PDA

View Full Version : Mention on Holby City

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Hibs just got a mention on Holby City, one of the doctors was wearing a Hibs badge, some boy in a liverpool t-shirt says "you have some good players", wonder when the Liverpool fan saw us:rolleyes:

Anyway, I am ridiculously sad at getting excited because Hibs get mention on a tv show:rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
05-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Hibs just got a mention on Holby City, one of the doctors was wearing a Hibs badge, some boy in a liverpool t-shirt says "you have some good players", wonder when the Liverpool fan saw us:rolleyes:

Anyway, I am ridiculously sad at getting excited because Hibs get mention on a tv show:rolleyes:

Well that's a lie:devil:

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Well that's a lie:devil:

Poor script writing Andy..........

sleeping giant
05-06-2012, 09:55 PM

I mind getting chuffed when John Leslie appeared on Blue Peter in his Hands Off Hibs T-Shirt :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
I mind getting chuffed when John Leslie appeared on Blue Peter in his Hands Off Hibs T-Shirt :aok:

Phew thought it was just me.....Mind you, you would have been 20 years younger, I have no excuse:greengrin

frazeHFC
05-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I won't be watching it on i-player. Course not! :tee hee:

sleeping giant
05-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Phew thought it was just me.....Mind you, you would have been 20 years younger, I have no excuse:greengrin

I'm no really 91 btw :cb
An admin changed it for a laugh ages ago and i cant change it back.
F****** 91 :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Excuse the quality of picture and sound but I recorded the clip off my laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qe6nMG2yIM

iwasthere1972
05-06-2012, 10:31 PM

He only changed it the day before your 100th because the system can't cope with ages that have three digits.

Mikeystewart
05-06-2012, 10:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&feature=vm&video_id=0qe6nMG2yIM

I think you only pasted the link to the video manager as it took me to my own youtube account :wink:

iwasthere1972
05-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I think you only pasted the link to the video manager as it took me to my own youtube account :wink:

:doh: Cheers.

Try that.

SRHibs
05-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Good players? You think the BBC would do some ****ing research before their show. Complaint duly written and sent.

iwasthere1972
05-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Good players? You think the BBC would do some ****ing research before their show. Complaint duly written and sent.

:agree:

At least ITV did their research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWMTOZ2o0F4

We got beat by some team in Dundee.

MSK
05-06-2012, 11:07 PM
I remember a few years back hibs got a mention from Dennis Waterman on one of his sit com's ..was kinda along the lines of "Cheer up did hibs get beat again" in reference to a huffy Scottish Nanny/Domestic burd ..:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
05-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Dev Alahan mentioned the mighty cabbage in a corrie st episode a few years back :wink: iirc he had been up to Edinburgh for Hogmanay and went to watch Hibernian :cb

iwasthere1972
05-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Dev Alahan mentioned the mighty cabbage in a corrie st episode a few years back :wink: iirc he had been up to Edinburgh for Hogmanay and went to watch Hibernian :cb

See post #13. :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
See post #13. :aok:

you must have foresaw my post :greengrin funny how i can't remember what happened in mondays episodes, but i can remember that one from a few years back :hmmm:

dangermouse
06-06-2012, 08:09 AM

How do we know your not actually the Duke of Edinburgh who must have a soft spot for the Cabbage living so close to the ground when he's in town?

Hibernia Na Eir
06-06-2012, 08:18 AM

ah! what era of badge was it though?

Kojock
06-06-2012, 10:02 AM

I was thinking that your ridiculously sad for not only watching Holby city but for also admitting it on here:na na:

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2012, 12:33 PM
ah! what era of badge was it though?

Current badge.....

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2012, 12:35 PM
I was thinking that your ridiculously sad for not only watching Holby city but for also admitting it on here:na na:

Haha HSH, wasn't watching it per se, it was on in background, but the Hibs reference made my ears prick up.....(Does that restore your faith in me:wink:)

Engels74
06-06-2012, 01:14 PM
For those interested, here is the episode on bbc i player. go to 10mins. only 20sec about Hibs then back to the storyline of the episode. just like sportscene i suppose.:greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jqgdw/Holby_City_Series_14_Last_Day_on_Earth/

Hibercelona
06-06-2012, 01:29 PM
For those interested, here is the episode on bbc i player. go to 10mins. only 20sec about Hibs then back to the storyline of the episode. just like sportscene i suppose.:greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jqgdw/Holby_City_Series_14_Last_Day_on_Earth/

Holby City has now had more coverage on Hibs than sportscene ever has.

(((Fergus)))
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Is it a psychiatric hospital?

Dave-O
06-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I remember a few years back hibs got a mention from Dennis Waterman on one of his sit com's ..was kinda along the lines of "Cheer up did hibs get beat again" in reference to a huffy Scottish Nanny/Domestic burd ..:agree:

I remember seeing that, early 90's I think, Jenna Russell was the housekeeper, first time I recall the mighty cabbage being mentioned on the telly,
phoned my brother right away to see if he seen it. :greengrin

muzzhfc
06-06-2012, 03:45 PM
i dont know whats more worrying, the beeb thinking we have good players, or the fact that people actually watch holby city . . .

.Sean.
06-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Am I imagining this or was there a show on every week during one season in the 90's - Half an hour, maybe an hour and the focus of the show was purely Hibs?

I was young and the memory's rather vague, so I could well be talking pish mind you...

cabbageandribs1875
06-06-2012, 04:41 PM
that was Hobo city :)

MSK
06-06-2012, 04:46 PM
that was Hobo city :):greengrin

MSK
06-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I remember seeing that, early 90's I think, Jenna Russell was the housekeeper, first time I recall the mighty cabbage being mentioned on the telly,
phoned my brother right away to see if he seen it. :greengrinOn the Up ...:agree:

ekhibee
06-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Am I imagining this or was there a show on every week during one season in the 90's - Half an hour, maybe an hour and the focus of the show was purely Hibs?

I was young and the memory's rather vague, so I could well be talking pish mind you...

Well remember for a short while there was Tartan TV, think it was on Sky, and it had a half hour weekly programme about Hibs, Peter Martin presented it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Would have made more sense if the story was that the hospital board had ploughed all the budget into a top of the range medical facility and then had to employ crappy doctors cos all the money was gone. A lot of the patients then stayed away and tried to get better at home, and the only ones that kept turning up had a terminal addiction and were past help.

Scouse Hibee
06-06-2012, 07:13 PM

Script writers spot on, the Liverpool fan has watched so much pish this season!

cam75
06-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Still think the BT advert with ET was the tops!

iwasthere1972
06-06-2012, 07:23 PM
I've now written into Points of View complaining about this obvious error and have backed it up with footage of our games over the last few seasons. I expect a full apology from the Beeb in due course.

iwasthere1972
06-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Still think the BT advert with ET was the tops!

There was a clip on YouTube of a Scottish comedian reporting on the football results. Suddenly he gave a big smile and shouted out words similar to "Ya Beauty. Hibs 1 Hearts 0".

The clip has since disappeared from YouTube.

That was classic.

erin go bragh
06-06-2012, 07:48 PM

Picture was no bad ,but the sound ,were they talking Arabic :greengrin
Mind Dev giving Hibs a metion on corrie [ the wife was watching it ]
But then he went and spoiled it by saying we got beat 4 nil with Dundee.

ggtth

KingFranck
06-06-2012, 08:40 PM
The Holby City and Corrie ones are alright but will never beat the greatest advert ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqeXndn0qyQ