PDA

View Full Version : Yams Sergio out, McGlynn in (merged)

pacorosssco
31-05-2012, 10:50 PM
heres goes. they cant afford sergio due to sporting paying more than half his wage last year so..........................

bring on the next puppet

heard it here first, also skacel and black offered one year deal

source. guy at golf course that ive never met but hes scott wilsons lover

lets see what happens

hibee92
31-05-2012, 10:56 PM
he was linked last year and was apparently dead cert at one point, wouldn't surprise me. He was the gaffer at Kaunas when they beat the Huns in Europe.

Ultrabee1-0
31-05-2012, 11:02 PM
so is paulo not there no more?...

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Black asked for hearts not to invoke the 1yr extension they were able to, did he not?

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Was interviewed down in London after the cup final with the mad one.
In attendance was his number two Coco Palhaçao. Apparently their car broke down en route to the hotel 3 times.

Rossco1875
01-06-2012, 07:26 AM
I heard a rumor through a jambo work colleague that sergio wont be offered a new deal and the man to replace him will be paul hartley.

Duffys13
01-06-2012, 07:35 AM
I heard a rumor through a jambo work colleague that sergio wont be offered a new deal and the man to replace him will be paul hartley.

That would make me laugh, especially as the wee fud was part of the three that "stood up" about the way Romanov was running the club.

malagahibby
01-06-2012, 08:17 AM
That would make me laugh, especially as the wee fud was part of the three that "stood up" about the way Romanov was running the club.

Why would he want to leave a well organised team like the wasps to have 3-6 months at ***********?
He also is one of the "Traitors" that Mad Vlad ranted about-so no chance.

JimBHibees
01-06-2012, 09:24 AM
heres goes. they cant afford sergio due to sporting paying more than half his wage last year so..........................

bring on the next puppet

lets see what happens

Is this right?

PatHead
01-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Anyone seen JJ in or around a changing room at Tynecastle?

The Green Goblin
01-06-2012, 05:33 PM
If true, paulo sergio will be a huge loss for them, imho.

Albion Hibs
01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
The new financial fair play rules are going to kill the hertz having to pay on time means paying peanuts, so fingers crossed they end up with a bunch of monkeys.

I can see paulo leaving but i dont see either black or his pal rudi getting a new deal on anything like the money they will be looking for.

Black will be off to play for the full fat huns and i dont care where the other one goes.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-06-2012, 11:03 AM
to be fair to Vlad, he did choose well in Sergio.

MSK
02-06-2012, 11:08 AM
The new financial fair play rules are going to kill the hertz having to pay on time means paying peanuts, so fingers crossed they end up with a bunch of monkeys.

I can see paulo leaving but i dont see either black or his pal rudi getting a new deal on anything like the money they will be looking for.

Black will be off to play for the full fat huns and i dont care where the other one goes.Didnt Sergio not say his future will be known in 42 hrs ...72 hrs ago ..?...:greengrin

Jim44
02-06-2012, 02:09 PM

bring on the next puppet

lets see what happens

Why were they paying half his wages?

ALF TUPPER
02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
to be fair to Vlad, he did choose well in Sergio.

Yeah. I agree. While i have normally no time for anything jamboesque - sergio did a damned fine job with that lot last year.
Spoke sense with some humour a few times too .

Hope for him that he gets out if that cesspit soon. Maybe even pick up a set of eyebrows on the way too.

Glory Glory

Ps ......Rod , wheres my season ticket. I want it now !! :)

hopefulhibby
02-06-2012, 02:40 PM
If true, paulo sergio will be a huge loss for them, imho.
Would you have him at ER?

son of haggart
02-06-2012, 03:26 PM

He's a very good manager and would be a good shout (ifFenlon left you and he left us but I doubt that will happen this season, or at least before christmas)

However I doubt if he would come to you. He's big on respect and loyalty and I don't think he would be comfortable crossing the city and managing the rivals. I wuuld think he is also expensive, as he comes with a portuguese coaching team, which would undoubtedly be a factor.

The Green Goblin
02-06-2012, 10:57 PM

To answer your question in a roundabout way, I would always do the right thing by Fenlon first and foremost. I just think Sergio was/is a decent manager; a good tactician and he knows how to be dignified and articulate in his interviews. I'll give him that much and I think that's fair comment

In that respect, I don't really see him as a proper yam in the way I see, say, JJ, so personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't ever accept seeing it happen at Fenlon's expense.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-06-2012, 11:00 AM
To answer your question in a roundabout way, I would always do the right thing by Fenlon first and foremost. I just think Sergio was/is a decent manager; a good tactician and he knows how to be dignified and articulate in his interviews. I'll give him that much and I think that's fair comment

In that respect, I don't really see him as a proper yam in the way I see, say, JJ, so personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't ever accept seeing it happen at Fenlon's expense.

Any mileage in the Palhaçao rumour ?

Jim44
03-06-2012, 11:10 PM

bring on the next puppet

lets see what happens

No Jambos taking the bait ....................... not a dickybird about it overby. A few months ago they'd have at least been heehawing it in a three page thread.

Jim44
04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
No Jambos taking the bait ....................... not a dickybird about it overby. A few months ago they'd have at least been heehawing it in a three page thread.

Change that ......... There's a reference to 'hobo rumour' in a Sergio thread now

ekhibee
05-06-2012, 07:44 PM

Yes, definitely, he's a good manager and a good tactician. Seems a knowledgeable guy as well, and if he's got any kind of ambition left he will get out of the SPL. One thing that does stick in my mind from a while ago though is that seemingly when he was at Sporting Lisbon (I think that's where he was before Hearts) some of the players really disliked him, but that's irrelevant in the context of the question I suppose.

jacomo
06-06-2012, 02:26 PM

He's bested our manager pretty comprehensively in their encounters. He's also tried to get them weaned off their hoofball. So, yes, I would welcome Sergio at Hibs.

MountcastleHibs
07-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Might happen now. Sergio fails to agree new contract.

FranckSuzy
07-06-2012, 08:44 PM
On Twitter 'Evening News‏@edinburghpaper (News‏@edinburghpaper) Paulo Sergio has left Hearts, the club has announced.

SteveHFC
07-06-2012, 08:48 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/gif-2-thumbs-up.gif

HibbyAndy
07-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Mon the wage cuts :cb

SaulGoodman
07-06-2012, 08:49 PM
He must be the only Hertz manager I've had the tiniest bit of respect for, always spoke sense. Wasn't lured into making sly digs against us...

Still, cheerio ya trumpet!" :jamboak:

hibernianyank
07-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Na na na na na na na na na see ya later Sergio!!!

cabbageandribs1875
07-06-2012, 08:52 PM
i'l miss his(lack of)

http://www.eyebrowz.com/wsmmgw3.jpg

frazeHFC
07-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Good. Tbh very good manager.

BEEJ
07-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Well there goes the only shred of integrity that club has had over the last nine months or so.

H18sry
07-06-2012, 08:55 PM
We can rip the P all we want but he has enhanced his CV no end by humping us :agree:

ronaldo7
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120607/paulo-exits-hearts_2241384_2805297

Cheerio Sergio Cheerio

Phil D. Rolls
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/gif-2-thumbs-up.gif

:aok: :top marks :hibees

Wish him well, he seemed like a really decent, genuine bloke - caught up in a nightmare world, and managing to make the most of a horrible situation.

SaulGoodman
07-06-2012, 08:56 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m597daZx671ql3p55.gif

SteveHFC
07-06-2012, 08:58 PM

:top marks

thekaratekid
07-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Carried himself far better than any Hearts manager I care to remember.

He'll be a big loss for them.

TheEastTerrace
07-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Think it speaks volumes that he knocked back the Yams' offer. Came across as a fairly level-headed guy, far too 'normal' for that place.

JohnStephens91
07-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Hopefully he lands a job he deserves, he always seemed like a top quality manager, wasted himself at Hearts. Always dignified and maintained the cash crisis very well, so I'm glad he is gone. Hopefully they get another diddy like Rix or fat Robertson in to replace him. Can't wait to see the back of Sergio.

Sylar
07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
It's a shame in a sense, as I enjoy listening to folk in Scottish Football who have both a healthy respect for their fellow professionals as well as a knowledge of the game.

He clearly had both and the good extent to which he conducted himself is quite apparent when a departing Hearts manager receives praise/credit/acknowledgement in it's various guises on here.

I'll be glad to see the back of him, as his record against us is ridiculous!

HappyHibee1990
07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Na nana nana na na na na na Paulo Sergio where'd he go? where'd he, where'd he go? Haha :D

Billychaotic182
07-06-2012, 09:09 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

SteveHFC
07-06-2012, 09:11 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ip48Z.gif

Dunbar Hibee
07-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Genuine guy, really good manager. Glad he's gone!

VickMackie
07-06-2012, 09:14 PM
It's a shame in a sense, as I enjoy listening to folk in Scottish Football who have both a healthy respect for their fellow professionals as well as a knowledge of the game.

He clearly had both and the good extent to which he conducted himself is quite apparent when a departing Hearts manager receives praise/credit/acknowledgement in it's various guises on here.

I'll be glad to see the back of him, as his record against us is ridiculous!

I agree with this. Seems like a good guy.

Not surprised that he's gone though. Hopefully they lose a few more trumpets.

SaulGoodman
07-06-2012, 09:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ip48Z.gif
:not worth

Gerard
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM
A good manager and sad that he went to them
G

Pedantic_Hibee
07-06-2012, 09:18 PM
What's the mood like on Kickback? Still unanimously sooking Vlad's plums I bet?

Hibernia&Alba
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Great news. Their collapse draws a day nearer :flag:

ScottB
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
First Hearts manager since Burley I've been glad to see the back of from our point of view. Given the cuts they face he'd smart to go now anyway.

Newhaven
07-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Thing is they could employ a broom handle and their team could still turn us over

SaulGoodman
07-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Thing is they could employ a broom handle and their team could still turn us over
I don't know, what's the odds on CC? :thumbsup:

Newhaven
07-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Great news. Their collapse draws a day nearer :flag:

Yeah in 2005 they were going bust :rolleyes:

Newhaven
07-06-2012, 09:28 PM

The handle could have done 10 times better than him in his time at Hibs

SaulGoodman
07-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Someones been on the Valium tonight! :wink:

The handle could have done 10 times better than him in his time at Hibs

Definitely mate! I'd rather have had the handle!

Wembley67
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
What's all this yam love in??? Anyone that is employed by them is a nonce plain and simple, when did we all get doey eyed?!

JE89
07-06-2012, 09:35 PM
What's all this yam love in??? Anyone that is employed by them is a nonce plain and simple, when did we all get doey eyed?!

Or rationale.

I find it quite refreshing. Good news for us.

Newhaven
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Someones been on the Valium tonight! :wink:

Definitely mate! I'd rather have had the handle!

Valium went a long time ago but that's for another thread :greengrin. Just heard it so many times from hibs fans over the years that they're going bust, no players, etc yet they keep beating us time and time again...

SaulGoodman
07-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Valium went a long time ago but that's for another thread :greengrin. Just heard it so many times from hibs fans over the years that they're going bust, no players, etc yet they keep beating us time and time again...
Yeah I know what you mean :greengrin

Bighoose
07-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Has Fat Jim Knew been spotted in George Street yet?

iwasthere1972
07-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Great news. Had respect for Sergio. Not the usual Yam manager trumpet.

Hope they employ some diddy who gets used to us beating them.

GreenCastle
07-06-2012, 09:59 PM
It's nothing to do with a yam love in.

It's being a realist and the fact he was a decent manager who did well under difficult circumstances. He manged most of the time to get results when it mattered and several against us unfortunately.

Had it been JJ who won the Scottish Cup against us it would have been even worse :jamboak: - fact was Sergio conducted himself in a dignified manner and they will miss him and his coaching staff. :bye:

Have a feeling he may go abroad or may even get a job down south as there seems to be a few of them vacant right now. :agree:

Diclonius
07-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Good to hear. Didn't mind him, he always gave us a lot of respect. Mind you, that probably played a big hand in them battering us. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the next one in is a total trumpet who slates us constantly. If we can get in a squad who isn't the usual bunch of no hopers then that might provide us some ammunition and self respect to defend.

matty_f
07-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Gary Cocke to be the next one, maybe?

iwasthere1972
07-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Vlad should kiss and make up with Elvis and offer him the job.

dchibs
07-06-2012, 10:32 PM

CC will always be a number 2, Perhaps they will want him good colour match,:wink:

Jim44
07-06-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm not so sure it's necessarilly good news. By not rewarding Sergio for one of the best results in their history, Vlad has essentially decided to sack him. I doubt if he would do that unless he had someone to fill Sergio's shoes. He won't replace him with a third-rate monkey.

steakbake
07-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Sergio is a good manager and I liked him as a figure in the game. I hope he enjoyed his time in our city.

Long Time Hibee
07-06-2012, 10:49 PM
It's nothing to do with a yam love in.

It's being a realist and the fact he was a decent manager who did well under difficult circumstances. He manged most of the time to get results when it mattered and several against us unfortunately.

Had it been JJ who won the Scottish Cup against us it would have been even worse :jamboak: - fact was Sergio conducted himself in a dignified manner and they will miss him and his coaching staff. :bye:

Have a feeling he may go abroad or may even get a job down south as there seems to be a few of them vacant right now. :agree:

Agreed NJ. :agree: Seemed like a very good coach so am glad to see him go. Their loss without a doubt which should be good for us.

Gary Locke in temporary charge, another Fat Jim in the making. Would love to see us hammer them with him in charge. :greengrin

Come on Pat. :pfgwa

GGTHH

lyonhibs
07-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Keeps up the great track record of winning the Scottish Cup with them, then being sacked - either immediately or after a wee gap a la Jeffries.

That said, unless we improve beyond recognition vs. last season, they could employ The Cookie Monster as Manager and still roger us from dawn to dusk, so I'll be keeping the champagne on ice at the moment.

Sir David Gray
08-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Keeps up the great track record of winning the Scottish Cup with them, then being sacked - either immediately or after a wee gap a la Jeffries.

That said, unless we improve beyond recognition vs. last season, they could employ The Cookie Monster as Manager and still roger us from dawn to dusk, so I'll be keeping the champagne on ice at the moment.

:agree: I couldn't care less about this news to be honest.

They are so far ahead of us at the moment that getting rid of their manager and losing a couple of their players really won't make any difference at all to how we're going to do against them next season.

We need to focus on our own improvements over the summer and not hope for Hearts to simply implode to allow us to challenge them.

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2012, 12:28 AM

Their manager has just won the cup then they get rid. Their Rangers scenario is coming, mate. A corrupt regime that falls apart!

Pete
08-06-2012, 12:30 AM
:agree: I couldn't care less about this news to be honest.

They are so far ahead of us at the moment that getting rid of their manager and losing a couple of their players really won't make any difference at all to how we're going to do against them next season.

We need to focus on our own improvements over the summer and not hope for Hearts to simply implode to allow us to challenge them.

It might well be next season as they are going to go through a transitional period also. This is them doing something they haven't done in a long, long time: make a decision based on a realistic budget.

A couple of years ago they would have given Sergio a pay rise and brought in some other players on high wages. This hasn't happened because they now cant afford a manager like Paulo Sergio or these players that are of a sufficient quality to inflict misery on us.

We might not win every game next season but the playing field has leveled and I'm optimistic.

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2012, 12:34 AM
It might well be next season as they are going to go through a transitional period also. This is them doing something they haven't done in a long, long time: make a decision based on a realistic budget.

A couple of years ago they would have given Sergio a pay rise and brought in some other players on high wages. This hasn't happened because they now cant afford a manager like Paulo Sergio or these players that are of a sufficient quality to inflict misery on us.

We might not win every game next season but the playing field has leveled and I'm optimistic.

Correct. Hunsville awaits the mini-brethren unless there are huge cutbacks.

blairwallace
08-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Now sack Gary Locke for his inspirational team talks and we're a step closer to beating THEM! :greengrin

lord bunberry
08-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Rats deserting a sinking ship

Barney McGrew
08-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Big teams offer wage cuts to cup winning managers.

VickMackie
08-06-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm not so sure it's necessarilly good news. By not rewarding Sergio for one of the best results in their history, Vlad has essentially decided to sack him. I doubt if he would do that unless he had someone to fill Sergio's shoes. He won't replace him with a third-rate monkey.

It sounds to me that the sticking point was his wage offer and not an issue with the playing budget.

That makes me think they'll be looking in the bargain basement for a manager. They might get lucky but hopefully not.

pacorosssco
08-06-2012, 06:51 AM
As far as I was told its not really vlads fault as such sporting were still paying sergio over 50 % of his last salary. Well over hundred thousand a year and closer to two. Hearts cant afford to match anywhere near that now Sporting payments stopped.

Andy74
08-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Was he any good? 3rd biggest squad and budget by a mile and where did they finish?

EdinMike
08-06-2012, 07:59 AM
It's clearly a money/contract thing. But who cares !

down-the-slope
08-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Great news. Had respect for Sergio. Not the usual Yam manager trumpet.

Hope they employ some diddy who gets used to us beating them.

:agree: he never showed disrespect and was pretty good with media, and moulded some decent players and a lot of journeymen into an effective team....

Vlad Puppet whos happy to let the owner pick the team please.....

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2012, 08:20 AM
:agree: he never showed disrespect and was pretty good with media, and moulded some decent players and a lot of journeymen into an effective team....

:agree:

Kato
08-06-2012, 08:28 AM

Vlad doesn't play with his toy any more. He's got a chiny new Basketball set that takes up his leisure time.

Cabbage East
08-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Why is everyone saying how good a coach he was? He's had the biggest budget by far of any team outwith Celtic and Rangers yet they barely scraped into the top 6 last season?

Andy74
08-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Why is everyone saying how good a coach he was? He's had the biggest budget by far of any team outwith Celtic and Rangers yet they barely scraped into the top 6 last season?

Ahem, some of the more perceptive posters have mentioned this already. :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2012, 08:42 AM
IMO they have lost a good manager.

Pro footballers are well known for getting huffy when the money isnt right, never mind if its not being paid at all, so from that perspective he must have something about him to get them to perform under those circumstances.

Lets hope the Yams go cheap for the next guy. It has rarely worked for us, lets hope its the same for them.

Treadstone
08-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Was he any good? 3rd biggest squad and budget by a mile and where did they finish?

Well said . Post number 82 and the first one that tells it like it is . Budget almost double of any club outside of the Old Firm and finished behind Motherwell . Won the cup by essentially playing well against Celtic for 45 mins (credit Sergio for that, made a good sub decision). Could have been out against St Johnstone (dodgy last minute penalty) and St Mirren (completely outplayed in first half of first tie and poor refereeing in replay).

He has looked at the big picture here slashed budget , insane owner and wage cut and doesn't fancy it . His stock is currently high and with a good agent might find himself in a decent job in the championship .

iwasthere1972
08-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Alan McLaren has just been on SSN suggesting Hartley, Pressley or McGlynn for the Tynecastle hotseat.

Yes please.

MSK
08-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Alan McLaren has just been on SSN suggesting Hartley, Pressley or McGlynn for the Tynecastle hotseat.

Yes please.:agree:

R'Albin
08-06-2012, 09:55 AM

:greengrin :top marks

Hibernia Na Eir
08-06-2012, 10:00 AM
find it difficult to celebrate PS departing them after the horror show a few weeks ago. He was a very good manager though and will be a huge loss to them.

Baldy Foghorn
08-06-2012, 10:08 AM
find it difficult to celebrate PS departing them after the horror show a few weeks ago. He was a very good manager though and will be a huge loss to them.

I get what you are saying, but he was a great Manager for them, and yet again they seem to want to shoot themselves in the foot....The Final is past, and having to bring in a new Manager with different ideas, different tactics etc, might actually weaken them, which can only be a positive for me....

HibbyAndy
08-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Rat face and Captain caveman have got as much chance of getting the gig at the big pink chocolate factory as i have of pumping Cheryl Cole, They are 2/3rds of the 'Riccarton 3'

Expect some half ersed rapist from Bulgaria or a Peado fae Lithuania getting the joab.

R'Albin
08-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Rat face and Captain caveman have got as much chance of getting the gig at the big pink chocolate factory as i have of pumping Cheryl Cole, They are 2/3rds of the 'Riccarton 3'

Expect some half ersed rapist from Bulgaria or a Peado fae Lithuania getting the joab.

They are obviously struggling when they can't even afford a proper rapist :greengrin

HibbyAndy
08-06-2012, 10:15 AM
They are obviously struggling when they can't even afford a proper rapist :greengrin

Exactly:greengrin

jacomo
08-06-2012, 10:25 AM
I get what you are saying, but he was a great Manager for them, and yet again they seem to want to shoot themselves in the foot....The Final is past, and having to bring in a new Manager with different ideas, different tactics etc, might actually weaken them, which can only be a positive for me....

Hearts will definitely be weaker next term. They would really have to pull a rabbit from the hat to get as good a manager as Sergio, and their squad will be significantly poorer.

Will Hibs close the gap though?

Cabbage East
08-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Ahem, some of the more perceptive posters have mentioned this already. :wink:

Oops :greengrin

08-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Sergio and hearts have parted company after failing to agree a new deal. Another twist in the mad Vlad rollercoaster!

08-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Sergio and hearts have parted company. Another twist in the Vlad rollercoaster!

keep the faith
08-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Sergio and hearts have parted company. Another twist in the mad Vlad rollercoaster!

Mate there is already a 4 pager on this.

08-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Yes please.

Would Vlad take back one of the infamous "Riccarton 3" though? After that happened he shafted them one by one out the club.

PatHead
08-06-2012, 01:32 PM
A couple of Hearts supporter tell me that unlike Plooky or Cpt Caveman, Hartley still has a relationship with Mad Vlad and indeed met him before the last game. Don't know if they are desperate on an ex Hearts man and an urban myth has evolved but wouldn't surprise me.

Vlad could be shrewd enough to keep the supporters onside whilst slashing the budget and I doubt Hartley would be too expensive.

cabbageandribs1875
08-06-2012, 01:35 PM

have yi saw her without her make-up oan :Ummm:

Kato
08-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Hartley still has a relationship with Mad Vlad

I know a song about that.

08-06-2012, 02:08 PM
10 managers in 8 years hearts have been through!

jgl07
08-06-2012, 02:16 PM
10 managers in 8 years hearts have been through!

Hibs have had almost as many.

Baldy Foghorn
08-06-2012, 02:18 PM

Was thinking that too jgl07, our record is not exemplary in managerial stakes....

danhibees1875
08-06-2012, 02:22 PM
I know a song about that.

:tee hee:

08-06-2012, 02:25 PM

Yes but they have all be *****, hearts get rid of decent managers like Burley and Sergio.

truehibernian
08-06-2012, 02:26 PM

Yes please.

Don't worry if you think the colour settings are off on your telly mate.......Alan McLaren really is that purple :greengrin Reminds me of Voilet Beauregarde in Willy Wonka when she eats a particularly nasty piece of chewing gum.

jgl07
08-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Was thinking that too jgl07, our record is not exemplary in managerial stakes....

In the last ten years:

Alex McLeish
Franck Sauzée
Bobby Williamson
Tony Mowbray
John Collins
Mixu Paatelainen
John Hughes
Colin Calderwood
Pat Fenlon

There is at least one caretaker between Williamson and Mowbray. There may have been more.

fat freddy
08-06-2012, 02:31 PM
In the last ten years:

Alex McLeish
Franck Sauzée
Bobby Williamson
Tony Mowbray
John Collins
Mixu Paatelainen
John Hughes
Colin Calderwood
Pat Fenlon

There is at least one caretaker between Williamson and Mowbray. There may have been more.

mark proctor?

JeMeSouviens
08-06-2012, 02:51 PM
In the last ten years:

Alex McLeish
Franck Sauzée
Bobby Williamson
Tony Mowbray
John Collins
Mixu Paatelainen
John Hughes
Colin Calderwood
Pat Fenlon

Tommy Craig, Alastair Stevenson, Billy Brown are 3 caretakers for a start.

Purple & Green
08-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Full list of managers here:

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/manager_timeline.php

matty_f
10-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Target 'disgusted' to be linked :greengrin

http://twitpic.com/9v3ecj

monktonharp
10-06-2012, 10:30 PM

Expect some half ersed rapist from Bulgaria or a Peado fae Lithuania getting the joab.my young cousin Ceryl disnae fancy you anyway,and he comes fi Penicuik:wink:

EK_Hibs
10-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Target 'disgusted' to be linked :greengrin

http://twitpic.com/9v3ecj

I read that and like yourself I initially thought it was a hilarious Yam snub by the boy Couceiro. But turns out the Scotsman's just lifted those quotes from a Portugese media outlet before Couceiro's best mate PauLO SERgio officially 'quit'.

I'd prefer if Jose Couceiro didn't get the Hearts job... I'd like to see somebody really rubbish get it...Pressley for example? :)

Sir David Gray
10-06-2012, 11:01 PM
I read that and like yourself I initially thought it was a hilarious Yam snub by the boy Couceiro. But turns out the Scotsman's just lifted those quotes from a Portugese media outlet before Couceiro's best mate PauLO SERgio officially 'quit'.

I'd prefer if Jose Couceiro didn't get the Hearts job... I'd like to see somebody really rubbish get it...Pressley for example? :)

Eduard Malofeev please. :agree:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=Q7Sa2vIylvq8pM:&imgrefurl=http://wn.com/Eduard_Malofeev&docid=6MmSqmou4q7z4M&itg=1&imgurl=http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jwGWgItWw7s/0.jpg&w=480&h=360&ei=wybVT7egOoeR0QX0tJinBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=496&vpy=138&dur=461&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=122&ty=101&sig=111680741504641259417&page=1&tbnh=112&tbnw=149&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:81&biw=1207&bih=587

:pray:

IanM
11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hearts-target-jose-couceiro-is-disgusted-to-be-linked-with-club-1-2348665

Fife-Hibee
11-06-2012, 11:51 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hearts-target-jose-couceiro-is-disgusted-to-be-linked-with-club-1-2348665

Hawhawhaw

VickMackie
11-06-2012, 11:55 AM
:faf:

Pretty Boy
11-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Why wouldn't anyone be 'disgusted' to be linked with the Hearts job?

A super massive club, 400 000 season ticket holders, massive main stand complete with hotel and casino, no history of harbouring child sex offenders, debt free, no history of employing child sex offenders as manager..........

EK_Hibs
11-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Guys, I'm torn here... I hate Hearts and enjoy laughing at them,
But I also hate the Scottish media and the rubbish they spraff on an almost Daily basis.

Anyway, as was said in the 'PauLO SERgio' thread earlier...
The quotes from the boy Couceiro were lifted from the 'Portugol' media BEFORE yon Paulo officially left the PBS...
Yes they're disgusting, but on this occasion the Scotsman are at it I'm afraid.

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2012, 12:51 PM
“I’m frankly disgusted that my name is being associated with this news.”

lmfao :greengrin do you think he's maybe heard all about the sexual deviants that follow hertz ?

wee airdrie jambo thinks so

Pedantic_Hibee
11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
He's protesting too strongly. I've contacted the local authorities and requested his laptop be seized.

HibbySpurs
11-06-2012, 01:46 PM

:yamlaugh:

Scouse Hibee
11-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Oh dear, what a pathetic piece of journalism!

Lungo--Drom
11-06-2012, 05:26 PM
:lolyam::lurksub::faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I had to laugh at that two faced rat Hartley, he couldn't wait to get away from the yams to join his beloved Celtic now he would "consider" the yam boss job, what a bell end and there is no shortage of liars like plukey Gordon rallying round him and Pressley for the job, is this a from birth deficiency?

Blind and stupid are two words which easily spring to mind.

iwasthere1972
12-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Paraguay have just sacked their coach Francisco Arce.

Please. :pray:

Kato
12-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Paraguay have just sacked their coach Francisco Arce.

Please. :pray:

It's what they need - a Frank Arce.

PatHead
13-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Notice Harry is intending to leave Spurs. Wonder if deluded Hearts fans believe Vlad will go after him!

Willis1875
13-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Read somewhere that Peter Nowak was linked with the job,he was in charge of Philadelphia union in MLS but has just left the club,has a managerial win percentage of 38%

Sudds_1
15-06-2012, 12:41 PM
..........Understand from a Yam supporting colleague that the hordes have picked up on an apparently very strong rumour that Keegan has been approached to take the hot seat - and is actively considering it.

Hmm..............:hmmm:

CallumLaidlaw
15-06-2012, 12:45 PM
The hearts board said that the next manager will be offered the same terms as Sergio was, yet he walked because of the money on offer. Can't see this at all

Wheat Hound
15-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I would loov it if we beat them ;-)

dangermouse
15-06-2012, 12:54 PM
..........Understand from a Yam supporting colleague that the hordes have picked up on an apparently very strong rumour that Keegan has been approached to take the hot seat - and is actively considering it.

:faf::faf::faf:

jgl07
15-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Why not go for dodgy 'Arry?

1875er
15-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Michelle Keegan from Coronation Street??

Sudds_1
15-06-2012, 01:10 PM
The hearts board said that the next manager will be offered the same terms as Sergio was, yet he walked because of the money on offer. Can't see this at all

There may be some basis in it....he is from S****horpe after all....so will be well suited :rolleyes:

Offside Trap
15-06-2012, 01:11 PM
:lolyam:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4378328.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4378328.stm)

Guess they must have been going through the filing cabinets and came across King Kev's CV. That article is pure gold. Get yer money on Graham Rix being appointed then....

easty
15-06-2012, 01:15 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4378328.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4378328.stm)

Guess they must have been going through the filing cabinets and came across King Kev's CV. That article is pure gold. Get yer money on Graham Rix being appointed then....

Ha! I'd actually forgotten just how deluded they were back then. That's cheered me right up!

Hibbyradge
15-06-2012, 01:18 PM

Is it possible to "inactively" consider it?

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-06-2012, 01:18 PM
I actually peed myself a wee bit reading that

Offside Trap
15-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Is it possible to "inactively" consider it?

In this case it is a perfect descriptor....ie Keegan knows bugger all about this!

:greengrin

Sudds_1
15-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Ha! I'd actually forgotten just how deluded they were back then. That's cheered me right up!

well.........it was 7 years ago. Maybe old Kev needs a pension boost?

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Michelle Keegan from Coronation Street??

She'd do a lot better at promoting the clubs leisure wear than some of the mutants that they have employed recently!

HibbySpurs
15-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Keegan Bradley?

Isnt he a bit tied up this weekend in San Fransico?

:greengrin

poolman
15-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Maybe they'll go back in for this guy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/24/avram-grant-hearts-scottish-premier-league :greengrin

Franck Stanton
15-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Just keep a sharp eye on who enters the hearts shop this week. :wink:

SteveHFC
20-06-2012, 09:54 PM
http://www.raithrovers.net/3701/john-mcglynn.htm

northgreen24
20-06-2012, 09:56 PM

he would be mad to take this Job but suppose it would fit with there direction

matty_f
20-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Cappello will be frankly livid about this. :agree:

Dr Jimmy
20-06-2012, 10:00 PM
I couldn't give a **** who their next manager is. We need to stop hoping they will get worse and concentrate on us getting better..GGTTH!

JohnStephens91
20-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Where did Raith finish last season? Was it not 8th? He will have one heck of a job trying to replace Paulo Sergio, I hope he can't live up to it. But at the same time we need to improve significantly to even think about beating Hearts next season, it is sad but true, alas it is the reality we live in.

Jim44
20-06-2012, 10:33 PM
I couldn't give a **** who their next manager is. We need to stop hoping they will get worse and concentrate on us getting better..GGTTH!

They won't be significantly worse but unfortunately we won't be significantly better. So it looks like another groundhog day unless Fenlon works miracles.

hibee1994
20-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I've been to a few Raith Rovers fixtures and been impressed with the set up. McGlynn is someone i rate and i think he would do well at Hearts. Pity though that he will choose to go to Hearts and not stay at Raith, I could have maybe retained a liking for him. Done a good job in taking them from the second division to the first and then challenging for the back to back promotion. Really hope he doesnt head for Tynecastle.

Col2
21-06-2012, 05:38 AM
He is an average 1st division manager. They will be gutted they have got such a non name. Remember Raith were almost relegated to 2nd division last season!

I saw him at cup final with his wife looking as pale and miserable as you could get, just another bloke in the crowd waiting to get into the ground.

Was he not called the plumber of fixer when he was wheeled out by Vlad to plug what ever gap he had created through saving manager x??

stantonhibby
21-06-2012, 07:56 AM

was he not in charge of 'them' for the 'we are unbeatable' (no you're not) game ?

Hibbyradge
21-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Is there much of a difference in standard between the Scottish 1st division and the League of Ireland?

lucky
21-06-2012, 08:36 AM
FFS they could appoint Micky Mouse and still we could not take the piss. A 5-1 cup final win gives them a fair bit to slaughter us about.

Twa Cairpets
21-06-2012, 08:38 AM
FFS they could appoint Micky Mouse and still we could not take the piss. A 5-1 cup final win gives them a fair bit to slaughter us about.
But they are Hearts, and that gives us limitless rights to slaughter them, regardless of any result.
Moral high ground, old chap, moral high ground

Andy74
21-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Is there much of a difference in standard between the Scottish 1st division and the League of Ireland?

Probably, when you see the number of previous LoI players doing well in England and the SPL and the fact that the Loi teams have had some deent runs in Europe recently.

If they were comparable though, how do the records of Fenlon and McGlynn stack up?

This is another clear indication of how the days of Hearts being able to spend their way to some success are beginnign to wane.

bingo70
21-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Probably, when you see the number of previous LoI players doing well in England and the SPL and the fact that the Loi teams have had some deent runs in Europe recently.

If they were comparable though, how do the records of Fenlon and McGlynn stack up?

This is another clear indication of how the days of Hearts being able to spend their way to some success are beginnign to wane.

I agree but next season they'll still likely have Webster, Barr, zaliukas, driver, McGowan plus others I can't think of so although there demise down the league has started it might be a year or two till we really get to enjoy it.

Andy74
21-06-2012, 10:17 AM
I agree but next season they'll still likely have Webster, Barr, zaliukas, driver, McGowan plus others I can't think of so although there demise down the league has started it might be a year or two till we really get to enjoy it.

Until they go into administration then just start again.

Speedway
21-06-2012, 10:53 AM
But they are Hearts, and that gives us limitless rights to slaughter them, regardless of any result.
Moral high ground, old chap, moral high ground

Noble for sure, but how many trophies has Moral High Ground won, TC?

Twa Cairpets
21-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Noble for sure, but how many trophies has Moral High Ground won, TC?

Prefer a trophyless existence than being asociated with Hearts Speedway.

(Obviously would prefer the trophies as well, but in the black and white world of message boards where false dichotomies can be postulated, the choice between being a trophy winning jambo or being a Hibby is not a tricky one).

Steve20
21-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Don't think McGlynn is a certainty like some reports seem to be hinting at. He is just one of a few people they are talking to.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-06-2012, 10:39 AM
McGlynn is just another pasty faced yam that would be brought in as the cheap option, how the mighty have fallen!

whiskyhibby
22-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Let's hope he gets the job

Andy74
22-06-2012, 01:57 PM
McGlynn is just another pasty faced yam that would be brought in as the cheap option, how the mighty have fallen!

With apologies to anyone who wears these but I can't quite trust anyone with those light reacting glasses. Looks like a proper yam in them.

Steve20
22-06-2012, 06:19 PM
It won't be McGlynn.

woodythehibee
22-06-2012, 07:29 PM
It won't be McGlynn.

Your opinion or inside info?

mca
22-06-2012, 07:37 PM
It won't be McGlynn.

Iv Heard that - hearts Canny Afford the Compensation Fee "UpFront" ???

BT58
22-06-2012, 07:58 PM
With apologies to anyone who wears these but I can't quite trust anyone with those light reacting glasses. Looks like a proper yam in them.

FFS ANDY!!!!,,,,wait till u get auld,,,these glasses are ....react to light,,,,ive worn them for many years now,,,saves on buying sun glasses[presc],,,what about yer mate PF !!!! HE WEARS GLASSES,,,,probably throw his reactors in the bucket after your comment
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:
bt

007 Mickey Weir
22-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Iv Heard that - hearts Canny Afford the Compensation Fee "UpFront" ???

What about Colin Cameron? He will fit bill and surely won't have much compo. Total yam

son of haggart
22-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Finnish manager bloke seen in town today

:rolleyes:

lyonhibs
22-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Wait a minute...................................

EK_Hibs
22-06-2012, 08:27 PM

Mixu for Hearts???
Surely not? He wouldn't do that would he?

son of haggart
22-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Mixu for Hearts???

I was hoping WE wouldn't do that!

I'm_cabbaged
23-06-2012, 12:53 AM

His family home is still in Edinburgh?

son of haggart
23-06-2012, 01:17 AM
His family home is still in Edinburgh?

His wife daughters and son are still here I think

3pm
25-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Sounds like the appointment of McGlynn is pretty close.

Col2
25-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Sounds like the appointment of McGlynn is pretty close.

Good news keeps coming. You couldn't appoint a more unexciting manager if they tried. Reminds me of Tommy Maclean.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Tommy MacLean....the poster boy for the term 'bawjaws'.

LancsHibs
25-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Mixu for Hearts???

Never Mixu is Hibs thro' & thro'! :flag:

jgl07
25-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Good news keeps coming. You couldn't appoint a more unexciting manager if they tried. Reminds me of Tommy Maclean.

Tommy McLean was rubbish with Hearts but he created the Motherwell team that McLeish inherited and pipped Hibs for second place in 1994-5.

Steven_Hibs
25-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Nah I see Mixu coming through the airport regularly, he does have family here.

Thecat23
25-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Just popped over to sickback to see how they are taking the news of McGlynn about to be appointed. They had a great laugh at us for going with Fenlon, giving it the so called "cheap option" gash. Well, well,well... I hope a few are looking in now because the appointment of McGlynn shows how far that mob have fallen in just a few weeks. He's a poor manager at best. Some even now trying to say "it's ok he's actually the man for the job". Talk about two faced! They really are a deluded bunch of cocks.

Scouse Hibee
25-06-2012, 06:48 PM
I think it's a good appointment for them to be honest. Hearts background as a coach and a couple of caretaker stints before moving on to manage in his own right. Fully expect him to give some of the Hearts youngsters a chance particularly the ones he had at Raith on loan, Jamie Walker is one who may break through this season.

