PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks on...........

theonlywayisup
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
..........I am still pretty disappointed by our teams lack of fight!

We have lost the biggest derby ever 5-1. Our last time at Hampden against them we lost 4-0. They are on a run of 10 games without a loss against us, to add to their run of 16 and 22 games without a loss.

I am really p'ed off by our poor record against them.

To be honest, I think our objective for the season to come has to be to win every game against them, whether that be 3 games, 4 games or more if we meet them in the cup. We have to start winning the derby. I almost could not care about the other games, I only want to win the derby. We, as fans. deserve it!

Think back to the bad bad season we have just had. We finished 19 points behind them. Well if they lost the three derbies, instead of winning them, they would have had 43 points instead of 52. We would have had 42 points instead of 33. I would take being one point behind them, if it meant winning all three derbies.

And I tell you what, I want to win every derby for the next three seasons to take away the pain from two weeks ago. We have to start winning the derby, I could not care about the rest!

Anyone wishing to agree / disagree?

Iggy Pope
02-06-2012, 08:53 PM

We have lost the biggest derby ever 5-1. Our last time at Hampden against them we lost 4-0. They are on a run of 10 games without a loss against us, to add to their run of 16 and 22 games without a loss.

To be honest, I think our objective for the season to come has to be to win every game against them, whether that be 3 games, 4 games or more if we meet them in the cup. We have to start winning the derby. I almost could not care about the other games, I only want to win the derby. We, as fans. deserve it!

Think back to the bad bad season we have just had. We finished 19 points behind them. Well if they lost the three derbies, instead of winning them, they would have had 43 points instead of 52. We would have had 42 points instead of 33. I would take being one point behind them, if it meant winning all three derbies.
And I tell you what, I want to win every derby for the next three seasons to take away the pain from two weeks ago. We have to start winning the derby, I could not care about the rest!

Away ya bollox!

theonlywayisup
02-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Away ya bollox!

Care to expand on that comment - if Hertz finished 8th and us 9th separated by 1 point, but Hibs won all three derbies out of three, you would not have been happy.

I can understand if it was the difference between 2nd or 3rd - yes, but it is not. I would happily take one point behind them if it meant winning all three derbies. We have to start winning the derbies.

Joe's ice cream
02-06-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm really peed off with people like you tbh

theonlywayisup
02-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm really peed off with people like you tbh

Care to elaborate!

Shock horror - football fan wants his team to win all the derbies!

Iggy Pope
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Care to expand on that comment - if Hertz finished 8th and us 9th separated by 1 point, but Hibs won all three derbies out of three, you would not have been happy.

I can understand if it was the difference between 2nd or 3rd - yes, but it is not. I would happily take one point behind them if it meant winning all three derbies. We have to start winning the derbies.

It is not. It's not any of the above is it? What if it was the difference between 11th and 12th? Are you fixated with them? Try not to be.

Sir David Gray
02-06-2012, 09:09 PM

If they finished 8th and we finished 9th, there would be 4 derbies.

Iggy Pope
02-06-2012, 09:10 PM

If they finished 8th and we finished 9th, there would be 4 derbies.

See what you've started TOWIU?

H18sry
02-06-2012, 09:12 PM
:wink:

theonlywayisup
02-06-2012, 09:14 PM
It is not. It's not any of the above is it? What if it was the difference between 11th and 12th? Are you fixated with them? Try not to be.

Sorry, don't understand what you are saying, sorry!

I am not fixated with them. I just want my team to start winning the derby! And if I was a leader of my team, I would set them the objective to win all games against them. Ok, we might not win them all, but lets set a stretch target for the team.

Joe's ice cream
02-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Just why bother getting hung up on it all, I'm over 20 years a season ticket holder and really get hacked at there record against us, but its on the pitch thing's Will change, not moaning about it on here

theonlywayisup
02-06-2012, 09:16 PM
:wink:

........and your point is?

Iggy Pope
02-06-2012, 09:19 PM

I am not fixated with them. I just want my team to start winning the derby! And if I was a leader of my team, I would set them the objective to win all games against them. Ok, we might not win them all, but lets set a stretch target for the team.

No need to apologise unless you've something to be really sorry about? Night night.

theonlywayisup
02-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Just why bother getting hung up on it all, I'm over 20 years a season ticket holder and really get hacked at there record against us, but its on the pitch thing's Will change, not moaning about it on here

You do understand what a fans forum is! 'Moaning' is such a negative word..........my comments were to look to a more positive future. Oh, well..........

FitbaFolkKen
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I just want 11 players that are proud to wear the green, couldn't give a flying one about the yams!!

theonlywayisup
02-06-2012, 09:22 PM
No need to apologise unless you've something to be really sorry about? Night night.

Sorry.....don't understand what you are saying!

ronaldo7
02-06-2012, 10:12 PM

See that invisible cloak that you had............It just slipped:aok:

chrisski33
02-06-2012, 10:25 PM
couldnt give a toss about "them" but want to finish above them in the league and want to see us perform all the time and not just against them! our time will come and it will come good!

S.sct
02-06-2012, 10:26 PM
The tide will turn and sooner than you think......

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Wind em up reel em in...

Will you be back on a weekly basis to check how we are ?
As I said to my yam acquaintance thanks for caring.

Hibs are not defined by one result against the Yams.

ehf
03-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Two weeks on and we were still robbed by that cheating rotter Thomson.

theonlywayisup
03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
See that invisible cloak that you had............It just slipped:aok:

Wind em up reel em in...

Will you be back on a weekly basis to check how we are ?
As I said to my yam acquaintance thanks for caring.

Hibs are not defined by one result against the Yams.

So it is the old "low number of post............I don't agree with what is being said..........must be a Yam" routine.

Not in my case. ST for ten seasons, for me and my boys. Go to my share of away games, but only once to ICT this season. Shareholder for the last four years and been to the last three AGM's. Spend about a £1,000 on average supporting my team.

All I am asking is for my team to get on the pitch and beat them! Ask yourself, over the last twenty seasons how many have we a) finished above them and b) had a better record than them in the derbies for that season. I don't need to look up the statistics to tell you not often.

However, if we had won more of the derbies, we might have finished above them more often and, if not, well at least we would have had the satisfaction on winning the derbies.

Hibs are not defined by one result against the Yams. Too true, who cares what the yams do! But, if I am not going to see my team win loads of trophies or even finish "best of the rest" and qualify for Europe, the next objectives has be to win the derbies. All I am asking is for my team to get on the pitch and beat the Yams, maybe then the other of our season's objectives may become a reality.

Shock horror - Hibs fan wants his team to win more derbies is accussed by Hibs.net as a Yam.

joe breezy
03-06-2012, 08:33 AM
It strangely feels longer than 2 weeks ago to me...

Man up and get real, don't be too disappointed by some people kicking a ball aboot

munchar
03-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Care to elaborate!

Shock horror - football fan wants his team to win all the derbies!

Im 50/50 here.

I, like 99.999% of Hibbys, dont give a flying one what that mob do.
But like you, and i cant believe ANY Hibby feels differently, i go into a depressive dark state of mind (for a few hours), every time we get pumped by them.
How ANY Hibby doesnt feel the pain of our horrendous derby record is beyond me.

alexhibs
03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Im 50/50 here.

I, like 99.999% of Hibbys, dont give a flying one what that mob do.
But like you, and i cant believe ANY Hibby feels differently, i go into a depressive dark state of mind (for a few hours), every time we get pumped by them.
How ANY Hibby doesnt feel the pain of our horrendous derby record is beyond me.

Its always hard to take getting beat by them but if we were winning our fair share against them instead of being on a winless streak I'm sure we could be able to suffer it more easily. The thing is now we, well myself anyway, go into a derby home or away thinking we aint gonna win, I know its negative but after years of it, unfortunately its natural to think this way!!!

No matter what players, managers we have it doesn't seem to matter, oh how I dream of an unbeaten run of 23 against them.

:flag:

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm over it, dont even think about it now. I deleted it from my recorder after watching the penalty/sending off, and dont have any reason to watch it again.

I have never seen a yam in all my years of living in Blackpool, so dont have to take any stick.

Onwards and upwards. :hibees

ronaldo7
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=theonlywayisup;3253197]So it is the old "low number of post............I don't agree with what is being said..........must be a Yam" routine.

Not in my case. ST for ten seasons, for me and my boys. Go to my share of away games, but only once to ICT this season. Shareholder for the last four years and been to the last three AGM's. Spend about a £1,000 on average supporting my team.

All I am asking is for my team to get on the pitch and beat them! Ask yourself, over the last twenty seasons how many have we a) finished above them and b) had a better record than them in the derbies for that season. I don't need to look up the statistics to tell you not often.

However, if we had won more of the derbies, we might have finished above them more often and, if not, well at least we would have had the satisfaction on winning the derbies.

Hibs are not defined by one result against the Yams. Too true, who cares what the yams do! But, if I am not going to see my team win loads of trophies or even finish "best of the rest" and qualify for Europe, the next objectives has be to win the derbies. All I am asking is for my team to get on the pitch and beat the Yams, maybe then the other of our season's objectives may become a reality.

Shock horror - Hibs fan wants his team to win more derbies is accussed by Hibs.net as a Yam.[/QUOTe

I couldnae give a flying one if you're a yam or no. I just thought you had a magic wand along with your cloak harry.

Pretty Boy
03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm over the Scottish Cup loss, it happened, it was garbage, we move on.

Hopefully its been a wake up call and we see a real drive over the summer to put a winning team on the park.

As for winning derbies, its nice but I'm not obsessed by it. If we had real success in other areas eg cup wins, European qualification etc then I wouldn't really care if we lost all the derbies in a season.

basehibby
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM

Don't understand why some on here are calling you a Yam etc. because I'm pretty much with you. Our derby record is absolutely ****ing dreadful and I would dearly love to see it turned on it's head.

Derbys may not be the be all and end all but they ARE important to Hibs. I would wager that if we won every derby for the next three seasons we would see our attendances rise significantly as a result - even if league form was otherwise indifferent - so those trying to make out that they don't really matter are talking nonsense IMO.

Of course, the importance of winning the derbys does have to be balanced against the folly of trying to compete with the suicidal wage bills indulged in accross the city for the last 7 years and more, but I agree that the lack of fight displayed at Hamden was disappointing as much as it was mystefying - even if we had a bunch of loanees playing against 12 men at Hamden, there were cup winners medals at stake FFS!

Things are at last changing on the budget front though with Romanov taking a hatchet to the Jambos squad this close season in an effort to trim their ridiculous wage bill. I hope that Petrie et al see this for the opportunity that it is to close the gap on the Yams and start gubbing them in derbys again - I agree that they are important games and I would put extra incentives in place for the squad if they won - and also consider horsewhipping the lot of em if we lost :greengrin

basehibby
03-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Its always hard to take getting beat by them but if we were winning our fair share against them instead of being on a winless streak I'm sure we could be able to suffer it more easily. The thing is now we, well myself anyway, go into a derby home or away thinking we aint gonna win, I know its negative but after years of it, unfortunately its natural to think this way!!!

No matter what players, managers we have it doesn't seem to matter, oh how I dream of an unbeaten run of 23 against them.

:flag:

Disagree with the bit in bold - when we've had decent sides with enough quality like those put out by McLeish and Mowbray for instance, our derby record has been good. Sure they've had huge slices of luck along the way during those unbeaten runs, but that has generally been against a background of over-spending on their part. Hopefully one day soon it all comes back to bite them on the erse - and hopefully Hibs will be suitably positioned to punish them relentlessly when that day comes.

silverhibee
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm over it, dont even think about it now. I deleted it from my recorder after watching the penalty/sending off, and dont have any reason to watch it again.

I have never seen a yam in all my years of living in Blackpool, so dont have to take any stick.

Onwards and upwards. :hibees

Can i come stay in Blackpool because i seem to be surrounded by the mutants and the first one to try and wind me up may be getting fed through a straw for the next few months, i still can't get over it BH, i need therapy to get over it, i have no interest in watching football just now, i need that game wiped clean out of my memory.

I keep saying it, but what a bleeping embarrassment that day was. :agree:

alexhibs
03-06-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm over the Scottish Cup loss, it happened, it was garbage, we move on.

Hopefully its been a wake up call and we see a real drive over the summer to put a winning team on the park.

As for winning derbies, its nice but I'm not obsessed by it. If we had real success in other areas eg cup wins, European qualification etc then I wouldn't really care if we lost all the derbies in a season.

Wake up call!!!! Surely the ganting football we played all season has woke up petrie ffs, almost relegated, real drive over summer? Like we do every summer then p**h

alexhibs
03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Disagree with the bit in bold - when we've had decent sides with enough quality like those put out by McLeish and Mowbray for instance, our derby record has been good. Sure they've had huge slices of luck along the way during those unbeaten runs, but that has generally been against a background of over-spending on their part. Hopefully one day soon it all comes back to bite them on the erse - and hopefully Hibs will be suitably positioned to punish them relentlessly when that day comes.

Aye ah know we had some good results against them but lets be honest they have ruled the derbies, as much as it pains me to say, ah don't believe some of the posts about not caring about derbies, its one of the biggest games we have, lets face it apart from cup finals it is the biggest games o the season.

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Can i come stay in Blackpool because i seem to be surrounded by the mutants and the first one to try and wind me up may be getting fed through a straw for the next few months, i still can't get over it BH, i need therapy to get over it, i have no interest in watching football just now, i need that game wiped clean out of my memory.

Staying in this ****hole does have its advantages. :greengrin I dare say if i still stayed in Edinburgh, i could very well have been in a few scrapes, as my temper would surely have snapped. :agree:

Distance can work, since moving to Blackpool, only ever met one mutant in over 16 years , and he was down watching Hibs. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
03-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Is it me, or are so-called undercover yams getting more obvious? :dunno:

tamig
03-06-2012, 06:32 PM

You sound like one of them. They only care about beating us. Nothing else.

alexhibs
03-06-2012, 07:12 PM
You sound like one of them. They only care about beating us. Nothing else.
Its about having a team that can, on their day, beat anyone in the spl and as an added bonus beat hertz as often as we can coz its gonna be a long time untill we get this monkey off our back

erin go bragh
03-06-2012, 08:12 PM

I feel your pain silver ,but that lot have been paying over inflated wages that they cant afford for going on 7 seasons , revenge is a dish best served cold , wait and see what happens when vlad walks away .
ggtth

bubblesmorrison
04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Two weeks on and am still waking up in the night having had a nightmare flash backs of the cup final

Phil D. Rolls
04-06-2012, 11:32 AM
FFS will somebody open a window, because I smell something, and there's only one thing it could be.

Dinkydoo
04-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Its about having a team that can, on their day, beat anyone in the spl and as an added bonus beat hertz as often as we can coz its gonna be a long time untill we get this monkey off our back

It was one game, I'm sure everyone will get over it soon enough.

At least it wasn't 7 - 0 :yw:

cabbageandribs1875
04-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Is it me, or are so-called undercover yams getting more obvious? :dunno:

no, it's not just you :wink:

RIP
04-06-2012, 12:10 PM
We've been turning over managers faster than Vlad, rotating players faster that McDonald's burgers, refused to win a weekend home game for 15 months, nearly got relegated, worst disciplinary record in the SPL (on and off the park) and played most of the season with one half of the team putting in a shift and the other half running away from both ball and tackles

Yet somehow we managed a Scottish cup run

I would have bet my shirt on getting gubbed in the final and finishing with ten men. Sadly it was the most predictable rersult of the season

We need to do a heck of a lot of work to turn the club around before I'll be confident of a victory over a top six team again, let alone the Yams

More bottle on the park and on the terracing would be a start

jgl07
07-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Funnily enough two weeks turns out to be the incubation period for the Legionella bacterium.

The press seem to be suggesting that the legionnaires disease infection was spread amongst those who attended the Hearts' parade.

This seems to suggest that supporting Hearts can endanger your health.

Sunny1875
07-06-2012, 08:10 PM
It was one game, I'm sure everyone will get over it soon enough.

At least it wasn't 7 - 0 :yw:

And at it was not at our own hoose

08-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Hearts are obsessed with us, they wouldn't care if they finished 11th just as long as we finished 12th. Its sad that they hate us more than they love their own club, so please lets not be the same way. I agree that we do need to focus more on beating hearts because our record against them is just embarrassing and we need to restore some pride and not be constantly humiliated by our biggest rivals but it shouldn't be the the most important goal of our season and unlike hearts we shouldn't be so obsessed with one team. We need to start winning more games in general, finishing 11th is an absolute disgrace.

We need to be tougher in derbies and the attitude in them does defiantly does need to change. Even with decent hibs sides, we just always seem to let hearts trample over us and bully us. In the cup final, Stevenson tiptoed around Black the whole game, absolutely terrified to get stuck in, therefore Black had absolutely acres of space and was allowed to do exactly what he wanted. When Stevenson did tackle him, he got up and shook Blacks hand ffs! If that had been the other way around, Black would have got right in his face. This nicey nicey attitude needs to change. Hearts are a horrible side but its because of that arrogance and nastiness that they win derbies. We, on the other hand, try to be everyones friend and are too scared to get tough, get in peoples faces etc. I don't mean get in peoples faces in the sense of picking fights and being thuggish but just start to stand up for ourselves and be a bit more intimidating.

After hearing Fenlons interview after the final, its clear that he is aware of the attitude in the dressing room and I trust that he can change it. Only time will tell though!

theonlywayisup
08-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Hearts are obsessed with us, they wouldn't care if they finished 11th just as long as we finished 12th.

Say it enough times and it becomes fact!

All I am saying is that we need to enter these games with no fear and win the derbies! And because of the pain that we have suffered, I would be setting an objective of winning every single one of them! I don't see what the problem in saying that! It is almost as Hibs fans have built a "I'm not worried about getting beat by them" shield to deflect the pain. Well I'm still hurting. Something has to change!

Objectives for the season:
Win the league - unlikely!
Win a cup - possible but history shows doesn't happen often
Finish as high up the league as possible - hopefully at least third but unlikely with team we have
Finish above Hertz - possible as we don't know what the teams will look like in the season to come
Win all the derbies - ditto

So in my logic if we win all the derbies, we have three or four very happy days and will most likely will finish above them. Lose the derbies and it is likely that they will be above us. It is not rocket science, when we have beaten them more than us in a season, we usually finish above them.

HibsMax
08-06-2012, 03:21 PM

I am disappointed in our performance as a whole but I stand by my original assessment that the game, as a contest, was over right after the 2nd half started. 10 men and 2 goals down made it a very difficult afternoon.

I don't care about the head to head record with Hearts because Hibs are not defined by our results against them. YES, we should be beating them, or at least putting up a fight, but I would happily lose every game in a season against Hearts if it meant that we qualified for Europe and won some silverware.

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Whilst I'd like to say I'm over the cup final, I'd be lying if I did. It still hurts like hell. Next season must see redemption from Hibs. The derby record is an utter disgrace and we'd better compete against that mob next term. We need a team that's up for the fight; that isn't beaten before a ball is kicked. I'm sicking of them getting it up us every single time. The cup final was lowest point of all, and wee Pat must ensure there is a sea change from now on against Hearts and every other team. Last season was miles short of the required standard.

FifeeHibee
08-06-2012, 08:50 PM

:rolleyes:Hibs do try to win derbies. It's well nigh impossible though when they're allowed to bring their own 12th man. He's normally wearing very dark maroon (almost black) and he changes the rules of football as he goes along...

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
:rolleyes:Hibs do try to win derbies. It's well nigh impossible though when they're allowed to bring their own 12th man. He's normally wearing very dark maroon (almost black) and he changes the rules of football as he goes along...

We can't just blame referees, mate. They were miles better than us in every derby last season and we rolled over. Things must be different next season. We must at least give them a contest.

theonlywayisup
12-05-2013, 07:23 PM

Well.......two wins and three draws from this season is great. Feels good having the upper hand, doesn't it. Let's build on this next season.

Onion
12-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Well.......two wins and three draws from this season is great. Feels good having the upper hand, doesn't it. Let's build on this next season.

Feels good just to have a team that give a **** :thumbsup:

Dinkydoo
12-05-2013, 09:59 PM
A big mistake by Maybury and Griffiths' free kick that "didn't count" are the only things stopping us from having 4 derby wins this season.

Massive improvement.

jabis
12-05-2013, 11:17 PM

my God.....are you still here :confused:

theonlywayisup
13-05-2013, 11:22 AM
my God.....are you still here :confused:

:confused: why shouldn't I be.