PDA

View Full Version : Not a peep out of Hibs? Other teams are signing some players. (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

gbur123ukgb
08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
if u shop in chairty shops like petrie tries to do you get rubbish you dont need to shop in harrods to get quality though however petrie will continue to shop in charity shops and we will continue to sign free players that no one else wants or would take
show some ambition and reward the fans is all we ask for scrooge

Andy74
08-06-2012, 02:56 PM
School is out I see.

MSK
08-06-2012, 03:27 PM
if u shop in chairty shops like petrie tries to do you get rubbish you dont need to shop in harrods to get quality though however petrie will continue to shop in charity shops and we will continue to sign free players that no one else wants or would take
show some ambition and reward the fans is all we ask for scroogeFFS ..someone pass me the rope !!!!!

Saorsa
08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/hanggreen.gif
FFS ..someone pass me the rope !!!!!:greengrin

MSK
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/hanggreen.gif:greengrin:thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Honestly ..... you lot know nothing about football.

Its obvious that we are waiting for the Euros to get underway so that we can identify our targets in competetive matches before we swoop.

scoopyboy
08-06-2012, 04:50 PM
I think we should go out and sign five players tomorrow.

If we knock on their door and their neighbour pops out to say he is on holiday that's just tough, we will just go to somebody elses door until we get the five.

hibeefan95
08-06-2012, 04:53 PM
have to say i am fearful of the quality of player we sign this preseason
when was the last time we signed a true good player who gets fans excited id argue pos not since days of sauzee latapy etc

Junior Agogo? :greengrin

bingo70
08-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Its easy to mock those that are worrying but we have this debate every transfer window and recently they've been right.

We always hear players are on holiday, agents are away bla bla bla but what about pre-contracts and how come other teams manage it?

If cairney or Clancy have been signed like is suggested but its being kept back for some marketing ploy then its not working, it'll just be an anti climax when they do sign as people have already heard the rumours.

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Its easy to mock those that are worrying but we have this debate every transfer window and recently they've been right.

We always hear players are on holiday, agents are away bla bla bla but what about pre-contracts and how come other teams manage it?

If cairney or Clancy have been signed like is suggested but its being kept back for some marketing ploy then its not working, it'll just be an anti climax when they do sign as people have already heard the rumours.

Yip i have to agree with most of that. :agree: I know we all want the best for the team, and the argument before has always been it does not matter when we get the players, as long as they are the right players, and they are in before the window closes.

Thats always been my opinion on it, but now we need major surgery, and the longer it takes to do the operation, the worse the patient seems to get.

Who knows if we will sign better players, but the longer we take in getting them in, leads me to think we will be back in the barrel where the dross swim around, waiting to be hooked on the last day of the fishing season.

I hope i'm wrong.

Squealing pig
08-06-2012, 05:43 PM
thought we had signed cairney and clancy. lol

HibeeMG
08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/smilies/hanggreen.gif:greengrin

Excellent smiley. Can see this being used a lot over the coming month or two. :greengrin

Littlest Hobo
08-06-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm sure if you keep knocking out posts long enough, one of them might eventually have something positive to say about the team you 'support'

Oh i'm sorry, I never knew that was the criteria for posting. This is about opinions, you might want to try and give an honest one yourself at some point.
Jog on!!

Littlest Hobo
08-06-2012, 06:42 PM
How can you be sure that we haven't signed anyone, and are just waiting on clearance etc before announcing it?

Is this what we have resorted too, clutching at straws. FFS geis a brekk!

Just Alf
08-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh i'm sorry, I never knew that was the criteria for posting. This is about opinions, you might want to try and give an honest one yourself at some point.
Jog on!!

Good

Just Alf
08-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Is this what we have resorted too, clutching at straws. FFS geis a brekk!

Bad

;-)

Littlest Hobo
08-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Agree, it does not matter that a new player was not modelling it, I want the Club and PF, to do their homework, exhausting all avenues, before bringing in player's....We have to ensure a better level of player is signed this campaign, as we want to eradicate relegation issues, that we became embroiled in...We can't afford another season like the previous two, top 6 must be our minimum aim at least

Quality players don't stay unsigned for long.
We've lost out on quality players to lesser clubs than ours in the past for whatever reason?
We can't allow that to happen this time, hence we should have pinpointed our targets months ago and got straight to work signing them just like JJ did with Hearts lady season.

Just Alf
08-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Quality players don't stay unsigned for long.
We've lost out on quality players to lesser clubs than ours in the past for whatever reason?
We can't allow that to happen this time, hence we should have pinpointed our targets months ago and got straight to work signing them just like JJ did with Hearts lady season.

Yup

And this.... Best description I've seen in ages!

Who knows if we will sign better players, but the longer we take in getting them in, leads me to think we will be back in the barrel where the dross swim around, waiting to be hooked on the last day of the fishing season.

Aldo
08-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Who knows what's happening behind the scenes. Hibs do things the proper way and it's not a done deal till its signed and sealed.

It's the same every season on here. Just cause no ones been announced doesn't mean nowts happening behind the scenes.

Let's wait until the team PF builds do before they are slaughtered. Me... Not expecting much and will judge once they have been seen.

Back them

AlbertK86
08-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Who knows what's happening behind the scenes. Hibs do things the proper way and it's not a done deal till its signed and sealed.

It's the same every season on here. Just cause no ones been announced doesn't mean nowts happening behind the scenes.

Let's wait until the team PF builds do before they are slaughtered. Me... Not expecting much and will judge once they have been seen.

Back them

and look wot's happened the last few seasons !!!!!!

Jones28
08-06-2012, 07:25 PM
show some ambition and reward the fans is all we ask for scrooge

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

breathe :wink:

Hibs_SW
08-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Would think it would be the same as last year, as nothing has changed in terms of sponsorship, so on that basis, I expext John Crabbies to be on Kids Shirts...

I bought 3 kids strips today from the shop and nope they don't have John crabbies this year! Weird looks bare!

Baldy Foghorn
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
I bought 3 kids strips today from the shop and nope they don't have John crabbies this year! Weird looks bare!

That surprises me a bit....Just assumed the sponsorship terms would remain as last season

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Wee Pat will be working on it. There's plenty of time, we just need to trust the manager and wait for the results. It's going to be a busy summer.

Speedway
08-06-2012, 07:55 PM
So wot about Cairney and Clancy .... Signed or not ????

One is.

thought we had signed cairney and clancy. lol

Don't worry, if we'd announced them it would have been 'lower league pish' or 'not Hibs class' etc and so forth.

Rod and Pat are sat in the boardroom on their erchies doing rock all, scrolling through Hibs.Net and flicking Vs/Mooning at every post they don't like.

Billychaotic182
08-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Seems to me that all the good spl players that we have been linked too have been signed up elsewhere, Swanson, Arnison and Hayes. I just hope we bring in better players ad not just the same old pi$h we have been signing for the last two years. Can't help but feel disappointed when we are linked too good spl players like the above and we end up signing the likes of Agogo and Thornhills

Baldy Foghorn
08-06-2012, 08:01 PM
One is.

Don't worry, if we'd announced them it would have been 'lower league pish' or 'not Hibs class' etc and so forth.

Rod and Pat are sat in the boardroom on their erchies doing rock all, scrolling through Hibs.Net and flicking Vs/Mooning at every post they don't like.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Tollhouse Hibee
08-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Folks from my point of view I have bought my st, I will always support hibs, but just give us some good news. Not some pishy bit of overpriced strip made in Bangladesh or Taiwan.

SouthamptonHibs
08-06-2012, 11:06 PM
No signings so far....three weeks after our worat defeat in History and a squad tgat wouldn`t win the east of scotland league and there telling me to show my true colours wi a strip lauch ha ha i`ve seen it now. £85 for two strips (home and away) and £405 ready to spend Hibs over to you now your move....decent players and hope the money is yours hail hail

Scouse Hibee
08-06-2012, 11:09 PM
No signings so far....three weeks after our worat defeat in History and a squad tgat wouldn`t win the east of scotland league and there telling me to show my true colours wi a strip lauch ha ha i`ve seen it now. £85 for two strips (home and away) and £405 ready to spend Hibs over to you now your move....decent players and hope the money is yours hail hail

:rolleyes: Terrible isn't it, will we be able to field a team when the league starts?

SouthamptonHibs
08-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Not one wortg watching mate...un less the young pups are class we r fubar

Scouse Hibee
08-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Not one wortg watching mate...un less the young pups are class we r fubar

In PF we...............................................e rr................................trust........... ..............maybe......................I think!

It's a long way back methinks.

iwasthere1972
08-06-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm not panicking yet but if there's no news on signings in the next 4 or 5 days then I will be.

Fingers crossed.

stokesmessiah
08-06-2012, 11:25 PM

I am glad someone has finally started a thread about this. :agree:

silverhibee
08-06-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm not panicking yet but if there's no news on signings in the next 4 or 5 days then I will be.

Fingers crossed.

