PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Aid

down-the-slope
27-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Watching it having recorded..I really enjoy this...shame its only Bi-Annual..

Looking at crowd its got pull.. loved the tackle by en Sheppard on Ramsay :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
27-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah. Took him right out.

Olly Murs and those DFS boys are quite useful.

down-the-slope
27-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Jap Staam / Hernan Crespo CH pairing :greengrin

By the way how good is Seedorf..he is the one player who could do a modern day Sauzee for Hibs.....

down-the-slope
27-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah. Took him right out.

Olly Murs and those DFS boys are quite useful.

:agree: they look like they are living the dream...certainly got the girls supporting....

marinello59
27-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Jap Staam / Hernan Crespo CH pairing :greengrin

By the way how good is Seedorf..he is the one player who could do a modern day Sauzee for Hibs.....

Seedorf was the one player on that pitch that made up for the constant mugshots of Blobby Williams. Quality.

down-the-slope
27-05-2012, 10:44 PM
:greengrin Teddy has just blootered Ramsay....quality

lucky
27-05-2012, 10:46 PM
The ex pros in the England time have no sence of sportsmanship. Sherringham, le Saux and Philips shooting on sight. Seedorf and Lumberg always passing to the celebs rather than score themselves. No class. I actually wanted them to get beat. But I did text my fiver

Wotherspiniesta
27-05-2012, 10:47 PM

Was laughing at the time.

Not good seeing him go off on a stretcher getting oxygen though. Hope he's alright.

Wotherspiniesta
27-05-2012, 10:48 PM
The ex pros in the England time have no sence of sportsmanship. Sherringham, le Saux and Philips shooting on sight. Seedorf and Lumberg always passing to the celebs rather than score themselves. No class. I actually wanted them to get beat. But I did text my fiver

:agree:

Seedorf could have had a hat trick if he wanted to.

down-the-slope
27-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Was laughing at the time.

Not good seeing him go off on a stretcher getting oxygen though. Hope he's alright.
You are stretchin it now ... just going off in my recording.....better actor than chef

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-05-2012, 10:57 PM
What a goal from that Kasabian fella though.

sesoim
28-05-2012, 12:14 AM

I don't like Ramsay, but that was really quite nasty from Sheringham, especially in a charity match. I would have sent him off for that, regardless of what kind of game it is. But given who the referee was, I'm not surprised he just ignored it.

Matty_Jack04
28-05-2012, 04:58 AM
The team England always seem to take this more seriously,even the celebs they pick have played at some level yet the ROW have people like mike Myers woody Harleson ed norton who either don't play or have only recently started.

I feel they got lucky keane went off injured him and big jaap stam weren't taking prisoners

Barney McGrew
28-05-2012, 06:29 AM
What a goal from that Kasabian fella though.

As good a finish as there was at Old Trafford all season :agree:

BTW, Mark Owen has now spent more time on the pitch at Old Trafford this season than Michael Owen :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2012, 06:40 AM

Agreed .... ROW playing in the spirit of the game, but Engerlund not.

Ramsay can dish it out, but he can take it too ... shocker from Sheringham who should know better.

LancashireHibby
28-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Cracking finish from that Jonathan Wilkes fella :agree:

lyonhibs
28-05-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't like Ramsay, but that was really quite nasty from Sheringham, especially in a charity match. I would have sent him off for that, regardless of what kind of game it is. But given who the referee was, I'm not surprised he just ignored it.

:agree::agree:

I have long suspected that Teddy Sheringham was a nasty, up-himself prick, and last night just confirmed it. What a twat.

Leishy1995
28-05-2012, 09:48 AM

I have long suspected that Teddy Sheringham was a nasty, up-himself prick, and last night just confirmed it. What a twat.

Felt sorry for Gordan, he's getting stretchered off and Robbie Williams is just making the crowd scream. Bad sportsmanship.

Stevie Reid
28-05-2012, 10:04 AM

Felt sorry for Gordan, he's getting stretchered off and Robbie Williams is just making the crowd scream. Bad sportsmanship.

I'm sure the atmosphere amongst the players and commentators wouldn't have been so jovial and dismissive had it been the other way around and Ramsay had completely taken out Sheringham, leafing to him being stretchered off and taken to hospital.

Paddy McGuinness acted like a wee lassie as well.

DaveF
28-05-2012, 10:08 AM

I'm sure the atmosphere amongst the players and commentators wouldn't have been so jovial and dismissive had it been the other way around and Ramsay had completely taken out Sheringham, leafing to him being stretchered off and taken to hospital.

Paddy McGuinness acted like a wee lassie as well.

I caught a wee bit of this, saw the phone number was 1966 and turned off again.

easty
28-05-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm nae fan of Gordon Ramsey but there was nae need for a tackle like that from Sheringham. If it had come from one of the celebs then you could maybe have called it accidental, it wasn't though, Sheringham took him out.

Ramsey should bide his time, make like he isn't bothered then next year give him the Roy Keane on Alf Inge Haaland treatment.

GordonHFC
28-05-2012, 10:13 AM
:Paddy McGuinness acted like a wee lassie as well.

One of the unfunniest people on TV. Who ever said this guy was talented ?

Stevie Reid
28-05-2012, 10:16 AM
One of the unfunniest people on TV. Who ever said this guy was talented ?

His whole life has been defined by the fact that he was in the same class as Peter Kaye at school.

GordonHFC
28-05-2012, 10:20 AM
His whole life has been defined by the fact that he was in the same class as Peter Kaye at school.

Same with knobend Wilkes. RW's bestest buddy.

Posh Swanny
28-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Ramsey was on the receiving end of several shocking challenges last night. Was there some beef after last time? is Ramsey really as big an arse as his TV persona would have everyone believe? Or does the whole celebrity media persona charade even manage to fool other celebrities? An alternative theory I suppose is that it was all pre-planned to make it look like a serious game? Whatever the reason, it all seemed a bit strange to me.

Oh, and that Johnny Wilkes would have got in the Hibs midfield last season, with Pizzorno on the bench.

Pretty Boy
28-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Ramsey was on the receiving end of several shocking challenges last night. Was there some beef after last time? is Ramsey really as big an arse as his TV persona would have everyone believe? Or does the whole celebrity media persona charade even manage to fool other celebrities? An alternative theory I suppose is that it was all pre-planned to make it look like a serious game? Whatever the reason, it all seemed a bit strange to me.

Oh, and that Johnny Wilkes would have got in the Hibs midfield last season, with Pizzorno on the bench.

It was all very strange.

Ramsay took a few challenges that might well have seen players sent off had it been a competitive game.

Unless it was Craig Thomson refereeing and Ian Black making the challenges i suppose.

sadtom
28-05-2012, 10:47 AM

They just cant help themselves, can they. Is it arrogance? Or is it done deliberately to wind the other home nations up? Or are they just oblivious to the rest of the U.K?
Whatever the case if they must continue to display their little englander attitude then they collect their donations from their 'target audiance' and make do without mine.
As for ramsay/sheringham? I wish they had taken each other out. Both a pair of prize dicks IMHO.

Posh Swanny
28-05-2012, 11:38 AM
They just cant help themselves, can they. Is it arrogance? Or is it done deliberately to wind the other home nations up? Or are they just oblivious to the rest of the U.K?

They're oblivious that the rest of the UK cares so much about it.

Gatecrasher
28-05-2012, 11:41 AM

:tee hee: they just cant help themselves

I didnt watch any of it, i'm not a fan of these charity games. If thats your thing then great :aok:

lyonhibs
28-05-2012, 11:50 AM
They're oblivious that the rest of the UK cares so much about it.

Who cares?? I mean honestly, it's a number that you text to donate £5 to Unicef, a more than worthy cause, and folk are getting their knickers in a twist because it contained the digits "1966".

They probably did it to make it easily memorable to the majoirty of the UK (thus the majority of possible contributors) and the majority of the UK = England.

If the game was being played in Scotland, I'm sure the number would have contained "1967", the year we became World Champions anyway :greengrin

Jay
28-05-2012, 11:53 AM

I'm as petty as you. I watched the whole thing and really enjoyed it but now way was I phoning that number. Makes me wonder how much money they lost out on due to it.

Gus
28-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Probably not alot tbh as your tighter than 2 coats of paint :wink:

Love the way it turns against England. You reckon if the proclaimers organised something like this it would have the same GLOBAL appeal? Nae danger

It was very a very worthy cause and I say fair play to ALL involved.

iwasthere1972
28-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Watching it having recorded..I really enjoy this...shame its only Bi-Annual..

Looking at crowd its got pull.. loved the tackle by en Sheppard on Ramsay :greengrin

Didn't see it last night but the funniest attempt at a tackle I have seen is the one that Boris the Mayor tried a few years back.

