PDA

View Full Version : What went right ? ..... I'm confused !

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Having been subjected to the ultimate football nightmare we as a support are staggering about in a post apocalyptic football wasteland. Our scarves are frayed, our replica strips are in tatters, the Green face paint is streaked with the tears of disappointment and rage.

And yet ........... I am coming onto this message board and the one thing I would expect to see is missing.

Where is the avalanche of threads going on and on about never going back and giving hundreds of reasons as to why gardening, shopping, X Box, the pictures, picking your nose is better than going to ER on a Saturday. If there was ever an excuse for threads like that, lets face it, its now.

But ...... instead of that there are threads about who we should be signing or letting go. threads about what our new home top will look like, what the board can do to improve things and what the likes of section 43 can do to improve the atmosphere at ER following their valiant attempts last season.

No ..... Apart from a very few exceptions ... it has been a pleasure to come on to this messageboard in the last couple of weeks to find that the vast majority of my fellow Hibbies, instead of slinking away with their tails between their legs, are just as up for the fight as they ever were .... in fact, it would appear, even more so.

Its brilliant ..... but like I said confusing.

:thumbsup:

Macaroon
01-06-2012, 07:48 PM
:top marks

WhileTheChief..
01-06-2012, 07:55 PM
:agree:Excellent post.

In a bizarre way the CF result seems to have brought everyone a bit closer. Maybe a case of realising things can only get better :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
01-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Having been subjected to the ultimate football nightmare we as a support are staggering about in a post apocalyptic football wasteland. Our scarves are frayed, our replica strips are in tatters, the Green face paint is streaked with the tears of disappointment and rage.

And yet ........... I am coming onto this message board and the one thing I would expect to see is missing.

Where is the avalanche of threads going on and on about never going back and giving hundreds of reasons as to why gardening, shopping, X Box, the pictures, picking your nose is better than going to ER on a Saturday. If there was ever an excuse for threads like that, lets face it, its now.

But ...... instead of that there are threads about who we should be signing or letting go. threads about what our new home top will look like, what the board can do to improve things and what the likes of section 43 can do to improve the atmosphere at ER following their valiant attempts last season.

No ..... Apart from a very few exceptions ... it has been a pleasure to come on to this messageboard in the last couple of weeks to find that the vast majority of my fellow Hibbies, instead of slinking away with their tails between their legs, are just as up for the fight as they ever were .... in fact, it would appear, even more so.

We are all Hibs supporter's who want to see success on the field. No doubt about it, the Final was horrible, we are all still raw, and we will be reminded of it constantly....

But we do what we do best, we dust ourselves down, get back up, and look forward with eternal optimism that the next campaign is better...We wouldn't have it any other way....

Mon Dieu4
01-06-2012, 08:00 PM
We haven't played in two weeks so there is not much to moan about!!!

Agree with everything you say

VickMackie
01-06-2012, 08:08 PM
I agree, there's only optimism now.

I'm looking forward to who we sign. Fresh start and clean slate for the team.

iHIBS
01-06-2012, 08:23 PM
The final hurts and will hurt for long time!!! But I feel if we had lost to that non penalty we could have fought our corner for a long time, but the sad truth is we lost because the imposters in green on the day let us all down, and for that reason, we have galvanised as hibs supporters, I always know I will never be one of them , I will never think like one of them, and that my hibernian friends is what makes us who we are!!!!! Hibernian!!!!!

The Green Goblin
01-06-2012, 08:28 PM
This isn't a "poop on your parade" but I haven't forgiven or gotten over what happened on May 19th, nor do I share in the optimism. Actually, I think this willingness to keep accepting being shafted and disappointed time after time after time is a weakness of our support and not a strength. It's what has allowed it to go on for so long. I have posted on other threads since the final that I think too many of us are being much too forgiving, much too soon and I still hold to that. I suppose this post is going to bring me a bit of stick too, but that's okay. I am only posting this because I believe it strongly - I try and avoid posting negatively if I can as a rule. I do admire the spirit of your post, but I don't and can't in all honesty share it.

