PDA

View Full Version : Cairney and Clancy signed according to today's express

frazeHFC
05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
#hibs (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23hibs) also agree deal to sign midfielder. See tomorrow's Express #hfc (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23hfc) #hibernian (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23hibernian)

:thumbsup:

Who we reckon? Cairney?

EK_Hibs
05-06-2012, 10:00 PM
When do the Express update their website?

sleeping giant
05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
A signing tomorrow would excite me indeed.

Let it begin:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2012, 10:05 PM
:I'm waiti :I'm waiti :hyper:

matty_f
05-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Reckon it'll be Cairney. :agree:

Also reckon we might see more this week.

SteveHFC
David Obua :greengrin

frazeHFC
When do the Express update their website?

Midnight i think it is normally! :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
05-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Dean Shiels :pray:

Col2
05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
#hibs (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23hibs) also agree deal to sign midfielder. See tomorrow's Express #hfc (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23hfc) #hibernian (http://www.hibs.net/#!/search/%23hibernian)

Who we reckon? Cairney?

Probably Cairney. Won't be Hayes as he is winger and story would be wider re snatching from SPL rivals. Won't be a 'returning hero' namely Stewart or Katie as it would have been mentioned, likewise Soares.

hibsfan7
05-06-2012, 10:12 PM

i hope it is messi

:cb

Gerard
05-06-2012, 10:14 PM
i hope it is messi

Not hibs class:greengrin

easty
05-06-2012, 10:14 PM
i hope it is messi

well if it's dean shiels i'll be so happy it'll be messi in ma pants...:duck:

frazeHFC
05-06-2012, 10:16 PM

:hilarious

NorthfieldHibee
05-06-2012, 10:49 PM
#hibs (http://www.hibs.net/#%21/search/%23hibs) also agree deal to sign midfielder. See tomorrow's Express #hfc (http://www.hibs.net/#%21/search/%23hfc) #hibernian (http://www.hibs.net/#%21/search/%23hibernian)

Who we reckon? Cairney?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Cairney

according to the always reliable source that is wikipedia, we've signed him already

California-Hibs
05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I think it will be Paul Cairney, just going by peoples reports on here that we'd sign him a few weeks back. Going by a few videos ive watched of him on youtube the boy seems like he has a very decent eye for goal, which is especially good being a midfielder! We've been missing and crying out for a goal scoring midfielder for quite some time now! :pray:

SteveHFC
05-06-2012, 11:03 PM
No mention on daily express website yet :I'm waiti

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Wikipedia reckons that Cairney has signed for us on a pre contract, and Clancy is close to signing for us.....

snooky
05-06-2012, 11:40 PM

Aye, like I cair-nae :wink:

Hibbyradge
05-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Cairney :agree:

ekhibee
06-06-2012, 12:09 AM
My boss is a Queens Park fan and has seen and met Cairney recently (he played for QP before Thistle) and liked him as a player. He seemed to think Cairney was a hard working player, scored some important goals for them at the time, and for Partick Thistle as well. He did say he wasn't sure if Cairney was quite up to SPL standard for all that, but lets face it, the standard in the SPL these days isn't really that high, so we'll see. He wasn't putting the guy down, he just really wasn't sure.

Ultrabee1-0
06-06-2012, 03:23 AM
if it is
Cairney im not going to be too excited or down hearted. Just give the boy a chance see how he gets on hope hes a good wee player tho!!

lord bunberry
06-06-2012, 04:11 AM
We have to start somewhere let's hope he turns out to be a decent player. Dundee utd seemed to have found some quality players from the lower leagues so anythings possible

Nevi1875
06-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Inside express cairney signs pre contract with hibees

Welcome and all the best
GGTTH

Nevi1875
06-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Along with tim clancy I may add aswell just read it properly sorry.

R'Albin
06-06-2012, 05:33 AM
As the title says. Online link soon hopefully.

:flag:

Dinkydoo
06-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Good if true :greengrin:

Hainan Hibs
06-06-2012, 06:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Cairney

according to the always reliable source that is wikipedia, we've signed him already

5ft 9:bitchy:

Petrie:grr:

:greengrin

Welcome aboard Paul and good luck:thumbsup:

vanNISHtelroy
06-06-2012, 06:20 AM

Think he said last week he was going on holiday for a fortnight and then getting his future sorted out after that.

MUPPET
06-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Paul Cairney oh yes! Where did I put that season ticket application......

hibsbollah
06-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Cairney looks like a wee Martin Scott. Excellent strikerate for a midfielder, Welcome :flag:

CallumLaidlaw
06-06-2012, 06:43 AM

We're building a squad, and for all you know, he may be an excellent addition to that. I've never seen him, but all the reports seem to be good so far.

R'Albin
06-06-2012, 06:48 AM

Oh dear.

stokesmessiah
06-06-2012, 06:56 AM

Wow someone that really lives up to their screen name.

Lucius Apuleius
06-06-2012, 06:58 AM

Gospel according to John 11:35.

At least you are living up to your name.

The above assuming the sarcasm oozing out of your post actually is sarcasm.

Killiehibbie
06-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Cairney on a 3 year contract was what I heard. 15 goals for Partick last season is a decent return.

R'Albin
06-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Gospel according to John 11:35.

At least you are living up to your name.

The above assuming the sarcasm oozing out of your post actually is sarcasm.

My mind is blown.

Lucius Apuleius
06-06-2012, 07:11 AM
My mind is blown.

Wouldn't be difficult would it? :greengrin

Spike Mandela
06-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Cairney on a 3 year contract was what I heard. 15 goals for Partick last season is a decent return.

Considerably more than our entire midfield no less.:aok:

flash
06-06-2012, 07:15 AM

Hopefully up yer chorus.

Pretty Boy
06-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Happy enough with Cairney.

Proven goalscorer in the 1st division, hopefully he takes his chance to step up.

Baker9
06-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Not hibs class:greengrin

I don't agree. He does lots of unseen work.

MUPPET
06-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Your all nuts like if this is where we are going in terms of the quality of signings we are in for much more of the same unfortunately! I'd love to be proved wrong but I'm pretty sure I'll end up being correct.

frazeHFC
06-06-2012, 07:34 AM

We have been crying out for a creative / goalscoring midfielder. We sign a midfielder that had one of the highest goal tallys in the UK last season for his position. And you still act the

MUPPET
06-06-2012, 07:38 AM
We will see FrazeHFC I think you are all clutching at straws cheap option again first division player. Oh btw I would love to be wrong.

