PDA

View Full Version : One nil up at HT, Two one down at FT

London Hibee
10-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Kujabi played for the full 90 in a WCQ game for the Gambia today, unfortunately Tanzania came back from being a goal down at half time to win 2-1 with an 84th minute penalty

iwasthere1972
10-06-2012, 09:52 PM
So what is it that your saying?

SMAXXA
10-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Kujabi played for the full 90 in a WCQ game for the Gambia today, unfortunately Tanzania came back from being a goal down at half time to win 2-1 with an 84th minute penalty

Was that **** thompson the ref?

JohnStephens91
10-06-2012, 11:49 PM
I think he is just informing us of how certain players are getting on with their countries. I welcome this as I do not actively seek out the results of Gambia and would like to know how Pa 'Roberto' Kujabi is getting on this summer.

London Hibee
11-06-2012, 07:02 AM
I think he is just informing us of how certain players are getting on with their countries.
Exactly this.

Just thought with all the focus on Euro 2012, people might not have noticed WCQ games in Africa

Viva_Palmeiras
11-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Did he play well ? Concede the penalty ? Have a part in their downfall.
Just a novel choice of thread title...

H18sry
11-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Did he play well ? Concede the penalty ? Have a part in their downfall.
Just a novel choice of thread title...

Better than a headline of "Gambia lose" is it not, thread titles are a hook to get readers, and you were hooked :greengrin

Andy74
11-06-2012, 08:44 AM

Interesting slant. :rolleyes:

Did you report on the 1-1 wioth Morocco last week that he also played in?

Pretty Boy
11-06-2012, 08:53 AM
No wonder some folk hardly bother posting on here.

A poster comes accross a game involving one of our players, let's us know what happened and then gets all sort of suspicion cast on him for no reason that I can see.

Edinburgh Green
11-06-2012, 09:00 AM

A poster comes accross a game involving one of our players, let's us know what happened and then gets all sort of suspicion cast on him for no reason that I can see.

Exactly. If folk aren't interested in how 1 of our players in getting on then hit the 'back' button and read something else rather than making a smart arse comment.

Andy74
11-06-2012, 09:23 AM

You think that's what the thread was about?

I don't.

Thecat23
11-06-2012, 09:28 AM

I don't.

Looks to me the guy is just telling us about one of our players in a WCQ game. Why do so many jump the gun? He's prob came across it and that is all. Strange folk want to grill him. :confused:

Thecat23
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Interesting slant. :rolleyes:

Did you report on the 1-1 wioth Morocco last week that he also played in?

He might not have noticed they were playing last week Andy?:dunno:

Pretty Boy
11-06-2012, 09:35 AM

I don't.

Well the guys a PM so unlikely he's a yam.

Reading the post again I really can't see the problem with it but maybe I'm missing something blindingly obvious.

Thecat23
11-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Well the guys a PM so unlikely he's a yam.

Reading the post again I really can't see the problem with it but maybe I'm missing something blindingly obvious.

I'm with you here PB I really can't see what the fuss is about? I'm always happy to hear how our players get on playing for their countries. Unless this guy usually winds people up I can't see what he's done here.

Andy74
11-06-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm with you here PB I really can't see what the fuss is about? I'm always happy to hear how our players get on playing for their countries. Unless this guy usually winds people up I can't see what he's done here.

I'm not suggesting the poster is a Yam or on the wind up, however, and I'm not alone in pointing out, it was an interesting slant on the title and content bearing in mind Kujabi getting stick now on here for his part in the final and the penalty.

I think it's fairly good news that one of our current players is playing for his country in World Cup qualifiers.

It's the second games he's played in the last week or so, the other being a very good 1-21 draw with Morocco.

Not really the gist of the opening post though, is it?

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2012, 09:48 AM

Bet you wish you hadn't bothered with that now, although I fail to see where some folks emotional upset is coming from.

JimBHibees
11-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm not suggesting the poster is a Yam or on the wind up, however, and I'm not alone in pointing out, it was an interesting slant on the title and content bearing in mind Kujabi getting stick now on here for his part in the final and the penalty.

I think it's fairly good news that one of our current players is playing for his country in World Cup qualifiers.

It's the second games he's played in the last week or so, the other being a very good 1-21 draw with Morocco.

Jeezo Kujabi must have been playing the 90 if they lost 1-21. Get him punted. :greengrin

Thecat23
11-06-2012, 09:56 AM

I felt sorry on Kujabi in the final. He was having a tough time and Hearts put 2 men on him at times and I think any player would have struggled at times. PF and BB for me got that wrong. I said to my mate weeks before Hearts would expose and would expect BB to maybe put Francombe in there or tell PF to maybe try that. Anyway that's all history. Hope he does well for his country and gives him a bit confidence.

FitbaFolkKen
11-06-2012, 11:18 AM

What is the gist? All it says is Kujabi played 90 minutes and unfortunately lost. If you read an agenda in that post then I'm genuinely baffled!

Viva_Palmeiras
11-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Looks to me the guy is just telling us about one of our players in a WCQ game. Why do so many jump the gun? He's prob came across it and that is all. Strange folk want to grill him. :confused:

Fair enough.

Apologies for leaving the trailing foot in the tackle London Hibee - thought I caught a glimpse of too much of the ball ;)

Thecat23
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Fair enough.

Apologies for leaving the trailing foot in the tackle London Hibee - thought I caught a glimpse of too much of the ball ;)

Ref is letting you off with just a warning :wink:

BEEJ
11-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for posting this information. Wouldn't have known otherwise.

JustSimplyHibs
11-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Bet you wish you hadn't bothered with that now, although I fail to see where some folks emotional upset is coming from.

I would put it down to pure sexual frustration :wink:

Golden Bear
11-06-2012, 01:25 PM

Thanks for the info London. :aok:

A Hibs player featuring in a World Cup qualifying fixture really is news as it seldom happens these days.

London Hibee
11-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Ok, so obviously a slow news day on here today, then

Apologies for any offence caused, I was innocently and perhaps, with hindsight, naively pointing out that Kujabi has played for The Gambia yesterday.

I have no agenda, I wasn't having a go and I'm most definitely not a Yam

I was sitting at home last night reading twitter on my phone, and saw a tweet from the guys at Sandals For Goalposts http://sandalsforgoalposts.com/ that there had been CAF WCQ games yesterday.

I'm genuinely interested in African football (I went to all 3 Côte d'Ivoire games in the South African World Cup in the hope that Sol would get a game) and was intrigued by the fact that while the whole of the footballing world were focussed on the two games in Poland, one of our players was representing his country in East Africa

I went onto ESPN Soccernet to find out the details, but this was all they had http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=341635&cc=5739 and so I all I knew was that Kujabi had played and when the goals had been scored.

So I didn't have much to go on, in the thread title and as I was keying my post from my phone, kept the actual post fairly brief. I'll know better next time.

FWIW, I'm a fan of Kujabi, and amused by the whole "Gambian Roberto Carlos" nickname, I even pointed out to the guys at Sandals for Goalposts that there was a Gambian playing in the SPL, with a nickname that had following him from West Africa http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/hibs-to-have-another-look-at-kujabi-today

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Never realised he had a trial with The Hammers, you learn something new every day!

Barman Stanton
11-06-2012, 04:00 PM

Spot on, iv read the first post a few times and have no idea why the guy is getting a hard time.

FitbaFolkKen
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok, so obviously a slow news day on here today, then

Apologies for any offence caused, I was innocently and perhaps, with hindsight, naively pointing out that Kujabi has played for The Gambia yesterday.

I have no agenda, I wasn't having a go and I'm most definitely not a Yam

I was sitting at home last night reading twitter on my phone, and saw a tweet from the guys at Sandals For Goalposts http://sandalsforgoalposts.com/ that there had been CAF WCQ games yesterday.

I'm genuinely interested in African football (I went to all 3 Côte d'Ivoire games in the South African World Cup in the hope that Sol would get a game) and was intrigued by the fact that while the whole of the footballing world were focussed on the two games in Poland, one of our players was representing his country in East Africa

I went onto ESPN Soccernet to find out the details, but this was all they had http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=341635&cc=5739 and so I all I knew was that Kujabi had played and when the goals had been scored.

So I didn't have much to go on, in the thread title and as I was keying my post from my phone, kept the actual post fairly brief. I'll know better next time.

FWIW, I'm a fan of Kujabi, and amused by the whole "Gambian Roberto Carlos" nickname, I even pointed out to the guys at Sandals for Goalposts that there was a Gambian playing in the SPL, with a nickname that had following him from West Africa http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/hibs-to-have-another-look-at-kujabi-today

I wouldn't worry some folk on here find agendas in their own posts.