PDA

View Full Version : Big Meeting

archiebald
30-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Hibs supporters ask to meet the board- on STV now :cb

marinello59
30-05-2012, 05:19 PM

Has whoever it is told the board yet or just STV?

HibbyDave
30-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Will this be an "Open Meeting" or just an invite to those selected Fans' Spokespeople?

Hibs90
30-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Didn't know they spoke for all Hibs fans..(just on STV)

archiebald
30-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh dear-its Mr Reilly again

Westie1875
30-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Didn't know they spoke for all Hibs fans..(just on STV)

Again? What do we all allegedly want now? :rolleyes:

Andy74
30-05-2012, 05:27 PM

To congratulate them on reaching the cup final? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
30-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm always a bit concerned when a group or individual claims to speak on behalf of or for the 'majority' of fans.

One only has to look at the threads on here to see how much differing of opinion there is. Add to this the fact that a hell of a lot of fans aren't members of the supporters association or a supporters club, and to my knowledge the association has no agreed agenda and I must admit to not being overly happy that Mr Reilly wishes to speak to the club on my/our behalf.

Barney McGrew
30-05-2012, 05:37 PM
I must admit to not being overly happy that Mr Reilly wishes to speak to the club on my/our behalf.

Especially seeing as he seems to be able to spectacularly go against the feeling of the majority of the Hibs support every time he opens his mouth

Disc O'Dave
30-05-2012, 06:05 PM

He's probably worried that Rod's going to vote against a Rangers Newco getting straight back in.......:rolleyes:

marinello59
30-05-2012, 06:30 PM

I heard that top of his list was a demand that we play in maroon in future. FACT

SRHibs
30-05-2012, 06:31 PM
'Our' spokesman is an utter bellend. Needs to stop veiling his own views as those of all Hibernian FC supporters.

nonshinyfinish
30-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Mike Reilly. Nuff said. :bitchy:

gobragh1875
30-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Comw on guys if it wasnt for these guys who would speak up for the real hibs supporters that guys a bawbag no more no less btw did not see him up at inverness or at many of the away games last season i wonder why

Eyrie
30-05-2012, 07:27 PM
To save time later, can I disassociate myself in advance from whatever it is Reilly wants to say to the board?

lyonhibs
30-05-2012, 07:59 PM

That man and his horse***** opinions that get transposed as being represtentative of "Hibs fans" = :loser:

The Green Goblin
30-05-2012, 08:02 PM
How is it that a man who said "the SPL needs Rangers" whilst claiming to represent Hibs fans is taken seriously, by the club, by STV and so on...?

Cabbage East
30-05-2012, 08:04 PM
He doesn't represent me.

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Of course the Association does not represent all hibs fans views, but a meeting has been called to ascertain as to what the plans are for the Club going forward, as the last few years have been nothing short of shambolic IMO, so again IMO asking the appropriate people these questions can only be a good thing.

woody47
30-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Of course the Association does not represent all hibs fans views, but a meeting has been called to ascertain as to what the plans are for the Club going forward, as the last few years have been nothing short of shambolic IMO, so again IMO asking the appropriate people these questions can only be a good thing.

Yes asking the appropriate questions IS a good thing........ but HE should be asking the fans FIRST what should be getting asked and not his own personal feelings/thoughts/questions. He does not and never will represent me nor anyone I know so he needs to get of his high horse and listen to the rest of the fans on what they want. Only then should he get anywhere near the board to ask questions on our behalf.

ScottB
30-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Only if the person asking the questions is truly asking what 'we' all want to know, and not just using his position to push his own agendas.

I'd much more favour the style used on here, where questions were collated, the ones with the most backing forwarded on etc. Rather than some guy who it would appear from his previous statements shares little in common with the views of the average Hibs fan...

JohnStephens91
30-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Why do we not create different groups for the different message boards regarding our club and have representatives meeting on a regular basis (once every 2 weeks or so) to discuss the questions raised by fans on the boards and then take it into a meeting with the directors on a monthly basis? It seems like a fair idea and it stops the power hungry people from taking control over what the fans want to say.

.Sean.
30-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Has this bellcheif Reilly identified himself on here? I can't recall myself ever agreeing with any of the pish he's spouted.

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2012, 08:47 PM

I'm all for asking the club questions, but 100% against Mike Reilly being anywhere near the meeting. His views are a million miles away from what the vast majority of the Hibs support want. His recent interviews have also been a shambles, and he does not represent me in any way whatsoever.

I'm surprised this idiot has not been voted out of his position, although it is more of a social club than a supporters club these days.

hibee92
30-05-2012, 08:48 PM
He doesn't represent me.

Bang on.

dazzhfc
30-05-2012, 08:51 PM
How is it that a man who said "the SPL needs Rangers" whilst claiming to represent Hibs fans is taken seriously, by the club, by STV and so on...?

I hardly ever manage to post on here, mainly because I read the threads on my phone which isnt good enough to let me post replies, and I rarely get the chance to go on my laptop. But after reading this I wanted to let it be known- Mike Reilly(who I have never met, barely heard of, and certainly would not recognise in the street) most certainly does not speak on behalf of me, ANY Hibs fans I know, and going by this thread, hardly any Hibs fans whatsoever. I would prefer it next time he speaks to STV or whoever, that he says he speaks on behalf of himself, and a couple of his mates. Nobody should speak on behalf of the supporters unless every single one of us has been asked the questions, and then they can say what percentage of us agree with their views. How can somebody speak on my behalf when I havent even been asked?

down-the-slope
30-05-2012, 08:51 PM
The man is a plum.

.net & the bounce could provide much better representation

Bostonhibby
30-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Especially seeing as he seems to be able to spectacularly go against the feeling of the majority of the Hibs support every time he opens his mouth

:agree: Couldn't we have a poll to see who does / doesn't feel this plum represents them? or indeed if they feel able to speak for themselves!

surreyhibbie
30-05-2012, 09:02 PM
If the guy is that big a plum I would hope that the board will treat his comments appropriately.

DC_Hibs
30-05-2012, 09:03 PM
MIKEY - here's a question from me to put to the board (ya slavering plum).
Will you again provide the manager with the 4th best budget (or 3rd depending on Hertz budget cuts).
If so, that'll do me, thanks.

