PDA

View Full Version : NHC Paolo di Canio accused of racism

PatHead
29-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Whether or not he thinks the player is rubbish no need for racism. Sad how club backed him up until mid May with player needing to report it to FA before they apologise. Think this could run and run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18245752

surreyhibbie
29-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Whether or not he thinks the player is rubbish no need for racism. Sad how club backed him up until mid May with player needing to report it to FA before they apologise. Think this could run and run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18245752

LOL!

Breaking news - bears **** in the woods!

The man is a well known Fascist - remember his Nazi salute at Lazio ( I think it was) ?

Stevie Reid
29-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Not a good month for Swindon: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18206915

sadtom
29-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Di Canio is a little ***** of a man. Should have been made persona non grata after he came out with his fascist guff years ago.
In light of the english FA rightly condeming the potential of racism being prevelant in the Ukraine, it will be interesting to see how the FA react when it is being displayed closer to home.
If you listen to the radio interview in the link, the swindon spokesman (chairman?) said "we should be focasing on the good things paulo has done'!!
What! Did he make the trains run on time?! Sheesh.

Pretty Boy
29-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Paolo Di Canio is a racist??

In other news Pope confirms rumours that he's Catholic.

TRC
29-05-2012, 01:20 PM
LOL!

Breaking news - bears **** in the woods!

The man is a well known Fascist - remember his Nazi salute at Lazio ( I think it was) ?

Just as wrong in terms of fascism, but that was actually a roman salute.

DH1875
29-05-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm sure he's got a Mussolini tattoo and was/is a Irriducibili.

PatHead
29-05-2012, 01:40 PM
I always find it interesting how England take a swipe at any country who has a Racist problem but in the last 3 headline cases which have reared their head in England, Terry has been allowed to carry on as England captain by the FA, DiCanio's current club tried to sweep it under the carpet and Liverpool disgraced themselves in trying to defend the indefensible.

Within the last 2 weeks both Sky and BBC have made documentaries slating another country for the way they handle racism. Is it just me that sees the irony?

I feel their rightousness would carry a lot more weight if they acted consistantly and not just when it suits.

easty
29-05-2012, 01:53 PM
and was/is a Irriducibili.

is that Italian for was/is in The Incredibles?

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 02:25 PM
I always find it interesting how England take a swipe at any country who has a Racist problem but in the last 3 headline cases which have reared their head in England, Terry has been allowed to carry on as England captain by the FA, DiCanio's current club tried to sweep it under the carpet and Liverpool disgraced themselves in trying to defend the indefensible.

Within the last 2 weeks both Sky and BBC have made documentaries slating another country for the way they handle racism. Is it just me that sees the irony?

I feel their rightousness would carry a lot more weight if they acted consistantly and not just when it suits.

SKY and BBC produce programmes that are watched further afield than just England do they not? Or is it just England they are representing when they broadcast these programmes?

Dunbar Hibee
29-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Di Canio is a little ***** of a man. Should have been made persona non grata after he came out with his fascist guff years ago.
In light of the english FA rightly condeming the potential of racism being prevelant in the Ukraine, it will be interesting to see how the FA react when it is being displayed closer to home.
If you listen to the radio interview in the link, the swindon spokesman (chairman?) said "we should be focasing on the good things paulo has done'!!
What! Did he make the trains run on time?! Sheesh.

He has worked wonders at Swindon. I'm sure that is what the spokesman is talking about.:aok:

--------
29-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Just as wrong in terms of fascism, but that was actually a roman salute.

Mussolini took the Roman salute as the salute for his fascists. Hitler followed on.

Same way they based their eagle standards on Roman legionary standards.

The man is a Fascist; that was a Fascist salute.

PatHead
29-05-2012, 02:48 PM
SKY and BBC produce programmes that are watched further afield than just England do they not? Or is it just England they are representing when they broadcast these programmes?

Without getting all nationalistic about it I do believe that Sky and BBC will target these programmes at an English audience as it will improve viewing figures. Just as BBC Scotland programme on Rangers was only shown in Scotland and not down South. Unfortunately BBC Scotland do show a lot of programmmes that have little or nothing to do with Scotland wheras BBC England don't pick up a lot of our local programmes. Can bet your bottom dollar that if England had failed to qualify and Scotland had they wouldn't have bothered with the programme.

I don't really have a problem with that as 90% of UK population live in England and Wales.

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Without getting all nationalistic about it I do believe that Sky and BBC will target these programmes at an English audience as it will improve viewing figures. Just as BBC Scotland programme on Rangers was only shown in Scotland and not down South. Unfortunately BBC Scotland do show a lot of programmmes that have little or nothing to do with Scotland wheras BBC England don't pick up a lot of our local programmes. Can bet your bottom dollar that if England had failed to qualify and Scotland had they wouldn't have bothered with the programme.

I don't really have a problem with that as 90% of UK population live in England and Wales.

:aok: Interesting going on the Rangers scenario that BBC Scotland chose to show the programme here last night.

PatHead
29-05-2012, 03:09 PM
:aok: Interesting going on the Rangers scenario that BBC Scotland chose to show the programme here last night.

Love to find out the viewing figures. Keep hearing how big Rangers are down there.

DH1875
29-05-2012, 07:07 PM

Don't know about that :dunno:. It is Italian for getting the living kicked out of you though :agree:.

hopefulhibby
29-05-2012, 07:29 PM
He has worked wonders at Swindon. I'm sure that is what the spokesman is talking about.:aok:
Worked wonders wherever he played as well, does anyone think the race card is being played a bit too much, i work with a guy from Ghana and he did not know what all the fuss was about with Terry and Ferdinand as he reckoned Ferdinand is not a black man, he got a few funny looks that day

Dunbar Hibee
29-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Worked wonders wherever he played as well, does anyone think the race card is being played a bit too much, i work with a guy from Ghana and he did not know what all the fuss was about with Terry and Ferdinand as he reckoned Ferdinand is not a black man, he got a few funny looks that day

I really like Paolo. Passionate football man and a character. Its just a shame about his whole fascist side..

basehibby
30-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Sad - very sad. A prime example of a football player you grow to admire and respect on the pitch showing himself to be a complete ersehole of the highest order every time he opens his mouth. DeCannio = :clown: - and a nasty small minded one at that

PatHead
31-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Notice Swindon have punished him with a new 2 year contract.

neilmartinrocks
31-05-2012, 10:10 AM

its the name of the ultras that follow lazzio.

hibsdaft
31-05-2012, 05:53 PM

well said.

sesoim
01-06-2012, 01:10 AM

In this case, I think England is right to issue the problems out there. There is violent, nasty racism in these countries that is potentially life endangering. To compare that to a few cases in England of people saying stupid things in the heat of the moment is ridiculous.

marinello59
01-06-2012, 07:27 AM
In this case, I think England is right to issue the problems out there. There is violent, nasty racism in these countries that is potentially life endangering. To compare that to a few cases in England of people saying stupid things in the heat of the moment is ridiculous.

:agree: