PDA

View Full Version : Rio Ferdinand left out by England

PJ IronHIbee
03-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Just an observation but am I right in thinking that the England coach decided against picking rio for his euro 2012 squad purely for football reasons (nothing to do with the alleged racism charge against jt )? If so, fair enough he is in charge and the man at the helm and if I was an engerlund fan, which I must add I'm not then I'd happy that he chose Cahill to partner jt in central defence. The thing that staggers me is how Roy has decided that Martin Kelly is his chosen replacement now that Cahill is injured. Fwiw I think this is the worst engerlund squad assembled for a major tournament(which worries me slightly):confused: But wouldn't we love to be in a position to leave a player of rio's quality out of a Scotland team, never mind a hibs team. GHTTH. COYI.
:pfgwa

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Just an observation but am I right in thinking that the England coach decided against picking rio for his euro 2012 squad purely for football reasons (nothing to do with the alleged racism charge against jt )? If so, fair enough he is in charge and the man at the helm and if I was an engerlund fan, which I must add I'm not then I'd happy that he chose Cahill to partner jt in central defence. The thing that staggers me is how Roy has decided that Martin Kelly is his chosen replacement now that Cahill is injured. Fwiw I think this is the worst engerlund squad assembled for a major tournament(which worries me slightly):confused: But wouldn't we love to be in a position to leave a player of rio's quality out of a Scotland team, never mind a hibs team. GHTTH. COYI.

I dont know the thinking behind this, but where i will agree is how England are poor.

I thought Belgium looked streets ahead football wise yesterday, apart from having no decent centre forward.

To be fair, they will rip potters team a new arse when we play them.

easty
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
How does Martin Kelly get in ahead of Micah Richards?

PJ IronHIbee
03-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Richards is injured. I think there would be more chance of Chris Hogg getting a call up before Ferdinand.

woodythehibee
03-06-2012, 07:26 PM

I read somewhere that Richards refused to go on standby and went on holiday unlike Kelly.

Andy74
03-06-2012, 07:27 PM

Rio Ferdinand is a racist?!?

HH81
03-06-2012, 07:33 PM
I agree with Roy and Kelly is a better footballer.

PJ IronHIbee
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM

Better footballer? No chance. Better defender? Not in my book

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
If Terry had got injured do you think Rio would've been called up?

HH81
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Better footballer? No chance. Better defender? Not in my book

I didn't need a book :wink:

I know JT gets a lot of stick and rightly so but RIO is just as big a clown :agree:

Pretty Boy
03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Rio was an absolutely top class defender in his heyday, however those days are behind him. Fergie said himself that Ferdinand would have to change his style to allow him to keep playing at the top level.

In saying that I though Ferdinand was outstanding.for large parts of the second half of last season. Micah Richards being left out of the original squad totally mystified me, a cracking player on his day. If the poster above that said he was injured is correct though that would explain it.

cabbageandribs1875
04-06-2012, 12:43 AM

if you're not an engerlund fan why are you worried about their p@shy squad :confused:

jgl07
04-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Rio was an absolutely top class defender in his heyday, however those days are behind him. Fergie said himself that Ferdinand would have to change his style to allow him to keep playing at the top level.

In saying that I though Ferdinand was outstanding.for large parts of the second half of last season. Micah Richards being left out of the original squad totally mystified me, a cracking player on his day. If the poster above that said he was injured is correct though that would explain it.

Richards is not carrying an injury. He declined to go on a 'reserve' list.

Leaving him out for Glen Johnson was a bad joke.

Then opting for Terry as opposed to Ferdinand was another mistake. Both are probaby over the top but it was bad judgement to keep Terry in the squad.

The whole thing descended into farce when Barry (defensive midfield) was replaced by Phil Jagielka (central defender). Now bringing in Jordan Henderson and Martin Kelly has given the impression that the lunatic has taken over the asylum. So a defensive midfielder is replaced by a central defender and then a central defender is replaced by a full back.

Five members of the terminally underachieving Liverpool squad are selected.

Woy seems to have lost the plot already.

VickMackie
04-06-2012, 06:17 AM
My first thought when Roy took Johnson over Richards that he was taking someone he liked from his Liverpool days.

lucky
04-06-2012, 06:29 AM
If you add in the 19 year old Birmingham reserve keeper he's called up this has the making of Berti Voltzs/ Ali McLeod style of international management. When they lose the 3 group games the press will demand his head

PeterboroHibee
04-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Im sure there are problems surrounding Richards, where he either has a bad attitude in training or doesnt take on the ideas of the manager. Given that Hodgsons style is all about drills and practice, its hardly surprising hes been left out.

As for Rio, as someone has said, he isnt what he used to be. Hes 33/34 now and has really suffered due to injuries in the last few years. Hodgson almost has a free pass for this tournament as nothing is expected of England, and its a great chance for him to bring in youngsters. Dont think Phil Jones looks great at RB, his strongest position is either CB or in midfield, so it makes sense to call up a RB in Kelly (even if he is inexperienced).

PJ IronHIbee
04-06-2012, 08:15 AM
if you're not an engerlund fan why are you worried about their p@shy squad :confused:

Purely a topical discussion. I personally feel Rio is being made a scapegoat for JT behaviour

Hibs On Tour
04-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Strip away the media frenzy *****. This past season Terry has been better than Ferdinand - endof. Clearly having them both in the squad would cause ruptions so you take the better player - Terry. No rocket science is it. Richards declined to go on the reserve list ala Carrick also. All being blown up into something far bigger than it is, not least by RF's spokesman shouting it from the rooftops and RF himself tweeting everywhere and bumping his gums virtually.

England's worst squad by some distance for at least the past 10 years, probably 20. That said, I have a wee sneaking feeling they'll maybe do better than everyone is expecting at Euro 2012. They certainly won't win it but I reckon perhaps 1/4's or semis if they get the rub of the green. Or they could get completely pumped - who knows...

grunt
04-06-2012, 10:26 AM
I have no thoughts about Rio's abilities as a player, but I don't think that him tweeting about being left out will boost his chances of getting back into the squad. Comes across as a spoiled kid.

PJ IronHIbee
04-06-2012, 10:45 PM

Tackle % 81% v 71%
pass completion 90% v 79%

I appreciate Rio is a poor man's James McPake but come off it. Kelly a better player than Ferdinand is a bold claim.

KeithTheHibby
05-06-2012, 12:17 PM
My initial thought when Kelly was called up was who? Not a word of a lie when I say I have never heard of the boy.

Ferdinand should be in the squad, played more games for Man U last season than he had down in previous years so his ommision is bizarre.

Jordan Henderson for Lampard too? Perhaps this is more down to the real lack of quality that Hodgson has to choose from more than anything.

Strikers are rank rotton too. Few decent games from Carroll sees him get a call up plus Danny Wellbeck? Don't make me laugh.

England won't get out of their group, every chance they will lose all 3 games.

PISTOL1875
05-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Rio should do himself a favour and retire form football full stop. Too slow in the EPL and left out at International level for a reason which is that he is finished..

THis summer England will be shown up for the average team that they really are.. An average team filled with average players..

easty
05-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Rio should do himself a favour and retire form football full stop.

Sniff sniff.....whats that I smell......oh aye.....bull ****.

PISTOL1875
05-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Sniff sniff.....whats that I smell......oh aye.....bull ****.

Another un-educated rag here.. Fergie will start with Vidic and Jones next season so rio will be bumped to the bench..

easty
05-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Another un-educated rag here.. Fergie will start with Vidic and Jones next season so rio will be bumped to the bench..

and even if that were fact, and not just a random thought you have, Man Utd subs...they're rubbish like....they should just give up on football.:rolleyes:

PJ IronHIbee
05-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Rio should do himself a favour and retire form football full stop. Too slow in the EPL and left out at International level for a reason which is that he is finished..

THis summer England will be shown up for the average team that they really are.. An average team filled with average players..

good players which ferdinand is get away with loseing a yard of pace. Does anyone remember a certain franck sauzee? What le god lacked in pace he made up with his football brain.

PISTOL1875
05-06-2012, 01:19 PM
good players which ferdinand is get away with loseing a yard of pace. Does anyone remember a certain franck sauzee? What le god lacked in pace he made up with his football brain.

Sauzee wasn't playing up against players like Rio is playing against was he ?? The guy pissed over the SPL due to it's lack of quality. The comparison's are null and void between Sauzee and Rio...

PISTOL1875
05-06-2012, 01:21 PM
and even if that were fact, and not just a random thought you have, Man Utd subs...they're rubbish like....they should just give up on football.:rolleyes:

Rio's days at the top level are numbered now.. Hence the fact he has been over-looked for the England squad , especially after all the call-offs they have had..

PJ IronHIbee
05-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Rio's days at the top level are numbered now.. Hence the fact he has been over-looked for the England squad , especially after all the call-offs they have had..

im glad it is now clear to one and all that its his football ability and nothing else that has kept him out the team. I right! Very good! Ps le god would have most of the so called superstars down south in his back pocket. Ggtth

sesoim
05-06-2012, 04:38 PM
im glad it is now clear to one and all that its his football ability and nothing else that has kept him out the team. I right! Very good! Ps le god would have most of the so called superstars down south in his back pocket. Ggtth

We all know it isn't just footballing ability that has kept Ferdinand out. It's also the fact that he is a spoilt baby, who, going by his latest behaviour, would probably damage the team spirit if included. Now, according to sources, he is implying that his treatment is an insult to all black people. That could just be paper talk, but if true, he is really stooping pretty low. He should just shut up and accept that he has had a pretty good run, especially considering some of his own behaviour in the past.

Hibs On Tour
05-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Richards is not carrying an injury. He declined to go on a 'reserve' list.

Leaving him out for Glen Johnson was a bad joke.

Then opting for Terry as opposed to Ferdinand was another mistake. Both are probaby over the top but it was bad judgement to keep Terry in the squad.

The whole thing descended into farce when Barry (defensive midfield) was replaced by Phil Jagielka (central defender). Now bringing in Jordan Henderson and Martin Kelly has given the impression that the lunatic has taken over the asylum. So a defensive midfielder is replaced by a central defender and then a central defender is replaced by a full back.

Five members of the terminally underachieving Liverpool squad are selected.

Woy seems to have lost the plot already.

Both in Opta's team of the year so hardly mistakes or bad jokes :wink:

Ferdinand has spent so much time up his own arse he is believing his own press - same as he has done since he decided not to take the drug test he got banned for... lad thinks he is better than he is and bigger than either his team or England. Obviously he's been left out because of a combination of doubts of his fitness for an intense competition with lots of games in a short period of time - which his own manager said was beyond him remember? - and that if he was in the squad it ****s any chance of squad unity right from the off. This isn't about whether RF or JT have the moral upper hand is it - its about whether RH picked the best squad to give England the best chance at Euro 2012. On that basis, taking JT who was better over the season and is less of a risk fitness-wise is good management. Johnson - who I'm far from a fan of incidentally, clearly did OK by the Opta stats reckoningand from those same stats gives them something more coming forward.

If RF wasn't greeting from the rooftops and getting his agent to do likewise about this like some big spoilt kid who thinks he should be allowed to pick the team himself, we wouldn't even be talking about it. Just another billy big bollocks player who thinks he's big-time ala joey fandan barton. ****ers should all be banned from Twitter lol

heretoday
05-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Is Aaron Lennon injured? It's just struck me that he's not in the England squad. I'd have thought he could be a match winner for them.

easty
05-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Both in Opta's team of the year so hardly mistakes or bad jokes :wink:

Ferdinand has spent so much time up his own arse he is believing his own press - same as he has done since he decided not to take the drug test he got banned for... lad thinks he is better than he is and bigger than either his team or England. Obviously he's been left out because of a combination of doubts of his fitness for an intense competition with lots of games in a short period of time - which his own manager said was beyond him remember? - and that if he was in the squad it ****s any chance of squad unity right from the off. This isn't about whether RF or JT have the moral upper hand is it - its about whether RH picked the best squad to give England the best chance at Euro 2012. On that basis, taking JT who was better over the season and is less of a risk fitness-wise is good management. Johnson - who I'm far from a fan of incidentally, clearly did OK by the Opta stats reckoningand from those same stats gives them something more coming forward.

If RF wasn't greeting from the rooftops and getting his agent to do likewise about this like some big spoilt kid who thinks he should be allowed to pick the team himself, we wouldn't even be talking about it. Just another billy big bollocks player who thinks he's big-time ala joey fandan barton. ****ers should all be banned from Twitter lol

you mean this...the 2011/2012 Opta Premier Team of the year? that neither of those players got in?

http://www.eplindex.com/14787/premier-league-team-year-1112-opta-stats-part-3-strikers.html

The bit in bold shows how much crap you're talking. Rio Ferdinand is one of the best defenders of his generation. I'm not a Man Utd fan at all by the way, just a football fan.

easty
05-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Is Aaron Lennon injured? It's just struck me that he's not in the England squad. I'd have thought he could be a match winner for them.

On a good day Lennon is good to watch and can trouble any defender, but it's a position England arent short of decent players, if they take Walcott, Young and Downing, they can't really take Lennon as well.

I prefer Lennon to Downing though.

SquashedFrogg
05-06-2012, 07:06 PM
My initial thought when Kelly was called up was who? Not a word of a lie when I say I have never heard of the boy.

Ferdinand should be in the squad, played more games for Man U last season than he had down in previous years so his ommision is bizarre.

Jordan Henderson for Lampard too? Perhaps this is more down to the real lack of quality that Hodgson has to choose from more than anything.

Strikers are rank rotton too. Few decent games from Carroll sees him get a call up plus Danny Wellbeck? Don't make me laugh.

England won't get out of their group, every chance they will lose all 3 games.

Agree

Defoe? Da***? Maybe Woy is a Scot like me who'd do anything for them not to win? :greengrin

Apologies for any sweary words used ...

Haymaker
06-06-2012, 02:34 AM

Aaron Lennon is balls, he has pace but his final delivery is terrible. Never been worried when he gets on the ball.

1Eddie_Turnbull
06-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Up until a couple of years ago Ferdinand was one of, if not the, best defender in the world. He's still one of the best in the Prem and even if you can't bring yourself to agree with that anyone who'd suggest he's not in the top 3 English centre halves is having a laugh. Football reasons? Aye right Roy!

hibsbollah
07-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Rio was mostly excellent later on in the season for manyoo. Its a perplexing ommision to say the least.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2012, 09:18 AM
What i dont understand is why Hodgson came out with the statement he decided to leave Ferdinand out for football reasons?

What other reasons did he consider? :confused:

JimBHibees
07-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Aaron Lennon is balls, he has pace but his final delivery is terrible. Never been worried when he gets on the ball.

Is his final ball any worse than Walcott's? Personally think Oxade-Chamberlin is better than both.

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2012, 09:28 AM
What i dont understand is why Hodgson came out with the statement he decided to leave Ferdinand out for football reasons?

What other reasons did he consider? :confused:

Just Woy trying to get in first before he was accused of another agenda regrding Terry, backfired I think.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Is his final ball any worse than Walcott's? Personally think Oxade-Chamberlin is better than both.

I have watched a bit of this lad Chamberlin this season, albeit on the telly. He's a decent player, still young though.

I cant help thinking he's the next in line for the English media to over hype into world class, only to see him slaughtered by the very same people sooner rather than later?

PeterboroHibee
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Rio was mostly excellent later on in the season for manyoo. Its a perplexing ommision to say the least.

It isnt really, Fergie has already said that Ferdinand cant manage so many games in a short period of time due to his injury problems. Hes also not played a lot of international football in the last few years and is 33. All the English fans and media were crying for a younger squad after the WC and when Hodgson actually does it, people question why the likes of Rio isnt in the squad?

easty
07-06-2012, 11:51 AM
It isnt really, Fergie has already said that Ferdinand cant manage so many games in a short period of time due to his injury problems. Hes also not played a lot of international football in the last few years and is 33. All the English fans and media were crying for a younger squad after the WC and when Hodgson actually does it, people question why the likes of Rio isnt in the squad?

If Hodgson left him out for that reason, then that's what he would have said. Instead of a the general "football reasons" load of bollocks that's been reported.

Rio is being punished for Terrys racism. Simple as that.

Phil Jones is in the squad....a good player, no doubt, but a player who gets played at right back or in midfield by Alex Ferguson while Ferdinand plays at centre half. Where will England use him? Surely not right back, seeing as they have Glen Johnson and Martin Kelly called up now. Midfield ahead of Parker? Unlikely. If Jones plays he'll be at centre half, a position where he is often not played at club level, because of Ferdinand.

JimBHibees
07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I have watched a bit of this lad Chamberlin this season, albeit on the telly. He's a decent player, still young though.

I cant help thinking he's the next in line for the English media to over hype into world class, only to see him slaughtered by the very same people sooner rather than later?

You might be right if he scores in the Euros he will immediately be the best player on the planet. :greengrin

He is young but think he is a much better player than say Walcott who is very quick but appears to lack basic football ability and knowledge.