MB62
06-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Your all nuts like if this is where we are going in terms of the quality of signings we are in for much more of the same unfortunately! I'd love to be proved wrong but I'm pretty sure I'll end up being correct.

Ok, it's maybe not a signing (maybe it's not a signing as nothing confirmed yet) that would get you excited. However, there are plenty good players in the lower leagues and I have no problem with us trying to sign them and give them a chance. If we were to try and build a whole team filled with these guys then I would certainly be worried, but signing one or two and complimenting them with other more proven/experienced players is fine by me.
This is where the scouting system and management earn their money so we have to trust them to get it right, otherwise we will be looking for yet another new manager soon.

R'Albin
06-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Wouldn't be difficult would it? :greengrin

True :(

pogo
06-06-2012, 07:47 AM

Our previous signings of 'proven' players has worked out so well over the last few years hasn't it though?
I don't see the problem with signing young hungry players with something to prove, it hasn't exactly backfired on Dundee Utd has it.
Let's give him, and any other signings a chance, as an earlier poster says, we are building a team. I'd much rather we had a good balance of players than one or two prima donnas.

GGTTH

MUPPET
06-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Ok, it's maybe not a signing (maybe it's not a signing as nothing confirmed yet) that would get you excited. However, there are plenty good players in the lower leagues and I have no problem with us trying to sign them and give them a chance. If we were to try and build a whole team filled with these guys then I would certainly be worried, but signing one or two and complimenting them with other more proven/experienced players is fine by me.
This is where the scouting system and management earn their money so we have to trust them to get it right, otherwise we will be looking for yet another new manager soon.

Fair point and I will get excited when said experienced/quality players are signed. As yet celebrating this signing as significant seems a bit premature.

WindyMiller
06-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Our previous signings of 'proven' players has worked out so well over the last few years hasn't it though?
I don't see the problem with signing young hungry players with something to prove, it hasn't exactly backfired on Dundee Utd has it.
Let's give him, and any other signings a chance, as an earlier poster says, we are building a team. I'd much rather we had a good balance of players than one or two prima donnas.

GGTTH

Hasn't done Norwich any harm.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-06-2012, 07:51 AM
We will see FrazeHFC I think you are all clutching at straws cheap option again first division player. Oh btw I would love to be wrong.

To avoid repeating yourself why not add it to your signature?

Barney McGrew
06-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Fair point and I will get excited when said experienced/quality players are signed

:agree:

Much better to stick to experienced signings like Rankin, Nish and O'Hanlon rather than guys from the lower leagues who might be ready to step up. I mean it's not as if Dundee United have had any success with that policy.

Iain G
06-06-2012, 07:54 AM

Is it for Tynecastle? :na na:

frazeHFC
06-06-2012, 07:56 AM
We have signed proven/experienced players lately, and it certainly hasn't worked.

Pretty Boy
06-06-2012, 08:01 AM

Much better to stick to experienced signings like Rankin, Nish and O'Hanlon rather than guys from the lower leagues who might be ready to step up. I mean it's not as if Dundee United have had any success with that policy.

Now come on, let's balance this out.

We got Brian Kerr from Motherwell and he was quality, Michael Hart is arguably the best right back this club has ever had. Let's not forget the players we signed from Premier League clubs either, Alan O'Brien and Yves Ma Kalambay, they were universally loved by all and an unprecedented success.

Can't believe from these dizzy heights we're dropping down to sign pish like Paul Cairney.

****ing booooooooooo.

Iceman1875
06-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Never seen either of them play but it's encouraging to see two players signed in the 1st week of june.

Hibernia Na Eir
06-06-2012, 08:11 AM
We have to start somewhere let's hope he turns out to be a decent player. Dundee utd seemed to have found some quality players from the lower leagues so anythings possible

Aye, Swanson came from berwick, div 3!

Hibernia Na Eir
06-06-2012, 08:15 AM

hearts done ok with Stevenson (Ayr) and Dundee U with Swanson (Berwick), and Celts have plundered lower leagues with some success.
I wouldnae discount anyone from lower leagues. times have changed.

J-C
06-06-2012, 08:16 AM
If he's as good in real life as he was in FM12, then he'll be a good player for us.:greengrin

Spike Mandela
06-06-2012, 08:20 AM
All three goals from Cainey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztd84cmGPDg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hibbyradge
06-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Wolves signed Steven Fletcher who played for us, and West Ham signed Vas Te and both those players have been hugely successful.

How far below these clubs are Hibs?

I ask because I'm trying to work out why some folk are disappointed when we sign players from a team which finished only 7 places below us.

HibbyAndy
06-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Have we definately got Clancy too?.. Welcome aboard lads :aok:

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Fletch went to Burnley. :greengrin I have no idea why anyone should feel disapointed when we sign a player from a lower placed team, some of our best ever players have come from very small clubs.

StevesFamau5
06-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Did Vaz Te not go somewhere before the Hammers and after us?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hibbyradge
06-06-2012, 08:33 AM

His passing looked good in that clip and his finish for the second was lovely.

Just a tad unfortunate to get booked too. :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
06-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Did Vaz Te not go somewhere before the Hammers and after us?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Barnsley.

Speedy
06-06-2012, 08:36 AM
hearts done ok with Stevenson (Ayr) and Dundee U with Swanson (Berwick), and Celts have plundered lower leagues with some success.
I wouldnae discount anyone from lower leagues. times have changed.

They have indeed, in fact some people have even developed the ability to detect sarcasm in forum posts :greengrin

Delboy4
06-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Let's not forget that wee Griffiths was from Dundee & Livingston (forget Wolves) as he never played for them! So, players from the lower leagues can step up!! Welcome to the Hibs, all the best.
GGTTH

Hibbyradge
06-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Poorly worded OP from me, now amended, but I hope my point was apparent.

The days of Hibs signing well established, big name players are pretty much in the past so hoping that they do, will ultimately lead to disappointment.

Having said that, since Joe Harper (and George Best), I can't remember Hibs ever making a signing which fired the fans' imagination.

Even the signing of Franck didn't excite the fans at the time, iirc.

Benny Brazil
06-06-2012, 08:52 AM
His passing looked good in that clip and his finish for the second was lovely.

Just a tad unfortunate to get booked too. :rolleyes:

Ref wasnt C Thomson was it?:greengrin

Famous5forever
06-06-2012, 09:06 AM
This is a good start i know very little about these players lets see what they are like on the pitch before judging them :pfgwa

Thecat23
06-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Any links guys to the article? Can't see any on this thread.

