PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Griffiths Not Returning

vercol36
31-05-2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/leigh-griffiths-is-eager-to-stick-it-out-at-wolves-1-2328110
Leigh Griffiths is eager to stick it out at Wolves
Published on Thursday 31 May 2012 00:00

Striker Leigh Griffiths is unlikely to return to Hibernian next season after deciding to focus on forcing his way into the Wolverhampton Wanderers team in the final year of his contract at Molineux.
There had been hope that the Scotland under-21 cap would convert his season-long loan stay at Easter Road into a permanent deal. But the 21-year-old will begin pre-season training at Wolves under the watchful eye of new manager Stale Solbakken.
The forward hopes to make a fresh start with his parent club in the Championship (http://www.hibs.net/#) following the dugout reshuffle.
Griffiths appeared to be heading for the exit door at the English club when then manager Mick McCarthy said in December last year that he was willing to sell the player that he brought from Dundee on a two-and-a-half year deal in January 2011.
After making just one substitute appearance in a Carling Cup win at Northampton at the beginning of last season, Griffiths was farmed out to boyhood heroes Hibs on an initial six-month loan deal.
That was extended to the end of the season at the turn of the year. The striker netted 11 goals in 36 appearances for the Leith club, including the winning strike in the Scottish Cup semi-final victory over Aberdeen. Griffiths’ time at Easter Road will also be remembered for him receiving three separate bans for gesturing at supporters (http://www.hibs.net/#).

BarneyK
31-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Not saying he is going to return or otherwise, but there is hee-haw in that article that gives any impression of being informed. Not a single quote from Leigh, anyone at Wolves, anyone at Hibs, anyone at Greggs, the fish man...

Curly1875
31-05-2012, 03:33 PM
We already knew he was going back to wolves for pre-season as he stated this himself in an interview. He said he wants to go down and try impress their new manager at wolves and hope he finds himself a place in the squad but said if things don't work out he'd love to come back to hibs

Beefster
31-05-2012, 04:06 PM
We already knew he was going back to wolves for pre-season as he stated this himself in an interview. He said he wants to go down and try impress their new manager at wolves and hope he finds himself a place in the squad but said if things don't work out he'd love to come back to hibs

The problem being that we can't afford to wait on Griffiths finding out whether he has a chance at Wolves or not. We need to sign strikers pronto.

Andy74
31-05-2012, 04:13 PM
The problem being that we can't afford to wait on Griffiths finding out whether he has a chance at Wolves or not. We need to sign strikers pronto.

If we were able to sign him he'd probbaly be here for the next 3 years or so and so I think we could wait a few weeks. He also knows the club already and wouldn't need much time to get up to speed when he arrived.

We need thoroughly sorted for the medium to long term so I'm not really getting this panic to get a whole squad signed in the next few weeks.

As I said previously in January there were demads just to get any old centre half in as we had games those weeks. I'm fairly glad we were patient in trying to get McPake.

Beefster
31-05-2012, 04:21 PM
If we were able to sign him he'd probbaly be here for the next 3 years or so and so I think we could wait a few weeks. He also knows the club already and wouldn't need much time to get up to speed when he arrived.

We need thoroughly sorted for the medium to long term so I'm not really getting this panic to get a whole squad signed in the next few weeks.

As I said previously in January there were demads just to get any old centre half in as we had games those weeks. I'm fairly glad we were patient in trying to get McPake.

If he wants to go back to Wolves, work hard and see if he's going to get a chance in the Championship, presumably that's going to take longer than a couple of weeks.

I didn't think I was panicking. When I said pronto, I meant in time for pre-season - Griffiths may not take long to get up to speed but his replacements might.

marinello59
31-05-2012, 04:37 PM
If he wants to go back to Wolves, work hard and see if he's going to get a chance in the Championship, presumably that's going to take longer than a couple of weeks. I didn't think I was panicking. When I said pronto, I meant in time for pre-season - Griffiths may not take long to get up to speed but his replacements might.

:agree: If that's what he wants to do good luck to him, you can't blame any player for wanting to try his luck down there. We can't be waiting about on the off chance Wolves don't want him though.

Northernhibee
31-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm a big fan of Sparky but if it's true that he threw a bib in PFs face and called him an amateur in front of everybody, I'd say we shouldn't resign him.

We need a complete rethink of the culture and attitude within Hibs.

This isn't to say I don't consider him a very good player and a good Hibee.

Golden Bear
31-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm a big fan of Sparky but if it's true that he threw a bib in PFs face and called him an amateur in front of everybody, I'd say we shouldn't resign him.

We need a complete rethink of the culture and attitude within Hibs.

This isn't to say I don't consider him a very good player and a good Hibee.

:agree:

The trouble is we'll have nobody left.

:greengrin

Famous5forever
31-05-2012, 05:09 PM

Agreed and the sooner Paddy makes his moves the better as it will give him time to gel the new players in for the start of the season im hoping we will get at least 7 new players

Just_Jimmy
31-05-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm not bothered about Griffiths. He has (limited at the moment) talent but he obviously has a terrible attitute problem. I'm not convinced he's all that anyway.

Good luck at Wolves.

hopefulhibby
31-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm not bothered about Griffiths. He has (limited at the moment) talent but he obviously has a terrible attitute problem. I'm not convinced he's all that anyway.

Good luck at Wolves.
Just waiting for the he is not hibs class posts, i think Griffiths had a good season and would be a good signing, i think we are going to struggle to sign players of his quality, dont think any fans want to sign players for the sake of just getting someone in as we did in January

marinello59
31-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Good luck at Wolves.

He took a while to settle in but when he did he was one of the few players, maybe the only one, who made my heart beat a little bit faster when he got the ball. I'd have love to see him come back but I just have a feeling we really have seen the last of him in a Hibs top.

edwards
31-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Thought Leigh got better as the months went by, If Wolves hadn,t had a change of manager he would have been signing on the dotted line.
He did a few stupid things on the way but Fenlon stuck by him and he helped save us from relegation.Really hoped he would sign but he goes with my best wishes and a great big thank you for every goal he scored.

All the best Leigh now go out and do us proud son and remember once a hibby always a hibby :wink: :flag:

beensaidbefore
31-05-2012, 06:37 PM
:bye: see you soon on a free transfer Leigh.

Ultrabee1-0
31-05-2012, 06:37 PM
i love the boy seriously! gutted if he doesnt come back but all the best to him hope he gets that wee break through down there!
now we can see the true talent of doyle:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Matt92
31-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Bestest of luck to the guy he loves Hibs and showed more passion than the rest thrown together.

Best of luck Leigh, would love to see you back.

SquashedFrogg
31-05-2012, 06:49 PM
i love the boy seriously! gutted if he doesnt come back but all the best to him hope he gets that wee break through down there!
now we can see the true talent of doyle:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Good luck to him I say. If he gets a chance down south and screws the nut he can be a great success.

And yes, lets give Doyle the confidence and game time. Showed wee glimpses at the 3-0 Dunfy game that he can become an important player for us. I've been impressed with his attitude :agree:

Ultrabee1-0
31-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Good luck to him I say. If he gets a chance down south and screws the nut he can be a great success.

And yes, lets give Doyle the confidence and game time. Showed wee glimpses at the 3-0 Dunfy game that he can become an important player for us. I've been impressed with his attitude :agree:
got the same opinion i quite like doyle think he is gona be a very good player !

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2012, 06:58 PM
:agree: If that's what he wants to do good luck to him, you can't blame any player for wanting to try his luck down there. We can't be waiting about on the off chance Wolves don't want him though.

Agree with this.....

ekhibee
31-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Agree with some on here and think he did improve as the season went on, best of luck to him down south as well. If I had a criticism I thought he was a bit one dimensional, he had pace but the whole world and his dog knew what he was going to do when he got anywhere near the penalty box, and that made it relatively easy for teams like Hearts to virtually mark him out of the game. If he can add another dimension to his game he would be a truly awesome striker, but it's hard to knock him, he worked hard for the cause, and scored some good goals too. Unfortunately we might well need a better striker than him to progress up the league, someone who offers something a bit different, but whether there is one, and whether he would come to Hibs is really anybody's guess. Just my opinion though, as I said, I would always wish players like Griffiths all the best, they work hard and deserve a chance in a league like the Championship.

Littlest Hobo
31-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Don't want to pay money to watch a spoilt bairn.

He was part of that ***** at Hampden, he could have tackled Suso or at least put the ball out of play.

Forget him, and get some talent in that the young lads can look up to.

stantonhibby
31-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Don't want to pay money to watch a spoilt bairn.

He was part of that ***** at Hampden, he could have tackled Suso or at least put the ball out of play.

Forget him, and get some talent in that the young lads can look up to.

a tad harsh i would say.

I thought he did well for us and when he popped in that winner in the semi gave us probably our biggest high as fans since the 2007 CIS final.

Eyrie
31-05-2012, 07:45 PM
He played well for us and deserves the chance to play at a higher standard than the SPL, so let's hope he makes it with Wolves.

If not, then he'll be a free agent next year.

Del Boy
31-05-2012, 07:47 PM
No big loss.

Pretty Boy
31-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Griffiths has the potential to be a very good player.

He needs to work on his temprament and composure imo but for footballing ability he was very good for Hibs.

Good luck to him at the higher level and if it doesn't work out I'd have him back in a second. For our sake I'd hope that's sooner rather than later although for his sake I hope it works out for him at Wolves.

MrSmith
31-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Not a great article, however, "last year of his deal" Leigh holds all the cards there! Could be his way of forcing the issue as in, let him go now and free up the wage or you him me for a year and get nothing at the end!

just sayin likes...

Albanian Hibs
31-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Heard today that he is in a bit of trouble. Got into a fight in one of the big shops up town. Cant really say much more as I dont want to get the person who told me in trouble. Will no doubt be in the morning papers.

chrisski33
31-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Heard today that he is in a bit of trouble. Got into a fight in one of the big shops up town. Cant really say much more as I dont want to get the person who told me in trouble. Will no doubt be in the morning papers.

hmmmm cant wait to see the papers

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2012, 08:54 PM

How can you get into a fight in a shop (mind you Harvey Nicks xmas sale is fraught with danger I suppose:greengrin)? Was he fighting with a supporter AH?

Hibs90
31-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Not saying he is going to return or otherwise, but there is hee-haw in that article that gives any impression of being informed. Not a single quote from Leigh, anyone at Wolves, anyone at Hibs, anyone at Greggs, the fish man...

True but he did say it in the video interview with the Irish kid.

LancashireHibby
31-05-2012, 09:05 PM
He's got all the technical ability in the world, but I'm afraid he came across as someone who just couldn't keep control of himself and ended up a liability as you could just sense he was going to boot someone if things weren't going his way. Good luck to him at Wolves though, will be interesting to see how he goes in the Championship.

chrisski33
31-05-2012, 09:06 PM

Albanian Hibs
31-05-2012, 09:06 PM
How can you get into a fight in a shop (mind you Harvey Nicks xmas sale is fraught with danger I suppose:greengrin)? Was he fighting with a supporter AH?

His lady was there and I dont think the other person involved was a hibs fan, think it was just a random shopper.

Albanian Hibs
31-05-2012, 09:09 PM

me too, then we will see what an erse he is. Its a shame cause I would love to see Leigh back at us next season.

BarneyK
31-05-2012, 09:17 PM
True but he did say it in the video interview with the Irish kid.

He did, though he said exactly what you would expect him to say. I think his first choice is to make a go of it at Wolves, just depends what Wolves thoughts are.

chrisski33
31-05-2012, 09:29 PM
me too, then we will see what an erse he is. Its a shame cause I would love to see Leigh back at us next season.