LancashireHibby
28-05-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm as petty as you. I watched the whole thing and really enjoyed it but now way was I phoning that number. Makes me wonder how much money they lost out on due to it.
Does that mean the alternative would be 'Team GB' versus the Rest of the World? The fact that they bill it as England vs ROW is that they are fully aware that then means the Scottish/Irish/Welsh can be roped in by a few pantomime villains, Anyone But England and all that.

Gettin' Auld
28-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Didn't see it last night but the funniest attempt at a tackle I have seen is the one that Boris the Mayor tried a few years back.

This Yin? :tee hee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOivzoRc0I8

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-05-2012, 03:39 PM

Exactly, rather than join in on the fun it's just another "must win" for mingerland :rolleyes:

I really really hate Robbie Williams :bitchy:

It's a wonder they never had that repulsive Fat Les doing the conga after it :embarrass

A tenner from me on it's way though :aok:

LancashireHibby
28-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Only Dalglish could have Van Der Sar, Ljungberg, Seedorf, Crespo and Stam in his team and lose to JLS and Take That.

Jay
28-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Does that mean the alternative would be 'Team GB' versus the Rest of the World? The fact that they bill it as England vs ROW is that they are fully aware that then means the Scottish/Irish/Welsh can be roped in by a few pantomime villains, Anyone But England and all that.

No - I am not anti english in any way but I am sick of hearing about 1966. I watched it last nght and wasnt fussed who won. All they need to do is change the phone number. I didnt phone last night but I will make a donation to unicef because of the game.

iwasthere1972
28-05-2012, 05:01 PM

That's the one.

PeterboroHibee
28-05-2012, 05:10 PM

The English players were a bit of a disgrace, it was a friendly game after all. Philips was determined to score for some reason (the total opposite of Seedorf who understood it was a kick about with celebs) and Sheringhams 'challenge' on Ramsey was a bit of a shocker, the guy had to go off on a stretcher ffs.

DAVE1875
28-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Found it funny as hell when Jaap Stam introduced himself to Olly Murs

SteveHFC
28-05-2012, 06:04 PM
What was the score?

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Whatever the case if they must continue to display their little englander attitude then they collect their donations from their 'target audiance' and make do without mine.
As for ramsay/sheringham? I wish they had taken each other out. Both a pair of prize dicks IMHO.

Get a grip FFS, you must get tired carrying that chip around with you! ****** typical how someone on here can make a charity game into a case against England, you're pathetic.

The Modfather
28-05-2012, 07:08 PM

He got the ball :greengrin

jamieross
28-05-2012, 07:19 PM
The English players were a bit of a disgrace, it was a friendly game after all. Philips was determined to score for some reason (the total opposite of Seedorf who understood it was a kick about with celebs) and Sheringhams 'challenge' on Ramsey was a bit of a shocker, the guy had to go off on a stretcher ffs.

It was ljungberg that annoyed me, its meant to be a bit of a laugh etc but he seemed determined not to pass to non pro/ex-pro players.

sadtom
28-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Get a grip FFS, you must get tired carrying that chip around with you! ****** typical how someone on here can make a charity game into a case against England, you're pathetic.

You seem to have got yourself more in a lather about me pointing it out than i did about the phone number.
You are not a complete idiot so you should be aware that this is symptematic of a general dismissal of the Scots, Welsh and Irish by the mainstrem british media.
I have no 'chip on my shoulder', nor am i a nationalist. In fact quite the opposite i'm very much an internationalist. Moreso i'm anti imperialist and its this sort of dismissive (extremely minor though it may be) that reflects the prevailing attitude that i guess has been bourne out of imperialism, which equates Engalnd as Britain. I'm sick and tired of it. We are treated as an after thought,(if thought of at all) as my initial post states.
Purely as a fitba fan, england are our derby rivals which is an pretty big deal in fitba circles in case you hadnt noticed, so yes it does get on my thrupennies when 1966 is constantly dredged up, though i manage to live with it, i dont see it as a hanging offence you understand!
But then again, england see germany as their derby rivals nowadays, those little Scots are just the 'wee team' (i wonder what R-soles spout that sort of keech!?) and irrelevant.
So it is annoying when a National (cough cough) broadcaster is so dismissive of more than 10% of the population.
If they consistantly treat us as invisable then they can have my invisable donation.

