PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Crab apple
04-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Without coming across as being too James Bondish or Celtic paranoiac, I sent a 'dossier' to the club about Craig Thomson's performances against us over recent seasons. Reply below.

Dear CA

Thank you for your email. Your points are noted and certainly some of the sentiment is shared by the Club.

We have collated supporter feedback to add to our own regarding the refereeing of the Cup Final and other games and will take that forward to the appropriate bodies. As ever, we will do this professionally and via the correct channels, and rest assured we will always take on those who are against Hibernian. On any issue facing the Club or the wider game in Scotland. There are many challenges facing us at the moment.

Thanks again for writing in and Ihope you appreciate that I cannot be as expansive by way of reply. Yourfeedback is appreciated.

All the best

Fife
Hibernian FC

Wotherspiniesta
04-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Quite right.

It's about time we, as a club, started standing up for ourselves a bit more. Although he can't be held fully responsible for our cup final collapse, the game could have been a whole lot different if it had a less corrupt referee in charge.

bingo70
04-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I understand why the club do it quietly and professionally but I think there's an argument to take the whole thing public with Thomson.

I said before the final he wasn't biased just pish....I was wrong, to not send black off and then give them that penalty was the actions of a cheat and everyone should be made aware of what he's really all about.

bawheid
04-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Hmmm. Not sure the professional approach and doing things via the correct channels is working.

The club put in a protest to the SFA about the cup final appointment prior to the match and it was ignored.

The club needs to be seen to stand up for itself. The appointment of Thomson and his subsequent performance was an utter disgrace, and Hibs should be saying so publicly IMO.

Elephant Stone
04-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Can't be arsed with this at all. Thomson had a bad final, the players wearing Hibs strips were an absolute disgrace and had been all season. The only people who are "against Hibs" are the ***te players we've had the misfortune of watching recently. All efforts need to be focused on making sure this doesn't happen again instead of trying to pretend there's been any agenda against us which is fanciful, embarrassing and a complete waste of time.

Jonnyboy
04-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Can't be arsed with this at all. Thomson had a bad final, the players wearing Hibs strips were an absolute disgrace and had been all season. The only people who are "against Hibs" are the ***te players we've had the misfortune of watching recently. All efforts need to be focused on making sure this doesn't happen again instead of trying to pretend there's been any agenda against us which is fanciful, embarrassing and a complete waste of time.

Nobody will disagree with you that the players were to blame for us losing the cup final BUT the animosity towards Thomson is not just about how he handled that game. There's a catalogue of situations building up where his incompetence has cost us dear. Should we just accept that or should we complain?

Del Boy
04-06-2012, 09:35 PM

Agree totally. Ref was poor, we were much much worse.

Wotherspiniesta
04-06-2012, 09:36 PM

So what was your take on the Black elbow to Griffiths?

Do you reckon the penalty was inside the box?

Do you think Kujabi's foul on Suso was any worse than Skacel's foul on Stevenson?

The first two are major turning points in the game. Major decisions that have gone against Hibs.

Thomson is a cheat, plain and simple. If that makes me sound fanciful or embarassing then so be it. That's how it is though.

Jonnyboy
04-06-2012, 09:37 PM

You're missing the point

Wotherspiniesta
04-06-2012, 09:38 PM

Do you hear anybody saying we should have won the game? This isn't about the players. Pick a thread, there's plenty player bashing somewhere to be had on the board. This is a discussion about the bias of the referee.

hibsbollah
04-06-2012, 09:40 PM
The fixture i'm most eagerly awaiting.this season is Thomsons first one at ER. 'twill be a good one :agree:

Niffy
We have been terrible all season no need to blame anyone else, refs included , except the Hibs team.

Some incidents may well have gone against us, but Hearts would still have won that game easily.

Del Boy
Ok, but still don't think we have grounds for complaint. I think he is a poor ref, but I do not think he is a cheat.

Jonnyboy
04-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Ok, but still don't think we have grounds for complaint. I think he is a poor ref, but I do not think he is a cheat.

Yet the SFA think he's our best and he's off to the Euro's

The 'errors' in the final were disgusting and fundamentally affected the game

Jonnyboy
04-06-2012, 09:43 PM
We have been terrible all season no need to blame anyone else, refs included , except the Hibs team.

Some incidents may well have gone against us, but Hearts would still have won that game easily.

No disagreement here niffy BUT just because we were ******* it doesn't mean we should ignore decisions that fundamentally affected games we were in

Golden Bear
04-06-2012, 09:44 PM

It's happened all too often for him NOT to be a cheat.

BEEJ
04-06-2012, 09:44 PM
The fixture i'm most eagerly awaiting.this season is Thomsons first one at ER. 'twill be a good one :agree:
Personally I hope it never happens.

I'd much prefer that we had an evens chance of securing three ponts at each of our home games next season.

gegs70
04-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Yes Thomdon did make a lot of decisions that were more than questionable!

However we were not at the races, quite a few neutrals came up and told me how one sided the final was. We had no fight nor passion. We gave it away .... We cant keep blaming others for the problems we have had for a few seasons. We cannot afford the calibre of player we want but on the other cannot seem to produce any youngsters that can make it in the first team. Maybe like the riordans , browns etc they just need more time and better players to play with to improve??

Hibrandenburg
04-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Yet the SFA think he's our best and he's off to the Euro's

The 'errors' in the final were disgusting and fundamentally affected the game

Agree. The "ERRORS" were grave. No denying that Hearts were the better team, but the best team doesn't always win. Thompson made sure that they did.

hibsbollah
Personally I hope it never happens.

I'd much prefer that we had an evens chance of securing three ponts at each of our home games next season.

I think expecting him NEVER to ref us again is slightly fanciful :greengrin

Pete

I'm not sure hearts would have won that game easily at all.

If they were down to ten men then we might have won it easily.

If a free kick was given and kujabi shown his first yellow we might have continued to get back into the game, which we had been doing since we scored. Hearts were rocking at the end of the first half.

I'm sorry but we were cheated!

Bostonhibby

:agree: Am aiming to travel up for it, just for the occasion.:greengrin

Elephant Stone
04-06-2012, 09:48 PM
. Should we just accept that or should we complain?

Pretty much every team in the word will have a ref or a number of refs they can say these things about. Maybe he does have it in for us, maybe he doesn't. We lost the final because of the players and the tactics, we lost the season because of the players and the tactics. Complaining about refereeing will change absolutely nothing in terms of how successful we'll be in the future or even in terms of refereeing. It sends out the wrong message. Everyone associated with the club- players, management, board- need to acknowledge that they were a complete failure last season, complaining about other people compromises this realisation and is a waste of time. We need to be looking inwards at the moment and nowhere else to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Jonnyboy
04-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Pretty much every team in the word will have a ref or a number of refs they can say these things about. Maybe he does have it in for us, maybe he doesn't. We lost the final because of the players and the tactics, we lost the season because of the players and the tactics. Complaining about refereeing will change absolutely nothing in terms of how successful we'll be in the future or even in terms of refereeing. It sends out the wrong message. Everyone associated with the club- players, management, board- need to acknowledge that they were a complete failure last season, complaining about other people compromises this realisation and is a waste of time. We need to be looking inwards at the moment and nowhere else to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Again, I am not disputing we were pish last season but that doesn't stop me from acknowledging that CT cost us on more than one occasion.

The Green Goblin
04-06-2012, 09:50 PM
I thought that was a decent response from the club and it sounds like they are doing something about it. I am glad to hear that. Of course, we would be mad to think the SFA would actually do anything about it. Nevertheless, it will be unwanted pressure and attention for him.

Speaking of which....what games is he reffing at the Euros? Here's hoping he has as bad a stinker there and suffers utter ridicule and humiliation in front of a world tv audience. My fingers are firmly crossed...

BEEJ
04-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes Thomdon did make a lot of decisions that were more than questionable!

However we were not at the races, quite a few neutrals came up and told me how one sided the final was. We had no fight nor passion. We gave it away .... We cant keep blaming others for the problems we have had for a few seasons. We cannot afford the calibre of player we want but on the other cannot seem to produce any youngsters that can make it in the first team. Maybe like the riordans , browns etc they just need more time and better players to play with to improve??
Clearly we were crap in the first half and fortunate to go in at the interval just a goal down.

But we'll never know whether the second half might have been different thanks to one of those glaring errors of Thomson's. Even if we had lost, it wouldn't have been by a four goal margin.

The Green Goblin
04-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Clearly we were crap in the first half and fortunate to go in at the interval just a goal down.

But we'll never know whether the second half might have been different thanks to one of those glaring errors of Thomson's. Even if we had lost, it wouldn't have been by a four goal margin.

I think you are being generous to call them "errors". It was as good an example of bias/cheating as I have ever seen.

Jonnyboy
04-06-2012, 09:52 PM

Even the first half might have been different if he'd shown Black the red he deserved for his assault on Griffiths

Elephant Stone
04-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Again, I am not disputing we were pish last season but that doesn't stop me from acknowledging that CT cost us on more than one occasion.

He'll have cost loads of teams on loads of occasions, he's a ref, it's what they do. He didn't cost us the final, Hibs did. We need to be asking questions of ourselves alone to make sure that we're ready to move forward.

BEEJ
Your missing the point - big time. :wink:

It is possible to focus on two issues at the one time, rather than by focussing on one being in denial of the other.

gegs70

Agree...

Jonnyboy
04-06-2012, 09:54 PM
He'll have cost loads of teams on loads of occasions, he's a ref, it's what they do. He didn't cost us the final, Hibs did. We need to be asking questions of ourselves alone to make sure that we're ready to move forward.

Jeezo - forget the performance from Hibs in the final. We were pish - end of BUT that doesn't mean we should ignore Thomson's performance

BEEJ
04-06-2012, 09:56 PM
I think you are being generous to call them "errors". It was as good an example of bias/cheating as I have ever seen.
:agree: I'm trying to be as generous as possible. (It's not easy where that clown is concerned.)

Even the first half might have been different if he'd shown Black the red he deserved for his assault on Griffiths
:agree: Indeed.

Play that challenge in reverse and imagine what the outcome would have been if Griffiths had elbowed Black like that. A wee word in his ear? No chance!

Pretty Boy
04-06-2012, 09:59 PM
He's a cheat.

However if anyone really thinks Hibs presenting a complaint to the institutionally corrupt SFA will make any difference then more fool them.

Elephant Stone
04-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Your missing the point - big time. :wink:

It is possible to focus on two issues at the one time, rather than by focussing on one being in denial of the other.

I'm not saying they're in denial of their ****ness if they complain about the ref, I'm saying it compromises their message they send to the fans, players, management and maybe even compromises their own ability to accept that last season was an unmitigated disaster. If they lay blame at a third party this does take some blame away from the team, management and themselves. They need to understand that it was Hibs alone that ruined Hibs' season, and this needs to be inherent in absolutely everything they do so that they can guarantee that it doesn't happen again.

Barney McGrew

Off the top of my head this season alone we've had Sproule's 'penalty' he gave away at Aberdeen that cost us the game, Griffiths booking for diving against Killie at ER in April that kept him out the crucial Dunfermline game, the SC Final decisions, the list goes on.

It's funny how he always only seems to have his poor games when he's reffing us though.

Crab apple

I'm not going to disagree with you about the player performances this season but the least any team can expect is a fair crack of the whip from referees. We didn't get this from Thomson in the final and we haven't got this from him over a number of seasons. You may find it embarrassing but I hope that the more noise that we create around this issue will prevent it happening in the future.

BEEJ
04-06-2012, 10:09 PM
He's a cheat.

However if anyone really thinks Hibs presenting a complaint to the institutionally corrupt SFA will make any difference then more fool them.
If the evidence is good enough, take the matter beyond the SFA to UEFA.