You would think he would know better by now! Think nothing will be persued by Hibs to sign him if hes in more bother

East Coast Hibe
31-05-2012, 09:42 PM
A mate of mine, who is also mate of his, said that some Yam supporter had a go at him and his bird in a shop in town and there was some sort of scuffle. I suppose that he needs to expect that though.

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2012, 09:58 PM
A mate of mine, who is also mate of his, said that some Yam supporter had a go at him and his bird in a shop in town and there was some sort of scuffle. I suppose that he needs to expect that though.

I disagree, he was in town shopping with his girlfriend, that does not make him fair game IMO

Littlest Hobo
31-05-2012, 10:13 PM
a tad harsh i would say.

I thought he did well for us and when he popped in that winner in the semi gave us probably our biggest high as fans since the 2007 CIS final.

He did ok for us but his behaviour was lamentable.

I want to like the players I pay to watch in a Hibs jersey, I really had to dig deep to like that horrible little **** at times.

Albanian Hibs
01-06-2012, 05:45 AM

thats not exactly what happened, it was more to do with his girlfriend.

MB62
01-06-2012, 08:24 AM
On McPake, if the deal is £100,000, £3,000 and 3 years then I can understand why the club might be reluctant on the length of contract, given James injury worries of late. He is defo somebody I would try and build a team around but if he insists on a 3 year deal then an intensive medical on his back might be required before relenting to his request.

As for Griffiths, I can take him or leave him, never really been a big fan of his. If we sign him, fine, he will do a job, but if we don't the again, fine, no sleep lost there for me. Both Leigh and O'Connor did a trick for us and I think both suffered more due to our poor, mega slow midfield than maybe their own faults.

Like Andy74, I am in no panic about signing Tom, Dick and Harry now. Most players will be taking an extended summer holiday I would imagine and as the window only opens today, let Pat start doing his negotiating now and see what happens.

From now until the end of August P.F. has almost a whole squad to build and he will be busy. Players will be weighing up their own options and I doubt there will be a big queue of class players battering on Rods door asking to sign for us, so it's going to be a long and probably frustrating at times, 3 months.

Famous5forever
01-06-2012, 09:08 AM
On McPake, if the deal is £100,000, £3,000 and 3 years then I can understand why the club might be reluctant on the length of contract, given James injury worries of late. He is defo somebody I would try and build a team around but if he insists on a 3 year deal then an intensive medical on his back might be required before relenting to his request.

As for Griffiths, I can take him or leave him, never really been a big fan of his. If we sign him, fine, he will do a job, but if we don't the again, fine, no sleep lost there for me. Both Leigh and O'Connor did a trick for us and I think both suffered more due to our poor, mega slow midfield than maybe their own faults.

Like Andy74, I am in no panic about signing Tom, Dick and Harry now. Most players will be taking an extended summer holiday I would imagine and as the window only opens today, let Pat start doing his negotiating now and see what happens.

From now until the end of August P.F. has almost a whole squad to build and he will be busy. Players will be weighing up their own options and I doubt there will be a big queue of class players battering on Rods door asking to sign for us, so it's going to be a long and probably frustrating at times, 3 months.

We cant wait till the last few days of the window and bring in all the players then. We need at least 7 new players and the sooner they are brought in the better As for Leigh sorry he is a good player but something is not right as regards his attitude and i think Paddy knows that id be surprised if he returned.

silverhibee
01-06-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4349816/Hibs-ace-probed-on-shop-bust-up.html

MyJo
01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Expect griffiths to do pre-season with wolves and if he is still out of the picture come the end of August I wouldn't rule out a move back to us before the transfer window shuts

MB62
01-06-2012, 10:20 AM
We cant wait till the last few days of the window and bring in all the players then. We need at least 7 new players and the sooner they are brought in the better As for Leigh sorry he is a good player but something is not right as regards his attitude and i think Paddy knows that id be surprised if he returned.

I certainly never suggested we should be doing that, but it will, or should, be a steady progress of signing players between now and then. I would imagine there will be a surge in signings, maybe 3 or 4, then a steady stream afterwards as Pat has a near whole squad to sign. What I did say though is that I am not in a panic just because we have not signed anybody in day one of the transfer window opening.

Opinions on Griffiths are just that, opinions, and ours look like they differ slightly on that subject.

Winston Ingram
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Good luck to him but I think it's safe to say he isn't good enough for the Championship:agree:

PatHead
01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Notice Leigh Griffiths story is in Evening News now.

Interesting story also about Jambo Kickback administrator who treated his wife as a sex slave. 'Nuff said

paul_hfc3
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Gutted if true Sparky was a legend. He loved Hibs as much as the fans and I appreciate that a lot in this current time in football and as Hibs as a club just now. For example GoC going uptown and gettin pissed uptown after the final as though he had just played 5 a side football. Plus Sparky is arguably our best player except maybe McPake. I would be really gutted if he was to leave Hibs. Great player.

hibbiedon
01-06-2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4349816/Hibs-ace-probed-on-shop-bust-up.html

cannot believe anyone falling out with their wives or girlfriends in public, Glad I never played for Hibs I would have made the front page every week,

superfurryhibby
01-06-2012, 12:01 PM

Another quality moment from Leigh (if true).

Wish him well, he made a reasonable contribution but jesus christ, what a numpty!

Famous5forever
01-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I certainly never suggested we should be doing that, but it will, or should, be a steady progress of signing players between now and then. I would imagine there will be a surge in signings, maybe 3 or 4, then a steady stream afterwards as Pat has a near whole squad to sign. What I did say though is that I am not in a panic just because we have not signed anybody in day one of the transfer window opening.

Opinions on Griffiths are just that, opinions, and ours look like they differ slightly on that subject.

Yes i get your point, plus i forgot about the Euros so probably be quiet till after that tournament is finished as regards our new players coming in.

jdships
01-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Interesting to see no one has mentioned " greegages" !!!!!
Can you blame him if he decides to stay with Wolves on a wage that is probably three / four times more tha he could expect at ER ?
For me " the jury is still out" on Griffiths - would be happy to see him back but at the same time won't be too upset if he stays down south

heretoday
01-06-2012, 02:33 PM
He showed a lot in periods of the season but was inconsistent and far from the finished article. I wouldn't mind seeing him back at ER but playing off a couple of experienced front men. Not G O'C!

East Coast Hibe
01-06-2012, 02:52 PM
cannot believe anyone falling out with their wives or girlfriends in public, Glad I never played for Hibs I would have made the front page every week,

Thats not the whole story either!
He fell out with his bird because sum jambo was giving them a hard time in the shop and sparky was for sorting him out. His bird got involved in trying to defuse the situation and he ended up having a bit of a shouting match with her!

It's funny how papers only report the bit of the story that they want. It says he has been charged with causing a disturbance? Christ there is a disturbance in my street every Saturday night :)

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Gutted if true Sparky was a bellend.

..closer to the truth :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
01-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Imagine falling out with your bird in public eh. Forgot every **** on this board is perfect.....

As for Leigh, I hope next season he will be in a Hibs top.

paul_hfc3
01-06-2012, 05:06 PM
..closer to the truth :greengrin

Hahaha. Boo twisting my words of the brilliant truth of a brilliant player. I think he reads Hibs.net too btw.

P.s. if you are reading this Sparky your a legend stay at Hibs.:flag:

Seveno
01-06-2012, 05:14 PM

If this is true then it's yet another reason why we don't need him ER. Talent isn't enough, players need to know how to behave and how to be a good professional.

Discipline, on and off the pitch, has to be the foundation for us going forward. Our club has become a joke and I'm sick of it.

Hibs07p
01-06-2012, 07:16 PM
I believe Sparky is away to Newcastle on a stag night tonight. Maybe his missus was arguing about him going away, or his choice of attire for the occasion, dressed as a penguin.

