PDA

View Full Version : time for Hibs to invest?

gbur123ukgb
12-06-2012, 02:14 PM
with rangers now going to become a newco and be banned from european competiton for three years.
Now is time to invest in quality players as we like every club have the chance to play champions league football for next three years surely now is time to get better players into club in quest of european football.
Also with hearts cutting back we have the chance to become second side in country if not better.

Andy74
12-06-2012, 02:17 PM
with rangers now going to become a newco and be banned from european competiton for three years.
Now is time to invest in quality players as we like every club have the chance to play champions league football for next three years surely now is time to get better players into club in quest of european football.
Also with hearts cutting back we have the chance to become second side in country if not better.

How much are you investing?

gbur123ukgb
12-06-2012, 02:19 PM
a few million quid would prob do it would it not

MSK
12-06-2012, 02:20 PM
a few million quid would prob do it would it notFrom where ..?

PatHead
12-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Problem is only one team qualify for Champions League after this season

gbur123ukgb
12-06-2012, 02:24 PM
extra season tickets sold and run to cup final also would have brought in a good amount of money.
hibs received 1/4 of total sales for the semi final and 1/2 for final not to mention all the cup final merchandise.
also the club pulled a masterstroke in selling more season tickets for coming season with carrot of cup final tickets.
wouldnt be hard for hibs to find a couple of million quid every penny from season ticket sales was promissed from petrie was it not.
also with bamba sell on clause the shortfall would be minor

gbur123ukgb
12-06-2012, 02:25 PM
i wasnt aware of 1 team qualifying
does the other team need to go through qualifiers or do they go into europa league ????????????????

smurf
12-06-2012, 02:32 PM
We just need to invest what we have better and change the mentality of the club. Then we would do more than ok.

Andy74
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM
We just need to invest what we have better and change the mentality of the club. Then we would do more than ok.

Agree

jdships
12-06-2012, 02:40 PM
From where ..?

Exactly and would add WHO FROM ?
Remember we are in the midst of a recession and who in their right mind would invest in a football club especially one who plays in SPL :greengrin:rolleyes:

gbur123ukgb
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
smurf i agree with you just saying maybe we need to spend a bit more than we have in past few years in order to challange up at right end of league good players dont tend to come for free very often now do they what i mean is give coventry what they want for mcpake give him a decent contract however not breaking bank make him captain of club and get other hardworking players who will run through a brick wall for the cause complement them with a few skillfull match winner types these dont need to cost fortunes however we may need to extend wage structure slightly to get the type of players required and again im no sugesting offering ridiculous wages maybe just extending the level by say couple hundred quid etc would make a difference to what we can offer or why no offer same wages as now but big bonus for qualifying for europe and decent cup runs so success is rewarded rather than players being wage stealers like they have been for past few years i feel if you have big bonuses for success we may then have some success lets be honest players now are motivated by money more than anything else

DC_Hibs
12-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Where do these folk come from?

The cup run last season has probably saved us from a c£1m-£1.5m annual loss next time round (to follow the 900k before) but folk still moan constantly that we should loosen the purse strings!!!

iwasthere1972
12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
From where ..?

Well the Queen isn't getting any younger and she's probably got a good few quid to invest rather than keeping it stashed under the Buck mattress. We wouldn't even have to pay HMRC with Betty at the Easter Road helm.

Simples.

smurf
12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
smurf i agree with you just saying maybe we need to spend a bit more than we have in past few years in order to challange up at right end of league good players dont tend to come for free very often now do they what i mean is give coventry what they want for mcpake give him a decent contract however not breaking bank make him captain of club and get other hardworking players who will run through a brick wall for the cause complement them with a few skillfull match winner types these dont need to cost fortunes however we may need to extend wage structure slightly to get the type of players required and again im no sugesting offering ridiculous wages maybe just extending the level by say couple hundred quid etc would make a difference to what we can offer or why no offer same wages as now but big bonus for qualifying for europe and decent cup runs so success is rewarded rather than playersbeingwage stealers like they have beenfor past few years i feel if you have big bonuses for success we may then have some success lets be honest playe now are motivated by money more than anything else

I agree with a lot of that.

We are almost at rock bottom (many will disagree but 10th then 11th then a 5-1 hammering in a cup final means we can't fall by much more)

From such a low base the existing budget needs a top up due to these exceptional circumstances.2

CB_NO3
12-06-2012, 02:49 PM
smurf i agree with you just saying maybe we need to spend a bit more than we have in past few years in order to challange up at right end of league good players dont tend to come for free very often now do they what i mean is give coventry what they want for mcpake give him a decent contract however not breaking bank make him captain of club and get other hardworking players who will run through a brick wall for the cause complement them with a few skillfull match winner types these dont need to cost fortunes however we may need to extend wage structure slightly to get the type of players required and again im no sugesting offering ridiculous wages maybe just extending the level by say couple hundred quid etc would make a difference to what we can offer or why no offer same wages as now but big bonus for qualifying for europe and decent cup runs so success is rewarded rather than players being wage stealers like they have been for past few years i feel if you have big bonuses for success we may then have some success lets be honest players now are motivated by money more than anything else

Love your optimism mate. Any chance you could use a full stop or comma in the future.