Hamish
06-06-2012, 09:12 AM

The days of Hibs signing well established, big name players are pretty much in the past so hoping that they do, will ultimately lead to disappointment.

Having said that, since Joe Harper (and George Best), I can't remember Hibs ever making a signing which fired the fans' imagination.

Correct. The last signing that excited me was Kevin McAllister and that is a wee while ago now.

HibbyAndy
06-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Akin member Houchen excitin me.

Spike Mandela
06-06-2012, 09:16 AM

Hopefully Hibs have bottomed out in terms of team quality. Signing players from lower Scottish and English leagues would seem our best way forward. If these players are at the top of their game and ready to make the step up to the SPL we could be quids in. Conversely If they aren't ready for the step up we are basically building a first division side.

Posh Swanny
06-06-2012, 09:16 AM
It's the Peterborough approach. We've got to the Championship by signing "young and hungry" players from the lower and non-leagues. Lots of them have now left or are set to leave and have netted the club £millions, plenty of which has been used to buy the next batch of new talent.

Craig Mackaill-Smith: from Dagenham & Redbridge
Aaron McLean: Grays Athletic
George Boyd: Stevenage
Ryan Bennett: Grimsby Town
Tommy Rowe: Stockport County
Paul Coutts: Cove Rangers
Lee Tomlin: Rushden & Diamonds
Paul Taylor: Some pub team in Belgium following a ban in England for using cocaine

Anyway, now we're in the Championship we have a bit more money to throw around so are going for the likes of:
Craig Alcock: Yeovil Town
Shaun Brisley: Macclesfield Town
Emile Sinclair: Macclesfield Town
Daniel Kearns: Dundalk
Tyrone Barnett: Crawley Town (though admittedly we *****ed £1million on him!)

Oh, and very likely to get Danny Swanson soon. :wink:

Obviously it helps if your scouting network is any good.

Hamish
06-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Akin member Houchen excitin me.

Akin remember Houchen exciting a few folk near me one night at Starks Park as well. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
06-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Akin remember Houchen exciting a few folk near me one night at Starks Park as well. :greengrin

Scored a peach of a heider on his debut at the pink palace to give us the lead:thumbsup: Lost that Derby anaw in the end :Ummm:

Hamish
06-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Remember thinking this looks like a right player here when he rose like the proverbial salmon at Tynie. Mind you also thought that when Andy Dow score on his debut at Tynie as well. We didn't lose that one though.:greengrin

Expecting Rain
06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Hibs seem to sign players who are available regardless of type, rather than players who would fit into the balance of a team,they need to prioritise key positions basically the backbone of the team, goalkeeper, centre back, centre midfield and centre forward and that would just be the start.

HibbyAndy
06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Remember thinking this looks like a right player here when he rose like the proverbial salmon at Tynie. Mind you also thought that when Andy Dow score on his debut at Tynie as well. We didn't lose that one though.:greengrin

Gary show us you medals Mackay IIRC got a late equalizer for them:rolleyes:.

Least when Brian Kerr scored oan his debut at the Big pink chocolate factory we won:cb

lord bunberry
06-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Aye, Swanson came from berwick, div 3!

If I remember correctly they also signed johnny Russell from queens park

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Steve archibald was probably the last signing that really made me think wow.

PeterboroHibee
06-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Two good signings imo. Sick of us picking up rubbish from the reserve leagues in England, to sign up two players who have been playing in the Scottish leagues is promising, and Cairney sounds like he could be quite an exciting addition.

RIP
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM
James McPake used to play for Livingston. Willie Ormond was signed from Stenhousemuir

Clearly not Hibs Class !! :greengrin

Kojock
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM

Akin remember a Scottish League Cup Tie against Meadowbank Thistle played at Starks Park in 1990. He was having a mare and I shouted at him to get his finger oot his er5e. He turned and flicked me the vickies. :greengrin

millarco
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM

It was Barry Douglas, who will play more with Dixon leaving.

matty_f
06-06-2012, 10:12 AM

Was about to post similar but actually if I'm being honest Liam Miller and Stokes were pretty impressive names to bring to the club.

iwasthere1972
06-06-2012, 10:14 AM
We signed a guy called Arthur Duncan in 1969 from Patrick Thistle but I can't remember if he was any good.

RoxburghHibs
06-06-2012, 10:21 AM

I think it was Airdrie but your point is still valid. :agree:

KdyHby
06-06-2012, 10:29 AM
We signed a guy called Arthur Duncan in 1969 from Patrick Thistle but I can't remember if he was any good.

Was never Hibs' class :wink:

Squealing pig
06-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Gary show us you medals Mackay IIRC got a late equalizer for them:rolleyes:.

Least when Brian Kerr scored oan his debut at the Big pink chocolate factory we won:cbthink it finished one nil dow on his debut think it was his last goal maybe got one more.

Billychaotic182
06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Any links???

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Was about to post similar but actually if I'm being honest Liam Miller and Stokes were pretty impressive names to bring to the club.

While Stokes and Miller were impressive, i think we actually beat Liverpool to the signing of Archie, that was the wow factor for me.

Just_Jimmy
06-06-2012, 10:58 AM
I thought steven glass was a great signing at the time.

Chuck Rhoades
06-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Based on the past four years I believe that our policy on scouting needs reviewed ASAP.

lord bunberry
06-06-2012, 11:00 AM
It was Barry Douglas, who will play more with Dixon leaving.

I bow to your superior knowledge

Chuck Rhoades
06-06-2012, 11:01 AM
These aren't even confirmed are they? Getting a bit excited over potentially nothing...

Pretty Boy
06-06-2012, 11:01 AM
think it finished one nil dow on his debut think it was his last goal maybe got one more.

Pretty sure Andys right and racist Mackay got a late equaliser.

It happened a lot in those days.

Andy74
06-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Based on the past four years I believe that our policy on scouting needs reviewed ASAP.

I think it is ultimately the manager's call though and we've got more wrong than right recently. Also, maybe some who would have been okay came to the club at the wrong time in terms of expecting a positive atmosphere to settle in.

Let's not forget that the likes of McLeish and Mowbray also had a fair number of stinkers and journeymen that didn't work out, so it's not new and there was no watershed in terms of how we dealt with these things. The recent managers just got more wrong or didn't balance the squad properly.

Andy74
06-06-2012, 11:07 AM
These aren't even confirmed are they? Getting a bit excited over potentially nothing...

Don't think they will be confirmed for a while yet.

These were the two I'd thought were done deals though just going on a few recent posts and articles.

I don't really know when contracts end or even the window is now so no doubt we will leave it until they have actually signed something and are able to be contracted. If it's a case of agreed to sign but under contract for a few weeks still we may not have a pre contract in place but just agreement to sign. I doubt we'd announce that.

Hibbyradge
06-06-2012, 11:07 AM

We also signed someone in 1982 from Thistle.

He was Rough.

Chuck Rhoades
06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Don't think they will be confirmed for a while yet.

These were the two I'd thought were done deals though just going on a few recent posts and articles.

I don't really know when contracts end or even the window is now so no doubt we will leave it until they have actually signed something and are able to be contracted. If it's a case of agreed to sign but under contract for a few weeks still we may not have a pre contract in place but just agreement to sign. I doubt we'd announce that.

Two words - Steve Clarke

Andy74
06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Wolves signed Steven Fletcher who played for us, and West Ham signed Vas Te and both those players have been hugely successful.

I ask because I'm trying to work out why some folk are disappointed when we sign players from a team which finished only 7 places below us.

Burnley and then Wolves did get relegated though! :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
06-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I think it is ultimately the manager's call though and we've got more wrong than right recently. Also, maybe some who would have been okay came to the club at the wrong time in terms of expecting a positive atmosphere to settle in.

Let's not forget that the likes of McLeish and Mowbray also had a fair number of stinkers and journeymen that didn't work out, so it's not new and there was no watershed in terms of how we dealt with these things. The recent managers just got more wrong or didn't balance the squad properly.

Can't say I agree with the part in bold. I think the club have been responsible for a lot of signings in the last 3/4 years. IMO of course - nobody actually knows.

Peevemor
06-06-2012, 11:18 AM
We also signed someone in 1982 from Thistle.

He was Rough.

And someone from East Fife in 1984 - the Durie's still out on him though.

scoopyboy
06-06-2012, 11:23 AM

Last Hibs player to score a winner in a Scottish Cup Final.

Spike Mandela
06-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Last Hibs player to score a winner in a Scottish Cup Final.

Cruel, very cruel.:greengrin

Just_Jimmy
06-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Bauben and gomis were signed from cowdenbeath for dundee united. Webster was signed from arbroath for hearts. Why cant we do it properly and regularly?

TowerHibs
06-06-2012, 11:42 AM

How did this game not have at least 10 goals is frightening!!!

Defences on top indeed

Geo_1875
06-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Two words - Steve Clarke

Should have saved that one for the next new manager thread.

Golden Bear
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
How did this game not have at least 10 goals is frightening!!!

Defences on top indeed

There was more action in that game than what was on display at ER for an entire season.

Andy74
06-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Can't say I agree with the part in bold. I think the club have been responsible for a lot of signings in the last 3/4 years. IMO of course - nobody actually knows.

The Board have consistently said that they will not interfere with the manager's football decisions. I think you'd have to show something to the contrary otherwise this is just unsubstantiated nonsense.

When you look at the players we've signed most have had some link to the manager at the time or they have talked about tracking them previously.

I think the ones that get talked about like Riordan, O'Connor or Sproule will be opportunities presented to the club but the manager would be able to say whether he wanted them or not.

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I think more care when appointing a new manager might have been the way to go recently, its their signings that have us in this mess.

stokesmessiah
06-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Should have saved that one for the next new manager thread.

In 5 months......

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Some posters on here have bemoaned the fact we had not signed anyone, although it is just over two weeks since the Season ended. Then we sign two guys are some make a point of shooting them down:rolleyes:

I have not seen enough of either player, but both have had good reports written about them, I trust we have done our homework, and in PF I trust. Will obviously wait until I see both players, but at the stage I am pretty pleased and upbeat....

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Not even Sauzee BH?

HibbyRod
06-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Erich Schaedler from Stirling Albion ..... what a player he turned out to be for us! :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM

The English championship and probably even lower divisions pay well, I think Crawley have a substantial wages bill for example....

I am actually heartened that we have two players in already, let the rebuilding commence.....

Andy74
06-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Not even Sauzee BH?

I'd think if we were all honest we only started to realise Sauzee's background after he signed. He might have won a European cup and captained France but I don't recall any great acknowledgement at the time of the guy's background.

If similar was suggested now he'd be a washed up journeyman who was too old and had largely failed at average Italian and French sides in recent years.

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Not even Sauzee BH?

Not really, obviously i'd heard of him but initially i just thought we were signing an older player who might give us a couple of decent seasons before he retires.

Archibald was wanted by a top English side, and with that in mind i thought we must be getting someone who still has it for a much higher standard.

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Not really, obviously i'd heard of him but initially i just thought we were signing an older player who might give us a couple of decent seasons before he retires.

Archibald was wanted by a top English side, and with that in mind i thought we must be getting someone who still has it for a much higher standard.

Archibald's winner at Swiney in the game that Rae got sent off, is one of my top ever Hibs goals, we all went berserk in the pishing rain....Magic day

HibbyAndy
06-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Archibald's winner at Swiney in the game that Rae got sent off, is one of my top ever Hibs goals, we all went berserk in the pishing rain....Magic day

:agree: I remember it well even as a wee laddie....We went radge and i got lost from my dad on the terracing but i didnt care one jot!.. Archie just stood there arms aloft whilst the mass of Hibby's went complete ballistic, Happy memories.

Don Giovanni
06-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Think he said last week he was going on holiday for a fortnight and then getting his future sorted out after that.

Deanos a quality player. I'd love to have him back at Hibs but don't think that's likely to happen.

What was your / Killie fans opinions of Clancy (since it seems far more likely he'll be wearing the green next season)?

Chuck Rhoades
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Some posters on here have bemoaned the fact we had not signed anyone, although it is just over two weeks since the Season ended. Then we sign two guys are some make a point of shooting them down:rolleyes:

I have not seen enough of either player, but both have had good reports written about them, I trust we have done our homework, and in PF I trust. Will obviously wait until I see both players, but at the stage I am pretty pleased and upbeat....

I am not disappointed nor shooting them down; however I feel we should hold the celebrations until we know for sure that we have actually signed two players....

Iain G
06-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Any links???

Nah, only square... :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2012, 12:31 PM
:agree: I remember it well even as a wee laddie....We went radge and i got lost from my dad on the terracing but i didnt care one jot!.. Archie just stood there arms aloft whilst the mass of Hibby's went complete ballistic, Happy memories.