Andy74
01-06-2012, 08:35 PM
I've only seen just over half the final then quickly headed to the pool and some cocktails. For me it never really happened.

.Sean.
01-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Because the only way is up.

We hit rock-bottom on the 19th. Bickering with eachother does no good, we all need to stick together and i'm certain we'll come out the other side stronger.

Doncaster_Hibby
01-06-2012, 08:44 PM
This isn't a "poop on your parade" but I haven't forgiven or gotten over what happened on May 19th, nor do I share in the optimism. Actually, I think this willingness to keep accepting being shafted and disappointed time after time after time is a weakness of our support and not a strength. It's what has allowed it to go on for so long. I have posted on other threads since the final that I think too many of us are being much too forgiving, much too soon and I still hold to that. I suppose this post is going to bring me a bit of stick too, but that's okay. I am only posting this because I believe it strongly - I try and avoid posting negatively if I can as a rule. I do admire the spirit of your post, but I don't and can't in all honesty share it.

I agree entirely. So long as we keep accepting all the crushing humiliating disappointment this club constantly heaps on us, nothing will ever change. I will never forget or forgive what happened at Hampden and can't see any cause for optimism at this moment in time, especially as we won't have Dunfermline to keep us up next season.

heretoday
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM

Well after all............it's only a game!

madabouthibs
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
May 19 was bad yes, totally agree, but the train from Waverley, pre-match build up, singing in Asda, flags/cards/north stand display and the whole day out just reminded of how good it is to be a Hibee. I love you guys! :agree:

Glory glory........... one day. :thumbsup:

Andy74
01-06-2012, 08:50 PM
I agree entirely. So long as we keep accepting all the crushing humiliating disappointment this club constantly heaps on us, nothing will ever change. I will never forget or forgive what happened at Hampden and can't see any cause for optimism at this moment in time, especially as we won't have Dunfermline to keep us up next season.
So things will change if we are miserable and don't support the club?

The Green Goblin
01-06-2012, 09:09 PM
So things will change if we are miserable and don't support the club?

You must be replying to a different post. Your reply doesn't bear any relation to what he actually wrote.

Andy74
01-06-2012, 09:16 PM
You must be replying to a different post. Your reply doesn't bear any relation to what he actually wrote.

Really?

snooky
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
"A week is a long time in politics" - Harold Wilson
Ergo a day is a long time in football.

Littlest Hobo
01-06-2012, 09:48 PM

Your right, far too forgiving as a support. Far too excepting of ***** players who will never come good. Far too excepting of a league that is totally corrupt, I'll no be back..... Or will I ??

Dashing Bob S
01-06-2012, 09:50 PM

Good post, and pretty much on the money. Yes, the cup final hurt, but we've watched such guff for two years, we know that we punched above our weight to get there. I think a lot of us look back to the great Hibs teams of the past and recognize that in some ways it would have been travesty for that ill-stared bunch to have lifted the cup where they failed.

There's also the recognition that whatever happens to the Huns and Jambos financially, a new realism has set in, in that if Scottish football survives, it will do so with a more level playing field regarding cheating clubs spending more they can generate other than through illegal or dubious means.

Also, there is the sense of liberation that we really have hit rock bottom and now the only way is way is up. It'll be pretty much a completely new team next year, with a manager who has at least shown that he personally has the fight and enthusiasm for the challenge ahead. I've no right to be optimistic, but somehow I am.

lucky
01-06-2012, 09:59 PM
No point in mopping about last season. As fans you hope and pray that this year is ours. Yes the final a nightmare and we've all been abused.( if I find the hearts *******s who has text me 5-1 everyday since I will part his balls). Never responded I rose above it.

In a strange way our humiliation that day has made us all determine in fight on. Being a Hibs fan is different, we rarely win and are terribly unlucky yet remain the 4th best supported team in country.
I'm convinced our time will come. Roll on pre season

Pete
02-06-2012, 12:22 AM

I wouldn't mistake the lack of angry threads for any kind of acceptance of what happened or apathy. I think that behind the silence a real sense of anger is building and I hope it will channel itself in the right way. I also think a steeliness will come out of this and from now on our support will accept nothing less than 100%, especially against hearts. I, for one, have had enough of hearts and them trampling all over us and I sense others have had enough. A new chapter in our rivalry has been opened and I reckon we're going to get a lot nastier as a support towards them...it will only be replicating the way they have felt about us for years.

It's still early days and people are raw but I reckon they'll be fireworks at the first derby.

Doncaster_Hibby
02-06-2012, 07:38 AM
I wouldn't mistake the lack of angry threads for any kind of acceptance of what happened or apathy. I think that behind the silence a real sense of anger is building and I hope it will channel itself in the right way. I also think a steeliness will come out of this and from now on our support will accept nothing less than 100%, especially against hearts. I, for one, have had enough of hearts and them trampling all over us and I sense others have had enough. A new chapter in our rivalry has been opened and I reckon we're going to get a lot nastier as a support towards them...it will only be replicating the way they have felt about us for years.

It's still early days and people are raw but I reckon they'll be fireworks at the first derby.

I hope you're right about a building sense of anger. For one thing, those people running our club need to be made aware that the cup final performance and what has been happening on and off the pitch at Easter Road over the past few years has all been totally unacceptable.

We don't want any more relegation battles. We need proper investment in the playing staff rather than scraping around the football scrapheap to bring in useless duffers on 6 month contracts. We want an end to the succession of bargain basement non-entity managers who fail to improve the team and don't last 18 months in the job.

Make no mistake, we will never be allowed to forget the cup final. The Jambos will be milking it for the next 50 years, this will be their "7-0". Unless we make our feelings known to the hierarchy at Easter Road, I see a very miserable few years ahead for us Hibs supporters.

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2012, 08:14 AM

But thats just exactly the background to my post. I think you have summed up very well the feelings of a lot of people including me. Thats the thing though. Instead of running up the White flag we appear to have decided to turn our hurt and anger into a renewed determination to pressure the board into getting the message that things must change. A renewed determination that losing is unacceptable and that losing to Hearts at any time is now not going to be accepted with a shrug as appears to have been the case in recent times.

No ..... We want a club with steel running through it and I think that we as a support have already begun that process. Its up to the club to follow.

Forgive ..... Never!!! Work hard for better .... as of now always.

Kaiser1962
02-06-2012, 08:40 AM

Is this the first "we're defo getting relegated. FACT" post for season 2012-2013?

Get in early buddy. :aok:

Onion
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM
:agree:Excellent post.

In a bizarre way the CF result seems to have brought everyone a bit closer. Maybe a case of realising things can only get better :confused:

... knowing that one day, some day, we will have our day in the sun :flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Next season is pivotal. Not felt like this since the "Hands Off "days. Back then, the feelings and opinions weren't fractured by views on individual players or personal digs at who has got us where.

snooky
02-06-2012, 09:12 AM
No point in mopping about last season. As fans you hope and pray that this year is ours. Yes the final a nightmare and we've all been abused.( if I find the hearts *******s who has text me 5-1 everyday since I will part his balls). Never responded I rose above it.

In a strange way our humiliation that day has made us all determine in fight on. Being a Hibs fan is different, we rarely win and are terribly unlucky yet remain the 4th best supported team in country.
I'm convinced our time will come. Roll on pre season

Hibs supporters will support Hibs whether they are in the SPL or any other Division.
If folk want to support an SPL team then they can choose any of the other 10. :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm choosing to determine how I feel about the debacle. Not by what yams do or say.

Naive, deluded, in denial I'm not allowing that game to define my relationship with Hibs. Howeve I will take heart from the fact that as a support we turned up, showed the passion hung in there. I'll believe and choose to say it was Thomsons final. Whilst they had Hibs shirts on their backs and I supported them it was not really a Hibs "team".