MSK
12-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Exactly and would add WHO FROM ?
Remember we are in the midst of a recession and who in their right mind would invest in a football club especially one who plays in SPL :greengrin:rolleyes:

Well the Queen isn't getting any younger and she's probably got a good few quid to invest rather than keeping it stashed under the Buck mattress. We wouldn't even have to pay HMRC with Betty at the Easter Road helm.

Simples.We could always shake those money trees ...:greengrin

joe breezy
12-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I think if the Huns aren't in the SPL all those who say they won't go back of the huns are in the SPL may want to think about how they can contribute towards the club if they can afford it

I'd happily pay £50 for a membership but a real one not a dressed up ticket for an Inverness game at Xmas time

jgl07
12-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Problem is only one team qualify for Champions League after this season

And will face three qualifying rounds.

cocopops1875
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Where do these folk come from?

The cup run last season has probably saved us from a c£1m-£1.5m annual loss next time round (to follow the 900k before) but folk still moan constantly that we should loosen the purse strings!!!

This is exactly my thoughts

Islington Hibs
12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Agree with first post. I have absolutely suported the pay your way approach. But this is our chance. Most of our rivals are bust so time to invest modestly without breaking the bank. Each 1000k on the gate is worth around £400k per year. A punt now worth taking.

Beefster
12-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Love your optimism mate. Any chance you could use a full stop or comma in the future.

Or a question mark?

matty_f
12-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Or a question mark?

:hilarious

Jonnyboy
12-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Or a question mark?

:faf:

iwasthere1972
12-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Or a question mark?

:greengrin

S.sct
14-06-2012, 06:49 PM

Hibs will and can only invest with available funds end off. Think we need to get real and concentrate on building and improving steadily over the next few seasons.

sleeping giant
14-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Brilliant :-)
Or a question mark?

ivan03
18-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Hibs are really going to have to bring in a good few bodies in the coming weeks, but i wish RP would just say to himself, right... we need to get fans in to easter road, and to do that we need exciting players that they want to watch!

whats the use of trying to get reserve players, or lower league players that nobody has heard of, or that are just gonna come in and "do a job". Take a risk Rod, spend that little bit more cash to ensure the players you want come to Hibs and not Aberdeen, or anywhere else, take a risk on players like James McFadden, hes past his best, and he would want a decent wage, so what... give him it, hes exciting and will make fans wanna come and watch, which on the long term means more money coming through turnstiles so he will make it back anyway! Plenty players like that out there, will still be head and shoulders above this league, like your Sauzees etc, past his best, cost a bit extra but wow wasnt he worth it.

I really hope we bring in some exciting players and make a go of a poor league this year, we could easily get europe as the other teams outside celtic and very average!!

Monts
18-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Rod doesnt pick the players to sign.

The manager has an overall budget, which he can spend how he likes.

Where would this heralded extra money come from?

sahib
18-06-2012, 12:26 PM

Hmmm!

Monts
18-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Hmmm!

Do you disagree?

cabbageandribs1875
18-06-2012, 12:29 PM

:hmmm:

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I think its time for our manager to actually manage better with the funds he gets. I dont suppose there's a thread on the Motherwell site asking for more investment?

keep the faith
18-06-2012, 01:09 PM
I think its time for our manager to actually manage better with the funds he gets. I dont suppose there's a thread on the Motherwell site asking for more investment?

Yep. thats a good point.

Jonnyboy
18-06-2012, 09:17 PM

Bugger buying overall's ..... we need new players :greengrin

Beefster
19-06-2012, 03:48 PM

That doesn't really tally with Rodders/Son of Rodders doing the contract negotiations or the stories around the signings of Rankin, Nish, Sproule and O'Connor.

I think the truth is closer to signing players being a collaborative process.

jdships
19-06-2012, 03:56 PM
That doesn't really tally with Rodders/Son of Rodders doing the contract negotiations or the stories around the signings of Rankin, Nish, Sproule and O'Connor.

I think the truth is closer to signing players being a collaborative process.

Can only comment on one of those signings and to be fair details of which I was given second hand ..
The players agent dealt with The Manager re the possibility of his client returning to ER - this was agreed and the wage negotiations were then conducted by RP and the Agent .
The manger had been given guidelines as to what was " in the pot" but the final settlement was with RP ( or his rep)

Lucius Apuleius
19-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Agree with first post. I have absolutely suported the pay your way approach. But this is our chance. Most of our rivals are bust so time to invest modestly without breaking the bank. Each 1000k on the gate is worth around £400k per year. A punt now worth taking.

We are not yams you know. :wink: