PDA

View Full Version : Urgent The newco SPL vote (merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Nakedmanoncrack
21-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Statement is rambling & incoherent at times as you would expect but the important thing is that they have come to he right decision.

I look forward to Hibs issuing a similarly robust statement (minus the incoherent rambling).

Benny Brazil
21-06-2012, 01:54 PM
"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself - and all for the benefit of a media aborigine."

He should have stopped before this line.

son of haggart
21-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Statement is rambling & incoherent at times as you would expect but the important thing is that they have come to he right decision.

I look forward to Hibs issuing a boring statement (minus the incoherent rambling).

Fixed that for you...

Gus Fring
21-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Can't fault that decision for a change. It's the right one (whatever his mental reasoning is)

fat freddy
21-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Vlad The Impaler strikes again....i always knew he was one of the good guys..

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Vlad man of integrity?
Capable of saying anything and doing the opposite esp in a secret ballot (did we get the answer on the voting approach?)

EskbankHibby
"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself - and all for the benefit of a media aborigine."

Got to admire the no vote but did anyone else's irony-ometer go of the scale after reading the above?

son of haggart

He should have stopped before this line.

I agree - it was going quite well but that bit is superfluous and repetitive.

I've been saying for years though, that Romanov's orthodox religious viewpoint is behind most of his statements, and his statement s have to be read in that context.

Sodje_18
So thus far in the no camp we have:

Celtic
Hearts
Aberdeen
Hibs

Only one more needed and with Motherwell saying they will let the fans decide and Dundee Utds strongly hinting they will vote against it looks like bye bye huns.

Happy days.
Also looking like St Mirren will be voting against a newco coming in

Andy74
21-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I agree - it was going quite well but that bit is superfluous and repetitive.

I've been saying for years though, that Romanov's orthodox religious viewpoint is behind most of his statements, and his statement s have to be read in that context.

Sorry, do Orthodox Religious people have an inability to see that their own situation is comparable to the one they are complaining about?

lucky
21-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Good statement from the mad one. Great digs at Murdoch and facts about tv subscribers and attendances at games.

Hainan Hibs
21-06-2012, 02:05 PM
After finding myself agreeing too much with what he had to say especially about Sky and English football I'm away for a cold shower.

green&left
21-06-2012, 02:07 PM
So thus far in the no camp we have:

Celtic
Hearts
Aberdeen
Hibs

Only one more needed and with Motherwell saying they will let the fans decide and Dundee Utds strongly hinting they will vote against it looks like bye bye huns.

Happy days.

According to Jim Spence Dundee Utd have only sold 1700 season tickets compared to 4500 this time last year. So assuming Dundee Utd can be added to that list.

F*** the newco/huns.

son of haggart
21-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Sorry, do Orthodox Religious people have an inability to see that their own situation is comparable to the one they are complaining about?

In my experience they ahve the same difficulties as us regular joes..

hibsbollah
21-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Three cheers for our wonderful neighbours! Hibs.net In Yam Love-In Shocker.

lyonhibs
21-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Got to admire the no vote but did anyone else's irony-ometer go of the scale after reading the above?

This. Great statement, and despite clearly being nuts, his hit the nail on the head re: Rangers at least.

The megolomaniac-esque lack of self-awareness is also breathtaking to behold.

stoneyburn hibs
21-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Canny believe i am saying it : Well done Vlad :thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2012, 02:19 PM
This. Great statement, and despite clearly being nuts, his hit the nail on the head re: Rangers at least.

The megolomaniac-esque lack of self-awareness is also breathtaking to behold.

He should be careful what he wishes for. Did he not say that if you dig someone else's grave, you might end up in it yourself.

IWasThere2016
21-06-2012, 02:24 PM
In my experience they ahve the same difficulties as us regular joes..

Speak for yersel' .. #74 is not regular :wink: :greengrin

Back on topic - well done Vlad :thumbsup:

Robinho08
21-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Hate to admit it, but Mad Vlad talks a lot of sense there.

Mikeystewart
21-06-2012, 02:34 PM

This

People in glass houses and all that...

Holmesdale Hibs
21-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Hypocricy aside, that's a brilliant statement.

I only hope he doesn't put others of voting no through association.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Canny believe i am saying it : Well done Vlad :thumbsup:

Exactly :thumbsup:

At The Edge
21-06-2012, 02:53 PM
He is completely crackerpots!
Far play to him though, hes came right out and nailed his no vote for all to see........................unless its a conspiracy:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
21-06-2012, 02:55 PM
I almost feel like a mini Hun :greengrin

Pretty Boy
21-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I almost feel like a mini Hun :greengrin

Ltyf

Hibernia&Alba
21-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Ltyf

You will need to explain the acronym, mate.

something something you f :greengrin

Pretty Boy
21-06-2012, 03:09 PM
You will need to explain the acronym, mate.

something something you ******er :greengrin

Launch the yam Fud.

Hibs.net speak for ban the Hearts fan.

Said in jest obviously!

Hibbyradge
21-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Brilliant, my erchie.

Bunch of bleeding hypocrites on here.

Vlad can gtf. He's an utter fruit cake.

Nice bit of racism to finish too.

Bishop Hibee
21-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Good old Vlad. Always good for a laugh. Shame about the insult to Australian aboriginals calling Murdoch one of them.

I don't think Petrie and co will issue a definitive statement outlining Hibs' position until much nearer July 4.

JeMeSouviens
21-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Interesting that Vlad is resurrecting the idea of SPL TV in there as well.

Hibernia&Alba
21-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Launch the yam Fud.

Hibs.net speak for ban the Hearts fan.

Said in jest obviously!

I see. I did say 'almost' feel like a mini Hun. I could never be fully comfortable in such a disgraceful persona. They are to be mis-trusted on the same basis as their big cousins, despite their token independence :greengrin

Hibbyradge
21-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm flippin seething at this thread.

Well done Vlad???? Thumbs up????

"We can also mention the attempts to eliminate Hearts with the help of the tax petitions, through false accusations and threats to revoke the club license."

Oh aye, ya lunuatic, that'll be the taxes which you happily deducted from your staff's wages, yet failed to pay to HMRC.

Oh aye, the same staff who went to the PFA because you stopped paying them.

That's why your license was under threat. Not because of some underhand establishment conspiracy to eliminate your pathetic little club.

Well done Vlad, ma chuff.

PeeJay
21-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I thought this must be a cheeky wee wind-up, but no the nonsense is actually posted up there on the HMFC site.

There is truly no hope for Scottish football when people like the seriously deluded Romanov run one of its "top clubs" and seemingly some fans of other clubs agree with the verbal diarrhoea he issues as an official club statement.

Is there no end to the embarrassment that Scottish football fans have to put up with at the moment?:confused:

21-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Never thought I would ever be saying this but Vlad for once is actually making sense :greengrin!

Bye bye huns :bye::lolrangers:

Holmesdale Hibs
21-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Brilliant, my erchie
Bunch of bleeding hypocrites on here.

Vlad can gtf. He's an utter fruit cake.

Nice bit of racism to finish too.

When I said it was a brilliant statement I meant it was 1) good because he's going to vote no and 2) it was funny.

It goes without saying the Vlad is a nutter and I certainly did not mean it was brilliant in the sense that I want something similar from Hibs.

In this particular statement, there are a few truths in amongst the madness and I'm glad he made it because it increases the chances of a vote in favour of telling the Huns to GTF.

marinello59
21-06-2012, 04:03 PM
A pretty disgusting statement from somebody trying to justify the wrong doing at his own club. Stuff giving him any praise for releasing that guff.

21-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Good to see that the board are taking time to listen to the supporters and give personal replies. Sounds fairly safe to say that they will be telling the huns to bold with a big fat NO vote :thumbsup: Lets just hope the other 10 SPL boards have the same morals and do the same.

Spike Mandela
21-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Mad Vlad is so hypocritical he is likely to continue issuing these type of rantings and still vote Yes to newco.:rolleyes:

CB_NO3
21-06-2012, 04:21 PM

"We can also mention the attempts to eliminate Hearts with the help of the tax petitions, through false accusations and threats to revoke the club license."

Oh aye, ya lunuatic, that'll be the taxes which you happily deducted from your staff's wages, yet failed to pay to HMRC.

That's why your license was under threat. Not because of some underhand establishment conspiracy to eliminate your pathetic little club.

Am going to sound like a yam here, so tin hat on. Anyway Hearts do pay their wages and do pay their tax bills. They leave it to the last minute or even delay it a few weeks, but they DO pay it. I think your getting worked up here over nothing. I think the "well done Vlad" and "Nice one Vlad" comments are a bit tounge and cheek to be fair. Anyway the points that Vlad makes in his latest statement is spot on IMO. He is still a yam **** though. :agree:

21-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Am going to sound like a yam here, so tin hat on. Anyway Hearts do pay their wages and do pay their tax bills. They leave it to the last minute or even delay it a few weeks but they DO pay it. I think your getting worked up here over nothing. I think the "well done Vlad" and "Nice one Vlad" comments are a bit tounge and cheek to be fair. Anyway the points that Vlad makes in his latest statements are spot on IMO. He is still a yam **** though. :agree:

:agree:

Vlad is a complete clown, but if he is going to add one more NO vote to the huns then good stuff.

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Am going to sound like a yam here, so tin hat on. Anyway Hearts do pay their wages and do pay their tax bills. They leave it to the last minute or even delay it a few weeks, but they DO pay it. I think your getting worked up here over nothing. I think the "well done Vlad" and "Nice one Vlad" comments are a bit tounge and cheek to be fair. Anyway the points that Vlad makes in his latest statements are spot on IMO. He is still a yam **** though. :agree:

They pay their taxes extremely late. So late that HMRC have taken them to Court on at least three occasions. That Court action costs money. Our money.

They deduct the taxes from their staff. And keep them, until the last minute. That's immoral. The lateness of their payments costs the Treasury interest. Again, that's our money.

He has no moral authority in this.

Hibbyradge
21-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Am going to sound like a yam here so tin hat on. Anyway Hearts do pay their wages and do pay their tax bills. They leave it to the last minute or even delay it a few weeks but they DO pay it.

You're right, you do sound like a yam.

The first point is, that Vlad is accusing HMRC of conspiring to eliminate Hearts when all they were doing was forcing him to pay what he deliberately withheld.

Are you suggesting they shouldn't have forced him to pay because he would have eventually?

The second point is that the threats to withdraw their license happened because he hadn't paid his staff, yet again, and they took action against him. Again, no conspiracy.

Are you suggesting they should have just waited for their earnings, because Vlad would pay up eventually?

Thecat23
21-06-2012, 04:28 PM
They can't. Effectively Rangers will be getting a hearing, the club can't be seen to pre-judge anything. What the club have said should surely leave nobody in any doubt as to what their intentions are though. Really, do we really need to be spoon fed everything like children?

