PDA

View Full Version : Urgent The newco SPL vote (merged)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Chuck Rhoades
13-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Celtic need Rangers though and they know it. I honestly think they will vote them in in the the hope that it doesn't get found out.

Based on what I have read on Tic forums and from speaking to a head of a CSC - they have to vote no otherwise there will be a very empty Parkhead next season. All CSC's have contacted the club direct apperently to about this issue and asked them to make their vote public.

ancienthibby
13-06-2012, 04:43 PM
I believe there needs to 4 or more no votes to pot the Huns! Can anybody confirm this?

Likewise, don't they need 8 positive votes to go through?

So what if 5 clubs abstain?? That would make it 7?? Yes/No??:greengrin

Pans Hibby
13-06-2012, 04:47 PM
No, but I can see the SPL letting them back with conditions attached. Will be interesting to see if the SFA will suspend or ban them instead of a transfer ban.

Hibs On Tour
13-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Zero point in having rules if they aren't followed. Bad if ignored by clubs, even worse if ignored by the powers that be - who are supposed to be impartial.

Sylar
13-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I believe there needs to 4 or more no votes to pot the Huns! Can anybody confirm this?

They need 8-4 in their favour :agree:

Aberdeen - I'd have thought they were unlikely to vote in favour of Rangers before reading the OP. A good chance to recover some favour after the unpopular decision to move them from Pittodrie to the outskirts of town. The last thing they need is even more fan backlash.

Celtic - Fan backlash against a vote in favour would be huge and no Rangers = x amount of years winning the SPL almost uncontested.

Dundee United - With Thompson in charge, I reckon this will be an obvious "no", particular as Rangers screwed them out of money.

Hearts - screwed over with the Wallace transfer and one of the 2 clubs Romanov blames for all of Scotland's footballing ills. Should be a "no".

Hibs - "sporting integrity" and our own shrewd financial should make this a no brainer.

Inverness - have already suggested they'll sell out and Butcher is a vocal supporter of preserving them.

Kilmarnock - as above. Selling three stands to Celtic last season shows they'll pander to the OF however they can.

Motherwell - I reckon they'll vote in favour of Rangers. Another club who will put £ before honour and McCall is again a vocal supporter of saving them.

Rangers - disgusting that they even get a vote but it's an obvious "yes".

Ross County - don't reckon they have any axe to grind and the lure of 4 visits from Rangers and Celtic per year is probably too big a carrot for them to turn down 2.

St Mirren - Financially pretty secure and I have a vague memory of Danny Lennon being quite vocal about appropriate punishment? Hopefully his chairman feels the same.

St Johnstone - As Inverness and Killie.

DH1875
13-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Yes - Ross County, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Inverness, St Johnstone

No - Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Motherwell

Making it even - unsure about Hearts as whatever happens to Rangers could very well happen to them in the near future.

Motherwell won't vote No :boo hoo:.

Celtic need Rangers though and they know it. I honestly think they will vote them in in the the hope that it doesn't get found out.

It would end up coming out in the end though. No danger they can vote them in. Do you really think they could drop 30,000+ ST holders. Their fans would lynch him and he'd be as popular as Whyte is down Ibrox way.

Green_one
13-06-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd love to know the following:

1) Why the three who have voted yes have done so

Me too!!! I would love to hear a realistic arguement for them staying in. Its a simple NO for me. Reasons

1. They are cheats , liars , bigots and bullies
2. Others have suffered in similar circumstances e.g. Livi and its one rule for all
3. I hates em I does :greengrin
4. I want to see Super Allys face.

hibsbollah
13-06-2012, 08:19 PM
'preferably a protestant team'! :rolleyes:

What does this even mean? :dunno: Would you have to prove you were one of the 6% who regularly attend a protestant church on a Sunday? And isnt the average age 67 or something? Would the huns have a pensionerss team? Brings a whole new meaning to the blue rinse brigade...

twiceinathens
13-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Should they be?
Absolutely not.
Will they be?
Regrettably yes.

Just Alf
13-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Should they be?
Absolutely not.
Will they be?
Regrettably yes.

I also can see them back (as it stands). The chairmen are all going to be asked to vote simply on a newco getting direct access to the SPL..... At least I think that's what's happening from reading the direct quotes from Doncaster et al.

What I keep telling myself tho, is that even with a "yes" vote there's still the transfer embargo thing to be decided, then there's the possibility of FIFA intervention for the court case, on top of that there's the EBTs and double contracts the pain of which is attached to the licence, then there's the sectarian singing (3 counts to be addressed) and even Swallys lynching speech, surely if Pat's pulled up for his gesture (which Suzo also did earlier but seems to be getting off scot free) then that speech should be at least reviewed?

Probably more but I'm still thinking they're ersed on multiple levels

Oh. And according to the SPL rules they also can't sign anyone at all until they've paid the yams

13-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Me too!!! I would love to hear a realistic arguement for them staying in. Its a simple NO for me. Reasons

1. They are cheats , liars , bigots and bullies
2. Others have suffered in similar circumstances e.g. Livi and its one rule for all
3. I hates em I does :greengrin
4. I want to see Super Allys face.

Thats the thing that bugs me the most. When it happened to smaller clubs, they were booted, no questions or debate. But because its "Big old Glasgow Rangers" they should be given special treatment? No i don't think so.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-06-2012, 09:21 PM
All the fans that are saying that they won't go back if a Newco is voted in, have balance that by saying that they will go if they are not. If all the teams get the short-fall in revenue plugged by an upturn in seasons then they come off no worse for Rangers being absent in money terms, but a good bit ahead in football terms as there is no more chance of winning something.

Sylar
13-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Thats the thing that bugs me the most. When it happened to smaller clubs, they were booted, no questions or debate. But because its "Big old Glasgow Rangers" they should be given special treatment? No i don't think so.

I'm pretty sure (and happy to be corrected otherwise) that both Livingston and Gretna never went to the point of liquidation whilst still in the SPL, but that this happened after they were relegated post-administration (in the case of Gretna anyway - Livingston were obviously never liquidated, merely hammered by the SFL for a second bout in administration - something which didn't similarly happen to Dundee when THEY entered administration for the second time).

I don't think there's any other precedent in the SPL for punishing a club who go into liquidation WHILST in the SPL.

heretoday
13-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Great to hear the Huns sporting attitude today. "Okay we'll start in Division 3 and see how the SPL gets on without us ha ha ha."

No thought of apologising and showing a bit of humility. Bunch of crooks.

The Baldmans Comb
13-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Rocks will melt in the sun before I'd like to see that organisation back into the SPL.

Never.

Stevo1875
13-06-2012, 09:33 PM
no chance! i'd continue to go to hibs games when i can, but would never go to any game against :lolrangers:. they're not worth anything to the scottish league if we refuse to pay to watch :lolrangers:

13-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Great to hear the Huns sporting attitude today. "Okay we'll start in Division 3 and see how the SPL gets on without us ha ha ha."

No thought of apologising and showing a bit of humility. Bunch of crooks.

They are not sorry one bit, they feel that it should be everybody else apologising to THEM! The way they carry on feeling sorry for themselves and how they have been unfairly treated etc :blah::yawn:

The day that bunch of bigoted, disgusting mutants show class and dignity is the day pig fly (proberly not even then!)

That horrible club and its arrogant horrible fanbase deserve everything get.

Sir David Gray
13-06-2012, 10:11 PM
I don't know if it's necessarily guaranteed that St Mirren will vote to keep them in, particularly after all the stuff came out a while back about the proposal to possibly buy St Mirren if Rangers did go out of business.

Togs91
13-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I dont understand this voting malarky, if rangers get a vote, thats 12 teams voting. I thought it would be 11, no rangers vote that would mean 4 NO's overrule 7 YES's and 8 overule 3. With rangers boting does this mean we need 5 clubs to vote NO, not 4?

Sir David Gray
13-06-2012, 10:33 PM
I dont understand this voting malarky, if rangers get a vote, thats 12 teams voting. I thought it would be 11, no rangers vote that would mean 4 NO's overrule 7 YES's and 8 overule 3. With rangers boting does this mean we need 5 clubs to vote NO, not 4?

With 12 clubs voting, there needs to be 8 clubs voting in favour of something before it will get passed.

How Rangers get a vote, when they are going to be defunct when this all takes effect next season, is beyond me!

Jonnyboy
13-06-2012, 10:36 PM
With 12 clubs voting, there needs to be 8 clubs voting in favour of something before it will get passed.

How Rangers get a vote, when they are going to be defunct when this all takes effect next season, is beyond me!

It's a weird one, right enough. I'm guessing that despite what might happen to them, they are still in the SPL going into the meeting

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 11:00 PM
The new Rangers already have a shirt sponsor.

http://www.robot-food.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1001.png

GORDONSMITH7
14-06-2012, 12:21 AM
I cannot add the attachment here so Admins permitting as we are all singing from the same hymn sheet........

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4672&d=1339629320

BIG G

St. Pat's

AlbertK86
14-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Let's hope Rod sticks to his word !!

The worry is he is so money orientated but I have a feeling he may stick to his guns o. This one

joe breezy
14-06-2012, 05:34 AM
Let's hope Rod sticks to his word !!

The worry is he is so money orientated but I have a feeling he may stick to his guns o. This one

If he's money orientated maybe he would like to see Hibs fans go back to games and avoid being boycotted by other teams fans too such a Celtic and Aberdeen?

joe breezy
14-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Should they be?
Absolutely not.
Will they be?
Regrettably yes.

Really?

dodemac
14-06-2012, 05:48 AM
If they are in then I am out.

gegs70
14-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Division 3 for them. If they were in last place and relegated would they vote on whether they should be relegated because they bring so much money to the spl....i dont think so dort it out spl...

007 Mickey Weir
14-06-2012, 07:06 AM
I cannot add the attachment here so Admins permitting as we are all singing from the same hymn sheet........

BIG G

St. Pat's

I don't have a bounce log in. What does it say?

LancsHibs
14-06-2012, 07:11 AM
A deal will be done and new Rangers will play in Division 1 next season! Reasons for this:

1. It will be seen to appease both camps those that wish to see the Huns expelled from he SPL and those desperate for he cash as it could well only be for 1 season
2. There will be a vote on SPL reconstruction increasing league to 14 for 2013-14 therefore almost guaranteeing newRFC promotion by the back door and appeasing the current Div 1 clubs with a promotion of at least one of their current member clubs and a windfall of increased crowds and media coverage for a season for all clubs.
3. It would prevent a admin headache for the SFL who would have to make a decision on rearranging clubs in all 3 divisions if Huns were dropped onto Div 3. If Rangers were in Div 1 it would be a straight forward swap for Dundee/Dunfermline
4. Would prevent the nightmare of Huns visiting small towns & stadiums just not equipped for it, I.e. Annan or Coatbridge, it would be a policing nightmare

Watch this space...

Caversham Green
14-06-2012, 07:13 AM
It's not that difficult, a newco Rangers can only be viewed by the football authorities in one of two ways:

1. A completely new club. This is the business approach and means there are no links to the previous entity - that's how they can walk away from the huge debts the old club racked up. A completely new club is by definition not one of Scotland's leading football clubs - which is a requirement for SPL membership - and therefore has no place in the SPL. Indeed it is not a football club at all until it actually plays a game.

2. A continuation of the old club. At the moment this has SPL membership, but it awaits a decision on SFA sanctions for bringing the game into disrepute. The only appropriate sanction available now is suspension, which would mean the club cannot fulfil its SPL fixtures. On top of that there's the investigation into 'dual contracts' which, on the evidence available so far, can only have one conclusion. This is far more serious than the disrepute charges and mustresult in expulsion from the SPL if the league wishes to carry any authority and credibility into the future.

There is no logical or legal basis for a Rangers newco to play in the SPL next season, and given the overwhelming opposition voiced by fans of all other SPL clubs there is now no commercial basis either.

In other words,

NO.

marinello59
14-06-2012, 07:13 AM

BIG G

St. Pat's

Here you go G.

Caversham Green
14-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Can I suggest that the guys who did the earlier survey now produce a petition - split if possible into individual clubs - stating that we do not believe that newco Rangers should be allowed into the SPL and will consider non-attendance or other action if they should be allowed in.

That would give clubs an idea of the number of fans they might lose if they let RFC in.

GordonHFC
14-06-2012, 07:48 AM

Can someone answer me this:

If a vote were to be taken tomorrow then how can it be right that a club that shortly wont exist can vote for a club that currently doesn't exist :confused:

HFC07
14-06-2012, 07:55 AM
this whole process makes the SPL look like a joke.
they should of had the back bone to do what need to be done months ago and stop extending deadline and dragging out the inevitable.

They have looked at every possible loop hole and are still in administration - we all know they should of been relegated I just hope the rest of the SPL think so.

Every body says if rangers get relegated we will suffer financially, however nobody can put a cost against it - How much will Hibs stand to loose should Rangers be relegated?

007 Mickey Weir
14-06-2012, 08:03 AM
A deal will be done and new Rangers will play in Division 1 next season! Reasons for this:

1. It will be seen to appease both camps those that wish to see the Huns expelled from he SPL and those desperate for he cash as it could well only be for 1 season
2. There will be a vote on SPL reconstruction increasing league to 14 for 2013-14 therefore almost guaranteeing newRFC promotion by the back door and appeasing the current Div 1 clubs with a promotion of at least one of their current member clubs and a windfall of increased crowds and media coverage for a season for all clubs.
3. It would prevent a admin headache for the SFL who would have to make a decision on rearranging clubs in all 3 divisions if Huns were dropped onto Div 3. If Rangers were in Div 1 it would be a straight forward swap for Dundee/Dunfermline
4. Would prevent the nightmare of Huns visiting small towns & stadiums just not equipped for it, I.e. Annan or Coatbridge, it would be a policing nightmare

Watch this space...

This sounds the most sensible solution all round. Might even see the SPL2 pushed through

Saorsa
14-06-2012, 08:12 AM
This sounds the most sensible solution all round. Might even see the SPL2 pushed throughI doesn't sound sensible tae me, it sounds like another fudge. It winnae appease me or a lot of others, as far as I'm concerned they get kicked out and start at the bottom or I winnae be back.

fit o' the walk
14-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Just read in one of the daily rags,a Sky rep,"The deal was dependant on 4 Old Firm games a season,we would maybe consider a 1 year absence but not 3yrs"....I think it's a disgrace the way Sky are treating their Scottish subscribers with contempt,while virtually condoning a company that has committed fraud. Nothing much at all has been mentioned on tv about Skys possible pull out of the deal,i think it's about time the rest of the world knows about Skys possible actions and pressure brought to bear on Sky.......

bawheid
14-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Just read in one of the daily rags,a Sky rep,"The deal was dependant on 4 Old Firm games a season,we would maybe consider a 1 year absence but not 3yrs"....I think it's a disgrace the way Sky are treating their Scottish subscribers with contempt,while virtually condoning a company that has committed fraud. Nothing much at all has been mentioned on tv about Skys possible pull out of the deal,i think it's about time the rest of the world knows about Skys possible actions and pressure brought to bear on Sky.......

The Sky / EPL bubble was inflated again yesterday with the announcement of the new £3bn deal. The cost will be passed onto subscribers. I got rid of Sky Sports a long long time ago. It's killing sport in this country and anyone who subscribes is also subscribing to this "Scottish football needs Rangers" nonsense.

Looking forward to the bubble going pop.

Andy74
14-06-2012, 08:38 AM
I doesn't sound sensible tae me, it soulds like another fudge. It winnae appease me or a lot of others, as far as I'm concerned they get kicked out and start at the bottom or I winnae be back.

I don't think it's possible either.

SPL is membership based and has the power just to say yes or no. Once they say no it is not an SPL problem.

The SFL would then have a space as the SPL will invite Dundee to join the SPL. It's then up to the SFL who to accept into their leagues but I think they have clear rules on starting at the bottom division.

I don't think there is any way that there will be any league reconstuction possible at this point to change any of those current simple rules.

GORDONSMITH7
14-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Here you go G.

Thanks amigo. Completely hopeless at this techy stuff. Too auld! Make no doubt about it that Rangers arms of influence within the SPL which are considerable and unrelenting propaganda of the media, rag newspapers and bias radio pundits will be unswervingly united in putting every argument forward to have Rangers in the SPL next season. Fans from all other teams have to get tough on this and show that the so called financial argument by certain Chairmen do not stack up and will not stack up if they choose to go down this route.

BIG G

007 Mickey Weir
14-06-2012, 08:48 AM

SPL is membership based and has the power just to say yes or no. Once they say no it is not an SPL problem.

The SFL would then have a space as the SPL will invite Dundee to join the SPL. It's then up to the SFL who to accept into their leagues but I think they have clear rules on starting at the bottom division.

I don't think there is any way that there will be any league reconstuction possible at this point to change any of those current simple rules.

Money talks. Rangers are relegated out of SPL so that is them doing the right thing. rangers strike a TV deal with SFL for Div1 highlights (maybe even 2 and 3 as well for a nominal fee) if they replace Dundee. SFL sponsorship goes up so they have more cash and keep there member clubs happy. The league expansion in SPL means they also have a better chance of promotion to SPL.

Rangers are banned from Scottish cup and Europe for 3 seasons. Ordered to pay outstanding debts to any Scottish club.

I hate to say it but this is a compromise that does see Rangers punished.

LancsHibs
14-06-2012, 08:51 AM

You may well be right re league reconstruction but I still think deals are being made to put newRFC in the 1st Division, it would be a simple solution for the SFL admistatively (straight swap for Dundee), it would appease a lot of people without 'losing face' or claiming outright victory/defeat on the subject! I see that Sky are now agreeing with this option!!!
Not that I necessarily agree with it, personally I would be happy to see them die:aok:

Hainan Hibs
14-06-2012, 09:01 AM
The word comprimise shouldn't come into it. Any comprimise tells Rangers that they still have the rest of Scotland bent over taking it and they can do as they please.

Get them tae the 3rd division and start making real changes to Scottish football.

Tell Sky to shove their threats as well along with their 12pm Sunday kick offs. We might start encouraging more crowds at the games with more 3pm kick offs.

Sylar
14-06-2012, 09:24 AM

So what happens if they're punted to the first division and don't come back up immediately?

The SPL should grow a spine and tell Sky to piss off - our game needs rebuilding and pandering to Rangers in such a way whilst blackmailing the SPL with a financial carrot is morally bankrupt.

I cancelled my subscription to Sky Sports as the season crept towards the end, in order to save me a bit of money over the summer months when there's very little on of interest for me. I won't be taking the subscription back if they have a hand in the punishment which is meted out to Rangers.

Nevi1875
14-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Big NO they have bent scotland over for years

If they do I will not be turning up to games against them

Captain Trips
14-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Rangers for years have tried to play in England so clearly have/had not a care for SPL, now they need the SPL. Just remember chairmen they would drop you in a flash if they had chance.

We cannot survive without them? Ok well lets see if it is true then, lets see exactly what happens to league without them we have heard for years that the OF are the game, well lets see what happens without them. The biggest fear some folk will have is that the league is fine without them.

Kick them out lets see who is right if we do need them, I will apologise and agree we did need them if the game collapases, I though have no worries on that happening.

I think people are scared that the league would be fine without them, how the mighty Rangers are the bread and butter of the game. If all is ok Rangers and probaly Celtic have lost all leverage.

Hibee87
14-06-2012, 11:22 AM
If a team is liquidated what is the proceess and what is taken into consideration when teams apply to join the league?

What im saying is, WE the SPL chairmen, dont have the right to send rangers to the third divison. We have the right to kick them out te SPL and the would then need to re apply to the SFL to start in division 3. On this assumption they wont be the only team wanting in - Spartans being the team on my mind who were rejected last time when gretna got kicked out. I assume Spartans and prop a few more non league teams will re apply, whas to stop them getting in over a newco rangers :wink:

Everyman and his dug know ranger will get back in no prob I just want to know the process should any other team also try to enter?

The Sea-gull
14-06-2012, 11:29 AM
I've been doing a bit of reading online on this as it now looks like this is what it will come to. The New Co needs yes votes from 8 SPL clubs to be admitted to the league for next season. Bizarrely, Rangers themselves get a vote so there is one of the 8 straight away. Have been reading some comments by other clubs and it is easier to see how some will vote than it is for others. Many it seems have not decided yet. Here is how it looks:-

Aberdeen - Not a lot been said by the club but 97% of their fans think Rangers should be demoted to thrid division. Can Aberdeen, a club currently viewed with the same level of contempt by their fans as us, afford to go against them? Seem to be undecided.

Celtic - Cash benefits of Rangers are huge for them but seem to be giving off a "hahahaha you get what you deserve" vibe on the situation. Seem to be undecided.

Dundee United - Chairman seems torn on which way to vote as he seems passionate about integrity but recognises the cash deficit. Seem to be undecided.

Hearts - Get the impression they feel Rangers have been punished enough and will also be mindful that they could find themselves in a similar situation at some point. Think they will vote yes.

Hibernian - As we all know, not a club to see money being wasted and if Rangers being in SPL is best financially then could be tempted to vote yes. That said Rod has been really strong on his comments re integrity and the board need some good PR. I think we will vote no.

Inverness - Going to consult fans. Got a feeling that many ICT fans will have Huns links of some sort. Seem to be undecided.

Kilmarnock - Chairman has already gone on record as saying Rangers have been punished enough. Think they will vote yes.

Motherwell - Sounds like they plan to consult fans. Still seem undecided.

Ross County - Could be thinking this might be their only season in the SPL for a while so may wish to cash in and have at least one home game v Rangers. Think they will vote yes.

St Johnstone - Don't seem to have said much but are another club who does not like to see money being wasted. Think they could vote yes with sanctions included.

St Mirren - Are about to get new owners who are said not to have a St Mirren background. This does not mean they have a Rangers background of course but there have been some dodgy rumours going around. Think they might vote yes.

So reading between the lines it seems that there could be yes votes from Rangers, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Johnstone and St Mirren. That would be six. It then means that they would need two of the other clubs to vote yes.

I would say that at this moment in time I would only be confident in Hibs voting no. Lets just say though that Aberdeen, Dundee United and Celtic all grow a pair and vote no. That would leave Rangers requiring yes votes from both Inverness and Motherwell.

It could be touch and go but I have a feeling that the new co might just get voted in with sanctions in place. I for one would definitely not be happy if anything resembling Rangers is part of the SPL next season.

Pretty Boy
14-06-2012, 11:29 AM
It costs a lot of money to put together a bid for SFL membership.

I can't see a club like Spartans wasting money when, if Rangers are also applying, the result is a formality.

Edit. I'm sure its a vote of all SFL chairman over who gets the place.

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Reports this morning suggest Aberdeen are a "no". I think the only votes the Huns can rely on are their own (shocking that they'll be allowed a vote), Killie and Hearts. Of the others I think:

Definite no:

Hibs - have little to lose from Huns demise. Have a lot to lose if precedent of newco clubs shedding debt is established.
Aberdeen - terrified of boycott by fanbase that hates the Huns par excellence and aren't too happy with their own club.
Celtic - lose OF deals, gain free run at the Champions League plus fanbase pressure.

Lean no:

Dundee Utd - see Aberdeen only a bit less so. Dundee back in the SPL means losses minimised for them.
Motherwell - fan takeover in progress so fans have a strong voice.
St Mirren - see Well

Definite yes:

Huns - :rolleyes:
Hearts - need the precedent of newco shedding debt.
Killie - see Hearts.

Lean yes:

St Johnstone - suggested yes but want sanctions. Attitudes have generally hardened since then, hopefully theirs too.

Unknown:

ICT - Butcher made pro-Hun noise but chairman says will consult fans.
Ross County - heedrum hoedrum, ****** if I know.

Steve20
14-06-2012, 11:43 AM
There is no way they'll get back in. Sky pulling out is one thing but look at all the people saying they won't go back if their club votes them in. Clubs will have to take that seriously.

Division 3 is where they'll end up.

IFONLY
14-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I've been doing a bit of reading online on this as it now looks like this is what it will come to. The New Co needs yes votes from 8 SPL clubs to be admitted to the league for next season. Bizarrely, Rangers themselves get a vote so there is one of the 8 straight away. Have been reading some comments by other clubs and it is easier to see how some will vote than it is for others. Many it seems have not decided yet. Here is how it looks:-

Aberdeen - Not a lot been said by the club but 97% of their fans think Rangers should be demoted to thrid division. Can Aberdeen, a club currently viewed with the same level of contempt by their fans as us, afford to go against them? Seem to be undecided.

Celtic - Cash benefits of Rangers are huge for them but seem to be giving off a "hahahaha you get what you deserve" vibe on the situation. Seem to be undecided.

Dundee United - Chairman seems torn on which way to vote as he seems passionate about integrity but recognises the cash deficit. Seem to be undecided.

Hearts - Get the impression they feel Rangers have been punished enough and will also be mindful that they could find themselves in a similar situation at some point. Think they will vote yes.

Hibernian - As we all know, not a club to see money being wasted and if Rangers being in SPL is best financially then could be tempted to vote yes. That said Rod has been really strong on his comments re integrity and the board need some good PR. I think we will vote no.

Inverness - Going to consult fans. Got a feeling that many ICT fans will have Huns links of some sort. Seem to be undecided.

Kilmarnock - Chairman has already gone on record as saying Rangers have been punished enough. Think they will vote yes.

Motherwell - Sounds like they plan to consult fans. Still seem undecided.

Ross County - Could be thinking this might be their only season in the SPL for a while so may wish to cash in and have at least one home game v Rangers. Think they will vote yes.

St Johnstone - Don't seem to have said much but are another club who does not like to see money being wasted. Think they could vote yes with sanctions included.

St Mirren - Are about to get new owners who are said not to have a St Mirren background. This does not mean they have a Rangers background of course but there have been some dodgy rumours going around. Think they might vote yes.

So reading between the lines it seems that there could be yes votes from Rangers, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Johnstone and St Mirren. That would be six. It then means that they would need two of the other clubs to vote yes.

I would say that at this moment in time I would only be confident in Hibs voting no. Lets just say though that Aberdeen, Dundee United and Celtic all grow a pair and vote no. That would leave Rangers requiring yes votes from both Inverness and Motherwell.

It could be touch and go but I have a feeling that the new co might just get voted in with sanctions in place. I for one would definitely not be happy if anything resembling Rangers is part of the SPL next season.

Why does it have to be 8 votes? I take it that this rule is in the constitution. Surely a majority vote should be correct way. I have a feeling that the vote will go the newco way and not the way the majority of non Rangers fans want it to go, and they will be allowed to ply their trade in the SPL. This will IMO further damage the already tarnished reputation of our league.Money is god to most club chairmen who cant see further than the next bank balance. They say they will listen to what the fans want. I dont doubt that but that doesnt mean to say that they will vote that way. The S.P.L. is doomed.

GORDONSMITH7
14-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Here you go G.

A prompt and encouraging response from Scott Lindsay received this morning.

Dear Gordon,

Thanks for the letter addressed to Rod from your branch. I can assure you that the Chairman will be shown the letter but thought it best to respond to you directly on his behalf.

A large number of supporters and groups have made their views known and these views have been consistently and clearly expressed. The Board will of course take those views into consideration when the time for decisions arrives. A meeting between members of the Board and representatives of various supporters groups (including HSA) also took place on Wednesday 13th June. This provided a further opportunity for a clear and frank exchange of views.

Our Chairman has already made clear that our Club believes that sporting integrity must be placed at the centre of any decision-making.

There are further investigations which remain to be concluded into the conduct of Rangers and we hope that these matters can also be brought to a conclusion as quickly as possible.

The matter needs to be dealt with to allow clubs like Hibernian, who have consistently conducted themselves in a proper manner, to get on with the business of playing football and competing in a fair SPL competition in 2012/13.

Thank you once again for contacting the Club. Your views are clearly understood.

Regards

Scott Lindsay

Gatecrasher
14-06-2012, 11:52 AM
So what happens if they're punted to the first division and don't come back up immediately?

The SPL should grow a spine and tell Sky to piss off - our game needs rebuilding and pandering to Rangers in such a way whilst blackmailing the SPL with a financial carrot is morally bankrupt.

I cancelled my subscription to Sky Sports as the season crept towards the end, in order to save me a bit of money over the summer months when there's very little on of interest for me. I won't be taking the subscription back if they have a hand in the punishment which is meted out to Rangers.

Their Scottish football coverage is pish, their NFL coverage is pish. they are not getting a penny from me.

Hibs Class
14-06-2012, 11:56 AM
In a similar vein, should other clubs e.g. Dunfermline or Dundee apply to the SPL now? I can see two advantages - firstly when the relevant meeting takes place the clubs have a clear choice between newco huns and any other applicants ( as opposed to a take them or leave them choice in respect of newco) and secondly it would be better if the meeting ends with clarity over who is in the SPL next season (as opposed to a realisation of "we've rejected newco - where do we go from here?")

The_Exile
14-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Where is this "8" coming from? I thought it was an 11-1 voting system up here so they'd need 11 clubs to say yes, or have the just changed it to give them a better chance of getting in?

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Where is this "8" coming from? I thought it was an 11-1 voting system up here so they'd need 11 clubs to say yes, or have the just changed it to give them a better chance of getting in?

The SPL has 3 different voting mechanisms depending on what category the resolution falls into, 11-1 for a few, mainly financial things, 10-2 for the 2nd category, 8-4 for the rest.

The "transfer of share" vote is following an amendment to the rules to take the decision out of the hands of the SPL board and into the hands of the clubs. The precise rule changes haven't been made public but Doncaster stated an 8-4 majority would be needed for the transfer to take place.

Part/Time Supporter
14-06-2012, 12:11 PM
In a similar vein, should other clubs e.g. Dunfermline or Dundee apply to the SPL now? I can see two advantages - firstly when the relevant meeting takes place the clubs have a clear choice between newco huns and any other applicants ( as opposed to a take them or leave them choice in respect of newco) and secondly it would be better if the meeting ends with clarity over who is in the SPL next season (as opposed to a realisation of "we've rejected newco - where do we go from here?")

Any club interested in playing in SPL 2012/13 had to apply before the end of March (due to the stadium rules). Therefore Dunfermline, Dundee and Falkirk will have already applied, because they still had a chance of being in a league position where they would be eligible.

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2012, 12:12 PM

Dundee have already applied. :wink:

Wembley67
14-06-2012, 12:14 PM
What is the newco came back in and said it will split it's tv profits equally with the rest of the clubs?

Part/Time Supporter
14-06-2012, 12:15 PM

It used to be 11-1 for everything. Ironically, it was the threatened resignation by the 10 diddy clubs (opposed by Rangers and Celtic) that allowed for some issues to be decided by smaller majorities. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/1931985.stm)

Cocohibby
14-06-2012, 12:36 PM
No from me. Financial irregularities and mismanagement should not go unpunished. Have some balls, take a stand and we will all be better off in the long run.

JeMeSouviens
14-06-2012, 12:50 PM
What is the newco came back in and said it will split it's tv profits equally with the rest of the clubs?

We tell it to **** off, then we change the tv split anyway as Celtc can't stop it on their own. :wink:

Kaiser1962
14-06-2012, 12:51 PM
No. Not under any circumstances.

We have years of pain due to the prudent fiscal management of the club. Rangers directors should now be putting all their efforts and resources into avoiding jail, which is where they deserve to be.

Following a meeting yesterday with our wages/taxation people (i usually sleep) it seems they are not so sure that the players/beneficiaries of the supposed EBT payments (which werent) are off scott free yet either. Watch this space (apparently).

frazeHFC
14-06-2012, 12:52 PM
99%+ say no, pretty one way. :greengrin

H18sry
14-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Hearts have had discussions with Rangers and in return for a 'yes' vote they have been assured of the Lee Wallace money.

David Southern is in Lithuania now asking for a response from Vlad on this and who next manager should be.

Very soild info. :grr::grr:

green glory
14-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Hearts have had discussions with Rangers and in return for a 'yes' vote they have been assured of the Lee Wallace money.

David Southern is in Lithuania now asking for a response from Vlad on this and who next manager should be.

Hun filth and Jambo filth. Two filths from the same filthy filth-pod.

Utter filth!

Spike Mandela
14-06-2012, 01:46 PM

Not surprising if true. Self interest will win at every club but was a no brainer at the Tynecastle cesspit. Will be interesting to hear other creditors views on this including Rapid Vienna.

I wonder if their fans coulb be so easily bought on this decision as well.

Wembley67
14-06-2012, 01:47 PM
We tell it to **** off, then we change the tv split anyway as Celtc can't stop it on their own. :wink:

I'm liking your logic!

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Hearts will vote yes, in the understanding that Rangers do the same for them, when it is their turn.

Houchy
14-06-2012, 01:58 PM
I voted no as, the way I see it, They've been spending money the don't have and they knew all about it so they've effectively been caught with their hands in the till.

Livi were pumped into the 3rd division for not being able to pay their bills whereas Gretna just ceased to be IIRC for being in exactly the same boat. They're getting to keep Murray and Ibrox due to some jiggery pokery of the rules. Allowing them back into the SPL effectively lets them off scott free:agree:

If they were to get back into the SPL with some kind of financial package due to the other teams, there may be some negotiation can be done but as they're skint, there's no chance of that happening so the only option is :bye: and good riddance:agree:.

Sylar
14-06-2012, 02:20 PM

Morality is worth a lot more than £800k (or whatever the exact amount they're due actually is).

I can't see Hearts fans being particularly pleased if this was to come to fruition, as their poll suggests they also want to see Rangers properly hammered.

IFONLY
14-06-2012, 02:30 PM

Not saying your wrong, but where do you think they are going to magic £700,000 from?

LancashireHibby
14-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Not saying your wrong, but where do you think they are going to magic £700,000 from?
Rangers have already proven that they're not above paying their debts or indeed outright lying, and if it assures them a 'yes' vote that they're all the more likely to try it - just depends whether the Yams take the bait or not.

H18sry
14-06-2012, 02:46 PM

It will come from a beneficiary and not Rangers fund's :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2012, 03:10 PM
It will come from a beneficiary and not Rangers fund's :wink:

I hope that the other Creditors are made aware of this, as it seems Derhun are buying votes now.....

They really are a shower of pond life, correction so are the yams......

theonlywayisup
14-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Voted no..........and if the Newco are allowed to enter direct into the SPL it will be "ta ta from me".

After 10 years as a ST holder at Easter Road, plus a follower for many seasons before then, I will not attend another SPL game. My first love of golf will become my main interest again.

Yesterday, I had a Rangers fan say to me that Scottish football will be dead if the Newco is not playing in the SPL. I said it would be dead, if they allowed them back in.

He said, but how can you take 44,000 fans away from the SPL that would kill Scottish Football, compared to (say) only 20,000 that would walk away from other clubs if the Newco was playing in the SPL.

It really annoys me when they seem to equate Rangers FC = Scottish Football. So I said, so you would be happy with the non-Infirm teams becoming weaker, just to let the Newco play in the SPL. He said yes! I said that I really fail to see how that is for the best of Scottish Football. He could not see my point of view, so we agreed to differ!

Saorsa
14-06-2012, 05:10 PM
You may well be right re league reconstruction but I still think deals are being made to put newRFC in the 1st Division, it would be a simple solution for the SFL admistatively (straight swap for Dundee), it would appease a lot of people without 'losing face' or claiming outright victory/defeat on the subject! I see that Sky are now agreeing with this option!!!
Not that I necessarily agree with it, personally I would be happy to see them die:aok:If they agree a deal with the SFL tae slither intae the 1st division the SPL should refuse tae allow them tae be promoted and let the 2nd place team in. The huns must be out of the top division for a minimum of 3 seasons.

p.s. **** Sky TV

Diclonius
14-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Why have the media ignored the fact that this vote - due to take place today - has suddenly just not happened? Does Rangers becoming a newco "postpone" it again? :confused:

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 06:19 PM
I have voted NO!!
my reasons are many but the main points,

1 Rangers went to civil court brought the SFA and SPL into disrepute with FIFA that could effect all Scottish clubs and national team.
2 they have brought all this on them selves with greed
3 why should honest working people be charged by HMRC for tax avoidence and Ranger stry to get a way with it
4 remember Livingston and Gretna.

there are many more reasons for my no vote but the forums only hold so much and other members could prob add a lot more.

once more Rangers brought this on them selves why should they eat their cake as well.

Sylar
14-06-2012, 06:21 PM
I have voted NO!!
my reasons are many but the main points,

1 Rangers went to civil court brought the SFA and SPL into disrepute with FIFA that could effect all Scottish clubs and national team.
2 they have brought all this on them selves with greed
3 why should honest working people be charged by HMRC for tax avoidence and Ranger stry to get a way with it
4 remember Livingston and Gretna.

there are many more reasons for my no vote but the forums only hold so much and other members could prob add a lot more.

once more Rangers brought this on them selves why should they eat their cake as well.

