PDA

View Full Version : Urgent The newco SPL vote (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3

H18sry
12-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Can people please give there reasons for voting they way they have it would be interesting to know.

Admin's can you please leave this as a separate thread, to gauge our fan's feeling's before I forward the results to our board :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
12-06-2012, 06:24 PM
No. End of!

HibeeSince85
12-06-2012, 06:24 PM
No!

alexedwards
12-06-2012, 06:27 PM
no point - scottish football finito if newco allowed in. :bye:

Del Boy
12-06-2012, 06:28 PM
No. I will never attend another game if they're in SPL next season.

banchoryhibs
12-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Absolutely not!

Third division is so appropriate - it preserves the integrity of the league and also the integrity of the newco.

When (if) they get back to the top flight they do it with honour rather having a severely tainted club in a tainted league.

CraigHibee
12-06-2012, 06:29 PM
no, absolutely not! :greengrin

this is an amazing oppurtunity to change things in the spl and i hope that the chairman etc make the correct decision.

if the manky blue team are allowed to stay in the spl i'll be raging!

murray26
12-06-2012, 06:30 PM
No way, this is our chance to reclaim scottish football from the old firm, no more 11-1 vote for a start, equal share of money, teams only allowed to spend what they make, heavy penalties for offenders, Hearts could be donald ducked too, bonus.

neilmartinrocks
12-06-2012, 06:31 PM
no ****ing way!!
in fact i hope the cheating *******s who are responsible for this mess do time for tax evation and fraud.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2012, 06:32 PM

Add me to that too.

Saorsa
12-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Absolutely NO under ANY conditions

One Day
12-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Admin's can you please leave this as a separate thread, to gauge our fan's feeling's before I forward the results to our board :thumbsup:

will the other clubs have the balls

bighairyfaeleith
12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
nope, the SPL, not just hibs, will receive not another penny from me or my company if this happens!!

AlbertK86
No way

Plain and simple ... Cheating barstewards

hibsquaker
em. Scottish football needs to grow some baws.

hibsbollah
12-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Im tempted to say Yes, just in the spirit of devils advocacy, but theyve got Donald Findlay already so...

Naw.

bythecringe
12-06-2012, 06:37 PM
No no and no. What kind of an organisation allows cheating to go unpunished? Answer, the kind I want no part in. 53 years of supporting Hibs will be lost and I shall never go near another SPL game again. Too many years of treating the fans like dirt. I've lived with stupid kick off times and split leagues but won't be taken for a mug by paying to watch a corrupt league.

KazHibby
12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
no, absolutely not! :greengrin

this is an amazing oppurtunity to change things in the spl and i hope that the chairman etc make the correct decision.

if the manky blue team are allowed to stay in the spl i'll be raging!

Agree 100%

hibby72
12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
No no no 3rd division defo,livingston,gretna etc

steakbake
12-06-2012, 06:39 PM
It's a new club, so they should be officially considered as a vacancy in the leagues. If they are accepted back into football, it must be at division 3 level, with consideration also given to other clubs who might want to go into the leagues.

hibeelin
12-06-2012, 06:39 PM
No way, even SFL3 is too good for the cheating

clerriehibs
12-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Along with everyone else but we can stomp our feet all we want and it won't make a jot of difference.

What's really bizarre to me, is that the administrators and the propsective newco owners, think they can retain the players registrations ... how the f is that possible?!?!?! The club will be no more ... whatever format rankgers take in the SPL next season, it will be a COMPLETELY different legal entity.

Lungo--Drom
12-06-2012, 06:41 PM
I've been a Hibby since 1978. If a NewCo Rangers are in the coming season's SPL I will seriously consider shredding my season ticket card and start following another sport. This is the make or break decision for Scottish football. Cash or sporting integrity. So my answer in one word is:

NO!

silverhibee
12-06-2012, 06:42 PM
No from me.

Is it down to the SPL clubs who decide if they get in or not.?

Eyrie
12-06-2012, 06:43 PM
No.

Mon Dieu4
12-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't even think they should be allowed in D3 the likes of Spartans deserve it more

Off the bar
12-06-2012, 06:46 PM
kicking them out lances the boil they've become on scottish football, kick them out and we can start talking about hibs and how they're doing, keeping them in keeps their toxic influence in the game and anyone who thinks newco with a clean start into the spl is the end of the matter is very much mistaken, this will run for years and years, KICK THEM OUT AND MAKE THE SPL A COMPETATIVE LEAGUE FREE FROM THEIR BIGOTRY AND BILE

:bye::bye: Rangers :bye: :bye:

JohnStephens91
12-06-2012, 06:46 PM
No, they should be punished and the Scottish game can become a more level playing field with the reins held in terms of finance. This is a massive opportunity for teams like us, Killie, St. Mirren etc to really push on and receive extra money to improve our squads. It is time to reclaim the sporting integrity of the game by banishing the newco into the 3rd Division and seeing the SPL become more competitive.

Aldo
12-06-2012, 06:47 PM
If they become extinct then they should be punted ENDOF.

As a new co a vote should be taken by all league teams if they should be allowed back into Div 3.

Clydebank Airdrie etc.

They can GTF.

Leith Green
12-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I will be demanding a refund for mines and my daughters season ticket if they are allowed back into the league. I will never attend a scottish football match ever again either.

Onceinawhile
12-06-2012, 06:52 PM
No.

Wotherspiniesta
12-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Right, justlikebrazil.

Explain yourself.

:hide:

BoltonHibee
12-06-2012, 06:54 PM
No, and if they are I will never attend another Scottish League or Cup game ever. Next seasons S/T will be sent back too!

gazzman90
12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Absolutely not, hibs board and others must recognise that attendances would plummet as there'd would be no soul left in scottish football. Fair enough if the earn there place back by working through the divisions. A big NO from me.

MCameron
12-06-2012, 06:58 PM
No.

Sporting integrity must win the day.

Does anyone know how the fans on he other spl clubs fan sites are reacting?

I heard Aberdeen fans spokesman say they've told heir board in no uncertain terms that they expect a 'no' vote.

Celtic fans are saying the same.

HibbyDave
12-06-2012, 07:00 PM
It's no from me but this is not the only place to say it. Everyone needs to tell the Hibs board that they will never attend again if they get back into SPL as a newco. Also, demand a refund of season ticket cash as the purchase is not fit for purpose. You have paid to see a different product than that which will be on offer i.e. a corrupt league run by faceless people who are only there for the cash.

If you don't think they are faceless, how many people believe that the names of clubs directors etc will be made public when the vote on re-admission happens?

They won't even publish which way each club voted.

Pete
12-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Definitely not, and anyone who does vote for them should be ashamed.

I don't know how the gate money is shared in the lower leagues but I would be rushing through a 75/25 split or something similar. If rangers don't like it they can lump it but they would have no choice but to accept it.

Magnifique
12-06-2012, 07:04 PM
No.

Sporting integrity must win the day.

Does anyone know how the fans on he other spl clubs fan sites are reacting?

I heard Aberdeen fans spokesman say they've told heir board in no uncertain terms that they expect a 'no' vote.

Celtic fans are saying the same.

No from me, I am sitting considering season tickets for me and laddie and new shirts if they are allowed into spl in whatever form I will spend the money elsewere

silverhibee
12-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Definitely not, and anyone who does vote for them should be ashamed.

I don't know how the gate money is shared in the lower leagues but I would be rushing through a 75/25 split or something similar. If rangers don't like it they can lump it but they would have no choice but to accept it.

One yes vote i see. Tut Tut..

Del Boy
12-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know how the fans on he other spl clubs fan sites are reacting?.

Far as I can see everyones the same, Thompson at united said last week he'd been inundated with emails demanding they're booted out. If chairmen listen to the fans it will be a landslide but....

CMac1988
12-06-2012, 07:05 PM

Perhaps BlueistheColour is looking in? :na na:

danderhallhibby
12-06-2012, 07:06 PM
No way!!!!!!!

mcfly
12-06-2012, 07:07 PM
I think deep down they will be allowed in as killie, st mirren etc need their funds. However if they are allowed I would hope no fan of any team would buy a ticket for any game at ibrox.

Anything they win from now on is tainted and I really hope sporting integrity wins but cash probably will.

However assuming they don't get in check out Neil doncasters face will be a picture.

Northernhibee
12-06-2012, 07:08 PM
May I take this opportunity to quote the prophetic pop group 2Unlimited...

Gatecrasher
12-06-2012, 07:10 PM
nope, the SPL, not just hibs, will receive not another penny from me or my company if this happens!!
Same, except the company bit, it's just me!

HibeeMG
12-06-2012, 07:11 PM
It's too easy to make it a yes or no vote. We all should remember the amount of money that Rangers bring into our game. Also, from an outside perspective the Scottish game IS Rangers and Celtic......

Aw, f*** it, I can't keep this up.

Kick the cheating Huns out!!!!

Paisley Hibby
12-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Not a witch hunt or anything - but I'd genuinely like to hear from those who voted Yes what their reason(s) were for that. Or did they press the YES button by mistake?

HibeeMG
12-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Not a witch hunt or anything - but I'd genuinely like to hear from those who voted Yes what their reason(s) were for that. Or did they press the YES button by mistake?

Either way, they deserve to be ridiculed. :wink:

joe breezy
12-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Of course not

And I will happily make a contribution to the club for making the right decision

hibsbollah
12-06-2012, 07:17 PM

Mike Reily and his mum? :dunno:

easty
12-06-2012, 07:18 PM
no danger. :bye:

I'm really excited about the new, possibly dark green, home top...but Hibs won't be getting a single penny from me next season if they allow those cheating bar stewards back in the league.

There will never be a better chance for Scottish football to change. We've got the Huns already and Scottish football is dire, we absolutley have to take this opportunity.

silverhibee
12-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Perhaps BlueistheColour is looking in? :na na:

Now two votes for yes, who let Andy Goram on to this site. :greengrin

Saorsa
12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Now two votes for yes, who let Andy Goram on to this site. :greengrinThat would be 3 votes :greengrin

alfieboi75
12-06-2012, 07:22 PM
NO!!!

But I get the feeling that "newco" will get to join SPL, due to their history and status within Scottish Football!!!

If that does happen, then scottish football and scottish premier are ******g shambles!!!

CmoantheHibs
12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
It would be the biggest injustice in Scottish football history if they were allowed back in and, for me, would make playing in the competitions completely pointless.If it does happen it will likely kill Scottish football

mca
12-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Some folks reckon that Hibs amongst other teams - would finacially struggle without the bears..

If they are allowed to enter the SPL as a Newco - Then im another to add to the list of "walking away" from the spl... and probably fitba all together ..

Football teams Better Listen to their Fans.. :greengrin

Yuillsy
12-06-2012, 07:25 PM
No way.
They've been cheating for years, time for them to face up to the punishment!!!

IWasThere2016
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM

Yup - if they're in then I'm out!

Littlest Hobo
12-06-2012, 07:30 PM
No.

smurf
12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
No. They cheated us.

Littlest Hobo
12-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Petrie you dare vote for them to stay in the SPL and I'll hunt you down. ; )

inglisavhibs
12-06-2012, 07:35 PM
No way.
They've been cheating for years, time for them to face up to the punishment!!!
Imagine watching the first game of the season and getting humped 4-0 by newco Huns. That would be the end for fans of any non old firm team. Rangers staying in the SPL would be downright farcical. It shouldn't be left to the clubs. The SFA should make that decision now.

bandylegs_jLeighton
12-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Sporting integrity is beyond purchase.

I think our board has given enough clues as to how they will be voting, hopefully the other SPL clubs listen to their fans too.

stoneyburn hibs
12-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Democracy and all that , but who voted yes ?

Hope im wrong but i will be shocked if they are not in the SPL next season, clubs will bottle it.

basehibby
12-06-2012, 07:41 PM
There is absolutely no way any newco should be allowed to waltz in and dine at the top table just like that. It would make a total farce of our league and would open the door for any other team (ie Hearts) to write off their debts at a stroke thereby effectively cheating all the clubs which have been run responsibly of any chance of reaping the rewards of their prudence.

I would, like many other fans, feel totally disillusioned with Scottish Football if this was allowed to happen. It's hard enough supporting a team like Hibs as it is without brazen cheats - which is what Rangers are - being allowed to carry on as if nothing had happenned after being caught with their hands in the till and robbing everyone blind of truly staggering amounts of money, not to mention numerous cups, titles and players plundered from other teams with money that was not theirs.

If Newco Rangers start in the SPL I will find it very hard to motivate myself to go along to games as a message will have been sent out loud and clear that the game is a bogey and we are merely there to make up the numbers as a backdrop to the Old Firm.

Eyrie
12-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Democracy and all that , but who voted yes ?

Hope im wrong but i will be shocked if they are not in the SPL next season, clubs will bottle it.

Just click on the number of votes (currently "3") to see who is :stirrer:

Hibby Cam
12-06-2012, 07:44 PM
No.............

i will be demanding a refund on our season tickets if they are allowed in, no room for cheats in football

ScottB
12-06-2012, 07:44 PM
No. If they are in the SPL next season then Scottish football is finished, and will deserve to be.

hibeemarley
12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
I will never go to another SPL game if they stay in the top flight

H18sry
12-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Can people please give there reasons for voting they way they have it would be interesting to know.

machibby
12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
NO WAY. I only hope the club chairmen fully understand the level of the feeling over this. It's been bad enough over the years to put up with a club like rangers and the OF dominance of scottish football, but if they're allowed back in then it really renders Scottish football as dead in the water. If sporting integrity means cutting budgets then so be it, but if rangers get back in I really would think what is the point in the Scottish game. Makes my blood boil, that tired argument the bluenoses are coming out with, that without them the game could die.
Personally I would love them to disappear completely, how beneficial for Scottish society would that be?

hibeelady
12-06-2012, 07:53 PM
No - purely because cheating should be punished and I want to watch a game that at least is played with sporting integrity

SouthamptonHibs
12-06-2012, 07:54 PM
No div three is the place for newco Rangers.

The_Todd
12-06-2012, 07:54 PM
No. Why should they? Why not just invite Spartans or Edinburgh City to join the SPL? Or maybe East Fife?

Newco Rangers will be a new football club, and they should be treated no differently to any other non SPL side wishing to join the SPL, ie only via promotion. If the SPL vote them in then it's a clear sign that Scottish football doesn't care about fairness, equality or rules.

Billie Jo
12-06-2012, 07:55 PM
No. No ****** way, cheatin bigoted ****.

Hibby cal
These cheats deserve all that's coming to them
But only thing is SPL chairmen have not got
The b**** to throw the book at them.
Never a better time to even things back up.
If it was any other club apart from OF team
This would have been finished long ago

Sylar
I'd love to know the following:

1) Why the three who have voted yes have done so, &

2) If they're actually Hibs fans (as there's a combined 96 posts between the three, with one of them having no posts to their name). That doesn't invalidate any opinion, but it would skew the representative viewpoint.

IMO, absolutely no way should they be allowed to continue in the SPL as a NewCo. If a New Rangers are given the chance of entry into the SPL via a vote rather than achievement, the other 30 SFL clubs and any interested juniors should all demand a similar opportunity. There's no justification for them to be booted out and treated like any other club, as quite clearly, their value to the Scottish footballing economy is now null and void.

CMac1988
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Now you've gone and done it! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
There is absolutely no way that a brand new club should be formed and automatically take its place in the top division in the country. The idea of that happening is just absurd.

Everybody knows that this new club will effectively be Rangers FC in everything bar its official name but it's still a completely different organisation. It's Rangers FC that are in the SPL. If they go into liquidation and therefore cease to exist then it should be the 2nd placed team in last season's first division that takes their place in the SPL (I.E. Dundee).

ronaldo7
12-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Rangers have been on life support for the last 4 months, and it's all we've heard about in the media. They even tried to disrupt the Scottish cup Final with marches to Hampden.

All I've heard from their hierarchy, and ex players/managers/fans is about how it was done by one man, and that Scottish football should'nt punish the club.

If they'd accepted that they were wrong and did'nt try and pull the wool over everyone's eyes(again), I might have had some sympathy for them, but not a sliver of humble pie has crossed their lips.

Hand me the hammer, it's time to ram that final nail in.

Hibernia Na Eir
12-06-2012, 08:11 PM
I fear the Grand Lodge will have the right people in the right places to overpower the Scottish Football authorities.
The right answer is and always should be NO though.

proud_and_green
I don't even think they should be allowed in D3 the likes of Spartans deserve it more

There is absolutely no way that they should just be allowed to waltz in to the senior leagues full stop let alone come into the SPL.

They have cheated their fellow members, they have cheated the people of the country through non-payment (perhaps evasion) of tax, they have cheated many, many hard working businesses of hard earned revenue and they have cheated us of a fair competetive league.

The integrity of the game in scotland is at stake. Do we value money more than principles? The answer to that will be in the answer to whether the newco is allowed in at any senior level.

Let them in - proof that, football is more interested in money than integrity of sporting endeavour and fair competition.

Don't let them in - there is a chance that we may believe that the game is in the hands of people who care about it and the people who follow it.

In short, no way should they be allowed to come back without working their way in through the system that all clubs - such as the above example of Spartans - must.

Come on suits show us that you have a spine!!!

DH1875
Lets say for arguments sake they were voted back in and then in a year or two they had the chance to go down south. Do you think they'd say no, what about Scottish football. Course they wouldn't. Screw them.

ALF TUPPER
12-06-2012, 08:12 PM
No

stoneyburn hibs
12-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Cheers i had a wee look at the" infamous* 3 :hmmm:

barryhibby
12-06-2012, 08:20 PM
A big NO from me , they wouldnt give a flying f#@k about us if we were in this situation . Ta ta :bye:

Holmesdale Hibs
12-06-2012, 08:24 PM
No, for all the reasons listed above.

It's an utter disgrace that this has even been discussed. If the Huns are allowed back in then the SFA are corrupt to the core.

If the SFA had any integrity they would have dismissed it outright at the start.

**** the SFA, **** the huns, and if the board vote for it then **** them.

Westie1875
NO!!

:flag::lolrangers:

VPHIBEE

Let me give you a scenario:

You are facing a firing squad, and the guy in charge says: Look mate, I don't really want to shoot you, is there anything you could say in mitigation to allow me not to shoot you. You then give the guy the finger and say "get it right up you".

Rangers have shown no contrition, they have acted arrogantly and have threatened every other club with boycotting games etc. No way should they be allowed back in SPL. And while we are at it we should show the other half of the Glasgow Bigot Club the door and pay their bus fares down to England where they want to be anyway.

The suggestion has been that Scottish Football would not survive without the old firm. On the contrary, I think that Scottish Football would thrive without them. I think that we would see a stronger more competitive league, with more home grown players developed and given a chance. I think that this in turn would show benefits from youth football right up to the national team in the long run.

Just in case I have not made myself clear above - No Way, Never, Definitely Not!

Littlest Hobo
More than a few SPL chairman will be shifting themselves at this moment in time.

Rangers ex managers, managers, ex chairman, chairman, ex players, current players will be making begging phone calls as we speak.

They will stay in the SPL, nothing more sure.

Andy74
12-06-2012, 08:26 PM
More than a few SPL chairman will be shifting themselves at this moment in time.

Rangers ex managers, managers, ex chairman, chairman, ex players, current players will be making begging phone calls as we speak.

They will stay in the SPL, nothing more sure.

Anyone that votes against will get the usual threats of violence I'd assume.

heretoday
12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
No chance. I'll allow them to start in the 3rd Division but that's it. They'll give much needed income to the wee clubs down there.

Speedy
12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
No.

It would make a joke of the league.

There would be absolutely no point in playing fair...of course we all know there would be because the rules would be changed for next time when it's not one of the old firm.

craigmounthibs
12-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Whilst I say no there will be a compromise deal.

League reconstruction probably 14 teams and a change to the voting structure so that the of do not have all the power that they have at the moment.

Face saving for the killies etc of this world!

Just_Jimmy
12-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Absolutley not. I'd go further and say every club who votes NO should go public on their website to let their fans know. Each club should name and shame the clubs who voted in favour of Criminal FC so the fans of these clubs know who deserve our support and cash and which clubs do not.

Pretty Boy
12-06-2012, 08:35 PM
No.

Buying players and not paying for them is cheating.

Withholding PAYE tax to fund day to day running costs is cheating.

Paying players using EBTs is cheating.

If the SPL vote to allow Rangers straight back in they are in essence condoning years of cheating and in turn sanctioning others to do the same.

Its a no from me.

shades
12-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Absolutely Not! I would be returning my Unused season ticket and Expecting a full refund, and while it would break my heart, I wouldn't and couldn't go back to ER. to watch a corrupt league....

HibbyKeith
12-06-2012, 08:39 PM
i've been a hibby since 1978. If a newco rangers are in the coming season's spl i will seriously consider shredding my season ticket card and start following another sport. This is the make or break decision for scottish football. Cash or sporting integrity. So my answer in one word is:

No!

this!

John_the_angus_hibby
12-06-2012, 08:40 PM
No. If they allowed back in it will demonstrate that Scottish professional football has zero sporting integrity. It would demonstrate once and for all that is it rigged before the very first ball is kicked. It would be shown to be an old firm theme park and we are the poorly paid idiots wandering around in costumes for the gratification of old firm fans. ****ing no!!!

hibsmad
12-06-2012, 08:42 PM
No.

The reasons for this are obvious. However to answer the argument that clubs could not cope financially without Rangers in the SPL - clubs WILL manage without them. It will only be for a few years and everyone will just need to live within there means. The bottom line is that the standard of football in Scotland is extremely poor and if the clubs have to tighten the purse strings a little more then what's the worst that can happen? The standard of football goes from being extremely poor to being just a wee bit worse. Big deal!

If on the other hand they are allowed straight into the SPL then the worst that can happen is that Scottish football loses any integrity it had.

I just hope that there aren't enough guys running clubs in this country who can't see past the next few years.

PeeJay
12-06-2012, 08:42 PM
New company should start afresh and also take the punishment they deserve for the old club's misdemeanours - any attempt to shoehorn them into the SPL will end my interest in Scottish football.

Islington Hibs
12-06-2012, 08:45 PM
They will bottle it but it would be the best thing for Scottish football if they had to reform in Division 3. Short termism will rule however.....

Sumner
12-06-2012, 08:47 PM
NO .. if the cheats are in the SP-Hell next season,
I'll watch Match Of The Day instead, and not
spend one brass coin for ANY SP-Hell "competition"

hibbiedon
12-06-2012, 08:47 PM
It would not be fair on the 1st 2nd & 3rd division clubs who have played under the rukes .................

hibee
12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
No, they have cheated and need to be punished.

ronaldo7
12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Anyone that votes against will get the usual threats of violence I'd assume.

Nope...Ally will just ask for names.

Shirley we have a right to know:greengrin

PatHead
12-06-2012, 08:53 PM
No, they cheated. Time to take the medicine.

Pretty Boy
12-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Few posts on Pie and Bovril saying that Sky have given assurances they will continue to show Scottish football with or without a newco.

'No intention of going to war with Scotland' was the quote.

MountcastleHibs
12-06-2012, 08:58 PM
They cheated. Plain and simple. Sporting integrity MUST come before anything else.

P&D Windows
12-06-2012, 08:59 PM
No... and shouldn't even be guaranteed entry to the 3rd Division if any other clubs wish to apply.

Northernhibee
12-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Wondering if it would be worth making even more use of Social Networking - and perhaps even looking at Facebook groups and hashtags on Twitter more club specific - e.g. a "Hibs fans against NewCo in the SPL" or hashtags such as #HibeeAgainstNewco, #DonAgainstNewco, #ArabAgainstNewco etc. etc. etc. - we're going to hear all sorts in the next few weeks, we'll hear it'll all be the work of bitter Celtic fans etc.

It'll also give the opportunity to put more pressure on each individual club to make a decision based on what the fans want - imagine the impact it'd have if something like #HibeeAgainstNewco started to 'trend' or if there was a Facebook group with a large amount of members - it'd be much more difficult to deny what the vast majority of each clubs fans want.

The Glasgow biased media are going to focus on how we need Rangers, this is probably the best and only chance the fans of each non OF club will have to change Scottish football. This can't be ****ed up.

shankssaysno
12-06-2012, 09:02 PM
no

PaulC
12-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Rangers get allowed back into SPL and that will be me finished with Scottish Football for good. What would be the point ? Absolutely a no brainer for me.

:flag:

Scooter
12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
No
They shouldnt get any different treatment from anyone else. And they deserve the punishment as they have cheated Scottish football for years. If they do Scottish football would be finished

thekaratekid
12-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes 3
No 402

Petrie take note.

Irish_Steve
12-06-2012, 09:09 PM
And it`s a no from me too - as Rodders said, it`s a question of sporting integrity. Would be even funnier if the SFL didn`t want them either

12-06-2012, 09:14 PM

Agreed :agree:

Absolute disgrace if they are allowed straight back into SPL. Scottish football would well and truly go down the plug hole as many fans of other SPL clubs would walk away in protest. They have broken the rules for years (cheating to be more accurate), made an even more mockery of Scottish football etc so absolutely no way, get them shafted right down to the lower leagues where they should be, they don't deserve SPL status anymore.

HibbySpurs
12-06-2012, 09:14 PM
No

It would set a dangerous precedent if any other outcome is allowed to occour.

If one NewCo is allowed to re-enter at SPL level then the door is open for any other club to follow the same route by basically winding up their company, transferring the assets and then applying to re-join free of their obligations to creditors of the previous company.

Forget case by case basis, saying "yes" to one club means you would almost certainly have to say "yes" to any other club who fancied this route. Saying "no" would simply result in a legal challenge in the courts with the test case of saying "yes" already in place to favour the next "newco".