:panic::panic::panic::panic:

Scouse Hibee
08-06-2012, 11:28 PM

You could have started it as you sound like you've been desperately waiting :greengrin

jimmy-adjovi
08-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Calm down, wait til the season starts and make up your mind then. Ridiculous

Scouse Hibee
08-06-2012, 11:32 PM

Eh I do the "Calm Downs" around here :grr: :greengrin

jimmy-adjovi
08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Eh I do the "Calm Downs" around here :grr: :greengrin

Calm down

frazeHFC
08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Calm down, the team isn't even back together yet. I will only panic if we are dire in friendlies and have signed nobody. For now it's optimism.

silverhibee
08-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Calm down, the team isn't even back together yet. I will only panic if we are dire in friendlies and have signed nobody. For now it's optimism.

frazeHFC
08-06-2012, 11:40 PM

I see you have made 2 very constructive additions to the discussion. :hilarious

silverhibee
08-06-2012, 11:49 PM
In Pat we Trust.

iwasthere1972
09-06-2012, 12:05 AM
http://blog.tmcnet.com/voice-of-ip/images/Dads%20Army%20Frazier%20-%20doomed.png

Pete
09-06-2012, 12:10 AM

Me too. £85 for two strips is ridiculous!

frazeHFC
09-06-2012, 12:13 AM
http://blog.tmcnet.com/voice-of-ip/images/Dads Army Frazier - doomed.png

No! We need this guy on board.

http://d3eum8lucccgeh.cloudfront.net/designs/4449/positivewhitehoodie.jpg

Ferryhibby
09-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Just a thoughtbut is the reason we havent signed anyone yet because all the decent players are all on holiday at moment and not wanting to talk whilst they are away...the players being signed up by st j an others are players who have been released and are pretty desperate to get tied up anywhere in case they dont get offered anything later on, ie tokely, hassailbaink etc

Wotherspiniesta
09-06-2012, 01:13 AM
We're Hibs. We'll do what we always do in the transfer market. We'll dilly dally around all our targets early in the window, try our best to offer as little as possible before a better offer comes up to that player. We'll miss out on that target, and settle for our 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice target. It'll get towards the end of the window and we'll panic. We'll bring in a few people who folk have seen their name crop up on Soccer Saturday once or twice who plays for some lower level English team. They'll come here, nick a wage for a season or two then disappear into footballing obscurity. On deadline day we'll bring in an "experienced" player who folk will rave about, having seen videos of them on youtube scoring a few goals in different leagues around the world. That journeyman will come in, nick a wage off us for a season or two and disappear into footballing obscurity. On deadling day, we'll also bring back an old fans favourite who's well past their sell by date to appease the fans. We'l have countless debate upon debate on here about this player. He'll be praised as a legend by some and others will realise that the players best days are behind him and after longer than a normal player would get, he'll disappear into footballing obscurity. Fenlon will be sacked before the AGM due to poor results, we'll end up avoiding relegation with a game or two to go and we'll talk about rebuilding the squad at the start of next season.

The Green Goblin
09-06-2012, 02:16 AM

Wait until the season starts? Wouldn't it be wiser to have some kind of team training together before the season starts?

Hibeesmad
09-06-2012, 02:17 AM
We're Hibs. We'll do what we always do in the transfer market. We'll dilly dally around all our targets early in the window, try our best to offer as little as possible before a better offer comes up to that player. We'll miss out on that target, and settle for our 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice target. It'll get towards the end of the window and we'll panic. We'll bring in a few people who folk have seen their name crop up on Soccer Saturday once or twice who plays for some lower level English team. They'll come here, nick a wage for a season
or two then disappear into footballing obscurity. On deadline day we'll bring in an "experienced" player who folk will rave about, having seen videos of them on youtube scoring a few goals in different leagues around the world. That journeyman will come in, nick a wage off us for a season or two and disappear into footballing obscurity. On deadling day, we'll also bring back an old fans favourite who's well past their sell by date to appease the fans. We'l have countless debate upon debate on here about this player. He'll be praised as a legend by some and others will realise that the players best days are behind him and after longer than a normal player would get, he'll disappear into footballing obscurity. Fenlon will be sacked before the AGM due to poor results, we'll end up avoiding relegation with a game or two to go and we'll talk about rebuilding the squad at the start of next season.

Well said!

Steve20
09-06-2012, 02:43 AM
We're Hibs. We'll do what we always do in the transfer market. We'll dilly dally around all our targets early in the window, try our best to offer as little as possible before a better offer comes up to that player. We'll miss out on that target, and settle for our 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice target. It'll get towards the end of the window and we'll panic. We'll bring in a few people who folk have seen their name crop up on Soccer Saturday once or twice who plays for some lower level English team. They'll come here, nick a wage for a season or two then disappear into footballing obscurity. On deadline day we'll bring in an "experienced" player who folk will rave about, having seen videos of them on youtube scoring a few goals in different leagues around the world. That journeyman will come in, nick a wage off us for a season or two and disappear into footballing obscurity. On deadling day, we'll also bring back an old fans favourite who's well past their sell by date to appease the fans. We'l have countless debate upon debate on here about this player. He'll be praised as a legend by some and others will realise that the players best days are behind him and after longer than a normal player would get, he'll disappear into footballing obscurity. Fenlon will be sacked before the AGM due to poor results, we'll end up avoiding relegation with a game or two to go and we'll talk about rebuilding the squad at the start of next season.

Yep, I'd expect that to be the way it ends up.

SloopJB
09-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Damn. I've re posted a large post which is really just tripe meaning readers have to scroll over the same drivell countless times before they get something different to read.
Where was I?
Oh aye,
Not all players are waiting for the call to play for Hibs, some of our targets will be aware they are our target and will know what is on offer. Rather than accept the first offer the MAY dilly dally to see if a second or third or maybe even fourth club will come in with a better offer. That's the point they become "not Hibs class".
That's how I expect some of the nogotiations to unfold.
Can't say for sure as I don't know what happens with player contract negotiations, the devil is in the detail as they say.

Not sure who "they" are either but I've heard it said by a good source.

Pete
09-06-2012, 03:09 AM

I think that's a load of negative tosh.

You're as well sticking your head in an oven if that's your outlook.

greenlex
09-06-2012, 05:09 AM

I agree. There are players who come in early in most windows that are quite obviously the managers near first choice having payed for them previously. Whether they work out or play well is neither here nor there.

Lucius Apuleius
09-06-2012, 06:11 AM
I agree. There are players who come in early in most windows that are quite obviously the managers near first choice having payed for them previously. Whether they work out or play well is neither here nor there.

:agree: And I just need reminding again. How many other teams in the SPL (or EPL for that matter) have signed players so far?

CropleyWasGod
09-06-2012, 06:51 AM

Sorry, that's spendthrift talking. Ovens need gas. Gas costs money.

Forth Road Bridge is a cheaper option. Cleaner and greener too.

:greengrin

jodjam
09-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Damn. I've re posted a large post which is really just tripe meaning readers have to scroll over the same drivell countless times before they get something different to read.
Where was I?
Oh aye,
Not all players are waiting for the call to play for Hibs, some of our targets will be aware they are our target and will know what is on offer. Rather than accept the first offer the MAY dilly dally to see if a second or third or maybe even fourth club will come in with a better offer. That's the point they become "not Hibs class".
That's how I expect some of the nogotiations to unfold.
Can't say for sure as I don't know what happens with player contract negotiations, the devil is in the detail as they say.

Not sure who "they" are either but I've heard it said by a good source.

Spot on. If you have been targetted by Hibs as a potential signing and you are confident in your abilities why rush to sign up. Hang fire and see what other options are out there. Players will be rejecting offers from clubs all over the country and are just after the best deal possible.

We'll get players in. Some will be first choice, others will need a bit more digging to find. We'll get there and let's see who's on board a couple of weeks before the SPL starts.

EHZERO7
09-06-2012, 07:48 AM
:agree: And I just need reminding again. How many other teams in the SPL (or EPL for that matter) have signed players so far?

And how many teams in the SPL need players like we need players?

Does that make it all right that other SPL teams havent signed many players either.

Lucius Apuleius
09-06-2012, 08:13 AM
And how many teams in the SPL need players like we need players?

Does that make it all right that other SPL teams havent signed many players either.

It is indicative of the market no matter what our needs and desires are.

alexhibs
09-06-2012, 08:30 AM

I understand what your saying but I have a feeling that Hibs will give Pat the funding to get some decent players in, hopefully sooner rather than later.

hibsbollah
09-06-2012, 08:34 AM

Very funny and bang on the money. My cash would be on that too. Benji will be the 'old name' plucked from the obscurity of a falafel stand back into a #19 shirt and the hothouse environment of the SPL. We could even dust off our 2007 fez's :aok:

blackpoolhibs
09-06-2012, 08:43 AM

I remember losing to livingston pre season, and having real reservations at how the team was taking shape and how strong we were.

I was accused as usual of being a bed wetter, and told to wait until the season got underway before getting my knickers in a twist.

If i'm honest, the bed wetters have quite a lot to be worried about just now.

Last season was one of the worst seasons without being relegated in years, on the back of another very poor season. We had a terrible side, topped up with loan deals to keep us up after Fenlon arrived.