Mostly agree, but I wish people would quit trying to use Livingston and Gretna as examples as to why Rangers should not be re-admitted. Neither of these clubs left the SPL as a result of being liquidated.

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Mostly agree, but I wish people would quit trying to use Livingston and Gretna as examples as to why Rangers should not be re-admitted. Neither of these clubs left the SPL as a result of being liquidated.

Gretna facing liquidation after final bidder withdraws

'In the circumstances we anticipate losing Third Division status'

only showing that the SFA and others deemed Gretna to be insolvent so the point is valid. Rangers are doomed if all the chairmen and SFA have the baws to say no to them...but bet u any thing the wallets will go twang and they vote yes.

S.sct
14-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Can people please give there reasons for voting they way they have it would be interesting to know.

Admin's can you please leave this as a separate thread, to gauge our fan's feeling's before I forward the results to our board :thumbsup:

Because.....

Sylar
14-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Gretna facing liquidation after final bidder withdraws

'In the circumstances we anticipate losing Third Division status'

only showing that the SFA and others deemed Gretna to be insolvent so the point is valid. Rangers are doomed if all the chairmen and SFA have the baws to say no to them...but bet u any thing the wallets will go twang and they vote yes.

Gretna had already been relegated on points from the SPL and subsequently went into liquidation post-relegation.

They hadn't been liquidated by the end of the season (despite that everyone could see the inevitability of it) and thus the SPL got to wash their hands of Gretna and it became an issue for the SFL.

So no, there really is no precedent for what is currently happening.

IWasThere2016
14-06-2012, 07:59 PM

Source? PM me if you can, R.

Chibs
14-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Voted no because it's morrally wrong

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 08:07 PM
when Graham souness became manager of Rangers he started this stupid buying spree that all other clubs joined in with, then along come dick advocate who spent £72mil on players 12 mil of which went on tores andre flo. what happend other clubs bought washed up players that cost a fortune just to keep in the hunt. (that never worked). Hibs suffered for this stupidity along with the other clubs. all eccept the two 50%ers from Glasgow.

who are the mad clubs that let this happen to Scottish football, a vote on the new SPL was held by all the top clubs they all agreed to the details that included 50% of all sponsership monies going to the so called big two while the rest shared the remaining 50% , then alonmg comes mr nice guy lets start our own academy we will coach young boys who can then come and play in the 1st team after two seasons the big too come along and pay peanuts for the youngsters, oh the joys we now feeder clubs.

no wonder Rangers and Celtic want to keep the status quo that the other chairmen gave them at the begining.

now we find out that Rangers have been bad boys and diddling the books etc....(celtic had a biscuit tin(Rangers it seems have a kettle with a hole in it)) who is to say that if HMRC find crap in Rangers accounts that they dont go to court and ask for access to all the SPL clubs book records how many more will be going down the swanee.

my main cripe is this. when it came to the begining all the other clubs let them selves to be told what to do by the promise of the never never land in financial benifits where are those benifits when it has been proven by the Aberdeen supporters that only another 300 season tickets will solve the demise of Rangers fromn the SPL how can any chairmen come back and say hey if we lose Rangers we will be worse off.

my view is no Rangers then more compitition for the 2nd spot for Europe more people coming through the gates (reduce the admittence) ok Celtic will win one or two more league titles but after that then it will be a even playing field more money going to the other clubs more people coming to watch the games more at stake league positon payments more people watching the games at home matches. never never land financial wise is looming ok the Rangers support wont be happy (when are they ever) but then the paying public from the other clubs will be a chance for their team to sample Euro nights in what ever compitition.

also we should go to a cap on wages. a certain amount per seaseon to be paid out on wages say 10mil 3 mil for wages and the rest for buying players, give the youth academy's a chance to prove there worth and also this will help the national team to.

the thefifer a flustered man who hopes Rangers get there just reward and get booted into non league football and give other non league teams a chance to taste the big leagues, why oh why should Rangers just be put into the 3rd division. they have fiddled and burnt went to civil court when the league position was clear on that point no civil court, they have run roughshod over the league the SFA FIFA and the supporters of there own club and other clubs.

phew nice top get that off my chest

lapsedhibee
14-06-2012, 08:12 PM
when Graham souness became manager of Rangers he started this stupid buying spree that all other clubs joined in with, then along come dick advocate who spent £72mil on players 12 mil of which went on torres.

Bargain! Just scored his second of the night at the Euros!

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2012, 08:18 PM
when Graham souness became manager of Rangers he started this stupid buying spree that all other clubs joined in with, then along come dick advocate who spent £72mil on players 12 mil of which went on torres. what happend other clubs bought washed up players that cost a fortune just to keep in the hunt. (that never worked). Hibs suffered for this stupidity along with the other clubs. all eccept the two 50%ers from Glasgow.

who are the mad clubs that let this happen to Scottish football, a vote on the new SPL was held by all the top clubs they all agreed to the details that included 50% of all sponsership monies going to the so called big two while the rest shared the remaining 50% , then alonmg comes mr nice guy lets start our own academy we will coach young boys who can then come and play in the 1st team after two seasons the big too come along and pay peanuts for the youngsters, oh the joys we now feeder clubs.

no wonder Rangers and Celtic want to keep the status quo that the other chairmen gave them at the begining.

now we find out that Rangers have been bad boys and diddling the books etc....(celtic had a biscuit tin(Rangers it seems have a kettle with a hole in it)) who is to say that if HMRC find crap in Rangers accounts that they dont go to court and ask for access to all the SPL clubs book records how many more will be going down the swanee.

my main cripe is this. when it came to the begining all the other clubs let them selves to be told what to do by the promise of the never never land in financial benifits where are those benifits when it has been proven by the Aberdeen supporters that only another 300 season tickets will solve the demise of Rangers fromn the SPL how can any chairmen come back and say hey if we lose Rangers we will be worse off.

my view is no Rangers then more compitition for the 2nd spot for Europe more people coming through the gates (reduce the admittence) ok Celtic will win one or two more league titles but after that then it will be a even playing field more money going to the other clubs more people coming to watch the games more at stake league positon payments more people watching the games at home matches. never never land financial wise is looming ok the Rangers support wont be happy (when are they ever) but then the paying public from the other clubs will be a chance for their team to sample Euro nights in what ever compitition.

also we should go to a cap on wages. a certain amount per seaseon to be paid out on wages say 10mil 3 mil for wages and the rest for buying players, give the youth academy's a chance to prove there worth and also this will help the national team to.

the thefifer a flustered man who hopes Rangers get there just reward and get booted into non league football and give other non league teams a chance to taste the big leagues, why oh why should Rangers just be put into the 3rd division. they have fiddled and burnt went to civil court when the league position was clear on that point no civil court, they have run roughshod over the league the SFA FIFA and the supporters of there own club and other clubs.

phew nice top get that off my chest

Torres?

Tore Andre Flo perhaps!

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 08:19 PM
:not worth:na na::faf:
Torres?

Tore Andre Flo perhaps!

nice recovery on spelling lol and yes thats him

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2012, 08:21 PM
:not worth:na na::faf:

nice recovery on spelling lol

Love it when people try to pretend! :greengrin

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Love it when people try to pretend!

it just had to be a scouser that picked me up didnt it lol

checks back pocket phew wallets still there...lmao

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2012, 08:25 PM

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
14-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Not sure how you work out that by selling 300 season tickets it would compensate for not having Rangers in the SPL.

Don't get me wrong I don't even want them in Scottish football. It's just your sums I'm not so sure about.

Glad you feel better now. :aok:

PS Where would Aberdeen get another 300 season ticket holders from?

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2012, 08:29 PM

checks back pocket phew wallets still there...lmao

Yes cloned the cards and put them back, wait until your next statement!

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Not sure how you work out that by selling 300 season tickets it would compensate for not having Rangers in the SPL.

Don't get me wrong I don't even want them in Scottish football. It's just your sums I'm not so sure about.

Glad you feel better now. :aok:

PS Where would Aberdeen get another 300 season ticket holders from?

its not me it was a letter to the aberdeen suport that says that. any way nice shirt on ur pic is that a hint that u know Rangers are going down to non league football:cb

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Yes cloned the cards and put them back, wait until your next statement!

hahahaha love it...but to late wife got in 1st nothing left

iwasthere1972
14-06-2012, 08:33 PM
its not me it was a letter to the aberdeen suport that says that. any way nice shirt on ur pic is that a hint that u know Rangers are going down to non league football:cb

Ah right. I thought you were just agreeing with it.

No I don't know what's happening to Rangers except the new Rangers already have a shirt sponsor. Link below.

http://www.robot-food.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1001.png

iwasthere1972
14-06-2012, 08:35 PM
hahahaha love it...but to late wife got in 1st nothing left

Takes me back to when I had my credit cards stolen. I didn't bother reporting it to the bank/police because the thief was spending less than her indoors was. :agree:

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Takes me back to when I had my credit cards stolen. I didn't bother reporting it to the bank/police because the thief was spending less than her indoors was. :agree:

god i wish some one would steal mine, i self employed and wife spends it like it going out of fashion

14-06-2012, 10:02 PM
99.29% not in favour of huns being immediately reinstated back into the SPL - Petrie take note!

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2012, 10:31 PM
99.29% not in favour of huns being immediately reinstated back into the SPL - Petrie take note!

I believe Hibs will vote against the Newco gaining SPL status, the other clubs however?? I get the feeling the Newco will get back in easily

Sir David Gray
14-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I believe Hibs will vote against the Newco gaining SPL status, the other clubs however?? I get the feeling the Newco will get back in easily

Based on statements that have been released etc, I think Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee Utd and Hibs are all likely to vote against the new Rangers being admitted to the SPL.

That means that only one from the other seven clubs (I'm not counting Rangers as it's obvious how they'll vote) needs to vote against them being admitted in order for them to be kicked out of the league.

Bad Martini
14-06-2012, 11:32 PM
No.

ENDOF

monteddie
15-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Can people please give there reasons for voting they way they have it would be interesting to know.

Admin's can you please leave this as a separate thread, to gauge our fan's feeling's before I forward the results to our board :thumbsup:
Division 3 with penalty points

All we hear from Rangers officials and fans is how the rest of the spl would suffer as a result of there demise however I see this as a catalyst to help the west of Scotland cure the bigotory curse
the old firm have been the breeding ground for this so we may all suffer as result of there demise our culture will benefit.
Now lets get to work on Celtic

theonlywayisup
15-06-2012, 05:01 AM
A poll among the Red Army revealed that 97 per cent are against the stricken Ibrox club being allowed to remain in the SPL.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/aberdeen/2012/06/14/poll-reveals-97-per-cent-of-aberdeen-fans-want-rangers-newco-booted-into-division-three-86908-23895621/ (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/aberdeen/2012/06/14/poll-reveals-97-per-cent-of-aberdeen-fans-want-rangers-newco-booted-into-division-three-86908-23895621/)

Manxhibs
15-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Rangers simply can not be allowed back into the spl, the sfa set their stall out with livingstone and gretna. If they let rangers waltz back in as a debt free club, where is the punishment. The only fair thing to do is let them start in the third division but I worry that the board will cite financial problems for other clubs as a reason to keep rangers in the spl.

Steve20
15-06-2012, 06:49 AM
To the people who are not going back should Rangers get back in - What if Hibs vote no but they still get the votes from elsewhere? Are you going to punish Hibs even though they voted no, like you wanted?

The_Todd
15-06-2012, 07:45 AM
To the people who are not going back should Rangers get back in - What if Hibs vote no but they still get the votes from elsewhere? Are you going to punish Hibs even though they voted no, like you wanted?

Its not that simple though is it?

Hibs would then be competing in a league which openly admits money is more important than fairness and that Rangers must never be allowed to finish lower than 6th. What would be the point anymore? It's not about punishing Hibs its about realising Scottish Football is dead if they can waltz into the top flight again.

fit o' the walk
15-06-2012, 07:55 AM
When is the big vote taking place??

Robinho08
15-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Absolutely not. Rangers dropping into the 3rd division is a must.

VickMackie
15-06-2012, 08:23 AM
What does this even mean? :dunno: Would you have to prove you were one of the 6% who regularly attend a protestant church on a Sunday? And isnt the average age 67 or something? Would the huns have a pensionerss team? Brings a whole new meaning to the blue rinse brigade...

My grandad used to tell me he was away to church every Sunday, when I realised he was going to the pub!

Bristolhibby
15-06-2012, 08:28 AM
They cheated, in a massive way.

