PDA

View Full Version : 3 Days To Go!

Thomson
29-05-2012, 08:30 AM
3 days till the transfer window opens. Do you think there will be immediate announcements, announced over the course of the window, or last minute again?

What do you think?

CallumLaidlaw
29-05-2012, 08:34 AM
We MUST bring in Fenlons main targets in time for the players starting pre-season training.

Pretty Boy
29-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Expect Paul Cairney to be announced pretty early doors.

Hopefully along with James McPake.

Thomson
29-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Expect Paul Cairney to be announced pretty early doors.

Hopefully along with James McPake.

:pray:

Thomson
29-05-2012, 08:52 AM
We MUST bring in Fenlons main targets in time for the players starting pre-season training.

:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
29-05-2012, 09:51 AM
If we don't bring them early doors, will we have a team to start the season?

PatHead
29-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Surely one of the main factors is if Rangers remain in SPL. A full budget can't be set until this is known. Rod always ensures we live within our means and I can't see him going wild with the chequebook until situation is clarified.

How ironic- Rangers still have all their players whilst everyone else can't budget until they know what is happening. :confused:

Pretty Boy
29-05-2012, 09:58 AM
If we don't bring them early doors, will we have a team to start the season?

Antell

Wotherspoon
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Kujabi

Sproule
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson

Doyle
Caldwell

I think the moral of that 'story' is: we need players!

Thomson
29-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Antell

Wotherspoon
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Kujabi

Sproule
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson

Doyle
Caldwell

Loan Terminated!

And with that team, i think we could actually win the 2nd division. :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
29-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Loan Terminated!

The claros thing hasn't been confirmed

Leishy1995
29-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Mcpake did tweet saying he was glad to be back from his holiday, that deal may start picking up pace now.

offshorehibby
29-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Loan Terminated!

Never seen that confirmed anywhere.

smurf
29-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Expect "Folk are on holiday its hard to get things done" talk from the club. Same every year!

BEEJ
29-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Expect "Folk are on holiday its hard to get things done" talk from the club. Same every year!
:agree: Everyone's at the Euro 2012 championships. No one can be reached.

PatHead
29-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Don't think many of our targets will be involved in Euros!

Saorsa
29-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Don't think many of our targets will be involved in Euros!Correct and no many were involved in the last world cup but it was still one of the lines trotted out for our failure tae sign players early in the windae.

Moulin Yarns
29-05-2012, 12:34 PM

When did Ireland come out of the single Eouropean Currency :confused:

Lucius Apuleius
29-05-2012, 12:41 PM

I don't think that will happen this summer somehow.

smurf
29-05-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't think that will happen this summer somehow.

I really hope so but don't share your confidence.

DH1875
29-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Loan Terminated!

It hasn't been terminated :confused:.

Would love to think we've got our targets identified and will use the cup final run money, season ticket money to go get them. Problem is I can see us still looking for loan deals come the end of August.

Craig_in_Prague
29-05-2012, 01:18 PM

"The club would like to ensure the supporters that the manager and board are working very hard behind the scenes and would ask the fans to be patient"

=

"We again lost out on nearly every player the manager really wanted, we are now checking the bottom of the barrell to see what we can scrape out of it"

Thomson
29-05-2012, 01:18 PM
The claros thing hasn't been confirmed

Never seen that confirmed anywhere.

It hasn't been terminated :confused:.

Think i get the point. But that's not the point of the thread.

I hope that we have identified more targets than we need because first choices will not be guaranteed. Fingers crossed

Stevie Reid
29-05-2012, 01:29 PM
The main difference between this year and others is that in previous pre-seasons we have been stuck with the old 'chicken ang egg' scenario where the club tried to attract supporters by promising that all season ticket money will be spent on players, whilst many supporters (understandably) wanted the signing of some exciting players before committing their season ticket money, resulting in the summer rumbling on without too much activity.

Now we have much more ST money in than we have had any right to expect, and I think that Rod is clever enough not only to know that we need to be as quick and decisive in our transfer dealings as possible for the sake of the club going forward, but also that if we do make the right type of signings early in the summer, we could end up with a ridiculous amount of ST holders for a club that finished 11th in the SPL.

Of course, I may well be wrong, but we will see. The last time that I had a strong feeling about what we would do in the transfer market was a feeling that we would make a marquee signing of some description in Mixu's first summer - we got Riordan that year. I think RP knows that definitive moves must be made this year.

Famous5forever
29-05-2012, 02:05 PM
3 days till the transfer window opens. Do you think there will be immediate announcements, announced over the course of the window, or last minute again?

What do you think?

This is a tricky one to answer and it will all depend on the size of the warchest that Paddy is given id still expect at leat 7 new players in with a mixture of loanees and long term signings i also think we should have kept Nid for one more season.

smurf
29-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Keep on reading we have lots of season ticket holders. Do we really?

frazeHFC
29-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Ohhhh right i wondered why no signings seem to be happening, it's not open yet. :doh:

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 06:51 PM

Yes the only way to guarantee seeing a game this coming season is by buying one of the few remaining ST's. You'll be extremely disappointed if you try to PATG. Don't risk getting locked out..........................spread the word!

hopefulhibby
29-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Think i get the point. But that's not the point of the thread.

I hope that we have identified more targets than we need because first choices will not be guaranteed. Fingers crossed
We can identify all the targets we like but i honestly think its going to be hard to get good players to sign, i think we will be competing with league 1, SPL and some championship clubs for players, anyone know what the average league 1 wage is?

BEEJ
29-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Agents, managers, assistant managers, players selected for their sides, those players club team-mates, various other players not selected for international duty, those players' families ... and uncle Tom Cobbly and all ..... indeed everyone who is remotely associated with the professional game in the UK will be at Euro 2012.

Therefore everything grinds to a halt over here until at least the day after the final.

Or so we have previously been led to believe. :wink:

AlbertK86
29-05-2012, 09:02 PM
It will be the same as every year.

Calderwood thought he could clear out the trash and bring in better.... But surprise surprise we waited until the last minute for the majority because we wanted as cheap a deal as poss and didn't want to pay wages over the period there were no games.

Plus ..... Nobody of any real ability with experience wants to come anywhere near us

We are not an attractive proposition.

I really hope ROD proves me wrong this year but I ain't huddin ma breath

Brebners Bookie
30-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Antell

Wotherspoon
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Kujabi

Sproule
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson

Doyle
Caldwell

That team would split the old firm

Steve-O
30-05-2012, 07:59 AM

Could do...if Rangers are in Division 3 :agree:

Thomson
30-05-2012, 08:56 AM

I think you're getting mixed up between the old firm, and the elderly and infirm. :wink:

Saorsa
30-05-2012, 09:02 AM
That team would split the old firmhttp://www.jaimesoriano.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/crack_pipe.jpg

That team would struggle tae beat the lads having a kick about doon Leith Links on a Sunday

Lungo--Drom
30-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Based on the fact that a miserable fud like me finally stopped humming and hawing and bought an ST the moment we were through to the Cup Final then I'd say that I'm not the only one who:

> got their first ST or
> got an ST after several years wi'out one

It's just a suggestion but I think there'll be way more ST holders this coming season, a lot of which was spurred on by winning the Cup semi. I think Rodders will be more in a sweat deciding how much ST money to use towards paying off debt and how much to bring on new signings.