Those loans have gone, we are left with the dross we had before, less those we have released.

Personally i think we are in a complete mess at this moment in time, although i'd not want to keep many of what was left anyway.

Fenlon has a huge job ahead, but it needed doing. I hope he's up to the job, as even Fergie would find this rebuilding job difficult.

alexhibs
09-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Very funny and bang on the money. My cash would be on that too. Benji will be the 'old name' plucked from the obscurity of a falafel stand back into a #19 shirt and the hothouse environment of the SPL. We could even dust off our 2007 fez's :aok:

If no serious money is made available after the abysmal season we've just had then whats the point? The attendances were woeful, whats it gonna be like this season if nothing changes!!!! Come on Hibs lets get back to winning ways FFS.

:flag:

hibsbollah
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Id take Zemmama back mind. Hes fallen out with Mowbray.

allezsauzee
09-06-2012, 08:48 AM
I assume Pat is doing his scouting at the Euros, so we should see some signings in a couple of weeks time :wink:

snooky
09-06-2012, 09:00 AM

Quite right! He deserves a roastin' . :wink:

Hibs_SW
09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
That surprises me a bit....Just assumed the sponsorship terms would remain as last season

Yeah me to! Strange one! Looks bit bare bit like a training top than a strip with nothing on the front but hey I still bought it for my niece and nephews lol!

jdships
09-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Agree, it does not matter that a new player was not modelling it, I want the Club and PF, to do their homework, exhausting all avenues, before bringing in player's....We have to ensure a better level of player is signed this campaign, as we want to eradicate relegation issues, that we became embroiled in...We can't afford another season like the previous two, top 6 must be our minimum aim at least

:thumbsup:
After 25 posts at last we get a balanced take on things !!!
Good post :agree: totally !!
All that really matters is the right players are in the starting lineup for first game of the season , prior to that so what ?

NAE NOOKIE
09-06-2012, 10:44 AM
:thumbsup:
After 25 posts at last we get a balanced take on things !!!
Good post :agree: totally !!
All that really matters is the right players are in the starting lineup for first game of the season , prior to that so what ?

I think the "prior to that" problem is that like me a lot of folk have a basic idea of who is definately available just now and who might be decent for us given their past performances in the SPL , Swanston, Hayes, McPake and for me Hasselbaink and a few others. But as things stand we have not had a sniff of any of them.

That leaves us wondering just who we are looking at:

The cup half full approach says Hibs have done their homework and we will be pleasantly surprised at the players who do join us.

The cup half empty approach says that once again we have missed out on players we should have signed if we have any ambition at all and what we will end up with is the dross of the last few seasons due to penny pinching and the lack of desire by our owners to take any sort of calculated risk in the hope that the money earned through bigger crowds attracted by a decent team on the pitch, will offset the money risked to bring the right players in.

There is no guarantee that taking a risk will end up in bigger crowds at ER with the resulting financial benefit to the club. Thats why its a risk.

But it is a certainty that putting rubbish on the pitch guarantees that you will lose a fortune in reduced crowds, witness the last two seasons. We got very lucky in that getting to the Scottish cup final probably turned a financial disaster in lost ST renewals into an acceptable loss or certainly much better figures than we would have had if we had lost to Aberdeen.

It would be a miracle if we dodge the same bullet in that manner next season.

Thats why we need to get it right this time and as a long suffering fan of this club I for one would like to see some encouraging signs coming out of ER sooner rather than later. A signing from Partick Thistle and a journeyman from Motherwell ( no offence intended to either player, both will get my full support on the park ) isnt exactly the statement of intent I was hoping for.

Every football fan who supports a club with a city derby on their fixture list wakes up in a cold sweat at the thought of what became a reality for us on the 19th of May. As a result of that Hibs owe us big time and they ignore that at their peril.

They have already given us an OK but safe away strip, lets hope thats not their thinking for what they are going to put into those strips.

Beefster
09-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Groundhog Day.

RickyS
09-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I think the "prior to that" problem is that like me a lot of folk have a basic idea of who is definately available just now and who might be decent for us given their past performances in the SPL , Swanston, Hayes, McPake and for me Hasselbaink and a few others. But as things stand we have not had a sniff of any of them.

That leaves us wondering just who we are looking at:

The cup half full approach says Hibs have done their homework and we will be pleasantly surprised at the players who do join us.

The cup half empty approach says that once again we have missed out on players we should have signed if we have any ambition at all and what we will end up with is the dross of the last few seasons due to penny pinching and the lack of desire by our owners to take any sort of calculated risk in the hope that the money earned through bigger crowds attracted by a decent team on the pitch, will offset the money risked to bring the right players in.

There is no guarantee that taking a risk will end up in bigger crowds at ER with the resulting financial benefit to the club. Thats why its a risk.

But it is a certainty that putting rubbish on the pitch guarantees that you will lose a fortune in reduced crowds, witness the last two seasons. We got very lucky in that getting to the Scottish cup final probably turned a financial disaster in lost ST renewals into an acceptable loss or certainly much better figures than we would have had if we had lost to Aberdeen.

It would be a miracle if we dodge the same bullet in that manner next season.

Thats why we need to get it right this time and as a long suffering fan of this club I for one would like to see some encouraging signs coming out of ER sooner rather than later. A signing from Partick Thistle and a journeyman from Motherwell ( no offence intended to either player, both will get my full support on the park ) isnt exactly the statement of intent I was hoping for.

Every football fan who supports a club with a city derby on their fixture list wakes up in a cold sweat at the thought of what became a reality for us on the 19th of May. As a result of that Hibs owe us big time and they ignore that at their peril.

They have already given us an OK but safe away strip, lets hope thats not their thinking for what they are going to put into those strips.

:top marks

after 75 posts someone hits nail on head:cb

Wotherspiniesta
09-06-2012, 11:30 AM

I'm usually more of a happy clapper. And I'll get behind the team, whoever that may be, throughout the season so we can have as succeful a season as possible.

However, now is the time for the board to show that same commitment. The team as a whole was a failure last season. I have faith in Paddy. Reason being, he's the only manager in recent times who's actually acknowledged that something at this club is rotten to the core and seems determined to do something about it. You might say talk is cheap, but at least he understands there's a problem. If he can bring in players with a much better attitude and players who realise what an honour it is to play for Hibernian, we can turn a corner.

The board MUST back him in that respect. If not, then everything I said earlier will happen.

09-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Id take Zemmama back mind. Hes fallen out with Mowbray.

Yea still a tricky wee player, with the ability to take a great free kick just outside the penalty box. Not a bad player still, but I think we need to stop bringing back old players. Lets move forward and leave the past in the past.

blackpoolhibs
09-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Yea still a tricky wee player, with the ability to take a great free kick just outside the penalty box. Not a bad player still, but I think we need to stop bringing back old players. Lets move forward and leave the past in the past.

I think before we go splashing money all over the place, we should check with the aussie bird in the club shop, and see if we have all the letters of any new players name.

3pm
09-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I think before we go splashing money all over the place, we should check with the aussie bird in the club shop, and see if we have all the letters of any new players name.

G d p int.

Hibercelona
09-06-2012, 01:53 PM
We will sign players that are "promising", but only if they can "get their attitude together".

It's always the same. We sign players with the potential to be great, but they have no intentions of reaching their full potential.

Where as other clubs sign players that might not have a lot of "potential", but they'll bust a gut every weekend for their club.

Famous5forever
09-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm usually more of a happy clapper. And I'll get behind the team, whoever that may be, throughout the season so we can have as succeful a season as possible.

However, now is the time for the board to show that same commitment. The team as a whole was a failure last season. I have faith in Paddy. Reason being, he's the only manager in recent times who's actually acknowledged that something at this club is rotten to the core and seems determined to do something about it. You might say talk is cheap, but at least he understands there's a problem. If he can bring in players with a much better attitude and players who realise what an honour it is to play for Hibernian, we can turn a corner.

The board MUST back him in that respect. If not, then everything I said earlier will happen.

The problem we and Paddy has to deal with is Petrie and his penny pinching players should be brought in now but Petrie wont pay the coin till the last second he can hold out to in order to avoid paying wages.
He plays the same game every time the window opens and we normally end up panic buying anyone who is still available that no one else wants And dont forget his joker card he plays the day before the AGM If the pressure is on due to poor results and performances.

marinello59
09-06-2012, 05:04 PM
The problem we and Paddy has to deal with is Petrie and his penny pinching players should be brought in now but Petrie wont pay the coin till the last second he can hold out to in order to avoid paying wages.
He plays the same game every time the window opens and we normally end up panic buying anyone who is still available that no one else wants And dont forget his joker card he plays the day before the AGM If the pressure is on due to poor results and performances.

So basically Petrie purposely stalls all negotiations so that he can save a few weeks wages? With all due respect that sounds like complete and utter nonsense.

IWasThere2016
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
So basically Petrie purposely stalls all negotiations so that he can save a few weeks wages? With all due respect that sounds like complete and utter nonsense.

Yes best we wait and get quality in like Keenan, Gattheusi, Cregg etc.. Our 'tactics' in recent seasons have been spot on really.

Andy74
09-06-2012, 05:43 PM

You still here?

Andy74
09-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Yes best we wait and get quality in like Keenan, Gattheusi, Cregg etc.. Our 'tactics' in recent seasons have been spot on really.

You might be confusing the process with actually just spotting a player.

Was the process different for Mowbray?

marinello59
09-06-2012, 06:07 PM

So you reckon that if Pat Fenlon identified a player who wanted to join us within our wage structure Petrie would stall things to save a few weeks wages. That is what the poster I replied to was suggesting. Where have I said our tactics have been correct? :confused:

Andy74
09-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Graeme Smith was signed first day of the window.

Case closed!

AlbertK86
10-06-2012, 12:13 AM

You are spot on mate but you'll get a row for suggesting this. Some folk on here have a blind loyalty to King ROD

hibee_nation
10-06-2012, 12:38 AM
You are spot on mate but you'll get a row for suggesting this. Some folk on here have a blind loyalty to King ROD

Some have a blind loyalty to Hibs, no bad thing. Others have a blind hatred of RP and spout all sorts of nonsense about the penny pinching ways of our club. Most of us use our intellect to see if we as a club are acting correctly and living within our means. The ones with the loudest mouths would generaly think that pay day loans are no bad thing and nought wrong with Wonga etc. :monkey1:

In King Rod we trust :not worth

TheEastTerrace
10-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Pish pish pish pish loadsa pish .....

Sorry thought the transfer window had shut

Peevemor
10-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Some have a blind loyalty to Hibs, no bad thing. Others have a blind hatred of RP and spout all sorts of nonsense about the penny pinching ways of our club. Most of us use our intellect to see if we as a club are acting correctly and living within our means. The ones with the loudest mouths would generaly think that pay day loans are no bad thing and nought wrong with Wonga etc. :monkey1:

I think that'll be too subtle a dig for the half-wit to understand.

SloopJB
10-06-2012, 02:16 AM
I think that'll be too subtle a dig for the half-wit to understand.
Whudgie mean?

smurf
10-06-2012, 02:51 AM

In King Rod we trust. 10th place finish followed by 11th place finish. Yeah lets give complete confidence to this leadership....

Lucius Apuleius
10-06-2012, 04:52 AM

:tub4:

marinello59
10-06-2012, 05:54 AM

I have posted elsewhere that we have to get the majority of the squad in place before we start pre-season training. There can be no excuses this time around if we fail to do that. I have also stated on another thread I think that Rod Petrie has run his race at Hibs so no blind loyalty here. The suggestion being made in the post you have quoted is still nonsense though. To suggest that Rod Petrie has exercised a deliberate policy of signing players late to save a few quid is simply absurd.

matty_f
10-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Why do peope put 'ROD' in upper case?

scoopyboy
10-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Why do peope put 'ROD' in upper case?

Roy O' Donovan:greengrin

Hibbyradge
10-06-2012, 10:59 AM

This is funny and simply Petrie bashing for it's own sake.

Your understanding of the contract process isn't exactly what it should be, but your selective memory is firing on all cylinders.

For a start, a 2/3 year contract that runs from 1 June costs exactly the same as a 2/3 year contract that starts on 1 July or 1 August.

Hibs have signed dozens of players over the last few years, all through the window. One example of a day 1 signing has already been highlighted.

In fact, I can remember being disappointed on more than one occasion, when the manager has said that no more business would be done, well before the deadline.

If you're going to have a kick at Petrie or the board, fair enough, but at least talk some sense.

Col2
10-06-2012, 11:11 AM

Your understanding of the contract process isn't exactly what it should be, but your selective memory is firing on all cylinders.

For a start, a 2/3 year contract that runs from 1 June costs exactly the same as a 2/3 year contract that starts on 1 July or 1 August.

Hibs have signed dozens of players over the last few years, all through the window. One example of a day 1 signing has already been highlighted.

In fact, I can remember being disappointed on more than one occasion, when the manager has said that no more business would be done, well before the deadline.

If you're going to have a kick at Petrie or the board, fair enough, but at least talk some sense.

While I agree the panicking is OTT, Hibs as a football club and especially the people running it (Board and Management team) have ZERO goodwill from us as supporters just now. We have just come off one of the worst seasons in many years and a humiliating cup final loss to our rivals. We also need to re-build the squad almost from scratch with say 8-10 players required (my guess).

Those that run the club need to make things happen now or very very soon or any trust they hope to build up with over the summer will be even more difficult to make happen.

No players, no pre season annoncement, Billy Brown future still in dark, nothing coming from the club other than a launch of an away strip (for revenue reasons). Is everyone still on holiday cause I get 2 weeks in the summer max and the season for us finished over 3 weeks ago now.

Hibbyradge
10-06-2012, 11:30 AM
While I agree the panicking is OTT, Hibs as a football club and especially the people running it (Board and Management team) have ZERO goodwill from us as supporters just now. We have just come off one of the worst seasons in many years and a humiliating cup final loss to our rivals. We also need to re-build the squad almost from scratch with say 8-10 players required (my guess).

Those that run the club need to make things happen now or very very soon or any trust they hope to build up with over the summer will be even more difficult to make happen.

No players, no pre season annoncement, Billy Brown future still in dark, nothing coming from the club other than a launch of an away strip (for revenue reasons). Is everyone still on holiday cause I get 2 weeks in the summer max and the season for us finished over 3 weeks ago now.

I agree with all of that, Col.

This season started early because of the Euros (July 24 compared to mid August usually), so we've got more time this year to get things in place, and I'm confident we'll see movement soon.

However, made up stories about Perie trying to save a few quid by dragging his heels in transfer negotiations are just stupid and irresponsible.

Famous5forever
10-06-2012, 12:08 PM

Its been like that since JC Walked Petrie keeps us all in the dark he plays his cards close to his chest and throws us a bone when he feels like it i think most on here agree that we need a lot of new player brought in with 7 to 10 being mentioned.
All i am saying is lets start getting them in now whats they delay ? the one thing we all agree on about Petrie is he runs a tight ship he does not like spending cash which is not a bad thing the way the world is today but the task is there to be done and waiting/stalling will not help Paddy put a winning team on the pitch which is what we all want to see.

weecounty hibby
10-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Hibs are at a massive crossroads right now. If we dont get it right this summer we could end up in the same boat as Dundee. A club that has potential but who have slipped and slipped so far that they look unlikely to ever be a top six side again, even the spl looks out of reach for them. On the other hand if we get it right with the state of some of the other clubs, Rangers, hearts and the rest cutting expenditure we could cement ourselves in as a top 3/4 club for some time. Im sure we all believe thats where we should be at least.
Im not a bed wetter, nor am i pannicking but i do think that this could be a defining time for our club and we MUST get it right this time.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Its been like that since JC Walked Petrie keeps us all in the dark he plays his cards close to his chest and throws us a bone when he feels like it i think most on here agree that we need a lot of new player brought in with 7 to 10 being mentioned.
All i am saying is lets start getting them in now whats they delay ? the one thing we all agree on about Petrie is he runs a tight ship he does not like spending cash which is not a bad thing the way the world is today but the task is there to be done and waiting/stalling will not help Paddy put a winning team on the pitch which is what we all want to see.

I'd think the delay is a simple one, no bugger thats any good wants to sign for SPL clubs unless its their last option.

Unless you just want us to sign anybody, every player who's worth anything will want to keep his options open as long as possible?

We are negotiating with players right now, and these players will be offered more by us, than most clubs in the SPL. If these same players get offered more from England, and they are richer than we are, they will take that offer before ours.

I'm worried, i want us to sign players but we are at the bottom of the pile, and EVERY player will try and sign A, for the most money, and B, for the best quality football they can play.

Some clubs have signed players in the SPL, but if i'm honest none of them excite me, would we have wanted them at easter road?

Del Boy
10-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Of the players other SPL clubs have signed, Mark Millar on a free transfer is the only one I'd have liked to have seen at Hibs.

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 12:31 PM
We are negotiating with players right now, and these players will be offered more by us, than most clubs in the SPL. If these same players get offered more from England, and they are richer than we are, they will take that offer before ours.

Agents will also be using us, and others, as a negotiating tool to try to get more money for their client (and themselves). Gone are the days when a player said what they were genuinely looking for and a club decided whether or not they would pay it.

Famous5forever
10-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I'd think the delay is a simple one, no bugger thats any good wants to sign for SPL clubs unless its their last option.

Unless you just want us to sign anybody, every player who's worth anything will want to keep his options open as long as possible?

I'm worried, i want us to sign players but we are at the bottom of the pile, and EVERY player will try and sign A, for the most money, and B, for the best quality football they can play.

Some clubs have signed players in the SPL, but if i'm honest none of them excite me, would we have wanted them at easter road?

This problem could be sorted by offering top coin now but Petrie wont do that so its back to the penny pinching and waiting till the last min and this polocy has got us to where we are now.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2012, 12:45 PM
This problem could be sorted by offering top coin now but Petrie wont do that so its back to the penny pinching and waiting till the last min and this polocy has got us to where we are now.

