PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final refund of overpayment

One Day
28-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Is any one who paid £35, (cash), but got £28 tickets still waiting for their refund?

alnewhaven
28-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Yes. Raised it when I collected tickets especially as one is a child's and therefore due £20 (?) back. Had a call immediately after but nothing since

Mikey
28-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Best to e-mail Judith...........

jireland@hibernianfc.co.uk

If you give name, client ref, amount, etc, she'll sort you out.

Be polite :greengrin

Hibby70
28-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Didn't we all overpay?

gegs70
28-05-2012, 05:50 PM
yep we are still waiting email judith and she said it would be sorted and sent out last week. Still not had anything so sent another email but nothing yet....fairly quick at taking the cash but slow at geting it sent out?

alan1875
28-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Same, called and still waiting...

gegs70
28-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Rod must be trying to make interest on the extra cash.

One Day
28-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Best to e-mail Judith...........

jireland@hibernianfc.co.uk

If you give name, client ref, amount, etc, she'll sort you out.

Be polite :greengrin

Thanks for that, polite email has been sent.

hibbysam
29-05-2012, 01:53 PM
E-mailed Judith this morning about this and got a swift reply explaining that all cheques are with the Accounts department for signing and will be sent out by the end of the week.

My biggest question though as there was no under 16 sales for the North Stand so I applied for 5 adult tickets, but I had my 3 year old nephew with me and as we were moved to the East stand I would have been eligible for a youth ticket for him.. But the ticket office wouldn't know that at the time.. anyone else in the same boat?

alnewhaven
29-05-2012, 09:06 PM
E-mailed Judith this morning about this and got a swift reply explaining that all cheques are with the Accounts department for signing and will be sent out by the end of the week.

My biggest question though as there was no under 16 sales for the North Stand so I applied for 5 adult tickets, but I had my 3 year old nephew with me and as we were moved to the East stand I would have been eligible for a youth ticket for him.. But the ticket office wouldn't know that at the time.. anyone else in the same boat?

Yes I mentioned this when I collected our tickets. The woman I spoke to tore a stub of one ticket to show it was a childs and took details for refund.

hibbysam
29-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Yes I mentioned this when I collected our tickets. The woman I spoke to tore a stub of one ticket to show it was a childs and took details for refund.

Judith told me today that whatever I applied for in the North stand is what I got for the East and I wont get a refund on the bairns ticket.. Well how could I apply for a childs ticket in a stand that doesn't sell child tickets? Absolute farce and now had to fork out an extra 18 pound for a 3 year old to go to the game.. Bit of common sense says they could have checked his client ref and seen what age he was.

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Judith told me today that whatever I applied for in the North stand is what I got for the East and I wont get a refund on the bairns ticket.. Well how could I apply for a childs ticket in a stand that doesn't sell child tickets? Absolute farce and now had to fork out an extra 18 pound for a 3 year old to go to the game.. Bit of common sense says they could have checked his client ref and seen what age he was.

Can't see what you're moaning about to be honest, you were happy to pay £35 to take your 3 year old in the North and actually paid for the tickets. Circumstances meant you only paid £28 as you went in the East so therefore saved £7 per ticket on what you were originally happy to pay.

hibbysam
29-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Can't see what you're moaning about to be honest, you were happy to pay £35 to take your 3 year old in the North and actually paid for the tickets. Circumstances meant you only paid £28 as you went in the East so therefore saved £7 per ticket on what you were originally happy to pay.

Yes but that was in a £35 seat.. So now I'm paying 28 pound instead of 10?

Your bit about I actually paid for the tickets is the worst bit about it all.. They allowed people to carry on paying money for seats that they knew were sold out.. Why should I pay an adult price for a child when child tickets were available for the stand i was put in?

The applications were a joke from start to finish.. They allowed me to pay for North stand when it was already sold out.. I now have to wait well over a month for a refund when if I got my tickets at the time they'd have known it was sold out.

She is now saying I'm not getting full refund for a childs ticket because i didn't state that i wanted a child ticket.. Why would i declare a child going into a stand that doesn't sell child tickets?

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes but that was in a £35 seat.. So now I'm paying 28 pound instead of 10?