JimBHibees
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
If Hodgson left him out for that reason, then that's what he would have said. Instead of a the general "football reasons" load of bollocks that's been reported.

Phil Jones is in the squad....a good player, no doubt, but a player who gets played at right back or in midfield by Alex Ferguson while Ferdinand plays at centre half. Where will England use him? Surely not right back, seeing as they have Glen Johnson and Martin Kelly called up now. Midfield ahead of Parker? Unlikely. If Jones plays he'll be at centre half, a position where he is often not played at club level, because of Ferdinand.

Surely football reasons would include an issue over his fitness and playing a number of games in a short time. Ferguson even admitted this earlier in the season mentioning that Rio couldnt play as much due to injury and also had to change the way he played due to it. Surprised this is being made as much of as it is to be honest. Certainly isnt helped by someone like Sol Campbell coming out with the nonsense he is. Sounds like the tabloid media who by the way were ripping Hodgson the day after he was appointed are already building the platform for a public hanging of Hodgson if England fail to win the tournament.

Leicester Fan
07-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Nice to see all you'll all be following the lads in the Euros:wink:

Woy's been in charge for less than a month, played 2 ,won 2, non conceded.Managers should be allowed to manage, if he thinks Rio will poison the atmosphere in the camp then he has the right to exclude him.

Haymaker
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM

Yes. Personally I think Walcott could be a decent player if he wasn't played on the wing. If he played in a system that used his pace more, say being that second striker to a big fella whos sole purpose is to flick the ball behind a defense. Walcott isn't a bad finisher and as others have said he lacks obvious football knowledge that even Wenger can't instill in him. Basically he should move to West Ham, he would be great under Fat Sam!

Lennon on the other hand is blinkered to running to the byline and not connecting anything.

PeterboroHibee
07-06-2012, 12:32 PM

Surely injuries and a lack of fitness fall exactly under footballing reasons? Hodgson has said its for footballing reasons, why should he have to justify it any further? I cant comment RE Rio being punished for what Terry has done as I couldnt possibly say if thats true. I personally dont think Terry should be allowed anywhere near an England team, he is an awful role model and causes nothing but bother, but it was Hodgsons decision...

As for Jones, could it not be argued that its down to a complete lack of depth in Man Utds squad and his own versatility (something which will be hugely favoured going to a tournament) that means he plays in so many positions? They dont have many options in midfield, and with Smalling getting injured and Rafael being a bit of a bombscare, hes had to play Jones at RB. If it came down to a choice between Ferdinand and Jones, whilst Ferdinand is a better CB, Jones can play in multiple positions, isnt injury prone, is younger and if called upon, could play in every game.

JimBHibees
07-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Surely injuries and a lack of fitness fall exactly under footballing reasons? Hodgson has said its for footballing reasons, why should he have to justify it any further? I cant comment RE Rio being punished for what Terry has done as I couldnt possibly say if thats true. I personally dont think Terry should be allowed anywhere near an England team, he is an awful role model and causes nothing but bother, but it was Hodgsons decision...

As for Jones, could it not be argued that its down to a complete lack of depth in Man Utds squad and his own versatility (something which will be hugely favoured going to a tournament) that means he plays in so many positions? They dont have many options in midfield, and with Smalling getting injured and Rafael being a bit of a bombscare, hes had to play Jones at RB. If it came down to a choice between Ferdinand and Jones, whilst Ferdinand is a better CB, Jones can play in multiple positions, isnt injury prone, is younger and if called upon, could play in every game.

Agree with that.

JimBHibees
07-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Yes. Personally I think Walcott could be a decent player if he wasn't played on the wing. If he played in a system that used his pace more, say being that second striker to a big fella whos sole purpose is to flick the ball behind a defense. Walcott isn't a bad finisher and as others have said he lacks obvious football knowledge that even Wenger can't instill in him. Basically he should move to West Ham, he would be great under Fat Sam!

Lennon on the other hand is blinkered to running to the byline and not connecting anything.

I think Walcott has been tried through the middle and his lack of football knowledge meant he was pretty poor. I am not saying Lennon is better however purely saying Walcott aint great unless England are leading and the other team are going for it his pace could be useful on the break. He also seems to have developed a bit of an attitude in the last season which I havent seen before and wasnt impressed with it.

Hibs On Tour
07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
you mean this...the 2011/2012 Opta Premier Team of the year? that neither of those players got in?

http://www.eplindex.com/14787/premier-league-team-year-1112-opta-stats-part-3-strikers.html

The bit in bold shows how much crap you're talking. Rio Ferdinand is one of the best defenders of his generation. I'm not a Man Utd fan at all by the way, just a football fan.

LOL turns out the link I glanced at was for a previous season - so sue me.

Opinions eh? I'm far too polite to suggest that what you're talking is "crap", even though I do think that. Maybe I just have more manners son... ;) For my money, Rio is a good defender but certainly not *currently* one of the best around. 3/4 years ago perhaps and certainly not one of the best of his generation. I ain't got no axe to grind with RF as I don't know the lad from Adam but it seems to me that *any* player who prefers to do their talking via Twitter, who clearly tries to dodge a drugs test then greets when banned for doing so and then acts like the national team manager owes him an apology for not picking him is acting like a billy big bollocks. Even a player who wasn't injury prone and was at the top of their game should get slapped down for acting like that IMO. Part and parcel of what is making our game so ***** IMO.

Hibernia&Alba
07-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Rio isn't the player he once was, but he's still good enough to walk into a very average England side.

The real scandal for me is the leaving out of Michael Carrick for the likes of Barry and Henderson. He is one of the few really cultured players in the English game and had a brilliant season. Bizarre decision.

HH81
07-06-2012, 05:52 PM
I would have left that idiot Rooney at home too given his tackle that got him banned.

Barry played for the champions so you had to take him.

Hopefully Rio will never miss another drugs test.

HH81
07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Ps I think that Jones is a joke of a player give ball away 88% of the time. If he plays they will lose first 2 games.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Ps I think that Jones is a joke of a player give ball away 88% of the time. If he plays they will lose first 2 games.

I hope you are right. :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
07-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I would have left that idiot Rooney at home too given his tackle that got him banned.

Barry played for the champions so you had to take him.

Hopefully Rio will never miss another drugs test.

What kind of logic is that? His merit as a player is what matters, not his club side.

Such views just make you sound very bitter towards everything Manchester United, HH. Carrick is a far better player than Barry.

HH81
07-06-2012, 06:23 PM
What kind of logic is that? His merit as a player is what matters, not his club side.

Such views just make you sound very bitter towards everything Manchester United, HH. Carrick is a far better player than Barry.

Barry started 4 (34 Total) more games than Carrick and was also sent off once, Are you saying he would have played every game for Man City :confused:

Carrick wouldn't get in the Man City team and I guess old Roy picked Barry instead for a reason :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
07-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Barry started 4 (34 Total) more games than Carrick and was also sent off once, Are you saying he would have played every game for Man City :confused:

Carrick wouldn't get in the Man City team and I guess old Roy picked Barry instead for a reason :agree:

I totally disagree. Barry is a workhorse, and a very mediocre footballer. Carrick is the type of player British football needs - great on the ball, can pick a pass from forty yards, intelligent. Compare the club medals of the two, if you want to reduce it to club football. Barry would never get in the Man United team, that's the truth. No chance when Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Giggs, Anderson, and now Kagawa are trying to play in his position.

HH81
07-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I totally disagree. Barry is a workhorse, and a very mediocre footballer. Carrick is the type of player British football needs - great on the ball, can pick a pass from forty yards, intelligent. Compare the club medals of the two, if you want to reduce it to club football. Barry would never get in the Man United team, that's the truth. No chance when Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley, Giggs, Anderson, and now Kagawa are trying to play in his position.

Scholes and Giggs are over the hill
Fletcher finished due to injury
Carrick average
Cleverley - who is he?
Anderson :confused: Has he had a good game before?
Kagawa never heard of him

HibbyAndy
07-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Now we know why Redknapp never got the England gig..

easty
07-06-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm sure I read, or saw on sky, that nobody has played more games for England in the last 5 years than Gareth Barry. Personally I think Carrick is better but Barry is certainly a good player, probably works harder than Carrick does.

hibsbollah
07-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Now we know why Redknapp never got the England gig..

He has a brother racially abused by John Terry? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-06-2012, 09:24 PM
He has a brother racially abused by John Terry? :greengrin

:greengrin

Cause droopy dug face would defo have taken RF to the Euros:agree: