PDA

View Full Version : Window Flung Open

down-the-slope
31-05-2012, 09:08 PM
(well its always 'slams shut'...so for a wee change :greengrin)

So the real fun and games are less than 2 hours away :dancer:

So first Rangers exit...I'll give it until Lunchtime Friday :aok:

Wonder what the first deals will be ...?

sleeping giant
31-05-2012, 09:40 PM
1st of July is it not ?:greengrin

Macaroon
31-05-2012, 09:43 PM

Hope not :confused:

down-the-slope
31-05-2012, 09:48 PM

Premature once again...:wink:

I think the excitement of Rangers wages reduction grace being nearly over has got me all excited :greengrin

green viper
31-05-2012, 10:36 PM
transfer window opens on the 9th june as spl starts early this year as it opens normally on the 1st july

Nevi1875
31-05-2012, 10:38 PM
So is it in 20 mins or 1 month and 20 mins ?

silverhibee
31-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Has it been flung open then. :confused:

Kaiser_Sauzee
31-05-2012, 11:20 PM
I think this thread could be slammed shut.

Captain Trips
31-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Has it been flung open then. :confused:

Watch yer fingers SH I think it's slamming shut again.

silverhibee
01-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Watch yer fingers SH I think it's slamming shut again.

Until the 28th August for Hibs. :greengrin

Fingers are looking a mess. http://media.photobucket.com/image/broken%20fingers%20in%20window/stoshmaster/finger.jpg

:thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2012, 07:30 AM
STV Journo on twitter -
For those who weren't aware the transfer window is now officially open - let the deals be done

bingo70
01-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Totally irrelevant when the window opens as we'd just sign players before it opens but couldn't play them until after the window opens but seeing as there's no games between now and then that's not a problem.

We'd just sign players with effect from whatever date it opens so would be a pre contract so I think if people are waiting on the window opening before we announce new signings they'll be dissapointed.

down-the-slope
01-06-2012, 07:43 AM
STV Journo on twitter -
For those who weren't aware the transfer window is now officially open - let the deals be done

Right so I wasn't suffering from premature exictement then :greengrin

N.B - checked rules...the windows are not date specific...but length specific one mid season max ONE MONTH...and one between seasons max TWELVE WEEKS...so it depends partly on when next season is sheduled to start etc

CallumLaidlaw
01-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Right so I wasn't suffering from premature exictement then :greengrin

N.B - checked rules...the windows are not date specific...but length specific one mid season max ONE MONTH...and one between seasons max TWELVE WEEKS...so it depends partly on when next season is sheduled to start etc

It must be 3 months rather than 12 weeks. The window will be open from today till 31st August, just like in January it's open for 1 month.

down-the-slope
01-06-2012, 07:56 AM
It must be 3 months rather than 12 weeks. The window will be open from today till 31st August, just like in January it's open for 1 month.

Yup I thought the 12 weeks was odd but thats what I found....:confused: I'm more inclined after previous years to take 3 months.. (with only exception I can remember being if 31st was a week end the monday after was final day)

Anyway...we are off (and hopefully so are a bunch of Rangers players :greengrin)

HibbyDave
02-06-2012, 04:56 PM
We won't sign a single player until one or two days (mibbe a week) before the season starts. Everyone at ER has known the players on the books were simply not good enough but I'm fairly sure that little or no work has been done to identify targets due to the cup games taking the attention and papering over the cracks. Most players are on holiday now but that has not stopped st Johnstone signing a few players. Of course they were not focused on the cup etc etc

marinello59
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
We won't sign a single player until one or two days (mibbe a week) before the season starts. Everyone at ER has known the players on the books were simply not good enough but I'm fairly sure that little or no work has been done to identify targets due to the cup games taking the attention and papering over the cracks. Most players are on holiday now but that has not stopped st Johnstone signing a few players. Of course they were not focused on the cup etc etc

No players until a couple of days before the season kicks off?
Little or no work done identifying players?
Just a guess but are you a glass half empty kind of person? :greengrin

HibbyDave
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Glass half empty?............................................ .............Cheers:greengrin Not a Happy Clapper that's for sure.

Used to be full of enthusiasm for evrything Hibs but now more of a realist....Petrie won't allow wage spend until very last minute. Wait and see regarding the time frame...... I would love to be proved wrong but we won't sign anyone till last minute......That's just become our way IMHO.

Jim44
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
New players, starting with McPake, will be flooding into ER by the middle of next week. But then, I'm a half pint full sort of guy.............. not!

Seriously tho', if Fenlon doesn't hit the ground running with the complete backing of Petrie, we could be in queer street next season.

marinello59
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Glass half empty?............................................ .............Cheers:greengrin Not a Happy Clapper that's for sure.

Used to be full of enthusiasm for evrything Hibs but now more of a realist....Petrie won't allow wage spend until very last minute. Wait and see regarding the time frame...... I would love to be proved wrong but we won't sign anyone till last minute......That's just become our way IMHO.

If anybody at Hibs thinks leaving things to the last minute will be in any way acceptable this time around then they shouldn't be there.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-06-2012, 06:23 PM
I've always moaned and groaned about the lack of anything positive to come out of the boardroom for years. The accountants in there are simply not football folk in my opinion just money managers, they need to show the fans that they mean business after last seasons mess but as usual the silence is deafening.

AlbertK86
02-06-2012, 07:52 PM
If anybody at Hibs thinks leaving things to the last minute will be in any way acceptable this time around then they shouldn't be there.

We say that every year but it always happens again the next year ... Until we get rid of that clown ROD it will continue

FitbaFolkKen
02-06-2012, 09:16 PM
They backed him January and deals were done pretty quickly, can't see any reason it would be any different in the summer.

Pat will have known that there was a lot of work to do in the summer and I'm sure he will have a list of targets already.

I also think that a lot of the best business gets done nearer the end of the window though, as if I was a player would I take the first deal on the table or would I hold out and see what else was available before the window shut. It's not all as one-sided as a lot of people on here make out.

As long as we get who Pat wants I don't care when intge window we get them.

AlbertK86
02-06-2012, 10:20 PM
They backed him January and deals were done pretty quickly, can't see any reason it would be any different in the summer.

Pat will have known that there was a lot of work to do in the summer and I'm sure he will have a list of targets already.

I also think that a lot of the best business gets done nearer the end of the window though, as if I was a player would I take the first deal on the table or would I hold out and see what else was available before the window shut. It's not all as one-sided as a lot of people on here make out.

As long as we get who Pat wants I don't care when intge window we get them.

Aye we've done great business lately late in the windows !!

FitbaFolkKen
02-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Aye we've done great business lately late in the windows !!

Read the post again, never said we had I was talking in general terms.

Plus the point was that as long as Pat gets in who he wants I dont care when they come in.