hibs fan and whilst I may consider boycotting all future games against the new Rangers side if they are allowed in to the SPL, I could never stop going to Easter Road on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon.

Maybe I am a glutton for punishment but that is how I feel.

lord bunberry
14-06-2012, 07:31 AM

Can I ask you a question what if rangers are voted in next season but hibs voted against it and we end up with a mass boycott of easter road and we only manage to get crowds of 3k. This would lead to financial meltdown for us probably ending in administration or something similar but rangers would be debt free. Imo the only team being punished by a boycott of easter road is hibs. I'm all for taking a stance but not this way

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Can I ask you a question what if rangers are voted in next season but hibs voted against it and we end up with a mass boycott of easter road and we only manage to get crowds of 3k. This would lead to financial meltdown for us probably ending in administration or something similar but rangers would be debt free. Imo the only team being punished by a boycott of easter road is hibs. I'm all for taking a stance but not this way

If that happened it would be because those supporters dont want to watch rigged football, If that happened at Hibs, it would happen across the board with every club.

I personally do not want to hurt Hibs, but i'm not going to watch football in a league that is corrupt, at best we are fighting for 3rd, now its clear 2nd CAN NEVER BE ACHIEVED, ITS NOT ALLOWED, THE AUTHORITIES WILL HAVE MADE THAT CLEAR.

I feel football will be finished as a full time professional game, should Rangers play as a newco next season in the SPL. I'd give it 10 years before we are watching part time players playing their football in the SPL.

Just how much cheating are you prepared to ignore, before you'd think whats the point in this?

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2012, 10:43 AM
If that happened it would be because those supporters dont want to watch rigged football, If that happened at Hibs, it would happen across the board with every club.

I personally do not want to hurt Hibs, but i'm not going to watch football in a league that is corrupt, at best we are fighting for 3rd, now its clear 2nd CAN NEVER BE ACHIEVED, ITS NOT ALLOWED, THE AUTHORITIES WILL HAVE MADE THAT CLEAR.

I feel football will be finished as a full time professional game, should Rangers play as a newco next season in the SPL. I'd give it 10 years before we are watching part time players playing their football in the SPL.

Just how much cheating are you prepared to ignore, before you'd think whats the point in this?

I can see your argument BH, but I firmly believe Hibs will vote no, citing sporting integrity for their decision. I fear however, that the other Clubs will show they have no backbone, and allow the Newco back in....

Now I would be less than happy if that is indeed the case, but I would not punish Hibs for that, I love Hibs too much not to attend....

lord bunberry
14-06-2012, 10:44 AM

I don't think the cheating will be ignored rangers will be severely punished for there crimes my choice of punishment would to make them start again from the bottom but if its not then any other form of punishment must leave them wishing they had just started from the bottom. Whatever the outcome of this it must never be allowed to happen again the rules need to be enforced properly to avoid.things getting anywhere near this stage

number9dream
14-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I'd need a yes and no option depending on how Hibs vote.

If Hibs vote yes for Rangers to stay in the SPL then with regret the club will have sold it's soul and as much as I'd hate to turn my back I will have no choice.

If Hibs vote no for Rangers to stay in the SPL but other clubs vote them in then I will still go to Easter Road to support Hibs, however ANY other club who votes them in (including the newco Rangers) will not get a penny from me ever again.

It's sure to be a secret ballot - just depends if chairmen blab afterwards.
I know it hurts Hibs (and other parties) but there must be a concerted boycott of all games involving Rangers if they stay up. That means our home games...

gegs70
14-06-2012, 11:19 AM
If they are worried about money and let rangers do what they want then they are not thinking about the credibility of our league. If one of the old firm were relegated would they not allow it because of cash....sky deals etc....?

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I can see your argument BH, but I firmly believe Hibs will vote no, citing sporting integrity for their decision. I fear however, that the other Clubs will show they have no backbone, and allow the Newco back in....

Now I would be less than happy if that is indeed the case, but I would not punish Hibs for that, I love Hibs too much not to attend....

I have no problems whatsoever if people like yourself want to watch fixed football, i just wont. I'm not punishing Hibs, i'm not punishing anyone, i cant for the life of me understand just how i'm punishing Hibs?

If i'm punishing anyone, it would be me. I love my football, i love everything about the whole day. We have a great time travelling on the train, a couple of drinks before, and dissect every minute of the match on the way home.

What is there to dissect now?

As i said, good luck to those who will go watch corrupt football, but dont go moaning about it next season when they are the richest team in the SPL, with all debts wiped out and they again buy every decent youngster we bring through.

Rangers in the SPL next season proves to the whole of Scottish football, that we are only there to make the numbers up, and its just there to serve the bigots in Glasgow and sod the rest.

And once again, will anyone answer? Just how much cheating are you prepared to allow, before you say enough is enough?

lord bunberry
14-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I have no problems whatsoever if people like yourself want to watch fixed football, i just wont. I'm not punishing Hibs, i'm not punishing anyone, i cant for the life of me understand just how i'm punishing Hibs?

If i'm punishing anyone, it would be me. I love my football, i love everything about the whole day. We have a great time travelling on the train, a couple of drinks before, and dissect every minute of the match on the way home.

As i said, good luck to those who will go watch corrupt football, but dont go moaning about it next season when they are the richest team in the SPL, with all debts wiped out and they again buy every decent youngster we bring through.

Rangers in the SPL next season proves to the whole of Scottish football, that we are only there to make the numbers up, and its just there to serve the bigots in Glasgow and sod the rest.

And once again, will anyone answer? Just how much cheating are you prepared to allow, before you say enough is enough?

Is there any punishment other than them being kicked out of the league that would change your mind. What if they were deducted 30 points for the next three seasons and the transfer ban was extended to three years along with the three year euro ban plus some sort of financial penalty. As I said before if hibs vote against them getting in but the other teams out vote us we need to have a plan b

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Is there any punishment other than them being kicked out of the league that would change your mind. What if they were deducted 30 points for the next three seasons and the transfer ban was extended to three years along with the three year euro ban plus some sort of financial penalty. As I said before if hibs vote against them getting in but the other teams out vote us we need to have a plan b

I wont be back if Hibernian Football Club are in the same league as Rangers next season.

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2012, 03:08 PM

We have all known for years upon years that Scottish Football only cares about two teams, a Newco in the SPL would only cement our thinking.....

I understand your post, and have to say for someone who has attended for years, to say you will stop going, even though you love the Club, is commendable and somewhat sad, that Scottish Football is driving genuine fans away by pandering to the Old Firm....