Course they can, in fact Vlad just did. The mans a lunatic at times but I agree with most of his statement. Now we need the rest of the SPL Chairmens to do the same. Also it's not pre judging, they have been found guilty of breaking the rules so they can tell Rangers exactly how we will vote.

marinello59
21-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Course they can, in fact Vlad just did. The mans a punitive at times but I agree with most of his statement. Now we need the rest of the SPL Chairmens to do the same. Also it's not pre judging, they have been found guilty of breaking the rules so they can tell Rangers exactly how we will vote.

Really? He is making some pretty outlandish claims in defence of his own clubs behaviour there. That takes up most of it.

Dashing Bob S
21-06-2012, 04:32 PM
In spite of everything, there was always something that endeared me to that man.

This.

Godlike qualities - the boot came in just at the perfect time.

cabbageandribs1875
21-06-2012, 04:35 PM
**** romanov(and his dodgy eyes) :giruy:

Dashing Bob S
21-06-2012, 04:38 PM
I like the Vlad approach. A few more chairmen giving it the 'GIRFUY' statement will have the Hun grovelling and the sycophants wavering. I think the time for pussying around with them has long passed. Ram it up them and let them know what is acceptable (fair play) and what isn't (them and their slavering doormats).

If Scottish football doesn't show any baws against this self-serving fascist junta now, then it never will.

Boot the **** out of them while they are down.

Jim44
21-06-2012, 04:40 PM
They pay their taxes extremely late. So late that HMRC have taken them to Court on at least three occasions. That Court action costs money. Our money.

They deduct the taxes from their staff. And keep them, until the last minute. That's immoral. The lateness of their payments costs the Treasury interest. Again, that's our money.

He has no moral authority in this.

Maybe you're correct, but, for me, his bum's on the right seat when it comes to the Hun vote. Or maybe all you guys who point out Vlad's misgivings think he shouldn't get a vote or worse still, should vote for his amoral cousins.

21-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I like the Vlad approach. A few more chairmen giving it the 'GIRFUY' statement will have the Hun grovelling and the sycophants wavering. I think the time for pussying around with them has long passed. Ram it up them and let them know what is acceptable (fair play) and what isn't (them and their slavering doormats).

If Scottish football doesn't show any baws against this self-serving fascist junta now, then it never will.

Boot the **** out of them while they are down.

:top marks

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Maybe you're correct, but, for me, his bum's on the right seat when it comes to the Hun vote. Or maybe all you guys who point out Vlad's misgivings think he shouldn't get a vote or worse still, should vote for his amoral cousins.

I agree with that bit, but the hypocrisy stinks... as does his racism.

It's the old cliche, though.. your enemy's enemy is your friend. I wonder what his tune will be the next time HMRC try to shut him down.

CB_NO3
21-06-2012, 04:43 PM
You're right, you do sound like a yam.

The first point is, that Vlad is accusing HMRC of conspiring to eliminate Hearts when all they were doing was forcing him to pay what he deliberately withheld.

Are you suggesting they shouldn't have forced him to pay because he would have eventually?

The second point is that the threats to withdraw their license happened because he hadn't paid his staff, yet again, and they took action against him. Again, no conspiracy.

Are you suggesting they should have just waited for their earnings, because Vlad would pay up eventually?

Am not really fussed if Vlad pays HMRC 1 day late or 1 year late, same with his players for that matter. That problem is between Hearts and HMRC or Vlad and his players. He obviously waits to the very last possible minute to pay it, but he does pay it, is the point am making. If he wants to run his club like a circus thats his issue. I still think Vlad is a tit, he still employs a convicted paedo for god sake but I still agree with his statement regarding the Huns and Murdoch.

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Am not really fussed if Vlad pays HMRC 1 day late or 1 year late, same with his players for that matter. That problem is between Hearts and HMRC or Vlad and his players. He obviously waits to the very last possible minute to pay it, but he does pay it, is the point am making. If he wants to run his club like a circus thats his issue. I still think Vlad is a tit, he still employs a convicted paedo for god sake.

You should be. It's you that's losing out because of it.

Kato
21-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Pretty crazy to think 'Mad Vlad' has been right all along about the establishment!?

I think anyone who thought he was ever crazy on the subject is crazy. He was bang on every time.

rcarter1
21-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Just reading the news, and for once (and hopefully the last)

GAUN yerself Vladson! :thumbsup:

Irrespective of the fact he makes up his rhetoric to suit his needs at the time, I am nonetheless relived that the Vlad will vote no..
Means we can attend each others Derbies which would have otherwise been somewhat of a bore to enforce...

Im going to lie down now, because right now Vlad is my hero! :rolleyes:

CB_NO3
21-06-2012, 04:54 PM
You should be. It's you that's losing out because of it.
I agree with what your saying, but the later Hearts leave their payments and so on the more money they have to pay in fines, charges and court charges etc. Its a lose/lose situation for the Yams.

s club 7-0
21-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Definite NO.

It's a no brainer.

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I agree with what your saying, but the later Hearts leave their payments and so on the more money they have to pay in fines, charges and court charges etc. Its a lose/lose situation for the Yams.

You're not getting this. A company is a couple of days late. An HMRC worker calls them up. That costs money.

A month late. A letter. More time.

Then another letter. More time.

Then it's passed to another department. More letters and phone calls.

Then on to the Court. That costs a fortune. HMFC don't pay that.

When they eventually pay, it will be at least 3 months late. 3 months interest lost on that money.

The penalties they might pay don't even begin to make up for all of that.

All in all, a pretty serious loss for all of us.

stoneyburn hibs
21-06-2012, 05:07 PM

Seethe away all you want. Never mind what they get up to in gorgie for now as their day will come.

Thumbs up and well done Vlad for the no vote to the Huns , thats the issue right now.

CB_NO3
21-06-2012, 05:11 PM
You're not getting this. A company is a couple of days late. An HMRC worker calls them up. That costs money.

A month late. A letter. More time.

Then another letter. More time.

Then it's passed to another department. More letters and phone calls.

Then on to the Court. That costs a fortune. HMFC don't pay that.

When they eventually pay, it will be at least 3 months late. 3 months interest lost on that money.

The penalties they might pay don't even begin to make up for all of that.

All in all, a pretty serious loss for all of us.
I know how the world works and what your saying is spot on. So why does Vlad pay his tax late? He is not gaining out of it. Infact no one is gaining from it. My point is the later he pays it, the worse it is for him. The later he pays it the more charges he gets.

hibbysam
21-06-2012, 05:15 PM
This may have been discussed already but..

I keep hearing of this 8-4 majority needed for Rangers to enter the league.

So if it is only 7-5 or 6-6 are they stopped from entering, or do we need 8 to go against them for it not to happen?

CropleyWasGod
21-06-2012, 05:15 PM
I know how the world works and what your saying is spot on. So why does Vlad pay his tax late? He is not gaining out of it. Infact no one is gaining from it. My point is the later he pays it, the worse it is for him. The later he pays it the more charges he gets.

You said you didn't care how late he was. I was making the point that you should care, as it's costing you money.

alexedwards
21-06-2012, 05:17 PM
This may have been discussed already but..

I keep hearing of this 8-4 majority needed for Rangers to enter the league.

So if it is only 7-5 or 6-6 are they stopped from entering, or do we need 8 to go against them for it not to happen?

5 to vote against and out.

CB_NO3
21-06-2012, 05:28 PM
You said you didn't care how late he was. I was making the point that you should care, as it's costing you money.
I dont care how late he pays it, it might cost me a couple of pence more a year in tax but I wont loose sleep over it. Now what he is doing is morally wrong but its not illegal. If he wants to pay HMRC as late as possible and rake up thousands and pounds worth of charges and court cases in the name of Heart of Midlothian then thats good for me. The more debt they rake up the better. One day they will be in trouble. It might be next week, it might be in 10 year but their time will come.

NAE NOOKIE
21-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Is there not talk now of newco getting back in and then demoted to Division 1...

not sure where that is coming from but it's the latest thing I've read this morning

I read this too ... Daily mail I think ... Tory rag.

Anyway .. the idea being that they get voted back in and then relegated to Div 1 as punishment for their wrongdoings.

If that was to happen I would guess that the clubs would agree to all vote them in ... that would mean that no club, or clubs, would be left standing open to sanctions from other clubs fans if the vote were split.

I would be OK with this if it meant that there was an expansion of the SPL to allow the top 2 in Division 1 to be promoted and Dunfermline to stay up and that every change to the voting structure and distribution of TV money demanded by the 10 is made a reality. Also that all titles, cups etc won by the now defunct Rangers were non transferable to the newco.

It wouldnt hurt if at the same time newco Rangers were hit with a 20 point penalty as a welcoming gift on their entry to the 1st division. That with any luck would keep the newco in Division 1 for 2 seasons, but with a slim chance of promotion.

I suppose though that the powers that be will be looking for relegation to Division 1 with no league expansion and no points deduction, but with no compromise on voting or TV money.

Dont get me wrong ... I would be more than happy for the newco to start again in division 3 which is what they deserve. But I for one would be satisfied with the above alternative and feel that it would preserve the SPLs integrity.

I am well aware that for a lot of people its Division 3 or nothing and that any alternative will be looked upon as letting them off. But for me the whole point of this is to see Rangers punished. As I said before ( and got slaughtered for ) I am getting a wee bit uncomfortable with the lack of willingness to at least consider some sort of compromise in certain quarters.

When it looked like there was a chance that Rangers might get out of this mess scot free a lot of people were up in arms ( including me ) saying that they should not expect to escape punishment "just because they are Rangers" and that it was a certainty that a smaller club could not expect to escape punishment ............. That point of view was ( and is ) totally correct.

But there are two sides to this scenario .... That being, would we be so determined to see Rangers relegated to division 3 without at least considering some sort of alternative if they were Motherwell or Inverness Caledonian Thistle?

In the words of Mark Twain: "Whenever you find youself on the side of the majority, its time to pause and reflect"

:tin hat:

Hibbyradge
21-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Seethe away all you want. Never mind what they get up to in gorgie for now as their day will come.

Thumbs up and well done Vlad for the no vote to the Huns , thats the issue right now.

Why are folk giving him any praise?

If Hearts vote for The Rangers to start in Division 3, then I will welcome that decision.

But he hasn't said that.

He slavers his usual popularist pish, which he knows will be lapped up by the fuds across the road, and now seemingly, over here too.

He rants, "The football mafia represented by former owners of Rangers FC and Rupert Murdoch's media are to blame for some of the worst problems to hit Scottish football and must not be allowed back in under any circumstances."?

Which of Rangers' previous owners are wanting back in? Not Whyte. Not Murray. They're not getting back in, they don't want back in, under any circumstances.

Also, back in where? The SPL? Might an SPL2 be ok?

As far as I see it, Hearts can vote Newco straight back into the SPL, and Vlad's words will stand true. Or even SPL2.

People should wait till votes have been cast before they start drooling over the rantings of a madman who is culpable for turning Scottish football into a laughing stock.

He's made an erse of Hearts supporters for years. Be careful he's not making a bigger erse of you.

Thecat23
21-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Really? He is making some pretty outlandish claims in defence of his own clubs behaviour there. That takes up most of it.

