PDA

View Full Version : Levein supporting Engurland.

silverhibee
05-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Potter is a trumpet and should be moved from his position of manager of our National Team. :agree:http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4356633/I-hope-my-old-mucker-Roy-can-get-the-best-out-of-his-boys.html

SteveHFC
05-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Fud that is all :agree:

Spike Mandela
05-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Fud that is all :agree:

Uberfud!!!

snooky
05-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Potter is a trumpet and should be moved from his position of manager of our National Team. :agree:http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4356633/I-hope-my-old-mucker-Roy-can-get-the-best-out-of-his-boys.html

Good support for Roy from a man who picked a team with less strikers than DC Thomson.

cabbageandribs1875
06-06-2012, 01:25 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4356770/Andy-Murray-Best-of-luck-to-Roo-too.html

does this make murray a fud as well :cb or is he just behind Engerlundy a 'wee bit' or, is he trying a PR stunt before wimbers after saying ABE last year :greengrin

marinello59
06-06-2012, 05:08 AM
I don't see what he has said there that is so wrong?:confused:

R'Albin
06-06-2012, 05:21 AM
To be fair to Potter, I don't think he has said much wrong here. The Sun - shock horror - have taken his statement completely out of proportion in the headline.

"I’d love to see them doing well for Roy’s sake but I think if they get to the semi-finals they’ll have done a good job.”

Now, I think Levein should have shown a bit of sense and just avoided any England related questions, as he isn't the most popular man in Scotland at the minute, but he's saying that he wants Hodgson to do well, not England the team.

And besides, I'd have no problem if any Scotland manager admitted they wanted England to do well in a competition, as long as they did their job well. The reason I dislike is because Levein he's a ***** manager, not because of his feelings towards England.

Dinkydoo
06-06-2012, 05:59 AM
To be fair to Potter, I don't think he has said much wrong here. The Sun - shock horror - have taken his statement completely out of proportion in the headline.

"I’d love to see them doing well for Roy’s sake but I think if they get to the semi-finals they’ll have done a good job.”

Now, I think Levein should have shown a bit of sense and just avoided any England related questions, as he isn't the most popular man in Scotland at the minute, but he's saying that he wants Hodgson to do well, not England the team.

And besides, I'd have no problem if any Scotland manager admitted they wanted England to do well in a competition, as long as they did their job well. The reason I dislike is because Levein he's a ***** manager, not because of his feelings towards England.

No point in me typing out all that when I can simply :agree:

Hainan Hibs
06-06-2012, 06:11 AM
As much as I love a bit of Levein bashing I don't think he warrants it for what he has actually said.

Pretty Boy
06-06-2012, 07:20 AM
As much as I love a bit of Levein bashing I don't think he warrants it for what he has actually said.

Agree.

I'd actually think it would be far less becoming of a Scotland manager if he was to say he wanted England to get pumped.

He's given a pretty diplomatic answer really. Still a fud though.

Steve-O
06-06-2012, 07:42 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4356770/Andy-Murray-Best-of-luck-to-Roo-too.html

does this make murray a fud as well :cb or is he just behind Engerlundy a 'wee bit' or, is he trying a PR stunt before wimbers after saying ABE last year :greengrin

FFS Rooney's barnet is starting to look like Bobby Charlton's combover! :agree:

Wilson
06-06-2012, 08:09 AM
The only thing levein should be supporting is a flyover.

StevesFamau5
06-06-2012, 08:31 AM
The only thing levein should be supporting is a flyover.

Or a pair of droppy tits up front... And i mean that in every way

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

matty_f
06-06-2012, 10:14 AM
To be fair to Potter, he'll be wanting to keep in with potential players, he'll not be bothered about alienating players actually from Scotland.

superfurryhibby
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM

Voice of reason speaks. I agree with all you say.

heretoday
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Can't abide Levein but he can support whomever he likes. I'm backing Germany and god knows they've never done Scotland any favours.

JimBHibees
06-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Agree.

I'd actually think it would be far less becoming of a Scotland manager if he was to say he wanted England to get pumped.

He's given a pretty diplomatic answer really. Still a fud though.

Agree with all of that he is just being diplomatic and saying what most if not all would say in his position.

lyonhibs
06-06-2012, 01:21 PM

:agree::agree:

There are a million and one reasons why Levein should get punted from the Scotland job. Wanting England to put in a decent performance for their manager isn't one of them.