Let's hope the current manager can do something with it as the previous phannies clearly haven't in a league that is seriously bad.

From heroes to zeros within 50 minutes on cup final day.

Geo_1875
30-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Or why not contact Rod and the rest of the board and tell them that if they answer any questions from any body of so called Hibs fans with a different point of view we'll be organising the biggest ****ing boycott in the history of ****ing boycotts.

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 09:05 PM
The man is a plum.

.net & the bounce could provide much better representation

As .net is a Branch of the Association I would imagine that a representative from here will be invited to attend?

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2012, 09:09 PM
As .net is a Branch of the Association I would imagine that a representative from here will be invited to attend?

BF, how many members does the club have these days, and do members include the likes of anybody who just wants to be a member of a social club?

I suppose what i'm trying to say, is whats your guess on actual supporters who are members, rather than just social members?

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Yes asking the appropriate questions IS a good thing........ but HE should be asking the fans FIRST what should be getting asked and not his own personal feelings/thoughts/questions. He does not and never will represent me nor anyone I know so he needs to get of his high horse and listen to the rest of the fans on what they want. Only then should he get anywhere near the board to ask questions on our behalf.

Only if the person asking the questions is truly asking what 'we' all want to know, and not just using his position to push his own agendas.

I'd much more favour the style used on here, where questions were collated, the ones with the most backing forwarded on etc. Rather than some guy who it would appear from his previous statements shares little in common with the views of the average Hibs fan...

I'm all for asking the club questions, but 100% against Mike Reilly being anywhere near the meeting. His views are a million miles away from what the vast majority of the Hibs support want. His recent interviews have also been a shambles, and he does not represent me in any way whatsoever.

I'm surprised this idiot has not been voted out of his position, although it is more of a social club than a supporters club these days.

I don't think he has ever said that his views are exactly the same as every other Hibs fan, he usually says that it is his own opinion, however the journalists like to tag his position as Chairman of Association to any interview.

The Association has circa 3,500 members so indeed not wholly representative of our general support, and indeed not everyone in Association shares the same views.... Whatever people think of him, he is acting in his position of the Association, and wants to find out more about the Clubs plans....

There will be a few Association committee bodies there, which representatives from all Branches affiliated to the Association, of which .net is one........Maybe whoever is attending from here, could collate such questions beforehand.

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 09:15 PM
BF, how many members does the club have these days, and do members include the likes of anybody who just wants to be a member of a social club?

I suppose what i'm trying to say, is whats your guess on actual supporters who are members, rather than just social members?

I have no idea how many members are supporter's who go to Easter Road, or how many are just social members? However, on a matchday, the club empties prior to kick off, which is a good indication that the vast majority of members are supporter's.

marinello59
30-05-2012, 09:15 PM
I don't think he has ever said that his views are exactly the same as every other Hibs fan, he usually says that it is his own opinion, however the journalists like to tag his position as Chairman of Association to any interview.

The Association has circa 3,500 members so indeed not wholly representative of our general support, and indeed not everyone in Association shares the same views.... Whatever people think of him, he is acting in his position of the Association, and wants to find out more about the Clubs plans....

There will be a few Association committee bodies there, which representatives from all Branches affiliated to the Association, of which .net is one........Maybe whoever is attending from here, could collate such questions beforehand.

So he has approached the press to publicise his meeting with the board before approaching any branch reps? Seems an odd way to go about things.

Jonnyboy
30-05-2012, 09:17 PM

I've long thought the HSA is predominantly a social club but have refrained from criticising it openly because there are a significant number of good and genuine Hibs fans that are members. AFAIK they do not have any official connection to Hibs, do not put any money directly into the club and have elected officials who, whether we like it or not, the media will seek out for opinions and views.

On this occasion however it would appear to have been the HSA/Mike Reilly that's contacted the media

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 09:18 PM
So he has approached the press to publicise his meeting with the board before approaching any branch reps? Seems an odd way to go about things.

Branches were approached prior to the press release, not sure if .net was spoken to though?

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I have no idea how many members are supporter's who go to Easter Road, or how many are just social members? However, on a matchday, the club empties prior to kick off, which is a good indication that the vast majority of members are supporter's.

Cheers, is it still busy pre match? How many would you say are in on a Saturday pre match?

Jonnyboy
30-05-2012, 09:19 PM

Not really

Members will go there before games but it doesn't follow that the majority of members are supporters! If there's around 3,500 members and on a match day a few hundred use the club it's way short of a majority :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I've long thought the HSA is predominantly a social club but have refrained from criticising it openly because there are a significant number of good and genuine Hibs fans that are members. AFAIK they do not have any official connection to Hibs, do not put any money directly into the club and have elected officials who, whether we like it or not, the media will seek out for opinions and views.

On this occasion however it would appear to have been the HSA/Mike Reilly that's contacted the media

Thats the upshot, the press go to the Association for snippets, happened before with Frank Dougan, now happening with Mike Reilly....

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Cheers, is it still busy pre match? How many would you say are in on a Saturday pre match?

Again guessing but the Bar, games room, and main hall are usually busy, with the overspill going upstairs, maybe say 400-500? Not a definitive answer though?

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Not really

Members will go there before games but it doesn't follow that the majority of members are supporters! If there's around 3,500 members and on a match day a few hundred use the club it's way short of a majority :wink:

Of course, but not all members use the facilities and the club could not hold all members at the same time.....My Branch for example has 140 members, and I would say that on a matchday maybe 30 use the facilities, however each and every member is a Hibs supporter.....

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Or why not contact Rod and the rest of the board and tell them that if they answer any questions from any body of so called Hibs fans with a different point of view we'll be organising the biggest ****ing boycott in the history of ****ing boycotts.

Hibs .net and Bounce for example, could quite easily write to the Board, and ask for a meeting to get opinions over and raise questions.....The Hibs Board is not a closed shop anymore.....

As is always the case the Association seems to get panned for some reason....

Jonnyboy
30-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Hibs .net and Bounce for example, could quite easily write to the Board, and ask for a meeting to get opinions over and raise questions.....The Hibs Board is not a closed shop anymore.....

