PDA

View Full Version : Will We See A Cull Of Under Contract Players?

smurf
10-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Too many not good enough.

An expensive business paying them off but a risky business that could prove expensive keeping them on...

IWasThere2016
10-06-2012, 05:39 PM

An expensive business paying them off but a risky business that could prove expensive keeping them on...

No. Players won't relocate their families for say a season long deal and will go elsewhere. Or we have to pay over the odds for one years deals .. And the player if successful he will move and we'll lose out - I doubt RP would take that risk.

Dr Jimmy
10-06-2012, 05:54 PM
No. Players won't relocate their families for say a season long deal and will go elsewhere. Or we have to pay over the odds for one years deals .. And the player if successful he will move and we'll lose out - I doubt RP would take that risk.

what does that mean in English? :-)

cad
10-06-2012, 06:05 PM

We are f.....d

BEEJ
10-06-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm certainly surprised we haven't yet heard about more departures.

Eleven so far - seven players on loan, two youngsters and two senior first team squad members.

smurf
10-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm certainly surprised we haven't yet heard about more departures.

Eleven so far - seven players on loan, two youngsters and two senior first team squad members.

We need a lot more out the door otherwise nothing is going to change.

number9dream
10-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Jimmy Scott is sure to be punted. O'Hanlon might get a friendly word of advice on finding a new club.
Is it worth sticking with David Stephens? He looks the part and will be on a low wage but no use keeping him if he's not going to be involved.

Pretty Boy
10-06-2012, 07:51 PM
I can honestly say that I wouldn't be hugely upset to see any players under contract go.

Obviously guys like Hanlon, Booth and Wotherspoon might still fulfil potential. However there's no way I'd be even close to being as gutted as I was when the likes of Riordan, Brown, Thomson, Stokes et el left.

marinello59
10-06-2012, 07:53 PM

Eddie Turnbull famously shipped out an entire team when he took over at Aberdeen and laid the foundations on which their eighties success was built. That was probably a much cheaper exercise in relative terms back then though. After the cup final I would happily have seen every single one of them shown the door. As has been pointed out though many were on loan and have already left. We are a mess but the reality is that Pat Fenlon will have to have a fair few players signed before he can punt the makeweights .

IWasThere2016
10-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Means I misunderstood the OP's point :greengrin

Sir David Gray
10-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Any of the players who are currently under contract could leave tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eyelid, in fact I probably wouldn't even notice that they were gone.

And that's no exaggeration either.

matty_f
10-06-2012, 10:00 PM
After the cup final I just wanted to see the back of this team. Nothing has really changed to be honest.

c31
10-06-2012, 10:16 PM
After the cup final I just wanted to see the back of this team. Nothing has really changed to be honest.

And the board, manager & coaching staff. All involved should be sacked. A fresh start is not just required but necessary.

smurf
10-06-2012, 10:43 PM
To move on we need a complete overhaul. The 19th wasn't just a bad day at the office. It was the culmination of a lot of factors.

I hope to see very few if any of that team ever again.

McPake aside.

muzzhfc
10-06-2012, 11:40 PM
other than jimmy scott, who would we want to see punted. I think ozzy is a decent player so id keep him, sproule - impact sub next season, kujabi - left midfielder/sub next season, booth - ??? maybe a loan, spoony - loan, hanlon - keep, o'hanlon - punt. thats pretty much the squad we have for next season as things stand (no official word on club signings at time of posting)

TrickyNicky
10-06-2012, 11:59 PM
other than jimmy scott, who would we want to see punted. I think ozzy is a decent player so id keep him, sproule - impact sub next season, kujabi - left midfielder/sub next season, booth - ??? maybe a loan, spoony - loan, hanlon - keep, o'hanlon - punt. thats pretty much the squad we have for next season as things stand (no official word on club signings at time of posting)

That's because we are keeping a close eye on some prospects at The Euros!