In fact, given the petty and - in the case of The Sun - disgraceful reaction to Hodgson's appointment over everyone's favourite "Our 'arry", I agree with him - on that point, and that point alone.

Scouse Hibee
06-06-2012, 02:26 PM
:zzzzz!: Move on nothing to see apart from another .net over reaction.

1two
06-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Aye, but he's still a fud

Hibernia&Alba
06-06-2012, 05:40 PM
I may be in a small minority, but I hope both England and Ireland do well. I have no problem with them.

PISTOL1875
06-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Oh, the irony. :wink:

Irony is winning the title in Fergie time mate.. Hahahahaha...........

givescotlandfreedom
06-06-2012, 05:45 PM
If Potter's watching his mate at least that'll take his mind off destroying Scotland for a while.

Wotherspiniesta
06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Irony is winning the title in Fergie time mate.. Hahahahaha...........

Nothing like a swift change of subject after being gazumped in your efforts to ridicule the good members of hibs.net.

Well played.

Beefster
06-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't see what he has said there that is so wrong?:confused:

C'mon m59, Levein implied that he wanted our nearest neighbours to do well at a football tournament. It's a hanging offence at best.

It's alright for everyone to have a favourite English team but actually saying anything supportive of the English nation is a no-no in Salmond's Scotland.

Bostonhibby
06-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Levein for England.

Hodgson was only ever a compromise candidate for the forthcoming tournament, what has he ever done on the international stage?

They need a much younger tactically aware manager (preferably with glasses) who knows how to set out a 10 man defence.

06-06-2012, 09:00 PM

:agree:

PISTOL1875
06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Nothing like a swift change of subject after being gazumped in your efforts to ridicule the good members of hibs.net.

Well played.

Never miss an opportunity to wind up one of you lot..

My effort still stands pal.. .net members need to build bridges and get a life..

Wotherspiniesta
06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Never miss an opportunity to wind up one of you lot..

My effort still stands pal.. .net members need to build bridges and get a life..

Endearing yourself to the masses I see. :aok:

Mikeystewart
06-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Some people are starting to become caricatures with the scrutiny and over reaction to every word that comes out of Levien's mouth and remember what paper your reading, at no point does he say he supports England and this headline has gotten the exact predictable reaction it was aiming to get. He just says he'd like them to do well I would like Steven Fletcher to do well at wolves but that doesn't make me a wolves fan I just have an emotional attachment to those involved. If I supported an English team would that make me partly an English football fan making me an England fan... No it wouldn't.

Even if he does have a soft spot for England who cares? some of scotland better players in the past 30-40 years have come from england and some coaches, was anyone really that bothered about Terry Butcher being part of the back room staff under Burley? I don't think so and you can bet your bottom dollar he was a bigger England supporter than Scotland.

Ignoring all the other stuff the only thing I would complain about from that article is the fact it sounds as if he tries to compare Italy's match fixing issues with England injuries/racism/lack of time to prepare and I'm picking holes in things by even highlighting that, people need to get a grip and take off the Green tinted glasses.

lay of potter :duck: ... at least until he messes up the next qualifiers by playing 11 keepers against Wales.

PISTOL1875
06-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Endearing yourself to the masses I see. :aok:

That's my opinion.. Don't like it then don't comment on it.. Simples....

PISTOL1875
06-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Some people are starting to become caricatures with the scrutiny and over reaction to every word that comes out of Levien's mouth and remember what paper your reading, at no point does he say he supports England and this headline has gotten the exact predictable reaction it was aiming to get. He just says he'd like them to do well I would like Steven Fletcher to do well at wolves but that doesn't make me a wolves fan I just have an emotional attachment to those involved. If I supported an English team would that make me partly an English football fan making me an England fan... No it wouldn't.

Even if he does have a soft spot for England who cares? some of scotland better players in the past 30-40 years have come from england and some coaches, was anyone really that bothered about Terry Butcher being part of the back room staff under Burley? I don't think so and you can bet your bottom dollar he was a bigger England supporter than Scotland.

Ignoring all the other stuff the only thing I would complain about from that article is the fact it sounds as if he tries to compare Italy's match fixing issues with England injuries/racism/lack of time to prepare and I'm picking holes in things by even highlighting that, people need to get a grip and take off the Green tinted glasses.

lay of potter :duck: ... at least until he messes up the next qualifiers by playing 11 keepers against Wales.

Spot on mate.. Couldn't have put it better myself..