JimBHibees
14-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I wont be back if Hibernian Football Club are in the same league as Rangers next season.

What if they are in Division 1?

LancashireHibby
14-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Just putting this out there, but those who say they won't be back (hugely admirable stance by the way, it must be said), have you already renewed your season ticket?

Onion
14-06-2012, 03:17 PM
On the day Scottish football votes a newco back into the SPL it sends out a clear signal to the footballing world that money rules the game in Scotland and any pretence of a competitive sport based on sporting integrity and fair play is over.

Fans and clubs who accept this charade will be playing their part in the demise of the Scottish game - whatever you may be watching in future it is irrelevant as a sport.

Blackpool has got it spot on with his wrestling analogy - I understand that there are people who like watching wrestling, but everyone knows it's rigged...it's just a wee bit of fun - allowing Scottish football to be dragged down to this level is unforgivable IMO.

:agree:Obviously this. I'm just astonished how some people "just don't get it" :confused:

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2012, 03:22 PM
What if they are in Division 1?

I dont know, i have not thought about it? My initial thoughts are still no.

Just putting this out there, but those who say they won't be back (hugely admirable stance by the way, it must be said), have you already renewed your season ticket?

I have a season ticket for next season, as things stand its not going to be used.

Onion
14-06-2012, 03:31 PM

Nothing "admirable" about it - its a very easy, but very painful choice.

I've renewed and would ask for my money back. Doubt Hibs will give a refund straight off, so I might then start to look into the small print of the season ticket offer to see if I could force the issue. Failing that, try flog it to another Hibby who doesn't mind watching a rigged game.

marinello59
14-06-2012, 03:34 PM

I've renewed and would ask for my money back. Doubt Hibs will give a refund straight off, so I might then start to look into the small print of the season ticket offer to see if I could force the issue. Failing that, try flog it to another Hibby who doesn't mind watching a rigged game.

The club are under no obligation to refund the cost of your season ticket other than during the cooling off period if bought online or by phone.

Dashing Bob S
14-06-2012, 03:38 PM

Yes.

To accept that they will be in same league is to accept second class citizen ship in a rigged competition, (which, incidentally, is crap as it is). If the SPL/SFA let Rangers back into the SPL, then Hibs (and Hearts, A'deen, Dundee Utd etc) will cease to exist in their present form as they won't have the same official status as those other clubs. No fair sporting competition can function is its governing bodies enshrine the principle that one (or two) clubs are to be 'special cases'.

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2012, 03:50 PM

Why don't you just not go as opposed to asking for your money back, which to my mind is punishing Hibs......If you feel so strongly just don't attend games....

Hibbyradge
14-06-2012, 04:03 PM
I'll consider getting a season ticket again if Rangers are demoted to Div 3 as they should be.

However, if Rangers are in the SPL next season, I'm going to try to avoid anything to do with Scottish football.

I won't look for results or look at league tables. I certainly won't go to games or watch them on TV.

It won't be easy, but do anything enough times and it becomes a habit. Getting to like the habit, might be a different matter.

For me, there would be no point in supporting a Scottish team anymore, emotionally or financially.

I will become an ex-Hibs supporter.

Saorsa
14-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Just putting this out there, but those who say they won't be back (hugely admirable stance by the way, it must be said), have you already renewed your season ticket?I haven't because I'm waiting tae see what happens but even if I had I'd be sending it back and I wouldnae give a toss whether I got a refund or not.

Edit: I will renew if the correct decision is made.

LancashireHibby
14-06-2012, 06:54 PM
It's the painful aspect that I admire - I enjoy going to games too much to consider giving it up (although it may be home games only depending on how other clubs vote), so I think those willing to stop going to stand by their principles is something for them to proudly stand by. That said, it does make me wonder somewhat about my own threshold in as much as what would it take for me to say 'enough is enough'?

Ryan91
14-06-2012, 09:46 PM
If Rangers Newco did get let in, I'd be wanting to speak to the club about returning my ST and getting the money back for it. Even though I want to go and see Hibs, if Rangers we're let back in then I would have to assume that our Footballing authorities are rotten to the core. FWIW though, if Rangers are let back in, I could see Hibs resigning from the SPL in protest, so we may not watch SPL football at ER.

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2012, 10:39 PM
If Rangers Newco did get let in, I'd be wanting to speak to the club about returning my ST and getting the money back for it. Even though I want to go and see Hibs, if Rangers we're let back in then I would have to assume that our Footballing authorities are rotten to the core. FWIW though, if Rangers are let back in, I could see Hibs resigning from the SPL in protest, so we may not watch SPL football at ER.

Not a snowball's chance in hell of Hibs resigning from the SPL.....

DH1875
14-06-2012, 10:50 PM

My ST is bought and paid for next season. IF we vote NO and they get in then I'll go. If we vote YES to them coming in, it WONT BE USED.

Littlest Hobo
14-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Why can't they see that other teams might just flourish without Rangers in the SPL.

Teams outwith the OF start every season knowing there isn't a hope in hell of winning the league.

That might just change now.

mca
14-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Not a snowball's chance in hell of Hibs resigning from the SPL.....

.IF They Did Oppose The Newco And the bigots Are Allowed Back in..

I Would only support Hibs if they DID Resign from the SP-****ing-L - rigged up bigoted bunch of masons.....

. I / We - Would Gladly go along to and pay to watch them play friendlies against loch lomond united etc..

When The Team Needs Me - I will be back... until then - i would feel like iv been cheated ... :aok:

No Rangers In The SPL ..... thats my opinion x

Would Rather Hibs RISKED It and - Went To The Conference ...

Bad Martini
14-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Will always watch Hibs.

Unfortunately it's in the blood.

Doesn't mean I like the situ with the Manky buns

Lets hope division 3 becomes them. As they DESERVE.

ENDOF

totalfootball
15-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Right,
Im not looking through all the posts and threads on here about Rangers dropping out the league etc but I cant believe any Hibee would seriously consider not going to Hibs games just because a new Rangers were formed and allowed to play in the SPL. Let me just state, im against this and think its unfair BUT no danger would this make me stop going to Hibs games. as I said in the title I only go to Hibs games to watch and support Hibs, Im not interested in who the opposition are etc Im only there cos i love hibs and want them to win! Can't for the life of me understand anyone who would stop going to support Hibs just because a new Rangers were allowed to play in the SPL, its out of our control. Lets just worry about Hibs and Hibs only.

frazeHFC
15-06-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't think i could walk away, but understand folk that do. Why play in a corrupt league with teams cheating to win everything?

Andy74
15-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't think i could walk away, but understand folk that do. Why play in a corrupt league with teams cheating to win everything?

Why take the stance now though?

Add Dundee, Motherwell, Hearts even, what is the difference? They have all gained a competitive advantage by not paying moey that's due which has also been cheating.

I do get it by the way but couldn't take it as far as not watching Hibs because of it.

Sylar
15-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Right,
Im not looking through all the posts and threads on here about Rangers dropping out the league etc but I cant believe any Hibee would seriously consider not going to Hibs games just because a new Rangers were formed and allowed to play in the SPL. Let me just state, im against this and think its unfair BUT no danger would this make me stop going to Hibs games. as I said in the title I only go to Hibs games to watch and support Hibs, Im not interested in who the opposition are etc Im only there cos i love hibs and want them to win! Can't for the life of me understand anyone who would stop going to support Hibs just because a new Rangers were allowed to play in the SPL, its out of our control. Lets just worry about Hibs and Hibs only.

Imagine you walk into a casino and watch a game of poker going on for a short period of time. It becomes obvious that something isn't right and eventually you realise the deck is rigged to favour a specific outcome.

Would you sit down at the table and play?

tomhorn
15-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Imagine you walk into a casino and watch a game of poker going on for a short period of time. It becomes obvious that something isn't right and eventually you realise the deck is rigged to favour a specific outcome.

Naw but I'd still watch

Sylar
15-06-2012, 09:56 AM
But would you invest your own money into it?

THAT is the issue for most folk.

Andy74
15-06-2012, 09:57 AM

A bit different to watching Hibs though, eh?

Sylar
15-06-2012, 10:07 AM
A bit different to watching Hibs though, eh?

It's obviously an analogous example.

I wouldn't put my money into a card game I knew to rigged, much like I won't piss it away watching a team participating in a league setup which is equally bent towards one or two players.

Scottish Football is more than one club and this goes for Hibs too. Yes, people are fans of Hibernian Football Club and having been brought up in the tradition, will want to support their team and watch them continue to play football, but would you really be able to continue pouring money into the club when they participate in a league which condones and safeguards cheating?

SlickShoes
15-06-2012, 10:15 AM
For a lot of people it's the straw that broke the camels back, I don't get to many games per season probably about 6-8 games, but I wouldn't want to make that effort or spend that £40 going to a game where I know for sure that another team in the competition has been cheating for years and got away with it, what's the point of ploughing your hard earned money in to a team that follows the rules that will never win anything?

Spike Mandela
15-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Despite what the OP says watching Hibs requires there to be an opposition. If the opposition are cheats and most things are rigged in their favour then that makes Hibs an irrelevance no matter how much we love them.

Some can stomach this and ignore it others will decide that enough is enough and find other ways of enjoying their money.

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 10:35 AM
I can understand both sides, some will go regardless, some won't tolerate blatant corruption.

I am a follower of Hibs (blind faith), so I would watch them play anyone........That's just what I do, bourne out of habit, but I still enjoy watching them....It won't ever change, I'm too set in my ways to stop attending....

Andy74
15-06-2012, 10:39 AM
How about when we vote no and Dundee get it? There will be two clubs in there who have stiffed creditors in the past and come back to compete and another who don't seem to care about debt and compete beyond their means.

That'll be better, how, exactly?

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 10:42 AM
How about when we vote no and Dundee get it? There will be two clubs in there who have stiffed creditors in the past and come back to compete and another who don't seem to care about debt and compete beyond their means.

Not on the same level where it meant that they could outbid players and win trophies every year. Yes it's still bad. But they weren't bullying other clubs in the process. Rangers, SPL, the lot can ram it.

totalfootball
15-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I can understand both sides, some will go regardless, some won't tolerate blatant corruption.

I am a follower of Hibs (blind faith), so I would watch them play anyone........That's just what I do, bourne out of habit, but I still enjoy watching them....It won't ever change, I'm too set in my
ways to stop attending....

Couldn't agree more! If Hibs were playing Elgin city at Borough Briggs in the 3rd division i'd still go and support them. I hate cheats and completely agree, they should be bansihed from the league to div 3 but if they aren't, I will certainly not walk away from supporting Hibs, this would just mean we suffer even further if our own fans did this! 2 fingers up to the rest of them, Hibs run through our blood and thats it.

Geo_1875
15-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Couldn't agree more! If Hibs were playing Elgin city at Borough Briggs in the 3rd division i'd still go and support them. I hate cheats and completely agree, they should be bansihed from the league to div 3 but if they aren't, I will certainly not walk away from supporting Hibs, this would just mean we suffer even further if our own fans did this! 2 fingers up to the rest of them, Hibs run through our blood and thats it.

I'd be there watching them as well unless Elgin were given a 10 goal start and Craig Thomson was the referee.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Sport in this country is taken very seriously, particularly football, but if Rangers are allowed to waltz back in, the SPL will be a total joke.

I want nothing to do with such a farce.

I would be so disillusioned that it really wouldn't bother me if Hibs decided to resign from that pointless "league", pack up and leave football for good.

I can find something else to do for 90 minutes a few weeks a year.

alexedwards
15-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Right,

Can't believe this needs to be explained;
It's been established that blatant cheating has gone down in more ways then anyone could ever imagine - this is not just a few dodgy ref decisions.
To summarise the love for Hibs - this is a guy giving your wife a poke while your in the bed sleeping and you're wife looking round and saying "I still love you really."
You are putting misplaced love for Hibs before fact - it does not come above everything. It is not possible to participate in a football league that does not recognise
sporting integrity, and therefore the love of Hibs is in suspension until such times as Hibs find a place to play where they will be treated as an equal, and that is what folk find hard to accept - Rangers have ****** the whole thing not just themselves.
Fact before emotion always - then emotion based on fact - other way round is plain daft.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2012, 11:49 AM
^
Great post!

Craig_in_Prague
15-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I have been feeling very apathetic to Hibs and Scottish football for quite a while.
This really would just be the icing on the cake to move on and let it go completely.

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Be interested to see who would walk and who would still go to the games if Gers do get the vote in their favour.

ahibby
15-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Be interested to see who would walk and who would still go to the games if Gers do get the vote in their favour.

I think they will be allowed to stay in the SPL but it will be on the terms of the other clubs. I expect the tv money to be split evenly between the twelve after this. if it is not then the other SPL chairmen will have failed IMO.

