PDA

View Full Version : Sol Bamba has signed for Trabzonspor

Winston Ingram
05-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Fourth Official ‏@Fourth_Official
As said earlier, Sol Bamba has now passed his medical and signed a 4 year deal with Trabzonspor (@BertLcfc) #Lcfc

This guy's info on Leicester City is bang on so I'd take this as gospel.

I'm pretty sure Rod negotiated a decent sell on clause:agree:

lyonhibs
05-06-2012, 07:12 PM
He was a bombscare who didn't want to be here IIRC??

Oh wait......

DaveF
05-06-2012, 07:16 PM
He was a bombscare who didn't want to be here IIRC??

Oh wait......

The 2nd bit is right :agree:

Silversand
05-06-2012, 07:26 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/hibs-face-bonus-windfall-over-sol-bamba-sale-1-2330421

Pretty Boy
05-06-2012, 07:46 PM

Indeed.

Good player but was pretty obvious he has his head turned by some of the big names at the Cup of Nations, was never the same after that.

Done very well for himself.

erin go bragh
05-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Ill hazard a guess that rod has inserted a 20% sell on clause .

If he went for a million ,we should get £150.000 .

ggtth

Cocaine&Caviar
05-06-2012, 08:10 PM

ggtth

McPake's signing on fee.

CallumLaidlaw
05-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Just use that for McPake please!

stoneyburn hibs
05-06-2012, 08:17 PM
McPake's signing on fee.

Could well be, take Mcpake anytime over Bamba

zlatan
05-06-2012, 09:11 PM

I disagree.

McPake is great but Sol Bamba was a class act to watch, even when half interested. Hope he does the business over there.

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2012, 09:12 PM

Yip the same Bamba who went AWOL when his teammates were in Holland on pre-season, and left his manager and teammates raging....

Evening News reported last week that the figure would be nearer £80k, still not bad if indeed that is the case

Elephant Stone
05-06-2012, 09:13 PM

Steady.

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-06-2012, 09:16 PM

ggtth

I'm glad you're my accountant!

CropleyWasGod
05-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm glad you're not my accountant!

I'd change your accountant :greengrin

We sold him for £250k, and he was sold on for £1m. £750k profit, of which 20% is......

wazoo1875
05-06-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm glad you're not my accountant!
I believe it would be 20% of the profit made by Leicester, which would be £750000. 20 % of which is ?? :greengrin
He can be my accountant :na na:

lyonhibs
05-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I'd change your accountant :greengrin

We sold him for £250k, and he was sold on for £1m. £750k profit, of which 20% is......

The way you've broken it down is rather clearer to be fair. At 1st glance, the original quoted post does seem to be saying that 20% of £1 million is £150k, which is Yamonomics at its very best.

Either way, a decent bit of wonga if it goes ahead that should be given directly to Paddy Fenlon's war chest.

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Awrite, awrite...calm doon

:wink:

Post edited :aok:

Leicester Fan
05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I've read it was 15% and the fee was 1 million Euros but that's not important.

Divided opinions down here. Made a lot of cock up but always seemed to get himself out of trouble. I'll miss him, always great entertainment.

lyonhibs
05-06-2012, 09:26 PM

Divided opinions down here. Made a lot of cock up but always seemed to get himself out of trouble. I'll miss him, always great entertainment.

His telescopic legs must have extracted him from upwards of 3 million self-made sticky situations (yes, yes, very funny, pre-empting the "ooorr errr matron" calls from the gallery) when he was playing for us.

HibbyAndy
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Steady.

Steady what?.

BEEJ
05-06-2012, 09:29 PM

I million Euros = £800k approx

£800k - £250k original fee = £550k

15% of £550k = £82.5k

It does make a difference, you know. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2012, 09:33 PM
I million Euros = £800k approx

£800k - £250k original fee = £550k

15% of £550k = £82.5k

It does make a difference, you know. :wink:

Would tie in with what the Evening News reported last week.....(circa £80k)

lyonhibs
05-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Steady what?.

Steady as in the young gentleman may not share the opinion that McPake is better than Bamba (thought I suspect you knew that was what he meant already :greengrin)

Looking at their respective career trajectories, one would be hard pushed to disagree.

That being said, a fit McPake - and there's a reason he was pissing about at Coventry, and it's got nowt to do with ability - would be a brilliant starting point for the mammoth rebuilding task that's required for next season.

GGTTH

:flag:

stoneyburn hibs
06-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Steady.

So you think we would be better off with a player who i admit has more technical ability but could not give a toss , rather than a player who has been running through brick walls for us ?

Steve20
06-06-2012, 06:58 AM
So you think we would be better off with a player who i admit has more technical ability but could not give a toss , rather than a player who has been running through brick walls for us ?

Bamba is a better player than McPake. I want to see the best players at Hibs.

R'Albin
06-06-2012, 07:02 AM
James McPake played better in his time at Hibs than Sol Bamba did IMO.

frazeHFC
06-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Imagine a McPake Bamba partnership! McPake was better though.

Elephant Stone
06-06-2012, 07:28 AM

He could give a toss, he just had ambition to make a step up, like all of our best players did. I'm not trying to talk down McPake, I just thought that saying "I'd take McPake over Bamba anyday" Sounds a wee bit silly. Big Bamba fan you see.

PeterboroHibee
06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
I liked Bamba, he had plenty of ability and when he played in midfield, he was immense. His attitude was stinking though (which impacted on his concentration), especially after being away with some of the big names of Ivory Coast, and you could tell he was a bit hacked off at coming back to the club. I remember when we got beat 5-1 at St. Johnstone, him strutting around the pitch like he was above it all, before getting ripped to pieces by whoever they had upfront at the time.

Mango Man
06-06-2012, 11:19 AM
was it not the start of this horrific run we've been on when Bamba went to the Africa CON a couple of years ago? I'm sure he played in the Rangers game just before it and we got papped 3-0, since then we have been horrible.

Winston Ingram
06-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Bamba maybe had more in his locker but he never performed to the level that McPake did.

I wonder if Dunfermline will be entitled to any part of the sell-on?

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Bamba maybe had more in his locker but he never performed to the level that McPake did.

Bamba had far too many lapses of concentration for my liking, looked like his mind was elsewhere most of the time....McPake does not tend to have these moments, 100% committed to the cause, throwing himself at everything (no nonsense centre half who does what it says on the tin).....

Jim44
06-06-2012, 12:32 PM

I would be surprised if Dunfermline's sell-on clause extended beyond us.

Iceman1875
06-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Mcpake over Bamba and every centre half since sauzee for that matter.

Andy74
06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
was it not the start of this horrific run we've been on when Bamba went to the Africa CON a couple of years ago? I'm sure he played in the Rangers game just before it and we got papped 3-0, since then we have been horrible.

Up to him going we had the best defensive record for decades.

We still did okay up until about February. I think Bamba going then mucking about and coming back in had something to do with it but we also lost Stack, McBride and Zemmama who were key players as well as knocking the East down which I think played a part in the atmposphere changing for our homes games after that.

The pich was also absolutely honking and we didn't have players that could give us a plan B at that stage.

Still, our horrendous home record at that stage extended to the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Dundee Utd - it got more worrying than that as it went on.

Lungo--Drom
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Heh heh, having a wee laugh to maself now remembering all that carry on, had totally forgotten how Sol went AWOL. Still got my 'BAMBA' Cote D'Ivoire top in the wardrobe.

Thanks for the memory jog Foghorn, I'd forgotten all about that. Still liked the big fella and also he did a lot of good works on his days away from ER.

Yip the same Bamba who went AWOL when his teammates were in Holland on pre-season, and left his manager and teammates raging....

Evening News reported last week that the figure would be nearer £80k, still not bad if indeed that is the case

Winston Ingram
06-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I would be surprised if Dunfermline's sell-on clause extended beyond us.

They were entitled to a % of the fee we received. This is part of our fee

1875STEVE
06-06-2012, 08:51 PM
They were entitled to a % of the fee we received. This is part of our fee

And only for the first 12 months of his Hibs deal.

They didn't get a penny from us.

Jim44
06-06-2012, 11:44 PM
And only for the first 12 months of his Hibs deal.

They didn't get a penny from us.

And they don't get anything from his move to Turkey.

erin go bragh
07-06-2012, 09:23 PM
The way you've broken it down is rather clearer to be fair. At 1st glance, the original quoted post does seem to be saying that 20% of £1 million is £150k, which is Yamonomics at its very best.

Either way, a decent bit of wonga if it goes ahead that should be given directly to Paddy Fenlon's war chest.
Accountant folk ken whats going on :cb
ggtth

lyonhibs
08-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Accountment folk ken whats going on :cb
ggtth

Spelling folk also ken whits gaun oan :cb:greengrin

erin go bragh
08-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Spelling folk also ken whits gaun oan :cb:greengrin
:greengrin in the papers the day we will get 15% ,just under 100 grand .
Am a numbers man .lol

ggtth

Jonnyboy
09-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Up to him going we had the best defensive record for decades.

We still did okay up until about February. I think Bamba going then mucking about and coming back in had something to do with it but we also lost Stack, McBride and Zemmama who were key players as well as knocking the East down which I think played a part in the atmposphere changing for our homes games after that.

The pich was also absolutely honking and we didn't have players that could give us a plan B at that stage.

Still, our horrendous home record at that stage extended to the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Dundee Utd - it got more worrying than that as it went on.

Careful, others have been punished for saying that :wink:

alfieboi75
18-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Confirmed...now how much of the fee shall be coming to Hibs.....loadsofmoney!!!!

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 07:05 PM
What horrible footballer Sol Bamba is.

I'm glad we are cashing in on him but I'll never forget how heet us down.

Billy big time.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=Littlest Hobo;3267268]What horrible footballer Sol Bamba is.

I know what you mean, i'd rather have players who cant play but are Hibs through and through.

CallumLaidlaw
18-06-2012, 08:00 PM
It would be such a shame to have a player with ability in the team eh. Would LOVE to have Sol in our team these days. Especially in midfield

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=Littlest Hobo;3267268]What horrible footballer Sol Bamba is.

I know what you mean, i'd rather have players who cant play but are Hibs through and through.

Never said he wasn't a decent player but he let is down.

I don't forgive or forget as easily as some Hibs supporters.

We qualified for Europe and he goes and takes an extended holiday looking to engineer a move away.

Meanwhile we get our arse skelpt from Maribor.

All very disappointing.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3267271]

Never said he wasn't a decent player but he let is down.

I don't forgive or forget as easily as some Hibs supporters.

We qualified for Europe and he goes and takes an extended holiday looking to engineer a move away.

Meanwhile we get our arse skelpt from Maribor.

All very disappointing.

I know it was, no chance of getting any more disappointing european jaunts with all these model professionals we employ these days.

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 08:09 PM
It would be such a shame to have a player with ability in the team eh. Would LOVE to have Sol in our team these days. Especially in midfield

He was decent for us but where was he against Maribor?

Billy big time was away trying to engineer a move away while letting the fans, the club and his team mates down.
Some folk have short memories.

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=Littlest Hobo;3267326]

I know it was, no chance of getting any more disappointing european jaunts with all these model professionals we employ these days.

True but give PF a chance and you never know he might just surprise everyone?

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Billy big time was away trying to engineer a move away while letting the fans, the club and his team mates down.

I agree, we need more Billy wee time players, the more players we have who are happy at easter road, and we will be the biggest team they will ever play for the better.

CallumLaidlaw
18-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Sometimes it's not about the morale high ground. City fans have accepted Tevez back, cos he makes their team better. Bamba or O'Hanlon? No choice for me

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Sometimes it's not about the morale high ground. City fans have accepted Tevez back, cos he makes their team better. Bamba or O'Hanlon? No choice for me

Bamba is by far the better player, my point is that he can't be trusted.

There is no I in T E A M.

Wouldn't have happened years ago at Man United with Roy Keane or with Liverpool and Souness.

As for Tevez, he's a rat. The worst kind of rat.

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I agree, we need more Billy wee time players, the more players we have who are happy at easter road, and we will be the biggest team they will ever play for the better.

Behave yerself!

Nout wrong with wanting to better yourself and move onto bigger and better things, it's the way he went about it that left a bad taste.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Bamba is by far the better player, my point is that he can't be trusted.

There is no I in T E A M.

Wouldn't have happened years ago at Man United with Roy Keane or with Liverpool and Souness.

As for Tevez, he's a rat. The worst kind of rat.

I'd have a team of 11 Harold Shipmans if we could get 4th place, give me a bad boy who cant be trusted but can play, over a nice lad who's pish.

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 08:38 PM
I'd have a team of 11 Harold Shipmans if we could get 4th place, give me a bad boy who cant be trusted but can play, over a nice lad who's pish.

At least Harold Shipman would turn up for the big European game that the players worked so hard for.

He's a rat, you have no argument.

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 08:40 PM
At least Harold Shipman would turn up for the big European game that the players worked so hard for.

He's a rat, you have no argument.

He's as good a centre half that i have seen at easter road in 45 years, rat or not.

Littlest Hobo
18-06-2012, 09:23 PM
He's as good a centre half that i have seen at easter road in 45 years, rat or not.

Can't argue with that but I have certain standards and morals I live by.

It's not about winning at any cost for me, I want the players I pay to watch to respect the club I love, to respect the supporters and their fellow players.

That poor excuse for a player let us all down, I can never forgive that lack of respect.
If he done this in some other countries in Europe, he'd have been lynched from the supporters.
You go right ahead and kiss his arse though.

CallumLaidlaw
18-06-2012, 09:36 PM
I think the modern footballer had no loyalty tho. Ideally, we find a full team of talented players that want to die for the jersey. Won't happen these days tho. So we either go for a team of average hibs fans, or talented players that will use us as a stepping stone. Funny,
Kevin thomson falls into both categories

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Can't argue with that but I have certain standards and morals I live by.

It's not about winning at any cost for me, I want the players I pay to watch to respect the club I love, to respect the supporters and their fellow players.

That poor excuse for a player let us all down, I can never forgive that lack of respect.
If he done this in some other countries in Europe, he'd have been lynched from the supporters.
You go right ahead and kiss his arse though.

I'd lick his erse if he came back and helped get us 4th place again, rather than watch fantastic humans who kiss the badge. I remember when 4th was judged to be poor.

CropleyWasGod
18-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I'd lick his erse if he came back and helped get us 4th place again, rather than watch fantastic humans who kiss the badge. I remember when 4th was judged to be poor.

I also remember a bath of beans.

Careful what you wish for :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 09:43 PM
I also remember a bath of beans.

Careful what you wish for :wink:

:greengrin

3pm
18-06-2012, 09:52 PM

Whoever actually said 4th was 'poor'?!

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Whoever actually said 4th was 'poor'?!

You are joking right? It was not good enough, we'd struggled to make 4th, the team had crawled over the line. People were NOT happy we had finished 4th.

3pm
18-06-2012, 10:03 PM
You are joking right? It was not good enough, we'd struggled to make 4th, the team had crawled over the line. People were NOT happy we had finished 4th.

So Bamba actually never 'helped'us finish 4th? He played a role in us losing 3rd?!

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 10:40 PM
So Bamba actually never 'helped'us finish 4th? He played a role in us losing 3rd?!

Aye thats right, there were plenty on here telling us just how bad we were, they know who they are. Personally 4th place is fantastic in my opinion, its about where i think we should be every season there or there abouts.

Yet now we are floundering at the bottom, and flirting with relegation, how i wish we could get back to the heights of 4th place, something we rarely do.

3pm
19-06-2012, 06:25 AM
I think the majority would be pleased with 4th each year, I do agree with that.

However, my memory of what you are saying is slighly diffefent. 4th was a frustration because we had been 2nd and 3rd for so long in the season.

We were down to 5th on the final day and got a good result at United mainly down to them playing a weakened side although we can't be sure we wouldn't have won against a full team.

As high as we were, I'd also question the quality of the performances - we were fortunate on more than one occasion to win a couple of games.

There's also the standard of the SPL. How did we implode in such a ***** league?

It had a very different feel to 4th under Mowbray for example, even when we weren't as good as the year before.

History will show 4th was a good result but I'd say people were disapoointed based on what we should have achieved rather than 4th not specifically being good enough.

blackpoolhibs
19-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I think the majority would be pleased with 4th each year, I do agree with that.

However, my memory of what you are saying is slighly diffefent. 4th was a frustration because we had been 2nd and 3rd for so long in the season.

We were down to 5th on the final day and got a good result at United mainly down to them playing a weakened side although we can't be sure we wouldn't have won against a full team.

As high as we were, I'd also question the quality of the performances - we were fortunate on more than one occasion to win a couple of games.

There's also the standard of the SPL. How did we implode in such a ***** league?

It had a very different feel to 4th under Mowbray for example, even when we weren't as good as the year before.

History will show 4th was a good result but I'd say people were disapoointed based on what we should have achieved rather than 4th not specifically being good enough.

You can talk up that season, or you can talk it down. I judge it over the whole season, and would love to see us fighting for 2nd 3rd or 4th every season.

We seem to have quite a lot of fans who think we are a lot better than we actually are. We get delusions of grandeur when sitting 2nd 3rd or 4th, instead of being happy and satisfied we have punched our weight, we moan about how we should have done better?

I enjoyed that season, all the ups and downs. I think we had 3 or 4 very good players who were billy big baws, but those were the players that delivered most weeks. Now we are hyper ventilating about Lewis Stevenson. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
19-06-2012, 08:53 AM
£75k headed Hibs way according to the font of all football knowledge, The Metro.

15% of Leicesters profit.

Andy74
19-06-2012, 08:56 AM
£75k headed Hibs way according to the font of all football knowledge, The Metro.

15% of Leicesters profit.

Just make the cheque out to Coventry FC. Thanks.