PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Fringe 2012

Speedy
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Programmes are now out.

Has anyone got any recommendations for things worth booking early?

danhibees1875
06-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Worked there as a flyerer last year; not sure who's back this year and obviously it'll be different shows they put on.

Joel Dommett was really funny last year (and quite cheap on the quiet days).

Pete Firman was good for a bit of magic and comedy combined.

I can't remember his name but a guy who plays keyboard in a band and between them they can just play ANYTHING - you put any suggestion to them and they'll manage to crack it out. Last year their deal was if they didn't know it they would go off and learn it then give you a private performance of it at your house.

I think Frisky and Manninsh are back but only for a couple days, they were hilarious last year but they'll probably be quite expensive.

I found most of the smaller acts were really good over the month, I got to 1 or 2 every day over the course of the month and felt 80% of the smaller acts I've never seen were better than going to watch Ed Byrne (He was good, I just appreciated the larger amount of effort put into the other shows).

Hope that helps, I'll maybe be able to help more once I've had a peek at the programme and see who is all back. :aok:

MSK
06-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Tom Stade ...brilliant ... :top marks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wsr-_lT9V4

Pretty Boy
06-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Got tickets for Mick Foley, that's all so far.

Bit of 90s wrestling nostalgia.

EskbankHibby
06-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Tom Stade ...brilliant ... :top marks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wsr-_lT9V4

Will be appearing at the Pleasance Courtyard mate.
:aok:

MSK
06-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Will be appearing at the Pleasance Courtyard mate.
:aok:Thats where we saw him last year mate ..the guy was class ..:agree:

Barney McGrew
06-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Thats where we saw him last year mate ..the guy was class ..:agree:

He can be very good, but he can also be very ropey - it depends what mood he's in.

His show last year wasn't as good as previous years IMO. Maybe we just caught him on a bad night for a change :dunno:

EskbankHibby
06-06-2012, 05:46 PM
He can be very good, but he can also be very ropey - it depends what mood he's in.

His show last year wasn't as good as previous years IMO. Maybe we just caught him on a bad night for a change :dunno:

Whole new show BM, he is currently on tour working on a full 60 minutes for a DVD, here's hoping it's up to previous high standards.

MSK
06-06-2012, 05:54 PM

His show last year wasn't as good as previous years IMO. Maybe we just caught him on a bad night for a change :dunno:First time I had seen him other than a clip or two on you tube ..if he can produce the same as he did last year then I will be happy ..I suppose it depends on the audience too though ..the more the audience are up for it Tom seems to thrive ..the audience plus me & the Wife had a fair kick o the baw & were well up for it !!! :greengrin

johnbc70
07-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Always go and see Terry Alderton, consistently funny. Also want to see Tim Vine and Stewart Lee.