I'm not saying they they're in denial of their ****ness if they complain about the ref, I'm saying it compromises their message they send to the fans, players, management and maybe even compromises their own ability to accept that last season was an unmitigated disaster. If they lay blame at a third party this does take some blame away from the team, management and themselves. They need to understand that it was Hibs alone that ruined Hibs' season, and this needs to be inherent in absolutely everything they do so that they can guarantee that it doesn't happen again.
Regardless of how crap your side has been over the course of a season, if there is sufficient evidence that a particular official by his lack of impartiality, will continue to cost your side valuable league points if his performances are allowed to continue unchallenged, then to do nothing would be utter folly.

Accept that grass-root changes need to be made throughout the squad, the coaching team, the scouting network, senior management etc etc and get on with making those changes so that we don't repeat the travesty of a season that was 2011/12.

But at the same time take steps to make it clear that the club will not accept that its matches be overseen in future by an individual with such an apparently consistent bias in favour of the opposition.

snooky
04-06-2012, 10:15 PM
I thought that was a decent response from the club and it sounds like they are doing something about it. I am glad to hear that. Of course, we would be mad to think the SFA would actually do anything about it. Nevertheless, it will be unwanted pressure and attention for him.

Speaking of which....what games is he reffing at the Euros? Here's hoping he has as bad a stinker there and suffers utter ridicule and humiliation in front of a world tv audience. My fingers are firmly crossed...

Actually I kinda hope he has a great game so it shows up what a cheat he is with us. If he (as I think he will) has a howler then the bias will be whitewashed as incompetence.

The club are generally quite (small 'c') conservative re. these kind of matters.
The fact that they have acknowledged that they have similar concerns gives credence to the claim that this certain SFA official definitely has some kind of an agenda.

Capt Mainwaring
04-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Spot on. Complaining about Thomson and any other Referee is superficial clap trap.

Hibs lost the final and finished 11th in the league because the team were full of gutless, journeymen - a tragic result of at least the last two Managers being appointed with no clue whatsoever on what it takes to build a professional, hard working and effective team.

It's not an easy pill to swallow but the sad reality is that we have been s**** for the last 3 years and no amount of buck passing and blaming of referees can disguise that.

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Spot on. Complaining about Thomson and any other Referee is superficial clap trap.

Hibs lost the final and finished 11th in the league because the team were full of gutless, journeymen - a tragic result of at least the last two Managers being appointed with no glue whatsoever on what it takes to build a professional, hard working and effective team.

It's not an easy pill to swallow but the sad reality is that we have been s**** for the last 3 years and no amount of buck passing and blaming of referees can disguise that.

I agree, we'd never make it stick. :greengrin

allezsauzee
04-06-2012, 10:22 PM

Hibs lost the final and finished 11th in the league because the team were full of gutless, journeymen - a tragic result of at least the last two Managers being appointed with no glue whatsoever on what it takes to build a professional, hard working and effective team.

So it's ok for Thomson to be a cheat because our team is ******? :rolleyes:

Crab apple
04-06-2012, 10:26 PM

Yep, Let's do nothing until we draw them again in two or three years time in the cup. Let's look at when we were managed by Mixu. See link from 11th January 2009.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10290~46858,00.html

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Most of the refs had an agenda against Hibs last season - seemed to stem from after O'Connor dived against St Johnstone.

I'm sure we topped the disciplinary league as well despite having the softest team that I've ever saw!

Thomson though is incompetent and arguably biased. We've had too many bad decisions from this ref that rule out simple inconsistencies in his performance when he refs our games.

As someone has already pointed out he's never given us a 'controversial' decision in our favor.

It's worth keeping close tabs on his decisions next season. If he's not biased then he's due us some big decisions to even all this out.

We'll see how this pans out but i think it will be the same old from this clown.

snooky
04-06-2012, 10:40 PM

Regardless of how crap your side has been over the course of a season, if there is sufficient evidence that a particular official by his lack of impartiality, will continue to cost your side valuable league points if his performances are allowed to continue unchallenged, then to do nothing would be utter folly.

Accept that grass-root changes need to be made throughout the squad, the coaching team, the scouting network, senior management etc etc and get on with making those changes so that we don't repeat the travesty of a season that was 2011/12.

But at the same time take steps to make it clear that the club will not accept that its matches be overseen in future by an individual with such an apparently consistent bias in favour of the opposition.

Eloquently put, Beej :top marks

ehf
04-06-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm not saying they're in denial of their ****ness if they complain about the ref, I'm saying it compromises their message they send to the fans, players, management and maybe even compromises their own ability to accept that last season was an unmitigated disaster. If they lay blame at a third party this does take some blame away from the team, management and themselves. They need to understand that it was Hibs alone that ruined Hibs' season, and this needs to be inherent in absolutely everything they do so that they can guarantee that it doesn't happen again.

See where you're coming from mate, but there were six or seven big decisions in the Final that all went against us: and you could not plead human error for any of them. At best, it was inconsistency, but with the two Black challenges and the penalty it was blatant, corrupt cheating. We were lucky not to go in 3-0 down at half-time, but we were in the ascendancy and the next goal was vital. Thomson knew that and gave it to them. I have no great affection for many of those who wore the famous colours that day, but Thomson deprived them of their right to fight back in that second half. And he spoilt the greatest occasion I have witnessed in 40 years of watching Hibs. The acid test is to look at each of these decisions in reverse: if Griffiths had been Black he would have been sent off in the first minute. If he had been Suso he would have been booked for diving. Make no mistake, it has been a bad few seasons but Craig Thomson is an utter, vile, loathsome cheat.

bob12345
04-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Forget costing us the final. Forget 'agendas', I laugh regularly at Celtic fans saying everyone is out to get them. Thomson is consistently making big mistakes, you could ask. Any club in the league. Why, when demotion is so simple, is he constantly given the biggest matches at home and abroad? I personally think they were trying to create a WWebb/Collina type figure but chose the wrong man.

hibee62
04-06-2012, 11:53 PM
I do believe Thomson was cheating in the final. I also believe we would have lost anyway.

But, can anyone tell me why no retrospective action was taken against Black and Suso by the compliance officer?

It will grate on me for some time yet that Thomson has been rewarded for his utterly crap performances this season with the showpiece final and a place at Euro 2012, never mind his performance in the final!

RosscoHMFC
04-06-2012, 11:55 PM
You can add Thomsons failure to deal with Griffiths push on Black to the list of failures. He sent Obua off for less last season :wink:

The Green Goblin
05-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Posted this at 5 to 1 too. Remarkable.

You must lead a truly remarkable life if things like that give you your jollies.

Hibs7
05-06-2012, 12:37 AM
You can add Thomsons failure to deal with Griffiths push on Black to the list of failures. He sent Obua off for less last season :wink:

Oh dear is that the best you can come up with.

1875godsgift
05-06-2012, 12:51 AM

Posted this at 5 to 1 too. Remarkable.

Black should have been off the park by that point, yellow or straight red for his assault on Leigh.

It's a bit pathetic that you have to cheat to win though, can't you emulate the success of your ibrox brethren without the help of a 12th man?

Oops, completely forgot, they're complete cheating ****bags that could never win on a fair playing field either.

Pete
05-06-2012, 12:54 AM

Tainted cup win.

Purple & Green
05-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Pretty much every team in the word will have a ref or a number of refs they can say these things about.

Have a look at the stats, and you'll see that no other SPL team has a problem with any other ref similar to what we have with Thomson.

I'm not a paranoid conspiracy theorist - what tweaks my interest is that his stats are utterly implausible.

Sudds_1
05-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Nobody will disagree with you that the players were to blame for us losing the cup final BUT the animosity towards Thomson is not just about how he handled that game. There's a catalogue of situations building up where his incompetence has cost us dear. Should we just accept that or should we complain?

We complain, and provide the evidence for that complaint. That's all we can do. While the players themselves taken the lions share of blame, Thomson was wholly biased and the club needs to make sure we voice that concern. Who knows, it may help us next season......

..but we shouldn't expect a public condemnation of Thomson by the powers that be...I suspect what we will see is a quiet reaction. In other words, Thomson will mysteriously not be handed any Hibs games next season.

Too late to affect anything significant though...but if it happens means we've made a point at least?

hibsbollah
05-06-2012, 07:07 AM
... does the yams bete noir Dougie Macdonald get any of their games anymore?

calumhibee1
05-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Thomsons performance in the final was a joke. Yes, we didn't deserve anything from the game and hearts were streets ahead of us, so in that respect I've no complaints about the result. However, it's not always the team that deserves to win, especially in cup finals, that does win. You only have to look at the champions league final later that night to see that. At 2-1 we were still in the game. We should have been looking to keep it tight, and as the half went on looked to snatch a goal. Craig Thomsons shocking decision for the penalty so soon after half tome stopped us having any chance of getting a result that we didn't deserve, which plenty teams have managed to do in the past in cup finals. And that's only one decision, never mind the others.

son of haggart
05-06-2012, 07:29 AM
... does the yams bete noir Dougie Macdonald get any of their games anymore?

He quit as a grade 1 referee in November 2010 - Ian Brines has an even worse record in our games, though McDonald's decisions were more bizarre (or suspicious depending on your paranoia levels)

Viva_Palmeiras
05-06-2012, 07:44 AM

I must have been the only one that thought we had a glimmer of hope after the goal - although judging at the reaction of the yams they had a wobbly moment.

Isn't chasing lost causes a huge part of football - coming back from adversity.
We'll never know if it was on cos a bit chunk of hope was killed with a key decision.

Perversely I'd feel more pain from the result had the game been allowed to "run it's course" and it turned out with that scoreline.

Que será será.

And I won't particularly enjoy Thomsons next game which will undoubtedly be a Cat A game and possibly against the yams to reassert the SFAs influence

EskbankHibby
05-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Thomsons performance in the final was a joke. Yes, we didn't deserve anything from the game and hearts were streets ahead of us, so in that respect I've no complaints about the result. However, it's not always the team that deserves to win, especially in cup finals, that does win. You only have to look at the champions league final later that night to see that. At 2-1 we were still in the game. We should have been looking to keep it tight, and as the half went on looked to snatch a goal. Craig Thomsons shocking decision for the penalty so soon after half tome stopped us having any chance of getting a result that we didn't deserve, which plenty teams have managed to do in the past in cup finals. And that's only one decision, never mind the others.

Pretty much my feelings on it. Not a game changer but a decision that made sure the game would not be changed.

They were better than us and he was a cheat, you can have both in my opinion.

Yuillsy
05-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Off the top of my head this season alone we've had Sproule's 'penalty' he gave away at Aberdeen that cost us the game, Griffiths booking for diving against Killie at ER in April that kept him out the crucial Dunfermline game, the SC Final decisions, the list goes on.

It's funny how he always only seems to have his poor games when he's reffing us though.
You can add the 1st derby of last season when he only booked Stevenson for a shocking 2 footed challenge right in front of him then let Hamill's stamp on Murray go completely unpunished.
He then booked Griffiths for his 1st tackle when he'd only been on the park a couple of minutes.

Caversham Green
05-06-2012, 09:16 AM
It's worth comparing our reactions to the announcement of Thomson as cup final ref with those over on JKB. As far as I can see there's not a single dissenting voice over there while there seem to be very few that were happy with the appointment on here. That must tell you something.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235754-Ref-for-final-(Craig-Thomson)-merged

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/111460-craig-thomson/

nonshinyfinish
05-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Play that challenge in reverse and imagine what the outcome would have been if Griffiths had elbowed Black like that. A wee word in his ear? No chance!

I've played it in reverse and LG viciously and needlessly headbutts Black's elbow. Will that boy never learn? :grr:

snooky
05-06-2012, 09:30 AM
It's worth comparing our reactions to the announcement of Thomson as cup final ref with those over on JKB. As far as I can see there's not a single dissenting voice over there while there seem to be very few that were happy with the appointment on here. That must tell you something.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235754-Ref-for-final-(Craig-Thomson)-merged

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/111460-craig-thomson/

I refer to Jambo post no. 9 in the above link .....
"This and as a ref that is going to the Euros he won't be wanting any mistakes in his final game before that."
Shirley this adds weight to the cheating accusation - i.e. his dodgy calls were intentional and not mistakes?

Yet another wee gem for your dossier, Fyfe. :wink:

Update: Oops, sorry, "Fife"

Kenny1875
05-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I thought he was called 'Fyfe' not 'Fife'. I'm calling bull**** on this email.

Baader
05-06-2012, 09:32 AM
He's a cheat and his role in May's debacle should not be overlooked.

blackpoolhibs
05-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Pretty much my feelings on it. Not a game changer but a decision that made sure the game would not be changed.

They were better than us and he was a cheat, you can have both in my opinion.

:agree: He made sure we couldn't make a comeback, while doing his best to help them before the sending off too.

After the sending off, he could then relax and ref the game properly knowing his work was done.

Thompson = Cheat.

Caversham Green
05-06-2012, 09:35 AM

Nope, he's 'Fife'.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TheDirectors/0,,10290,00.html

Dr Jimmy
05-06-2012, 09:37 AM

That's my take on this, few too many typos!
Jambo radar on full alert!

Cropley10
05-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Agree. The "ERRORS" were grave. No denying that Hearts were the better team, but the best team doesn't always win. Thompson made sure that they did.

:top marks:

Within a matter of minutes at the start of the second half we're down 2 goals and a man short. Game over.

There isn't a single possible explanation as to why he gave a penalty. The offence occurred outside the box and Susan dived.

Every big decision went against us. Pure and simple.

Cropley10
05-06-2012, 09:41 AM
I do believe Thomson was cheating in the final. I also believe we would have lost anyway.

But, can anyone tell me why no retrospective action was taken against Black and Suso by the compliance officer?

It will grate on me for some time yet that Thomson has been rewarded for his utterly crap performances this season with the showpiece final and a place at Euro 2012, never mind his performance in the final!

Isn't the Compliance Officer an SF/PL thing? Not an SFA one?

Kenny1875
05-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Nope, he's 'Fife'.

Thought there was a chance I was wrong. Still, there's a few typos in there which makes me think it could still be fake. Would be happy if it was real though.

TrickyNicky
05-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Thought there was a chance I was wrong. Still, there's a few typos in there which makes me think it could still be fake. Would be happy if it was real though.

That's a big call!

Crabapple has been on Hibs.net since 2007, does that make him a " sleeping cell " ?

Dr Jimmy
05-06-2012, 09:44 AM
:agree: He made sure we couldn't make a comeback, while doing his best to help them before the sending off too.

After the sending off, he could then relax and ref the game properly knowing his work was done.

Thompson = Cheat.

We scored just before half time, they played a hell of a lot better than us in the first half, but our goal could have put them on the back foot. A quick start to the second half and it was game on.
Thomson unbelievable decision for the penalty ensured the game was over.

Next time he is at ER we need to chant from start to finish that he is a ****. That is all we will get, as the SFA will do nowt!

Jaz
05-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Without coming across as being too James Bondish or Celtic paranoiac, I sent a 'dossier' to the club about Craig Thomson's performances against us over recent seasons. Reply below.

Dear CA

Thank you for your email. Your points are noted and certainly some of the sentiment is shared by the Club.

We have collated supporter feedback to add to our own regarding the refereeing of the Cup Final and other games and will take that forward to the appropriate bodies. As ever, we will do this professionally and via the correct channels, and rest assured we will always take on those who are against Hibernian. On any issue facing the Club or the wider game in Scotland. There are many challenges facing us at the moment.

Thanks again for writing in and Ihope you appreciate that I cannot be as expansive by way of reply. Yourfeedback is appreciated.

All the best

Fife
Hibernian FC

Can we get a look at your dossier mate?

Sounds very interesting!!

Treadstone
05-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I'd like to see Pat Fenlon apply pressure before games that Thomson referees us in :

"I've told the players who the referee is and told them to not give him any opportunites"

"I hope the ref has a good game"

Pat Fenlon saying things like this would let Thomson know that particular weekend he is under the spotlight as his first press conference when Thomson is the ref this will surely be brought up.

hibsmad
05-06-2012, 09:52 AM
When discussing the referees performance comments such as "he was bad but we were worse" and "it doesn't matter we would have lost the game easily anyway" are frustrating to hear. First of all it doesn't matter how bad we were, the question is were we cheated?! Secondly, no one can say with any certainty that we would have definitely lost the game if Black had been punished or they hadn't been given the penalty. It was 2-1 when the pen was given for **** sake!!! We were bang in the game and Fenlon had just given his teamtalk which was hopefully going to make a difference. How many times since Fenlon has taken over have we played poorly for 45 mins and well for the other? Quite a few!

Anyway, the question is were we cheated and there is certainly enough evidence to suggest that we might have been. Do some people seriously think that we should just say oh well never mind and move on? I don't think that Hibs should be shouting anything from the rooftops but if the board feel they can make enough of a case to take it to the relevant bodies then that's what they should do.

BurghHibby
05-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I stated on an earlier thread that Thompson's appointment for the final was the SFA's response to Rod's "Sporting Integrity" comments, and still think that.

Also could Hibs be waiting until after the Euros before taking the matter further so as not to rock the SFA's boat before the Tournament?

Hopefully now that's there's a decent sized thread on this, the print media will pick up on the subject seeing as we all know they scour fan sites for news stories, especially during the close season when there's not much happening.

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Its a really tough one this. I think we do have cause to look sideways at some of Thomson's decisions in the final. But we were gubbed and given our first half performance ( apart from a good 5 minutes when we scored ) the chances are that we would have lost whatever the ref did or didnt do.

Coz of my position in the East stand it was impossible to tell at the penalty, apart from thinking at the time that Suso should have been stopped way before he ever got near the box.

But, looking at the replay of the incident a few days later I was dumbfounded that given his position on the field Thomson felt able to give a penalty for a foul that had clearly reached its conclusion way before the player 'fell' in the box. In fact about 2 yards outside of it.

Thomson's position was perfect at the incident and as an experienced grade 1 ref he should be well aware that you give the foul where its committed, not where the victim of it lands. Given the circumstances it does appear that he was keener to give the penalty than he was to give a correct decision and that is a worry.

The only other thing I can say, which was clear on the day itsself was that following a clearly bookable challenge by Black in an attempt to stop a Hibs breakaway the ref appeared to play advantage. The play eventually stopped a couple of minutes later which enabled the ref to get the trainer on to treat an injured Yam, but incredibly he did not even speak to Black, even though he had clearly seen the foul and was aware at that point that he had already sent a Hibs player off for a much less violent foul.

Both of these incidents were clearly major errors on the refs part, which in a major cup final is unforgivable.

The problem facing Hibs now is how to raise these matters with the SFA without it looking like sour grapes. Though I never heard anything about this prior to the game it has been mentioned on this thread that Hibs raised concerns about the ref with the SFA when he was given the final. If this is true it does strengthen our hand considerably.

If Hibs are going to take this further we have to do it with class and put our complaints as questions about the refs decisions using the TV evidence available to us, rather than in a Celtic type paranoid rant with little or no substance.

Crab apple
05-06-2012, 10:02 AM
That's a big call!

Crabapple has been on Hibs.net since 2007, does that make him a " sleeping cell " ?

I actually addressed the email to Rod Petrie at the standard board@ email address. It was most definitely FIFE that responded and good on him for doing so. I was pleasantly surprised at the content and it suggests to me that the board are concerned about Thomson. I'm just not sure how much we will hear about it if it is all done through the proper channels.

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2012, 10:06 AM

:agree: Just doesn't ring true.

harry-hibee
05-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Yeah it is well understood by all Hibs fans that we were pish in the cup final but i don't think that this is the point the OP was trying to make, it is the catalogue of mistakes that Thomson has made to the continued deteriment to our club. There a few that come to mind in the recent past, like the sending off debacle of Liam Miller at Rugby Park, the booking of Griffiths for diving against Killie at ER this season, but what concerns me most is the penalty at the cup final, the penalty at Aberdeen and the other incident which didn't involve us but every bit as shocking was in a Euro game Schalke v Twente, you can view it on youtube. Now all these penalty incidents are quite similar and happened within a couple of months of each other, this alone should alert the SFA to the poor performance of this ref and they should question if he is our top man, i for one will not be looking forward to the game he takes charge of in the Euro's and i am sure Dutch and German fans will be hoping they don't get him.

Crab apple
05-06-2012, 10:11 AM

Pretty pathetic really but here you go:

Crab apple
05-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Can we get a look at your dossier mate?

Sounds very interesting!!

Here you go with a couple of bits redacted from the original.

Dear Mr Petrie,

I speak on behalf of many Hibs fans in requesting that the club raise with the Scottish Footballl Association the apparent anti Hibs agenda displayed by Grade 1 referee Mr Craig Thomson.

Over a period of time Mr Thomsons decisions have impacted negatively on Hibs in terms of league points and as most recently evidenced, the opportunity to win silverware in cup competitions.

In relation to the Scottish Cup final versus Heart of Midlothian FC:

1. Why did the referee NOT penalise Ian Black for the horrendous elbow on Leigh Griffiths?

2. Why around the 15th minute when Suso Santana fouled Pa Su Kujabi was there no action taken (other than awarding a free kick) yet when the ball went back down the park a minute or so later and Kujabi fouled Santana he was yellow carded?

3. Why did the referee chose not to penalise Rudi Skacel for his tackle on Lewis Stevenson around the 20 minute mark. Skacel may have got the ball but he took the man with it?

4. Why did the referee award a penalty for Hearts when it was obvious to evryone that any infringement took place well without the box – as proved by TV evidence.

This is not the first time that Mr Thomson has been at the centre of controversy in games invovling Hibs. This season alone Mr Thomson awarded a penalty to Aberdeen at Pittodrie against Hibs which resulted in a 1-0 defeat. Again TV pictuires proved conclusively this should not have been awarded.

Every time Mr Thomson referees a Hibs game he makes major errors. The yellow card given to Leigh Griffiths for diving v Kilmarnock recently was either total incompetence or blatant cheating. The fact that his errors have all gone against Hibs in these games seems too much of a coincidence for me.

For a Grade 1 referee it's strange how he seems to save his best moments of incompetence to favour our opponents.

I have it on good authority that the players were frightened in the cup final to put in a challenge BECAUSE Mr Thomson was desperate to give anything he could to Hearts.

You will be aware that this is not the first time Mr Thomson has chosen to intervene decisively in the outcome of a Scottish cup match between Hibs and Hearts. In the tie on 11th January 2009 he sent Steven Fletcher off after 28 minutes for a tackle on Christopher Berra. A tackle which most observers felt barely merited a booking.

The last time Mr Thomson officiated at a Hampden cup game involving Hibs was in 2007 for the was the Scottish Cup semi final replay against Dunfermline. You will remember that the penalty given to Dunfermline in the last few minutes of the replay was widely seen as being a blatant dive. Contrast that with the failure to award Hibs a penalty for the blatant push on Dean Shiels.

Since 2005 Mr Thomson has given Hibs 47 yellow cards and 2 red cards. This is more than any other current SPL referee. We have never won a derby where he has been officiating.

I am also slightly baffled by the cup final programme in which in the Thomson interview he states he has experience of handling two derbies this season as well as a personal appreciation of the Edinburgh derbies.

It genuinely feels as though he has a vendetta against Hibs.

Hibs should request that he does not referee any more of our games. His selection for the Cup Final was a total joke and many predicted he would favour Hearts.

This was a huge mistake on the biggest stage, in one of the biggest games in Scottish Cup history.. No one else on here would get away with making mistakes of that size and scale at there work without some form of action.

I want to see Hibs wield some influence in the SFA to have Mr Thomson’s performances against Hibs investigated.

I would very much appreciate if you would consider the points made in my letter and let me know your thoughts.

BEEJ
05-06-2012, 10:49 AM

That's my take on this, few too many typos!
Jambo radar on full alert!