There's a common denominator in these 'panning' threads and his initials are MR :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 09:33 PM
There's a common denominator in these 'panning' threads and his initials are MR :wink:

Agree Jonnyboy but when Frank Dougan was asked for opinions, we got the same comments in certain quarters, saying he does not speak for me.....I know the views of FD and MR, are not representative of all fans views, but I don't think they actually say that they are....

Jonnyboy
30-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Agree Jonnyboy but when Frank Dougan was asked for opinions, we got the same comments in certain quarters, saying he does not speak for me.....I know the views of FD and MR, are not representative of all fans views, but I don't think they actually say that they are....

I agree. These guys are asked to comment and never say they are a spokesman for the fans. It's the media that give that tag. I think MR's problem is that he seems detached from reality when he speaks about Hibs

Dinkydoo
30-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Should someone who quite obviously doesn't share the same views as a large* proportion of Hibernian supporters really be "Chairman" of a 'Hibs Supporters Club', where they have seemingly frequent contact with the media?

* Large as in, almost every Hibee's opinion I've read about online, in a tabloid, heard on the radio and chatted to/about in person....... :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
30-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Should probably add I'm not expecting much from this meeting, if it even goes ahead.

After all we're still waiting for the second lot of answers to the questions submitted to the board months ago.

marinello59
30-05-2012, 10:02 PM

Branches were approached prior to the press release, not sure if .net was spoken to though?

No, we weren't.

Nevi1875
30-05-2012, 10:09 PM
He doesn't represent me.

Same over here

Baldy Foghorn
30-05-2012, 10:26 PM
No, we weren't.

Ah right....

Pete
30-05-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't see the need for a meeting. A major statement outlining our new strategy should be made along with regular statements regarding its progress. I'd rather the board did this than waste one day of their time. They have an absolutely massive task on their hands and every single second should be spent on changing the culture and looking for the right players.
I know we want action and to know that they have a plan but I don't see the need for a meeting so that some people can chuck eggs about.

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2012, 11:00 PM

Mike Reillys views are nowhere near the views of the vast majority though BF, and he knows only too well any comment he gives will be spun as the Hibs supporters view.

Why would he continue to give his ridiculous comments while knowing this?

Littlest Hobo
30-05-2012, 11:03 PM
If as some on here have said that he backs Rangers to stay in the SPL then he can GTF!

What is it with Hibs and secret meetings?

Stantons Angel
30-05-2012, 11:11 PM
"Im surprised this idiot has not been voted out of his position, although it is more of a social club than a supporters club these days."

It would seem that not many posters will agree with anything that Mr Reilly says to the media?

I am a long time member of the HSA and do not hold the same views as many of my fellow members either. Its the media that give space to comments made from the chairman of the HSA. They have set him up to fall each and every time they print his comments. No matter what he says not everybody will agree with him nor with the fact he is supposed to be representing us the supporters!

As far as I am aware the HSA has always been a place were HIBERNIAN fans socialize together. In earlier times it was packed with people night and day at the weekends. These days hardly anyone is there unless for a function or an arranged evening's entertainment.

This leads me to believe that maybe these days the place is used by HIBS supporters as a supporters club rather than the social club we knew of the past.

As i say the media look for someone to say something, they found someone and he speaks?

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2012, 11:26 PM
"Im surprised this idiot has not been voted out of his position, although it is more of a social club than a supporters club these days."

It would seem that not many posters will agree with anything that Mr Reilly says to the media?

I am a long time member of the HSA and do not hold the same views as many of my fellow members either. Its the media that give space to comments made from the chairman of the HSA. They have set him up to fall each and every time they print his comments. No matter what he says not everybody will agree with him nor with the fact he is supposed to be representing us the supporters!

As far as I am aware the HSA has always been a place were HIBERNIAN fans socialize together. In earlier times it was packed with people night and day at the weekends. These days hardly anyone is there unless for a function or an arranged evening's entertainment.

This leads me to believe that maybe these days the place is used by HIBS supporters as a supporters club rather than the social club we knew of the past.

As i say the media look for someone to say something, they found someone and he speaks?

Me too, but i tend to think the voters who vote on these kind of things will be majorly diluted with members who dont even know Hibs play round the corner every 2nd week, and who he gets on very well with.

He is so far removed from the average Hibs fan in his views, that i dont understand why there has not been a backlash in that club, and an extraordinary AGM called for?

monktonharp
31-05-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm a bit confused as to the virile posts/abuse that the chairman of the HSA is getting here. he represents the members of the association, and although I've not heard or read any of his comments recently, why is he getting such a hard time? I am not aware of any invite to any meeting for our branch btw BF, but many on here seem to be deriding the supporters club and it's members at sunnyside, and yet a lot turn up certainly on match days, bring the kids ,meet socially etc . why then do I get the feeling that there are people on here that would prefer if there was no supporters club! , and all because they dont like the present chairman. think back a few years, when HFC almost went under, and think of the rallying call in those clubrooms by KennyMcClean , and where else can the supporters have had any meetings to fight the cause? certainly not at the end of a pc keyboard! If yer a Hibs supporter, go to the supporters club, it's not Mike Reilly's, it's yours.

marinello59
31-05-2012, 05:18 AM
I'm a bit confused as to the virile posts/abuse that the chairman of the HSA is getting here .

Some of the comments are OTT. It's a fair topic for debate but no need for some of the more abusive terms used.

Brooster
31-05-2012, 07:04 AM
There is no need for the abuse aimed at Mike Reilly on here. You can bet your bottom dollar all those making these comments have never even met him. Ive known Mike since I was growing up in Elphinstone when he lived there and he is a nice bloke and a good friend of my parents. I haven't had any dealings with him in a Hibs capacity therefore cannot comment on how he is fairing in his role as HSA Chairman. Our branch (East Lothian) has 150 members but we are not affiliated to the Association. We used to be but it was costing about £3 per member to join and we considered it wasn't worth the outlay as we lived out of town and would tend not to use the facilities much. Brockie can you confirm that we would still have to pay a mebership fee for each of our members? East Lothian Hibs would like to be involved somewhere along the line (attending the Big Meeting for example) but not at a cost of £500 or so.

I used the club a couple of times on matchdays last season and it was always heaving.

Geo_1875
31-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Mike Reillys views are nowhere near the views of the vast majority though BF, and he knows only too well any comment he gives will be spun as the Hibs supporters view.

Why would he continue to give his ridiculous comments while knowing this?

Probably because he knows if he says no comment to media enquiries he'll be derided as not being representative of the "vast majority" of Jobs supporters.

BarneyK
31-05-2012, 07:16 AM
I have no issue at all with the approach to meet with the board, I do however find it slightly odd the need to brief the media of these plans. Are they trying to set themselves up as some kind of Ultras group? What next, camped outside training demanding to speak with the captain...

matty_f
31-05-2012, 07:32 AM
There is no need for the abuse aimed at Mike Reilly on here. You can bet your bottom dollar all those making these comments have never even met him. Ive known Mike since I was growing up in Elphinstone when he lived there and he is a nice bloke and a good friend of my parents. I haven't had any dealings with him in a Hibs capacity therefore cannot comment on how he is fairing in his role as HSA Chairman. Our branch (East Lothian) has 150 members but we are not affiliated to the Association. We used to be but it was costing about £3 per member to join and we considered it wasn't worth the outlay as we lived out of town and would tend not to use the facilities much. Brockie can you confirm that we would still have to pay a mebership fee for each of our members? East Lothian Hibs would like to be involved somewhere along the line (attending the Big Meeting for example) but not at a cost of £500 or so.

I used the club a couple of times on matchdays last season and it was always heaving.

I agree with that, it's totally uncalled for. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Probably because he knows if he says no comment to media enquiries he'll be derided as not being representative of the "vast majority" of Jobs supporters.

He knows 100% his views WILL be reported as the Hibs supports view, and its far removed from that.

His comments over the last year or so have been ridiculous, and the opposite of the MAJORITY of the Hibs support.

He knows what he's doing, and how it will be spun by the papers, so i have to ask the question.

Why is someone who's views are the opposite of most Hibs fans, giving interviews to the papers, knowing they will be reported this way?

matty_f
31-05-2012, 07:43 AM
He knows 100% his views WILL be reported as the Hibs supports view, and its far removed from that.

His comments over the last year or so have been ridiculous, and the opposite of the MAJORITY of the Hibs support.

He knows what he's doing, and how it will be spun by the papers, so i have to ask the question.

Why is someone who's views are the opposite of most Hibs fans, giving interviews to the papers, knowing they will be reported this way?

What evidence is there of that? Most Hibs fans don't post on hibs.net, and of those you're lucky if a hundred have replied on threads about him IIRC :confused:

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2012, 07:49 AM
What evidence is there of that? Most Hibs fans don't post on hibs.net, and of those you're lucky if a hundred have replied on threads about him IIRC :confused:

One question Matty, does the SPL need a strong Rangers? If your answer is yes, then you are a prime candidate for the Hibs supporters spokesman? :confused:

matty_f
31-05-2012, 07:51 AM
One question Matty, does the SPL need a strong Rangers? If your answer is yes, then you are a prime candidate for the Hibs supporters spokesman? :confused:

Depends who you ask! :devil:

My opinion is that Rangers can GTF, the quicker the better.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Depends who you ask! :devil:

My opinion is that Rangers can GTF, the quicker the better.

Exactly, and thats the view of the VAST majority of Hibs fans i know. Maybe the Hibs club is full of Rangers sympathisers, and thats how Reilly comes to his conclusion, and feels justified in giving his views as their spokesman?

Bill Milne
31-05-2012, 08:02 AM
As a member of the Hibs Club, I know Mike Riley reasonably well. He will, normally, present his own (strong!) opinions but will then allow alternative opinions to be voiced and, if appropriate, will act on those opinions.

I should state I have no idea if all those commenting on these pages are all Hibbies or opposition fans trying to stir up trouble.

hibbymac
31-05-2012, 08:11 AM
As a member of the Hibs Club, I know Mike Riley reasonably well. He will, normally, present his own (strong!) opinions but will then allow alternative opinions to be voiced and, if appropriate, will act on those opinions.

I should state I have no idea if all those commenting on these pages are all Hibbies or opposition fans trying to stir up trouble.

:dunno: .... or maybe just so called Hibs fans, who have a big chip on their shoulder regarding the Hibernian F.C. Supporters Assosciation.

down-the-slope
31-05-2012, 08:12 AM

Baldy - thats fair comment.

Its just the world has moved on from the days when supporters clubs branches & buses could be considered to be a big enough part of the regular support to be considered representative of whole support - that being over and above who ever the individual spokes person is and how consultative / competent they are / or not.

I do realise that lazy jurno's will look for the easy target and headline.

However if its as being described that it was M R who approached the press its entirley different.

As you have said the board are very accessible these days - I have had several exchanges with Fife for instance - the difference is I would not be making those public as they were my personal views...and Fife was replying to me as an individual.

Anyone claiming to be representative not only needs a mandate (which MR has for those in branches) but also needs to be seen to be consultative on the issues and be clear the limit of their representation

He could make it clear to press that if they don't in future make clear the limit of his representation he will no longer give them coment.....unless of course being in the limelight and being seen to be more than he is is in fact what its about.......

Mikey
31-05-2012, 08:31 AM
C'mon folks, I'm sure this can be discussed without dishing out personal abuse to MR. It's not really needed.

hibsbollah
31-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Some of the comments are OTT. It's a fair topic for debate but no need for some of the more abusive terms used.

The terms of abuse might be OTT, but the sentiments aren't. Riley is an absolute disgrace and clearly has no idea of, or interest in, what Hibs fans' views are. Which is his job.

Andy74
31-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Do people really not know the Board's strategy?

It's the same now as it's been for some time - reaching the footballing targets is quite another matter and another debate but surely we know that the strategy is to be successful as we can and that every spare penny we have will be going to back the manager?