GGTTH

ancient hibee
01-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Was this bird number one or bird number two or a new one?

hibsbollah
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Sparky and the penguins are on my train to newcastle. theyre all steaming and the stag penguin (if you know what i mean) has just got naked.

hope they have a good night :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
01-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I believe it was more than just an argument

Andy74
01-06-2012, 09:02 PM
I believe it was more than just an argument

You don't generally attract police attention for a wee argument with the missus.

heretoday
01-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I have to say that it will be a while before I enter the portals of Jenners again.

Even for socks.

Beefster
02-06-2012, 07:04 AM
I have to say that it will be a while before I enter the portals of Jenners again.

Even for socks.

Jenners is mince these days anyway - it's just a pricier version of House of Fraser now.

Hibs90
02-06-2012, 07:05 AM

Firstly, he's not a Hibs player. Massively over exaggerated argument about buying some new shoes me thinks.

bingo70
02-06-2012, 07:36 AM
That boy really is an absolute fud.

Totally fed up with hibs players being complete weapons, please please please can we sign proper dedicated professionals this summer and not a bunch of wasters with potential.

Baldy Foghorn
02-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Jenners is mince these days anyway - it's just a pricier version of House of Fraser now.

Jenners is owned by House of Fraser now.

Beefster
02-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Jenners is owned by House of Fraser now.

Yeah, that was sort of my point. They've turned it into a bit of a posh branch of the rest of their stores.

Wotherspiniesta
02-06-2012, 11:55 AM
That boy really is an absolute fud.

Totally fed up with hibs players being complete weapons, please please please can we sign proper dedicated professionals this summer and not a bunch of wasters with potential.

Sorry, but how does having an arguement with his bird make him a "waster".

A couple of silly gestures, an argument with his boss and an argument with his wife.

It's hardly cocaine-possesion, ferrari-smashing, banned from every nightclub in Edinburgh type behaviour is it?

:giruy:

bingo70
02-06-2012, 12:02 PM

A couple of silly gestures, an argument with his boss and an argument with his wife.

It's hardly cocaine-possesion, ferrari-smashing, banned from every nightclub in Edinburgh type behaviour is it?

Have you ever had the police called or chucked out a shop cos of an argument with your bird? If so your probably a fud as well

A couple of silly gestures isn't a bit silly or a bit boisterous its being a total fud, having 2 kids born to different women weeks apart is being a total twat as well.

The guys a fanny and I'm far from convinced he's even that good at football.

Even your smilie annoys me, for some reason we seem to glorify these wasters who are more interested in being billy big baws than proper professionals.

Wotherspiniesta
02-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Have you ever had the police called or chucked out a shop cos of an argument with your bird? If so your probably a fud as well

A couple of silly gestures isn't a bit silly or a bit boisterous its being a total fud, having 2 kids born to different women weeks apart is being a total twat as well.

The guys a fanny and I'm far from convinced he's even that good at football.

Even your smilie annoys me, for some reason we seem to glorify these wasters who are more interested in being billy big baws than proper professionals.

First of all, your language is uncalled for. Calm yourself.

Second of all, the game needs characters like Sparky. Passionate young guy living the dream, playing for the team he loves. It overspills on occasions as we seen a couple of times.

If you don't rate Sparky, I'd hate to see your opinion on the rest of the team last year. He was a bright spark (pardon the pun) on the park for us last year and his goals helped tremendously.

He may be a bit of a volatile young chap, but he's hardly wasting his career with actions like this. We've all had a bit of a barmy that's got out of control, it's not like he's pissing away his career on George Street though, is it?

I'd welcome him back, for sure.

bingo70
02-06-2012, 12:34 PM
First of all, your language is uncalled for. Calm yourself.

Second of all, the game needs characters like Sparky. Passionate young guy living the dream, playing for the team he loves. It overspills on occasions as we seen a couple of times.

If you don't rate Sparky, I'd hate to see your opinion on the rest of the team last year. He was a bright spark (pardon the pun) on the park for us last year and his goals helped tremendously.

He may be a bit of a volatile young chap, but he's hardly wasting his career with actions like this. We've all had a bit of a barmy that's got out of control, it's not like he's pissing away his career on George Street though, is it?

I'd welcome him back, for sure.

I didn't think my language was that bad but I do have a bit of a potty mouth! Apologies if you took offence to it.

As for the jist of your post I disagree, I think the game needs characters that play with a smile on there face, enjoy the game and set a good example and he does none of them.

As for my views on the rest of them if you thought my language was bad in my last post then probably best I don't go into too much detail other than saying I didn't think they were very good.

silverhibee
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM

He is still young, give him time and i am sure we will read more about him as time goes by.

You never know he may get banned from shopping in Princess Street as part of his bail conditions when he appears in court over his breach of peace.

Or he may grow up to be a sensible lad, you just never know eh. :wink:

Garry really needs to grow up eh. :greengrin :cb

Big Ed
02-06-2012, 12:48 PM
the game needs characters like Sparky.

Does it really? I'd rather it had more characters like Messi: Brilliant player - not a twat.

Wotherspiniesta
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I didn't think my language was that bad but I do have a bit of a potty mouth! Apologies if you took offence to it.

As for the jist of your post I disagree, I think the game needs characters that play with a smile on there face, enjoy the game and set a good example and he does none of them.

As for my views on the rest of them if you thought my language was bad in my last post then probably best I don't go into too much detail other than saying I didn't think they were very good.

Well in 4 short sentences you managed to call me a fud and call Leigh a total fud, a total twat, a fanny and billy bigbaws. Think that's pretty uncalled for.

So, in your mind, everyone should be playing with a smile on their face? What a boring game that would be. The game needs spikey individuals who polarise opinion. Like Balotelli.

Leigh's a young man who needs to screw the nut and channel his passion for the good of himself and the team. I think towards the end of the season, Fenlon was getting the best out of him in that regards and if we brung him back he'd definately be an asset for us next season.

hibsmad
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM

Although I agree with you that this incident does not make him a waster, I have now changed my mind on wanting Leigh to stick around at Hibs next season. I think that, as pretty much everyone else is pointing out, we need a complete new start and to get away from the unprofessional culture we currently have at Hibs. I think that this has to include players like Leigh who tends to be in the press for "unfortunate" incidents. I have also been made aware of his preference being to go back down south due to personal issues in his life up here.

I have nothing against Leigh but I honestly think that at this particular point (Hibs being at ground zero etc) it is probably best that we go our separate ways. Also, it isn't as if it is Leigh or no one, if he is not here then it probably frees up in the region of 3k per week and I would like to think that Fenlon can get his hands on a not too shabby striker who may A - be settled, B - have his head screwed on, and C - be able to stay of the front pages of the newspapers.

bingo70
02-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Well in 4 short sentences you managed to call me a fud and call Leigh a total fud, a total twat, a fanny and billy bigbaws. Think that's pretty uncalled for.

So, in your mind, everyone should be playing with a smile on their face? What a boring game that would be. The game needs spikey individuals who polarise opinion. Like Balotelli.

Leigh's a young man who needs to screw the nut and channel his passion for the good of himself and the team. I think towards the end of the season, Fenlon was getting the best out of him in that regards and if we brung him back he'd definately be an asset for us next season.

Och pipe doon, you said you had a problem with my language so I apologised.

The game wouldn't be boring if people played with a smile on their face, why would it?

And for the record I only called you a fud if you've been thrown out a shop for arguing with yer bird and I stand by that, if you have you probably are one but I'm guessing you've not so your probably not one.

Wotherspiniesta
02-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Och pipe doon, you said you had a problem with my language so I apologised.

The game wouldn't be boring if people played with a smile on their face, why would it?

And for the record I only called you a fud if you've been thrown out a shop for arguing with yer bird and I stand by that, if you have you probably are one but I'm guessing you've not so your probably not one.

You said you didn't think your language was that bad. I was just pointing out how bad it was. Apology accepted though :aok:

The game would be boring because their would be barely anything to talk about. We need players who are a bit of a prick or who are a bit out there or we'd all just be nodding heads together, shaking hands and babling about the same rubbish every week.

Sport is filled with great sportsman who polarise opinions in one way or another. Tiger Woods, Manu Tuilagi, Ronaldo, Balotelli, Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton, Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Ray_
02-06-2012, 01:29 PM
You said you didn't think your language was that bad. I was just pointing out how bad it was. Apology accepted though :aok:

The game would be boring because their would be barely anything to talk about. We need players who are a bit of a prick or who are a bit out there or we'd all just be nodding heads together, shaking hands and babling about the same rubbish every week.

Sport is filled with great sportsman who polarise opinions in one way or another. Tiger Woods, Manu Tuilagi, Ronaldo, Balotelli, Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton, Ronnie O'Sullivan.

When you get bunch after bunch of very average footballers that think their the bee's knee's and behave like some of the ones that you've mentioned, that's when the problem ratchets up several notches.

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2012, 01:31 PM
When you get bunch after bunch of very average footballers that think their the bee's knee's and behave like some of the ones that you've mentioned, that's when the problem ratchets up several notches.

:agree: And then its no surprise folk then say enough is enough.

DH1875
02-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Good luck to him but I think it's safe to say he isn't good enough for the Championship:agree:

You think? I reckon he will score goals in the Championship. Darren Jackson said on off the ball today that Griffiths wont be back at Hibs next season.

Does it really? I'd rather it had more characters like Messi: Brilliant player - not a twat.

Lionel Messi is a twat. Might be for different reasons, but he is a twat.

(Cracking footballer though :agree:).

silverhibee
02-06-2012, 02:15 PM

Seems a nice guy eh.

What a character he must be, a little twat if the story is true. :cb

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/lionel-messi/9257507/Barcelona-defend-Lionel-Messi-over-Royston-Drenthe-racism-accusations.html

silverhibee
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
You think? I reckon he will score goals in the Championship. Darren Jackson said on off the ball today that Griffiths wont be back at Hibs next season.

Lionel Messi is a twat. Might be for different reasons, but he is a twat.

(Cracking footballer though :agree:).

That's his agent so he will know what Griffiths is up to, i believe DJ. :agree:

Big Ed
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Seems a nice guy eh.

What a character he must be, a little twat if the story is true. :cb

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/lionel-messi/9257507/Barcelona-defend-Lionel-Messi-over-Royston-Drenthe-racism-accusations.html

if...

silverhibee
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
if...

There is a few quotes from Royston Drenthe there, is he telling lies then, i notice that Messi himself never denied it only his club. :rolleyes:

Hibiza
02-06-2012, 03:27 PM
:bye:

Big Ed
02-06-2012, 04:54 PM
There is a few quotes from Royston Drenthe there, is he telling lies then, i notice that Messi himself never denied it only his club. :rolleyes:

I'm not disputing that Drenthe made the accusations and neither am I calling him a liar: but for anyone to conclude that Messi is a racist, based solely on the anecdotal evidence of one man, is a bit much.

neilmartinrocks
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm not disputing that Drenthe made the accusations and neither am I calling him a liar: but for anyone to conclude that Messi is a racist, based solely on the anecdotal evidence of one man, is a bit much.

been good enough for some on here before!!:greengrin

heretoday
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Griffiths is far too lightweight for the C'ship or even the 1st Div. Big powerful defenders there dealing in dead legs.

Come back to Easter Road!

Holmesdale Hibs
02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Griffiths is far too lightweight for the C'ship or even the 1st Div. Big powerful defenders there dealing in dead legs.

Come back to Easter Road!

Dunno, he's still young and I could see him doing ok in the championship, definitely in the first division.

I agree with the second part though, if there is a chance of signing him then we should take it.