I skimmed over as I was at work. But his main point was about not letting them in. I can't stand Hearts but before everyone jumps on him. He's not dodged tax. He's paid players late and run up debt. Punishments next season will sort him. But again Rangers for me have done far worse and hopefully get punted.

CB_NO3
21-06-2012, 05:46 PM

If Hearts vote for The Rangers to start in Division 3, then I will welcome that decision.

But he hasn't said that.

He slavers his usual popularist pish, which he knows will be lapped up by the fuds across the road, and now seemingly, over here too.

He rants, "The football mafia represented by former owners of Rangers FC and Rupert Murdoch's media are to blame for some of the worst problems to hit Scottish football and must not be allowed back in under any circumstances."?

Which of Rangers' previous owners are wanting back in? Not Whyte. Not Murray. They're not getting back in, they don't want back in, under any circumstances.

As far as I see it, Hearts can vote Newco straight back into the SPL, and Vlad's words will stand true. Or even SPL2.

People should wait till votes have been cast before they start drooling over the rantings of a madman who is culpable for turning Scottish football into a laughing stock.

He's made an erse of Hearts supporters for years. Be careful he's not making a bigger erse of you.
He might yet make an erse of Hearts supporters but in the mean time they see him as a hero. The 2 Scottish Cup wins and the first team in 15 year to split the old firm may suggest otherwise. God, your making me sound like a yam even more.

stoneyburn hibs
21-06-2012, 05:47 PM

But he hasn't said that.

Can he vote the Rangers into Div 3 ? The vote is whether to admit them into the SPL is it not ? If any other chairmen go public with a no vote then i will be equally as happy , leaving out his ranting he has said its a no vote and i have taken that at face value .
I guess time will tell if i have been made an erse of.

thebakerboy
21-06-2012, 05:54 PM
If you take away the extravagant language and the waffle and look at what he says it could almost be Rod speaking. Doesn't look as though they are going to back Newco after all. Also idea about TV is something Rod has mooted before. Interesting but still slightly over the top.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heartsfc.co.uk%2Farticles %2F20120621%2Fvr-statement_2241384_2818454&h=4AQGfoAn5

Captain Trips
21-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Are there 2 scenarios or is there an inbetween with my next 2 points.

Scenario 1. Rangers as they are struggle through and remain on paper and in reality the same club as was formed in 1873/72, they are in SPL but due to all the carry on will lose that status and possibly go into Div 1 as part punishment along with all other stuff.

Scenario 2. Rangers are gone and it is a new Rangers 2012 both on paper and reality, all the above stuff gets dealt with away from this Newco and they are free to apply to play in Division 3 with no real strings.

My confusion being a Newco cannot come in and get relegated to Div1 as the Newco has not done anything, the only way that can occur if old Rangers goes on is it not?

A Newco cannot be allowed straight into SPL as I have said before there are leagues for a reason and the objective of that is to win matches and earn your space. I have said if a Newco is formed there shouldnt even be a vote it is the Newco's problem and we promote a team to fill old Rangers place. I feel all our clubs are getting put into a situation they really should not be in a Newco must start at bottom pure and simple.

Hibbyradge
21-06-2012, 06:17 PM
You are seeing in his statement, what you want to see in it.

He does not say he will oppose Newco's admission to the SPL.

He says he doesn't want to let Rangers former owners back in.

He's a master at letting the fans believe what hey want to believe, then, when his "promises" fail to materialise, revisionism is easy.

A few examples; We will be Champions of Europe - he was being tongue in cheek, we're now told

Won't sell players to the Old Firm - a negotiating position.

World Cup Stars - it wasn't a promise, more an aspiration.

£51m Stand - it was the council's fault.

No Newco in SPL - Oh, he never actually said that...

Eyrie
21-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Great to hear that Agent Romanov is voting against Sevco 5088, but pity about the racism at the end.

Ironic that the Huns are the ones looking for eight votes when it could be the other way - us, Sellick, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Motherwell and St Mirren would be one short.

As regards the fudge, I could live with them be relegated but only if they are ineligible for promotion for at least one and preferably two seasons.

marinello59
21-06-2012, 10:46 PM
They can't. Effectively Rangers will be getting a hearing, the club can't be seen to pre-judge anything. What the club have said should surely leave nobody in any doubt as to what their intentions are though. Really, do we really need to be spoon fed everything like children?

You really do spout complete and utter pish sometimes. Hearts and Dundee United have both revealed their intentions now. :bitchy:

Hibbyradge
22-06-2012, 08:59 AM
You really do spout complete and utter pish sometimes. Hearts and Dundee United have both revealed their intentions now. :bitchy:

I'm impressed with your self awareness! :wink:

VPHIBEE
24-06-2012, 01:41 PM
There have been some fantastic efforts, not only by Hibees, but by fans of every other club in the country to make it known our views on the Rangers Newco situation. Let's make sure the SFA know our views. I don't think Rangers (or whatever they will be called going forward) should be allowed to re-enter Scottish Football in any other way than we would. i.e. Division 3. Make no mistake, if we, the Jambo's, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, St Mirren et al had done what Rangers did, we would not get any special treatment. There should be no restructure of Scottish Football just to allow Rangers into Division 1. A restructure is needed, fairer distribution of monies amongst clubs, a fairer voting structure etc, but this should be done after Rangers have been dealt with accordingly.

Let's all e-mail the SFA, (as I intend to as soon as I have finished this post) to let them know what we think about the Rangers Newco situation. Division 3 and nothing else.

e-mail address for the SFA: info@scottishfa.co.uk

If we send their e-mail server into meltdown, they may take notice.

Does anyone have any contacts with other clubs fans? If so please ask them to e-mail the SFA with their views.

AustinHibee
24-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Great post.I 'll be sending off e:mail to SFA in a minute.

The Sea-gull
25-06-2012, 02:58 PM
With us, Hearts, Utd and ICT all nailing our no votes down and Aberdeen, Celtic and St Johnstone all strongly rumoured to be voting no, is there any point in the clubs 1. meeting this Thursday and 2. voting next Wednesday?

Rangers need 8 votes so that means if 5 clubs say no they are goosed. 4 have already declared "no" votes and you have to assume that at least one more from the others will say no.

I am concerned that there has been a stitch up agreed behind the scenes judging by the flurry of announcements by the clubs and the rumours going around. Would not be surprised if the clubs have agreed New Co will be in the first division next season and are annoucing their no votes now to boost fan confidence and subsequently season ticket sales.

For me, the punishment of the first division is not enough. They should be made to re-apply and start in the third.

Jim44
25-06-2012, 03:03 PM
With us, Hearts, Utd and ICT all nailing our no votes down and Aberdeen, Celtic and St Johnstone all strongly rumoured to be voting no, is there any point in the clubs 1. meeting this Thursday and 2. voting next Wednesday?

Rangers need 8 votes so that means if 5 clubs say no they are goosed. 4 have already declared "no" votes and you have to assume that at least one more from the others will say no.

I am concerned that there has been a stitch up agreed behind the scenes judging by the flurry of announcements by the clubs and the rumours going around. Would not be surprised if the clubs have agreed New Co will be in the first division next season and are annoucing their no votes now to boost fan confidence and subsequently season ticket sales.

For me, the punishment of the first division is not enough. They should be made to re-apply and start in the third.

The SPL has hee haw in determining which division they go to, if, indeed, they are accepted at all. The SFA and SFL clubs presumably will vote on their acceptance into one of the lower leagues.

Greenheart
25-06-2012, 03:09 PM
clubs no stating they will vote no Hibs Hearts Inverness Dundee Utd and Aberdeen

Goodbye to the Newco

neilmartinrocks
25-06-2012, 03:10 PM

this was the very subject we were talking about last night before the Italy v engerlund game.
im not one for conspiracies and paranoia but something just doesn't sit right with this. one of the boys (saints supporter) reckons that if it is a secret ballot the huns will be back in the spl next season.
if they start anywhere other than the THIRD the games a bogie for me.

ronaldo7
25-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Well done the dons.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120625/club-statement_2212158_2821864

Hibs7
25-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio !!!

frazeHFC
25-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Staaaaaand free. Well done Dons. Cheerio huns! :bye:

Hibs7
25-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Still need to vote to have it documented unless,the newco withdraws its application to join the SPL.

marinello59
25-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't see this reaching the vote stage. Sevco's best course of action now would be to announce that they are applying to enter the SFL in Division 3.

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

muzzhfc
25-06-2012, 03:23 PM
anyone else think that the rest of the spl sit back and decide not to vote now that its pretty much assured that the huns wont be in the spl? back out and then blame the clubs who have came out and stood strong?

cabbageandribs1875
25-06-2012, 03:24 PM
they will now have more time to make a few amendments, like getting shot of that absolutely ridiculous 11-1 p@sh

JeMeSouviens
25-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Bet the Sheepies were holding off to apply the final blow. :wink: Don't begrudge our fleecy brothers in arms that honour. :aok:

See ya Huns (or, even better, won't). :na na:

bingo70
25-06-2012, 04:25 PM
"No-one like us we don't care".......bet the Huns wish they were liked a bit more now!

When you stop and think about it, this really is massive news, especially if they have to go back to the third division.

Well done to all fans and clubs who were prepared to look past the financial implications and scaremongering to do what was right for the sport

LancsHibs
25-06-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm gonna crack open a Stella :cheers: Cheers sheep!

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 04:32 PM
I think they should have the vote, but postpone it for another fortnight before giving the answer.

That would just about make sure nothing could happen with the huns this season, and they would have to spend at least a year out of any type of football.

JohnStephens91
25-06-2012, 04:38 PM
There is no point, they are just prolonging the inevitable.

scoopyboy
25-06-2012, 05:02 PM
this was the very subject we were talking about last night before the Italy v engerlund game.
im not one for conspiracies and paranoia but something just doesn't sit right with this. one of the boys (saints supporter) reckons that if it is a secret ballot the huns will be back in the spl next season.
if they start anywhere other than the THIRD the games a bogie for me.

Sorry, don't follow your logic.

Hibs vote no, Hibs can do no more.

If five votes are no they aren't in the SPL, the SPL can do no more.

It is then down to the Scottish League where they go.

Yet you are prepared to punish Hibs because of this.

25-06-2012, 05:09 PM
"No-one like us we don't care".......bet the Huns wish they were liked a bit more now!

When you stop and think about it, this really is massive news, especially if they have to go back to the third division.

Well done to all fans and clubs who were prepared to look past the financial implications and scaremongering to do what was right for the sport

:agree:

Aberdeen were always going to vote "NO", there fans would have been absolutly livid if they hadn't and most of them would have walked away.

:lolrangers::bye:

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Sorry, don't follow your logic.

Hibs vote no, Hibs can do no more.

If five votes are no they aren't in the SPL, the SPL can do no more.

It is then down to the Scottish League where they go.

Yet you are prepared to punish Hibs because of this.

There you go again scoopy, saying someone is prepared to punish Hibs? What part of not supporting a body of people who are prepared to bend, ignore, even flout a set of rules for one club, that no other club in the country bar one would get the same favours dont you understand?

If this newco are allowed to play football in any division other than the bottom tier next season, then all the rules are a busted flush. If you have enough money you can do what you want, these are the new rules.

Clubs who played within the law, and the rules of football, clubs who struggled under those conditions will have not been promoted because another club had more money than them.

Whats next?

scoopyboy
25-06-2012, 05:26 PM
There you go again scoopy, saying someone is prepared to punish Hibs? What part of not supporting a body of people who are prepared to bend, ignore, even flout a set of rules for one club, that no other club in the country bar one would get the same favours dont you understand?

If this newco are allowed to play football in any division other than the bottom tier next season, then all the rules are a busted flush. If you have enough money you can do what you want, these are the new rules.

Clubs who played within the law, and the rules of football, clubs who struggled under those conditions will have not been promoted because another club had more money than them.

Whats next?

I don't understand why anyone would turn their back on Hibs because of something that is outwith their control.

If Hibs had voted yes to them getting in or the SPL had accepted them in then I could appreciate the stance.

Hibs and the SPL are doing the right thing, but people are still going to turn their backs on Hibs.

You obviously have great difficulty taking this in.

If people want to stop watching Hibs then fine but don't blame Rangers for it.

And yes I do know you are going to Belgium and have renewed your season ticket, for which I applaud you.

Your ever obedient servant,
Scoopyboy.

number9dream
25-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Clubs need to rubber stamp the No to Newco on 4 July
And clubs need to discuss who club 12 will be.
Dunfermline or Dundee need as much time as possible to prepare for life in SPL.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't understand why anyone would turn their back on Hibs because of something that is outwith their control.

Its because its not out of our control, the rules are in place now? if they are in division 1 next year it will be because those at the top are corrupt.

If Hibs had voted yes to them getting in or the SPL had accepted them in then I could appreciate the stance.

Agree but not really relevant for me.

Hibs and the SPL are doing the right thing, but people are still going to turn their backs on Hibs.

I'd be turning my back on Scottish football

Again i have no difficulty understanding what you say, i disagree i'd be turning my back on Hibs.

Again we disagree, i'm not blaming Rangers for any of this. I'd be blaming those in charge at the very top of Scottish football.

And yes I do know you are going to Belgium and have renewed your season ticket, for which I applaud you.
No need for the applause scoopy, its my team, like you i love following them.

Scoopyboy.
:greengrin

SRHibs
25-06-2012, 05:39 PM

Scoopyboy.

It's bigger than just Hibs though. People aren't itching to stop watching Hibs, and using this as an excuse. But there's no point watching a tournament where the governing bodies are completely corrupt. Hibs are an irrelevance to me if Rangers come out of this completely fine, because my interest in the whole 'competition' will be zero.

weecounty hibby
25-06-2012, 05:40 PM

Scoopyboy.

I love playing cards but if I knew that the game was completely corrupt and I could never win ever, ever, ever then I would give up on playing cards. Same with the football in Scotland. If we allow them to escape with less than div3 then it is a corrupt game and set of people playing it and I will have no part in it as much as I love Hibs what would be the point in being sacrificial lambs to the Huns and their twins at Celtic, who surprise surprise have let all the other clubs stick it to the Huns and have said nothing. They are just as corrupt and Lawell will be spewing that the rest have bundled the Huns

scoopyboy
25-06-2012, 05:42 PM
:greengrin

You're a hard man to argue with guv!!!

I don't like the idea of Hibs fans not going to watch the team because of others that have nothing to do with Hibs.

It's hard enough to get punters along to Easter Road these days without this carry on we have had to endure since February.

Andy74
25-06-2012, 05:48 PM
It's bigger than just Hibs though. People aren't itching to stop watching Hibs, and using this as an excuse. But there's no point watching a tournament where the governing bodies are completely corrupt. Hibs are an irrelevance to me if Rangers come out of this completely fine, because my interest in the whole 'competition' will be zero.

There's the difference then. Hibs will never be an irrelevance to me and he competition has been rigged for years.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 05:49 PM
You're a hard man to argue with guv!!!

I don't like the idea of Hibs fans not going to watch the team because of others that have nothing to do with Hibs.

It's hard enough to get punters along to Easter Road these days without this carry on we have had to endure since February.

I dont want to argue mate, in fact i'm not arguing, just stating how it is for me.

I hope it all goes how i want it to go, and we all cram into easter road next season roaring the team on, and we have a successful season. We are certainly due one.

scoopyboy
25-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I love playing cards but if I knew that the game was completely corrupt and I could never win ever, ever, ever then I would give up on playing cards. Same with the football in Scotland. If we allow them to escape with less than div3 then it is a corrupt game and set of people playing it and I will have no part in it as much as I love Hibs what would be the point in being sacrificial lambs to the Huns and their twins at Celtic, who surprise surprise have let all the other clubs stick it to the Huns and have said nothing. They are just as corrupt and Lawell will be spewing that the rest have bundled the Huns

It depends on how deep you want to go, it could be argued cards is corrupt because most times the guy with most money will win.

Similarly every season Hibs are sacrificial lambs to the Bigot Brothers as one or other is always going to win the League. We buy season tickets for 19 league matches in the knowledge that we aint gonna win the league.

Huns have cheated all my life, difference this time is they have crossed the line in that football rules and laws of the land have been broken.

Hibs have correctly voted to punish them by helping getting them out of the SPL.

However we have no say with what the likes of Falkirk, Cowdenbeath, Alloa, Stranraer, etc will vote to be their destination in the SFL.

scoopyboy
25-06-2012, 05:59 PM
I dont want to argue mate, in fact i'm not arguing, just stating how it is for me.

I hope it all goes how i want it to go, and we all cram into easter road next season roaring the team on, and we have a successful season. We are certainly due one.

I hope it goes the way you want it to, Division 3 it should be for me as well.

If Hibs fans want to stop supporting the club because they cannot afford it, want to spend more time with their families, work committments, have moved away from the area etc then I understand that fully.

I'm not so sure I can understand someone doing so because of things that have nothing to do with Hibs, I find it frustrating but I'm sure the board find it even more so.

weecounty hibby
25-06-2012, 06:02 PM
It depends on how deep you want to go, it could be argued cards is corrupt because most times the guy with most money will win.

Not if you are playing in a properly regulated casino. The SPL/SFL/SFA will not be doing their jobs if they let Newco Hun back anywhere other than div3

Similarly every season Hibs are sacrificial lambs to the Bigot Brothers as one or other is always going to win the League. We buy season tickets for 19 league matches in the knowledge that we aint gonna win the league.

Hasn't always been the case and I always had hopes that one day I might see a league win. No chance if we allow anything other than div3 and change to the voting structure

Huns have cheated all my life, difference this time is they have crossed the line in that football rules and laws of the land have been broken.

Just the first time they have been caught and hopefully they won't/can't get away with anything like it again now that those running our game have seen that we won't just let them give it to us up the arse anymore

Hibs have correctly voted to punish them by helping getting them out of the SPL.

Agreed

However we have no say with what the likes of Falkirk, Cowdenbeath, Alloa, Stranraer, etc will vote to be their destination in the SFL.

I hope that their consciences, like Hibs, are sound as well and if not that still means that Scottish football is corrupt so I don't want any part of it

steakbake
25-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I'll look into a season ticket if I'm convinced we've learned from the utter humiliation of the cup final. Still no over it.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 06:28 PM
I hope it goes the way you want it to, Division 3 it should be for me as well.

If Hibs fans want to stop supporting the club because they cannot afford it, want to spend more time with their families, work committments, have moved away from the area etc then I understand that fully.

I'm not so sure I can understand someone doing so because of things that have nothing to do with Hibs, I find it frustrating but I'm sure the board find it even more so.

While it may in theory have nothing to do with Hibs, they'd still have to play i a crooked league set up. And for me, thats enough to stop me watching another Scottish football match.

We have all thought we are being bent over and shafted for a long time, but couldn't prove it. Anything other than this newco starting at the bottom, and those in charge wont even be hiding it anymore.

It wont be about winning places in leagues, it will be about buying places.

Eyrie
25-06-2012, 06:58 PM
With us, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Inverness all having publicly said "no", it's clear who the big winners and losers are.

Sellick are the winners, since they haven't had to choose between their fans in the stands and their friends at Ibrox.

Kilmarnock are the big losers, since they will be damned for their chairman's support of Rangers and their late attempt to consult the fans is now meaningless.

Eyrie
25-06-2012, 06:59 PM
While it may in theory have nothing to do with Hibs, they'd still have to play i a crooked league set up. And for me, thats enough to stop me watching another Scottish football match.

We have all thought we are being bent over and shafted for a long time, but couldn't prove it. Anything other than this newco starting at the bottom, and those in charge wont even be hiding it anymore.

It wont be about winning places in leagues, it will be about buying places.
Sevco 5088 will be playing in the SFL and not the SPL next season, so you can still go to matches. Surely your problem only arises when they win promotion to the SPL for 2013/14?

SRHibs
25-06-2012, 07:03 PM
There's the difference then. Hibs will never be an irrelevance to me and he competition has been rigged for years.

Yeah, it probably has. Never will it have been shoved in our face so much though, and have been so glaringly ****ing obvious. I love Hibs, but I'm not willing to waste my time and money on something when there is zero chance of anything fruitful coming from it. It's only a game at the end of the day.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Sevco 5088 will be playing in the SFL and not the SPL next season, so you can still go to matches. Surely your problem only arises when they win promotion to the SPL for 2013/14?

If Sevco 5088 are treated the same as any other newco, and apply to join the SFL at the place all newco's apply to join, then you are right, i will be free to watch SPL football next season. Anything else and its a no from me.

3pm
25-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I'll be back regardless of what happens. I am in a minority where I have never once considered boycotting.

Not claiming the moral high ground cos all points are valid. It's all about the Hibs for me though.

fit o' the walk
26-06-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm sure a lot of supporters not just Hibs fans will be happy to see them go down,regardless of their financial wrong doings, due to their history of religious bigotry and all the bile their fans spout out!! Am i wrong in thinking this ?

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I want Rangers punished because they have cheated every club and every fan for the best part of 20 years.

happiehibbie
26-06-2012, 07:24 AM
In a word YES

Mon Dieu4
26-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Id like to think that id be the same with any club but ultimately im two faced and the answer would be a resounding YES i want them to go down just because its them

c31
26-06-2012, 07:32 AM
I'll look into a season ticket if I'm convinced we've learned from the utter humiliation of the cup final. Still no over it.

Sums up my feelings exactly..

StevieC
26-06-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm sure a lot of supporters not just Hibs fans will be happy to see them go down,regardless of their financial wrong doings, due to their history of religious bigotry and all the bile their fans spout out!! Am i wrong in thinking this ?

They have been spouting for years and can be a nasty, vile club when they want to be. They have been greedy to the detriment of other clubs and shown no remorse for anything they've ever done.
It's little wonder that a lot of people are happy to get their comeuppence, but they are not getting excessively punished for this, if that's what you are suggesting.

They are getting treated no more severly than any other team, in fact it's possible that they have actually been treated more leniently and been given a lot more time to resolve issues than other might have.

Saorsa
26-06-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm sure a lot of supporters not just Hibs fans will be happy to see them go down,regardless of their financial wrong doings, due to their history of religious bigotry and all the bile their fans spout out!! Am i wrong in thinking this ?I've never made any attempt tae hide my loathing for that club, I'd like tae see them disappear of the face of the planet along with their other half because I find both clubs despicable for non footballing reasons. I think Scottish fitba would be far better off without them and their 'traditions', unfortunately I ken that's no going tae happen anytime soon.

As far as fitba goes I'd like tae see them treated and punished in the same way as any other club would be for their years of cheating. These constant attempts by those who run Scottish fitba tae find a 'solution' tae the hun problem are an absolute disgrace IMO and an embarrassment tae the whole of Scottish fitba.

fit o' the walk
26-06-2012, 07:52 AM
They have been spouting for years and can be a nasty, vile club when they want to be. They have been greedy to the detriment of other clubs and shown no remorse for anything they've ever done.
It's little wonder that a lot of people are happy to get their comeuppence, but they are not getting excessively punished for this, if that's what you are suggesting.

They are getting treated no more severly than any other team, in fact it's possible that they have actually been treated more leniently and been given a lot more time to resolve issues than other might have. No i'm not suggesting that they are getting excessively punished,far from it.i think if they escape with a 1 div.demotion would be a disgrace. Just trying to gauge fans feelings towards does it being Rangers mask some fans reasons for wanting them demoted.

Phil MaGlass
26-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Who is to say the newcobuns will even be allowed in the 1st div, seems theres a bit of bad blood down there and they will be lucky even to get into Div3 by the looks of it,
---- them and their support, their drunken, moronic, bigot fans have terrorised cities, villages and towns up and down the country(including England FFS) for the last couple of decades and dont deserve to be anywhere near civilisation, their vile bigotry and no one likes us we dont care attitudes stink, get them tae f---.
What also gets oan ma tits is the fact sellik have come out and said nothing letting all the other clubs take the heat. Despicable, but to be expected from yet another glesga club.

James70
26-06-2012, 08:07 AM
The silence from Celtic in particular and indeed from the other west coast clubs has been astonishing.
Whilst all the east coast clubs have laid their cards firmly on the table and stated theirs will be a No vote, Celtic, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Mirren have either said nothing or left things unclear as to how they are going to vote. :confused:

StevieC
26-06-2012, 08:42 AM
No i'm not suggesting that they are getting excessively punished,far from it.i think if they escape with a 1 div.demotion would be a disgrace. Just trying to gauge fans feelings towards does it being Rangers mask some fans reasons for wanting them demoted.

I've wanted both side sof the OF out of Scottish Football for years. I suspect many other supporters feel the same. They are not good for Scottish Football, at least not presently with their continued greed and stranglehold on the game.

Fans want Rangers demoted because that is what they DESERVE. The true feeling are probably that they want them "wound up" never to be seen again, but that is not what is being asked.

So I would say NO, nothing is being "masked". Fans are very clear as to their feelings about Rangers and this is seperate to what they are saying is fair and fitting punishment for what they have done.

lord bunberry
26-06-2012, 09:33 AM
I'll be back regardless of what happens. I am in a minority where I have never once considered boycotting.

Not claiming the moral high ground cos all points are valid. It's all about the Hibs for me though.

I don't think you are in the minority mate I think most people will continue to support the club. For me going the football is about much more than going to the game it about meeting up with friends and family some of whom I wouldn't see if Is didn't go to the games its about having a few beers in my local and putting a wee bet on. There is no way rangers are going to take that away from me

Andy74
26-06-2012, 09:38 AM
No i'm not suggesting that they are getting excessively punished,far from it.i think if they escape with a 1 div.demotion would be a disgrace. Just trying to gauge fans feelings towards does it being Rangers mask some fans reasons for wanting them demoted.

The SPL doesn't have a demotion option. As far as the SPL are concerned they will be saying no to Rangers playing in their league. That's it as far as they are concerned. What the SFL does now is up to them.

GordonHFC
26-06-2012, 09:39 AM
If Preston Athletic were to make an application for any vacant SFL spot would they be considered for a direct entry into division 1. If not then neither should NewCo. What is the difference ?

Money is playing a big part here and it shouldn't and this is why Scottish football is corrupt. SFL clubs should have the same footballing principles as the SPL clubs. They are not going to make any less money than usual if NewCo isn't voted into the SFL are they.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2012, 04:50 PM
The SPL doesn't have a demotion option. As far as the SPL are concerned they will be saying no to Rangers playing in their league. That's it as far as they are concerned. What the SFL does now is up to them.

The SFL run the game under the rules of the SFA, there is no rule that any newco can apply to join any league they want to. The rules are any newco have to apply at the bottom tier. We all play under the umbrella of the SFA, any Rangers in division 1 will have been approved by them.

Hibee Ryan
26-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I really hope the 6 people that voted yes were joking :bitchy::bitchy:

CropleyWasGod
26-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I really hope the 6 people that voted yes were joking :bitchy::bitchy:

Why? If they genuinely voted "yes", that is their opinion, and they have a right to it.

seven nowt
26-06-2012, 06:28 PM
No - cheating *******s.

GreenCastle
27-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Been widely talked about which clubs have come out and explained how they plan to vote.

Unless I've missed it there has been nothing from Celtic yet ?

Will they release a statement or will they hide behind the other clubs statements and not reveal how they plan to vote? :confused:

Andy74
27-06-2012, 11:28 AM
With sharing a sponsor, and being half of something marketable this has worked out well for them - there's no way they could have been seen to have played a leading part in the no campaign.

Now they can say that this is the choice of the SPL and that they can agree with the right of the SPL to decide this outcome.

Their fans will have wanted a no but didn't ever see Celtic as being able to come out and say this.

Part/Time Supporter
27-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Celtic made their position pretty clear just before Rangers went into administration, when they stated that their business was robust and didn't need Rangers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17013512).

They're not going to explicitly say "Rangers GTF" because that would change the tone of the whole debate from being one where Scottish football is collectively saying "up with this we will not put" to just another boring Celtic v Rangers tit-for-tat argument. The Rangers fans in the media would love to be able to portray their demise as being some fantastic conspiracy against them. Celtic shouldn't give them that satisfaction.

Sprouleflyer
27-06-2012, 11:45 AM
With 6 teams saying no, this will allow Celtic and probably others to abstain.

LancsHibs
28-06-2012, 11:40 AM
A deal will be done and new Rangers will play in Division 1 next season! Reasons for this:

1. It will be seen to appease both camps those that wish to see the Huns expelled from he SPL and those desperate for he cash as it could well only be for 1 season
2. There will be a vote on SPL reconstruction increasing league to 14 for 2013-14 therefore almost guaranteeing newRFC promotion by the back door and appeasing the current Div 1 clubs with a promotion of at least one of their current member clubs and a windfall of increased crowds and media coverage for a season for all clubs.
3. It would prevent a admin headache for the SFL who would have to make a decision on rearranging clubs in all 3 divisions if Huns were dropped onto Div 3. If Rangers were in Div 1 it would be a straight forward swap for Dundee/Dunfermline
4. Would prevent the nightmare of Huns visiting small towns & stadiums just not equipped for it, I.e. Annan or Coatbridge, it would be a policing nightmare

Watch this space...

Knew this was going to happen! Don't agree with it, but knew it! Get them to Div3.

GreenOnions
28-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Slightly different angle here but .........

.. irrespective of the outcome of the current shennanigans - if the newco has to agree to take responsibility for previous behaviour of oldco is it not likely that newco will eventually be thrown out of whatever league they're in if they're found guilty of using dual contracts?

Emerald
28-06-2012, 09:49 PM

So you go along to the games, open your back passage and take it? Hibs dont exist as a football club after this, they become the whores of the old firm. We all thought it before but now its official. Do what you want but no one will rodger me like that, its a dis..f**grace.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 09:56 PM
So you go along to the games, open your back passage and take it? Hibs dont exist as a football club after this, they become the whores of the old firm. We all thought it before but now its official. Do what you want but no one will Rogger me like that, its a dis..f**grace.

Those people who have said they will go back no matter what, have in my opinion given up the right to complain about this.

Emerald
28-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Those people who have said they will go back no matter what, have in my opinion given up the right to complain about this.
Agree, this is not about Hibs anymore, its about Scottish football. Whether you're Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee (Utd) etc. it doesn't matter. You will cease to exist as a competitive member of a competition if this is allowed. At the moment we all know its a fix but to rubber stamp us as submissive gimps and whores to the old firm will for me be THE last straw. They can shove it up the donkeys ass that is willing to take it. It f****** wont be mine.

HibbyAndy
28-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Agree, this is not about Hibs anymore, its about Scottish football. Whether you're Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee (Utd) etc. it doesn't matter. You will cease to exist as a competitive member of a competition if this is allowed. At the moment we all know its a fix but to rubber stamp us as submissive gimps and whores to the old firm will for me be THE last straw. They can shove it up the donkeys ass that is willing to take it. It f****** wont be mine.

Spoken like a true 'Cuiker':agree:

Spot on BTW.

Emerald
28-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Spoken like a true 'Cuiker':agree:

Spot on BTW.

You must be able to hear me from your hoose lol

3pm
28-06-2012, 10:21 PM
So you go along to the games, open your back passage and take it? Hibs dont exist as a football club after this, they become the whores of the old firm. We all thought it before but now its official. Do what you want but no one will rodger me like that, its a dis..f**grace.

So why did you go before if you knew?! I am assuming you'll go the full way and won't watch on TV and you've watched Hibs for the ladt time?

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 10:24 PM
So why did you go before if you knew?! I am assuming you'll go the full way and won't watch on TV and you've watched Hibs for the ladt time?

To think you are being shafted is one thing, to have it confirmed is another.

3pm
28-06-2012, 10:25 PM

Opinions which we are all entitled to of course.

We'll see how many people stick to their guns when we get to a final or dare I say it, start winning.

I might look back and regret it but I don't just now.

HibbyAndy
28-06-2012, 10:27 PM

We'll see how many people stick to their guns when we get to a final or dare I say it, start winning.

Oh i know quite a few, Myself included.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 10:27 PM

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you are not prepared to do anything about what you are moaning about, your opinion means nothing, in my opinion obviously.

Emerald
28-06-2012, 10:28 PM

Because its just like you think you're wife is having an affair, you cant prove it but you know. Then the bitch admits to it and its out in the open. But never mind she's only going to **** him on midweek days and save the weekends for you. All f****** sorted, literally!! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Incredible. Hating Rangers and the dummies that run the game is more important than supporting Hibs

Ye couldnae make it up

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 10:33 PM

I might look back and regret it but I don't just now.yeah we will, I'll drink tae that with you now. I'm on 20+ years of boycotting tincastle but if you think I'm no as good as my word I look forward tae taking a drink or two from you. :cheers:

3pm
28-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Oh i know quite a few, Myself included.

We'll see. I take it you won't watch on TV either?

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Incredible. Hating Rangers and the dummies that run the game is more important than supporting Hibs

Ye couldnae make it upThat what you really think John, is it?

BarneyK
28-06-2012, 10:35 PM

Ye couldnae make it up

I'd say it's gone past hating Rangers, John. They're almost an irrelevance now. It's about the principles of accountability. The message has been sent out, Celtic and Rangers can do what they want and really we can do nothing about it, they cannot be punished in any proper fashion. How many years are Sky allowing them out of the SPL? Presumably the SFL clubs are to lie down to them next season? It's about consistency. It's about respect.

3pm
28-06-2012, 10:36 PM
yeah we will, I'll drink tae that with you now. I'm on 20+ years of boycotting tincastle but if you think I'm no as good as my word I look forward tae taking a drink or two from you. :cheers:

I was really talking en masse rather specifc posters but if you want a drink, no worries.

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I'd say it's gone past hating Rangers, John. They're almost an irrelevance now. It's about the principles of accountability. The message has been sent out, Celtic and Rangers can do what they want and really we can do nothing about it, they cannot be punished in any proper fashion. How many years are Sky allowing them out of the SPL? Presumably the SFL clubs are to lie down to them next season? It's about consistency. It's about respect.

I understand all of that but tell me, when was there a day that the OF couldn't just do what they liked?

I guess I'm just at the end of my tether with all this newco nonsense. The game is corrupt and money is the king but at the end of the day, Hibs are my club and I won't turn my back on them

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 10:45 PM
I understand all of that but tell me, when was there a day that the OF couldn't just do what they liked?

I guess I'm just at the end of my tether with all this newco nonsense. The game is corrupt and money is the king but at the end of the day, Hibs are my club and I won't turn my back on them

John, when have you ever known anything like this? In fact its sad that someone like you should feel so helpless that you have just accepted they will do as they like?

Well i for one wont, and hopefully enough of us will boycott Scottish football, and they will realise they will have to accept this is wrong, and deal out the punishment they deserve. And perhaps we will get our game back. The other option is it dies, and those not willing to do anything imo will be part of it demise.

What changes if we keep allowing them to do as they like? Why would anyone want that to continue?

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 10:54 PM
John, when have you ever known anything like this? In fact its sad that someone like you should feel so helpless that you have just accepted they will do as they like?

Well i for one wont, and hopefully enough of us will boycott Scottish football, and they will realise they will have to accept this is wrong, and deal out the punishment they deserve. And perhaps we will get our game back. The other option is it dies, and those not willing to do anything imo will be part of it demise.

What changes if we keep allowing them to do as they like? Why would anyone want that to continue?

That's an interesting take on it Gary. So the many Hibs fans who stop going to watch their team will not be responsible in any way for the reduction in income that could threaten the existence of Hibernian?

I abhor what appears to be happening re allowing the Huns into the First Division. It's a disgraceful decision if indeed that decision has actually been made. All I'm seeing and reading at the moment is unconfirmed reports peddled by the very media that has failed to join in the clamour to have Rangers suitably punished.

Maybe I'll feel different if this move actually happens, I don't know but I've supported Hibs for decades and my feelings for them are far stronger than my feelings of hatred for the Huns

Cabbage East
28-06-2012, 11:01 PM
More depressing than this situation is the supporters that are so apathetic that they cant even be arsed to do anything about it so just keep going along with it anyway :rolleyes:

There's a possibility here of a real revolution among Scottish fitba fans but you'd rather just keep plodding along and maintain the status quo. Old firm dominance, cheating, but sit there and take it. Fair enough, that's your choice. I'd rather do something about it and I'm glad the rest of the support seem to feel the same way I do.

Let's change things. Unless its too much effort that is.

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:02 PM
More depressing than this situation is the supporters that are so apathetic that they cant even be arsed to do anything about it so just keep going along with it anyway :rolleyes:

There's a possibility here of a real revolution among Scottish fitba fans but you'd rather just keep plodding along and maintain the status quo. Old firm dominance, cheating, but sit there and take it. Fair enough, that's your choice. I'd rather do something about it and I'm glad the rest of the support seem to feel the same way I do.

Let's change things. Unless its too much effort that is.

I'm assuming this is aimed at me

Fair play to you if that's how you feel

Cabbage East
28-06-2012, 11:07 PM

It's not aimed at you specifically at all, I just notice some people seem to be rolling over as its too much effort. The feeling among supporters has made a difference so far, lets keep it going and make ourselves heard when it's clear we have a chance to do something now, or shut the **** up and let it happen and lose a golden opportunity.

BarneyK
28-06-2012, 11:10 PM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

And John - damn there's none Eviler than them pesky Huns :wink:

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2012, 11:11 PM
That's an interesting take on it Gary. So the many Hibs fans who stop going to watch their team will not be responsible in any way for the reduction in income that could threaten the existence of Hibernian?

I abhor what appears to be happening re allowing the Huns into the First Division. It's a disgraceful decision if indeed that decision has actually been made. All I'm seeing and reading at the moment is unconfirmed reports peddled by the very media that has failed to join in the clamour to have Rangers suitably punished.

Maybe I'll feel different if this move actually happens, I don't know but I've supported Hibs for decades and my feelings for them are far stronger than my feelings of hatred for the Huns

Its the existence of Scottish football as a whole i'm worried about John. I firmly believe we are coming to a crossroads in football in our country, fans of every club have just about had enough of being bent over.

Then we suddenly get a piece of luck, Rangers have been caught cheating each and every one of us. We then see this chance to take our game back, make it better for us all, but no. The authorities cant allow that, they cant have this institution punished for their crimes, no we must treat them completely different to any other team in the land bar one.

My dreams of a fairer league are dashed, my dreams of at last getting a structure to the game where we are all equal, and while i knew they'd be back, we'd have at least seen them properly punished, and we all would have time to get everything sorted in the game.

Thats all been pissed on with this news today IF its correct?

As you said earlier, we have always thought they could do as they liked, now its looking like thats being confirmed. We had a chance to change all that, but no it does not look like we will take that chance.

Well they can do it without me, and you and others might think i'm harming Hibs? I dont see it that way, i wont be back because i dont want it to be like its always been.

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 11:14 PM

I guess I'm just at the end of my tether with all this newco nonsense. The game is corrupt and money is the king but at the end of the day, Hibs are my club and I won't turn my back on themAnd now when there is a real opportunity tae dae something about that John, should we just no bother? I've been watching Hibs for 34 years (naewhere near as long as you :greengrin ) and things have always been stacked in their favour, particularly since the start of the SPL, but this is different. They've been caught with their fingers in the taxman's till (amongst others), they've broke just about every rule in the book, yet the twisted b******s that run the game in this country are still trying tae get them off the hook as lightly as possible. That is unacceptable for me, I will not put my money in tae that, the game that funds the gravy train that lines the pockets of ***** like doncaster and ogilvie. I love Hibs and the thought of no goin' tae watch and support my team efter that number of years breaks my heart and anybody that knows me will know that too but I will not go against what I believe tae be right or wrong. If the wrong thing is done here the rest of us may as well pack up and go hame anyway. It'll be a green light for certain cheats tae dae what they want. If they cheat again tae win at all costs and get caught again 10 years down the line, will we change the rules tae let them off again?

BarneyK
28-06-2012, 11:15 PM
As emailed to a Raith Season Ticket holder fae their Chairman -

Relax......we don't respond to blackmail. We've made our position crystal clear. The document is a joke and an insult. I don't care about SPL clubs or their problems. They haven't shown much interest in ours!
We will not be roliing over. I'd rather play Junior Football!

:thumbsup: Turnbull Hutton...legend!

Emerald
28-06-2012, 11:16 PM

I agree with you, and I have a season ticket for next season. The worry is that WE are going to allow this sham to gain approval and WE are going to roll over and take it. The big problem we have is that no one will actually know it has happened until too late. You MUST make your feelings known NOW not when the evidence of this sham are outed. They are playing with you, it is a stitch up. get them to f****

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 11:17 PM

Relax......we don't respond to blackmail. We've made our position crystal clear. The document is a joke and an insult. I don't care about SPL clubs or their problems. They haven't shown much interest in ours!

:thumbsup: Turnbull Hutton...legend!and we need many mair like him

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:19 PM
It's not aimed at you specifically at all, I just notice some people seem to be rolling over as its too much effort. The feeling among supporters has made a difference so far, lets keep it going and make ourselves heard when it's clear we have a chance to do something now, or shut the **** up and let it happen and lose a golden opportunity.

Again, fair play to you. My response is not aimed specifically at you.

The problem as I see it is that there is an outpouring of anger on here every time there's another development in this saga. Folk started off saying things like "I'll no be back if Petrie votes the Huns back into the SPL" The media was reporting that Newco would get straight in because the rest of the SPL needed the money. When the club announced they'd voted against Newco getting in, folk started saying "If the Huns are not put into Div 3, I'll no be back" The media hinted that Div 3 would be a disaster for the whole of Scottish football and now that the media are reporting speculation that the Huns are being put into the First Division the cries of outrage have changed yet again.

I'm getting on in years now and I'm no a daft wee laddie but I've learned that football clubs, including Hibs, will do what they think is best for them, not what's best for the fans. The outcry, which I joined and supported, about saying No to Newco being voted into the SPL, was magnificent and a real victory for all non Rangers fans but I have my doubts that insisting Div 3 is the only solution, will be embraced by many of the clubs and might even include Hibs.

If the club is passive or even supportive of Newco going straight into Div 1 and there is a significant boycott of Hibs games then Hibs as a club may struggle to exist. I can't get my head around any Hibs fan allowing that to happen.

Captain Trips
28-06-2012, 11:20 PM

Great stuff

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:22 PM

This encapsulates perfectly the point I have been trying to make. We're bumping our gums and throwing around threats of boycotts on the back of a hypothetical scenario. I posted on this or another thread that I think the Huns deserve to go out of business and join the likes of Third Lanark and Clydebank but I doubt that'll happen.

Captain Trips
28-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Again, fair play to you. My response is not aimed specifically at you.

The problem as I see it is that there is an outpouring of anger on here every time there's another development in this saga. Folk started off saying things like "I'll no be back if Petrie votes the Huns back into the SPL" The media was reporting that Newco would get straight in because the rest of the SPL needed the money. When the club announced they'd voted against Newco getting in, folk started saying "If the Huns are not put into Div 3, I'll no be back" The media hinted that Div 3 would be a disaster for the whole of Scottish football and now that the media are reporting speculation that the Huns are being put into the First Division the cries of outrage have changed yet again.

I'm getting on in years now and I'm no a daft wee laddie but I've learned that football clubs, including Hibs, will do what they think is best for them, not what's best for the fans. The outcry, which I joined and supported, about saying No to Newco being voted into the SPL, was magnificent and a real victory for all non Rangers fans but I have my doubts that insisting Div 3 is the only solution, will be embraced by many of the clubs and might even include Hibs.