Well last week I sent a very similar email to the Hibs Board seeking reassurance from the club that they wouldn't simply accept this referee's performances with a resigned shrug.

I received from Fife Hyland much the same response that the OP did and I indicated as such at the time on the Private Members Board. So this is genuine.

Purple & Green
05-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Good effort Crab - glad to see someone has taken the time to put the comments together.

You could also add in that in the last two seasons, he's awarded 6 penalties against Hibs, 0 for. I don't have the stats for yellies last season to hand, but they run at roughly twice as many Hibs players booked as opposition, which is completely out of sync with his own normal stats and also every other referee.

It stinks.

TornadoHibby
05-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I've played it in reverse and LG viciously and needlessly headbutts Black's elbow. Will that boy never learn? :grr:

Wasting your time mate!

I've spoken to a few Jambos about the Black assault on Griffiths and they all seem to have seen the incident entirely differently to how we Hibs fans have despite the TV evidence, especially in slow motion, being compelling for the award of a red card to Black!

I made those points to one Jambo who said the ref was close enough to the Black/Griffiths first ten minutes incident to "get the decision spot on correct", and then spoke about the penalty "that never should have been" noting that the ref was even closer to that one yet got it totally wrong with Suso entitled to a yellow for "simulation" having clicked his own heels (outside the box) to make it look like Kujabi had fouled him. The Jambo walked away stating that there was "no point in trying to talk sensibly about the Cup Final to me"!

No idea whether the match result would have changed had these two major match decisions been correct rather than totally wrong, but the point is that the referee should have got these two correct as he was in a perfect position to do so in each case yet chose not to! The TV evidence for each is compellingly at odds with his decision in each case!

However, can't change the past and we have to live with these ones forever now! The SFA can prevent this ever happening again by never allowing this clown Thomson from refereeing a Hibs match ever again and must do so immediately IMO!

Crab apple
05-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Well last week I sent a very similar email to the Hibs Board seeking reassurance from the club that they wouldn't simply accept this referee's performances with a resigned shrug.

I received from Fife Hyland much the same response that the OP did and I indicated as such at the time on the Private Members Board. So this is genuine.

Thanks BEEJ. I wish the one or two on here who question the authenticity of genuine Hibbies would direct some of their enenergy to questioning Thomson's agenda. Only by stepping up the pressure will we see some action imho.

bighairyfaeleith
05-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks BEEJ. I wish the one or two on here who question the authenticity of genuine Hibbies would direct some of their enenergy to questioning Thomson's agenda. Only by stepping up the pressure will we see some action imho.

well said ya jambo ....

Crab apple
05-06-2012, 11:29 AM
well said ya jambo ****

No probs. i'm just away round for a drink with wee Blackie and Thommo. Blackie's promised to wallpaper my lounge this summer - maroon and white stripes.

TrickyNicky
05-06-2012, 11:30 AM
I actually addressed the email to Rod Petrie at the standard board@ email address. It was most definitely FIFE that responded and good on him for doing so. I was pleasantly surprised at the content and it suggests to me that the board are concerned about Thomson. I'm just not sure how much we will hear about it if it is all done through the proper channels.

Mate, I'm with you on this !

I just thought it was odd that someone thought you could be a Yam due to the name on the letter being Fife as opposed to Fyfe.

Crab apple
05-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Good effort Crab - glad to see someone has taken the time to put the comments together.

You could also add in that in the last two seasons, he's awarded 6 penalties against Hibs, 0 for. I don't have the stats for yellies last season to hand, but they run at roughly twice as many Hibs players booked as opposition, which is completely out of sync with his own normal stats and also every other referee.

It stinks.

Thanks P&G. All these stats taken togther present quite a compelling case imho.

bighairyfaeleith
05-06-2012, 11:35 AM
No probs. i'm just away round for a drink with wee Blackie and Thommo. Blackie's promised to wallpaper my lounge this summer - maroon and white stripes.

mind and get the settee recovered pink an aw:wink:

Crab apple
05-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Mate, I'm with you on this !

I just thought it was odd that someone thought you could be a Yam due to the name on the letter being Fife as opposed to Fyfe.

I know. My post was more directed at Kenny and Filled Rolls. I've always had a sneaking suspicion that FR is a long term deep undercover Yam. I heard he holidays in Kaunus:wink:

TrickyNicky
05-06-2012, 11:41 AM
I know. My post was more directed at Kenny and Filled Rolls. I've always had a sneaking suspicion that FR is a long term deep undercover Yam. I heard he holidays in Kaunus:wink:

That's because he dusnae want anyone seein um wear ays "pink mankini" in the back green!

primrose123
05-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I think there a few decisions in every game that go against you, the main thing is the big decisions. Yes it was never a pen, but apart from that the others are all debatable, Griffiths barge on Suso could have been a pen for instance. To be honest this is a bit cringeworthy and I am a litle embarrassed that a club such as Hibs with all its history etc has come to this.

The problems at your club go way beyond what any referee will do during a game, your players had 90 minutes to influence the game, 90 minutes to show passion, commitment and energy to win the biggest game of their careers and the biggest game of their fans lives. They failed on all counts, they failed you the Hibs fans, your end looked amazing pre game and you deserved so much more from your team.

Befoe you go looking to change the thigs that you cant control perhaps you better have a look at things that are in your control, the recruitment policy, the Managers, the board going behind the Managers back and siding with the players, the culture of the club, the lack of professionalism with some of your players, the lack of commitment. When a Hibs fan like Lee Griffiths allows Skacel to run off him and just stands at a corner you have to ask questions about that for instance. (4th goal)

The final was over at 2-0 guys, Hearts played within themselves after that, the job was done. Your team just wasnt good enough on the day or for the whole season, you should focus on that, you can influence that, you cant influence the SFA of the referees.

Dont clutch at straws!

Monts
05-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I think there a few decisions in every game that go against you, the main thing is the big decisions. Yes it was never a pen, but apart from that the others are all debatable, Griffiths barge on Suso could have been a pen for instance. To be honest this is a bit cringeworthy and I am a litle embarrassed that a club such as Hibs with all its history etc has come to this.

The problems at your club go way beyond what any referee will do during a game, your players had 90 minutes to influence the game, 90 minutes to show passion, commitment and energy to win the biggest game of their careers and the biggest game of their fans lives. They failed on all counts, they failed you the Hibs fans, your end looked amazing pre game and you deserved so much more from your team.

Befoe you go looking to change the thigs that you cant control perhaps you better have a look at things that are in your control, the recruitment policy, the Managers, the board going behind the Managers back and siding with the players, the culture of the club, the lack of professionalism with some of your players, the lack of commitment. When a Hibs fan like Lee Griffiths allows Skacel to run off him and just stands at a corner you have to ask questions about that for instance. (4th goal)

The final was over at 2-0 guys, Hearts played within themselves after that, the job was done. Your team just wasnt good enough on the day or for the whole season, you should focus on that, you can influence that, you cant influence the SFA of the referees.

Dont clutch at straws!
You might've been taken seriously if you werent so patronising.

snooky
05-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Dont clutch at straws!

Sorry P123, but you sound a bit like Jim Traynor. :wink:

Two seperate issues here. However, FYI....
1) We are well aware of the deficiencies in our team, thank you, and 2) we are well aware of the (dis)function of a certain SFA official.

primrose123
05-06-2012, 01:04 PM
You might've been taken seriously if you werent so patronising.

Didnt mean to be patronising Im a Hearts fan not a Hibs hater, I have family who were in the other end, and if you look back I have never been a WUM.

EskbankHibby
05-06-2012, 01:07 PM

Dont clutch at straws!

So we are agreed then, the big decision, the penalty, was incorrect?

Read the thread, you were the better team on the day and Hibs never turned up, we all agree. The ref had a very poor day from our perspective, this is one in a long list of poor days against us, we are discussing it.

If it embarasses you fell free to **** off and stop reading/posting on the messageboard of your city rivals. I shudder to think what the conduct of your own club has done to your sensibilities over the years.

Northernhibee
05-06-2012, 01:07 PM

Dont clutch at straws!

The game was never over at 2-1, Black should have gotten at least a booking for his assault on Griffiths, Kujabi's first booking wasn't a booking in a million years, two times I saw the ball run out of play by two clear yards for a Hibs throw and Hearts were allowed to keep on playing, the penalty was never a penalty and it killed all momentum in the game.

This year you've consistently failed to pay players their wages on time, have needed to make many 11th hour bill payments to avoid winding up actions, gained an entirely tainted cup and worst of all, failed to take decisive and swift action on the Craig Thomson situation which caused it to drag out for much longer than it needed to. When does his loan deal end and he returns to you lot btw?

Feed McGraw
05-06-2012, 01:08 PM

Dont clutch at straws!

So, let me get this straight - " playing within themselves" means you can allow a 2-0 lead to become 2-1 and everything is still just dandy ? Well with CT on your side I suppose it is, 2-2 would have been no problem either when the cheating Ref is ready to help out in case things are not going to plan.

Part/Time Supporter
05-06-2012, 01:09 PM
I think there a few decisions in every game that go against you, the main thing is the big decisions....

If it was just a question of Thomson's performance in the cup final, fair do's. He probably made less big mistakes in the cup final than the majority of the Hibs team. The problem with Thomson goes back over at least a dozen games over 3-4 years where he has consistently given big decisions against Hibs. One's an accident, two's a trend... when you get to the number of games and decisions Thomson has given against Hibs, there's something going on there.

Hearts complained about Iain Brines and Dougie McDonald over a lot less.

snooky
05-06-2012, 01:18 PM
If it was just a question of Thomson's performance in the cup final, fair do's. He probably made less big mistakes in the cup final than the majority of the Hibs team. The problem with Thomson goes back over at least a dozen games over 3-4 years where he has consistently given big decisions against Hibs. One's an accident, two's a trend... when you get to the number of games and decisions Thomson has given against Hibs, there's something going on there.

Hearts complained about Iain Brines and Dougie McDonald over a lot less.

For the benefit of P123.
There was a whole thread before the SCF (and probably more in the archives) about CT & his suspect 'form'
This is not just a knee-jerk reaction after a disappointing result.

smurf
05-06-2012, 01:22 PM
I and a few others said before the final that the club through the manager should have been exerting pressure on this cheat of a 'referee' through the media.

In every respect our club is just soft.

Part/Time Supporter
05-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I and a few others said before the final that the club through the manager should have been exerting pressure on this cheat of a 'referee' through the media.

In every respect our club is just soft.

:agree:

Before an Everton v Man Utd FA Cup semi final a few years back, Everton were concerned about the referee appointment because he had a history of giving soft penalties to Man Utd. Moyes pointed this out in the week before the game. During the game, Man Utd had a very strong penalty appeal turned down. Game finished 0-0 and Everton won on penalties.

Mike Riley (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7990227.stm)

United were then denied what looked the clearest of penalties when a breakdown in communications between Howard and Jagielka forced the defender to haul down Welbeck. Riley, whose appointment had been been questioned by Moyes, waved away United's appeals as Ferguson was moved into a jig of fury in his technical area.

Killiehibbie
05-06-2012, 01:59 PM
He's too consistently bad with his decisions for his actions to be anything other than cheating. I'd like him to be made to explain himself but I won't hold my breath.

Kojock
05-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Id take it to the court of session. :na na:

BEEJ
05-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Id take it to the court of session. :na na:
:greengrin

Or to that Court of Arbitration that the Huns ought to have used in the first place.

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Pretty pathetic really but here you go:

Thanks for doing that, Sorry to have doubted you.

Just a general thought on the thread. Saying that someone is a cheat could be difficult ground for us legally (I know you didn't say that). Besides, why would the SFA want to cheat on Hearts behalf. I very much doubt a club that won't pay it's own employees would be prepared to pay someone to cheat.

snooky
05-06-2012, 03:32 PM

Just a general thought on the thread. Saying that someone is a cheat could be difficult ground for us legally (I know you didn't say that). Besides, why would the SFA want to cheat on Hearts behalf. I very much doubt a club that won't pay it's own employees would be prepared to pay someone to cheat.

I think Willie Collum may have been earmarked for the SCF and CT the last OF game. CT pulled out the OF game for family reasons and I think the SFA might have done a swap.

Maybe not though, that's just a plausible theory of my own thinking.

dchibs
05-06-2012, 03:57 PM

i pity any team that plays in Green at the Euros if he is the Ref,

hibee62
05-06-2012, 04:43 PM

Its an SFA run thing. He was the one who got the notice of complaint to Fenlon about his gesture the second he got in his office door on the Monday morning...

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I think that the final was a too big a game for him on the day. I am not sure that there is any real value in digging into this. The outrageous actions of Lennon at Celtc have shown IMO that he is more interested in pandering to the paranoia of what passes as a support, and I would like to think that we were a cut above that. Spool back a couple of weeks to Hanlon's goal that bounced on the penalty spot. What if that had been to make the game 1-0?

Hibs7
05-06-2012, 06:24 PM
There are numerous reasons to dig into this, that is why most are incensed at this clowns behaviour, it was predicted before the final and true to form Thomson stuck by the script. He is a cheating bar steward as far as Hibs are concerned.

Brooster
05-06-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't know if it has been mentioned but a Hibs man visited Thomson in his Hampden changing room after the final and told him in no uncertain terms what most of us are saying in this thread.

Kato
05-06-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't know if it has been mentioned but a Hibs man visited Thomson in his Hampden changing room after the final and told him in no uncertain terms what most of us are saying in this thread.

No doubt CT had a good laugh at that.

GREEN WARLORD
05-06-2012, 06:52 PM

To which Thomson replied, " yeah, like you can do anything about it, now beat it hobo"!

lyonhibs
05-06-2012, 06:56 PM

Pray tell, who was the brave man??

Sudds_1
05-06-2012, 07:00 PM

But, of course, if you happen to be a former season ticket holder at that club, and a long standing supporter.......................

GREEN WARLORD
05-06-2012, 07:19 PM
But, of course, if you happen to be a former season ticket holder at that club, and a long standing supporter.......................

Is there any proof of this, even a picture of him wearing their colours?

Kato
05-06-2012, 07:25 PM

...and the SFA's President is also on board.....being "their" man...

Ferryhibby
05-06-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure hearts would have won that game easily at all.

If they were down to ten men then we might have won it easily.

If a free kick was given and kujabi shown his first yellow we might have continued to get back into the game, which we had been doing since we scored. Hearts were rocking at the end of the first half.

I'm sorry but we were cheated!

Thats my sentiments ..ok we were bloody awful in the first half but, i ve been to ****loads of derbys where the team on top doesnt always win and we had them going after we scored and till half time....if this gits ludicrous decisions didnt materialise whose to say we wouldnt have made a better game of it...we should be complaining about this guy its not just the final its been every bleedin game ive seen him ref, if this was against the sellik neil lennon wouldve copped a 6 match ban for attacking him...my only comfort is he will fkup in the euros and hopefully get himself so embarrased hel quit before nxt season

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2012, 07:50 PM

Such a person would have the integrity to stand aside for a game like the final was. Let's face it, you have to have unquestionable integrity to hold any office at the SFA, let alone referee a cup final. (I made some of this up.)

snooky
05-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Such a person would have the integrity to stand aside for a game like the final was. Let's face it, you have to have unquestionable integrity to hold any office at the SFA, let alone referee a cup final. (I made some of this up.)

It's Catch 22 for CT is it not?
If he asks to be excused then it could be construed that he is admitting he may be unable to referee the game in an unbiased fashion (and that's a defo no-no).
If he takes the game he can be as biased as he wants and take the flack after while he celebrates.

nonshinyfinish
05-06-2012, 08:15 PM
If he asks to be excused then it could be construed that he is admitting he may be unable to referee the game in an unbiased fashion (and that's a defo no-no).
If he takes the game he can be as biased as he wants and take the flack after while he celebrates.

Erm, while I agree with your analysis, that isn't a Catch-22.

Mainly because the second option involves him doing what he wants and getting off scot-free.

CropleyWasGod
05-06-2012, 08:21 PM

Dougie Macdonald didn't stand aside in 2007.

son of haggart
05-06-2012, 08:34 PM

Or in 2006 when he refereed Hearts vs Gretna (and sent a player off)

kaimendhibs
05-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Sorry, I appreciate we are all entitled to opinions but mine is that he is most definately a cheat. His "errors" against hibs are too plentiful and too obvious

truehibernian
05-06-2012, 08:37 PM

Neither did Bill Crombie in 1986 CWG......in any game in the Yams history they wanted a favour from one of their own.........och well them's the breaks.

Sudds_1
05-06-2012, 08:38 PM

Phil D. Rolls
05-06-2012, 08:40 PM

Bet he had a few sleepless nights before making a decision. :agree:

snooky
05-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Erm, while I agree with your analysis, that isn't a Catch-22.

Mainly because the second option involves him doing what he wants and getting off scot-free.

I hear what you're saying but, I was being sarcastic by insinuating that he doen't have it in himself to not be biased and that he knew would have to take the flack for his SCF performance. So, either way he was getting flack. :greengrin

kaimendhibs
05-06-2012, 08:43 PM

Hibs lost the final and finished 11th in the league because the team were full of gutless, journeymen - a tragic result of at least the last two Managers being appointed with no clue whatsoever on what it takes to build a professional, hard working and effective team.

So because we were garbage last season does that make it ok to cheat us? Constantly

truehibernian
05-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Or in 2006 when he refereed Hearts vs Gretna (and sent a player off)

If memory serves me right Dougie yellow carded him (second yellow) for what technically was a straight red (kicking out at an opponent). Hartley was already on a deserved yellow.

The only contentious DM incident involving Hibs and Hearts was him giving us a penalty when Rankin dived.....a game you went onto win.

In my opinion Callum Murray is by far the best ref in the country, he himself a Hearts fan. Followed by Norris, although he can be pedantic.

hibsdaft70
06-06-2012, 06:23 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#Career

Out of sheer badness I today added a line to Craig Thomsons career on Wikipedia. Whilst it would be completely wrong to encourage you to do likewise. It could be fun? :wink:

scott7_0(Prague)
06-06-2012, 09:46 AM

Engels74
06-06-2012, 10:48 AM

Out of sheer badness I today added a line to Craig Thomsons career on Wikipedia. Whilst it would be completely wrong to encourage you to do likewise. It could be fun? :wink:

Ive join you! :greengrin

I added a bit about his performance in the Europa league tie between Twente and Schalke. If you thought the penalty he awarded against us was bad! wait till you see this one. :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw770s4KBXk&feature=related

Winston Ingram
06-06-2012, 11:36 AM

You forgot to add that he failed to send off Ian Black for a blatant forearm smash despite having a clear view of the indecent:agree:

green glory
06-06-2012, 12:39 PM

I added a bit about his performance in the Europa league tie between Twente and Schalke. If you thought the penalty he awarded against was bad! wait till you see this one. :agree:

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw770s4KBXk&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw770s4KBXk)

You forgot to add that he's a cheating Jambo ****.

JustSimplyHibs
06-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Thomson is alleged to be an ardent supporter of Heart of Midlothian Football Club although these allegations have not been proven. These allegations have been made in various football forums by supporters of Hibernian Football Club who feel that decisions made by Thomson against them when he was the referee in charge are highly questionable.

Bit in bold makes Hibby's sound like bitter bawbags...would change it to read, various officals from clubs around Europe feel the decisions made by Thomson against them are highly questionable and some of his officiating could be deemed to be bringing the game into disrepute. His latest dodgy decision coming on May 19th during a Scottish Cup final between his beloved club Heart of Midlothian against their fiercist rivals Hibernian. Hibs scoring their goal before half time. Hibernian were begining to get a grip of the occassion and were on the forward foot, Craig Thomson sensing the displeasure and smelling the fear coming from his beloved Hearts support he awards them a penalty kick for an offence that happened outside the box, giving the Hibs player a red card and Hearts scoring from the penalty spot where they went on to record a historic victory but still haven't avenged that record breaking result on New Ere's Day 1973 suffered at the hands of the Mighty Hibernian.

Just Alf
06-06-2012, 02:05 PM

its been edited.............. somewhat :rolleyes:

AL-Qaholik
06-06-2012, 03:37 PM
From his new and improved Wiki page:

"Life outside football

Thomson is currently a solicitor who specifies in construction and engineering law.[19]
He is also a complete bawbag who almost always finds himself in the middle of a cockmeat sandwich with high ranking SFA officials."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :greengrin :not worth :greengrin

davhibby
06-06-2012, 03:51 PM
This is brilliant,
"Thomson awarded a penalty kick for Hearts for an offence that was clearly outside the penalty area, which brought hibs down to 10 men, he completely ignored Hearts' Ian Black foul which many agree was at least a booking.But being a Hearts fan, he was always going to throw the cup to the Lesser Team from Edinburgh."
and
He lives with his lover, Paulo Sergio, and is rumoured to be opening a hotel, with Ian Black as painter/decorater/general handyman and Suso Santana as front of house.

SaulGoodman
06-06-2012, 04:11 PM
"The lifting of the Scottish Cup is said to have been delayed by at least 10 minutes as Craig Thomson was nominated by the Hearts players and staff to be the man to lift the cup. The flaw in this was only spotted when 4th official William Collum advised Thomson that lifting the cup may further reveal his alliance to the pink side of Edinburgh"

hibsdaft70
06-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately someone at Wikipedia has had a very busy day deleting all of the changes. Spoil sports

Capt Mainwaring
06-06-2012, 07:34 PM
So because we were garbage last season does that make it ok to cheat us? Constantly

No but in Thomson's case you're confusing incompetance with cheating (in my opinion of course). You're entitled to yours but I think our abysmal record over the last 3 years really has a lot more to do with our own inadequacies than Refereeing decisions.

However if it eases the pain - carry on

Albion Hibs
06-06-2012, 07:48 PM
No but in Thomson's case you're confusing incompetance with cheating (in my opinion of course). You're entitled to yours but I think our abysmal record over the last 3 years really has a lot more to do with our own inadequacies than Refereeing decisions.

Whether in the final he was a cheat or made a series of bad decisions we will never truely know, unless of course he decides to release a contraversial book to fund his retirement.

One thing that is clear is that he is a $h!te ref and does not have the ability to manage a game of such significance. If the final did not showcase that to his superiors then nothing will.

The best result for the SFA was the fact that the game was between two Edinburgh teams and not the Glasgow ones, and the fact that it was the last game of the season. Closing the doors on 2011/12 meant this has been largely swept under the carpet.

As those in charge do not appear to be doing anything about it then it is down to our support to make it know, a suitable reception for him at a packed ER should not only alert him but his superiors that the farcical decisions in the final will not be forgotton. I personally cant wait to have him back at ER, and I hope he hates every minute running up to it and during it.

If I performed like that at my work at very least I would be getting a swift and strong word in the ear.

BEEJ
06-06-2012, 08:59 PM

Statistically, if Thomson was just incompetent then all his almighty gaffs that he appears to reserve for Hibs matches would be spread evenly between ourselves and our opponents.

We have a truly abysmal record over the last three seasons first and foremost because we have been a very poor side for one reason or another.

Because of that - and since its going to be a long slow climb from here - we cannot afford to sit back and accept the performances of an official whose refereeing of our matches has been, to put it in the best possible light, highly dubious!

TornadoHibby
06-06-2012, 09:15 PM

I added a bit about his performance in the Europa league tie between Twente and Schalke. If you thought the penalty he awarded against us was bad! wait till you see this one. :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw770s4KBXk&feature=related

It's actually not dis-similar to the Suso one in that the the red no 9 'clicks' his own heel to make it look like he's been tripped when actually the other (blue) player made no such contact with him at all!

Exactly what Suso did but outside the penalty box to allow Thomson to wrongly award what turned out to be a significant event in determining the eventual Cup Final match result!

joe breezy
06-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Not reading the whole thread but at 2-1 I really believed we had a chance we started to come into the game so to say that the penalty had no effect on the outcome on the game seems bizarre

Eyrie
06-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Kujabi would still have got the second yellow for the tug even if Thomson hadn't invented the penalty. We'd have been struggling to come back from 2-1 down with ten men.

And in addition to raising Thomson's ongoing antics, I hope that the club have been complaining that Suso wasn't cited for his blatant dive. That is something which is far more damaging to the game than Fenlon giving the Sparky to the Jambos.

Purple & Green
06-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Kujabi would still have got the second yellow for the tug even if Thomson hadn't invented the penalty. We'd have been struggling to come back from 2-1 down with ten men.

And in addition to raising Thomson's ongoing antics, I hope that the club have been complaining that Suso wasn't cited for his blatant dive. That is something which is far more damaging to the game than Fenlon giving the Sparky to the Jambos.

What irritated me at the time was that it was errant nonsense to suggest that the only two bookable fouls committed in the first 48 mins were by Kujabi. Black's was the worst of the game by a long way. Doesn't excuse Kujabi's daftness, but calls Thomson into question yet again.

monktonharp
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw770s4KBXk&feature=related das is nicht gut, das ist schone, ....nein das referee ist ein sheisenhuaser.

monktonharp
06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
What irritated me at the time was that it was errant nonsense to suggest that the only two bookable fouls committed in the first 48 mins were by Kujabi. Black's was the worst of the game by a long way. Doesn't excuse Kujabi's daftness, but calls Thomson into question yet again.:agree:no question about it. he was biased. that's the queastion answered imho

monktonharp
06-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Sorry, I appreciate we are all entitled to opinions but mine is that he is most definately a cheat. His "errors" against hibs are too plentiful and too obvious:agree: I was told by a jambo, last w/end in the pub,to get over it after he heard 4 of us (hibbies) discussing the penalty at the final. I, of course replied with the usual words from the downtrodden side of town, being...........**** off ya cheatin' jambo **** and dinnae invade ma space! he then returned to his seat next to his lovely wife, and said to her, I dinnae ken what his problem is. she descretely said, can you no just shut up?

Graham Law
06-06-2012, 11:26 PM

Spot on !!

Frazerbob
06-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Not reading the whole thread but at 2-1 I really believed we had a chance we started to come into the game so to say that the penalty had no effect on the outcome on the game seems bizarre

Spot on.

monktonharp
07-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Spot on !!nice and easy to say that from afar. were you at the game, do you live amongst ****my jammy jambo barstewards that love to ram it doon yer throat at every f/kin minute, how superior and big and f/kin great they are, having had so much luck over the last 14 years or so, getting to SCfinals , against moth eaten huns,or part-time village teams, or having a biased ref that gave a penalty in the first minute of the second half, thereby totally demoralising a hotched up team, and lidicruling a fantastic support that had given there all, in the build up to the game, only to see the fight drawn from them with one of the most scunnering decisions ever, in a cup final. we have had to put up with harsh descisions before, and the '79 final against the huns springs to mind when we should have had a penalty with 3 mins to go, thems the breaks, eh? facts are facts.It was not a penalty,it was 1-2, hertz got a free penalty, it suddenly became 1-3. if it had been.....it's 1-2, Hibs got a free penalty, it's suddenly 2-2, suddenly it's a totaly different game!

Kato
07-06-2012, 12:28 AM
nice and easy to say that from afar. were you at the game, do you live amongst ****my jammy jambo barstewards that love to ram it doon yer throat at every f/kin minute, how superior and big and f/kin great they are, having had so much luck over the last 14 years or so, getting to SCfinals , against moth eaten huns,or part-time village teams, or having a biased ref that gave a penalty in the first minute of the second half, thereby totally demoralising a hotched up team, and lidicruling a fantastic support that had given there all, in the build up to the game, only to see the fight drawn from them with one of the most scunnering decisions ever, in a cup final. we have had to put up with harsh descisions before, and the '79 final against the huns springs to mind when we should have had a penalty with 3 mins to go, thems the breaks, eh? facts are facts.It was not a penalty,it was 1-2, hertz got a free penalty, it suddenly became 1-3. if it had been.....it's 1-2, Hibs got a free penalty, it's suddenly 2-2, suddenly it's a totaly different game!

:top marks:top marks

Nobody, no Hearts fan, no Hibs fan, will ever convince me that the guy isn't a cheat. We were crap but they still needed 3 or 4 pivotal decisions to swing the game their way.

If I ever hear a Hearts fan complain about being hard done by a Ref ever again I'll laugh in their face - loud and long, with spittle involved.

"These things even themselves out" goes the saying. Well I'm waiting for 40 years of evening out as I've yet to see a Ref be so "biased" (i.e. cheat) in our favour.

brydekirk
07-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Jeezo - forget the performance from Hibs in the final. We were pish - end of BUT that doesn't mean we should ignore Thomson's performance
Sure there was a thread about him before the final, thats when something should have been done. Its a bit like closing the gate after tjhe horse has bolted.

LeithBoozy
07-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Sure there was a thread about him before the final, thats when something should have been done. Its a bit like closing the gate after tjhe horse has bolted.

There were plenty of fans not happy with his appointment and complained plenty on here. The Hibs board as usual did not utter a peep, they could have put that Jambo basta under pressure for the cost of a stamp, but no to much to ask them.:rolleyes:

BarneyK
07-06-2012, 09:01 AM
There were plenty of fans not happy with his appointment and complained plenty on here. The Hibs board as usual did not utter a peep, they could have put that Jambo basta under pressure for the cost of a stamp, but no to much to ask them.:rolleyes:

That's putting it mildly. Many saw our chances fade badly after the appointment. Unfortunately, our players seemed to as well.

Hibs7
07-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I wrote to the SFA before and after the final about the issues with Thomson, surprise, surprise I did not get a reply.
I also believe Hibs contacted them regarding his appointment before the final.

Judas Iscariot
07-06-2012, 10:26 AM
I wrote to the SFA before and after the final about the issues with Thomson, surprise, surprise I did not get a reply.
I also believe Hibs contacted them regarding his appointment before the final.

They did and never received any reply either

Lungo--Drom
07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi Crabbie, many thanks for taking the time and making the effort to compile the dossier and submit it to Hibs.

I was thinking of doing something similar but my job at the moment is leaving very little time for anything apart from sleep.

Having read through the other replies and having been at the Cup Final I agree that we were s**t but it was the whole sending off incident and penalty that sealed the deal and slammed the coffin lid shut.

As a witness to the match it seemed to me that Thomson was just waiting, like a mouse trap, for one little mistake by a Hibs player and BANG! the trap was shut and the red card was out. Okay I am a Hibby but clearly Thomson's actions were blatantly biased. As you have pointed out it was not just the Cup Final, it is long running.

Thomson is from Paisley but I was born there and I am a lifelong Hibby so no reason whatsoever that Thomson can't be a lifelong Yam. It's a narrow line to tread so I'll stick purely to football. The possibilities IMHO are:

> he is a closet Yam

> he just hates Hibs

> he is a Hun fan and hates anything in green

To me he clearly has some bias and he is unable to keep that locked away when refereeing a match. To him the bias he suffers from wins out over any sense of sporting integrity he has or should have.

Who knows, maybe a tabloid paper could do some digging and find a Goram like "basement museum" photo with Thomson posing in maroon and pointing at his wall full of Yam memorabilia?

Dear CA

All the best

Fife
Hibernian FC

BEEJ
07-06-2012, 12:27 PM
If Suso doesn't dive, play continues and no yellow card would have been issued to Kujabi. How often do you see a ref issue a yellow card for that retrospectively?

(Mind you, it was Thomson refereeing a Hibs match here. That's usually sufficient cause for making an exception.)

ehf
07-06-2012, 12:53 PM
:agree:no question about it. he was biased. that's the queastion answered imho

Here's a link to the BBC "highlights".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/18133708#asset

Painful viewing, of course, but anyone who doesn't think Thomson is a blatant cheat should watch from 1.58 to 2.42. This shows Kujabi's foul on Suso which earned his first booking (clumsy, but certainly not malicious and doesn't really make hard contact with him), then immediately after, Black's foul on Stevenson, which was worse (cynical and malicious and he does Lewie clearly and deliberately on the calf) but for which he only gets a finger-wagging (and this after getting off withhis assault on Griffiths at the start (which the highlights don't show). No bona fide, impartial referee would have been so inconsistent.

99 out 100 refs would have let Kujabi off with a warning (as it was his first foul) and booked Black (as he had already had a warning). So: Black has to watch himself for the rest of the game and Kujabi doesn't get sent off later. Totally different game. In reality, Black knew he could do whatever he wanted: it's easy to play with swagger and confidence when you've got the ref in your pocket. By contrast, our players were scared to make a challenge as they knew The Cheat was itching to reach for his card.

BEEJ
07-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Painful viewing, of course, but anyone who doesn't think Thomson is a blatant cheat should watch from 1.58 to 2.42. This shows Kujabi's foul on Suso which earned his first booking (clumsy, but certainly not malicious and doesn't really make hard contact with him), then immediately after, Black's foul on Stevenson, which was worse (cynical and malicious and he does Lewie clearly and deliberately on the calf) but for which he only gets a finger-wagging (and this after getting off withhis assault on Griffiths at the start (which the highlights don't show). No bona fide, impartial referee would have been so inconsistent.

99 out 100 refs would have let Kujabi off with a warning (as it was his first foul) and booked Black (as he had already had a warning). So: Black has to watch himself for the rest of the game and Kujabi doesn't get sent off later. Totally different game. In reality, Black knew he could do whatever he wanted: it's easy to play with swagger and confidence when you've got the ref in your pocket. By contrast, our players were scared to make a challenge as they knew The Cheat was itching to reach for his card.
:agree: Excellent summary.

(Quite why folks don't get the significance of this inconsistent refereeing style and its influence on the outcome of matches, escapes me. Unless, of course, they're more in favour of the opposing team.)

Just Alf
07-06-2012, 01:11 PM
If Suso doesn't dive, play continues and no yellow card would have been issued to Kujabi. How often do you see a ref issue a yellow card for that retrospectively?

(Mind you, it was Thomson refereeing a Hibs match here. That's usually sufficient cause for making an exception.)

On top of that there were pics in the papers of Yam players doing exactly the same and not a one resulted in a foul far less a booking! :-(

Dashing Bob S
07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
We were poor, as we've been all season, and would probably have been fairly beaten by Hearts, as we have by most teams in the last two years.

However, we weren't fairly beaten, we were robbed by a cheating bast*ard, who has previous form against our club, and who totally vindicated the most histrionic concerns spouted by people on this board following his appointment. I, like many others, chose to dismiss these fears as paranoia. I was wrong.

Imagine, if you can, the public inquests if decisions like that had gone against Rangers or Celtic in a cup final. No, it's not possible to do so, because you never can conceive of an occasion when such a thing would happen.

This guy is a maggot and a disgrace to the game. It goes beyond incompetence, he's a corrupt cheat, but he flourishes in a nest of them in our sad joke of a domestic game.

Sadly I think a lot of masonic bigot refs see the green of Hibs, and look upon us as the Celtic they can abuse with impunity, knowing there won't be the paranoid, chip-on-the shoulder fuss of the OF sectarian circus kicked back in their faces.

stantonhibby
07-06-2012, 01:47 PM

indeed............if one is a booking they both are although it is actually Skacel who clobbers Stevenson.

BEEJ
07-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Sadly I think a lot of masonic bigot refs see the green of Hibs, and look upon us as the Celtic they can abuse with impunity, knowing there won't be the paranoid, chip-on-the shoulder fuss of the OF sectarian circus kicked back in their faces.

