PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray - Interview

ShanksSaidNo
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
A good interview in the Daily Record with Ian Murray today.

The one bit that stood out like a sore thumb to me is near the start when they are talking about him being released he mentions it is understandable as 'budgets are being slashed'.

If this is true, this is very worrying. How can we possibly rebuild whilst at the same time slashing our budget? We need to invest and big time.

Cash not Slash.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/01/ian-murray-i-m-gutted-at-leaving-hibs-but-world-is-my-oyster-now-86908-23881549/

Andy74
01-06-2012, 01:18 PM

The one bit that stood out like a sore thumb to me is near the start when they are talking about him being released he mentions it is understandable as 'budgets are being slashed'.

If this is true, this is very worrying. How can we possibly rebuild whilst at the same time slashing our budget? We need to invest and big time.

Cash not Slash.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/01/ian-murray-i-m-gutted-at-leaving-hibs-but-world-is-my-oyster-now-86908-23881549/

That's not why he is being released though is it?

Gatecrasher
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Most clubs are slashing their budgets, i think the whole rangers thing will have a knock on effect on how the SPL clubs prepare and budget themselves next season

Famous5forever
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Big mistake in letting Nid go lets hope Paddy knows what he is doing its players with Nids passion for the club we need.

easty
01-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Big mistake in letting Nid go lets hope Paddy knows what he is doing its players with Nids passion for the club we need.

Behave. :rolleyes:

cocopops1875
01-06-2012, 01:29 PM

Cash not Slash.

where is the cash coming from for your "cash not slash" campaign ?

offshorehibby
01-06-2012, 01:43 PM

I, lets keep a thirty year old + crock who'll probably spend all season on the treatment table or bench. I've got a lot of time for IM but we need to free up wages to bring fresh faces in.

Sergio sledge
01-06-2012, 01:45 PM
That's not why he is being released though is it?

:agree: He's not good enough anymore, nothing to do with budgets. IMHO he'll struggle to get a club in the 1st division never mind the SPL.

We need a squad of players who will contribute more than just passion.

ScottB
01-06-2012, 01:46 PM

Cash not Slash.

Given that news story is little more than him selling himself to any new club out there, of course he's going to say it was a cost reason, rather than it being his physical condition.

I'm amazed he's talking about continuing to play, I'd have thought a move into coaching was a smarter choice.

lucky
01-06-2012, 02:08 PM
I wish him well but he is not good enough player. Even when he was fit he was limited as a player but he always tried. Bit he will struggle to get s club at a decent level

Iceman1875
01-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Always rated him, I have a feeling he may end up at livingston. If I was Hibs manager I'd have offered him a one year deal and to begin/continue his coaching badges for the future. He might not be ask quick as he once was but has a good head on him and reads the game well.

EHZERO7
01-06-2012, 02:44 PM
I wish him well but I certainly dont feel sorry for him now that his heart has been broken at being released.

He didnt feel sorry for us when he signed for the currant buns

Seveno
01-06-2012, 03:01 PM
I wish him well but I certainly dont feel sorry for him now that his heart has been broken at being released.

He didnt feel sorry for us when he signed for the currant buns

Not all that again. He moved to better himself financially by a significant amount, like most other people would do, especially those with a short career.

ShanksSaidNo
01-06-2012, 03:41 PM

Campaign is coming along, tshirts are selling well and posters up in well known areas around the capital. Waiting to hear if the march will be commisioned by the Edinburgh City Council.

I'm not expecting new pots of money to spring up for us to splash out but equally I find talk of slashing the budget quite alarming given our current predicament on the park!

One definite source of new income is the increased season ticket sales due to the Cup Final.

Campaign updated to the rather catchy:
Cash for Pat to Splash not Slash

hopefulhibby
01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Any cup final cash?

ThirdManRun
01-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Any cup final cash?

Don't be so rash. It's already ring fenced by The Tache. Better that than gone in a flash. Or spent on some player who's always out on the lash.

iHIBS
01-06-2012, 07:58 PM
I dont remember all this when he done one to the huns!!!!! His passion quickly headed along the M8 for cash, he moved on we moved on, he came back we forget!!!! If we want to move forward, then we have to have the same mentality as these guys!!!!

iHIBS
01-06-2012, 08:11 PM
I dont remember all this when he done one to the huns!!!!! His passion quickly headed along the M8 for cash, he moved on we moved on, he came back we forget!!!! If we want to move forward, then we have to have the same mentality as these guys!!!!

cocopops1875
01-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Any cup final cash?

Not being in a position to quote exact figures but will have a bash at reasoning, we lost nearly 1million quid last year, since then things on the pitch actually got worse crowds dwindled and merchandise left on the shelves, I would guess we were well on route to another significant loss but the cup final will have stemmed the flood of losses however I doubt it puts us massively back in the black, a cup win would have

heretoday
01-06-2012, 09:16 PM
I for one am sorry that Ian is not going to be part of Hibs any more. I do feel that he never really found his true position on the field, whether it be left back or centre back or midfield.

My son and I remember a goal he scored from midfield moving forward in about 2004 against Dundee Utd. He really hit that thing!

Unfortunately in the current climate we can't afford to keep experienced guys like that around.

Albion Hibs
01-06-2012, 09:53 PM
I for one am sorry that Ian is not going to be part of Hibs any more. I do feel that he never really found his true position on the field, whether it be left back or centre back or midfield.

My son and I remember a goal he scored from midfield moving forward in about 2004 against Dundee Utd. He really hit that thing!

Unfortunately in the current climate we can't afford to keep experienced guys like that around.

I would agree with that. I am very surprised Fenlon did not seek to offer him something even for a year. Granted he did not play a lot of games in the 2nd half of the season but prior to being out injured he was one of our better players, especially in games like Rangers away etc. Coming back from injury I would have thought a season or even half season deal should have been put on offer.

but as he says managers live and die by their decisions, I just hope Fenlon gets a lot better at spotting players so we avoid our cup final super trio of Pujabi, Claros and Doherty repeating on us.

ThirdManRun
01-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Pujabi, Claros and Doherty repeating on us.

Kujabi and Doherty both did pretty well for us in the league. I think you're judging things purely on the cup final which isn't really fair. Signing players in January will always be hit and miss. I think given time Fenlon can build a good squad. Hope he's got the tactics to go with it.

Albion Hibs
01-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Kujabi and Doherty both did pretty well for us in the league. I think you're judging things purely on the cup final which isn't really fair. Signing players in January will always be hit and miss. I think given time Fenlon can build a good squad. Hope he's got the tactics to go with it.

Kujabi is an accident waiting to happen IMO, i dont really remember many good games, doherty did okay at RB. But I still have big concerns over his ability to spot a decent player, tactics and getting a second half from the team. As he is the man in charge next season i do of course hope I am very wrong, but plenty remains to be seen.

IberianHibernian
01-06-2012, 10:06 PM
I would agree with that. I am very surprised Fenlon did not seek to offer him something even for a year. Granted he did not play a lot of games in the 2nd half of the season but prior to being out injured he was one of our better players, especially in games like Rangers away etc. Coming back from injury I would have thought a season or even half season deal should have been put on offer.

but as he says managers live and die by their decisions, I just hope Fenlon gets a lot better at spotting players so we avoid our cup final super trio of Pujabi, Claros and Doherty repeating on us.Whatever happens to Hibs while Pat Fenlon is manager , Murray not continuing will be irrelevant . Whoever decided to offer Murray a second chance at ER presumably regrets it now given the little impact he had ( apart from embarrassment factor of taking someone back after going to Rangers ) . We`re not talking of a Stanton or Sauzee here but of a player who was limited at his peak so offered little if anything on return . I`d certainly take any of the three players you mention back at ER before Murray .

Andy74
01-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Kujabi is an accident waiting to happen IMO, i dont really remember many good games, doherty did okay at RB. But I still have big concerns over his ability to spot a decent player, tactics and getting a second half from the team. As he is the man in charge next season i do of course hope I am very wrong, but plenty remains to be seen.

Five titles and three cups in any league would suggest he knows a wee bit about tactics, no?

Spudster
01-06-2012, 10:14 PM
I said at Pittodrie that Kujabi was going to cost us something important (I hoped at Pittodrie or the Dunfy game). He is mince

Albion Hibs
01-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Five titles and three cups in any league would suggest he knows a wee bit about tactics, no?

I have never watched one LOI game in my life, from what i understand he did it with the bigger clubs over their with a bigger budget so to me it is completely irrelevant, he wont have that here. I have not seen anything to suggest he does, the biggest game in the clubs history being case and point. But in any event i feel this straying off subject.

ThirdManRun
01-06-2012, 10:39 PM
I said at Pittodrie that Kujabi was going to cost us something important (I hoped at Pittodrie or the Dunfy game). He is mince

Wow. You should have told Pat.

Did you see him in the semi-final when he set up O'Connor for the first? He's not perfect, but he wasn't signed to win us the cup. He was signed to keep us up. He did.

Pat was in a tricky position with the squad he inherited and did what he had to do. The cup final loss, while hugely disappointing, has skewed people's expectations.

heretoday
01-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Surely Fenlon has a plan in his head for the next season.

Presumably he didn't come to Scotland to box and cox at the foot of the league and then get relegated.

The Green Goblin
02-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Don't be so rash. It's already ring fenced by The Tache. Better that than gone in a flash. Or spent on some player who's always out on the lash.

We want players with panache, not ones who lie about their car crash, or smoke hash. If there's no progress, it'll end in a stramash!

IWasThere2016
02-06-2012, 04:51 AM
We want players with panache, not ones who lie about their car crash, or smoke hash. If there's no progress, it'll end in a stramash!

Thought I'd give this a bash. His is good, yours is gash :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-06-2012, 07:42 AM
We can't keep players based on sentiment. If the criteria for a contract, was too have a massive passion for Hibs but no need to be in a condition to be able to play first team football, then there are a lot of us on here who fit that bill.

ShanksSaidNo
02-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Wow. You should have told Pat.

Did you see him in the semi-final when he set up O'Connor for the first? He's not perfect, but he wasn't signed to win us the cup. He was signed to keep us up. He did.

Pat was in a tricky position with the squad he inherited and did what he had to do. The cup final loss, while hugely disappointing, has skewed people's expectations.
You good sir know the score, of your sentiments i couldn't agree more. On the Easter road board you've earned a seat, your posts are rare but always a treat. You see the good and that i adore, just keep it shorter, you're becomin a bore.

Steve-O
02-06-2012, 09:52 AM

What nonsense. Murray is a Hibs fan, but he's hardly the most passionate, charismatic individual is he? Sorry, we are well rid as he's done nowt for years IMO bar the odd decent tackle now and then.

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2012, 10:01 AM
What nonsense. Murray is a Hibs fan, but he's hardly the most passionate, charismatic individual is he? Sorry, we are well rid as he's done nowt for years IMO bar the odd decent tackle now and then.

Exactly, contributed about as much as Danny Galbraith in the last 2 seasons, we need much better.