JoJo_07
15-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I voted yes. I would still go for this season only because I have paid for my season ticket along with my father. I've have made it very clear to Hibs in an email that should they vote Newco back in they won't be seeing any of my money in future. I'll be asking for a refund if they do get voted back in though.

N.Wales Hibby
15-06-2012, 12:01 PM
It's been established that blatant cheating has gone down in more ways then anyone could ever imagine - this is not just a few dodgy ref decisions.
To summarise the love for Hibs - this is a guy giving your wife a poke while your in the bed sleeping and you're wife looking round and saying "I still love you really."
You are putting misplaced love for Hibs before fact - it does not come above everything. It is not possible to participate in a football league that does not recognise
sporting integrity, and therefore the love of Hibs is in suspension until such times as Hibs find a place to play where they will be treated as an equal, and that is what folk find hard to accept - Rangers have ****** the whole thing not just themselves.
Fact before emotion always - then emotion based on fact - other way round is plain daft.

:top marksIn a nutshell

R'Albin
15-06-2012, 12:02 PM
If Petrie votes no and makes it clear he has done then ill continue going. At least we will have some integrity left, even if the rest of the SPL don't.

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 12:02 PM
I voted yes. I would still go for this season only because I have paid for my season ticket along with my father. I've have made it very clear to Hibs in an email that should they vote Newco back in they won't be seeing any of my money in future. I'll be asking for a refund if they do get voted back in though.

I'm in the same boat as you bud. I've also bought a season ticket along with my mate. But i still won't attend the games if they are voted in. It will kill of Scottish football. Its already on its knee's this will tip it over.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2012, 12:04 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?239042-Would-you-still-go-to-watch-SPL-football-if-Rangers-newco-were-let-into-the-SPL

vla_di_vla
15-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Ive changed my mind. Ive voted no now due to all the crap we are having to put up with from all sides culminating in that so called debate on stv last night

Hibbyradge
15-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I think they will be allowed to stay in the SPL but it will be on the terms of the other clubs. I expect the tv money to be split evenly between the twelve after this. if it is not then the other SPL chairmen will have failed IMO.

How can that happen?

All monies received from TV and other sponsorship is split based on league position now.

% Table

Offside Trap
15-06-2012, 12:21 PM

Completely get all sides of the debate here. If this was pretty much any other product or service in society then it would be a slam dunk "I'm never going back" decision if this type of gross cheating/fraud was ignored and allowed to pass without proper punishment. But I think supporting a football team is a bit different and actually emotion does trump fact. Based on facts - why would we bother supporting Hibs at all? We win close to zip trophies and get our backsides felt by Hearts on a regular basis. Those are facts that flippin hurt but still we support and attend - why? Because we are emotionally tied to the club for reasons personal to us.

As much as the moral compass says "don't go" if newco Huns get back in, IMHO only a very, very small number of fans would actually be able to perpetuate that. Let's say Hibs next season at Xmas time are riding high in the league...third place....playing magnificent attacking football led by James McPake :blah: and the new year's Derby at ER is coming up against bottom of the league Jambos. Are you really not going to go....? Bet there aren't many who can resist and maintain their principle. I know I couldn't. :greengrin At the end of the day it is about supporting Hibs and the emotional strings pulled by Hibs will always prevail IMHO.

I do think this will be academic anyway because the Huns will get their punishment and not be in SPL next season....just wish the SFA/SPL would get on with it.

JimBHibees
15-06-2012, 12:32 PM

Dundee have already been punished for their misdemeanours, Rangers havent.

Just Alf
15-06-2012, 12:38 PM
How can that happen?

All monies received from TV and other sponsorship is split based on league position now.

% Table

I wonder who stopped it getting more fairly rejigged? :-)

wills
15-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Simple yes or no
Yes but not games against the newco

Andy74
15-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Dundee have already been punished for their misdemeanours, Rangers havent.

Have they? Some points off, survive and start again.

Rangers have had their points deduction already. What else are they guilty of just now?

I don't disagree overall by the way, I'd like them out now they are a new club altogether on principle but what is it that is really different to Dundee and Motherwell so far?

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 01:17 PM

So are you advocating that as a support we should all stay away if a Newco is voted in????

Not for me, my love for Hibernian is too strong....I won't walk away....

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 01:35 PM
So are you advocating that as a support we should all stay away if a Newco is voted in????

Not for me, my love for Hibernian is too strong....I won't walk away....

Nobody is asking you to walk away BF, just how much cheating are you prepared to put up with before you would?

whiskyhibby
15-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Yes

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?taza2y

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Nobody is asking you to walk away BF, just how much cheating are you prepared to put up with before you would?

I wont stop going, so that in theory means I will put up with blatant cheating....I'm not happy with the situation of Newco, as I firmly believe they will get in, but I will have to live with that....

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I wont stop going, so that in theory means I will put up with blatant cheating....I'm not happy with the situation of Newco, as I firmly believe they will get in, but I will have to live with that....

Sorry Brockie, but there you have the answer Rangers and the Rangers apologists in authority need to push through their corrupt views on the rest of us with morals.

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 02:14 PM

That's a sad state then. To actually say you will put up with cheating is simply wrong. Nothing at all to do with a love for Hibs because some guys who are walking are Hibs through and through but also have morals. You wouldn't put up with it in any other environment so why football? To watch a corrupt league is money thrown away. I honestly don't get why folk want to watch a league where you have bullies trying to still blackmail clubs.

gbur123ukgb
15-06-2012, 02:26 PM
if the newco are allowed in the league that is me finished with the spl for good.
I will also cancel sky and espn subscriptions if they are allowed back in I for one will never set foot inside a spl stadium ever again.
Whilst i support Hibs with everything i have i will not be party to cheating and allowing them to continue to do so.
I would rather watch junior or amatuer football than be involved with a league that allows a club to run up millions of pounds in debt then just start again.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 02:31 PM
if the newco are allowed in the league that is me finished with the spl for good.
I will also cancel sky and espn subscriptions if they are allowed back in I for one will never set foot inside a spl stadium ever again.
Whilst i support Hibs with everything i have i will not be party to cheating and allowing them to continue to do so.
I would rather watch junior or amatuer football than be involved with a league that allows a club to run up millions of pounds in debt then just start again.

Thats it for me, we should have beat Hearts to mad vlad, we'd have a few cup wins and even more european trips to have enjoyed.

What is the point of being prudent and paying the bills?

Andy74
15-06-2012, 02:33 PM
That's a sad state then. To actually say you will put up with cheating is simply wrong. Nothing at all to do with a love for Hibs because some guys who are walking are Hibs through and through but also have morals. You wouldn't put up with it in any other environment so why football? To watch a corrupt league is money thrown away. I honestly don't get why folk want to watch a league where you have bullies trying to still blackmail clubs.

What's changed though? You have various forms of cheating the system already in place, with or without a newco.

None of it is right but whilst Hibs are still there playing then I'll be supporting them.

We've just been spanked in the final by a team playing hard and fast with the rules and it is not equitable in a sporting sense in any way. That hasn't led to any boycotss until they are returned to just Hearts, living within their means.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 02:43 PM
What's changed though? You have various forms of cheating the system already in place, with or without a newco.

None of it is right but whilst Hibs are still there playing then I'll be supporting them.

We've just been spanked in the final by a team playing hard and fast with the rules and it is not equitable in a sporting sense in any way. That hasn't led to any boycotss until they are returned to just Hearts, living within their means.

Which of these teams are a newco, and were allowed back into the SPL because they are too big to relegate?

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 03:02 PM

Let's put it another way then, Hertz were late paying player wages on numerous occasions, and signed Beattie even knowing what they were doing. That is cheating the system if you like, but 25,000 Hibs fans went to Hampden, to watch us versus the cheats....Coming across as you are with moral high ground doesn't cut it for me....

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 03:04 PM
As much as I hate Hearts Andy they haven't been as bad as Gers. Paying players they can't afford is something Hibs done too under Mcleish. We eventually cut costs and rightly so. Hearts may pay late but they eventually pay. If they brake the rules like Gers i.e taxes and try get in as a newco then I'd be the same. Your talking about other teams cheating in what way? Dundee were punished so were Motherwell we're they not? Rangers want in as a totally new team which is fundemantily wrong. This is why we are turning our backs on the SPL. If Hibs could resign along with the rest except old firm and start again under a new structure I'd fully support that.

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 03:05 PM
To the ones walking away if Newco gets entry to SPL, would they return if Hibs were flying high vying for a European place (I know somewhat misguided and frivilous), or go to a Scottish Cup Final if it were us against the Newco?

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Let's put it another way then, Hertz were late paying player wages on numerous occasions, and signed Beattie even knowing what they were doing. That is cheating the system if you like, but 25,000 Hibs fans went to Hampden, to watch us versus the cheats....Coming across as you are with moral high ground doesn't cut it for me....

I see what your trying to say, but this obsession with hearts people have saying they are signing players they can't afford doesn't wash. They pay him so they aren't cheating. Yes they are in millions of debt and they could well go the same way. If they did I'd be the same. New regulations next season will punish late payments so hopefully we see this. Fair play to you for going to watch a corrupt league and not bothered but I can't.

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 03:09 PM
To the ones walking away if Newco gets entry to SPL, would they return if Hibs were flying high vying for a European place (I know somewhat misguided and frivilous), or go to a Scottish Cup Final if it were us against the Newco?

No.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 03:10 PM

I wont be back. Ok if we are going to be silly, if John Greig is the ref at the next Hibs Rangers game, and gives a penalty in the last minute for a foul on the half way line, would you whinge about it?

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I wont be back. Ok if we are going to be silly, if John Greig is the ref at the next Hibs Rangers game, and gives a penalty in the last minute for a foul on the half way line, would you whinge about it?

This proper made me laugh BH :D

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Sorry Brockie, but there you have the answer Rangers and the Rangers apologists in authority need to push through their corrupt views on the rest of us with morals.

I can't change anything about the impending vote, but I am too passionate about Hibs to stop going......I would see a Newco voted in as immoral, but why should I punish myself for something outwith my control? Hibs will vote no, so I wont blame Hibs if the Newco get voted back in....

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I can't change anything about the impending vote, but I am too passionate about Hibs to stop going......I would see a Newco voted in as immoral, but why should I punish myself for something outwith my control? Hibs will vote no, so I wont blame Hibs if the Newco get voted back in....

BF, i'm not asking you to punish yourself, i also wont blame Hibs if they get back in, i dont want anyone to stop going.

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 03:27 PM

No, unless he was wearing a union jack suit....

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 03:28 PM

:greengrin

Saorsa
15-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Let's put it another way then, Hertz were late paying player wages on numerous occasions, and signed Beattie even knowing what they were doing. That is cheating the system if you like, but 25,000 Hibs fans went to Hampden, to watch us versus the cheats....Coming across as you are with moral high ground doesn't cut it for me....And that should be the next thing on the agenda of the SPL, financial fair play and clubs living out with their means. Credible accounts tae be submitted on time tae obtain a licence tae play in the league and players tae be paid on time, nae extensions and nae exceptions. Stiff penalties up to and including expulsion should be imposed on those clubs breaking the rules.

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 03:30 PM

I'm also not blaming Hibs by the way. Not their fault but sadly they will have to play in a corrupt league which will see many fans turn their backs on them. I also wouldn't ask anyone to stop going everyone is different.

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 03:33 PM

I'm just imagining that now lol.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I have no idea if anyone or every one of those who have voted to stay away will?

At the minute there is around 75% saying they would be finished with SPL football. If we reversed that and said only 25% would not be back, and that was the view across the board with every SPL club.

If thats the case, this league is looking at a hell of a drop in crowds next season if the vote goes Rangers way.

Sunny1875
15-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Voted No I would not attend,

But i think a yes / no option is a bit simplistic, True all sporting integrity is gone with only 4 votes needed when the 12 meet. transparency is needed when the clubs vote. We as the paying public need to know how our clubs custodians voted.

As opposed to looking for a reason not to go to games, I am looking for reasons to go to more ( i work shifts and lunch time TV kick-off just don't work for me to attend).

I Would think a louder message would be sent out to the clubs and the SFA if attendances were up for home games across the country up until the newco attended, then an empty home end (after all we can watch it on SKY). And i do mean empty. If the club sell any tickets apart from the tradition away end we demand to know why.

Imagine the scenario, if your club has voted a newco in, things don't go well for your club and another, you both struggle to put points on the table and it comes down to the crunch all things being equal, apart from the the Newco scoring 1 more goal against your team. your down and out. Or at the other end putting together a good season missing out on European football, down to dropping 2 points to a team who have cheated us all and been found out, then let off.

Andy74
15-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Which of these teams are a newco, and were allowed back into the SPL because they are too big to relegate?

The difference between a newco here and teams who paid 9p in the £ and exited admin is an awful technical thing to decide on you staging a boycott is it not?

15-06-2012, 03:47 PM

:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 03:48 PM
I have no idea if anyone or every one of those who have voted to stay away will?

At the minute there is around 75% saying they would be finished with SPL football. If we reversed that and said only 25% would not be back, and that was the view across the board with every SPL club.

If thats the case, this league is looking at a hell of a drop in crowds next season if the vote goes Rangers way.

Understand it being across all teams BH, what it highlights is that no matter what happens is that Scottish Football will never be the same again....If Newco gets in, could spell the beginning of the end......

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 03:51 PM
The difference between a newco here and teams who paid 9p in the £ and exited admin is an awful technical thing to decide on you staging a boycott is it not?

Not really, we could have went into administration when we were potless, if it had not been for STF and prudent management, we could very well have done that. We'd have been punished as tough as the punishments would have allowed.

We didn't though, we struggled back and managed to do so by having a poor standard of footballer to watch.

Rangers have done this on purpose, never thinking they would be caught out. They have, and they have tried every way possible to weasel out of each and every punishment thats due.

In the end they have had to fold the club, there is no Rangers anymore. Allowing them back tells me and anyone prepared to listen, that living within your means, something you have been very big on over the years, is just not worth it.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Understand it being across all teams BH, what it highlights is that no matter what happens is that Scottish Football will never be the same again....If Newco gets in, could spell the beginning of the end......

I think you are right? :agree:

Andy74
15-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Not really, we could have went into administration when we were potless, if it had not been for STF and prudent management, we could very well have done that. We'd have been punished as tough as the punishments would have allowed.

We didn't though, we struggled back and managed to do so by having a poor standard of footballer to watch.

Rangers have done this on purpose, never thinking they would be caught out. They have, and they have tried every way possible to weasel out of each and every punishment thats due.

In the end they have had to fold the club, there is no Rangers anymore. Allowing them back tells me and anyone prepared to listen, that living within your means, something you have been very big on over the years, is just not worth it.

And the difference in dumping your debt at 9p in the £ and carrying on as normal as both Dundee and Motherwell will have done?

We also could have done the same as these teams and perhaps been challenging Motherwell for their Champions League place?

I don't agree with what any of them have done so don't take this as defending Rangers! I'm just not sure why this should be the thing that makes us walk away from supporting Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I think you are right? :agree:

Im actually appalled by the audacity of Derhun, and the lack of backbone by SPL. They should be applying to be granted league status, at Division 3 level, but they genuinely think they are doing us all a favour by asking for SPL status.....The whole thing reeks.......Sure as hell if it were any other side outwith of Rantic then severe sanctions and penalties would be imposed.....

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 04:00 PM
And the difference in dumping your debt at 9p in the £ and carrying on as normal as both Dundee and Motherwell will have done?

We also could have done the same as these teams and perhaps been challenging Motherwell for their Champions League place?

I don't agree with what any of them have done so don't take this as defending Rangers! I'm just not sure why this should be the thing that makes us walk away from supporting Hibs.

Were Dundee and Motherwell punished with the laws we had in place at that time?

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 04:20 PM

Fully agree with you on that mate.

Thecat23
15-06-2012, 04:23 PM
By the way, they shouldn't automatically think they can even get in Div 3. There are other teams out there that will also apply if a slot becomes available. Some good Jnr teams ready to step into Div 3. Be hilarious if Newco was pied from that too.

Andy74
15-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Were Dundee and Motherwell punished with the laws we had in place at that time?

And if newco are voted back in that will be within the current rules too.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 04:32 PM
And if newco are voted back in that will be within the current rules too.

Is it?

Andy74
15-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Is it?

Just to continue arguing with you I'll say yes :greengrin

It is though, isn't it? Any transfer can be approved by the SPL by vote.

Putting aside other stuff they might be found guilty of later we are currently talking about a technical difference of which way you go about stiffing creditors.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Just to continue arguing with you I'll say yes :greengrin

It is though, isn't it? Any transfer can be approved by the SPL by vote.

Putting aside other stuff they might be found guilty of later we are currently talking about a technical difference of which way you go about stiffing creditors.

From the very beginning of the process the people who have been trying to keep the name of Rangers alive have been arguing three things:
1) The company which owns the club dies, not the club itself.
2) Therefore the club maintains its history, its players, its management team, its stadium, its colours … all of it.
3) The transfer of the SPL share is between one corporate entity and another … not a share being granted to a wholly new footballing entity.
Today the SPL is consulting its legal department – and I would presume for the first time since all this started – to ask that legal department if Rangers 2012 is eligible for punishments due to Rangers 1872.
For the first time ever, the SPL appears to be trying to ascertain, legally, whether one really can adopt the identity of the other. It is clear to me that if they come back and say yes then Rangers 2012 retains the history of Rangers 1872, and thereby has to take on board whichever punishments are open to that club. This would allow the SPL to strip them of trophies, relegate them etc, in keeping with their constitution should Rangers 2012 be allowed in the league in the first place. It would also mean SFA punishments would fall on the club for the same reasons.
If however, as I expect, the SPL legal team tells the league that the club which was formed in 1872 has expired, then we are in a whole new arena friends.
First, the club which won 54 titles (some tainted) and has the two Buckfast bottles on the jersey in honour of their two European final riots, is no more. History, club, name, goodwill, all of it will be erased the second the liquidation is official, and all of it dies.
It means Charles Green yesterday bought a training ground, a football ground, a name, the rights to Ally McCoist and Lee McCulloch’s contracts and …. nothing else.
The arguments over whether or not the History of Rangers can continue will be over.
Charles Green today confirmed that as of this moment the club he owns is not a member of the SPL or SFA, which is the first acknowledgment from inside Rangers that they are not one in the same … and if you thought the above was good, this is where the fun REALLY starts ….
Neil Doncaster has maintained the reason the SPL vote can allow a new Rangers is because this is nothing more than a transfer of shareholding between one corporate entity and another. It is clear that this will not be the case; that vote will NOT be about a “transfer” of share between corporate bodies at all … it will be an “allocation of share” to a completely new football club, founded less than a month before.
There is NO precedent for this happening … anywhere.
Right now he claims it requires an 8 – 4 vote for this to be accepted. Yes, maybe, in the context of a share transfer between companies, but we are talking about something requiring a “qualified resolution” here, a brand new club being allowed into the top league without any history of playing football … and this requires an 11 – 1 vote.
You cannot be a bit dead, any more than you can be a bit pregnant – thanks Phil Mac Giolla Bhain of that the other day – you are either one or you are the other. The SPL’s decision to discontinue this investigation until the proper facts of what Rangers 2012 REALLY is cannot have come at a worse time for the club. They cannot have the history and escape the punishment. If they are not entitled to the punishment they are technically, legally, commercially and utterly DEAD, DEAD, DEAD and Dundee AUTOMATICALLY should have been granted the place in the SPL yesterday as, and CHarles Green has confirmed this today, that league now has only 11 teams left in it.
Yes, someone will say that OldCo Rangers still holds the license, and are therefore in the league. Take a look at he SPL, SFA, UEFA and FIFA licensing criteria for a moment before you take that position.
OldCo Rangers does not meet the criteria for corporate structure, staff, facilities or financial to get ANY level of license at all. It owns nothing. It employs no-one. It, therefore, is not eligible for any license at all …
Today the SPL is an 11 team league; FACT.
All that remains is the final clarification of that, which, thanks to Neil Doncaster, we will have soon.

Ozyhibby
15-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Motherwell and Dundee both cam to an agreement with their creditors.
Rangers just walked away from theirs.
There is a difference.
If a new club is allowed straight back into the SPL then I will never set foot in Easter road again.

18/03/07
15-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Will go this season as I have paid for my season ticket,but will not renew for 2013/14 if Rangers they stay in spl

ozzie
15-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I will be following hibs next season. If we all made the decision not to take the cheating, stopped going to we then we would no longer have our beloved club. Do you think that would really have any impact on newco, spl, or the cheating? And are we willing to risk finding out?

Winston Ingram
15-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't even watch Hibs if they were let back in. The league would have lost all credibility. :agree:

Ozyhibby
15-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I will be following hubs next season. If we all made the decision not to take the cheating, stopped going to we then we would no longer have our beloved club. Do you think that would really have any impact on newco, spl, or the cheating? And are we willing to risk finding out?

If our beloved club is not willing to take a stand against what has gone on with Rangers then it is not worth saving. A new club let into the spl that has not qualified is just wrong. If it happens we may as well just go down the American franchise route.

Capt Mainwaring
15-06-2012, 10:41 PM
My love for Hibs will always outweigh my hatred of the Huns old or new

Saorsa
15-06-2012, 11:10 PM
My love for Hibs will always outweigh my hatred of the Huns old or newIt has nothing tae do with loving Hibs or hating the huns. It's tae do with fairness and integrity over cheating, money and greed. It's tae do with what is right and what is wrong and them getting away with what they have done is a massive step too far from that.

If any other club had done what they have I'd want tae see them punted too. Of course if it was any club out with the OF we wouldnae now be having this ridiculous carry on and discussions about newcos, it would have been done and dusted long since.

Pete
15-06-2012, 11:59 PM
If our beloved club is not willing to take a stand against what has gone on with Rangers then it is not worth saving. A new club let into the spl that has not qualified is just wrong. If it happens we may as well just go down the American franchise route.

How do you define "taking a stand"? We'll vote no and our chairman has been vocal. What more can we do if others decide to let them in and outvote us?

ozzie
16-06-2012, 07:18 AM
If our beloved club is not willing to take a stand against what has gone on with Rangers then it is not worth saving. A new club let into the spl that has not qualified is just wrong. If it happens we may as well just go down the American franchise route..
I do think hibs will vote no, what more of a stance do u expect them to takew

shagpile
16-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Yes, because I'm not obsessed with Rangers going out of business.

That is some reason.:confused:
Unfortunately it is not what this whole thing is about. It is about standards, morals, fair play & honesty.
If you want to pay to watch something that has none of these core values then so be it. It may be an obsession to a few, but to most on here ---& on other fans forums------it is about not supporting corruption.

Alan62
16-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I've voted 'no', but it's a qualified 'no'. I've bought my season ticket and, presuming a refund is out of the question, I'd probably use it. After that, though, I'd be out.

However, I don't think it will come to this. "The" Rangers FC won't be in the SPL next year.

Andy74
16-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Motherwell and Dundee both cam to an agreement with their creditors.
Rangers just walked away from theirs.
There is a difference.
If a new club is allowed straight back into the SPL then I will never set foot in Easter road again.

Creditors have agreed with the current position. The sale of assets was included in the CVA as an alternative option. None of the have challenged the position.

As said above though it's an awfully technical issue to decide to take support away from Hibs for.

Just an excuse that a few have been looking for I think.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Creditors have agreed with the current position. The sale of assets was included in the CVA as an alternative option. None of the have challenged the position.

As said above though it's an awfully technical issue to decide to take support away from Hibs for.

Complete bollox Andy, why would anyone need an excuse to stop watching football?

And you along with a few others are completely missing the point, when you say they are deciding to take support away from Hibs.

I'm walking away from Scottish football, I'm not prepared to watch a league where we are only in it to make the numbers up, thats always been what most of us thought, If The Rangers are in the SPL next season, that will have been confirmed, they wont even have bothered to deny it anymore?

You enjoy the most corrupt league in the world, but remember dont whinge when it comes back and kicks you straight in the bollox.

Saorsa
16-06-2012, 09:44 AM

Just an excuse that a few have been looking for I think.What bollox, why would anybody need an excuse no tae spend 400 quid, if they didnae want tae do it they just wouldnae. We've been bollox for years now, it's never stopped me spending the money + over a hundred quid on strips every season and a lot more besides. I'll have nae part in any league though that quite openly admits it will allow certain teams tae deliberately cheat and get away with it so they can win at all costs.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2012, 09:50 AM
What bollox, why would anybody need an excuse no tae spend 400 quid, if they didnae want tae do it they just wouldnae. We've been bollox for years now, it's never stopped me spending the money + over a hundred quid on strips every season and a lot more besides. I'll have nae part in any league though that quite openly admits it will allow certain teams tae deliberately cheat and get away with it so they can win at all costs.

:agree: If i needed an excuse, why would i have paid for a season ticket for the coming season? :confused:

Saorsa
16-06-2012, 10:29 AM
:agree: If i needed an excuse, why would i have paid for a season ticket for the coming season? :confused:Indeed, it's noting tae do with money or looking for an excuse no tae go. If the huns are refused entry tae the SPL and start in the 3rd division I will be back and spending again. It has everything tae do with what is right and what is wrong.

I paid 400 quid for a ST last March then missed half of it because I knackerd my back and didnae get tae a game 'til St.Johnstone on January 21st, I never even though about trying tae get any kind of refund, every rotten game I actually made last season cost me over 40 quid and I still spent 150 on 4 strips. My money will still be there for Hibs providing the league we play in make the correct decisions. If the decisions made are the wrong ones my money will go elsewhere, it's as simple as that.

lord bunberry
16-06-2012, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=Alan62;3264901]I've voted 'no', but it's a qualified 'no'. I've bought my season ticket and, presuming a refund is out of the question, I'd probably use it. After that, though, I'd be out.

However, I don't think it will come to this. "The" Rangers FC won't be in the SPL next year.[/QUOT

I agree rangers probably wont be in the spl next season there is so much pressure being put on the boards of the other 11 clubs that they will be to scared to vote them back in. I read that celtic fans are going to boycott any team that voted for the rangers to be allowed back so its now getting to the stage where its going to cost the other 11 more if they let the rangers in.

Beefster
16-06-2012, 10:49 AM

Too right. I shelled out £400+ for next season in the hope that the SPL would find a way for me to want to not bother using it.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2012, 05:16 PM
We have plenty of fans who would support Hibs whatever cheating was going on in the league, so why not join in with it?

I'm all for us spending much more than we can afford, if it brought us 2 or 3 cup wins and europe most years.

It would be worth it if you think about it, we dont win many trophies, once every 16 years or so. This gives us more glory and when you think about it, some right good days out.

Then after our punishment, those who wil go watch Hibs no matter what, will have had some great times and memories, all for a few years of pain, pain we'd have had anyway.

If you cant beat them join them, thats the way ahead.

woody47
16-06-2012, 06:14 PM
As long as the tache voted against the disease getting back into the SPL I would still go. However, if the tache voted them back in - the answer is an emphatic NO!
On another note, any team that did vote for them being allowed back in, I would boycott going to their grounds.

leggeto
17-06-2012, 07:32 PM
would never turn my back on hibs because of they clowns but i would not go to the newhuns game, i hope everyone would boycott it

leggeto
17-06-2012, 07:44 PM
From the very beginning of the process the people who have been trying to keep the name of Rangers alive have been arguing three things:
1) The company which owns the club dies, not the club itself.
2) Therefore the club maintains its history, its players, its management team, its stadium, its colours … all of it.
3) The transfer of the SPL share is between one corporate entity and another … not a share being granted to a wholly new footballing entity.
Today the SPL is consulting its legal department – and I would presume for the first time since all this started – to ask that legal department if Rangers 2012 is eligible for punishments due to Rangers 1872.
For the first time ever, the SPL appears to be trying to ascertain, legally, whether one really can adopt the identity of the other. It is clear to me that if they come back and say yes then Rangers 2012 retains the history of Rangers 1872, and thereby has to take on board whichever punishments are open to that club. This would allow the SPL to strip them of trophies, relegate them etc, in keeping with their constitution should Rangers 2012 be allowed in the league in the first place. It would also mean SFA punishments would fall on the club for the same reasons.
If however, as I expect, the SPL legal team tells the league that the club which was formed in 1872 has expired, then we are in a whole new arena friends.
First, the club which won 54 titles (some tainted) and has the two Buckfast bottles on the jersey in honour of their two European final riots, is no more. History, club, name, goodwill, all of it will be erased the second the liquidation is official, and all of it dies.
It means Charles Green yesterday bought a training ground, a football ground, a name, the rights to Ally McCoist and Lee McCulloch’s contracts and …. nothing else.
The arguments over whether or not the History of Rangers can continue will be over.
Charles Green today confirmed that as of this moment the club he owns is not a member of the SPL or SFA, which is the first acknowledgment from inside Rangers that they are not one in the same … and if you thought the above was good, this is where the fun REALLY starts ….
Neil Doncaster has maintained the reason the SPL vote can allow a new Rangers is because this is nothing more than a transfer of shareholding between one corporate entity and another. It is clear that this will not be the case; that vote will NOT be about a “transfer” of share between corporate bodies at all … it will be an “allocation of share” to a completely new football club, founded less than a month before.
There is NO precedent for this happening … anywhere.
Right now he claims it requires an 8 – 4 vote for this to be accepted. Yes, maybe, in the context of a share transfer between companies, but we are talking about something requiring a “qualified resolution” here, a brand new club being allowed into the top league without any history of playing football … and this requires an 11 – 1 vote.
You cannot be a bit dead, any more than you can be a bit pregnant – thanks Phil Mac Giolla Bhain of that the other day – you are either one or you are the other. The SPL’s decision to discontinue this investigation until the proper facts of what Rangers 2012 REALLY is cannot have come at a worse time for the club. They cannot have the history and escape the punishment. If they are not entitled to the punishment they are technically, legally, commercially and utterly DEAD, DEAD, DEAD and Dundee AUTOMATICALLY should have been granted the place in the SPL yesterday as, and CHarles Green has confirmed this today, that league now has only 11 teams left in it.
Yes, someone will say that OldCo Rangers still holds the license, and are therefore in the league. Take a look at he SPL, SFA, UEFA and FIFA licensing criteria for a moment before you take that position.
OldCo Rangers does not meet the criteria for corporate structure, staff, facilities or financial to get ANY level of license at all. It owns nothing. It employs no-one. It, therefore, is not eligible for any license at all …
Today the SPL is an 11 team league; FACT.
All that remains is the final clarification of that, which, thanks to Neil Doncaster, we will have soon.

ok you lost me

Levenhibee
17-06-2012, 09:22 PM
I voted yes. No way would I stop watching Hibs despite the new huns walking straight back into the SPL.

I just wouldn't attend a match featuring the new huns.

....Or visit the grounds of any teams who voted YES to Newcohun

7Hero
17-06-2012, 09:30 PM
not going back if they are allowed back in, no sireeee.

but then again not going back after that final, that excuse of season and that excuse of a football club intent on not losing money and letting those smell erses from gorgie lording it over us since the day i remember following them..

Levenhibee
17-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Complete bollox Andy, why would anyone need an excuse to stop watching football?

And you along with a few others are completely missing the point, when you say they are deciding to take support away from Hibs.

I'm walking away from Scottish football, I'm not prepared to watch a league where we are only in it to make the numbers up, thats always been what most of us thought, If The Rangers are in the SPL next season, that will have been confirmed, they wont even have bothered to deny it anymore?

You enjoy the most corrupt league in the world, but remember dont whinge when it comes back and kicks you straight in the bollox.

Well said.

It's an utterly corrupt league where two teams are exempt from relegation unless they can prove me wrong come the vital vote.