I shouldn't have posted the above but I have found myself being nastier about Hibs than any Jambo bawbag has ever managed to muster - anyone know which medication to take?

I sincerely hope that the " silence " implies that Hibs are doing absolutely everything and then some to finally make their boldest, strongest, most positive plan for moving forward in our club's history.

They must know the anger and frustration felt by all and will have no other choice than to be pro active at this moment.... or am I just having another uppy and downy episode ??

DH1875
11-06-2012, 12:07 AM

Booth aside, I'd get rid of everyone of the guy's you've mentioned. I honestly don't see why so many people think ozzy is a decent player :confused:.

silverhibee
11-06-2012, 12:24 AM
Jimmy Scott is sure to be punted. O'Hanlon might get a friendly word of advice on finding a new club.
Is it worth sticking with David Stephens? He looks the part and will be on a low wage but no use keeping him if he's not going to be involved.

Who is going to want him and who in there right mind would pay a fee for him, he will never get a deal like the one he got from Hibs in his career again, he will either sit it out up in the stand or the club will have to pay him off to get rid of him, can we afford to pay him off.

O'Hanlon, needs to go.

Keep Stephens for another season, young and still learning his trade. :agree:

silverhibee
11-06-2012, 12:30 AM
[/B]
That's because we are keeping a close eye on some prospects at The Euros!

I shouldn't have posted the above but I have found myself being nastier about Hibs than any Jambo bawbag has ever managed to muster - anyone know which medication to take?

I sincerely hope that the " silence " implies that Hibs are doing absolutely everything and then some to finally make their boldest, strongest, most positive plan for moving forward in our club's history.

They must know the anger and frustration felt by all and will have no other choice than to be pro active at this moment.... or am I just having another uppy and downy episode ??
http://www.cqld.ca/livre/en/en/images/25.jpg
Helps a little.

brydekirk
11-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Ross county will take Scott on loan, probs our only hope for him.

Hamish
11-06-2012, 05:17 AM
I would have thought Yogi would be interested in taking perhaps a couple on loan at Livi?

TamHibs
11-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Maybe a stupid question but has Garry actually left? I know some paper reports & his (fake) twitter account says he has but I haven't seen anything officially from Hibs.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?erhkgu

Peevemor
11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Maybe a stupid question but has Garry actually left? I know some paper reports & his (fake) twitter account says he has but I haven't seen anything officially from Hibs.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?erhkgu

His contract was until the end of the season.

Andy74
11-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Whilst it would be great to start almost afresh it's quite tricky to deal with players who previous managers signed up for longer contracts.

I think we need to remember that we got rid of a number of in contract players in Janaury, probably at a large cost. I think those were largely related to attitiude and effect on the squad.

So I think we need to rely on other teams being willing to take players from us. Hibs is as big a most of these will get and so cash on offer will be a probalem to get them to move on.

I'd be happy enough with at least making a start in changing things on ensuring the players we get in for the current spaces are the right ones. Those that are still here can be moved on in due course.

TamHibs
11-06-2012, 11:00 AM
His contract was until the end of the season.

I know that but technically his contract will run until 31st June, could we possibly see him getting another deal now that his fraud case has been dropped & more than likely wont face any jail time?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0zhp01

Squealing pig
11-06-2012, 06:39 PM

i think jimmy scott is twice the player ozzy is just doesnt get a chance.

tamig
11-06-2012, 08:15 PM
i think jimmy scott is twice the player ozzy is just doesnt get a chance.

What do you base that on? Don't agree on what I've seen of both players since they joined the club.

AlbertK86
11-06-2012, 09:34 PM
We need a lot more out the door otherwise nothing is going to change.

Smurf yer spot on and I really hope it happens.

As previously mentioned I couldnae give a toss if none of that mob that played in the final ( other than McPake) never wore the green again

Keep the youngsters but bin the rest and get a whole new squad in.

Unfortunately this is totally impracticable in those harsh financial times but lets get rid of as many as possible