Perhaps as it's not now so easy to get away with similar bias against Celtic without there being a major public outcry, Hibs are now seen as easier fare on that score if the individual official in question is so-minded.

Lungo--Drom
07-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Spot on fella, totally agree!

...Sadly I think a lot of masonic bigot refs see the green of Hibs, and look upon us as the Celtic they can abuse with impunity, knowing there won't be the paranoid, chip-on-the shoulder fuss of the OF sectarian circus kicked back in their faces.

snooky
07-06-2012, 04:49 PM
The next word I will utter on the subject of the 'cheatskate' that is CT will be at ER

... and that word will be "booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."

Northernhibee
07-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I utterly, utterly despise the man. I really wanted to see us win the Scottish cup with my dad at my side - he's nearly 70 now and we probably won't get many more chances to see it happen.

We were the second best team but at 2-1 anything could have happened.

No question, I hate Craig Thomson with every fibre of my body, his appointment is and was a ****ing scandal.

Argylehibby
07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=Lungo--Drom;3256160]

> he just hates Hibs

QUOTE]

On the basis he sent two huns off in a final against St Mirren I think it more likely that he just hates the Hibs. Of course many have said he is not a Yam but a Saints fan which could be seen as proof that, if he has a favourite in a game, (regardless of the reason for it) then he is quite happy to use his position to influence the game. Unfortunately for him the buddies even with his help couldnt manage a win.

SaulGoodman
07-06-2012, 05:37 PM
How about a big Celtic style "**** SFA" banner for the first home game :wink:

Crab apple
07-06-2012, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Lungo--Drom;3256160]

> he just hates Hibs

QUOTE]

On the basis he sent two huns off in a final against St Mirren I think it more likely that he just hates the Hibs. Of course many have said he is not a Yam but a Saints fan which could be seen as proof that, if he has a favourite in a game, (regardless of the reason for it) then he is quite happy to use his position to influence the game. Unfortunately for him the buddies even with his help couldnt manage a win.

He certainly hates Hibs (the stats over recent seasons are testament to this)

He favours the Yams (and apparently supported them during his employment tenure with MacLay, Murray and Spens)

He seems to 'have a soft spot' for Ian Black if the link below from a hun website is anything to go by. The fact that ex hibbie KT was involved in two of the incidents was probably a further factor.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/homepage/index.php/about-malawi/669-craig-thomson-time-to-re-read-the-rulebook.html

Phil D. Rolls
07-06-2012, 06:46 PM

We should start a thread blaming Rod Petrie for everything.

It was not a penalty, but the Hibs player should never have let Suso get past him. The tug on the jersey from a player who has already been booked surely smacks of desperation? I also wonder the wisdom of bringing on Sproule and taking off the left back - before half time. It seems to me that Sergio targeted that very spot and Hearts came all out to attack it in the second half.

Of course my wisdom comes from hindsight, I recall telling everybody around me what a brilliant tactical move it was to bring Ivan on - hit them while they are reeling on the ropes. I now think it was a gamble that didn't come off.

We got bad decisions off this referee, and there is no getting away from the fact that booking Black would have reduced his influence in the first half. Also, once we were down to 10 men, chasing two goals, we were brutally vulnerable to a counter attack - so the game was over at that point.

That said, we can criticise Thomson's "bias" all we want, but our players didn't have the bottle to mix it and put him to the test. There is no getting away from the fact that we were too soft, let them boss us, and left ourselves with a mountain to climb from early in the first half.

I truly wish I could hate this referee as much as I do the one who denied us a penalty in 79, with 5 minutes to go. I hate some of those cowards who wore our colours on 19th May much more than the ref.

theonlywayisup
07-06-2012, 07:59 PM
On the 19th May, Hibs were very poor. That is not in question. I don't think that Hibs would have recovered from the 2-1 deficit. We will never know.

That is not my gripe. It is plain for all to see that Thomson is either extremely incompetent (the European incident seems to concur with this view) or very biased against Hibs. At the game, I could not believe that Black did not get a booking, whilst Pa Kujabi did. I was fuming when I got home to then see what the penalty was given for. It was blatent cheating. Many of the more normal Yams have stated it was never a penalty, but Pa Kujabi would still have been sent off. But, not if his first half booking was not given as a booking, as per Black. Add to that the incident in the Dons game. He is a cheat, and we should make it clear to all the next time he comes to Easter Road - 90 minutes of loud chanting!

Yes, he could be incompetent, but it would be nice if he was incompetent in our favour.

killie-hibby
08-06-2012, 06:55 AM

Blacks assault on Griffiths seems to have been edited out. Griffiths "dive" against Aberdeen was also left on the BBC cutting room floor. If those two incidents happened in any Bigot Twins game we would by now have had hundreds of replays and prolonged discussions on Sportsound questioning Thomsons inadequacy /bias.

Kato
08-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Blacks assault on Griffiths seems to have been edited out. Griffiths "dive" against Aberdeen was also left on the BBC cutting room floor.

An absolute disgrace by the so-called impartial BBC. Compare that to coverage they gave O'Connor's "dive" against St Johnstone and the subsequent habit of mentioning it for months afterwards.

JimBHibees
08-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Yep seems like the cheat is being protected for some reason especially his bent decision to book Griffiths in the Killie game which just happened to rule him out against Pars. Given the BBC were all for highlighting Sparky for everything including scratching his erse this season the contrast is very marked indeed. Why is Lunny not looking into Black's elbow in the final and the dive by Susan for the pen?

Kato
08-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Yep seems like the cheat is being protected for some reason especially his bent decision to book Griffiths in the Killie game which just happened to rule him out against Pars. Given the BBC were all for highlighting Sparky for everything including scratching his erse this season the contrast is very marked indeed.

"Just happened to" is an understatement.

Why is Lunny not looking into Black's elbow in the final and the dive by Susan for the pen?

Possibly, just a possibility mind you, beacause he's a cheating, SFA, weegie, establishment team ****er.

That's only a maybe.

JimBHibees
08-06-2012, 09:40 AM
"Just happened to" is an understatement.

Completely agree he knew full well what the implications were. Can remember Ivan just before he left picking up a booking from Brines for his only tackle in the 8 mins he was on the pitch which gave him a 4 game ban? IMO he knew exactly what he was doing.

BEEJ
08-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Why is Lunny not looking into Black's elbow in the final and the dive by Susan for the pen?
I think I recall reading that Vincent Lunny is a lawyer as well.

Possibly something to do with the legal fraternity and strange handshakes.

ancient hibee
08-06-2012, 11:47 AM
The club should have publicly put pressure on Thomson before the final as the likes of Ferguson would have done by highlighting poor decisions.It's too late now-nothing will happen.

bighairyfaeleith
08-06-2012, 11:56 AM
On the 19th May, Hibs were very poor. That is not in question. I don't think that Hibs would have recovered from the 2-1 deficit. We will never know.

That is not my gripe. It is plain for all to see that Thomson is either extremely incompetent (the European incident seems to concur with this view) or very biased against Hibs. At the game, I could not believe that Black did not get a booking, whilst Pa Kujabi did. I was fuming when I got home to then see what the penalty was given for. It was blatent cheating. Many of the more normal Yams have stated it was never a penalty, but Pa Kujabi would still have been sent off. But, not if his first half booking was not given as a booking, as per Black. Add to that the incident in the Dons game. He is a cheat, and we should make it clear to all the next time he comes to Easter Road - 90 minutes of loud chanting!

Yes, he could be incompetent, but it would be nice if he was incompetent in our favour.

Yep I agree, we need 90 minutes of constant cheat cheat cheat!!

Hope it's live on tv as well, we need to make a very public demonstration of what we think of this guy, I'll only be happy when he retires from refereeing because he can't take going to easter rd anymore!!

God Petrie
08-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Hibs were poor in the final.

Would we have been as poor if:

1) Ian Black had been properly punished for being a dirty little hammerthrowing twat and elbowing Griffiths.
2) The penalty hadn't been awarded minutes into the second half when the momentum was with Hibs.
3) Kujabi had lasted 90 minutes instead of getting two extremely soft bookings.

We will never know and the reason we will never know is Craig Thomson. We weren't set up correctly in the first half but we played 5 minutes with different tactics until CT pissed all over us by handing Hearts a massive advantage.

Thomson is the only referee I've seen in about 25 years of following Hibs that I genuinely worry about because his decisions against Hibs are so clearly and consistently wrong.

08-06-2012, 01:39 PM
We were so bad in the final that Thompson didn't really need to help them out but i'm sure if it had been closer then they would have been given a helping hand. The penalty decision and the decision not to give Black even a yellow was just unbelievable and blatant cheating.

I have never been one to start all the "its a conspiracy" and "everyone is against us" celtic like stuff but Thompson has shown time and time again that he clearly has some agenda against hibs. He gives us absolutely nothing! Like said above by someone, its about time hibs started to get tough and stop all this nicey-nicey stuff which has got us nowhere! Its time to finally stick up for ourselves.

Thompson is a cheat. Pure and simple. The final was completely our fault but I don't think the score would have been as flattering to hearts if Thompson did his job right. Its an absolute joke that he was allowed anywhere near that final in the first place. I actually put a fiver on hearts to get a penalty the moment he was announced as referee for the final, believe it or not. Thats how bad he is, I knew hearts would get a penalty, it was absolutely guarenteed! We were back in the game so he decided to give them that just to make sure they had it wrapped up.

Crab apple
08-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Hibs were poor in the final.

Would we have been as poor if:

1) Ian Black had been properly punished for being a dirty little hammerthrowing twat and elbowing Griffiths.
2) The penalty hadn't been awarded minutes into the second half when the momentum was with Hibs.
3) Kujabi had lasted 90 minutes instead of getting two extremely soft bookings.

We will never know and the reason we will never know is Craig Thomson. We weren't set up correctly in the first half but we played 5 minutes with different tactics until CT pissed all over us by handing Hearts a massive advantage.

Thomson is the only referee I've seen in about 25 years of following Hibs that I genuinely worry about because his decisions against Hibs are so clearly and consistently wrong.

:agree: Add 15+ years onto your total for me. There have been many poor referrees and questionable decsions over the years but with Thomson the problem is it has been over a number of seasons. I hope we can keep highlighting this until we get some sort of reaction from the authorities. This probably needs a more active campaign to add to the many good inputs on this thread.

WindyMiller
09-06-2012, 10:21 AM
It's actually not dis-similar to the Suso one in that the the red no 9 'clicks' his own heel to make it look like he's been tripped when actually the other (blue) player made no such contact with him at all!

Exactly what Suso did but outside the penalty box to allow Thomson to wrongly award what turned out to be a significant event in determining the eventual Cup Final match result!

In this instance the lines-man has a far better view than Thomson, but doesn't raise his flag and the 'clip' is outside the box.

Minder
09-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Not read full thread, anyone know Dougie Mcdonald's take on CT?

theonlywayisup
09-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I know that there is a Craig Thomson -v- Hibs thread. But I thought I would start a thread so that we can assess his performance in the Euros. Surely he is not biased against one of the Euro teams. :rolleyes: This is his time to show what a top class ref he is (tongue firmly in cheek).

The Sun (or SFA referees chief) think he will do the nation proud!!!!

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4362920/Craig-Thomson-will-do-nation-proud.html

So let's monitor his performance in a truly unbiased view.

Has he been given his first game yet to referee?

greenginger
09-06-2012, 07:03 PM
I've said before on this thread, when Craig Thomson worked at Mclay Murray and Spens, one of his bosses was Hibs Director Amanda Jones.

Thomson gives me the impression of a little twerp who would hate to be told what to do by anybody, especially a woman and his totally irrational decision making when refereeing games involving Hibs may be his idea of payback. He also married a girl 12 years his junior which kind of hints at his insecurity with the female sex.

Kato
09-06-2012, 07:43 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4362920/Craig-Thomson-will-do-nation-proud.html

From the article ...

Fleming said: “The team have had a very good season — their best and most consistent to date.

What an utter joke. If that was his best and most consistent season then Charlie Cairoli drove a reliable car who's doors never fell off.

I'm not even going to bother looking for inconsistencies or incompetence in Thomson's performances.

I doubt he's incompetent - he undoubtedly cheats when reffing Hibs though.

thebakerboy
09-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Given the performance of the ref in the Poland Greece game last night Craig Thomson will find himself well at home , 'cause he is cr&*.

forthhibby
09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Yep I agree, we need 90 minutes of constant cheat cheat cheat!!

Hope it's live on tv as well, we need to make a very public demonstration of what we think of this guy, I'll only be happy when he retires from refereeing because he can't take going to easter rd anymore!!

First home game he takes charge of, we should not take our seats til after kick off, that should get plenty publicity

Wotherspiniesta
09-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Best and most consistant season to date. That's a joke.....right?

Unfortunately for the bumbling beanpole, he'll no have any Hibs players to screw over at the tournament. Best thing that can happen is he has an absolute mare of a time. Gets the easiest game in the world to handle and handles it like the incompetent tool that he is. He abides by Platini's extraordinary rule that ref's have to book players who are being racially abused and walk off the park. He bookes Balotelli and is beaten within an inch of his life by the fiery Italian. He comes back to Scotland emotionally and physically battered and quits as a "professional" referee before the start of next season.

Twiglet
09-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Just looking on the Euro 2012 website and Willie Collum is 4th official in the Spain/Italy match tomorrow and Alasdair Ross (?) is reserve official. Thought Thomson was the only one there from Scotland.

Thomson doesn't have a match in the first round of group matches. The next lot of matches are still to have their officials confirmed.

ScottB
09-06-2012, 08:32 PM
To be fair, he was incredibly consistent last season, he ****** us over every chance he got!

RosComain
09-06-2012, 08:37 PM
I'd like to see him get an England game, make a total kanute of it and get slaughtered by the media. Win win and would maybe allow more questions of his performance last month to reach the papers.

frazeHFC
09-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I'd like to see him get an England game, make a total kanute of it and get slaughtered by the media. Win win and would maybe allow more questions of his performance last month to reach the papers.

That would definately be a win win. :agree:

snooky
09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
I know that there is a Craig Thomson -v- Hibs thread. But I thought I would start a thread so that we can assess his performance in the Euros. Surely he is not biased against one of the Euro teams. :rolleyes: This is his time to show what a top class ref he is (tongue firmly in cheek).

I'll plump for this.
After he gives his first penalty he'll turn to the camera, take off his top to reveal a tee shirt that says "**** The Hibs".
Nap!

Hibercelona
09-06-2012, 10:12 PM
He wont make any "mistakes" in the Euro's.

He'll be desperate to show that he can make the right calls, just so he can ref another Hibs game...

Hibernia&Alba
09-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I would advise all teams he is refereeing to try to get in first with a maroon strip. Victory is guaranteed.

smurf
09-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Fleming. There's a guy you would love to slap.

hibbiedon
10-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Sorry I think he will have a good competition as he is a good ref, the problem is he is a cheat that hates Hibs, he will probably retire after the euros rather than come back to ER as he has been found out to be the cheating **** bag

The Tubs
10-06-2012, 12:48 PM
He's been given Portugal v Denmark.

Wotherspiniesta
10-06-2012, 12:51 PM
I would advise all teams he is refereeing to try to get in first with a maroon strip. Victory is guaranteed.

Unlucky Denmark. :greengrin

Kato
10-06-2012, 01:27 PM

Hopefully there's a 8 yard run up, fore-arm smash incident and an outside the box penalty incident to deal with. Then we can see how he deals with these in game were all eyes are upon him.

Lungo--Drom
10-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Good idea TOWIU :aok:

My international team, Republic of Ireland, is playing Croatia this evening at 1945 so I hope to God that CT is not the referee or there can be only one winner... :rolleyes:

Considering the colours below that Ireland will be wearing:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7216/7357638902_2b7a2c2a3e_m.jpg

If CT is the ref it'll be curtains for us Paddies :paranoid: let us wait and see if he is the ref and if so if he comes out his closet (he's purely a St. Mirren fan you understand lol)

Pretty Boy
10-06-2012, 01:52 PM
How, after assessing his performance in the cup final, that can be described as his best and most consistent season is beyond me.

They're either blind or covering up for him.

Dr Jimmy
10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
First home game he takes charge of, we should not take our seats til after kick off, that should get plenty publicity

I hope the banner makers are gearing up for this cheating ****.

muzzhfc
11-06-2012, 12:05 AM
not having a go, but i dont see the point in these threads. i know that they are part of the parcel with forums, and that i am contributing to something in the forum that i dont see the point in. however, these threads just make us seem like moany whiney *******s who want to blame the authorities etc

1875godsgift
11-06-2012, 02:07 AM
not having a go, but i dont see the point in these threads. i know that they are part of the parcel with forums, and that i am contributing to something in the forum that i dont see the point in. however, these threads just make us seem like moany whiney *******s who want to blame the authorities etc

So a cheating ref who completely destroyed one of the most important Scottish Cup finals in the history of football should be let off scot free?
The non-penalty and dubious sending off completely finished the game as Thompson undoubtedly knew it would, I don't really f'in care if you think I'm a moany whiney whatever because I know I am right.
FACT.
END OF.

( to paraphrase )

hibee62
11-06-2012, 02:44 AM

This is not a team who is used to getting everything their own way moaning because one or two 50/50 decisions went against them (ala Lennon and Celtic). This is a man who has been giving dodgy decisions against Hibs since 2004 when he dubiously sent off Kevin Thomson at Dunfermline with Hibs winning 1-0.

It was always suspected by a few as 50/50 after 50/50 went against us but the final confirmed it. The decisions in the final were not dubious, they were simply wrong, and obviously wrong. He had a perfect view of each of them!

Pete
11-06-2012, 03:28 AM
I can't even look at the mans face without feeling angry, sick and a little bit sad thinking about what might have been.

I couldn't imagine I'd ever hate someone I have never actually met.

I hope he erses up the Euro matches he is given...and if he is anywhere near our ground next season I'll try and be part of the "hell" he will no doubt have to face.

Lungo--Drom
11-06-2012, 06:37 AM
I watched Rep. of Ireland vs Croatia last night. Luckily no Crooked Thomson as ref, but in fact a brilliant Dutch ref who showed just how professional a referee can be and how totally in charge of all aspects of a match a ref can be. The guy was brilliant. Shame we got gubbed 1-3 :'(

Greentinted
11-06-2012, 09:39 AM

Fair comment and in truth a part of me can see where you're coming from. However I don't think that there are many Hibbies who blame Thomson for the defeat on the 19th - Hibs beat Hibs on that fateful day, Thomson just jollied the defeat along.
But it would take a blinded, bias Hearts man/woman (on this occasion) to suggest he is anything other than the classic cheat (in the traditional mould of SFA, SPL corruption) or morbidly incompetent.
The Euros will hopefully expose his ineptitude and wappen disposition and so to forensically analyse his performances is something all good men and women will endorse. :greengrin

Kato
11-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Spoke to three jambos over the weekend and their line now is that the suso incident was a definite penalty. One of them you have to speak to in words of one syllable otherwise his brain overheats so that's understandable, the other two are sentient beings but are now on my mental "weirdo" list.

In what dimension could THAT be a penalty?

poolman
11-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I've said before on this thread, when Craig Thomson worked at Mclay Murray and Spens, one of his bosses was Hibs Director Amanda Jones.

Thomson gives me the impression of a little twerp who would hate to be told what to do by anybody, especially a woman and his totally irrational decision making when refereeing games involving Hibs may be his idea of payback. He also married a girl 12 years his junior which kind of hints at his insecurity with the female sex.

What utter drivel :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
11-06-2012, 01:40 PM

Jeezo, our paranoia takes a Freudian twist. :confused:

Radium
11-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Stewart M. Regan‏@StewartReganCongratulations to Scotland's Craig Thomson who will referee the Denmark v Portugal match at the UEFA Euro's in Lviv in Wednesday...

snooky
11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Stewart M. Regan‏@StewartReganCongratulations to Scotland's Craig Thomson who will referee the Denmark v Portugal match at the UEFA Euro's in Lviv in Wednesday...

Anybody have any pals over there who could go to the game with a big "Cheat" banner?

Ding! ding! Round 1.

ehf
11-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Anybody have any pals over there who could go to the game with a big "Cheat" banner?

Ding! ding! Round 1.

Have to say, tho I will forever believe that Thomson is a biased cheat who ruined the biggest Hibs game of my life as a contest with a string of blatantly corrupt decisionsn that the ref in the England/France game wasn't far behind in terms of inconsistencies that favoured France.

Big Frank
12-06-2012, 06:57 AM
He's a cheat. Pure and simple.

.. and its up to us, to make sure this is never forgotten.

.... as a side has the waiter been pulled for his dive by the beaks? Can we expect him to serve a ban at the start of the seasn?

Hibs07p
12-06-2012, 07:47 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4365280/Ref-Craigs-Ronaldo-joy.html

The Scottish Cup Final ref won’t be able to handle any games in Groups C or D because of England and Ireland’s involvement.

Why? Surely he could be trusted to officiate at either of those games without being biased, couldn't he?

JimBHibees
12-06-2012, 09:06 AM

Portugal are a shoe in given the colour of strip they wear.

matty_f
12-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Hadn't commented on this thread up til now, so I'd just like to add that Craig Thomson is a cheating ****.

Togs91
13-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Hope he has a sh***r!

Kato
13-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Obviously had a job to do on the day.

http://youtu.be/hSq2rsmBTSI

Stevie Reid
13-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Obviously had a job to do on the day.

http://youtu.be/hSq2rsmBTSI

The mere sight of that cheating **** fills me with unbelievable anger.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Bumping this thread to the top of the leader board just to remind everyone that this clown is in charge of today's Euro 2012 Denmark v Portugal match which kicks off at 5pm.

Red card for Ronaldo maybe.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Bump. 8 minutes until kick off.

He's already on the pitch. :hnet:

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Portugal in green and white (and red). That's a bad omen.

hibs0666
13-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Craigy at his bestest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQoHv0rj5HU

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2012, 04:11 PM
He runs like a fanny.

Wheat Hound
13-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Had Nani been wearing maroon, he would have had a penalty for falling on his erse there.

HH81
13-06-2012, 04:24 PM
He give a corner then and they scored from it.

I think it should have been goal kick.

Wotherspiniesta
13-06-2012, 04:25 PM

Have a look at 7 minutes 20 for the penalty incident. You'll see Craig Thomson blow his whistle and point to the spot. THEN he checks with his linesman and points to the spot. Absolutely gagging to give them a penalty. He had the best view in the whole stadium to determine if that was inside the box or not and he still gave it. He's a ****ing cheating ****. The very sight of him makes my blood boil.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Yellow card for Meirelles.

Barney McGrew
13-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Stacky on facebook : "Really want to turn the football over after seeing the ? in the yellow with the whistle!"

.Sean.
13-06-2012, 04:34 PM
He'll need an escort from the Polis if he ever referees at ER again. He's a cheat, of that i've no doubt.

****. Hopefully if a flare or the like is lobbed on the park tonight he picks it up and it goes off on him. Biased, corrupt Hearts ****er.

Mon Dieu4
13-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Having a decent game so far, its amazing he can be half decent when he has no alterier motive, makes me hate him all the more!!

snooky
13-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Having a decent game so far, its amazing he can be half decent when he has no alterier motive, makes me hate him all the more!!

I was hoping he'd have a good game because it shows he is perfectly capable thereby emphasises his blatant cheating abilities.

EdinMike
13-06-2012, 06:20 PM
To be fair to him, I thought he had an alright game.

Only emphasises he can be a good referee when he isn't being biased...

Golden Bear
13-06-2012, 06:29 PM

And confirms the fact that he is both biased and a cheat.

Kato
13-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Pretty much what was expected.