We got the chance to ask various questions about the detail of strategy and other things like scouting, how we deal with transfers etc - I don't think we've seen all the answers though which is disappointing - maybe I've missed the follow ups.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2012, 11:06 AM

To my shame and embarrassment Mike Riley (chairman of the Hibs Supporters Association) is quoted as saying "What Rangers have done over the years is really poor. They've not played the game and they have given themselves an extra financial advantage when they already had a natural financial advantage over most other SPL clubs. But while there's anger about how they have behaved, I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that the SPL needs Rangers to prosper. It sticks in the throat a bit but it's true".

I cant but think BF, that this cannot be construed as him giving HIS opinion, but him talking for the majority of either HIS members or the Hibs support as a whole?

He's clearly no idea what he's saying, and as far as i'm concerned he should be brought to book by the membership for those views, for representing them as our views.

I really think this argument he's only giving his view, should be put to bed now.

Stevie Reid
31-05-2012, 11:35 AM
I seem to recall Mike Riley making derogatory comments about Pat Fenlon (before he was even appointed) when he was last in the media spotlight - I had no respect for him then, and if those comments attributed to him about Hibs fans' views on the Rangers situation are indeed from his mouth, then I truly despair.

He has never spoken for me, nor will he ever.

mixuok
31-05-2012, 11:46 AM
i agree with you on this one i, for one, want to know how our "BOARD OF DIRECTORS" plan to take us forward in the next few years :flag:
:agree:

GORDONSMITH7
31-05-2012, 11:59 AM
My goodness 76 posts and it would appear that the original poster was the only one who watched the clip. I saw this thread last night and looked up the clip.The salient points made were Not Blaming Anyone,The Way Ahead, Help Hibs Financially, Help With Initiatives To Get Fans Back, to avoid embarrassing moments and times we have had over the past few years. The devil incarnate! I think the presenter used the word 'Crisis Meeting' not Mike Reilly.

http://player.stv.tv/programmes/news-at-six-edinburgh-east-full/2012-05-30-1800/

22.35 in.

BIG G

Secretary of St. Patrick's Branch (Personal Capacity)

smurf
31-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Good to see Mr Riley has created a debate.

Typical defensive hysteria of the board etc though.

How much money in land sales and player sales in recent years?

And for two years we have struggled to avoid relegation.

If now is not the time to ask questions, provoke debate, look to improve matters etc then when is?

RIP
31-05-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand the motivation here. Hibs Supporters Association council members have been invited to previous meetings/forums with the club run by Hibs directors assisted by Hibs12thMan in 2010 and 2011. On both occasions they failed to attend. Rather than creating their own agenda why can't they just join in with the current working group?

Club/Supporter partnership developing during 2012
The joint club/supporter forums that were kicked off either side of Christmas led to a working group discussion in April. Scott Lindsay and David Forsyth will be picking this up again next month, after the dust settles on the season. The original idea mooted was a 'Shadow Board' but I think it's more likely to end up in 3 working groups, each with a separate focus e.g. Hibees United, Matchday and Media&Communications

Membership should be voluntary and rotating with reps from the main supporters groups e.g. HSA, branches, The Hibernians, Messageboard, H12M, Sect43. This would ensure we get away from the 'fans rep' problem faced by Mike Riley and Frankie Dougan in the past

Don't know if this ticks the box of the 'pressure group/ media campaign' favoured by some but I think it's a more effective solution.

To be meeting in the stadium working together for the club rather than moaning to the media and suggesting major discontent.

Speaking from my own experience with H12M and Sect43, it's a lot better talking to Rod, Scott, Garry, Russell, David and co face to face than wasting time with emails and protests. Their love of the club and passion are only too obvious. Just becuase we are close doesn't mean we don't challenge and hold them to account

Where's Invisible Man when you need him?

matty_f
31-05-2012, 12:40 PM

If now is not the time to ask questions, provoke debate, look to improve matters etc then when is?

Jeez, here we go again - where's the hysterical defence of the board on this thread, then?

Do you just copy and paste this bollocks?

marinello59
31-05-2012, 12:44 PM

I think most if not all of those things were already being debated on here though if you want to give Mr Reilly more credit for that then the cup final humiliation then go ahead. :greengrin
Defensive hysteria? Read the thread again, the only hysterical comment on here is that one.

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Stevie, if your Branch wanted to affiliate to the Association, then every person who wanted to become a member, would have to firstly join, then secondly renew their fees each calendar year....

smurf
31-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Jeez, here we go again - where's the hysterical defence of the board on this thread, then?

Do you just copy and paste this bollocks?

Any criticism implied or not of the board generates defensive hysteria of it from certain quarters. That's my opinion and that of others.

You say 'Here we go again...'.

Exactly. How depressing that we have this perpetual on going struggle on the park of huge underachieving.

The board have ultimate responsibility. That's my opinion. Yours may differ.

You may want to hide from it. You maybe don't. However the hurt and devastation felt on the 19th is turning into anger.

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Exactly, and thats the view of the VAST majority of Hibs fans i know. Maybe the Hibs club is full of Rangers sympathisers, and thats how Reilly comes to his conclusion, and feels justified in giving his views as their spokesman?

Come on BH, that remark is a bit silly is it not........Labelling the whole Association as being full of Rangers sympatisers.....:rolleyes:

To my shame and embarrassment Mike Riley (chairman of the Hibs Supporters Association) is quoted as saying "What Rangers have done over the years is really poor. They've not played the game and they have given themselves an extra financial advantage when they already had a natural financial advantage over most other SPL clubs. But while there's anger about how they have behaved, I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that the SPL needs Rangers to prosper. It sticks in the throat a bit but it's true".

I cant but think BF, that this cannot be construed as him giving HIS opinion, but him talking for the majority of either HIS members or the Hibs support as a whole?

He's clearly no idea what he's saying, and as far as i'm concerned he should be brought to book by the membership for those views, for representing them as our views.

I really think this argument he's only giving his view, should be put to bed now.

I agree with your comments on the Rangers matter, would be interested how MR came to such a conclusion as far as I am aware, no Branches were canvassed to agree or disagree with his views....FWIW I want Rangers to die a painfully slow death, being demoted from the SPL as a result of their blatant cheating of the rules of our game..........

Brooster
31-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Stevie, if your Branch wanted to affiliate to the Association, then every person who wanted to become a member, would have to firstly join, then secondly renew their fees each calendar year....

Thanks mate.