I was 15/16 but remember it as clear as day, you are right the sight of Archie with arms aloft was magic.....The whole end went ballistic....They scored in the last minute to make it 2-1, and Im sure Alan Moore missed a sitter to equalise or it might have been the big donkey

HibbyAndy
06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I was 15/16 but remember it as clear as day, you are right the sight of Archie with arms aloft was magic.....The whole end went ballistic....They scored in the last minute to make it 2-1, and Im sure Alan Moore missed a sitter to equalise or it might have been the big donkey

Injury time played that day went on and on and on...And your right, Someone for them missed a sitter right at the death. Still remember the headline on the back of the Evening news on the Monday, " 10 Men Hibs dump Hearts " And in the Sun it was " Hibs are new Kings of the Capital "

:cb:cb

JimBHibees
06-06-2012, 12:43 PM

Pretty sure it was Donkey Dave, ball dropped to him about 5 yards out and he used his immense natural skill to sky it over the bar. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2012, 12:50 PM

Yip one of my favorite ever goals too, it was bedlam. :greengrin

lyonhibs
06-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Who have we actually, definitely, confirmed on the Offishul site, signed???

I'm never disappointed when we sign someone, no matter where they come from, their past clubs etc.

After having watched them play for a while however..................... :rolleyes:

muzzhfc
06-06-2012, 01:05 PM
werent some people slating mcpake before he signed and after the rangers game?? give any new signings a chance and dont judge them on the first few games they play. even if they play amazing . . .

Billychaotic182
06-06-2012, 02:04 PM
werent some people slating mcpake before he signed and after the rangers game?? give any new signings a chance and dont judge them on the first few games they play. even if they play amazing . . .

Kujabi looked magic in his 1st few games and then it all fell apart

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Kujabi looked magic in his 1st few games and then it all fell apart

Ahem, Alan O'Brien looked great in a friendly at Stirling Albion, we all know what happened after that......

AinsterHibs
06-06-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.teamtalk.com/hibernian/player-profile/101280/M-Tierney

Must be true.....:rolleyes:

Famous5forever
06-06-2012, 02:45 PM
This is a positive start another 5 at least we need i look forward to the picture taken on the pitch with Paddy beside his 7 new players :pfgwa

vanNISHtelroy
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Deanos a quality player. I'd love to have him back at Hibs but don't think that's likely to happen.

What was your / Killie fans opinions of Clancy (since it seems far more likely he'll be wearing the green next season)?

Tim played more at right back than centre back (and left back....shudder), thought he was alright but nothing overly special but was impressed with him at Well when I saw him.

Wasn't gonna get a game with us because we had Buijs, Pursehouse and Fowler all able to play there...could be a decent signing though!

muzzhfc
06-06-2012, 03:01 PM

i read team talk too but i find that its a lazy version of Sky Sports. pretty much all the news comes from SS

AinsterHibs
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
i read team talk too but i find that its a lazy version of Sky Sports. pretty much all the news comes from SS

I completely agree, but thought I'd add to the guesswork. :na na:

McPake is possibly hinting here too:

James McPake‏@JamesMcPake

I like the new Coventry kits #veryimpressed and I'm sure the Hibs fans will love there's when they c them on Friday!!

muzzhfc
06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
he saw them after the final and tweeted about it then

Piqué
06-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Bauben and gomis were signed from cowdenbeath for dundee united. Webster was signed from arbroath for hearts. Why cant we do it properly and regularly?
Buaben was from Ajax but you're right. If bigger clubs can sign our better players and get them to perform, then by the same logic we should be able to take players from smaller clubs who can step up and perform at SPL level.

R'Albin
06-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I completely agree, but thought I'd add to the guesswork. :na na:

McPake is possibly hinting here too:

James McPake‏@JamesMcPake

I like the new Coventry kits #veryimpressed and I'm sure the Hibs fans will love there's when they c them on Friday!!

"there's" instead of "their's", I thought better of him :wink:

ThirdManRun
06-06-2012, 05:23 PM
"there's" instead of "their's", I thought better of him :wink:

Or 'theirs' for that matter...

R'Albin
06-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Or 'theirs' for that matter...

Infact.. should it not just be 'their kit'? And wouldn't theirs need an apostrophe as it's ours?

ThirdManRun
06-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Infact.. should it not just be 'their kit'? And wouldn't theirs need an apostrophe as it's ours?

Theirs doesn't need an apostrophe, in the same way ours doesn't. The word itself indicates possession.

But the important thing in all this is that McPake signs!

The_Horde
06-06-2012, 06:38 PM

What am i missing?

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Nothing wrong with signing players who can see that Hibs are a step up and that they are only one game away from the hook. Better that, than boys that think they are doing us a favour by turning out.

Don Giovanni
06-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Tim played more at right back than centre back (and left back....shudder), thought he was alright but nothing overly special but was impressed with him at Well when I saw him.

Wasn't gonna get a game with us because we had Buijs, Pursehouse and Fowler all able to play there...could be a decent signing though!

Cheers for that.

:aok:

Scouse Hibee
06-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Neither have signed yet!

scoopyboy
06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Neither have signed yet!

How do you know that?

Scouse Hibee
06-06-2012, 07:18 PM
How do you know that?

As of today not signed due to certain people crucial to the process being away from the club. Will be some movement very soon though. Source 200% reliable.

scoopyboy
06-06-2012, 07:24 PM
As of today not signed due to certain people crucial to the process being away from the club. Will be some movement very soon though. Source 200% reliable.

I don't have a 200% reliable source but do have two separate 100% reliable sources that know that one of the players signed ages ago, so it wouldn't matter who was away from the club today.

Scouse Hibee
06-06-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't have a 200% reliable source but do have two separate 100% reliable sources that know that one of the players signed ages ago, so it wouldn't matter who was away from the club today.

Fair enough mate, I was told what I was told from the horses mouth at the weekend and have no reason to doubt it, he did say Clancy had spent a lot of time at the club last week but had not actually signed. As the person who told me is instrumental in the process I can't see why he would say otherwise. You seem to get a fair bit of info right so fair play to you. One of the reasons I don't post too much of what is said is because of the counter comments who have other info. Cheers SH

scoopyboy
06-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Fair enough mate, I was told what I was told from the horses mouth at the weekend and have no reason to doubt it, he did say Clancy had spent a lot of time at the club last week but had not actually signed. As the person who told me is instrumental in the process I can't see why he would say otherwise. You seem to get a fair bit of info right so fair play to you. One of the reasons I don't post too much of what is said is because of the counter comments who have other info. Cheers SH

My info is regarding the other player.

Scouse Hibee
06-06-2012, 07:33 PM
My info is regarding the other player.

He wasn't mentioned but the fact that no-one had signed yet was.

scoopyboy
06-06-2012, 07:37 PM

I wouldn't worry about counter comments, there is nothing to say you aren't right and others are wrong (and that of course counts me).

Shrekko
06-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Pretty sure it was Donkey Dave, ball dropped to him about 5 yards out and he used his immense natural skill to sky it over the bar. :greengrin

It was Moore. McPherson scored about a minute before the miss.

Bostonhibby
06-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Ahem, Alan O'Brien looked great in a friendly at Stirling Albion, we all know what happened after that......

:faf: :agree: I seen him chasing a squirrel up Arthurs Seat and thought, great, he's quick, a couple of months later I thought S*ite that's all he is actually good at, chasing squirrels :greengrin Rumour has it the squirrels nutmegged him once a ball was introduced into the chase.

Bostonhibby
06-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Injury time played that day went on and on and on...And your right, Someone for them missed a sitter right at the death. Still remember the headline on the back of the Evening news on the Monday, " 10 Men Hibs dump Hearts " And in the Sun it was " Hibs are new Kings of the Capital "

:cb:cb

Some day / night, was there and got a cracking picture of Archie scoring, in a box in the loft somewhere, gonnae try and find it!

theonlywayisup
06-06-2012, 08:36 PM
As a matter of interest, who was the first person to mention the Cairney signing. IIRC, someone on here posted it before it was in the papers about 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Who was that person?

Speedway
06-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I think the club have been trying hard to get the James McHype deal done so as not to have to lead with 'lower key signings' on friday.

Signing an ex-Livingston Coventry reserve is of course a lot more high profile than a Mothers or Partick regular.

cheltenhamhibee
06-06-2012, 08:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE

here you go, enjoy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eyrie
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM
I think the club have been trying hard to get the James McHype deal done so as not to have to lead with 'lower key signings' on friday.

Signing an ex-Livingston Coventry reserve is of course a lot more high profile than a Mothers or Partick regular.

:fishin:

leithsansiro
06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Need a goalscoring midfielder I reckon. Hope we announce the signing of Pat McGinlay, circa 1995

:tumble:

leithsansiro
06-06-2012, 10:47 PM
As a matter of interest, who was the first person to mention the Cairney signing. IIRC, someone on here posted it before it was in the papers about 4 or 5 weeks ago.

You do realise that trolling through football forums is what counts as football journalism these days?

Wotherspiniesta
06-06-2012, 10:55 PM

Who was that person?

It was Brooster.

He's always bang on.

Infact, I think he's Rod Petrie. :agree:

Kato
06-06-2012, 11:07 PM

There's a great still photo of Archie scoring that goal. Classic striker shaping to keep the ball down; arms balanced perfectly, head over the ball. Sweet. Had a hoot that day.

Brooster
07-06-2012, 07:11 AM
It was Brooster.

He's always bang on.

Infact, I think he's Rod Petrie. :agree:

I can confirm that I am not Rod Petrie :greengrin

Coco Bryce
07-06-2012, 07:53 AM
I take it McPake has signed then?

He is sporting the new strip in the promotional photo's out tomorrow anyway?

Either that or Hibs are about to make a complete fool of themselves??

BarneyK
07-06-2012, 07:58 AM
I take it McPake has signed then?

He is sporting the new strip in the promotional photo's out tomorrow anyway?

Either that or Hibs are about to make a complete fool of themselves??

How do you know this?

IanM
07-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Still nothing confirmed from ER re the signings - i am way too impatient but some news would be good

Coco Bryce
07-06-2012, 08:05 AM
How do you know this?

Because I do!

Even more worrying is the fact the photoshoot was done about a week before the final?

BarneyK
07-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Because I do!

Even more worrying is the fact the photoshoot was done about a week before the final?

Fair enough they took some photos of McPake in the new gear, doesn't naturally follow that they'll use them for the launch? As you say, that would be a bit daft.

Westie1875
07-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Because I do!

Surely they must have taken some with someone else guaranteed to actually be here in case the signing wasn't done in time or at all? :confused:

Newry Hibs
07-06-2012, 08:30 AM
I can confirm that I am not Rod Petrie :greengrin

As per Life of Brian ..... 'Only the true Messiah would deny his divinity'

Piqué
07-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Surely they must have taken some with someone else guaranteed to actually be here in case the signing wasn't done in time or at all? :confused:

Dont worry, I heard Soares, Doherty and Francomb were all involved in the photoshoot...

BarneyK
07-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Dont worry, I heard Soares, Doherty and Francomb were all involved in the photoshoot...

Hibernia Na Eir
07-06-2012, 08:42 AM

these names give me nightmares.

never want to see any in a Hibs jersey again.

Andy74
07-06-2012, 09:01 AM
these names give me nightmares.

never want to see any in a Hibs jersey again.

They were all better than what we had before and will probabaly be better than we could attract permanently.

I think it would have been better for a number of people at Hibs if they had just got themsleves knocked out in an earlier round of the cup.

Did I imagine Doherty and Soares being key players in the Dunfermline game that ulitimately kept us up?

Spike Mandela
07-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Did I imagine Doherty and Soares being key players in the Dunfermline game that ulitimately kept us up?

Yes they were key players in helping Hibs finish 11th in the league. Why should any Hibs supporter lose any sleep over not seeing these players in a Hibs strip again Andy. Time to move on.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2012, 09:28 AM
They were all better than what we had before and will probabaly be better than we could attract permanently.

I think it would have been better for a number of people at Hibs if they had just got themsleves knocked out in an earlier round of the cup.

Andy, they managed to do well against the team we managed to beat to relegation?

The whole team were bloody abysmal over the course of the season, Garry O'Connor even managed to contribute much more with a decent amount of goals, but i'd not like to see him back either.

If they were key players against a few teams over the season, then perhaps i could see your point. Doherty is a clown the way he's spoken since the final and wont be back anyway, Soares seems to have a better idea on how to speak to the media.

Yet ultimately he was never fit, and has not been fit for a long time. He would i'd imagine be looking for a lot more than we could pay. He's hardly set the world on fire wherever he's played, i'd let someone else gamble on him

Andy74
07-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Andy, they managed to do well against the team we managed to beat to relegation?

The whole team were bloody abysmal over the course of the season, Garry O'Connor even managed to contribute much more with a decent amount of goals, but i'd not like to see him back either.

If they were key players against a few teams over the season, then perhaps i could see your point. Doherty is a clown the way he's spoken since the final and wont be back anyway, Soares seems to have a better idea on how to speak to the media.

Yet ultimately he was never fit, and has not been fit for a long time. He would i'd imagine be looking for a lot more than we could pay. He's hardly set the world on fire wherever he's played, i'd let someone else gamble on him

I wouldn't be too bothered about seeing any of them again either for some of the reasons you mention but some of the reaction to them now is a bit OTT.

As I said though, can you see us getting any better?

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't be too bothered about seeing any of them again either for some of the reasons you mention but some of the reaction to them now is a bit OTT.

I can, teams a lot smaller than us seem to manage to pick up enough quality to do better than us.

Over to you Pat.

scoopyboy
07-06-2012, 10:27 AM

Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson were 2 IIRC.

Andy74
07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
I can, teams a lot smaller than us seem to manage to pick up enough quality to do better than us.

Over to you Pat.

I hope so too, and to be honest what we need now is a coherent team regardless of whether the individuals in themsleves are what we would think of as key players.

superfurryhibby
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM

We will only improve if we sign the right players. That has been sadly lacking in recent times. Surely teams like Motherwell are showing how it can be done. Identifying the right players is the key. To my mind we need to stop signing journeymen from the English lower divisions and look at young Scottish talent, that would be a start.

Speedway
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
We will only improve if we sign the right players. That has been sadly lacking in recent times. Surely teams like Motherwell are showing how it can be done. Identifying the right players is the key. To my mind we need to stop signing journeymen from the English lower divisions and look at young Scottish talent, that would be a start.

I think that's part of it. Expectation and 'big club' attitutde is also key. A player who meets expectations at the Mothers or Saints wou;dn't necessarily be deemed 'Hibs Class' with us supporters.

One thing we've proved, is that wherever we finish in the league, it's not good enough. I think we need not only the right player but performances and results that are good enough for 3rd/4th finish.

Andy74
07-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Motherwell though have been taking players from even worse backgrounds in lower leagues in england and abroad, they've just picked better ones than we have. If anything we've signed players from the likes of Liverpool, Aston Villa, Stoke, Wolves and Nottingham Forest without much luck.

Chris Humphrey for example came from Shrewsbury and had been on loan at Stafford Rangers.

Darren Randolph, whilst actually a Charlton player had kicked about in loan spells at the likes of Wellington, Acrrington Stanley and Hereford.

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Maybe the campaign is "out with the old and in with the new"

Stevie Reid
07-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Motherwell though have been taking players from even worse backgrounds in lower leagues in england and abroad, they've just picked better ones than we have. If anything we've signed players from the likes of Liverpool, Aston Villa, Stoke, Wolves and Nottingham Forest without much luck.

Chris Humphrey for example came from Shrewsbury and had been on loan at Stafford Rangers.

Darren Randolph, whilst actually a Charlton player had kicked about in loan spells at the likes of Wellington, Acrrington Stanley and Hereford.

In addition, Giles Coke was at Kingstonian, Mansfield Town and Northampton Town prior to signing for Motherwell (now at Bury), and Tom Hateley was on loan at Basingstoke Town before signing for them.

Omar Daley on Wikipedia: -

2001–2006
Portmore United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmore_United_F.C.)
?
(?)

2003–2004
→ Reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_F.C.) (loan)
(0)

2004–2005
→ Preston North End (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_North_End_F.C.) (loan)
(0)

2006–2007
Charleston Battery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston_Battery)
(3)

2007–2011
Bradford City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_A.F.C.)
(14)

→ Rotherham United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_United_F.C.) (loan)
(1

Henrik Ojamaa was a revelation, he came from the Finnish Second Division.

We haven't been looking in the wrong places, but we have signed the wrong players - though Speedway's points about fan expectation undoubtedly are true also, as you could imagine the reaction of many on here if we had signed players from such backgrounds (regardless of the success that we had with Ivan Sproule first time round).

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2012, 12:47 PM

:agree: And only confirms that good enough players are out there, its the guy we employ as manager who's failed to spot them.

Also it appears our scouts have been out scouted too.

down-the-slope
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM
As per Life of Brian ..... 'Only the true Messiah would deny his divinity'

Brooster is not the Messiah...He just a very naughty boy :greengrin

Just Alf
07-06-2012, 01:00 PM

this!

Hopefully this summer's going to be better

GGTTH

Andy74
07-06-2012, 01:00 PM
:agree: And only confirms that good enough players are out there, its the guy we employ as manager who's failed to spot them.

What they, and Dundee United have done well with though, and I hope Pat shares the view, is that a big solid keeper will do the job in the SPL, defenders that just defend and can do so without fuss and then add a lot of pace wide and up front, even if they don't have brlliant skills to go with it. Chuck in a big guy up front that can make the ball and stick and you are most of the way there.

brog
07-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Wonderful - thanks!! I was actually in Lagos, Nigeria when Archie scored that goal & somehow heard commentary on the radio. I was in exact same place, by the pool in Ikoyi club when someone called Kidd scored a couple for Dundee, don't know why that sticks in my mind!!! I should have spent more time by that pool!!

brog
07-06-2012, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;3256010]They were all better than what we had before and will probabaly be better than we could attract permanently.

Agreed! Francomb's been given another year's contract by a Premiership club & if he had played left back in the final we may have had a chance of winning!

calumb
07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
What they, and Dundee United have done well with though, and I hope Pat shares the view, is that a big solid keeper will do the job in the SPL, defenders that just defend and can do so without fuss and then add a lot of pace wide and up front, even if they don't have brlliant skills to go with it. Chuck in a big guy up front that can make the ball and stick and you are most of the way there.

totally agree with all of that.

Pace is the key to the spl and seems to have been ignored at hibs since ivan was signed first time around.

James70
07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;3256010]They were all better than what we had before and will probabaly be better than we could attract permanently.

Agreed! Francomb's been given another year's contract by a Premiership club & if he had played left back in the final we may have had a chance of winning!

Sorry, can't agree. Only if Francombe or anyone else for that matter had been referee would we have stood a chance of winning! :rolleyes:

jimmy-adjovi
07-06-2012, 03:45 PM

In addition, Giles Coke was at Kingstonian, Mansfield Town and Northampton Town prior to signing for Motherwell (now at Bury), and Tom Hateley was on loan at Basingstoke Town before signing for them.

Omar Daley on Wikipedia: -

2001–2006
Portmore United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmore_United_F.C.)
?
(?)