If the club is passive or even supportive of Newco going straight into Div 1 and there is a significant boycott of Hibs games then Hibs as a club may struggle to exist. I can't get my head around any Hibs fan allowing that to happen.

If you think they do what is best for them then surely the bit in bold would suggest they cannot risk club struggling to exist so should be looking at what the fans are saying/doing and that would be best for them would it not.

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Its the existence of Scottish football as a whole i'm worried about John. I firmly believe we are coming to a crossroads in football in our country, fans of every club have just about had enough of being bent over.

Then we suddenly get a piece of luck, Rangers have been caught cheating each and every one of us. We then see this chance to take our game back, make it better for us all, but no. The authorities cant allow that, they cant have this institution punished for their crimes, no we must treat them completely different to any other team in the land bar one.

My dreams of a fairer league are dashed, my dreams of at last getting a structure to the game where we are all equal, and while i knew they'd be back, we'd have at least seen them properly punished, and we all would have time to get everything sorted in the game.

As you said earlier, we have always thought they could do as they liked, now its looking like thats being confirmed. We had a chance to change all that, but no it does not look like we will take that chance.

Well they can do it without me, and you and others might think i'm harming Hibs? I dont see it that way, i wont be back because i dont want it to be like its always been.

Let's keep our powder dry until and if it's confirmed. Then I'll be the first to march Newco round the back of the stand and shoot the buggers :greengrin

And now when there is a real opportunity tae dae something about that John, should we just no bother? I've been watching Hibs for 34 years (naewhere near as long as you :greengrin ) and things have always been stacked in their favour, particularly since the start of the SPL, but this is different. They've been caught with their fingers in the taxman's till (amongst others), they've broke just about every rule in the book, yet the twisted b******s that run the game in this country are still trying tae get them off the hook as lightly as possible. That is unacceptable for me, I will not put my money in tae that, the game that funds the gravy train that lines the pockets of ***** like doncaster and ogilvie. I love Hibs and the thought of no goin' tae watch and support my team efter that number of years breaks my heart and anybody that knows me will know that too but I will not go against what I believe tae be right or wrong. If the wrong thing is done here the rest of us may as well pack up and go hame anyway. It'll be a green light for certain cheats tae dae what they want. If they cheat again tae win at all costs and get caught again 10 years down the line, will we change the rules tae let them off again?

Nah, just shoot the buggers now :greengrin

BarneyK
28-06-2012, 11:27 PM
This encapsulates perfectly the point I have been trying to make. We're bumping our gums and throwing around threats of boycotts on the back of a hypothetical scenario. I posted on this or another thread that I think the Huns deserve to go out of business and join the likes of Third Lanark and Clydebank but I doubt that'll happen.

It does look like the way they're looking to play it though, John, and unless we make our stand now, well, personally I'll feel somehow complicit in the thing. I actually don't want them to die, just do the right thing for a change.

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Nah, just shoot the buggers now :greengrinIf only it was that easy John, I'd volunteer masel tae squeeze the triggers now. :agree:

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:28 PM
If you think they do what is best for them then surely the bit in bold would suggest they cannot risk club struggling to exist so should be looking at what the fans are saying/doing and that would be best for them would it not.

Agreed but we don't even know for certain that Hibs are agreeable to this Division 1 option and yet we have another zillion posts written as though Petrie and Co are guilty as sin! Rod has proved already that he's willing to stand up to them. IMO it's no coincidence that his words on sporting integrity were repeated almost parrot fashion on the websites of those SPL clubs that voted no to Newco.

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:30 PM
It does look like the way they're looking to play it though, John, and unless we make our stand now, well, personally I'll feel somehow complicit in the thing. I actually don't want them to die, just do the right thing for a change.

The right thing is for them to die or at best start again from the bottom but that ain't gonna happen.

Captain Trips
28-06-2012, 11:30 PM

I would say all the boycotts and non renewals are also hypothetical as well at this juncture so it certainly is a good thing to see what hypothetically may happen if situation is true which may influnce things if situation is more than hypothetical.

BarneyK
28-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Another straight talking SFL Chairman -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rangers-newco-even-third-division-will-object-to-club-s-presence-1-2382349?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:31 PM
If only it was that easy John, I'd volunteer masel tae squeeze the triggers now. :agree:

:cb :bandit: :gun: :greengrin

carnoustiehibee
28-06-2012, 11:32 PM
dono if already posted....couldnt have put it better myself

By STEPHEN HALLIDAY
Published on Friday 29 June 2012 00:00

MORTON chairman Douglas Rae believes Third Division football is the best-case scenario for newco Rangers, but has predicted that they will face opposition to their presence from clubs in the lower tier of the Scottish Football League.

• Morton chairman Douglas Rae believes Third Division clubs would oppose Rangers’ presence in the lower tiers of Scottish football

• General consensus is that Rangers should not be allowed to drop down just one division

• Two non-league clubs rumoured to have lodged bids to join the SFL

Rae insists the SFA’s bid to merge the SPL with the SFL in order to provide the reconstituted Ibrox club with a softer landing after their rejection by top flight clubs is doomed to failure.

At a meeting of the Morton Supporters Trust, Rae formally declared his intention to vote against Rangers’ admission to what is currently the First Division when all 30 SFL clubs meet at Hampden next Tuesday.

The businessman, who rescued Morton when he bought the club ten years ago, can see no prospect of the proposal achieving the 75 per cent support of SFL clubs required. “I’ve made my mind up and I won’t be changing it,” Rae told The Scotsman. “I know a few other chairmen who haven’t declared their position publicly yet but who have indicated privately they are going to vote against Rangers being admitted to the First Division.

“I think the SFA will be surprised at the strength of feeling among First Division clubs against Rangers going straight in at that level. They should be treated the same way as any other club. Rangers should have the same punishment as Livingston and be banished to the Third Division.

“My understanding is that two non-league clubs have lodged applications for the potential vacancy in the SFL. That would be in the Third Division and that’s where Rangers should apply to join. The normal practice should apply – that the SFL clubs receive a presentation from all applicants and then cast a vote on who they believe should get into the Third Division. It has to be consistent. Otherwise, it is being done only because it is Rangers.

“We’ll need to see what happens on Tuesday. If I was a betting man, I’d bet that Rangers will end up in the Third Division but I also know there are a lot of Third Division clubs who don’t want Rangers as it will threaten their own ambitions of promotion. My former manager, Jim McInally, for example, is hoping to make a big push for promotion with Peterhead next season. It won’t be much fun for them if Rangers are foisted onto them and become automatic favourites to win the division.

“Another problem with Rangers going into the Third Division is that there is no segregation at grounds there. That’s something for the police to consider.””Rae added: “There has been a lot of pious talk about sporting integrity. Where’s the integrity of a club going into administration, liquidation, getting rid of its debts and just dropping down one tier of football? I don’t see any integrity in that. It’s easy to talk about integrity but I regret to say there’s not much of it around in Scottish football right now.

“Rangers have admitted they should be punished because they have cheated consistently over the last number of years. They have tried to steal a march on other clubs. As a result, they have to receive the same punishment any other club would have got.

“If this was Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Kilmarnock in the same position as Rangers, for example, there wouldn’t be the same guff as we’ve gone through over the last few months. I saw Charles Green suggest the SFA should be sitting down with them and discussing their punishment. That’s like saying someone accused of a driving offence or burglary should sit down with the judge and decide what sentence they get.”

Rae has also warned against creating an option for any other clubs who become insolvent to avoid the full consequences of their situation.

“It would be dangerous to just let Rangers drop one division as new club with no debt,” he said. “Let’s then say that Motherwell, just as an example, were in a bad way financially. They could just decide to go into administration, then liquidation if necessary, if they knew a precedent had been set where they would only drop into the First Division.”

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Another straight talking SFL Chairman -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rangers-newco-even-third-division-will-object-to-club-s-presence-1-2382349?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Brilliant news. It's really up to the SFL clubs to take the stance now.

BarneyK
28-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Agreed but we don't even know for certain that Hibs are agreeable to this Division 1 option and yet we have another zillion posts written as though Petrie and Co are guilty as sin! Rod has proved already that he's willing to stand up to them. IMO it's no coincidence that his words on sporting integrity were repeated almost parrot fashion on the websites of those SPL clubs that voted no to Newco.

Aye but "sporting integrity" is a Hell of a way distant from "dropped into Division 1". People are angry that they have maybe been mislead...

JohnStephens91
28-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Right guys this is it, it is time to get off our bums and do something as a whole. I personally do not want to boycott any club, especially Hibs but we need to make sure that every single chairman in the SFL and the SPL know that we can not tolerate the cheats any longer.

When I grew up watching Hibs, I remember seeing us torn apart by Rangers, or us running them close and eventually losing out. Every time I wondered how they could do it, and now it has been revealed, they cheated. That was childhood memories destroyed. Think about it, how many others were affected when they were my age, fans of Livingston, Partick, Aberdeen etc and how many more will be robbed of potentially great childhood memories in the future. I am going to start e-mailing SFL chairmen just now to tell them how disgusted I would be if Newco were allowed into the First Division and I will be e-mailing every single SPL club and telling them to keep fighting on against the cheats that have destroyed the game.

We are in the middle of a civil war, and lets not kid ourselves, it is the fans vs the powers that be. Doncaster and his cronies must be taken down now and so must Regan and his band of loonies. I also feel that SPL chairmen are possibly to blame as well and they have to pick a side now, it is them or us. We have the ultimate power, not them, we keep our clubs alive and without us they would wither. It is either us or the Newco, and I for one do not want a Newco to be allowed to bypass any divisions or be included in league restructuring at a higher level than they should be.

Our clubs could have the power to force through the right changes that are needed without a Newco putting pressure on everything by being one division below. We can restructure our league to be more fair for all involved, it is time for it to happen. **** the Newco and **** the proposals and **** the old and dead Rangers. We should be dancing on their grave and not waiting on them to crawl back out any time soon. Those ***** cheated and ruined the competition for everyone across Scotland, time to kick their ***** out the league and down to the bottom rung.

Emerald
28-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Brilliant news. It's really up to the SFL clubs to take the stance now.

Take a bow Morton. This IS what every club in Scotland (and the rest of the world) should be putting over to these cheating barstewards. :thumbsup:

[/PHP]

Jonnyboy
28-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Off to my bed now after a long, difficult and emotional day. Please ignore my earlier rantings :greengrin

lucky
28-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Morton chairman says if he was a betting man he would bet against Rangers getting in Division 1. He claims tha 3rd Division teams don't want them either. I think this story has still got a long way to run

Saorsa
28-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Brilliant news. It's really up to the SFL clubs to take the stance now.I still think it's up tae everybody, every club that believes in the right thing being done should make it clear that they will refuse tae play against that club in any competition if they start in any division bar the bottom one. If they start in division 1 it cannae be for any other reason than clubs from the SPL and SFL have agreed tae some sort of fudge. Any and all clubs (SPL & SFL) who believe in the right thing should make it clear tae those running the game that any compromise is not on (unless of course they think they have something tae gain from it). I have little or nae faith in the people that run the game in this country (that may be obvious :wink: ) and I'll accept nothing 'til I see it in black and white, shades of grey dae nothing for me.

JohnStephens91
29-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Dear Chairman and board of East Fife,

I have grown up with the effects of having Rangers cheat their way to success, many times I sat and watched on the terraces of the old East Stand at Easter Road and seen Rangers run riot over Hibs or narrowly defeat our hard working players. As it has transpired recently every success recently has been done by running up huge amounts of debt and effectively cheating their way to glory.

Elsewhere clubs up and down the country and right through the league set-up in Scotland have had to cut their costs accordingly, all the while we have been faced with the mammoth task of competing against Rangers and Celtic with one of them cheating. Whether it has been a cup tie or a league game, Rangers robbed us, and now they are dead and gone.

However we face a fight for justice and integrity against the Sevco 5088 FC from skipping Divisions which your club have fought their way through on a strict budget. This team have no audited accounts, do not have a full squad and effectively have no youth system. They are only a football team by name, and they do not deserve to have the chance to skip through divisions that every other team of the 30 in the SFL presently fight hard to survive in and compete in for promotion.

We have watched the rightful punishments dished out to Gretna, Livingston and Aidrieonians and also seen Dundee punished for going into administration. Sevco 5088 FC should not be treated any differently. As I have mentioned previously, they are not a football club and do not even meet any requirements. Justice must be served to them and it must be served with the equality of past punishments.

Fans of the SPL clubs all stand united and steadfast in their belief in integrity and it appears that our own chairmen may have sold us short, personally I have the belief that the SFL clubs will not betray their own fans in the same way. They have watched the respective teams fight in the SFL for the major goal of promotion and to have Sevco skip divisions will have a profound effect. I believe that together we can all make the game greater for everyone in Scotland if we all stand united.

The fans of Hibernian definitely have your backing if you decide to vote against the proposals to allow Sevco to saunter into the First Division and I’m sure this will resonate throughout the fan base of other SPL clubs. We must all fight for what is fair, and what is fair is rightful punishments and the rightful means of process for the application of a new member club into the bottom tier of Scottish football.

Yours faithfully,
John Stephens

barcahibs
29-06-2012, 12:17 AM

Agree with most of this.

I can't afford a season ticket, I really cant, money is tight and my schedule means I don't make it to enough games to justify one anyway. Despite this I buy one every year and I already have mine for next season. I'm a Hibs fan. It's what defines me, its pretty much the first thing anyone who meets me or walks into my home finds out about me. During some of the tougher times in my life being a Hibbie and going along to Easter Road were pretty much all I had.

It will absolutely break my heart to turn my back on Hibs - but if it turns out that they are in any way complicit in the football authorities treating sevco differently to any other club then I will do so. I will walk away from Scottish football and I won't look back.

I've always suspected that Scottish football was corrupt, always believed that the old firm were treated differently to everyone else. But there's a huge difference between thinking and knowing. If this happens then I'll know - and I can't take that. Either this is a sport or it isn't. If there are no rules, fairly applied to all clubs no matter their status, then I might as well watch WWE, I might as well watch a movie or any other scripted drama where the ending's never in doubt. Except, unlike Hollywood, in this case the bad guys win.

We're being asked to allow a club who have cheated for decades and now been caught red handed, to be let off with a slap on the wrist because the moneymen say so. And then we've all to smile and say thank you in a years time when they waltz back into the top league like nothing happened.

People are telling me that I'm only hurting myself, or that this could even mean the death of the club I claim to love. I disagree. If Hibs back this then the truth is that the club I support is already dead. Scottish football is already dead, all we're doing now is selling tickets to watch its corpse twitch.

The Green Goblin
29-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Agree with most of this.

I can't afford a season ticket, I really cant, money is tight and my schedule means I don't make it to enough games to justify one anyway. Despite this I buy one every year and I already have mine for next season. I'm a Hibs fan. It's what defines me, its pretty much the first thing anyone who meets me or walks into my home finds out about me. During some of the tougher times in my life being a Hibbie and going along to Easter Road were pretty much all I had.

It will absolutely break my heart to turn my back on Hibs - but if it turns out that they are in any way complicit in the football authorities treating sevco differently to any other club then I will do so. I will walk away from Scottish football and I won't look back.

I've always suspected that Scottish football was corrupt, always believed that the old firm were treated differently to everyone else. But there's a huge difference between thinking and knowing. If this happens then I'll know - and I can't take that. Either this is a sport or it isn't. If there are no rules, fairly applied to all clubs no matter their status, then I might as well watch WWE, I might as well watch a movie or any other scripted drama where the ending's never in doubt. Except, unlike Hollywood, in this case the bad guys win.

We're being asked to allow a club who have cheated for decades and now been caught red handed, to be let off with a slap on the wrist because the moneymen say so. And then we've all to smile and say thank you in a years time when they waltz back into the top league like nothing happened.

People are telling me that I'm only hurting myself, or that this could even mean the death of the club I claim to love. I disagree. If Hibs back this then the truth is that the club I support is already dead. Scottish football is already dead, all we're doing now is selling tickets to watch its corpse twitch.

This is bang on the money for me. A fantastic, albeit sad, post which sums it up perfectly for me. It's a crying shame that it may come to this.

bighairyfaeleith
29-06-2012, 04:23 AM
Agree with most of this.

Could not agree more

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Onion
29-06-2012, 04:59 AM
Agree with most of this.

Quote of the week :agree:

Hibs7
29-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Send that quote to the papers,

InchHibby
29-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Agree with most of this.

This explains it clearly and is indeed what most decent fans are thinking, enough is enough, do the decent and correct thing or what's the point, back to the same old scenario.

Phil MaGlass
29-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Agree with most of this.

On the button,

last man to leave put the lights out please.

MB62
29-06-2012, 08:38 AM

Ye couldnae make it up

J.C. I know what you are saying mate, but this has moved on from hating rangers more than the club you support, and I am talking about more than just us and Hibernian, I mean every other supporter of every other club in Scotland.
Make no mistake, I hate rangers and everything they have ever stood for, but they are an insignificance in my life compared to supporting Hibernian.

We have stood shoulder to shoulder over the years fighting for the survival of our own club, Hands Off Hibs, Hands ON Hibs, Frustraiton and the fun we had with MHHM, but this now is bigger than just Hibernian, this is about sorting out the corruption that is Scottish Football. Let's not forget that the demise of rangers hugely weakens their bed partner too, the duopoly that strangled the life out of Scottish football for about the last 40 years or more is no longer and we as a club, as part of the rest of the clubs in Scottish football, have the chance to put all the past wrongs to right and have a more equal distribution of the finances in our game.
Rangers and the media talking about the potential disaster for the game in Scotland if rangers are lost to the game are NOT talking about the game in Scotland, they are talking about the disaster for rangers and celtic. There are another 36 clubs in Scotland that in reality, they don't give a stuff about and all the media are concerned about is how they can protect the sectarian fest that is the OF game.

GGTTH
SEVCO 5088 GTF

Captain Trips
29-06-2012, 08:44 AM
I would imagine that the teams in Div2,3 would probably look to vote Rangers into Div 3 as if straight to one they would miss out on money from gates and the challenge of trying to not let them win that division. That document appears to suggest that the SPL is influencing any decision which is a disgrace.

ginger_rice
29-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Rangers and the media talking about the potential disaster for the game in Scotland if rangers are lost to the game are NOT talking about the game in Scotland, they are talking about the disaster for rangers and celtic. There are another 36 clubs in Scotland that in reality, they don't give a stuff about and all the media are concerned about is how they can protect the sectarian fest that is the OF game.

GGTTH
SEVCO 5088 GTF

:top marks

That's exactly what this is all about, the people who run Scottish Football and the media want the OF to continue as before as as far as they are concerned the OF are Scottish football, the rest of us are a necessary evil and irrelevance but required until the bigot brothers can move off to pastures new.

And please let's not forget it's not all that long ago the both of these clubs wanted to move down south, with the full support of the media!

lyonhibs
29-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Is it just me, or is that document to SFL clubs not massively condescending, like explaining something to a child?? There's no way the SPL/SFA should be putting that sort of pressure on SFL clubs.

That said, it's now quite clear. Assuming 4th of July goes as we expect, SPL clubs have done their bit to punt The Huns down to the 3rd division. It's up to the SFL clubs to strap on a pair and do the right thing now.

If they don't, I wouldn't necessarily blame them on the back of that quasi-scaremongering document. It'll be the authors of that report, and their generally subservient attitude to the Old Firm that I'll be angry with.

Turning my back completely on Scottish football would be a massive wrench, but I'd be forced to do it.

Lungo--Drom
29-06-2012, 09:49 AM
I think I mentioned that possibility the other day on the Rangers Administration thread (hard to keep a track). If by some wondrous magical sequence of events the Sevco NewHunCo failed to get in to SPL or SFLs 1, 2 or 3 it would be worthwhile setting up a stall somewhere on Edmiston Drive selling blue handled hari-kari swords.

Morton chairman says if he was a betting man he would bet against Rangers getting in Division 1. He claims tha 3rd Division teams don't want them either. I think this story has still got a long way to run

ginger_rice
29-06-2012, 02:29 PM

Stenhousemuir chairman on the radio saying something similar, looks as though SFL2 is a non starter too.

LancashireHibby
29-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Stenhousemuir chairman on the radio saying something similar, looks as though SFL2 is a non starter too.
Stop the encouraging noises, it's just building my hopes up! :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
29-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Agree with most of this.

Very well said, barcahibs, and if Hibs and other clubs are willing to sacrifice fans like yourself for the sake a few quid, shame on them. If our worst fears are realised, what are our chances of refunds on season tickets?

Jonnyboy
29-06-2012, 06:44 PM
J.C. I know what you are saying mate, but this has moved on from hating rangers more than the club you support, and I am talking about more than just us and Hibernian, I mean every other supporter of every other club in Scotland.
Make no mistake, I hate rangers and everything they have ever stood for, but they are an insignificance in my life compared to supporting Hibernian.

We have stood shoulder to shoulder over the years fighting for the survival of our own club, Hands Off Hibs, Hands ON Hibs, Frustraiton and the fun we had with MHHM, but this now is bigger than just Hibernian, this is about sorting out the corruption that is Scottish Football. Let's not forget that the demise of rangers hugely weakens their bed partner too, the duopoly that strangled the life out of Scottish football for about the last 40 years or more is no longer and we as a club, as part of the rest of the clubs in Scottish football, have the chance to put all the past wrongs to right and have a more equal distribution of the finances in our game.

GGTTH
SEVCO 5088 GTF

You're right MB, things have indeed moved on and it is time to take a stance.

The only thing worrying me was the thought that Hibs could have done everything in their power to ensure Newco didn't get into Division 1 but may have been in a minority and therefore unable to stop it happening. In those circumstances, boycotting Hibs served only to punish the club we all support.

Anyhoo, how about a new pressure group called erm, um Hands up if ye want Rangers tae die :greengrin