Steve20
25-06-2012, 06:53 PM
One of my Hearts supporting mates, who claims to be in the know, told me on Friday that McGlynn wouldn't be getting the job. Seems he is going to be confirmed tomorrow.

Shows what he knows :-)

ancienthibby
26-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Per Beeb Radio at 5.05

Golden Bear
26-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Mcglynn now confirmed as the new hawrts supremo - according to Radio Scotland.

Squealing pig
26-06-2012, 04:23 PM
lets hope he fails

HibbyAndy
26-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Epic fail.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-06-2012, 04:33 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61181000/jpg/_61181170_mcglynn_sns.jpg

truehibernian
26-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Good coach, earned his move, those that think he'll fail I'd be wary of such comments - I think he'll do very well, given his experience with young players. My worry is that Hearts have a better youth set up at all age groups than Hibs (and better players)....down to the Murrays' to be honest.

McGlynn will push them and albeit they may take a season to implement things, I can see Hearts doing well under JM.

One thing Hearts have not cut back on, whereas Hibs have, is youth coaching and investment. I said mid season, after speaking to SFA coaches, Hibs sadly are cost cutting in the wrong places......I'd happily sacrifice a boardroom member or 'scouting coordinator' if it meant a couple of full time youth coaches who are ring fenced, and/or better scouting network.

Col2
26-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Good coach, earned his move, those that think he'll fail I'd be wary of such comments - I think he'll do very well, given his experience with young players. My worry is that Hearts have a better youth set up at all age groups than Hibs (and better players)....down to the Murrays' to be honest.

McGlynn will push them and albeit they may take a season to implement things, I can see Hearts doing well under JM.

One thing Hearts have not cut back on, whereas Hibs have, is youth coaching and investment. I said mid season, after speaking to SFA coaches, Hibs sadly are cost cutting in the wrong places......I'd happily sacrifice a boardroom member or 'scouting coordinator' if it meant a couple of full time youth coaches who are ring fenced, and/or better scouting network.

Tosh. Absolute tosh. Mcglynn has been criticised by Raith fans for not playing younger players at Raith. Watch the reaction from Raith supporters and they are not that bothered. He is a miserable dour 'back office' coach. A good number two aka billy brown but not a manager the yams will warm to. Best mates with John Murray DOF not just professionally, genuine best mates.

Heard he is getting peanuts. C£75k basic which surprised me to be honest.

woodythehibee
26-06-2012, 05:07 PM
My mate is a RRFC season ticket holder.

He has mixed views on McGlynn. Disappointed to lose him because of the great run they had in the league and cup the season before last and also because they cannot really afford to lose him. He reckons JM will do well at Hearts but expect very boring football and baffling tactics at times.

duffers
26-06-2012, 05:11 PM
No doubt on kickback it will be a 'great appointment'. Personally, I'm delighted. he's guff.

truehibernian
26-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Tosh. Absolute tosh. Mcglynn has been criticised by Raith fans for not playing younger players at Raith. Watch the reaction from Raith supporters and they are not that bothered. He is a miserable dour 'back office' coach. A good number two aka billy brown but not a manager the yams will warm to. Best mates with John Murray DOF not just professionally, genuine best mates.

Heard he is getting peanuts. C£75k basic which surprised me to be honest.

Which bit is 'tosh' ?

Hearts haven't made cut backs in youth development - they have, admittedly, promoted internally. Hibs on the other hand have cut back on coaching. Ask any SFA Academy coach, and I talk to them weekly, they will all tell you the Hearts set up is superior sadly. That includes ex Hibs players with no affiliation to Hearts.

With regards McGlynn, he has a great youth coaching pedigree. Check his CV.....it far extends Raith, where in fact he did very well.

As a Hibs fan, I hope he falls flat on his face. However those that say he'll fail, just because he isn't a star name, I think should be cautious with such comments.

Col2
26-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Which bit is 'tosh' ?

Hearts haven't made cut backs in youth development - they have, admittedly, promoted internally. Hibs on the other hand have cut back on coaching. Ask any SFA Academy coach, and I talk to them weekly, they will all tell you the Hearts set up is superior sadly. That includes ex Hibs players with no affiliation to Hearts.

With regards McGlynn, he has a great youth coaching pedigree. Check his CV.....it far extends Raith, where in fact he did very well.

As a Hibs fan, I hope he falls flat on his face. However those that say he'll fail, just because he isn't a star name, I think should be cautious with such comments.

The tosh comment inhindsight was a tad harsh (!) but it was centred on Mcglynn not Hearts youth plans.

He is 50 years old and while agree his cv suggests a good solid coach maybe a number 2 or reserve team coach for an SPL club top 3 club.

50 years old and this is his first real appointment (you have to ignore the temp Hearts appts due to Vlad factors).

truehibernian
26-06-2012, 05:52 PM
The tosh comment inhindsight was a tad harsh (!) but it was centred on Mcglynn not Hearts youth plans.

He is 50 years old and while agree his cv suggests a good solid coach maybe a number 2 or reserve team coach for an SPL club top 3 club.

50 years old and this is his first real appointment (you have to ignore the temp Hearts appts due to Vlad factors).

Fair play mate. I think we'd both like to see him fail though.

My frustration with Hibs at present are that Handling, Caldwell, Forster, Stanton and Harris should be given chances, and that Booth hasn't got a look in since Pat arrived. I really hope it's Fenlon's plan to get an experienced keeper, centre half, centre mid and striker....and integrate these players around them.

woodythehibee
26-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Folllwing on from my post regarding my mate who is a Raith season ticket holder - It is a bit of a myth that McGlynn is "the best in the business at bringing through youth". The failure of Raith's youth system suggest that this is false. However, he did take Johnny Russell, Goodwillie and Templeton on loan and they have done well at their respective parent clubs.

Anyways, enough of McGlynn, we have Pat Fenlon who will guide us to Edinburgh Derby success :flag:

northgreen24
26-06-2012, 06:19 PM
he may well be good with young players etc but for that you will need to faze them in over a few seasons like our golden generation, however the biggest point with this appointment is the 1 year deal :greengrin

looks like they are planning long term with that one :cb

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2012, 11:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18601001

The club stated: "The post attracted interest from around the globe and the quality of the applications made it a difficult decision."

aye ok :faf:

and it was probably a tough decision giving him a 12 month contract tae :lolyam: aww man ma sides

sadtom
27-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Think this might be a decent appointment for them. Especially if they are cutting their budget and workimg with younger players.
After speaking with a guy who's opinion i respect, who has coached at youth level himself for a long time and who talked really highly of him. It led me to mentioned his name for the Hibs job a while back.
From what i hear the guy lives and breathes it. Will possibly be more suited to working with less established younger players. And, i'm told, when working with Potter and Houston, he would be the one who'd spend some of the game in the stand, to suss out the set up of both teams etc. Which would suggest he is credited with having a bit of tactical nous and is able to 'read' a game.
I hope to the wee man that he is out his depth (which he may well be) and falls flat on his erchie. But i think its asking for trouble when you talk about 'low profile'. Mowbray wasn't exactly high profile but i'd kill to be watching his Hibs side again.