Your bit about I actually paid for the tickets is the worst bit about it all.. They allowed people to carry on paying money for seats that they knew were sold out.. Why should I pay an adult price for a child when child tickets were available for the stand i was put in?

The applications were a joke from start to finish.. They allowed me to pay for North stand when it was already sold out.. I now have to wait well over a month for a refund when if I got my tickets at the time they'd have known it was sold out.

She is now saying I'm not getting full refund for a childs ticket because i didn't state that i wanted a child ticket.. Why would i declare a child going into a stand that doesn't sell child tickets?

I actually put my forms in with requests for North seats but was told there and then that they were sold out, the TO altered my form in front of me and handed me back the cash difference straight away. You've still saved on what you were happy to pay originally though!

hibbysam
30-05-2012, 08:14 AM
It's not about saving on what i paid though? I paid for north stand.. Which is dearer so obviously I'm going save if they move me to a cheaper area.. But now tell me why I should have to pay adult prices for a three year old when a child price is available?

Beefster
30-05-2012, 02:12 PM

How are Hibs to know that, despite you applying for and getting an adult ticket, you actually took your 3 year old along? As far as they're concerned you could be at it.

I think you're being a touch unreasonable. You applied for an adult ticket, you pay for an adult ticket - seems fair to me.

Beefster
30-05-2012, 02:13 PM
It's not about saving on what i paid though? I paid for north stand.. Which is dearer so obviously I'm going save if they move me to a cheaper area.. But now tell me why I should have to pay adult prices for a three year old when a child price is available?

Because you didn't apply for a child ticket.

hibbysam
30-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Because you didn't apply for a child ticket.

I didn't apply for one because they never let people know that they weren't getting a ticket in the stand I paid for.. As far as I was aware I should have been getting a ticket in the north.. If not they should have let those people know, they had my details on the form.. Why else would they ask for a number and email address.. They also should have refunded there and then.. Not well over a month later.. If I went into a shop and ordered an item and got one of a lesser quality and worth less would I have to wait a month on a cheque when I paid cash in hand? I don't think so.

hibbysam
30-05-2012, 04:50 PM
How are Hibs to know that, despite you applying for and getting an adult ticket, you actually took your 3 year old along? As far as they're concerned you could be at it.

I think you're being a touch unreasonable. You applied for an adult ticket, you pay for an adult ticket - seems fair to me.

Oh and you saying you took your three year old along.. Yes using his client reference for his season.. So do they just not hand out any child tickets in case people are 'at it'?

millarco
30-05-2012, 04:55 PM
I didn't apply for one because they never let people know that they weren't getting a ticket in the stand I paid for.. As far as I was aware I should have been getting a ticket in the north.. If not they should have refunded there and then.. Not well over a month later.. If I went into a shop and ordered an item and got one of a lesser quality and worth less would I have to wait a month on a cheque when I paid cash in hand? I don't think so.

I think I'm in a similar situation to you in that one of our party is under 16 but we applied unsuccessfully for North Stand tickets. I was told from someone at the ticket office, though not Judith, that we'd receive the money for the price difference and that all the forms were waiting to be sent up to the finance department. Hoping the payment will be going through soon but not too optimistic, will be chasing it up next week.

If, like us, you used a client reference for someone under 16 I think you should be entitled to the difference back. You should pay for what you were entitled to, and there were no concessions available in the North to apply for. Shouldn't have anything to do with willingness to pay or anything like that.

marinello59
30-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I think I'm in a similar situation to you in that one of our party is under 16 but we applied unsuccessfully for North Stand tickets. I was told from someone at the ticket office, though not Judith, that we'd receive the money for the price difference and that all the forms were waiting to be sent up to the finance department. Hoping the payment will be going through soon but not too optimistic, will be chasing it up next week.

If, like us, you used a client reference for someone under 16 I think you should be entitled to the difference back. You should pay for what you were entitled to, and there were no concessions available in the North to apply for. Shouldn't have anything to do with willingness to pay or anything like that.

Just because the client reference used was a kids doesn't have to mean that the ticket was for a kid. The club could not know that. I agree, it's annoying, but there ain't much can be done now. You applied for adult tickets, that's what you got.

Beefster
30-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh and you saying you took your three year old along.. Yes using his client reference for his season.. So do they just not hand out any child tickets in case people are 'at it'?

No, they hand out child tickets so that they know that only a kid can use the ticket. You had an adult ticket (which is exactly what you applied for) so it could have been used by an adult - Hibs have no way of knowing that you didn't leave your kid at home and take your mate instead.

millarco
30-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Just because the client reference used was a kids doesn't have to mean that the ticket was for a kid. The club could not know that. I agree, it's annoying, but there ain't much can be done now. You applied for adult tickets, that's what you got.

I would see it as applying through the client reference. If you didn't have an appropriate client reference (in this case a club membership) then you wouldn't get a ticket. I would assume (perhaps incorrectly) that you couldn't use someone else's client reference for your purchase, hence having to get the individual members to sign the form. I applied for North Stand tickets, I didn't get them.

The woman at the ticket office seemed to agree, just hope they get round to sorting the refund.

hibbysam
30-05-2012, 06:38 PM
No, they hand out child tickets so that they know that only a kid can use the ticket. You had an adult ticket (which is exactly what you applied for) so it could have been used by an adult - Hibs have no way of knowing that you didn't leave your kid at home and take your mate instead.

No exactly what I applied for was a 'north stand adult ticket' not an east stand adult ticket.. When they knew there was an overload in the north the persons should have been contacted individually and notified.. Or at least not tell people they will get full refunds on child's tickets when that clearly isn't the case

Beefster
30-05-2012, 06:52 PM
No exactly what I applied for was a 'north stand adult ticket' not an east stand adult ticket.. When they knew there was an overload in the north the persons should have been contacted individually and notified.. Or at least not tell people they will get full refunds on child's tickets when that clearly isn't the case

You wanted to take a kid but didn't really want to sit in the East, where there were kids tickets available. You applied for an adult ticket in the North for your kid instead. Unfortunately, the North was sold out by the time you applied. You wanted Hibs to contact every applicant (of which there would have been thousands) to ask "see those adult tickets you applied for, were any actually for a kid"? Sounds reasonable and would have, in no way, cost Hibs any time/money or prolonged the ticketing process.

hibbysam
30-05-2012, 06:57 PM
You wanted to take a kid but didn't really want to sit in the East, where there were kids tickets available. You applied for an adult ticket in the North for your kid instead. Unfortunately, the North was sold out by the time you applied. You wanted Hibs to contact every applicant (of which there would have been thousands) to ask "see those adult tickets you applied for, were any actually for a kid"? Sounds reasonable and would have, in no way, cost Hibs any time/money or prolonged the ticketing process.

There wouldn't have been thousands if hibs had stopped people applying for tickets that were sold out.. We wanted to sit in the north.. Sold out.. So moved into the east.. Ok not a problem.. But then why shouldnt I get the chance to buy a child ticket because the club allowed me to pay for sold out north stand..?

hibbysam
30-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Oh and yeah why we're the ticket office telling us that we would be able to get money back for children then at the time? And why has it taken them over a month to get cheques ready? It should be cash in hand like I paid.. Not have to wait a week on cheques clearing because half of next week is a bank holiday as well.

marinello59
30-05-2012, 07:13 PM
There wouldn't have been thousands if hibs had stopped people applying for tickets that were sold out.. We wanted to sit in the north.. Sold out.. So moved into the east.. Ok not a problem.. But then why shouldnt I get the chance to buy a child ticket because the club allowed me to pay for sold out north stand..?

Do you think that is reasonable given the timesacales involved? You didn't ask for kids tickets initially, you asked for adult tickets. Why didn't you contact the club as soon as you got your tickets instead of using them if you feel so strongly about it?

millarco
30-05-2012, 07:13 PM

When you allocated the ticket on the database it would tell you who was u16. I'm not that fussed about not being contacted at the time (always knew there was a good chance of not getting the North, and have a lot of sympathy for the ticket office staff that had to deal with the madness), but still think we would be entitled to the difference between a child and adult ticket.

marinello59
30-05-2012, 07:16 PM
When you allocated the ticket on the database it would tell you who was u16. I'm not that fussed about not being contacted at the time (always knew there was a good chance of not getting the North, and have a lot of sympathy for the ticket office staff that had to deal with the madness), but still think we would be entitled to the difference between a child and adult ticket.

It would tell you that the holder of the client reference number was under 16. It wouldn't tell you that the person who was actually going to use the ticket was under 16.

millarco
30-05-2012, 07:22 PM
It would tell you that the holder of the client reference number was under 16. It wouldn't tell you that the person who was actually going to use the ticket was under 16.

If I had ordered a child's ticket for the East would Hibs have done any other checks to make sure the person going to the game was under 16? It's a risk Hibs can't avoid, they can only sell a valid ticket and leave it to the turnstyle operator to catch anyone who was at it.

marinello59
30-05-2012, 07:26 PM
If I had ordered a child's ticket for the East would Hibs have done any other checks to make sure the person going to the game was under 16? It's a risk Hibs can't avoid, they can only sell a valid ticket and leave it to the turnstyle operator to catch anyone who was at it.

I agree.
I don't see what it has to do with any entitlement to a refund in your case though. :greengrin

hibbysam
30-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Do you think that is reasonable given the timesacales involved? You didn't ask for kids tickets initially, you asked for adult tickets. Why didn't you contact the club as soon as you got your tickets instead of using them if you feel so strongly about it?

I like a few others spoke to them the day we picked tickets up.. If hibs were that concerned about timescale they should have worked out a lot quicker that the stand was sold out to save a lot of crap like this for months afterwards.. I'd have sat wherever and for whatever price dont get me wrong.. But after being told I was to move and that I was to get a refund I'd have thought they would have taken into consideration the fact that i would like to change the ticket to a child's ticket.. They did say on the day that I would get the difference back

millarco
30-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I agree.
I don't see what it has to do with any entitlement to a refund in your case though. :greengrin

:greengrin My point is Hibs were selling tickets to members based on their entitlement on the database. The tickets were being sold directly to members, and so anyone entitled to a concession ticket per the database should be entitled to a refund if they were moved to an East Stand ticket.

gegs70
31-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I applied for tickets with my son in the north to sit with family and friends. Unfortunately we ended in the east our group leader let the ticket iffice know that we had a concession in the group and they privided a childs ticket and said the appropriate refund would be sent out...fingers crossed. But how long does it take to refund these seems like they are dragging their heals a bit. If hibbysam informed them at the time of pick their was a child in the group and they gave him a childs ticket then he should get the appropriate refund....

hibbysam
31-05-2012, 04:16 PM
I applied for tickets with my son in the north to sit with family and friends. Unfortunately we ended in the east our group leader let the ticket iffice know that we had a concession in the group and they privided a childs ticket and said the appropriate refund would be sent out...fingers crossed. But how long does it take to refund these seems like they are dragging their heals a bit. If hibbysam informed them at the time of pick their was a child in the group and they gave him a childs ticket then he should get the appropriate refund....

I did notify them the day of picking them up but the message they gave me was that no tickets could be changed that day and I was stuck with the 5 adult tickets but they did say I would be able to claim back the appropriate money.. Now the message is that whatever I applied for is what I got..

alnewhaven
02-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Well I received cheques this morning, but for more than I expected, plus gegs70 got refund direct which I think is duplicated in mine. More communication with club next week

One Day
02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=alnewhaven;3252612]Well I received cheques this morning, but for more than I expected, plus gegs70 got refund direct which I think is duplicated in mine. More communication with club next week[/QUOT

My cheque arrived this morning too

gegs70
02-06-2012, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=alnewhaven;3252612]Well I received cheques this morning, but for more than I expected, plus gegs70 got refund direct which I think is duplicated in mine. More communication with club next week[/QUOT

My cheque arrived this morning too

Was it correct kevin??!

One Day
02-06-2012, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=kevin;3252664]

Was it correct kevin??!

Yes it was :agree:

Kris1875
03-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Got my Gregory peck on Friday morning signed by the tache himself I'm thinking of framing it !!