2003–2004
→ Reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_F.C.) (loan)
(0)

2004–2005
→ Preston North End (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_North_End_F.C.) (loan)
(0)

2006–2007
Charleston Battery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston_Battery)
(3)

2007–2011
Bradford City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_A.F.C.)
(14)

→ Rotherham United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_United_F.C.) (loan)
(1

Henrik Ojamaa was a revelation, he came from the Finnish Second Division.

We haven't been looking in the wrong places, but we have signed the wrong players - though Speedway's points about fan expectation undoubtedly are true also, as you could imagine the reaction of many on here if we had signed players from such backgrounds (regardless of the success that we had with Ivan Sproule first time round).

Omar Daley is utter garbage though

muzzhfc
07-06-2012, 04:15 PM
and still no news if they have officially signed or not . . .

Andy74
07-06-2012, 04:57 PM
and still no news if they have officially signed or not . . .

Nor will there be until they officially sign!

muzzhfc
07-06-2012, 05:23 PM

thats what i was meaning. i hate newspapers/tabloids because all they do is say they have etc and keep it going and we hear nothing official. ahhhh love/hate this season!!

staunchhibby
09-06-2012, 10:20 AM
According to the papers Cairney has not signed yet.Apparently they are sill talking with his agent

Diclonius
09-06-2012, 10:24 AM
According to the papers Cairney has not signed yet.Apparently they are sill talking with his agent

E.g. trying to offer him less money than he wants.

Guess we can write this one off too.

Imand
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Notice the end of the on-line Daily Record article says that Clancy has already signed and that we fancy the Slovak defender Lubomir Michalak.

Part/Time Supporter
09-06-2012, 11:37 AM

EEN is saying he will sign when he returns from holiday. (http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/paul-cairney-set-to-sign-on-for-hibees-1-2347130)

scoopyboy
09-06-2012, 12:24 PM

Disagree, not until they have been officially announced.

We have had players officially signed long before they are oficially announced.

Speedway
11-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Apparently Fenlon's in the paper today saying that he's happy going into the new season with what he's got.

stokesmessiah
11-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Apparently Fenlon's in the paper today saying that he's happy going into the new season with what he's got.

I hope to god thats a joke.

BarneyK
11-06-2012, 10:31 AM

That is absolutely mental.

HibbyAndy
11-06-2012, 10:34 AM

Then relegation is a certainty imo.

brog
11-06-2012, 10:35 AM

Managers always have to say that. Like everyone else I would be aghast if true but given we only have youth goalkeepers on our books at present I think we can take with usual pinch of salt.

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Managers always have to say that. Like everyone else I would be aghast if true but given we only have youth goalkeepers on our books at present I think we can take with usual pinch of salt.

:agree: If any manager says its Monday, i check the calendar.

J-C
11-06-2012, 10:37 AM

Maybe what he's got now and the players he's arranged to come in during the window. :greengrin

c31
11-06-2012, 10:38 AM
apparently fenlon's in the paper today saying that he's happy going into the new season with what he's got.

omg.... Help!!!

silverhibee
11-06-2012, 10:45 AM

You have a link to that or are you at the wind up Sir. :greengrin

Andy74
11-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Then relegation is a certainty imo.

Dear God :greengrin

fatbloke
11-06-2012, 11:58 AM

which ones the Beano and the Dandy?

bawheid
11-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Speedway, Speedway..... :tsk tsk:

RyeSloan
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
E.g. trying to offer him less money than he wants.

Guess we can write this one off too.

Aye forgot that we should just pay players whatever they ask for and that the rest of the SPL is clearly just signing players without negotiating with the agents first.

Speedway
11-06-2012, 12:34 PM

You'd think folk would ken me by now but that's ok.

I only ever post three types of information.

1. Complete tosh

2. My opinion, which is mostly complete tosh

3. Transfer information that I've obtained from very acceptable sources and often turns out to be tosh.

smurf
11-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Disagree, not until they have been officially announced.

We have had players officially signed long before they are oficially announced.

Why do we do this do you think?

PeterboroHibee
11-06-2012, 02:24 PM

Yeah theres no way he really means that, although I am a bit surprised hes even come out and said it. Our squad is a joke and nowhere near ready to be able to compete in the SPL, thats clear for everyone to see.

bingo70
11-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah theres no way he really means that, although I am a bit surprised hes even come out and said it. Our squad is a joke and nowhere near ready to be able to compete in the SPL, thats clear for everyone to see.

Pretty sure its a wind up from speedway, we've got about 4 players so I don't think fenlon would really have said that

Yuillsy
11-06-2012, 02:42 PM

If he did say that it totally contradicts what's said on the official website.
"It's a summer of change at Easter Road. New attitude, new players, new team, new season"!

Famous5forever
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM

We need at least 7 new players if we start the season with " what we have got " Paddy wont be there come the AGM.

BT58
11-06-2012, 02:52 PM

1. Complete tosh

3. Transfer information that I've obtained from very acceptable sources and often turns out to be tosh.
Is that paul tosh or mack in tosh ???

calumb
11-06-2012, 03:15 PM

could we have signed players before the window opened but these players are now away on holidays and the club wont officially announce them till they are back to meet the press?

Onion
11-06-2012, 03:25 PM

:agree: that's why I for one don't believe he said it. He couldn't be that stupid.

Just Alf
11-06-2012, 05:35 PM
:agree: that's why I for one don't believe he said it. He couldn't be that stupid.

Score one for Speedway! ... U had me going m8y!

Hibbyradge
11-06-2012, 05:59 PM

1. Complete tosh

Tosh.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-06-2012, 06:25 PM

Could be viewed as away of hiding the amounts spent and and positions filled along with the quality of the acquisition. Keeps players, agents and supporter on their toes.

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Pretty sure its a wind up from speedway, we've got about 4 players so I don't think fenlon would really have said that

What positions are the 4 in?

IWasThere2016
11-06-2012, 06:49 PM

1. Complete tosh

First thing you've ever got right :wink: :greengrin

One mare than Mikey at least :faf:

HibbySpurs
11-06-2012, 07:05 PM

:rotflmao:

However, all done in the best possible taste no doubt

BEEJ
11-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Could be viewed as away of hiding the amounts spent and and positions filled along with the quality of the acquisition. Keeps players, agents and supporter on their toes.
The question was along the lines of: "Why do we sign players and then take some time to announce their signature?"

"To keep supporters on their toes." ???

:Ummm:

scoopyboy
11-06-2012, 08:27 PM

Smurf, I wished I knew and I also wish they wouldn't do it.

I thought maybe to drip feed us with news to encourage season ticket sales buy pretty sure I'm wrong.

Sort of announce a signing, launch a strip, etc, etc but can't see it.