And you know this how? Petrie has backed every manager better than any other manager in the SPL bar the obvious 3. Where Petrie has failed, is his ability to employ decent managers. Dont talk rubbish about penny pinching, when you clearly have no idea who we are after and what we are offering.

Give us a laugh, who should we sign, and what we should be offering as wages?

jdships
10-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Great post says it all for me :thumbsup:
To those to whom it refers , give us some cast iron proof that what you ' accuse' RP of is actually happening , also are you asking us to believe that PF, Petrie etal are sitting around at ER /EM playing computor games waiting for 1st July to come along at least talk some sense. as Hibby Radge says

DMR1875
10-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Why sign a player in June? They are usually out on the lash that month, there is no training. Hibs will have to pay four weeks wages for nothing. Get the contracts ready for the pre season date 1st of July when they have to work for there money.

Col2
10-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Why sign a player in June? They are usually out on the lash that month, there is no training. Hibs will have to pay four weeks wages for nothing. Get the contracts ready for the pre season date 1st of July when they have to work for there money.

So if Hearts sign McPake at the end of this month on the same terms we were about to offer from 1st July, by your reckoning that's ok? Ambition.

DMR1875
10-06-2012, 01:51 PM
So if Hearts sign McPake at the end of this month on the same terms we were about to offer from 1st July, by your reckoning that's ok? Ambition.

No that's not what I daid. You can have them signed up for the 1st of July when usually there previous contract runs out, that is the day it's announced to the press. Get it!

Col2
10-06-2012, 02:12 PM
No that's not what I daid. You can have them signed up for the 1st of July when usually there previous contract runs out, that is the day it's announced to the press. Get it!

So what about the players who have contracts that run out at end of May? Like so many do hence te transfer market starts beginning of June and players sign as free from contract?

Also for those that are in contract for another year eg McPake and club accepts bid in June fr player as its start of transfer window. Do we just wait until 1st July before being in position to conclude a deal or do we get in now.

I think you missing the rebuilding job we have to do. Up to 10 players required and pre season training starts in what - 2-3 weeks. We are not talking about a tweak to the squad.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2012, 02:31 PM
One of the questions is, how much can Hibs benefit from the current Euro crisis.

There must be clubs in Greece, Spain, Italy, France etc who are looking to cut their squads and wage bills and as a result having to let go players who are of better quality than would be usual. Perhaps in these areas the wages Hibs can offer will be closer to what the released players are looking for than it has been in the past.

Lets face it, we are not looking for Messi here, just players who are better than the rest of our SPL rivals outside of Celtic.

Within the last few years both us and the current buns have been torn a new @rse by NK Maribor, a club from a country better known for Skiing than football and who have a stadium with a capacity of 12,000. I would presume that Maribor dont pay any more to their players than Hibs would.

Can it not be the case that a decent right back, a centre half and two decent midfield players cant be found in these countries and for the money Hibs are willing / able to pay?

edwards
10-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I think you missing the rebuilding job we have to do. Up to 10 players required and pre season training starts in what - 2-3 weeks. We are not talking about a tweak to the squad. http://www.hibs.net/clear.gif (http://www.hibs.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3258818)

Hit the nail square on the head Hibs have a major job on their hands

Goalkeeper
Right Back
Centre Half
Left sided midfield player who can cross a ball
Right sided midfield player who can cross a ball
A winner in the centre of midfield
Two forwards

Thats eight off the top of my head

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2012, 02:47 PM
So let me get this right, who is saying we are holding back signing players because Petrie does not want to spend money until the very last moment?

If this is true, i think we should all be asking for his head. :rolleyes:

cad
10-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I think you missing the rebuilding job we have to do. Up to 10 players required and pre season training starts in what - 2-3 weeks. We are not talking about a tweak to the squad. http://www.hibs.net/clear.gif (http://www.hibs.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3258818)

Goalkeeper
Right Back
Centre Half
Two forwards

8s a minimum mate nearer 12/13 ,competition for places ,suspensions , injuries , etc etc

edwards
10-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Don't think Petrie can afford to hold back anymore he has to work closely with Felon after his balls up re Calderplank he has already apologised for that mess has he not.
Unsure when we can officialy show of new signings all fingers crossed shortly.

Cmon Paddy lets go and do the business. :agree:

Famous5forever
10-06-2012, 03:06 PM
One of the questions is, how much can Hibs benefit from the current Euro crisis.

There must be clubs in Greece, Spain, Italy, France etc who are looking to cut their squads and wage bills and as a result having to let go players who are of better quality than would be usual. Perhaps in these areas the wages Hibs can offer will be closer to what the released players are looking for than it has been in the past.

Lets face it, we are not looking for Messi here, just players who are better than the rest of our SPL rivals outside of Celtic.

Within the last few years both us and the current buns have been torn a new @rse by NK Maribor, a club from a country better known for Skiing than football and who have a stadium with a capacity of 12,000. I would presume that Maribor dont pay any more to their players than Hibs would.

Can it not be the case that a decent right back, a centre half and two decent midfield players cant be found in these countries and for the money Hibs are willing / able to pay?

My gut feeling is that Paddy will utilise his contacts and experience of the LOI more chance we will get several from there than further afield as you sugest and we will get more bang for your buck by plundering that league.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Don't think Petrie can afford to hold back anymore he has to work closely with Felon after his balls up re Calderplank he has already apologised for that mess has he not.
Unsure when we can officialy show of new signings all fingers crossed shortly.

Cmon Paddy lets go and do the business. :agree:

Can you explain that in detail a little more for me please?

BEEJ
10-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I have posted elsewhere that we have to get the majority of the squad in place before we start pre-season training. There can be no excuses this time around if we fail to do that.
:agree: I agree with that.

For the record the stats on the timing of our signing of players in the summer show a fairly even spread through the transfer window.

From 2004 to 2011 (last 8 summer windows) we have signed 49 players in total, with the signings announced as follows:

Pre 1 July: 11 (22%)
July: 18 (37%)
August: 18 (37%)
Post window: 2 (4%)

The SPL kicks off this year on 4 August. If we stick to the above pattern we might have, say, 65% of our signings on board by the start of the leage campaign. So, if we are looking for nine signings that would be six players signed and available (hopefully) by the time the new campaign gets underway.

It's January when the timing of our transfer activity is much more skewed towards the back end of the window, with around 70% of our January signings occurring during week 4 and beyond.

scoopyboy
10-06-2012, 03:14 PM

Why would McPake sign for either Hibs or Hearts now when he could sign on 1st July?

Surely when on 6k a week you would want to stay on that wage for as long as possible before dropping to half of it.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Why would McPake sign for either Hibs or Hearts now when he could sign on 1st July?

Surely when on 6k a week you would want to stay on that wage for as long as possible before dropping to half of it.
:agree:

Aye but if Petrie got his finger out........:greengrin

scoopyboy
10-06-2012, 03:18 PM

Goalkeeper
Right Back
Centre Half
Two forwards

And equally off the top of my head I could name eight we have approached already.

What you have to remember is players that are top of our list aren't necessarily going to jump in with both feet and sign for Hibs because we want them to, they are quite within their rights to hang fire for a wee while to see what else is out there.

Del Boy
10-06-2012, 03:23 PM
And equally off the top of my head I could name eight we have approached already.

What you have to remember is players that are top of our list aren't necessarily going to jump in with both feet and sign for Hibs because we want them to, they are quite within their rights to hang fire for a wee while to see what else is out there.

did we try to sign Mark Millar from Falkirk?

Col2
10-06-2012, 03:28 PM

Because club A have a bid accepted and offer wages he might not think he will get elsewhere especially if they put a timescale on the offer eg before end of June. Player may not believe club B will stump up in July. Yes he can wait and take the cash but he is desperate to move so he has indicated.

I know it's cat and mouse but could you tell me a time when we have got in early and secured a quality signing?

Stuarty27
10-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I have a feeling that we are not signing anyone untill the Rangers situation gets resolved??

Maybe talking sh*t but Petrie is as tight as two coats of paint.

Regardless we are in a mess right now both on and off the park.

Never felt so low as a Hibs fan right now

BEEJ
10-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I know it's cat and mouse but could you tell me a time when we have got in early and secured a quality signing?
Using the two parameters of 'early' and 'quality', only Rob Jones qualifies in the last 8 years.

His signing was announced on 8 June 2006.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Well I started this thread so I better say something! :greengrin

I think we are all frustrated and champing at the bit for even at least a little bit of news, Cairney and Clancy look done and dusted as with the Slovak guy, but my original point was that you would think that the board (or anyone for that matter) would have come out with a morale boosting statement of some sort but no, just a new strip that frankly I couldn't give a toss about, the silence as always is deafening and yes I know it's the "Hibs way" but like any other business that has fell on lean times then a new strategy is required to get us back feeling good after last seasons shambles but Farmer, Petrie and co really make my blood boil with a lack of ..well anything to suggest we will be heading in to next season with a different attitude on and off the park but the powers to be have always treated us fans like small children and give us the "run along now" attitude.

We will see, and to those who are coming on here and saying we must be patient really do get up my tumsh, we have been patient long enough, time for some action!

GGTTH

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 03:46 PM
So what about the players who have contracts that run out at end of May? Like so many do hence te transfer market starts beginning of June and players sign as free from contract?

Also for those that are in contract for another year eg McPake and club accepts bid in June fr player as its start of transfer window. Do we just wait until 1st July before being in position to conclude a deal or do we get in now.

I think you missing the rebuilding job we have to do. Up to 10 players required and pre season training starts in what - 2-3 weeks. We are not talking about a tweak to the squad.

Loan contracts usually run till the end of May. Player contracts usually to the end of June.

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Good stats.

Do you know how they compare with other clubs?

:agree: I agree with that.

For the record the stats on the timing of our signing of players in the summer show a fairly even spread through the transfer window.

From 2004 to 2011 (last 8 summer windows) we have signed 49 players in total, with the signings announced as follows:

The SPL kicks off this year on 4 August. If we stick to the above pattern we might have, say, 65% of our signings on board by the start of the leage campaign. So, if we are looking for nine signings that would be six players signed and available (hopefully) by the time the new campaign gets underway.

It's January when the timing of our transfer activity is much more skewed towards the back end of the window, with around 70% of our January signings occurring during week 4 and beyond.

Col2
10-06-2012, 03:51 PM
When it comes down to it is the difference between success or failure, believing or hoping. Winning and losing.

We have the biggest rebuilding job of all SPL clubs - Fact?

We have the 4th biggest budget and with RFC and Yams with varying issues we should be offering the most attractive deals for the right people assuming Celtic arent interested - Fact?

We have over the past 4-5 years in general bought very poorly with successive managers admitting 3rd or 4th choices were secured - fact?

Ask 100 Hibs fans what they would want:

1. Sign 10 players within agreed overall budget to complete the squad but a mix of 3rd and 4th choices so some risks on quality and half of them signed from mid July to end of aug.

Or

2. Sign 6 players which are at the higher end of what we want to pay but we know are 1st choices and are signed by mid July and have sell on value. Down side is while overall budget is not completely exhausted only opportunity is to bring in a couple of loan players and promote 2-3 from youth.

I think we all know what choice most would go for?

Time for a different approach as it hasn't worked in the past.

--------
10-06-2012, 03:51 PM

I think you're very likely right - except for one thing. The way things appear to be at ER, we WON'T avoid relegation next year.

I see no reason to think that Farmer and Petrie realise just how serious a situation the club is in right now.

They've invested around £5m in East Mains, £30m at least in the stadium, but they seem to be utterly unwilling to find the cash to revive the weakest squad in the SPL. Rumours abound that Hibs are about to sign this player or that, time passes, this palyer and that sign for other clubs, and Hibs end up signing their third- or fourth-best target too late for that player to be involved in a proper pre-season preparation.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee need to waken up and realise that if they fail to give Pat Fenlon the resources to put together a good enough squad not only to keep Hibs in the SPL, but to see the team climb the table by at least 3 or 4 places, the rate at which attendances fall will accelerate. The team will be playing in front of crowds of 6,000 or 7,000, and a lot of the ST holders who have renewed this season aganinst their better judgement will certainly not be coerced in renewing next season.

Abraham Lincoln observed that while you can fool SOME of the people ALL of the time, and ALL of the people SOME of the time, no one can fool ALL of the people ALL of the time.

I cannot understand why Hibs supporters aren't making a great deal more noise about the woeful performance of the cabal of numpties running Hibernian Football Club. They seem to think that the health of a football club lies in a shiny new stadium and a self-owned training ground, regardless of the ineptitude and disaffection displayed by the players on the pitch.

Of course, if things DO go completely pear-shaped over the next couple fo years, they can sell up the real estate and walk away. No one need suffer any loss except the poor bleeding supporters yet again.

A week and a half into the transfer window and no sign of any new players coming into the club, and no sign of any concern at the mess the club is in on the part of the men responsible for the good running of the club.

How I WISH there was some way of shooting Farmer and Petrie out the door before they destroy this club.

Thomson
10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I have a feeling that we are not signing anyone untill the Rangers situation gets resolved??

That's the spirit. Good to see hope's are high amongst the "Supporters". :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I assume you mean £30m for the stadium and not £30. How do you work that out?

They've invested around £5m in East Mains, £30 at least in the stadium, but they seem to be utterly unwilling to find the cash to revive the weakest squad in the SPL.

Jim44
10-06-2012, 04:02 PM

In some respects that is the depressing thing about the predicament we are in just now. Every player (and who can blame them?) will be looking after number one (financially) and will be indifferent to the bigger picture which is that we need decent players now so that Fenlon can mould a team almost from scratch and in the context of a successful pre-season training programme. As it stands it looks like we will be forced to wait till the back end of the window and will stand absolutely no chance of hitting the ground running with any semblance of a settled team when the season starts. Our hotch-potch of last minute signings will be expected to work miracles in a team with no backbone or affinity with the club and unless we 'get lucky' next season could be a replica of the last one.

Just Alf
10-06-2012, 04:02 PM

I'm the opposite!

Currants are in trouble, which is hopefully going to break the top 2 stranglehold on the cash/voting .... This should help us all longer term

We're rebuilding and NEED to get a new team, with a lot of the existing team being out of contract or lonees, that job's a wee bit easier

It's a buyers market just now and as previous posts mention there are bound to be clubs across Europe/Ireland looking to offload. And Edinburgh is a nice place to stay :-) and I know there's been a few moans about it but the training ground is a draw, especially for one of those "euros" wanting a stepping stone.

The problem is convincing them we are worth coming to, any decent player is likely to have 2nd thoughts, the trick here tho is probably to sign a few at the one time so they know they ain't alone!

Oh.... And the yams are downsizing :-)

Yup, all in all I'm quite positive

Mind you, I hope my hoose of cards doesn't tumble by Friday with the goings on due this week at der Hun :-/

--------
10-06-2012, 04:08 PM
I assume you mean £30m for the stadium and not £30. How do you work that out?

Yes - typo. I've corrected it.

I don't know how much the new stadium has cost the club over the 15 years it took to build, but it would surprise me if £30 million weren't way less than the true total. £7.5 million a stand?

My point, regardless of exactly how much the stadium cost, is that while they're quite ready to spend money of the infrastructure, right now they appear entirely unwilling to make an appropriate investment in the team which is, after all, the sole purpose of the existence of any football club.

But then the money they spent on the stadium and East Mains can be recouped by selling them. Money spent on players can't.

But that won't help the supporters if the team's relegated next season and board plowter around a year from now the way they have every close season since the CIS win in 2007.

(What a long time ago and a long way away that afternoon seems now.)

scoopyboy
10-06-2012, 04:23 PM
did we try to sign Mark Millar from Falkirk?

Not that I'm aware of.

Peevemor
10-06-2012, 04:26 PM

I don't know how much the new stadium has cost the club over the 15 years it took to build, but it would surprise me if £30 million weren't way less than the true total. £7.5 million a stand?

My point, regardless of exactly how much the stadium cost, is that while they're quite ready to spend money of the infrastructure, right now they appear entirely unwilling to make an appropriate investment in the team which is, after all, the sole purpose of the existence of any football club.

But then the money they spent on the stadium and East Mains can be recouped by selling them. Money spent on players can't.

But that won't help the supporters if the team's relegated next season and board plowter around a year from now the way they have every close season since the CIS win in 2007.

I reckon closer to £20m, with the main (West) stand being most expensive.

scoopyboy
10-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Because club A have a bid accepted and offer wages he might not think he will get elsewhere especially if they put a timescale on the offer eg before end of June. Player may not believe club B will stump up in July. Yes he can wait and take the cash but he is desperate to move so he has indicated.

Timescales can be dodgy things, listen McPake if you dinnae sign by the end of June ye can forget it. 30th June and he says not ready to commit yet do you tell him to f*** off or give him a while longer. Don't forget he has the large healthy insurance policy that he can stay at CCFC for a year and earn far more.

Regarding the last quality signing we got in early, I can't think of any at all.

We did get the likes of Kerr, Donaldson, Sproule in early but IMO not quality. If pushed GOC!!!!

scoopyboy
10-06-2012, 04:33 PM
When it comes down to it is the difference between success or failure, believing or hoping. Winning and losing.

We have the biggest rebuilding job of all SPL clubs - Fact?
We have the 4th biggest budget and with RFC and Yams with varying issues we should be offering the most attractive deals for the right people assuming Celtic arent interested - Fact?

We have over the past 4-5 years in general bought very poorly with successive managers admitting 3rd or 4th choices were secured - fact?

Ask 100 Hibs fans what they would want:

1. Sign 10 players within agreed overall budget to complete the squad but a mix of 3rd and 4th choices so some risks on quality and half of them signed from mid July to end of aug.

Or

2. Sign 6 players which are at the higher end of what we want to pay but we know are 1st choices and are signed by mid July and have sell on value. Down side is while overall budget is not completely exhausted only opportunity is to bring in a couple of loan players and promote 2-3 from youth.

I think we all know what choice most would go for?

Time for a different approach as it hasn't worked in the past.

Not sure on that, quite a few have loads out of contract at end of season.

I'm sure ICT were hardly left with anybody.

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 04:40 PM
I get your point but you would be surprised then how little it has cost the football club to build the stadium. The cost, to the football club, is under £10m.

The cost to Farmer, of his involvement with Hibs, is over £10m and the club is still in debt to the tune of around £6m , probably more now so I dont see the ground and the training centre realising over the £16m he would need to break even, so to speak, given that the debt is also subject of a personal guarantee. Watching the debacle at Rangers over the listed and actual values of their assetts I would be surprised if Hibs realised anywhere near that amount.

We are still cack though and that, I think, is the point you are making. I would argue that had we offered some overpaid mercenaries some pension funds we may have been able to stave of the slide for a couple of years but I fear we would only have been postponing it. I also look around and, other than Fergus McCann, I see no examples of "investing" in the team bring any sort of financial return. Charles Green, if he gets away with his current scam, will also make money as Rangers have the turnover to maintain profitability, if run correctly.

I agree with others when they say we need to get this one right.

Barney McGrew
10-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I reckon closer to £20m, with the main (West) stand being most expensive.

I don't think it was even as much as that. The two stands behind the goals were £8m between them and the East was £4m. IIRC, the West was around £6m.

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't think it was even as much as that. The two stands behind the goals were £8m between them and the East was £4m. IIRC, the West was around £6m.

Cost of the two end stands was met by Farmer, not Hibs. West cost £4m (which Farmer had to guarantee) and the East £3.2m.

The stadium, including the already built end stands, transferred from Farmer to Hibs for £2.5m.

Famous5forever
10-06-2012, 05:08 PM

Petrie makes Scrooge look like Father Christmas and that has been our problem since the Cup win in 07 no serious investment has been put into the playing squad. But this is his big chance to splash the cash and give us a team to be proud off again.
He said the season ticket money would be used to invest in the team so lets hope he sticks to his word we need a lift now and new quality players brought in would make all the difference.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Petrie makes Scrooge look like Father Christmas and that has been our problem since the Cup win in 07 no serious investment has been put into the playing squad. But this is his big chance to splash the cash and give us a team to be proud off again.
He said the season ticket money would be used to invest in the team so lets hope he sticks to his word we need a lift now and new quality players brought in would make all the difference.

I suppose if you keep telling yourself that, in the end you start to believe it. sniff.

marinello59
10-06-2012, 05:16 PM

You are really quick to engage with people who agree with you but ignore any challenges to your viewpoint so I will ask you again. Does Petrie deliberately delay signing players who would be willing to join us for the sake of saving a few weeks wages as you claim. Or was it just an over the top piece of nonsense from your own imagination?

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Hibs spent more in the four years following the cup win than we did on the four years prior. A lot more on wages on fees.

smurf
10-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Hibs spent more in the four years following the cup win than we did on the four years prior. A lot more on wages on fees.

A lot in compensation that goes in the wages figure?

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 05:27 PM

I dont know if compensation is "wages" or other costs. Nor do I know the amounts of compensation paid.

marinello59
10-06-2012, 05:32 PM

I think I get your thinking regarding compensation.....money wasted.
Rod Petrie's failing has not been refusing to back his managers financially no matter how many times people post it. His failure has been backing the wrong managers. Even taking the compensation payments out of the equation would probably show that Hughes, Calderwood, Mixu and Collins had a decent enough budget to work with.

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 05:44 PM
I think I get your thinking regarding compensation.....money wasted.
Rod Petrie's failing has not been refusing to back his managers financially no matter how many times people post it. His failure has been backing the wrong managers. Even taking the compensation payments out of the equation would probably show that Hughes, Calderwood, Mixu and Collins had a decent enough budget to work with.

Collins followed Mowbray (who we would have recieved compo for) so there was no compensation there, and subsequently Collins resigned so none there either. Mixu, Hughes and Calderwood would have received compensation though. But the difference in wages paid for the four seasons post 2007, compared to the four seasons prior averages over £1m per season more which is ulikely to be all compensation. I dont think we can accuse the club of not backing the managers. Picking crap managers and the managers themselves being not up to the job, then they are difficult to defend, but on not financing the managers there is no evidence to suggest this is accurate.

FitbaFolkKen
10-06-2012, 05:50 PM

Garbage, spent plenty money. Just spent on rubbish.

smurf
10-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I agree we have spent enough to be doing far better than we have been. The notion though that it is just the wrong managers signing the wrong players seems too unlucky to me.

FitbaFolkKen
10-06-2012, 06:01 PM
I agree we have spent enough to be doing far better than we have been. The notion though that it is just the wrong managers signing the wrong players seems too unlucky to me.

Signing the wrong managers means paying off managers, and then players as you have the continued cycle of replacing the team as we have seen.

Sticking with a manager should ensure money is spent on current players and not on huddies sitting in the reserves. Up to Pat to sort it, hopefully a bit of stability will see him get the opportunity to invest accordingly.

Famous5forever
10-06-2012, 06:05 PM
You are really quick to engage with people who agree with you but ignore any challenges to your viewpoint so I will ask you again. Does Petrie deliberately delay signing players who would be willing to join us for the sake of saving a few weeks wages as you claim. Or was it just an over the top piece of nonsense from your own imagination?

Just my thoughts as to an explaination for the delay thats all and you are right i am probably wrong i just want to see us winning again and winning with good football and we need new players to acheive this.
We have the best ground and training facilities in Scotland outwith the old firm all we need now is a team on the park to match.

smurf
10-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Signing the wrong managers means paying off managers, and then players as you have the continued cycle of replacing the team as we have seen.

Sticking with a manager should ensure money is spent on current players and not on huddies sitting in the reserves. Up to Pat to sort it, hopefully a bit of stability will see him get the opportunity to invest accordingly.

Other clubs have had turnover in managers and huge turnover in players. And with much smaller resources have done much better.

GreenPJ
10-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Other clubs have had turnover in managers and huge turnover in players. And with much smaller resources have done much better.

Other than hearts who has had the same churn in managers.

BEEJ
10-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Good stats.

Do you know how they compare with other clubs?
No, I've no equivalent figures for other clubs.

It is possible though to do the maths on the listing of all UK transfers,a listing that is made available on certain sites at the beginning of September once the window has closed.

I did this exercise for one of the January windows and in that particular window Hibs did more of their recruitment later in the month than was shown across the national average. I've never looked at the summer figures for the UK transfer market for a similar comparison.

FitbaFolkKen
10-06-2012, 06:26 PM

There are always exceptions to the rule, but high turnover isn't the way to run a business.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Just my thoughts as to an explaination for the delay thats all and you are right i am probably wrong i just want to see us winning again and winning with good football and we need new players to acheive this.
We have the best ground and training facilities in Scotland outwith the old firm all we need now is a team on the park to match.

So your original post was utter pish then, with no facts just an excuse to have a pop at the chairman?

There's quite enough Petrie has done that quite a lot of us think he could have done a lot better, so if you are going to rip into him, get your facts right first.

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 07:14 PM

I think thats the way, outside the very big clubs, that things appear to have been heading for quite a while now. Player/manager has a good six months then other clubs start sniffing around and, on the contrary, when they have a poor spell the fans are baying for blood and the club itself is looking to punt them.

Generally we do better than other clubs with less resources but given the last few season the stats are narrowing quite quickly.

Kaiser1962
10-06-2012, 07:18 PM
No, I've no equivalent figures for other clubs.

It is possible though to do the maths on the listing of all UK transfers,a listing that is made available on certain sites at the beginning of September once the window has closed.

I did this exercise for one of the January windows and in that particular window Hibs did more of their recruitment later in the month than was shown across the national average. I've never looked at the summer figures for the UK transfer market for a similar comparison.

I think the past couple of January's we have failed to bring in the players the manager wanted and, as time was running out, we resorted to plan B. It would be more interesting to compare the summer stats with other clubs to see how that pans out. IMO if we do the deals early enough i.e prior to pre season, then that would be a good indicator that the manager has been reasonably successful in acquiring his targets.

smurf
10-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Other than hearts who has had the same churn in managers.

Motherwell. Kilmarnock.

brydekirk
11-06-2012, 06:06 AM
According to the express we are offering. Mark Brown an extention to his contract

bingo70
11-06-2012, 06:15 AM
According to the express we are offering. Mark Brown an extention to his contract

We've enough players to be looking for without adding a new reserve goalie to the list as well.

I'll be worried if he's first choice next season though.

Just Alf
11-06-2012, 07:23 AM
So your original post was utter pish then, with no facts just an excuse to have a pop at the chairman?

There's quite enough Petrie has done that quite a lot of us think he could have done a lot better, so if you are going to rip into him, get your facts right first.

Sigh....

Cropley10
11-06-2012, 07:40 AM

:agree: something's not right, Stokes and Bamba were the last decent players we signed IMO.

Andy74
11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I think the past couple of January's we have failed to bring in the players the manager wanted and, as time was running out, we resorted to plan B. It would be more interesting to compare the summer stats with other clubs to see how that pans out. IMO if we do the deals early enough i.e prior to pre season, then that would be a good indicator that the manager has been reasonably successful in acquiring his targets.

Tells you nothing.

Like McPake perhaps getting players late is an inidcation that the manager is waiting for or continuing to pursue main targets and hasn't panicked into buying just anyone?

You can come up with whatever theories you like, the failure of the managers and players can't be linked to when the players were bought.

As I mentioned above, Graeme Smith was first day of the window, Ed de Graaf was early as well - does that mean that they were better signings?

GreenPJ
11-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Motherwell. Kilmarnock.

Killie - 4 managers in 10 years (one of which was always interim)
Motherwell - 6 managers in 10 years (one of which was assistant manager being promoted)
Hibs - 8 managers in 10 years

GreenPJ
11-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Think the club's subtle comment in the announcement about Weatherseal agreement with the SPL was trying to emphasise that the window opened on Saturday and today is the first working day since then. Hopefully may be some news in the next few days.

Famous5forever
11-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Think the club's subtle comment in the announcement about Weatherseal agreement with the SPL was trying to emphasise that the window opened on Saturday and today is the first working day since then. Hopefully may be some news in the next few days.

Yes fingers crossed not a peep in todays papers of any signings so far lets see what EEN Says this afternoon.

GloryGlory
11-06-2012, 10:06 AM

Isn't that Brian Kennedy's company? Interesting, given his involvement with the Blue Knights! :wink:

Andy74
11-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Yes fingers crossed not a peep in todays papers of any signings so far lets see what EEN Says this afternoon.

The Evening News isn't going to announce Hibs signings.

The News has, however, in the last few weeks talked about Cairney, Clancy, Mikhailik and McPake, so there are things going on.

--------
11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I get your point but you would be surprised then how little it has cost the football club to build the stadium. The cost, to the football club, is under £10m.

The cost to Farmer, of his involvement with Hibs, is over £10m and the club is still in debt to the tune of around £6m , probably more now so I dont see the ground and the training centre realising over the £16m he would need to break even, so to speak, given that the debt is also subject of a personal guarantee. Watching the debacle at Rangers over the listed and actual values of their assetts I would be surprised if Hibs realised anywhere near that amount.

We are still cack though and that, I think, is the point you are making. I would argue that had we offered some overpaid mercenaries some pension funds we may have been able to stave of the slide for a couple of years but I fear we would only have been postponing it. I also look around and, other than Fergus McCann, I see no examples of "investing" in the team bring any sort of financial return. Charles Green, if he gets away with his current scam, will also make money as Rangers have the turnover to maintain profitability, if run correctly.

I agree with others when they say we need to get this one right.

You're sure of this? it seems an awfully low figure to me.

The point I was making - and I admit that I have no firm and accurate information regarding the cost of the stadium and training ground - is that thanks to our apparent inability to appoint a manager capable of sorting out the mess left by whichever past manager you want to start with the team has been in a complete state of flux for quite a number of years now. To the extent that right now Hibs are effectively stuck hard aground on a stinking muddy sandbank miles up Ordure Creek with neither an outboard motor nor even a paddle on the canoe. The fact that it's a modern and reasonably well-appointed canoe, with comfy seats and a good view of what's going on all around, is beside the point. It's stuck, and the smell is appalling.

This situation requires decisive and effective action NOW - not necessarily throwing away the family inheritance on overpaid mercenaries (personally I would suggest that a number of our recent signings fall into that category. (The problem is that most of OUR overpaid mercenaries were utted crud.) But what IS needed is for Pat Fenlon to be given a better budget and wider leeway to sign players up to turn the team around, to buy time for the fabled 'youth scheme' to start producing, and to make Hibs a more attractive prospect to players out of contract NEXT June. If a team's going up the league and there's a buzz around the club, a player might just be easier to deal with than when the team's on the slide and everybody, his auntie and his hamster are going around moaning all the time.

And after La Grande Debacle of the 19th May, the fans need something SOON to get their spirits up. That day cost me around £200 for the privilege of sitting 20 feet away from the Manky Horde while the team simply failed to turn up. I now understand how my father felt when he heard that Joe Baker was leaving after having a wage increase of £5 per week turned down. I think there are more than a few of us reaching the place where we really can't take much more crap from the club.

Kaiser1962
11-06-2012, 03:35 PM
You're sure of this? it seems an awfully low figure to me.

I have listed the costs elsewhere on this thread.

I do not wholly disagree with the content of your post either and I hope Fenlon is the man and would expect him to be given every opportunty to show that he is. If it turns out he isnt then I dont what what else can be done other than appoint the next man.

While we were well beaten at the cup final it is worth noting that Hearts expenditure since Vlad took over is close to £50m more than their income. They had three (at least) starters that we tried to get so the money does make a difference.

.Sean.
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM

McPake
Griffiths
Michalik
Cairney
Clancey
Black
Carrol
Hayes

????????

scoopyboy
11-06-2012, 05:00 PM
McPake
Griffiths
Michalik
Cairney
Clancey
Black
Carrol
Hayes

????????

Paul Dixon, but he stated he wanted to give England a try.

Couldn't argue about Danny Swanson but according to some we did.

Also a right back that Brooster mentioned last week in a thread who would be excellent.

bingo70
11-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Paul Dixon, but he stated he wanted to give England a try.

Couldn't argue about Danny Swanson but according to some we did.

Also a right back that Brooster mentioned last week in a thread who would be excellent.

Who's the right back brooster mentioned?

Speedway
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Who's the right back brooster mentioned?

Whoever it is, we'd want to sail away with him, that's for sure.

Mibbes Aye
12-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Whoever it is, we'd want to sail away with him, that's for sure.

I see what you're doing there, nice one :wink:

So we're in for this fellow then :aok:

http://www.whatsonthefringe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Mr-Boom.jpg

HibbyDave
14-06-2012, 07:36 PM

How many season tickets sold? How much money?

It's a secret...

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Just because we haven't signed anyone disnae mean there is no activity going on. I'm sure offers will be out to players via agents. Worrying yourself that there "is not a peep" from Hibs is just daft.

yeah i agree look at all those Rangers players who will be looking for new clubs. as long as we check there bank statements lol

Sas_The_Hibby
14-06-2012, 08:53 PM
I see what you're doing there, nice one :wink:

So we're in for this fellow then :aok:

http://www.whatsonthefringe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Mr-Boom.jpg

What do people think of this new home strip, anyway?

cabbageandribs1875
14-06-2012, 08:57 PM
What do people think of this new home strip, anyway?

the hat looks stupid :( looks like a lampshade, not hibs class

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 09:01 PM
About any potential signings :confused:

Please don't tell me it's the "Hibs way" again as we need a totally new outlook to the way this club is run. :rolleyes:

Even Greggs is dead quiet :worried:

Aston Villa players Carlos Cuellar and Emile Heskey are out of contract this summer and will seek employment elsewhere

Chelsea
Salomon Kalou, 26 striker

man city Owen Hargreaves, 31 – Midfielder
Stuart Taylor, 31 – Goalkeeper

man utd Tomasz Kuszczak, 30 – Goalkeeper

newcastle Danny Guthrie, 25 – Midfielder
Peter Lovenkrands, 32 – Striker

stoke Michael Tonge, 29 – Midfielder

come on petrie many more in England that need new clubs and all the above are on free transfers

At The Edge
14-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Aston Villa players Carlos Cuellar and Emile Heskey are out of contract this summer and will seek employment elsewhere

Chelsea

come on petrie many more in England that need new clubs and all the above are on free transfers

They may be on a freebie, but their wage demands will way out of our league, i'd imagine that Kalou would probably be on more at Chelsea a week than the whole Hibs first team, under 19's and management team combined wage per month :greengrin

jabis
14-06-2012, 09:25 PM

Chelsea

one half of me say's "dream on",the other half(with a bottle of wine on the inside)say's "ok,you hear of players signing BECAUSE of the teams signing policy"........aim high,and die.

Aim high and die............I feel a (THE)rangers song coming on :greengrin

thefifer1959
14-06-2012, 09:27 PM
They may be on a freebie, but their wage demands will way out of our league, i'd imagine that Kalou would probably be on more at Chelsea a week than the whole Hibs first team, under 19's and management team combined wage per month :greengrin

was having a lucid moment i thought then i woke up[ and saw the down side, yeah mate u right. but one can dream cant one and better than that dross playing last season.

Hibiza
16-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Said after your wee rap on the knucles that you got more things to worry about , like building a team. Fine. Lets see it. :flag:

Thecat23
16-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I wonder if what is going on with Rangers is having an effect on us and other SPL targets. Players down south may want to see if there is a Gers team in the SPL, as when we usually sign players it's always the case they want to perform in front of big crowds I.e Old Firm games. On the other hand may not have any impact at all! Thoughts?