PDA

View Full Version : NHC Chris Hughton - new Norwich manager

iwasthere1972
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
The big question is will Calderwood join him or will he fancy the number 1 role at Brummie if offered it of course.

I reckon he will jump ship.

McSwanky
07-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Can I be first to mention the word 'sweeties' :greengrin

Stevie Reid
07-06-2012, 11:56 AM
The big question is will Calderwood join him or will he fancy the number 1 role at Brummie if offered it of course.

I reckon he will jump ship.

Either way he's in a ridiculously good position given how utterly horrendous he was at his job here, not to mention how disrespectful he was to the club last summer. The fact that he made so much money from us for being such a failure, rankles considerably.

I try not to be bitter but I can't help but grudge him any success for the rest of his career.

iwasthere1972
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Can I be first to mention the word 'sweeties' :greengrin

Just noticed on SSN that Norwich have agreed compensation package (bag of liquorice allsorts and a family bag of revels) for Hughton and backroom staff.

EdinMike
07-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Either way he's in a ridiculously good position given how utterly horrendous he was at his job here, not to mention how disrespectful he was to the club last summer. The fact that he made so much money from us for being such a failure, rankles considerably.

I try not to be bitter but I can't help but grudge him any success for the rest of his career.

I met him and spoke with him (and dare say had a photo taken with him albiet was at the start of his tenure) when him and players came into a certain George St establisment I supervised in.. And he was a genuinely nice guy, but the pain he put me through I can't help but feel bitter towards him now too.

heretoday
07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
What a merry-go-round it is to be sure. Are Norwich a bigger club than Brum with better prospects?

Dashing Bob S
07-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I met him and spoke with him (and dare say had a photo taken with him albiet was at the start of his tenure) when him and players came into a certain George St establisment I supervised in.. And he was a genuinely nice guy, but the pain he put me through I can't help but feel bitter towards him now too.

That was my experience of him too. It just goes to prove the old adage 'you are better with a clever enemy than a stupid friend'.

pentlando
07-06-2012, 01:59 PM
He's a number two, always will be. (Some might say a big steamy smelly one at that:wink:). Nothing wrong with that, after his experience at us he now knows he does his best work behind the scenes. I don't doubt he's a brilliant coach, and probably has some great ideas. His issue was at Hibs is that he clearly couldn't communicate that to his players. Now back as a number two with someone else to face the press and give the team talks he's much more valuable.

lord bunberry
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
He is an idiot who couldn't see he had a decent player in vaz te at the club. Most fans didn't see it either but were not seeing him everyday in training and were not being paid to spot quality players he should have seen what he had and offered him a contract. I hope I never see or hear of him again

.Sean.
07-06-2012, 04:16 PM
I hope CC fails at absolutely everything he attempts. I've never had an 'English team' as such but have always looked out for the Norwich scores. Shame, hope they have a horrible season if he has anything to do with the club.

iwasthere1972
07-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I hope CC fails at absolutely everything he attempts. I've never had an 'English team' as such but have always looked out for the Norwich scores. Shame, hope they have a horrible season if he has anything to do with the club.

:agree: I've even gone as far as chucking out all my Delia cookbooks and my old "Sale of the Century" videos on betamax.

Springbank
07-06-2012, 04:28 PM
:agree: I've even gone as far as chucking out all my Delia cookbooks and my old "Sale of the Century" videos on betamax.

Hope he becomes the new Alan Partridge, not in a good way...

muzzhfc
07-06-2012, 04:32 PM
i think it was a bad move by hughton. he really should of stayed at brum. yes they are in the championship, but over all i would say that brum have better prospects than norwich.

iwasthere1972
07-06-2012, 04:37 PM
i think it was a bad move by hughton. he really should of stayed at brum. yes they are in the championship, but over all i would say that brum have better prospects than norwich.

The icing on the cake (For an iced cake you need marzipan, either home-made or ready-made. Roll it out to cover the cake then brush with brandy – this acts as a preservative and also helps to fix the icing on - straight from one of my Delia cookbooks :wink:) would be if Norwich are relegated and Birmingham get promotion to the premiership.

:aok:

Steve20
07-06-2012, 04:37 PM

Have Birmingham not got alot of financial difficulties. I think Norwich is a much better team at the moment.

Bostonhibby
07-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Coco definitely hanging onto Hughtons coat tails, which is a shame for Norwich, I used to go to Norwich but doubt I will now.

muzzhfc
07-06-2012, 04:56 PM
The icing on the cake (For an iced cake you need marzipan, either home-made or ready-made. Roll it out to cover the cake then brush with brandy – this acts as a preservative and also helps to fix the icing on - straight from one of my Delia cookbooks :wink:) would be if Norwich are relegated and Birmingham get promotion to the premiership.

:aok:

take away the coco effect and i like hughton. i think he is a good manager and was treated harsly by newcastle. the icing on the cake would be if coco was left at brum and he wilted away into nothingness

Have Birmingham not got alot of financial difficulties. I think Norwich is a much better team at the moment.

forgot about their financial difficulties

iwasthere1972
07-06-2012, 04:58 PM
take away the coco effect and i like hughton. i think he is a good manager and was treated harsly by newcastle. the icing on the cake would be if coco was left at brum and he wilted away into nothingness

forgot about their financial difficulties

Already agreed to tag along with Chris Hughton to Norwich. I like Hughton as well and agree that his treatment at Newcastle was harsh.

Anyway this was for normal icing and didn't include coco in the recipe.

Piqué
07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
He is an idiot who couldn't see he had a decent player in vaz te at the club. Most fans didn't see it either but were not seeing him everyday in training and were not being paid to spot quality players he should have seen what he had and offered him a contract. I hope I never see or hear of him again
He was never going to stay here when he had Championship clubs interested in him.

lord bunberry
07-06-2012, 05:18 PM
He was never going to stay here when he had Championship clubs interested in him.

He kept saying he wanted to stay and he ended up going to barnsley so there couldn't have been that many championship teams after him. I think if we had ordered him a contract he would have stayed

erin go bragh
07-06-2012, 09:29 PM
What a merry-go-round it is to be sure. Are Norwich a bigger club than Brum with better prospects?

Norwich just finnished 12th in the premiership, so id say yes .

ggtth

Bostonhibby
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Be interesting to see if the Curse of Calderwood continues, having been exorcised from Brum will they go up? and now that he has piggy backed Hughton to Norwich will Norwich plunge from a very respectable 12th?

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Birmingham won't be stupid enough to think that Calderwood could ever be a boss in his own right.

IWasThere2016
08-06-2012, 03:39 AM

Yup - EPL or Championship? Funds or bust? and a nicer part of the country than Brum. No brainer to move IMHO.

lyonhibs
08-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Birmingham won't be stupid enough to think that Calderwood could ever be a boss in his own right.

:agree::agree: Birmingham would have to have more than a couple of screws loose to think Calderwood is capable of 1st team management.

The most damaging Hibs manager in my lifetime I think. Hope his next turd - and the 1 after that - is a hedgehog

Baldy Foghorn
08-06-2012, 02:23 PM
:agree::agree: Birmingham would have to have more than a couple of screws loose to think Calderwood is capable of 1st team management.

The most damaging Hibs manager in my lifetime I think. Hope his next turd - and the 1 after that - is a hedgehog

I hope CC fails wherever he goes, for treating our Club so disrepectfully......

iwasthere1972
08-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Yup - EPL or Championship? Funds or bust? and a nicer part of the country than Brum. No brainer to move IMHO.

You forgot to mention the most irrltating accent in the UK.

Pretty Boy
08-06-2012, 03:41 PM

A nicer part of the country but all the folk that live there have 12 toes and 'interesting' family trees.

RickyS
08-06-2012, 05:25 PM
A nicer part of the country but all the folk that live there have 12 toes and 'interesting' family trees.

a bit like gorgie?:ostrich: