PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Historical Trust/Leith Festival - Stadium Tour - Sunday 10/6/2012

Conrad Gray
02-06-2012, 06:03 PM
On Sunday 10th June 2012, the Hibernian Historical Trust will be hosting stadium tours as part of the Leith Festival.

The tours will be in the West Stand and will run every half hour from 1330 until the last one at 1530.

The tours are free of charge and will include the display area, changing rooms, boardroom and directors box.

It is requested that children under the age of 12 are accompanied by an adult.

There is no booking arrangement, just turn up on the day.

Please send me a PM if you have any queries.

Conrad Gray
04-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Any chance of a sticky for this?

jgl07
04-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Any chance of a sticky for this?

Indeed!

plhibs
05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Might take advantege of this, i arrive on Saturday for two weeks holiday. I'm renting a flat at the harbour any suggestions on a good pub to catch some of the Euro games.

HibbyAndy
05-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Hink its aboot time i had anar tour round Easter rd:agree:

monktonharp
06-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm gaun to 2 different weddings this w/end (frid/sat) but sounds like a good way to finish things off, if I can get up. will contact a few of our branch stalwarts, to see if the fancy the tour, before a wee wander round the Leith area.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Fantastic collection including Gordon Smiths medals and tops and piccies to mention but a few.

Well worth a visit as a great number Of other Hibees thought.
The support still out there absorbing all things Hibernian despite the recent event.

Thanks to all at the trust for organising and briniging the tour to life!

One comment (I know it wasn't the main thing as it was free and part of the Leith festival) but maybe just a few more opportunities to make a donation esp on the way out. I'll check out the website to see if I can make a donation online for a great cause

Sherlock Jones
10-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Enjoyed the tour very much and it was incredibly popular amongst fellow Hibees of all ages - the place was packed with various tour parties.

The guides were first class dealing with such large numbers and were enthusiastic, informing and entertaining.

Highlights for me were the Gordon Smith and Harry Swan collections - fantastic.

:flag:

Hibby_Paul
10-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Went along and really enjoyed the tour. Good turnout too it looked like.

Some excellent items on show that the historical trust has obtained. Well done all involved.

Eckie
10-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Had a great afternoon on the tour, lots of people taking advantage of the chance to see behind the scenes of our club, very interesting and well run by the historical trust. Good work done by everyone involved.

hibbymark
10-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Really enjoyed seeing behind the scenes but the best part for me was walking out the tunnel.What a feeling!:thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
10-06-2012, 06:17 PM
For a great event today, tours of ER round the boardroom, changing rooms and out onto the pitch and a talk through some great exhibits !!

fat freddy
10-06-2012, 06:39 PM
the things we learnt today that we didn't know before...i'll go first cos its my game..

hibs turn up the temperature in the visiting changing room to make our opponents tired

tony mowbray used to leave jelly babies lying around in bowls on match days to give the players a sugar rush

yogi had a ghetto blaster playing crap music before matches

clubs bring their own water in case we poison them

lawrie reilly's boots had wooden studs

gordon hunter has tiny feet....

JustSimplyHibs
10-06-2012, 07:03 PM
the things we learnt today that we didn't know before...i'll go first cos its my game..

hibs turn up the temperature in the visiting changing room to make our opponents tired

tony mowbray used to leave jelly babies lying around in bowls on match days to give the players a sugar rush

yogi had a ghetto blaster playing crap music before matches

clubs bring their own water in case we poison them

lawrie reilly's boots had wooden studs

gordon hunter has tiny feet....

You sure it's the away changing room they turn up the temperture in? :wink:

Benny Brazil
10-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Just posted on about this on the PM board - went along today and enjoyed it - some of the guys were really knowledgeable - not exactly well organised but still enjoyed it.

As I said on the PM board - cannot believe the Hibs club shop wasn't open today. Missed opportunity and revenue.

jarre1875
10-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Great stuff, even down to the programmes and team pics hanging on the walls. :top marks