Oh and for those who care, and i hope it annoys the rankgers lite types amongst the hawrts support, he's a celtc fan.

Don Giovanni
27-06-2012, 06:40 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61181000/jpg/_61181170_mcglynn_sns.jpg

Tramp

Andy74
27-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Fair play mate. I think we'd both like to see him fail though.

My frustration with Hibs at present are that Handling, Caldwell, Forster, Stanton and Harris should be given chances, and that Booth hasn't got a look in since Pat arrived. I really hope it's Fenlon's plan to get an experienced keeper, centre half, centre mid and striker....and integrate these players around them.

I just hope it's Fenlon's plan to win some games. The kids can come in when ready but the priority is to get better and more experience in the team.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Tramp

This...

and he suits them down to a T, cheap option for a team teetering on the edge of bankruptcy, give him 6 months tops and like the rest of the clowns in hot seat there hees oot!

:bye:

HibbyAndy
29-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Cheap option.com:agree:

JIm
29-06-2012, 08:36 PM
I just hope it's Fenlon's plan to win some games. The kids can come in when ready but the priority is to get better and more experience in the team.

If their good enough their old enough. Many of these players are better than current first teamers.

son of haggart
29-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Think this might be a decent appointment for them. Especially if they are cutting their budget and workimg with younger players.
After speaking with a guy who's opinion i respect, who has coached at youth level himself for a long time and who talked really highly of him. It led me to mentioned his name for the Hibs job a while back.
From what i hear the guy lives and breathes it. Will possibly be more suited to working with less established younger players. And, i'm told, when working with Potter and Houston, he would be the one who'd spend some of the game in the stand, to suss out the set up of both teams etc. Which would suggest he is credited with having a bit of tactical nous and is able to 'read' a game.
I hope to the wee man that he is out his depth (which he may well be) and falls flat on his erchie. But i think its asking for trouble when you talk about 'low profile'. Mowbray wasn't exactly high profile but i'd kill to be watching his Hibs side again.

Oh and for those who care, and i hope it annoys the rankgers lite types amongst the hawrts support, he's a celtc fan.

That doesn't bother me at all - being more of a hunhater than a plasticpaddyphobe (tho it's marginal and lennon closed the gap considerably)

Thanks for your fair and reasonable comments. It's hardly an overwhelming appointment but we have little choice now Romanov has throttled back the funds. Like yourself, when hibs have made appointments I have rarely commented - its not a simple thing to spot a good or bad management appointment. FWIW I feared Collins appointment greatly but thought he was not a good manager for you, and I thought Mowbray would create a defensive team, so I no longer bother to make a judgement call until the manager has had three or four months.

iwasthere1972
02-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Edgaras Jankauskas

Strange appointment. Cheap option etc etc

Sorry if this has been posted before and it may be old news but some of us have a life. :greengrin

Minder
02-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Edgaras Jankauskas

Sorry if this has been posted before and it may be old news but some of us have a life. :greengrin

Im glad Mcglynn is showing that he will be his own man and that the days of VLAD appointments are over.:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Im glad Mcglynn is showing that he will be his own man and that the days of VLAD appointments are over.:greengrin

LOL. dictated to all the way Johnny boy, give you 6 months and you like the other mugs will be oot oan yer poem and verse.

How some of these baloons who support them can talk of challenging Celtic for the title when they just scraped into the top 6 on the last day beggars belief at times, and this season there is no rat Black or Ratchel, lol comedy gold as usual from the asbestos arena

iwasthere1972
02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
What's all this merging about? :giruy: :greengrin

If I get banned then it's been great while it lasted. :aok:

HibbyAndy
02-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Grant Murray getting the Raith gig, Go on Grant:thumbsup:

Andy74
02-07-2012, 09:22 PM
If their good enough their old enough. Many of these players are better than current first teamers.

No they aren't. If they were good enough yet they'd be playing.

justlikebrazil
02-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Edgaras Jankauskas

Whats the betting that Edgaras Jankauskas is the Hearts manager before the end of the season :wink: GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
02-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Whats the betting that Edgaras Jankauskas is the Hearts manager before the end of the season :wink: GGTTH

that wont bother Mcglynn, he has the security of a ermmmm........ 12 month contract

iwasthere1972
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
that wont bother Mcglynn, he has the security of a ermmmm........ 12 month contract

He's got a rolling contract. Much the same as the guy who does the pitch.

cabbageandribs1875
02-07-2012, 09:37 PM
He's got a rolling contract. Much the same as the guy who does the pitch.

pffftt, you'll be telling me next he will get paid on time

Jim44
03-07-2012, 04:28 PM
HMFC have announced the appointment of McGlynn's new set of handcuffs in the form of Romanov yes-man, Edgaras Jankauskas. :greengrin

ps sorry, just saw it had been mentioned previously.

Orourke73
03-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Are scatchel & black away?

Billy Whizz
03-07-2012, 06:20 PM
HMFC have announced the appointment of McGlynn's new set of handcuffs in the form of Romanov yes-man, Edgaras Jankauskas. :greengrin

ps sorry, just saw it had been mentioned previously.

He can read the faxes in Lithuanian

whereswallace?
03-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Are scatchel & black away?

Apparently talks have started or about to start on a new deal, also they are meant to have offered Craig Gordon a short term deal according to a Yam mate on Facebook. He seems sure of the Gordon deal.

HibeeMassive
03-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Hearts were training at Spartans again today - passed McGlynn at lunchtime and he's just as much a wee tramp in real life :greengrin:

Anyone know why they're still down there and not at riccarton?

Eyrie
03-07-2012, 09:23 PM
They're too far behind with the rent at Riccarton.

hailhail22
04-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Hearts were training at Spartans again today - passed McGlynn at lunchtime and he's just as much a wee tramp in real life :greengrin:

Anyone know why they're still down there and not at riccarton?

Dunno but saw some of that lot at David Lloyd yesterday about half 10 dunno if it's mandatory there go there after training cause they will be back there everyday now.