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2012, 01:12 PM
:dunno: .... or maybe just so called Hibs fans, who have a big chip on their shoulder regarding the Hibernian F.C. Supporters Assosciation.

Maybe the dissenting voices would want to join the Association, so that they can have a face to face meeting with the Chairman, and see how it is run, what it involves etc, it's certainly more than just a social club.....Not much point in moaning if they are not willing to change things?

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Come on BH, that remark is a bit silly is it not........Labelling the whole Association as being full of Rangers sympatisers.....:rolleyes:

Maybe not the whole association BF, but the one who runs it does, what other conclusion can we come to, if the guy who represents the supporters association and its members is not brought to book over his comments?

I agree with your comments on the Rangers matter, would be interested how MR came to such a conclusion as far as I am aware, no Branches were canvassed to agree or disagree with his views....FWIW I want Rangers to die a painfully slow death, being demoted from the SPL as a result of their blatant cheating of the rules of our game..........

Now i understand your last paragraph, and agree wholeheartedly, but Mike Reilly thinks you are in the minority. :confused: If i was a member, and have been may i add. I'd be having very strong words about his statements.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Maybe the dissenting voices would want to join the Association, so that they can have a face to face meeting with the Chairman, and see how it is run, what it involves etc, it's certainly more than just a social club.....Not much point in moaning if they are not willing to change things?

Has their been any face to face meetings about his statements? In my opinion he's a disgrace for saying what he has, and personally think he should be sacked.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Don't know the guy but From another perspective when he says "I think" surely he is expressing his opinion no?

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Don't know the guy but From another perspective when he says "I think" surely he is expressing his opinion no?

"What Rangers have done over the years is really poor. They've not played the game and they have given themselves an extra financial advantage when they already had a natural financial advantage over most other SPL clubs. But while there's anger about how they have behaved, I think MOST HIBS FANS would reluctantly agree that the bottom line is that the SPL needs Rangers to prosper. It sticks in the throat a bit but it's true".

This statement tells me the man is so far out of touch on the Hibs supports feelings, yet is asked for his views as the Hibs supporters spokesman.

Anyone who thinks they go to him just for his views are deluding themselves.

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Has their been any face to face meetings about his statements? In my opinion he's a disgrace for saying what he has, and personally think he should be sacked.

I cant say whether or not anyone has challenged him for his comments BH, but I will make a point of saying something to him over the Rangers remarks....

matty_f
31-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Any criticism implied or not of the board generates defensive hysteria of it from certain quarters. That's my opinion and that of others.

You say 'Here we go again...'.

Exactly. How depressing that we have this perpetual on going struggle on the park of huge underachieving.

The board have ultimate responsibility. That's my opinion. Yours may differ.

You may want to hide from it. You maybe don't. However the hurt and devastation felt on the 19th is turning into anger.

Where's the criticism and defence on this thread?

How is the criticism not hysterical but the defence is? Surely one follows the other?

You're lucky if you're just turning to anger now about the 19th, take a look at the PM board and you can see what it meant to me, and have a look through my posts recently to see what I think about what the board's role in this is.

But don't just post nonsense about hysteria where it simply does not exist.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2012, 01:48 PM
I cant say whether or not anyone has challenged him for his comments BH, but I will make a point of saying something to him over the Rangers remarks....

:aok:

I think Reilly went to the same school as Gerald Ratner.

smurf
31-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Where's the criticism and defence on this thread?

How is the criticism not hysterical but the defence is? Surely one follows the other?

You're lucky if you're just turning to anger now about the 19th, take a look at the PM board and you can see what it meant to me, and have a look through my posts recently to see what I think about what the board's role in this is.

But don't just post nonsense about hysteria where it simply does not exist.

I am no longer a PM member. Perhaps though I should pay my tenner for the good cause and read your posts...

I've read through this thread and concede that there is little evidence of pro board defence hysteria.

I still think though that the reason why folk are abused is because of a defence mechanism inherent with regards to the board.

Back on thread I find the intervention of Mr Riley weird.

Because he's obviously contacted the media.

That only STV has picked up on it. And why the motive of going public?

invisible man
31-05-2012, 01:55 PM
My goodness 76 posts and it would appear that the original poster was the only one who watched the clip. I saw this thread last night and looked up the clip.The salient points made were Not Blaming Anyone,The Way Ahead, Help Hibs Financially, Help With Initiatives To Get Fans Back, to avoid embarrassing moments and times we have had over the past few years. The devil incarnate! I think the presenter used the word 'Crisis Meeting' not Mike Reilly.

http://player.stv.tv/programmes/news-at-six-edinburgh-east-full/2012-05-30-1800/

22.35 in.

BIG G

Secretary of St. Patrick's Branch (Personal Capacity)

Well said Gogs, and thanks Brockie, saved me a lot of typing

Famous5forever
31-05-2012, 05:18 PM
'Our' spokesman is an utter bellend. Needs to stop veiling his own views as those of all Hibernian FC supporters.

If its an open meeting there should be someone there to represent Hibs.net and also the Bounce we dont know what that clown will be saying he could cause more harm than good

sahib
31-05-2012, 05:38 PM
If its an open meeting there should be someone there to represent Hibs.net and also the Bounce we dont know what that clown will be saying he could cause more harm than good

They don't speak for me. I am nominating the "bellend" to speak for me.

RIP
31-05-2012, 05:52 PM

They don't speak for me. I am nominating the "bellend" to speak for me.

I am missing your point guys. If people want to give up their time to put meetings together, gather good ideas, speak to management and generally work together for the benefit of the club, we should be giving them our thanks no? Better they get off their ***** and make something happen than bleat constantly on the internet but then do sod all?

Baldy Foghorn
31-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I am missing your point guys. If people want to give up their time to put meetings together, gather good ideas, speak to management and generally work together for the benefit of the club, we should be giving them our thanks no? Better they get off their ***** and make something happen than bleat constantly on the internet but then do sod all?

:agree::agree::aok:

RIP
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Working Together for change
Since October last year there have been a series of forums and meetings held at Easter Road on a new 'engagement' agenda. Put simply it's based around volunteers contributing time, talent and maybe even fundraising for the benefit of the football club. This working together initiative has started well with the creation of the 'Matchday Team' - Garry O'Hagan, Russell Smith and involving Andrew Sleight, John Nicol and Judith Ireland working with supporter groups such as Hibs12thMan and Sect43.

Club/Supporters meeting w/c 11 June
Scott Lindsay and David Forsyth are developing an official 'Lets Work Together' club/supporters partnership and the next invite has been issued for w/c 11 June. The original idea mooted was a 'Shadow Board' but I think it's more likely to end up in 3 working groups, each with a separate focus e.g. Unity, Matchday and Media&Communications

Membership of these teams will likely be voluntary and rotating with reps from the main supporters groups e.g. HSA, branches, The Hibernians, Messageboard, H12M, Sect43. This would ensure we get away from the 'fans rep' problem faced by some individuals in the past

HSA members meeting
The HSA want to use their meeting on 16th June to get the views of their members. The only thing that wasn't clear was why Mike needed to publicise the HSA meeting via the telly. Maybe he didn't realise what progress had already been made behind the scenes. In my personal opinion we only need publicity when this new club/supporters partnership has actually delivered some tangible benefits.

We've had a lot of rhetoric coming out of ER in the last few years without anything to show for it. Best to do things quietly, effectively and focus on results - results that will turn this great club around

GGTTH

Update - my original post included some mis-conceptions about what the HSA were aiming to do. Thanks to a chat with Invisible Man, it's clear that the HSA hadn't been kept up to speed on developments in the 'Let's Work Together' project. Club and supporters groups will meet w/c 11 June to take things to the next level. I understand that the separate meeting of the HSA on 16th June at the Hibs Club will allow club members an opportunity to participate in this engagement.

1two
10-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I believe this meeting will not be attended by any board member, management or anyone else from Hibernian fc. The reason given is that they are too busy.

Not sure if this now means the meeting will be cancelled or if it will go ahead to discuss between branches.

What seems to be missed by most on here is that this is not a Meeting so that mike reilly can make his views known (and in turn be wrongly accused of trying to pass his opinion of as the opinion of hibs fans), it's a meting which the association branches will be invited to attend and have their say. Like it or not the association hold a fair percentage of supporters in its membership, and although anything aired at the meeting can't be passed of as the view of all hibs fans, it can be as the view of the association.

I would hope the board are busy, but to say they are too busy to spare an hour to meet supporters for an hour or so one hour is nothing short of embarrassing.

RIP
10-06-2012, 02:10 PM
I believe this meeting will not be attended by any board member, management or anyone else from Hibernian fc. The reason given is that they are too busy.

Not sure if this now means the meeting will be cancelled or if it will go ahead to discuss between branches.

What seems to be missed by most on here is that this is not a Meeting so that mike reilly can make his views known (and in turn be wrongly accused of trying to pass his opinion of as the opinion of hibs fans), it's a meting which the association branches will be invited to attend and have their say. Like it or not the association hold a fair percentage of supporters in its membership, and although anything aired at the meeting can't be passed of as the view of all hibs fans, it can be as the view of the association.

I would hope the board are busy, but to say they are too busy to spare an hour to meet supporters for an hour or so one hour is nothing short of embarrassing.

As usual none of us know the full facts. I'm led to believe the 'meeting with the board' was discussed by HSA branch delegates in January, a date booked for this coming Saturday and a name given to the event "The Way Forward" announced by Mike Riley via a press release last week. The Bounce were contacted and immediately started a thread inviting messageboard members to post up questions.

What's not clear is the extent to which Hibs were involved in the event organisation. Were Rod, Scott and Pat consulted and did the club agree that they would attend on that date? Maybe everything was properly planned but it's hard to believe anyone at Hibs would cancel a prior commitment made to the Hibs Supporters Association? If so that would be very poor form.

We have already been on the receiving end of a whole year of consultation. First the mass supporter questionnaire. Then the AGM Q&A. Next up a series of fans forums in November, December and February. These forums then led to meetings with volunteeers to explore a formal club / supporter partnership. We will find out at Easter Road this Wednesday what comes of that ambition.

We need to get faster, better quality information flowing out of the club into the support without the need for such a ponderous 'consultation' process. It's only big corporations that think they need that nonsense. We are a small business by comparison whose supporters aren't distant customers - more like investors and owners.

If we are serious about being a united family we need to get close and meet / talk openly and regularly. No secrets

archiebald
10-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Well said Gogs, and thanks Brockie, saved me a lot of typing

At least the defence is working !

surreyhibbie
10-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Not really

Watched the cup final in there, couldn't get tickets, and the place was rammed, very friendly and welcoming. The staff were great.

When I spoke about joining, however, they just weren't interested at all, said it wasn't worth it as I lived a long way away...and apparently I have to be a member of a Supporters' club too...

invisible man
10-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Watched the cup final in there, couldn't get tickets, and the place was rammed, very friendly and welcoming. The staff were great.

When I spoke about joining, however, they just weren't interested at all, said it wasn't worth it as I lived a long way away...and apparently I have to be a member of a Supporters' club too...

At the moment you don't just join the club, you have to join a branch which is affiliated with the club, this then makes you a member of the club.

If you would like to join first complete the application for here http://hibsclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/MEMBERSHIP-APPLICATION1.pdf, if you don't know any exisiting members who can propose you just drop us an email.

King Paddy
10-06-2012, 10:41 PM

About time their is a spokes person willing to speak up to the board.
We might not agree with everything Mike Reilly has to say but at least
he is trying to act to the benefit of a support that IMHO totally is
disenchanted with all things connected to Hibernian in F.C.

lucky
10-06-2012, 11:00 PM

Pm mikey, as Hibs.net have a branch which you can join to become a member of the Hibs club

frazeHFC
10-06-2012, 11:56 PM
C'mon folks, I'm sure this can be discussed without dishing out personal abuse to MR. It's not really needed.

:hmmm:

Mikey.....Mike-y......Mike Riley :hmmm:

:tee hee:

Regarding the actual Mike Riley, yeah it's good he is wanting to express the views of Hibs fans, but i don't think i have ever seen him say anything that i have agreed with, and judging by posts on here, i'm not the only one.

1two
11-06-2012, 06:03 AM
:hmmm:

Mikey.....Mike-y......Mike Riley :hmmm:

:tee hee:

Regarding the actual Mike Riley, yeah it's good he is wanting to express the views of Hibs fans, but i don't think i have ever seen him say anything that i have agreed with, and judging by posts on here, i'm not the only one.

He's not though, he's expressing his own views, if the press twist that into 'hibs fans spokesman' then what can you do?

NAE NOOKIE
11-06-2012, 07:00 AM
At the moment you don't just join the club, you have to join a branch which is affiliated with the club, this then makes you a member of the club.

If you would like to join first complete the application for here http://hibsclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/MEMBERSHIP-APPLICATION1.pdf, if you don't know any exisiting members who can propose you just drop us an email.

I joined a branch during the season, of which I am apparently now an "out of town member" this entitles me to use the supporters club "on match days"

On what basis therefore do you become a member who can use the club on any day of the week if joining a branch makes you a member of the HSC. Am I just daft in thinking if you join something thats open pretty well 7 days a week that entitles you to go in when its open?

1two
11-06-2012, 07:19 AM
I joined a branch during the season, of which I am apparently now an "out of town member" this entitles me to use the supporters club "on match days"

On what basis therefore do you become a member who can use the club on any day of the week if joining a branch makes you a member of the HSC. Am I just daft in thinking if you join something thats open pretty well 7 days a week that entitles you to go in when its open?

I think your entitled to use the club anytime, but the fact your an out of Towner means this wouldn't be possible therefore your membership fee is reduced??

invisible man
11-06-2012, 09:41 AM

It's down to what's written in the constitution, as an 'OOT' technically you're only allowed in on match days or at the invite of the committee, strange I know but that's the way the rules were written many moons ago.

There's nothing to stop you becoming a full member although it is slightly more expensive.

GORDONSMITH7
11-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Your branch has already taken this on board. Myself and the Treasurer have discussed this anachronism with the Association Registrar and I can assure you and any of our Branch 'Out of Towners' including those from the North and South of Ireland, England, Wales, Qatar, Norway, New Zealand and outside Edinburgh City who are in the area , that there is no chance that access to the excellent facilities that the Club provide will be denied to any of you at any time. At £2.40 a pint and free 'themed' food during the Euro fitba it cannot be beaten. Excellent Irish Stew made with Guinness and tatties last night. Our Branch will propose a rule change at the next AGM to this Rule Book anomaly. The £10 bar token included in the membership fee was introduced to encourage members to use the Club and not just on match days. Hope that helps amigo.

BIG G

Secretary of St. Patrick's Branch (personal capacity)

St. Patrick's a Progressive Branch

RIP
11-06-2012, 10:50 AM
It's down to what's written in the constitution, as an 'OOT' technically you're only allowed in on match days or at the invite of the committee, strange I know but that's the way the rules were written many moons ago. There's nothing to stop you becoming a full member although it is slightly more expensive.

Couldn't there be an 'out of town' type of HSA membership that doesn't involve the social club?

There's a few dozen of us in Perth that are keen to be part of the Hibs Supporters Association and rebuild a strong branch identity here. We can have get-togethers, travel as a group to games and play host to fellow Hibbies when Hibs come to town. Our branch chair has done a great job for years but the branch is declining because membership of the association seems to equate to membership of the boozer :bevvied!:

We almost all drive to Easter Road and have time constraints so it's not practical to take advantage of the social club facilities. We just want to join the official Hibs Supporters Association and have a good branch

Couldn't the HSA treat the social club membership as separate?

invisible man
11-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Couldn't there be an 'out of town' type of HSA membership that doesn't involve the social club?

There's a few dozen of us in Perth that are keen to be part of the Hibs Supporters Association and rebuild a strong branch identity here. We can have get-togethers, travel as a group to games and play host to fellow Hibbies when Hibs come to town. Our branch chair has done a great job for years but the branch is declining because membership of the association seems to equate to membership of the boozer :bevvied!:

We almost all drive to Easter Road and have time constraints so it's not practical to take advantage of the social club facilities. We just want to join the official Hibs Supporters Association and have a good branch

Couldn't the HSA treat the social club membership as separate?

I'm not quite sure what you're after their Gogs. You could join the association and not use the club facilities, all for only £13.

RIP
11-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm not quite sure what you're after their Gogs. You could join the association and not use the club facilities, all for only £13.

Just - checked - I have - What a beamer! I regard it as a contribution to HSA funds

I know it's only £13 but to some of the out of towners who don't use the club it must seem like it's £13 for nothing. The chairman was telling me when prices went up he had a lot of folk not renewing as they never used the club facilities. Maybe if he'd explained where the 13 quids were going mair folk would have renewed?

invisible man
11-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Just - checked - I have - What a beamer! I regard it as a contribution to HSA funds

I know it's only £13 but to some of the out of towners who don't use the club it must seem like it's £13 for nothing. The chairman was telling me when prices went up he had a lot of folk not renewing as they never used the club facilities. Maybe if he'd explained where the 13 quids were going mair folk would have renewed?

We did:wink:

A letter was sent out to every member explaining that we were introducing a £10 bar voucher which when added to their membership card would give them £11 to spend at the bar, this is included in the £13.

NAE NOOKIE
11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Your branch has already taken this on board. Myself and the Treasurer have discussed this anachronism with the Association Registrar and I can assure you and any of our Branch 'Out of Towners' including those from the North and South of Ireland, England, Wales, Qatar, Norway, New Zealand and outside Edinburgh City who are in the area , that there is no chance that access to the excellent facilities that the Club provide will be denied to any of you at any time. At £2.40 a pint and free 'themed' food during the Euro fitba it cannot be beaten. Excellent Irish Stew made with Guinness and tatties last night. Our Branch will propose a rule change at the next AGM to this Rule Book anomaly. The £10 bar token included in the membership fee was introduced to encourage members to use the Club and not just on match days. Hope that helps amigo.

BIG G

Secretary of St. Patrick's Branch (personal capacity)

St. Patrick's a Progressive Branch

Cheers for that Big G.

GORDONSMITH7
11-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Cheers for that Big G.

Nae bother M.

BIG G