Also they have stolen from my pocket (and every one of us), we have been subsidising their success, their fans glory and their bigotry.

That alone makes me want to puke. What could have been bought with £75m worth of tax receipts? Schools, teachers, hospitals, police, social housing? Gone, because of the Huns theft.

Punishment needs to be seen to be done.

Quite simple. Sporting integerity.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 08:32 AM

How is not watching a corrupt/fixed league hurting hibs? I'd go as far as saying, those who do go and watch it, are condoning whats happened.

By giving them your money, you are saying yes i know the games fixed, but i dont care. I will watch Hibs whatever they do.

Whats is your cheating limit, John Greig refereeing all their games?

wills
15-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Boycott all games against teams who voted yes

Andy74
15-06-2012, 08:42 AM
How is not watching a corrupt/fixed league hurting hibs? I'd go as far as saying, those who do go and watch it, are condoning whats happened.

By giving them your money, you are saying yes i know the games fixed, but i dont care. I will watch Hibs whatever they do.

I see what you are saying but if Hibs vote no then they aren't to blame for the league they are left to play in.

Corrupt, fixed, whatever, I go to watch Hibs because they are my team and I enjoy it, if we are stuck in the league in that way then tough, I'll just have to accept that and keep watching them.

It's not as if the playing field is level now or has been for some time, is it?

Hibs fans went to the final despite Hearts having some advantages that weren't based on their natural sporting position.

Steve20
15-06-2012, 08:44 AM

What do you mean "watch Hibs whatever they do". The point I was making is that Hibs won't have let Rangers back in. It'll have been the other teams that voted yes. Hibs would have tried to stop them getting in.

FWIW, I couldn't care less either way if they get in or not. Scottish football will just turn from the two horse race bore into a one horse race bore. I know that doesn't mean Rangers should get away with it, but I just don't care as much about scottish football as I once did. It's been unfair for years.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I see what you are saying but if Hibs vote no then they aren't to blame for the league they are left to play in.

Corrupt, fixed, whatever, I go to watch Hibs because they are my team and I enjoy it, if we are stuck in the league in that way then tough, I'll just have to accept that and keep watching them.

It's not as if the playing field is level now or has been for some time, is it?

Hibs fans went to the final despite Hearts having some advantages that weren't based on their natural sporting position.

Of course its not been a level playing field for many years, but if they are allowed back in the SPL, it will then be condoning cheating. Cheating will be above sporting integrity, how can you support that?

I have watched Hibs for 45 years, i never expect them to win much, we normally dont. Now we wont just have to win with a wee bit of skill and luck, we now have to win against a club being allowed to cheat, no matter we may have voted against it, they will have been allowed back after the nearest thing to match fixing we have seen.

I'm not prepared to do that, good luck watching a corrupt league, but as i said in an earlier post, dont start moaning when you feel a decision or a result has gone against us, when playing the huns. You never know, perhaps the ref has been got at, and a wee brown envelope has passed into his hands in a dodgy car park somewhere?

Yes it would be cheating, but thats ok its not been a level playing field for ages.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 09:43 AM
What do you mean "watch Hibs whatever they do". The point I was making is that Hibs won't have let Rangers back in. It'll have been the other teams that voted yes. Hibs would have tried to stop them getting in.

I never said Hibs would have let them in, it will be a vote by everyone in that league. So again i will type this slowly, i wont watch Hibs in a league thats rigged.

FWIW, I couldn't care less either way if they get in or not. Scottish football will just turn from the two horse race bore into a one horse race bore. I know that doesn't mean Rangers should get away with it, but I just don't care as much about scottish football as I once did. It's been unfair for years.

So you dont care if they get in or not, but agree its been unfair for years, and dont care as much as you used to, but are still not prepared to stand up and do anything about it?

Rangers love you.

Andy74
15-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Of course its not been a level playing field for many years, but if they are allowed back in the SPL, it will then be condoning cheating. Cheating will be above sporting integrity, how can you support that?

I have watched Hibs for 45 years, i never expect them to win much, we normally dont. Now we wont just have to win with a wee bit of skill and luck, we now have to win against a club being allowed to cheat, no matter we may have voted against it, they will have been allowed back after the nearest thing to match fixing we have seen.

I'm not prepared to do that, good luck watching a corrupt league, but as i said in an earlier post, dont start moaning when you feel a decision or a result has gone against us, when playing the huns. You never know, perhaps the ref has been got at, and a wee brown envelope has passed into his hands in a dodgy car park somewhere?

Yes it would be cheating, but thats ok its not been a level playing field for ages.

I'm not saying it's okay. What I'm saying is it's never been okay but I have watched Hibs through it and will continue to.

It's worth noting that Motherwell and Dundee could be in the league if Rangers aren't. They have also run up debts to get a competitive advantage, stiffed creidtors and are back.

Should we still watch Hibs playing these guys?

I do undersatand totally what you are saying but it won't stop me from watching Hibs as Hibs will still be there to watch.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm not saying it's okay. What I'm saying is it's never been okay but I have watched Hibs through it and will continue to.

It's worth noting that Motherwell and Dundee could be in the league if Rangers aren't. They have also run up debts to get a competitive advantage, stiffed creidtors and are back.

Should we still watch Hibs playing these guys?

I do undersatand totally what you are saying but it won't stop me from watching Hibs as Hibs will still be there to watch.

Which i too understand, and would never want anyone to stop watching.

I want to watch Hibs next season, and hope to god it goes the way i want.

The one thing i think has to be at the forefront of every SPL club chairman is, how many if a Rangers newco is in the SPL, will be like me and walk away from Scottish football?

How many of their own supporters can they afford to lose?

Hank Schrader
15-06-2012, 09:57 AM

That, in a nutshell, sums my feelings up as well Steve.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 10:00 AM
That, in a nutshell, sums my feelings up as well Steve.

I dont care as much about Scottish football either, and this is the thing that will tip me over the edge.

Brooster
15-06-2012, 10:10 AM
This poll got a mention on page 87 of the Daily Mail today, the article is entitled 'Easter Uprising'. Sorry I dont have a link, I seen it in a paper copy.

JimBHibees
15-06-2012, 10:14 AM
This poll got a mention on page 87 of the Daily Mail today, the article is entitled 'Easter Uprising'. Sorry I dont have a link, I seen it in a paper copy.

Dear oh dear. What a shocker that is? Same old from Daily Fascist.

Saorsa
15-06-2012, 10:22 AM
I dont care as much about Scottish football either, and this is the thing that will tip me over the edge.:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
15-06-2012, 10:31 AM

So the Daily Mail brings up a headline relating to Dublin 1916, utterly crass....

The poll and fans meeting with Scott Lindsay on Wednesday are mentioned in the Sun....

Radium
15-06-2012, 10:44 AM
no - removes credibility from the leagues - you wouldn't give a bye to the semi-finals of the cup just to keep the sponsors happy ...

Captain Trips
15-06-2012, 11:23 AM
I may have facts wrong but this is my take:

The new club are just that, a brand new football club regardless of the stadium/fans etc. On paper this is a new club. Let us strip away the link to old Rangers which is of course there.

This is a brand new club and the procedure is you apply to play in the league if you wish to do so, it does not matter one bit what you think you bring to table you simply cannot allow a new formed club to just go right into top tier without kicking a ball, you cannot allow that just to secure a TV deal or incase you think teams will lose money.

Would this not be in effect buying a place in a league which surely goes against the whole point of the game? Why do teams like Forres mechanics etc then not apply to come right in, new Rangers have no more rights than them on paper (I they do not have stadium etc but in principle). The message would be you can come right into our league if you feel you bring in money is that not wrong?

The only teams that should be in SPL are teams who have reached it by playing football matches, a whole host of clubs then have every right to apply for this space in leagues the judgement should be on footballing matters, Forres would be told to start off in Div 3 of that there is no doubt it should 100% be the exact same for New Rangers.

This should not even be a vote it should just simply be clubs can only gain enrty to SPL via promotion not based on what they may or may not offer. Not having Dundee in SPL for a while you could argue the league would have been better with another derby.

If Rangers can come in we might as well just cherry pick all the teams for SPL and decide if team to be relegated bring more than team to be promoted and if they do no relegation that year. It is an absoloute joke it is even a vote for this.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2012, 11:28 AM

The new club are just that, a brand new football club regardless of the stadium/fans etc. On paper this is a new club. Let us strip away the link to old Rangers which is of course there.

This is a brand new club and the procedure is you apply to play in the league if you wish to do so, it does not matter one bit what you think you bring to table you simply cannot allow a new formed club to just go right into top tier without kicking a ball, you cannot allow that just to secure a TV deal or incase you think teams will lose money.

Would this not be in effect buying a place in a league which surely goes against the whole point of the game? Why do teams like Forres mechanics etc then not apply to come right in, new Rangers have no more rights than them on paper. The message would be you can come right into our league if you feel you bring in money is that not wrong?

The only teams that should be in SPL are teams who have reached it by playing football matches, a whole host of clubs then have every right to apply for this space in leagues the judgement should be on footballing matters, Forres would be told to start off in Div 3 of that there is no doubt it should 100% be the exact same for New Rangers.

This should not even be a vote it should just simply be clubs can only gain enrty to SPL via promotion not based on what they may or may not offer. Not having Dundee in SPL for a while you could argue the league would have been better with another derby.

If Rangers can come in we might as well just cherry pick all the teams for SPL and decide if team to be relegated bring more than team to be promoted and if they do no relegation that year. It is an absoloute joke it is even a vote for this.

:top marks

joe breezy
15-06-2012, 11:30 AM
I'd prefer Spartans get into Division 3

Rangers should play in the league Linfield are in, whatever it's called

theonlywayisup
15-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Has it been confirmed what the process is?

1. Do Rangers get a vote themselves? A lot of people saying that they do! But the Scotsman reports "The remaining 11 SPL chairmen will now have to vote on whether to allow them to continue to play in Scotland’s best league or possibly demote them to the Third Division, and many have pledged to take the views of their own supporters into consideration." Green himself states (also in the Scotsman) “The big challenge is that as we sit here today we are no longer in the SPL. We’re not a member of the SFA. We’re a newco who are applying – and letters have gone off already to the SPL and the SFA – asking them to consider the transfer of the shares to allow us to become members."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-fans-take-lead-in-bid-to-bounce-back-from-dismal-season-1-2355753

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-liquidation-i-m-the-best-chief-exec-this-club-s-had-in-years-1-2353744

2. Will there be a vote? The Evening Express states "We can now reveal there may not actually be a formal vote on that (Newco). The SPL clubs hope to employ an independant tribunal to help decide their next step - and will be guided by their advice".

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2811915
(http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2811915)
3. When does the vote take place?

Admins - it would be good if these questions could be answered, so if you could delay plans to merge into the other Rangers threads then that would be great.:aok:

Captain Trips
15-06-2012, 11:53 AM
This vote is basically saying if you look like you bring something to our SPL then we will just ignore the 30+ teams battling to get here over years through the very basis of the game and that is playing in competition.

No matter what way vote goes there just shouldnt be a vote on this, we do not vote on who should be promoted might as well start doing that.

Gatecrasher
15-06-2012, 11:56 AM
This vote is basically saying if you look like you bring something to our SPL then we will just ignore the 30+ teams battling to get here over years through the very basis of the game and that is playing in competition.

No matter what way vote goes there just shouldnt be a vote on this, we do not vote on who should be promoted might as well start doing that.

Exactly thats another thing. What about all these clubs below the SPL that have been trying to get their for years and now a Newco can just be voted in? The whole thing stinks. there are no winners here, Rangers must be thrown out the League.

hibbyfrankie
15-06-2012, 12:09 PM

Would this not be in effect buying a place in a league which surely goes against the whole point of the game? Why do teams like Forres mechanics etc then not apply to come right in, new Rangers have no more rights than them on paper (I they do not have stadium etc but in principle). The message would be you can come right into our league if you feel you bring in money is that not wrong?

I completely agree. I just cant understand how the share transfer can even be allowed. Newco are not Rangers, Rangers are dead. Newco wont be liable for the cheating and big tax case but for some reason the press all talk about relegation to division 3. how can they be relegated they have never been in SPL, div 1 or 2. it really is so confusing. If Newco want to be a football club they should apply to the SFL along with anyone else that wants to join the SFL.

The_Todd
15-06-2012, 12:30 PM

But punishing Hibs doesn't come into it. Its wouldn't be about who voted which way, it'll just be the fact the SPL is openly corrupt. It was tacitly implied bias before, but a NewRangers being allowed in will be an open admission of corruption.

theonlywayisup
15-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Has it been confirmed what the process is?

1. Do Rangers get a vote themselves? A lot of people saying that they do! But the Scotsman reports "The remaining 11 SPL chairmen will now have to vote on whether to allow them to continue to play in Scotland’s best league or possibly demote them to the Third Division, and many have pledged to take the views of their own supporters into consideration." Green himself states (also in the Scotsman) “The big challenge is that as we sit here today we are no longer in the SPL. We’re not a member of the SFA. We’re a newco who are applying – and letters have gone off already to the SPL and the SFA – asking them to consider the transfer of the shares to allow us to become members."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-fans-take-lead-in-bid-to-bounce-back-from-dismal-season-1-2355753

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-liquidation-i-m-the-best-chief-exec-this-club-s-had-in-years-1-2353744

2. Will there be a vote? The Evening Express states "We can now reveal there may not actually be a formal vote on that (Newco). The SPL clubs hope to employ an independant tribunal to help decide their next step - and will be guided by their advice".

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2811915
(http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2811915)
3. When does the vote take place?

Admins - it would be good if these questions could be answered, so if you could delay plans to merge into the other Rangers threads then that would be great.:aok:

Anyone know the answer to my questions?

gerry
15-06-2012, 06:45 PM
I dont post much been here a while. I would have to say no.Rangers and the media are only hanging onto one thing how much money they generate for other clubs .Was wondering how much is it really ?? How much do they really generate for other clubs? The two top dogs have screwed the scottish game .This is the time for scottish football change .They should be booted like any other club and i bet it make for a more interesting and entertaining spl pity celtic no going bust too .:greengrin ggtth

leggeto
15-06-2012, 07:36 PM
big no they should be punnished bigger clubs than rangers have been like juve,marseille and livi accept and get on with it

Kris1875
15-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Massive no from me , I hope big rod tells them to do one . This is our chance to change Scottish football for the better of all teams out with the bigot brothers .

Rangers can rename themselves to whatever they like (I'm sure we could all think of a few choice ones ) , but they'll still the same cheating bassas they'll still play at ibrox , Sally will still be the manager, demote them ban them throw everything at them . Because we all know if it was any other club in Scotland the doors wouldve been padlocked and they'd be out on there ear so quick they're arse wouldn't touch the floor !!!

To recap its a no !!

ForeverGreen
16-06-2012, 01:32 PM
If it was any other club bar celtic or rangers there would be no discussion they'd be out!! Treat them the same as boot them out. Scottish Football would survive it would maybe be a hard few years but teams battling out for champs league spots and cup finals every year would draw bigger revenue from increased gate crowds.

edwards
16-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I know the proper thing is to put them down to the bottom division but if it was me i would hurt them most by demanding they share out their sky money equally with the other clubs in the SPL for the forseeable future.

BarneyK
16-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I know the proper thing is to put them down to the bottom division but if it was me i would hurt them most by demanding they share out their sky money equally with the other clubs in the SPL for the forseeable future.

Or they could get no Sky money in the 3rd? :greengrin

Barney McGrew
16-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Kilmarnock fans chief on Radio Scotland just now making a load of sense. 97% of Killie fans on their poll don't want Rangers in the SPL.

edwards
16-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Then we get no sky money sods law lose lose situation why do we have to suffer because of them.

Barney McGrew
16-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Then we get no sky money sods law lose lose situation why do we have to suffer because of them.

Not true. As has been pointed out on Radio Scotland this afternoon, the current Sky deal has another two years to run.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2012, 01:55 PM
This losing Rangers is all wind and pish, nobody will die should they not be in the SPL next season.

Each and every club from the old firm down, could in reality be relegated. We have nearly all flirted with relegation over the years.

Would any of us have gone bust if we'd gone down, i dont think so?

FromTheCapital
16-06-2012, 02:01 PM
No. They shouldn't be allowed another chance. They're cheats and should be kicked out, end of!

:bye:

biggineurope
16-06-2012, 02:11 PM
NO WAY!! Bottom line is no team is bigger than football/SPL. Rules are there for everyone no matter who you are. They will come back in 3 seasons which is fair enough because they will have earned the right to do so, however to gift them entry back immediately is nonsense of the highest order and will be comparable to a huge kick in the hee-haws for every other club in Scotland. As far as TV money goes, the SPL teams will live on albeit with tighter financial constraint. NO NO NO!! Spl chairmen...... vote them in at your peril as I fear a huge backlash of disgust.

lapsedhibee
16-06-2012, 02:15 PM
What is the crime and what should the punishment be?

Doesn't have to be a definite crime, though, to warrant punishment. Personally think just Being Huns should be enough of a cause, but for finicky souls shirley the financial shenanigans is a good enough reason. The yams were on the brink of being punished for paying their players a wee bit late - not even intending to pay Hector his VAT and PAYE is far worse.

And the stream of obfuscation that's poured out of D&D since the shenanigans first came to light should worsen the punishment.

harry-hibee
16-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I have put aside the disregard i have had for Rangers because of their blind bigotry and their total disregard for any other club,this so i can have a balanced point of view.

Now this is a new club born out of the ashes of a club who have cheated not only the football public of this country but all the people of this country by not paying their tax bill.

This new company i believe have put up £2.5m towards running costs but how long will that last if Duff & Phelps needed £1m per week for them to survive.

Other than that the only working capital they can get in, is season ticket money and you would need to be a brave fan to invest in £500+ in todays climate without knowing if your money will be safe.

Voting in this newco would entail all types of risks for clubs because there is every chance they could fail and colapse again some weeks in to the new season.

They must start again at the bottom not just for the sake of sporting integrity but for integrity alone.

biggineurope
16-06-2012, 02:41 PM
This is my point in asking about the crimes and punishment.
People want Rangers punished because they are Rangers. That will soon sway support towards them.
The one thing you mentioned was the non payment of revenue to HMRC, the punishment for this was Administration which led to a 10 point deduction in the SPL.
So what else?

I don't want them punished as there is no Rangers anymore. I want them as a newco applying for membership in the SFA then applying for a vacancy into SFL, when admitted then challenging for honours in each lower league until such times as they have earned the right to play in SPL. In other words exactly the same kinda thing everyone would have to do when starting a new football club.

lapsedhibee
16-06-2012, 03:07 PM
People want Rangers punished because they are Rangers. That will soon sway support towards them.
The one thing you mentioned was the non payment of revenue to HMRC, the punishment for this was Administration which led to a 10 point deduction in the SPL.
So what else?

Nut, disagree. If that were the case, there would be an equal clamour on here to punish Cltc and the yams for their off-field transgressions. It may seem now as if there's a bloodthirst about the pursuit of the Hun, but I think that's a consequence of the now months of arrogant and misinformative behaviour we've endured from them and their representatives, official and otherwise. The arrogance is not of course a crime, but it's what imo has hardened the attitudes of peeps on here who perhaps at first just quite wanted justice done, though didn't much expect it to be done, but are now absolutely adamant that justice must be done, and if it isn't done the game's a bogey for them.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't want them punished as there is no Rangers anymore. I want them as a newco applying for membership in the SFA then applying for a vacancy into SFL, when admitted then challenging for honours in each lower league until such times as they have earned the right to play in SPL. In other words exactly the same kinda thing everyone would have to do when starting a new football club.

Thats it in a nutshell for me. They have had the punishments that fitted the crimes, now all i want is the rules to be applied properly as written in the rules.

ForeverGreen
16-06-2012, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=500 miles;3265185]No. They shouldn't be allowed another chance. They're cheats and should be kicked out, end of!

Spot on sister :wink:

ForeverGreen
16-06-2012, 06:43 PM
No. They shouldn't be allowed another chance. They're cheats and should be kicked out, end of!

:bye:

Spot on sister :wink:

Sweet Left Peg
16-06-2012, 09:16 PM
It's a sad state of affairs that we should be having this debate. If the SPL line their pockets with Sky's filthy lucre, I will save my hard earned pennies for the Cup games. Rangers have cheated EVERY team in Scotland, not only SPL teams, so every team should be reimbursed.

SPL - make the only fit and proper decision there is
Rangers - show some remorse, take your punishment, work your way back to the top and you will do it with pride and honour. You will have earned it.
Sky - televise the "Great Adventure". Show all Rangers games on the telly and spread the cash through the divisions. Huns will want to watch their team, so they will pay (they don't walk away, you know); the smaller grounds will still attract large sets of home and away fans for the Rangers games, thereby increasing the revenue of ALL clubs in Divs 1,2,3.

Even Italy can demote their biggest teams.

If Ferrari break the rules in F1, they start from the back of the grid - not a couple of places down cos they are Ferrari.

hugo boss
17-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know when the spl clubs vote on the huns??? also think the votes should be made public so you know your club is voting NO.:flag:

cabbageandribs1875
17-06-2012, 09:53 AM
oh i have a funny feeling any club chairmen that vote no will have their details 'leaked' into the public domain, super ally will make sure of that :aok:

hugo boss
17-06-2012, 09:54 AM
oh i have a funny feeling any club chairmen that vote no will have their details 'leaked' into the public domain, super ally will make sure of that :aok:

Do you know when clubs will be voting m8?

cabbageandribs1875
17-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Do you know when clubs will be voting m8?

when ally says so :greengrin

hugo boss
17-06-2012, 09:55 AM
when ally says so :greengrin ha ha

Captain Trips
17-06-2012, 11:46 AM
The Rangers are a new club, new clubs start at bottom no matter what they may offer. We have heard for years that teams buy league titles by signing players, surely we will become a true laughing stock by efectivly letting a club buy there way past 3 Divisions?

Any team in SPL has to earn it by winning matches that is the fundamental basis of football.

archiebald
17-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I have not and will not buy a season ticket till all this is sorted out-even if lose my normal seat -its a disgace

leggeto
17-06-2012, 07:21 PM
What is the crime and what should the punishment be?

the crime, cheating to constant winning using money they did not have when everyone else was struggling, they should be sent to the bottom of the 3rd div,they are lucky to get back in at all, apart from that look at all the lower clubs who would benifit from the cash they get playing rangers that money would go a long way for them

KB1
17-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Thats it in a nutshell for me. They have had the punishments that fitted the crimes, now all i want is the rules to be applied properly as written in the rules.

But is it not the case that rules state that you must have 3 years of accounts before applying to SFL???? Now that I would like to see, The Rangers playing junior football for 3 years then applying to Div3!!!!

Levenhibee
17-06-2012, 08:44 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO..........................

Will Hibs.net admin be sending a letter to RP expressing strongly held views of this boards views.

If Newcohun are allowed to enter the SPL I will boycott Hibs v Newcohun games and boycott all away grounds where the club chairmen have voted Yes to Newcohun.
Cheats, criminals call them what you like, must not be allowed back into the SPL. For the integrity of the game the answer from ALL the clubs has got to be a resounding NO!!

"Integrity itself is beyond purchase".

Johnny0762
17-06-2012, 09:37 PM
They may state in their clearest terms that they are a NewCo and are not responsible for what the OldCo have done, but I'm afraid that doesn't wash with me.

Not whilst slippery Smith knew what was going on, decided to say nothing, retired conveniently, stitched up Ally Luganis into taking on his dream role whilst knowing that if Rangers had not been in their financial mess that McCoist would never have been near the manager's job. And now there he is, King Waldo ready to step in and save the day.

Sorry, but it's the same people who knew.

I vote they are booted out of the game altogether, as that would be proper and fitting punishment.

Nailrod
18-06-2012, 04:09 AM
So what else?

Ok. How about:

Stealing £252,000 from St Etienne
Stealing £136,000 from Arsenal
Stealing £238,000 from Chelsea
Stealing £328,000 from Manchester City
Stealing £1,011,000 from SK Rapid
Stealing £205,000 from US Palermo
Stealing £40,000 from Celtic
Stealing £66,000 from Dundee United
Stealing £83,000 from Dunfermline
Stealing £800,000 from Hearts
Stealing £40,000 from Caley Thistle

In other words, a professional football club that has cynically stolen £3.149 million from its fellow professional football clubs to help fund its cheating. Is that enough to be going on with?

Just Alf
18-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Ok. How about:

Stealing £252,000 from St Etienne
Stealing £136,000 from Arsenal
Stealing £238,000 from Chelsea
Stealing £328,000 from Manchester City
Stealing £1,011,000 from SK Rapid
Stealing £205,000 from US Palermo
Stealing £40,000 from Celtic
Stealing £66,000 from Dundee United
Stealing £83,000 from Dunfermline
Stealing £800,000 from Hearts
Stealing £40,000 from Caley Thistle

In other words, a professional football club that has cynically stolen £3.149 million from its fellow professional football clubs to help fund its cheating. Is that enough to be going on with?

Which made the recent court case against the signing embargo even more incredible.... Under SPL rules RFC(RIP 2012) were already embargoed and remains so until all the above is fully paid off.

Bill Milne
18-06-2012, 08:34 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO..........................

Will Hibs.net admin be sending a letter to RP expressing strongly held views of this boards views.

If Newcohun are allowed to enter the SPL I will boycott Hibs v Newcohun games and boycott all away grounds where the club chairmen have voted Yes to Newcohun.
Cheats, criminals call them what you like, must not be allowed back into the SPL. For the integrity of the game the answer from ALL the clubs has got to be a resounding NO!!

"Integrity itself is beyond purchase".

This is what I intend to do next season, hence why Kenny Shiels is bang out of order in calling for a secret ballot. I do not intend to give my cash to any club for league fixtures if they have voted to readmit the newco. Transparency is essential.

Just Alf
18-06-2012, 09:34 AM
This is what I intend to do next season, hence why Kenny Shiels is bang out of order in calling for a secret ballot. I do not intend to give my cash to any club for league fixtures if they have voted to readmit the newco. Transparency is essential.

:top marks

St.Kristopher
18-06-2012, 11:31 AM
I have been made aware of certain advances from The New Co. with the sole aim of obtaining the votes required to get them back into the league. While I don't wish to state exactly what it was, as it may put someone in an awkward position of explaining how the info. got out.

The New Co. has a right to lobby and that includes all statements about clubs committing suicide by not voting them back in - no matter how much we dislike their arrogance. However what I have heard is not lobbying it is bribery and against company law in relation to the liquidation and preferred creditors etc.

What ever the outcome of the vote (whether we like it or not) it must be based on honesty and transparency and not on more corruption! On this basis we must ask our clubs to publish all such advances and also their complete rational for voting one way or another.

Ross4356
18-06-2012, 11:56 AM
So you are aware of the corruption but wont tell us, does that not mean you to are party to said corruption. Get it telt

BarneyK
18-06-2012, 12:01 PM
I have been made aware of certain advances from The New Co. with the sole aim of obtaining the votes required to get them back into the league. While I don't wish to state exactly what it was, as it may put someone in an awkward position of explaining how the info. got out.

The New Co. has a right to lobby and that includes all statements about clubs committing suicide by not voting them back in - no matter how much we dislike their arrogance. However what I have heard is not lobbying it is bribery and against company law in relation to the liquidation and preferred creditors etc.

What ever the outcome of the vote (whether we like it or not) it must be based on honesty and transparency and not on more corruption! On this basis we must ask our clubs to publish all such advances and also their complete rational for voting one way or another.

The yams are getting their Lee Wallace money by way of an EBT? :dunno:

lord bunberry
18-06-2012, 12:03 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true I can see them offering the vermin something towards the money they are owed for Wallace as a sweetener for a yes vote

Ross4356
18-06-2012, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is true I can see them offering the vermin something towards the money they are owed for Wallace as a sweetener for a yes vote

Hearts will get their money anyway, can you really see Romanov giving Rangers money back after selling their tickets for Ibrox

Spike Mandela
18-06-2012, 12:36 PM

:agree: they will be offered all their money back for Wallace over a lengthy period of time. Hearts SHOULD get their money back from a competitor but it should be fixed in football authority regulations and not in adhoc, bribery situations like this.

The SPL vote will be split right down financial lines. Those with extreme financial problems will vote yes to a newco or some one year demotion compromise and Hearts will be the leaders of this faction along with Kilmarnock.

18-06-2012, 12:39 PM

:agree:

Captain Trips
18-06-2012, 02:08 PM
If Rangers are a new club then a yes vote makes Divisions 1,2 and 3 null and void and the very point .kn football wasted. No club should under any circumstances be given s position in league that has not been achieved by playing football.

If Rangers are applying as a new club there shouldn't even be a vote. They can apply for the vacant space along with everyone else.

AlbertK86
18-06-2012, 03:49 PM
So because rangers never co-operated and provided the paperwork the sfa/spl report was late

So now the vote to alow/deny them a place in the SPL is delayed til 4th July

Majority of clubs now won't know their budget til then so are yet again disadvantaged in the race to sign players

Scottish football is corrupt to the core

Hope our and the rest of the chairman are making a big noise about this

18-06-2012, 04:59 PM
If Rangers are a new club then a yes vote makes Divisions 1,2 and 3 null and void and the very point .kn football wasted. No club should under any circumstances be given s position in league that has not been achieved by playing football.

If Rangers are applying as a new club there shouldn't even be a vote. They can apply for the vacant space along with everyone else.

Totally agree.

Keith_M
18-06-2012, 05:53 PM
6 people voted yes?

Who are these people? We need to know! The supporters need to know! The hit squad I've just hired to take them out need to know!

In fact, do they do walking away? Not with busted kneecaps they won't :wink:

Saorsa
18-06-2012, 06:43 PM
6 people voted yes?

Who are these people? We need to know! The supporters need to know! The hit squad I've just hired to take them out need to know!

In fact, do they do walking away? Not with busted kneecaps they won't :wink:One is a mobile phone mistake :greengrin so it's only 5 :agree:

Holmesdale Hibs
18-06-2012, 08:34 PM

This is an important point, we should boycott all away games and cup ties with teams (including Hibs if necessary) that vote to let those ****bags in the SPL.

This is the perfect opportunity to change our game for the better. If we fail to take it, the downward spiral will accelerate and attendances will continue to plumit.

Just thinking about it really pisses me off. Not only is it completely wrong, I ****ing hate rangers

Hibhibhooray
18-06-2012, 09:41 PM
No! any company who have behaved in this way should not be allowed to continue by simply moving there debts to an old co and moving on.

They should be removed to the lowest league possible and start again. Failure to do so will simply allow this company to do the same again & again with no fear of punishment. I also think that any assets should be auctioned of and if Green or whoever choose to bid for the assests of this old company the fair enough but take into account the market value of the land/property and not some tiny sum they seemed to have worked out on the back of a fag packet.

I would be very disapointed if Hibs voted yes and as a season ticket holder for a good few years who has already renewed, I would consider not renewing in the future, if this opportunity to reshape the SPL is not grasped with both hands.

Newcastle Utd are only a couple of hours away and you could easily travel South to enjoy a higher standard of football from neutral position.

Hopefully the Chairmen will see sense and do what I think everyone feels is right. If not then no clubs have any ambition to achieve higher than also rans or seem interested their most important assest the fans.

Mr Petrie, do the right thing.

half.time.draw.
20-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Will we see who votes whatever way?
I can see this being a closed vote to protect clubs who let the **** back in!:rolleyes:

InchHibby
20-06-2012, 10:19 AM
It wont matter if its a closed vote or not as its odds on those that want to find out
who voted, which ever way, will find out.

ScottB
20-06-2012, 10:28 AM
We'll find out, if they get kicked out I'm Sure Sally will go on a crusade and it'll leak.

If they stay in, the clubs that voted No will want their fans to know they did to try and keep them on side.

There's no way it'll stay private, I doubt they'll even bother trying, just look at how quickly the SFA abandoned secrecy with the Appellate Tribunal.

joe breezy
20-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Alex Thomson from Channel 4 news wants opinions for his blog

Anyhow - calling all fans of SPL clubs 1-11 inclusive. What should your Chairmen do on Wed July 4th at 10 am?...

Tweet or email alex.thomson@itn.co.uk and I'll blog 'em up!

ekhibee
20-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Not sure if this has already been brought up, but as it would appear that Sky are NOT leaving Scottish football if Rangers are kicked out of the SPL, that logically means that if Newco are out of the SPL, their share of the revenue from Sky would be divided equally between the SPL teams. Any idea how much (approximately) we would be getting from Sky if this is the case?

Just Alf
20-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Good question!

I've stuck it up before, tbut it's something like 40% to top 2 (almost equally) and then the rest shared out amongst the rest of the teams in 0.5% steps Dependant on league placings

Hibbyradge
20-06-2012, 08:38 PM
No-one gets an automatic share.

All monies from sponsorship are divided on the basis of finishing places as follows.

%

jdships
20-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Not sure if this has already been brought up, but as it would appear that Sky are NOT leaving Scottish football if Rangers are kicked out of the SPL, that logically means that if Newco are out of the SPL, their share of the revenue from Sky would be divided equally between the SPL teams. Any idea how much (approximately) we would be getting from Sky if this is the case?

For what its worth I understand from a man who knows a man ( at Sky) that yes Sky will stay with SPL but would want to renegotiate the contract .

ScottB
20-06-2012, 09:14 PM
For what its worth I understand from a man who knows a man ( at Sky) that yes Sky will stay with SPL but would want to renegotiate the contract .

Sky briefed its staff that yesterday, source: my mate who works at Sky.

joe breezy
20-06-2012, 09:27 PM
But we're seeing stories of a proposal for Huns to go into SPL2 or whatever 1st Division is to keep Sky happy...

Not sure there's time or that will be practical

Viva_Palmeiras
20-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Do Sky have their customers register which club they support?
As far as I'm aware when you pay for Sky - unless you also take ESPN - you are buying a bundle which will include EPL, championship etc, la Liga, Seria A, bundesliga

So ok viewing figures but who's to say they are rangers fans that watch the game?

When Juventus (and Lazio) got booted did they renegotiate the contracts? What about when Newcastle got relegated?

If they try to pull this stunt then why doesn't Alec Salmond - when finished in LA - give SKY a battering?

ScottB
20-06-2012, 09:54 PM
As far as I'm aware when you pay for Sky - unless you also take ESPN - you are buying a bundle which will include EPL, championship etc, la Liga, Seria A, bundesliga

So ok viewing figures but who's to say they are rangers fans that watch the game?

When Juventus (and Lazio) got booted did they renegotiate the contracts? What about when Newcastle got relegated?

If they try to pull this stunt then why doesn't Alec Salmond - when finished in LA - give SKY a battering?

Because it is in the contract that Sky can change the deal if there aren't 4 Old Firm matches a season. Plus a new deal, currently unsigned, is due to kick in.

Sky have this power because the clubs agreed to it.

SPL Fans Survey
20-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Because it is in the contract that Sky can change the deal if there aren't 4 Old Firm matches a season. Plus a new deal, currently unsigned, is due to kick in.

In my meeting with ND we spoke about the Sky deal and his words where Sky would accept whatever package the SPL had to offer however they would likely offer less for any package which didn't include 4 OF games per season.

overdrive
20-06-2012, 10:03 PM

Because he's bum chums with Rupert

Eyrie
20-06-2012, 10:08 PM
No-one gets an automatic share.

All monies from sponsorship are divided on the basis of finishing places as follows.

%

So reducing first place to 11% and second to 10% would allow Sky to cut their deal by 11%. The only loser would be Sellick, but then they've benefited disproportionately from the current share for first and second. The rest of us would be unaffected.

Because Rupert Murdoch owns Sky.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Sorry overlooked the fundamental - DOH!
Ludicrous decision and most likely only inserted as a result of the constant posturing of the OF to depart (or a poison pill with someone getting window what was up).

Would be interesting to know when the clause was inserted.

jgl07
20-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Because Rupert Murdoch owns Sky.

He wishes!

Murdoch owns a minority (39.1%) shareholding in BSkyB.

Have you not been following the Leverson hearings?

They will never be able to take full control of BSkyB.

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2012, 05:18 AM
They never really answered my question directly asking about the four rantic games a season but this was their reply:

Hello Gordon,
Thank you for contacting the Sky Help Centre with your enquiry.
Firstly, I am sorry for the delay in responding to you.
As a direct result of your enquiry regarding SPL I immediately contacted our London Sports team for assistance in this matter.
I have since been advised that Sky, have no plans to stop covering the Scottish Premier League.
If you have any further enquiries in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us by email. Alternatively, you may contact our Customer Service team on 08442 41 41 41.
Gordon, you may be contacted by Sky and requested to complete a Customer Satisfaction Survey based on how I have dealt with your enquiry today.

ny1875
21-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Here is the reply I received from Easter Road re: Rangers. I expressed my opinion stating if Hibs back Rangers I will never spend another penny following Hibs.

Thank you for contacting the Club on this important issue. A large number of supporters have made their views known and these views have been consistently and clearly expressed. The Board will of course take those views into consideration when the time for decisions arrives. A meeting between members of the Board and representatives of various supporters groups also took place on Wednesday 13th June. This provided a further opportunity for a clear and frank exchange of views.

Our Chairman has already made clear that our Club believes that sporting integrity must be placed at the centre of any decision-making.

There are further investigations which remain to be concluded into the conduct of Rangers and we hope that these matters can also be brought to a conclusion as quickly as possible.

The matter needs to be dealt with to allow clubs like Hibernian, who have consistently conducted themselves in a proper manner, to get on with the business of playing football and competing in a fair SPL competition in 2012/13.

Thank you once again for contacting the Club. Your views are clearly understood.

Regards

Scott Lindsay

Scott Lindsay | Chief Executive

The Hibernian Football Club Limited

Easter Road Stadium

12 Albion Place, Edinburgh, EH7 5QG

calumhibee1
21-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Sounds pretty clear that well be telling them to ram it. Good to hear we're doing the right thing.

bighairyfaeleith
21-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Here is the reply I received from Easter Road re: Rangers. I expressed my opinion stating if Hibs back Rangers I will never spend another penny following Hibs.

Thank you for contacting the Club on this important issue. A large number of supporters have made their views known and these views have been consistently and clearly expressed. The Board will of course take those views into consideration when the time for decisions arrives. A meeting between members of the Board and representatives of various supporters groups also took place on Wednesday 13th June. This provided a further opportunity for a clear and frank exchange of views.

Regards

Scott Lindsay

Scott Lindsay | Chief Executive

The Hibernian Football Club Limited

Easter Road Stadium

12 Albion Place, Edinburgh, EH7 5QG

Can't ask for much more than that really, no way hibs will vote yes

Weir7
21-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Can't ask for much more than that really, no way hibs will vote yes

They could come out today and say we are votting no.

ny1875
21-06-2012, 07:31 AM
board@hibernianfc.co.uk let them know how you feel.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Looks like a no to me.

bighairyfaeleith
21-06-2012, 07:35 AM
They could come out today and say we are votting no.

no club will do that, our club are giving the most clear signal off all the clubs as to how they will vote so I'm happy with that.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-06-2012, 07:37 AM
years of abuse from their fans and their general hatred towards Hibernian over many decades can only leave our Board one simple option.

Bill Milne
21-06-2012, 07:45 AM
no club will do that, our club are giving the most clear signal off all the clubs as to how they will vote so I'm happy with that.

Except he didn't actually say Hibs would be voting no.

StevieC
21-06-2012, 07:47 AM
board@hibernianfc.co.uk let them know how you feel.

I am pretty sure that every chairman in the SPL knows how the supporters feel.

How about not clogging up their time with a barrage of emails and letting them get on with their preperations for the coming season.

When the time comes I think we are one of the few clubs that can honestly say that our chairman will do the right thing.

justlikebrazil
21-06-2012, 08:12 AM

How about not clogging up their time with a barrage of emails and letting them get on with their preperations for the coming season
When the time comes I think we are one of the few clubs that can honestly say that our chairman will do the right thing.
That is exactly the same email word for word I got as a reply after I showed my concerns about a rangers newco!!

JustSimplyHibs
21-06-2012, 08:46 AM

How about not clogging up their time with a barrage of emails and letting them get on with their preperations for the coming season.

Spot on! and I also think the club is right to reply to individual supporters with a standard email. The club have always maintained their view, 'Sporting integrity over financial gain'.

GreenPJ
21-06-2012, 08:53 AM

It's a standard response and clubs need to know the feelings of their fans on this key issue.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't think there is any way the club do not know the strength of feeling. Perhaps we can let them concentrate on running our own club now?

Jim44
21-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Without actually coming out publicly with the way they will vote, our board has clearly indicated that a 'no' is the only option. I fully expect them to endorse this in due course as to do the unthinkable and vote 'yes' would terminally alienate them from 99.9% of the support. Their folly would be even greater than the 'apologist' chairmen who have indicated that they will probably vote pro Rangers.

CraigHibee
21-06-2012, 09:28 AM
i'm pretty certain we will say NO

i cannot wait to see the huns slipping down to the 3rd division, they need to be punished and the rest of the spl need to stand up and show some bottle and say NO too.

spl will be a better place with one half of the disease being removed, would love both to be out but.. i can keep wishing!

down-the-slope
21-06-2012, 09:34 AM

:agree: was just about to post the same - the club has less staff that at any time since 2002 and we need every effort going to getting the team on the park that matches our infastructure...there is a lot of hard work to do. With the greatest of respect spending hours answering individual email is hardly efficient, while the club admit its communication could be better, this is not the answer. I would rather SL spent his time in contract talks with players we are chasing.

Littlest Hobo
21-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Yup, can't ask much more than that.

They must start again from the third Div.

PatHead
21-06-2012, 09:40 AM
An official statement from the club would save him having to respond to all the emails. and alllay our concerns

Gatecrasher
21-06-2012, 09:46 AM
I think Hibs have to take some credit for being pretty open about their views on this.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 09:47 AM
An official statement from the club would save him having to respond to all the emails. and alllay our concerns

Are you personally in any doubt about where Hibs stand on this?

Cabbage East
21-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Good response :agree:

joe breezy
21-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Is there not talk now of newco getting back in and then demoted to Division 1...

not sure where that is coming from but it's the latest thing I've read this morning

Gez1875
21-06-2012, 10:05 AM
i think petrie made it clear weeks ago that there would be no way we would be voting 'yes' to a newco', he has all but actually said those words. we dont need to be worrying, the issue i think we have is if we vote 'no' which we will and the other clubs vote 'yes' how do we go about hurting ALL these clubs without hurting hibs, its a sticky situation to find ourselves in if it comes down to it.

JimBHibees
21-06-2012, 10:26 AM
The response seemed to also clearly outline that other matters (assuming dual contracts/EBT's) regarding Rangers are likely to come to the fore pretty soon which may mean there is no reason to have any vote.

PatHead
21-06-2012, 11:02 AM

No. However anyone still writing and taking up the board's time must be-it would save that and allow attentions to focus on signing players, preparing for next season etc.

muzzhfc
21-06-2012, 11:32 AM
i think the board have a general idea as to where we stand. you also have to remember that the EEN published the results of our poll as to whether the huns should get booted or not

Andy74
21-06-2012, 11:37 AM
No. However anyone still writing and taking up the board's time must be-it would save that and allow attentions to focus on signing players, preparing for next season etc.

I think people just want to ensure their own personal voice is heard - anyone bothered surely know what the club has sadi so far.

However, if a statement saying that Hibs are now well aware of the feelings of their fans and advising that they do not wish to enter into any more correspondence about it to concentrate on running our own club will help then great.

VickMackie
21-06-2012, 11:43 AM

I see what you're saying but until they vote there's no problem with keeping the pressure on.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 11:45 AM
I see what you're saying but until they vote there's no problem with keeping the pressure on.

When it's impacting on being able to run the club that's a problem though isn't it?

Do you think in a week's time Hibs will have forgotten what the fans think?

JIm
21-06-2012, 12:00 PM
When it's impacting on being able to run the club that's a problem though isn't it?

Until Hibs actually come out and say it in black and white then i completely agree that the supporters need to continue to put pressure on. I for one will not be happy until i have heard/seen it either on tv or on the official site what their stance is going to be. By not communicating it 100% to the fans then they cant expect anything else other than e-mails.

VickMackie
21-06-2012, 12:04 PM

I don't but still think the fans voices should be heard right til the last minute. The board may be working on a principle that for every fan that emails another 3 or 4 will be feeling the same.

I do agree that nothing is likely to change though.

Thecat23
21-06-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd like to know why not one club has come out right and just said "we don't want a newco Rangers in the SPL". the fan polls tell the same story no matter what club you are. majority do not want them in. I'd love Hibs to be the first to pie the life right out them and I bet the rest or most would do the same. Mr Petrie I think would prob do this, and he would be fully backed by most of us.

JustSimplyHibs
21-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I'd like to know why not one club has come out right and just said "we don't want a newco Rangers in the SPL". the fan polls tell the same story no matter what club you are. majority do not want them in. I'd love Hibs to be the first to pie the life right out them and I bet the rest or most would do the same. Mr Petrie I think would prob do this, and he would be fully backed by most of us.

Seriously though, if the club come out and say what answer they will be voting with, could be viewed by some sections as influencing votes, something which the new owner of Club 12 could contest with authorities.

marinello59
21-06-2012, 12:51 PM

They can't. Effectively Rangers will be getting a hearing, the club can't be seen to pre-judge anything. What the club have said should surely leave nobody in any doubt as to what their intentions are though. Really, do we really need to be spoon fed everything like children?

AllyF
21-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Romanov: "It had to happen sooner or later. (Rangers) hollow victories have destroyed football. Supporters deserve a new beginning."

Wonderful.

Full statement:

"The opinion of Heart of Midlothian FC in regards to the current situation of Scottish football is clear and robust.

"The football mafia represented by former owners of Rangers FC and Rupert Murdoch's media are to blame for some of the worst problems to hit Scottish football and must not be allowed back in under any circumstances.

"As regards the club itself, we can only express our deepest condolences to its supporters, who have been lied to for so many years.

"It had to happen sooner or later. Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.

"All of this brought hollow victories and destroyed football. We can also mention the attempts to eliminate Hearts with the help of the tax petitions, through false accusations and threats to revoke the club license. There is a saying about digging a grave for someone: you get it for yourself …

"Without these people football will become cleaner and stronger. Without Murdoch the whole of society will improve, in particular sport and culture.

"Supporters deserve a new beginning and have to accept the fact that their club has to start from the lower league, keeping order in the SPL and without creating unfair competition with other clubs.

"As regards the pitiful state of Scottish football finances, a lot of the blame should be placed at the doors of Murdoch's media. They pay huge sums to English clubs, whilst in Scotland, where football is better supported per capita than anywhere else in Europe and there are more cable or Sky subscribers per capita than in England, clubs receive peanuts for their broadcasting rights.

"At the very least this is discrimination and protectionism for the English football product, which at the same time stunts the development of the game in Scotland, that is regarded as the cradle of football.

"I feel that it is absolutely realistic to create a company that would bring to Scottish clubs at least the same broadcasting income, and even grow it by 50-100% over the next two to three years. This company should be in the hands of Scottish clubs and work with those who want to earn money the honest way, instead of conducting business the Murdoch way.

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale. A society that allows the destruction of integrity in sport, which is a crucial part of Scottish culture, is destroying itself - and all for the benefit of a media aborigine."

GreenCastle
21-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Mad Vlad is mental but fair play to him since he arrived at the yams he has always been against the Old Firm and their monopoly in the Scottish Game.

This is prime time for change in Scotland with t.v rights / league voting structure / distribution of revenue / league pyramid system - I really just hope the SFA / SPL / SFL come together and sort it all out as this is going to have an effect for the next few years and beyond.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Romanov: "It had to happen sooner or later. (Rangers) hollow victories have destroyed football. Supporters deserve a new beginning."

Wonderful.

I suppose if he's ever to get shot of the yams it's better in some respects if whatever incantation of gers are out of the equation as in theory it makes the possibility of 2nd place more realistic and who knows some may be daft to try to take on tic

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Way to go Vlad! Have to say I'm disappointed he didn't call Murdoch and co. "running dogs", but no need to be churlish.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Vlad is as mad as they come but if he votes againt new huns then good on him.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 01:48 PM
If that didn't come from a team who are just as bad in terms of creating an uneven playing field then it might have made more sense!

ac1
21-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Pretty crazy to think 'Mad Vlad' has been right all along about the establishment!?

Pretty Boy
21-06-2012, 01:51 PM
So thus far in the no camp we have:

Celtic
Hearts
Aberdeen
Hibs

Only one more needed and with Motherwell saying they will let the fans decide and Dundee Utds strongly hinting they will vote against it looks like bye bye huns.

Happy days.

muzzhfc
21-06-2012, 01:51 PM
its a mental statement, but its right in essence. currently we have 2 teams who are against it. us and them. who would of thought hibs and hearts on the same side

Hibs07p
21-06-2012, 01:52 PM
That's not from Vlad! Too many sensible points made in that statement.