Refusing membership to any newco is the only viable option with the advisement that as a vacancy will now occur in the SFL said newco should follow the appropriate process in applying for membership to that organisation and following succesful promotions through the recognised league stucture the newco would be admitted membership to the SPL having earned the right to participate in the SPL competition.

iwasthere1972
12-06-2012, 09:15 PM
It's got to be a no otherwise what message will it send out to the clubs who live within their means and do not cheat by using tax payers money to fill up their trophy cabinets. If they want to go through the new co route then let them start up again but in the third division. Just a shame that we don't have more leagues.

The ruling that the current Rangers are allowed a vote is a strange one as they are the original cheats. A bit like a guy up on a murder charge being able to sit on the jury.

Only one way to vote and that is no.

Say no to cheats.

Planet Hibs
12-06-2012, 09:20 PM
A massive NO from me. Would be disgusted with any board in the SPL that thinks it is acceptable to cheat for all these years and be allowed back in as a Newco with a mere slap on the wrist. This is a huge moment for Scottish football and maintaining integrity above all else. HMRC have set the tone as quite rightly and as a tax payer I would rather wave goodbye to the paltry amount on offer to what they actually owe

EHZERO7
12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Absolute NO. They have done the crime now do the time.

I was going to get a season ticket with my son for the first time in five years but its a no goer if they are allowed to stay in the spl.

Pete
12-06-2012, 09:23 PM

I was actually meaning the clubs in the SPL, not the poll.

I think it's important that there is no witch-hunt and slagging of those who vote yes as this will give us a truer indication of how we feel as a support.

erin go bragh
12-06-2012, 09:24 PM
No

ggtth

proud_and_green
12-06-2012, 09:24 PM
It's got to be a no otherwise what message will it send out to the clubs who live within their means and do not cheat by using tax payers money to fill up their trophy cabinets. If they want to go through the new co route then let them start up again but in the third division. Just a shame that we don't have more leagues.

The ruling that the current Rangers are allowed a vote is a strange one as they are the original cheats. A bit like a guy up on a murder charge being able to sit on the jury.

Only one way to vote and that is no.

Say no to cheats.

We do have more leagues, just no more senior ones. The newco should have to earn their place in the senior leagues like any other team seeking election to the senior leagues.

lucky
12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
It's an easy decision but saying no is the easy part. The SPL need to change the division of tv money. Also ALL gates should be split 50/50. If Celtic don't like it they can join their ugly sisters outside the league

VickMackie
12-06-2012, 09:26 PM
No new club should be allowed immediate entry into a top league in any country. Even our ****ty little one.

Frank Moon
12-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Definate no-We've had to endure poor Hibs teams for years as we have been living within our means. We could have spent money we didn't have to win trophies too if it was that easy.

Prawn Sandwich
12-06-2012, 09:33 PM
No. My reason, the loss of sporting intergety if a club is allowed to continue play in the SPL after effectively cheating.

However, we all know that those in charge at the SPL and SFA have no intergety and Newco Glasgow Rangers will be playing in the SPL next season.

Pete
12-06-2012, 09:34 PM
It's an easy decision but saying no is the easy part. The SPL need to change the division of tv money. Also ALL gates should be split 50/50. If Celtic don't like it they can join their ugly sisters outside the league

50/50 is a bit much but like I said before, 75/25 sound good ESPECIALLY for the lower divisions that rangers will be living in for the next three years.
Imagine the boost these wee clubs will get, not just a slight rise every time rangers come to town. Loads of rangers fans probably live in those towns anyway so not only would it be a punishment it would be a real help for the bottom part of the pyramid.

Soldiersteve
12-06-2012, 09:35 PM
1. No
2. No, - no room for cheats.
3. No, - tax evasion, their unpaid bills mean Joe Public is duped again.

In summary: No f****** way!

Seveno
12-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Football would no longer be a sport if they were allowed back into the SPL. We may as well throw out the rule book and sack the referees.

Just Alf
12-06-2012, 09:40 PM
NO

:giruy:

Jonnyboy
12-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Rangers have bought and cheated their way through countless SPL seasons while clubs like Hibs have struggled in the main, but played by the rules. My vote is NO and I am convinced that the Hibs vote at the meeting will be NO.

I've paid my taxes all my working life and I applaud HMRC for their decision. It was right and it should be duplicated by the SPL

sleeping giant
12-06-2012, 09:41 PM
No.

If they get back in it will sicken me.
Without being a drama queen , i would pack it in. What would be the point ?

EdinMike
12-06-2012, 09:42 PM
I think the Poll speaks for itself in terms of were us Hibbys stand.

NAE CHANCE !! Sadly we have no political say or vote. It's up to the rest of the SPL to decide. I thankfully have been speaking to a few Jambo mates and they have said the same (Although they are mates cause they are the few and far between "good ones")

But I hope and pray it's the same over the board, we need to do this. As a league !

marleyhib
12-06-2012, 09:43 PM
No danger, but wouldn't be surprised at all if it happened.

I believe the current Sky deal is dependant on 4 OF derbys being televised each season (I may be wrong), as usual money will be the deciding factor.

Love Hibs, but I am really bored of Scottish football and its hipocrisy, it really is garbage and being left behind.

Alan62
12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
No.

Once all the facts are out in the open on this one, it appears we will see clear evidence of systematic cheating over more than a decade. This cheating is likely to include deliberate deceit not just to influence the outcome of football matches but to deny the state extremely large sums of money through the evasion of tax.

There is no place in the SPL for Rangers. I also think that they have done enough to ensure that if the rules are followed, they cannot be admitted to the SFL.

The message should be loud and clear to anyone considering cheating: you will be caught, and you will be punished.

The_Horde
12-06-2012, 09:51 PM
My yes is supposed to be a no. Stupid phone.

Baldy Foghorn
They should not be allowed in as a Newco. Dangerous precedent will be set if they return to SPL, as other Clubs may then go down that particular avenue.

SFA/SPL need to give them the sternest possible punishment, due to their blatant cheating and flouting of the rules, and thankfully FIFA will put pressure onto SFA to do so.....I fear that if the SFA/SFA let the Newco back in, the game up here would die, due to the total corruption of the situation. I would still go and watch/support Hibs, but a number of others have stated that they wont go back, which means big revenue dips for all clubs......SFA showing that they do have a backbone, might just save our game.....

Littlest Hobo
If Sky where to hold the SPL to ransom on this matter and insist that Rangers Newco must be given a place in the SPL from the start then they are playing with fire.

1. I'll no be back at a Scottish game.

2. Sky t.v would get ripped out the wall in oor hoose.

Sky don't really have the power, we the subscribers do.

This poll shows the overwhelming majority of us are not in favour of Rangers walking straight back into the SPL as a newco, I think this will be the same with the other fanbases in the SPL (outside of rangers obviously). As said above though, we as fans have no say or vote but hopefully the boards will look at their supporters feeling on this and take that into consideration and hopefully they can have the balls to do what is right and shaft those cheating ********. They risk many of their own supporters walking away if they fail to do this.

alan1875
No.

If found guilty of the BTC and dual contracts especially, they have cheated us all for years... Outrageous!

Saorsa
12-06-2012, 09:53 PM
;3261341']My yes is supposed to be a no. Stupid phone.I knew that had tae be a mistake. :aok:

sahib
12-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Are we not a Newco, but?

vahibbie
12-06-2012, 09:54 PM
NO.
I believe the backlash from the fans to a yes vote will surprise the rest of the SPL. Hibs and the others best pay attention to polls like this.
Like many others, Scottish football will be dead to me if the HUNS are still in the SPL next season.

The_Horde
12-06-2012, 09:55 PM
I knew that had tae be a mistake. :aok:

Hoping any admins looking in can perhaps change that?

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Are we not a Newco, but?

Indeed we are, and I have been wondering when someone would be brave enough to bring that up. It's interesting how people see things differently from a different perspective.

Long Time Hibee
12-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Absolutely NOT. NO way. NEVER.
They've cheated their way to titles and cups for years, whereas we do the right thing, pay our taxes etc and win very little.
They have bought players they couldnt afford and need severely punished.
Hit them hard and ensure that they and others (sons of Rankgers) don't think about doing it again.
A no brainer as far as I'm concerned. Get rid of the cheating barstewards.

Littlest Hobo
12-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I think the Poll speaks for itself in terms of were us Hibbys stand.

NAE CHANCE !! Sadly we have no political say or vote. It's up to the rest of the SPL to decide. I thankfully have been speaking to a few Jambo mates and they have said the same (Although they are mates cause they are the few and far between "good ones")

But I hope and pray it's the same over the board, we need to do this. As a league !

Hearts are just as bad, they are now cutting their cloth but had they lived within their means they wouldn't have three Scottish Cup wins in recent history and they wouldn't have lost their manager who refused to take half the pay he was on last season. Yes, that's right, ****in half! Cheating ***** the lot of thum!

12-06-2012, 09:57 PM
99.14% so far voting NO. How much clearer can we make it, I hope the board are looking at this.

weecounty hibby
12-06-2012, 09:58 PM
They havent even had the good grace to make some kind of apology. They didnt give a toss about the other clubs in Scotland when they were whoring themselves to any other league they thought may have given them more cash so why should we now care or want to help them. If they are allowed in Edinburgh rugby will be seeing a lot more of me and my money and Hibs and Scottish football will not get another penny from me

number9dream
12-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Motherwell statement:"We will consult our members, shareholders and fans before taking a decision on what our position should be.
"We regard the sustainability of the club and the integrity of the sport as interlinked.
"We have a duty to act in the interests of our club and we hope these can be reconciled with the interests of the game.
"It really is more important than ever that all Motherwell fans continue their fantastic support of our club."

In other words, we will listen to your opinions then disregard them as we chase the grubby dollar...

jgl07
12-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Are we not a Newco, but?

No.

Hibs debts were run up on non-football rlated speculation.

Tom Farmer separated the football club from the holding company. The ground and catering enterprise were also put in separate companies. As far as I am aware none of the associated companies were liquidated.

Eventually the group traded their way out of difficulties and the football club got back the stadium and the catering company.

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2012, 10:03 PM
No.

Tom Farmer separated the football club from the holding company. The ground and catering enterprise were also put in separate companies. As far as I am aware none of the associated companies were liquidated.

Eventually the group traded their way out of difficulties and the football club got back the stadium and the catering company.

The football club, though, was taken over by a new company. I had shares in the old company, which were of course worthless. STF then gave all fan-shareholders shares in the new company.

proud_and_green
12-06-2012, 10:04 PM
No.

This is my understanding too. There was no insolvency procedure at all. The club was bought then re-organised and split and the debt paid off.

EdinMike
12-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Hearts are just as bad, they are now cutting their cloth but had they lived within their means they wouldn't have three Scottish Cup wins in recent history and they wouldn't have lost their manager who refused to take half the pay he was on last season. Yes, that's right, ****in half! Cheating ***** the lot of thum!

Like I said these are the "Good Ones" who accept what they have done has been wrong and even admitted they may fall suit to the same fate.

I didn't exactly say that but I should have. Even if good hearted Jambo's can see it then surely the rest of the league can. I'm worried about Killie and possibly Ross County who will prob vote Yes.

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Not a chance. Scottish football is finished if nouveau Huns parachute in. I'll be right out the door. I'll probably taken in two or three Barca games in Serie A and see a little good live football and a lot of decent televised stuff, instead of crud in a fit-up league where two clubs are sanctioned by the authorities to hoover trophies.

down-the-slope
12-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Yes of course we should allow them in......they are really all that is important in Scottish football after all :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2012, 10:14 PM
No

I have spent years and years watching my club and others getting pumped by that club only to discover that for the most part they had put together their team by cheating. I have had to watch their odious fans celebrating at ER after yet another win against Hibs, only to now be aware that if they had not cheated some of these losses could have been avoided.

I want to see cheats punished to the full extent and for Scottish football to keep its integrity by doing so.

I will not damage Hibs by quitting watching the SPL if a newco rangers get back into the SPL but I will boycott any match the newco play at ER.

Its time the chairmen grew a set and did whats right and what 99.9% of their fans are asking from them. The damage to them from voting a newco into the SPL will be a lot greater than losing rangers for a few seasons to the lower reaches of the SFL. If they cant see that then they are INCREDIBLY stupid !!!

The Harp
12-06-2012, 10:15 PM
No chance! The SPL would be seen as morally bankrupt and would lose the little credibility it has left if they allowed this to happen.

ginger_eejit
12-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I think there needs to be some sort of consolidated, coordinated response from the supporters groups of the other SPL teams to show the strength of feeling there is against a Rangers newco joining the SPL.

Has there been any sort of effort to reach out to the Dons, Arabs, Jambos etc supporters groups to do this.

This could perhaps lead to an open letter to all of Scotland papers and release of statement showing that supporters of Scotland's other SPL teams prefer sporting integrity to short term financial gain

sahib
12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Indeed we are, and I have been wondering when someone would be brave enough to bring that up. It's interesting how people see things differently from a different perspective.

I was wondering why nobody had mentioned this. Nobody seemed to mind us doing it at the time.

I voted no in the poll but have changed my mind. The reasons are perhaps a bit odd, but I would not punish the Huns for being liquidated I would punish them for the double contracts which was blatant cheating.
If Newco starts in the third and is back in the SPL in three short years, then their supporters will feel justified and vindicated. The gaurding of old Derrys walls will have nothing on this. It will be a " Mein Kampf " (Unser Kampf?) event in their minds. Better to let them in, with the stigma of being cheats forever blackening their name. Let us keep the moral high ground and a burning resentment against them in the hearts of the rest of Scottish football. In short, deny them the right to a clean slate.

Bishop Hibee
12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
I voted no.

There is still no contrition from anyone at that vile club and indeed Greene was on SSN telling huns to write to their MPs to complain about HMRC's decision! "No one likes us, we don't care" they chant. Well as my old gran used to say, "Don't care was made to care".

I'm pretty certain Petrie will vote no. That would be enough to keep me going to ER regardless of whether the huns got back in or not but I'd never watch another game at any clubs' ground who voted yes if they get in. If Rodders is reading this (:wink:) I'm seriously thinking about getting a ST for the kids if Hibs do the right thing. Here's hoping the tax cheats get the boot.

Littlest Hobo
12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
I think there needs to be some sort of consolidated, coordinated response from the supporters groups of the other SPL teams to show the strength of feeling there is against a Rangers newco joining the SPL.

Has there been any sort of effort to reach out to the Dons, Arabs, Jambos etc supporters groups to do this.

This could perhaps lead to an open letter to all of Scotland papers and release of statement showing that supporters of Scotland's other SPL teams prefer sporting integrity to short term financial gain

Great idea!!

surreyhibbie
12-06-2012, 10:28 PM
No. The whole future of the game in Scotland revolves around this, and the clubs all seem to know the feelings of the fans, from what I have seen in the press.

Cant believe this would be allowed.

JohnStephens91
12-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Title is just like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin: http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124053

Personally I think this is a disgusting attitude and a lot of what the first few posters have said is sheer ignorance ie it is Rangers' fault they aren't there already when in fact it is most likely them with pro-IRA songs likely to rile up some seriously patriotic Englishmen. The very fact that the fans are wanting to ditch Scottish football is appalling, especially as Rangers are barely even cold, and from some of the posts they have wanted it for a while.

Both sets of fans from the Old Firm have disgusting attitudes towards our national league and a flagrant disrespect of the other clubs and their fans.

Part/Time Supporter
12-06-2012, 10:38 PM

Hibs aren't a newco. They have the same company name and number since the club first set up a corporate body in 1903 (maybe that wasn't a good idea....)

THE HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
EASTER ROAD STADIUM
12 ALBION PLACE
EDINBURGH
EH7 5QG
Company No. SC005323

Date of Incorporation: 11/04/1903

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/9b46860fc7517f3cf8c9c6c486d1864f/compdetails

The company you're thinking of was Edinburgh Hibernian Plc, which was the parent company of Hibernian FC Ltd in the late 1980s. Farmer separated the two companies and the parent was liquidated.

iwasthere1972
12-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Title is just like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin: http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124053

Personally I think this is a disgusting attitude and a lot of what the first few posters have said is sheer ignorance ie it is Rangers' fault they aren't there already when in fact it is most likely them with pro-IRA songs likely to rile up some seriously patriotic Englishmen. The very fact that the fans are wanting to ditch Scottish football is appalling, especially as Rangers are barely even cold, and from some of the posts they have wanted it for a while.

Both sets of fans from the Old Firm have disgusting attitudes towards our national league and a flagrant disrespect of the other clubs and their fans.

Based in Scotland.
Flying the Irish flag.
Playing in England.

Sounds like a joke.

JohnStephens91
12-06-2012, 10:41 PM

Can someone tell me why this was moved into this thread? It is a completely separate issue from Newco Rangers as it is a discussion primarily about the Celtic fans, hence why I started a clean thread :confused:

iwasthere1972
12-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Can someone tell me why this was moved into this thread? It is a completely separate issue from Newco Rangers as it is a discussion primarily about the Celtic fans, hence why I started a clean thread :confused:

Someone else posted a thread recently asking why everything was getting merged. I would post a link but I think it's been merged.

JohnStephens91
12-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Someone else posted a thread recently asking why everything was getting merged. I would post a link but I think it's been merged.

This has totally melted my brain, it is like Inception but instead of dreams it is merging. Some threads have become a merge, within a merge, within a merge... still no Leonardo di Caprio though :aok:

Part/Time Supporter
12-06-2012, 10:48 PM

Because it's the same issue, the Old Firm and their membership of the SPL.

Bishop Hibee
12-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Hibs aren't a newco. They have the same company name and number since the club first set up a corporate body in 1903 (maybe that wasn't a good idea....)

THE HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
EASTER ROAD STADIUM
12 ALBION PLACE
EDINBURGH
EH7 5QG
Company No. SC005323

Date of Incorporation: 11/04/1903

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/9b46860fc7517f3cf8c9c6c486d1864f/compdetails

The company you're thinking of was Edinburgh Hibernian Plc, which was the parent company of Hibernian FC Ltd in the late 1980s. Farmer separated the two companies and the parent was liquidated.

Nice one PTS. Nails that one for any lurking yam/hun.

Unlike the hun hordes, we were prepared to start again in 1990 without blaming anyone else if the worst had come to the worst.

iwasthere1972
12-06-2012, 10:51 PM

I read it as Celtic doing one and going south as they are too big for this wee country.

Littlest Hobo
12-06-2012, 10:58 PM
A period of austerity of about 30 years

JohnStephens91
12-06-2012, 10:58 PM

That was about the other half of the dirty duo though? It does probably deserve its own thread, but then again I guess I'm not in charge to decide. The issue with Celtic is they now view themselves as 'too big' for the Scottish game and it is different from the Rangers situation. There is a tiny link in terms of the death of Rangers making the fans voice it publicly.

monktonharp
12-06-2012, 11:28 PM
I voted no.

There is still no contrition from anyone at that vile club and indeed Greene was on SSN telling huns to write to their MPs to complain about HMRC's decision! "No one likes us, we don't care" they chant. Well as my old gran used to say, "Don't care was made to care".

I'm pretty certain Petrie will vote no. That would be enough to keep me going to ER regardless of whether the huns got back in or not but I'd never watch another game at any clubs' ground who voted yes if they get in. If Rodders is reading this (:wink:) I'm seriously thinking about getting a ST for the kids if Hibs do the right thing. Here's hoping the tax cheats get the boot. I do believe that Petrie will lead the no vote, probably alongside CFC, who may be working to a different agenda I might add, but after it is all done and dusted and somehow the huns squirm out of the mire they are in , then stay in the SPL, well that's me done. if it happens, PM me, Iwill have an unused ST , and i'll be happy to give it to you. I have already emailed our club, much earlier this evening and I'm sure that a few of the board members will have had a wee deek at the poll.

hibsforeurope
13-06-2012, 05:59 AM
No way should they be let in to the SPL, it has to be SFL3 at the very best for them. If they let rangers away with it a massive can of works will be opened and more clubs will follow to clear their debt. The sfa/spl need to show the rest that cheating is not tolerated. If they are let off and get back in I will never be back at a spl game, I know many in the same boat. Hopefully the spl board do the right thing at the vote.

hibbill2002
13-06-2012, 06:29 AM
NO

Hainan Hibs
13-06-2012, 06:38 AM
A big fat no from me and if they are let in I'm another who wouldn't be arsed anymore with the game in Scotland.

Kicking them out is not only the right thing to do but it gives the 10 clubs outwith the Old Firm the chance for real change if they have the cojones to pursue it.

I've got a bad feeling however that we'll be seeing the Newco in the SPL next season.

Ozyhibby
13-06-2012, 06:43 AM
If they are in the SPL next season then neither I nor my two sons will ever attend another game.
This is a one off chance for Scottish football to preserve it's integrity. I'll be devastated if they don't take it.

crewetollhibee
13-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Notice that 6 have voted Yes. Who ARE these people ?!? :wink:

H18sry
13-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Quite strange how none of the 5 who have voted yes have not gave any reason behind there choice. :confused:

GreenPJ
13-06-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't want to see the end of Rangers but the correct thing is they go to 3rd division. At the same time sort out tv and voting rights and start to build a better and fairer Scottish football for all. And finally purge the Scottish sports media of the old boys network who are so blinkered that they could not deliver objective journalism if there life depended on it.

Bill Milne
13-06-2012, 07:53 AM
I trust that, whatever the outcome of a vote on a "newco", the results will be published so we can all decide which clubs are entitled to receive our dosh at their grounds in future. I won't be going to any away games where the relevant club has voted for readmittance.

Thecat23
13-06-2012, 07:59 AM
I noticed one was "The Cat" that's not me by the way, just in case anyone thought that. I shat it thinking i hit the wrong button then realised it wasn't me :greengrin

BT58
13-06-2012, 08:08 AM
If it was us or say the dons,yams or the mothers
the whole of SFA,SPL,MEDIA would be calling us dirty CHEATING BASSAS, and would demand our expulsion!!!!!
So now that its der hun, we bend over and meekly accept them back in the spl......
The 3 rd division is too good for the cheating bassas
Remember when yon yam dived for a penalty against scotland a few years back,, the whole of scotland was against the cheating b.....we'll this is a thousand times worse !!!,we all pay our taxes,, der hun dont, thats how theyve accumulated all their trophies throughout the decades,,, 👎👎👎👎👎👎for me
Bt

gbur123ukgb
13-06-2012, 08:16 AM
I voted no as the spl need to take a stand
if they let the newco back in what stops say hibs/hearts or any other club doing the same it is cheating end of let them into 3rd division they have been cheating for years

Greenheart
13-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Along with everyone else but we can stomp our feet all we want and it won't make a jot of difference.

What's really bizarre to me, is that the administrators and the propsective newco owners, think they can retain the players registrations ... how the f is that possible?!?!?! The club will be no more ... whatever format rankgers take in the SPL next season, it will be a COMPLETELY different legal entity.

Its the same as any other takeover by a company and all the contracts can be moved under TUPE which protects existing employees. Thats not to say that the employees need to accept the move to the new company my understanding is they can accept the transfer of employment or reject it and look elsewhere for work.

Togs91
13-06-2012, 08:20 AM
I voted no as the spl need to take a stand
if they let the newco back in what stops say hibs/hearts or any other club doing the same it is cheating end of let them into 3rd division they have been cheating for years

This, if rangers are let back into the spl it has to be an advantage to the club as they will be no longer punished for cheating. Ill still go to hibs games granted hibs vote NO, and would only attend away games if the opposing team also vote NO.

jamesjamieson
13-06-2012, 08:21 AM
It would be the end of Scottish football for me if Rangers got voted back in to the SPL. Not only would Ibrox echo to the sound of tumbleweed, so would Easter Road and many other football grounds.

It would confirm most football supporters' belief that Scottish football at all levels has no interest in moving forwards - it's simply jobs for the boys and everyone looking out for themselves. I've no problem if Rangers arise from the ashes and start in the bottom division of the Scottish League, or English League for that matter, assuming they get voted in.

Saorsa
13-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Notice that 6 have voted Yes. Who ARE these people ?!? :wink:One of the 6 is a mistake :agree: so it's only really 5

Wee Ian
13-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Resounding No. Sporting integrity should prevail.

N.Wales Hibby
13-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Add me to that too.
And me.

franck sauzee
13-06-2012, 08:47 AM
If they're in the SPL next season then I won't be back to watch Scottish football again. No point in attending if sporting integrity is not upheld. Resounding NO for me!

13-06-2012, 08:51 AM
the whole of SFA,SPL,MEDIA would be calling us dirty CHEATING BASSAS, and would demand our expulsion!!!!!
So now that its der hun, we bend over and meekly accept them back in the spl......
Remember when yon yam dived for a penalty against scotland a few years back,, the whole of scotland was against the cheating b.....we'll this is a thousand times worse !!!,we all pay our taxes,, der hun dont, thats how theyve accumulated all their trophies throughout the decades,,, for me
Bt

Totally agree! And the arrogance of their fans thinking "aaw don't matter what we have done, we are big Glasgow Rangers you cant exclude us" They have cheated for years and years to win titles and domestic trophies whilst hibs have played by the rules, paid our taxes, lived within our means and therefore have achieved very little. Same goes for most other SPL clubs.

They are cheats. Pure and simple. they have cheated for years and now finally some justice is starting to prevail. They deserve everything they get. If they are kept in the SPL then its thank you and goodnight for Scottish football. In Serie A when Juventus were found out to be cheating, they got relegeted down the leagues, same should apply here. Its just weather the people in charge can actually have the balls to do it to them.

sadtom
13-06-2012, 08:54 AM
NO!
If Hibs are complicit in a the cheats retaining their status then i will be looking for a refund for me and my 2 lads season tickets.
If they are in the SPL then what i bought and what i have been sold will be 2 different things.

tartanhibee
13-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Its a no from me if they allow them back in then Scottish football will be more of a laughing stock than it already is and can open a free for all for clubs to do what they want. Cheating and not paying tax is wrong and should be punished.

Squealing pig
13-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Quite strange how none of the 5 who have voted yes have not gave any reason behind there choice. :confused:

yams who want uncle rangers for biggot fuelled games.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Ronald De Boer has just told us the SPL is finished if Rangers are relegated from the SPL. Deary me, what the **** does he know about the game in Scotland?

Gatecrasher
13-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Ronald De Boer has just told us the SPL is finished if Rangers are relegated from the SPL. Deary me, what the **** does he know about the game in Scotland?

Tom Hart RIP
13-06-2012, 09:11 AM
There seems to be a belief that Rod Petrie will be voting No, but apart from his sporting integrity comments, I have seen nothing else to confirm this. Have I missed something?

DarrenSQH
13-06-2012, 09:13 AM
If rangers are allowed to stay in then scottish football will be up there with WWE, as in the fact that all matches/championships have a pre detemined winner.

I wont spend a penny at another club if they are let back in.

JimBHibees
13-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Remember when yon yam dived for a penalty against scotland a few years back,, the whole of scotland was against the cheating b.....we'll this is a thousand times worse !!!,we all pay our taxes,, der hun dont, thats how theyve accumulated all their trophies throughout the decades,,, for me
Bt

This. If it was one of the non-OF teams then every man and their dog would be putting the boot in and rightly expecting appropriate punishment with apologists like Traynor and Keevins some of the most vocal. Elements of the media are petrified of Rangers with few exceptions such as Graham Spiers. How some of these apologists can look themselves in the mirror is beyond me. It is beyond corrupt how Rangers have acted and even worse has been the lack of rigour by the press in investigating what happened. Alex Thompson of C4 has been like a torchlight in a darkened forrest in this regard.

They must be punished and I am afraid that some minor changes to tv or voting rights dont go anywhere near far enough. Livingston were put down to Division 3 for much less and I think this is the appropriate punishment along with changes in the vote structure.

We hear constantly in the press that putting Rangers out the SPL would kill the Scottish game, more likely is that NOT putting them out would kill the Scottish game as many decent non-OF fans will be sickened to the back teeth and unlikely to return as it shows that the OF are treated differently and that their club wouldnt have been shown anywhere near the same latitude.

hibsmad
13-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I noticed one was "The Cat" that's not me by the way, just in case anyone thought that. I shat it thinking i hit the wrong button then realised it wasn't me :greengrin

Haha. I voted using my phone and was really nervous that my fat finger was going to hit the wrong button. I successfully voted no however before letting out a huge sigh of relief. :cb

Malthibby
13-06-2012, 09:33 AM

:agree: We need to find ways of increasing the pressure to ensure Rangers are booted so far away from the SPL that by the time they're back their fans will be bald & singing Hari Hari in honour of their orange roots.
GG

dangermouse
13-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm assuming you mean a Newco Rangers.

They should not be allowed back into the SPL or Scottish Football is just a sham. I have a season ticket and will go to the games but boycott Easter Road when Rangers come to visit. I would also boycott all away venues that vote a Newco Rangers back into the league.

Sylar
13-06-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm assuming you mean a Newco Rangers.

They should not be allowed back into the SPL or Scottish Football is just a sham. I have a season ticket and will go to the games but boycott Easter Road when Rangers come to visit. I would also boycott all away venues that vote a Newco Rangers back into the league.

Are we likely to find out who these clubs are? I dare say the SPL wouldn't publish the information, for fear of more than boycott reprisals or vice-versa should the vote go against Rangers.

Smiggy 7-0
13-06-2012, 10:09 AM
No

Should be relegated to Div 3 and banned from ALL comps for 3 years

JimBHibees
13-06-2012, 10:12 AM

Reminds me of a great ditty.

One's called Ronald,
one's called Frank,
one misses penalties,
the other ones a _ _ n k

No its not tank. :greengrin

SlickShoes
13-06-2012, 10:14 AM

I only get to about 6 or 7 games a season but that will be 0 games if the newco are in the SPL. If a team can cheat for years and get in to hundreds of millions of £s of debt then why should I waste my time supporting a team and watching other teams that operate in the black and play by the rules?

Big90inOz
13-06-2012, 10:16 AM
A definite no, for the vast majority of clubs this wouldn't even be up for discussion.
They have cheated and conned their way for years, time to take the punishment.

CMac1988
13-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hibs-fans-chief-throw-rangers-out-of-spl-1-2351762

littleplum
13-06-2012, 10:20 AM
The intimation of Traynor and others on twitter is that those opposed to the newco are driven by an irrational hatred and desire for revenge.

The only question that matters is whether a club, any club, should be allowed to buy players and win trophies and money from debts they do not pay back. Debts to other football clubs, the taxpayer, and small businesses and non-profit organisations in the community from which they then unilaterally walk away. No. You repay your debts, come to an agreement with your creditors, or you start again from scratch.

Failure to stick by this principle undermines the integrity of the game and encourages others to do likewise. Furthermore, because of the noises from the media, certain chairman, and Rangers supporters themselves who say that the newco is needed for the financial viability of the other clubs there will be an unshakeable perception that the case of Rangers has been treated differently to any other club in that position. This would make a mockery of the league and would have far more serious medium and long-term financial implications than the lack of a newco for 3 seasons will.

And that's before we get onto the big tax case, bigotry, dual contracts and taking SFA to court.

GraniteCityHibs
13-06-2012, 10:39 AM
The intimation of Traynor and others on twitter is that those opposed to the newco are driven by an irrational hatred and desire for revenge.

The only question that matters is whether a club, any club, should be allowed to buy players and win trophies and money from debts they do not pay back. Debts to other football clubs, the taxpayer, and small businesses and non-profit organisations in the community from which they then unilaterally walk away. No. You repay your debts, come to an agreement with your creditors, or you start again from scratch.

Failure to stick by this principle undermines the integrity of the game and encourages others to do likewise. Furthermore, because of the noises from the media, certain chairman, and Rangers supporters themselves who say that the newco is needed for the financial viability of the other clubs there will be an unshakeable perception that the case of Rangers has been treated differently to any other club in that position. This would make a mockery of the league and would have far more serious medium and long-term financial implications than the lack of a newco for 3 seasons will.

And that's before we get onto the big tax case, bigotry, dual contracts and taking SFA to court.

:top marksTHIS

ano hibby
13-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Presume fan forums at other clubs having similar polls..anyone frequent any of these..?
640 v 6 here so far!

Sylar
13-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Presume fan forums at other clubs having similar polls..anyone frequent any of these..?
640 v 6 here so far!

508 vs 4 across the road.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hibs-fans-chief-throw-rangers-out-of-spl-1-2351762

:faf::faf: He's changed his tune.

CMac1988
13-06-2012, 10:57 AM
:faf::faf: He's changed his tune.

Just a tad. No doubt he got it tight for the pish he was spouting recently.

CMac1988
13-06-2012, 11:00 AM
640 v 6 here so far!

508 vs 4 across the road.

Thought I'd have a wee look at others. Tried afc-chat first...

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/

Sylar
13-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Thought I'd have a wee look at others. Tried afc-chat first...

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/

Brilliant! Can't see the up to date result though.

LancashireHibby
13-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Fair to say it's pretty resounding, but then it was always likely to be. Just have to hope the SPL boardrooms are a similar story.

ano hibby
13-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Fair to say it's pretty resounding, but then it was always likely to be. Just have to hope the SPL boardrooms are a similar story.

Each boardroom will surely be aware of each fans forum:agree:

LancashireHibby
13-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Each boardroom will surely be aware of each fans forum:agree:
Trouble is, I'm sure the Killie's and Motherwell's of this world can probably make a good short-term financial case for voting to keep them. Let's just hope long-term thinking rules the day.

Killiehibbie
13-06-2012, 11:22 AM
There will be a space available in the league set up that a new team called Rangers, or something along those lines, can apply to join along with other interested clubs. IF they go straight back in to SPL that's me finished with the game.

ano hibby
13-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Trouble is, I'm sure the Killie's and Motherwell's of this world can probably make a good short-term financial case for voting to keep them. Let's just hope long-term thinking rules the day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18413384
According to the above 8 have to vote for a newco starting in the SPL meaning that 5 have to vote against..

InchHibby
13-06-2012, 11:31 AM
My answers an emphatic NO.
Its interesting to read what the Chairman of Rangers supporters Mr McMillan is saying now
that the CVA was knocked back.
A couple of months ago they were going to boycott everything that moves if anybody had
the audacity to vote against them in the crucial vote of will we or will we not allow them back in.
All of sudden now that their last lingering hope has gone their practically pleading with us to
re-elect them, but still emphasising that we will all go to the wall if we vote against them.
They have still got that arrogance and cheek about them, that tells me, no mattter what they
have done or what they do in the future, we need them that much that we must just accept
it and basically get on with it.
I think the part they have difficulty in realising is just how long they have been,for want of a
bettter word,shafting the other ten clubs within the league, particulary with the voting system
and of course the stealing of our better players in order to ensure and guarantee one of the
top two spots.
I cant speak for any other club with regards to how they will vote, in fact I cant even speak
for my own club but what I can say is that if my own club does not vote for integrity within
the game by casting them out, then I for one, a season ticket holder for 30 years will be voting
with my feet.
I know this will spite me but I could not return to watch a team that has gone about its
business the way that they have.

Milandinho
13-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Absolutely not!

Cheats should get what they deserve. SFL3 as a minimum!!

Chuck Rhoades
13-06-2012, 11:41 AM
The pressure must be kept on RP letting him know our feelings with regards to the Newco.

Section 43 contacted the board direct this morning to make our feelings clear. I would encourage others to do the same.

H18sry
13-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Are we likely to find out who these clubs are? I dare say the SPL wouldn't publish the information, for fear of more than boycott reprisals or vice-versa should the vote go against Rangers.

They will have to let us know otherwise they can fudge the votes to suit there own agenda :agree:

silverhibee
13-06-2012, 01:05 PM
The pressure must be kept on RP letting him know our feelings with regards to the Newco.

Section 43 contacted the board direct this morning to make our feelings clear. I would encourage others to do the same.

A protest at EM on the first day back at pre-season to let the club know our feelings about bleeping cheats in the game being allowed to stay in the SPL.

It would get some publicity as well with press and TV being there for the teams first day back.

I am sure sec43 could get something arranged. :agree:

1959 Hibby
13-06-2012, 01:08 PM
No no and no. What kind of an organisation allows cheating to go unpunished? Answer, the kind I want no part in. 53 years of supporting Hibs will be lost and I shall never go near another SPL game again. Too many years of treating the fans like dirt. I've lived with stupid kick off times and split leagues but won't be taken for a mug by paying to watch a corrupt league.

This says it all for me. Rangers and their "loyal" fans would ditch Scottish football in the blink of an eye if they had a better offer. (The reason they don't have a better offer is because England for one doesn't like what it sees when it looks over the fence into the stinking sectarian morass that the OF continues to feed). This is a once in a lifetime chance to stand up and say no to all that is wrong with the Scottish game. And if it comes down to a choice between no football or football on the current model (i.e. everyone bar the OF only there as a backdrop to lend legitimacy to the triumphalism of the ghetto) then, for me, no football is the choice...and i'll walk away with my memories from 40 years of supporting the Hibees intact

Kaiser_Sauzee
13-06-2012, 01:31 PM
If a brand new club were allowed to re-enter the SPL, this would be the death of Scottish football.

If the SPL make the bravest of decisions, this would give our game some credibility back.

Sylar
13-06-2012, 01:59 PM
They will have to let us know otherwise they can fudge the votes to suit there own agenda :agree:

Surely all they have to announce is the number of votes per sway?

If the SPL come out and lie about the outcome you would expect the chairmen of the SPL clubs to come out and challenge it, as they will all know the outcome.

Aren't these big votes not normally left undisclosed?

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 02:19 PM

Provided that the huns get voted out it would be great if it was live on TV and took the same kind of format as the World Cup draw. Each of the 12 clubs would have a ball in their club colours with the word "Yes" or "No" stamped on it depending on how they voted. When a "No" ball comes out the cameras would go live to Ibrox Stadium to watch the greeting huns who are watching the proceedings on a big screen. In the event that a "Yes" ball appears the adverts will kick in reminding us to get our tax returns in by the 30th June or else.

MB62
13-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Absolutely NO F in danger.

calum.mcd
13-06-2012, 02:32 PM
A definite no to a new team being allowed entry to the SPL for me.

As of Friday, Rangers won't exist any more so there will be a vacancy in the top league. Teams that finished second in divisions 1, 2 and 3 should be promoted, or relegated teams given a reprieve. This would leave a space in Div 3 to be applied for by whoever and be decided by the SFL, not the SPL. If Rangers are allowed to re-apply for membership of SPL and are accepted then football in Scotland is proven, in my eyes, to be corrupt - and structured solely to preserve and maintain two clubs. There shouldn't even be an opportunity to apply, there's been a structure in place from the beginning which determines the league standings. Were it any team other than Celtic or Rangers this wouldn't be open for discussion.

The credibility of Scottish Football is on the line here, the SPL chairmen have to bite the bullet and make a decision for the long term good of Scottish football, finances should not even come in to the equation, although it shouldn't be left to the chairmen to make the decision. Allowing a completely new club entry to the SPL will undermine all the principles of the game’s history. It will destroy the credibility of Scottish Football - permanently.

Scouse Hibee
13-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Do I think they should be allowed in? Absolutely not!

Do I think they will be allowed in? Yes

Give up my ST or stop watchin SPL football? Never!

ahibby
13-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I will be demanding a refund for mines and my daughters season ticket if they are allowed back into the league. I will never attend a scottish football match ever again either.

I won't ask for a refund but I will never attend a match involving Rangers

ac1
13-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I would be finished with Scottish football if they waltz back in - just had a look on 'Rangers Media and one poster has commented on coming back up from Division 3 with 'preferably a protestant team'! :rolleyes:

They wonder why everyone hates them? They should be liquidated for good as they belong in a different era to this one.

Littlest Hobo
13-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Does it mean that Rangers or Celtic will never or can never be relegated ??

If so, is that fair?

What would be the point?

This needs nipped in the bud now!!

No excuses, we have an opportunity to get all our clubs to live within their means.

We need to change things now while we have the opportunity.

kaimendhibs
13-06-2012, 03:18 PM
NO!! Its bad enough they have cheated for years but the way they are blaming everyone else is despicable.

HibbyDave
13-06-2012, 03:19 PM
When the SPL clubs finally get around to voting whether or not Newco can waltz back in to the SPL, who believes that the results i.e. voting by each club will be made public?

Thought so......... That's everything that is wrong with football here. We MUST be told what way our clubs have voted for the sake of clarity.

Alternative outcome?

SPL disbanded, merged with SFL, SFA and a new league set up (Scottish League?) arises phoenix like from the ashes with a promise that we will get it right in the future, and yes THEY will be allowed to play in the top league from day one.
Suspect there will be a league reconstruction/expansion to appease the top two or three from current DIV 1.

Too far fetched? Let's wait and see. I can't see many other outcomes that would allow them to survive (and retain their place with their nose firmly in the trough).

Sylar
13-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Provided that the huns get voted out it would be great if it was live on TV and took the same kind of format as the World Cup draw. Each of the 12 clubs would have a ball in their club colours with the word "Yes" or "No" stamped on it depending on how they voted. When a "No" ball comes out the cameras would go live to Ibrox Stadium to watch the greeting huns who are watching the proceedings on a big screen. In the event that a "Yes" ball appears the adverts will kick in reminding us to get our tax returns in by the 30th June or else.

:rotflmao: - I say you should pitch that idea to BBC. They have to show impartiality and their Sportsound crew have been bleating on about saving them for weeks - this would provide alternative perspective :greengrin

Hibs07p
13-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I would go a step further and suspend them for a minimum of 3, 4, 5, years for any newco, to close a loophole, that might exist, if they are be able to negotiate an entry into the SFL at division 1. They would stoop to any level to try and secure an early return to the SPL, by trying to "buy" a place in the first division. A fixed term suspension would prevent that.

R'Albin
13-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Been trying to figure this out, so far the only three that are likely to vote no are..

Hibs - "Sporting integrity over financial gain"

Dundee Utd - chairman has come out and said that the loss of fans will be more than the loss of income from The Huns. Additionally an extra Derby for them.

Aberdeen - according to a family member who knows a director(or something along those lines) who said that Stewarty Milne said in a meeting he was voting no. Which would surely make sense as their fans hate Rangers and are already pissed off with the club, there will no doubt be a massive boycott.

No certs but any other seeming to be leaning towards the 'no' side?

Casey1875
13-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I would say hearts as I doubt vlad would miss an opportunity to put the boot into the mafia.

Possibly st mirren as I'm sure I read they would.

You would assume Celtic but stranger things have happened, I just don't think that there fans would forgive them.

Chuck Rhoades
13-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Yes - Ross County, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Inverness, St Johnstone

No - Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Motherwell

Making it even - unsure about Hearts as whatever happens to Rangers could very well happen to them in the near future.

R'Albin
13-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Celtic need Rangers though and they know it. I honestly think they will vote them in in the the hope that it doesn't get found out.

LancsHibs
13-06-2012, 04:40 PM
I believe there needs to 4 or more no votes to pot the Huns! Can anybody confirm this?