What that game and the Semi in particular did for me was reestablish my deep love of my club and whilst we all understand what Hibbyness is the tangible and visible outpouring of Hibbyness was as strong in this particular period as it has been for a number of years if not a decade. We've demonstrated how amazing our support are we've stood by in the lean times so let's look to the future a brighter one.

So board and management I'm primed others hopefully are too now deliver us a team to make us proud in. Start with McPake and get players that match his desire.

BEEJ
02-06-2012, 09:24 AM
But thats just exactly the background to my post. I think you have summed up very well the feelings of a lot of people including me. Thats the thing though. Instead of running up the White flag we appear to have decided to turn our hurt and anger into a renewed determination to pressure the board into getting the message that things must change. A renewed determination that losing is unacceptable and that losing to Hearts at any time is now not going to be accepted with a shrug as appears to have been the case in recent times.

No ..... We want a club with steel running through it and I think that we as a support have already begun that process. Its up to the club to follow.

Forgive ..... Never!!! Work hard for better .... as of now always.
The support can have all the anger and renewed determination that they want; ultimately beyond stumping up for season tickets, walk-up attendance and club merchandise we are largely powerless to influence the decisions that the Board makes.

In recent years that is what has made the previous determination of the support (SUABC etc) give way to a sense of resignation about where the club is going. Folks don't like what they see as the club continues to under-perform but sense they don't have a voice (at least one that will be taken seriously by the Board). So instead they drift away and find alternative pursuits in which they can invest their spare time and disposable income.

That's just a factor of how football has to be managed these days. But unless we find a means to connect up supporter determination with club decision-making, I don't really see what difference it's going to make.

We have to hope that the Board have got the message now after last season. But that's all it is - hope!

erin go bragh
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
I hope you're right about a building sense of anger. For one thing, those people running our club need to be made aware that the cup final performance and what has been happening on and off the pitch at Easter Road over the past few years has all been totally unacceptable.

We don't want any more relegation battles. We need proper investment in the playing staff rather than scraping around the football scrapheap to bring in useless duffers on 6 month contracts. We want an end to the succession of bargain basement non-entity managers who fail to improve the team and don't last 18 months in the job.

Make no mistake, we will never be allowed to forget the cup final. The Jambos will be milking it for the next 50 years, this will be their "7-0". Unless we make our feelings known to the hierarchy at Easter Road, I see a very miserable few years ahead for us Hibs supporters.
We scored 7 with a fair ref ,they could only score 5 with a cheat helping them , 50 years my arse ,thompson tainted their cup win [ he didnt have to as its the worst team ive seen at hibs in 30 years ] but he did ,so **** them .
ggtth

hopefulhibby
02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Good post and you are spot on, we as fans should have went straight to ER after the cup final and let the powers that be know in the loudest way that it is not acceptable, but we did not so we face more uncertainty for the coming season, some posters on here even want Soares and Claros back, i know hard to believe isn't it or is it just desperation?

Islington Hibs
02-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Agree with thisfirst post and indeed with the enthusiasm and positivity of many other posterssince that day. My enthusiasm is the highest for over a decade despiteeverything. The final showed that we still have the potential- what a greatsupport we have. Blind optimism may be but I think even getting there remindedmany of us how much the club actually means.

That said if we get off to a bad start next year things could get a bit nasty. Itis critical we have a decent start and reap revenge on the Hearts and show wemean business. I hope we do because I think Fenlon has the attributes and edgeto ultimately succeed.

cam75
04-06-2012, 04:55 AM
I got a ticket x2 on 17/5 for starts,filled with hope and would I change it No Il make more games next season and cheer us on,iv not stopped boozing since the wife can't get it but in the next 6 years I believe the cup is ours,time to stop wallowing now and feel hibs for what they are,(1st Love ) I've also booked into a councillor £60 a POP she better be good.?

S.sct
04-06-2012, 12:40 PM

Strange but true (for some), we need good signings and quickly to harness that mood.

HibsMax
04-06-2012, 12:51 PM

I know what you're saying but I get the impression that for many people, this is the last time that the board will be forgiven. If the next season (or two) are more of the same, it could be goodnight.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bemzjl