To be honest i think you have got the cart in front of the horse. I didnt turn a charity match into something 'anti' english. The broadcaster chose to turn the charity match into something PRO english. - Or do you just not get that?
As for me being 'pathetic'! Can i point out we all spend time posting on a football message board!!! So best be carefull where those verbal rocks are hurled, as it may start to get rather draughty down '1 Scouse Road'. :wink:

Green Man
28-05-2012, 09:02 PM
It was ljungberg that annoyed me, its meant to be a bit of a laugh etc but he seemed determined not to pass to non pro/ex-pro players.

The same Ljungberg that set up Serge Pizzorno for his goal?

Danderhall Hibs
28-05-2012, 09:14 PM
I saw the presentation and the celebrations at the end - you're not telling me that this was a charity match? It was much more than that!

I've been watching SSN all night waiting for the coverage of the open top bus parade.

On another note it was good too see Jonathon Wilkes on TV again - it's been too long for such a talented individual.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2012, 09:17 PM
You seem to have got yourself more in a lather about me pointing it out than i did about the phone number.
You are not a complete idiot so you should be aware that this is symptematic of a general dismissal of the Scots, Welsh and Irish by the mainstrem british media.
I have no 'chip on my shoulder', nor am i a nationalist. In fact quite the opposite i'm very much an internationalist. Moreso i'm anti imperialist and its this sort of dismissive (extremely minor though it may be) that reflects the prevailing attitude that i guess has been bourne out of imperialism, which equates Engalnd as Britain. I'm sick and tired of it. We are treated as an after thought,(if thought of at all) as my initial post states.
Purely as a fitba fan, england are our derby rivals which is an pretty big deal in fitba circles in case you hadnt noticed, so yes it does get on my thrupennies when 1966 is constantly dredged up, though i manage to live with it, i dont see it as a hanging offence you understand!
But then again, england see germany as their derby rivals nowadays, those little Scots are just the 'wee team' (i wonder what R-soles spout that sort of keech!?) and irrelevant.
So it is annoying when a National (cough cough) broadcaster is so dismissive of more than 10% of the population.
If they consistantly treat us as invisable then they can have my invisable donation.

To be honest i think you have got the cart in front of the horse. I didnt turn a charity match into something 'anti' english. The broadcaster chose to turn the charity match into something PRO english. - Or do you just not get that?
As for me being 'pathetic'! Can i point out we all spend time posting on a football message board!!! So best be carefull where those verbal rocks are hurled, as it may start to get rather draughty down '1 Scouse Road'. :wink:

Oh dear, oh dear, you nearly had me convinced then you came up with that gem! Only those with a certain type of tinted glasses could ever make that comment.

jamieross
28-05-2012, 09:27 PM
The same Ljungberg that set up Serge Pizzorno for his goal?

Yeah same guy believe it or not, i said he seemed determined not to, not that he never ;)

And What a goal it was!

down-the-slope
28-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Only Dalglish could have Van Der Sar, Ljungberg, Seedorf, Crespo and Stam in his team and lose to JLS and Take That.

Aye but being a Class tactician he had Crespo at CH....:faf:

easty
28-05-2012, 10:35 PM

I dont think thats even nearly true. I remember Ljungberg passing to Calzaghe loads. Down the left all the time. He played quite a few through balls to Serge as well.

DAVE1875
29-05-2012, 12:01 AM
I saw the presentation and the celebrations at the end - you're not telling me that this was a charity match? It was much more than that!

I've been watching SSN all night waiting for the coverage of the open top bus parade.

On another note it was good too see Jonathon Wilkes on TV again - it's been too long for such a talented individual.

Missed the presentation, did John Terry join in?

sadtom
29-05-2012, 02:25 AM
Oh dear, oh dear, you nearly had me convinced then you came up with that gem! Only those with a certain type of tinted glasses could ever make that comment.

Gem? Are you suggesting that the choice of that number was random? By chance? That it is not a reference to english footballs finest hour?
I'm fine about the english celebrating and enjoying their win. I get sick and tired hearing about it, you may have noticed, but they mention it on the odd occasion!!!
I'm not offended by it, i am not in the least bit anti english but in football terms it just makes me groan. Its our international derby rival blowing their own trumpet in my company, for the zillionth time, for no other reason than they can, its not appropriate or related and i find it dull and tiresome.
So if we accept that it is deliberate, why would anyone feel the need to use that number for a charity event that should be trying to be inclusive not exclusive. What is the purpose of that? Ask yourself if you were trying to raise funds at a charity football event in Embra would you think it a good idea to give a number that included 1875 0762?
I didn't need some mystical tartan tinted specs to notice the connection and 'make that comment' - Maybe 'pro english' was a overstatement but it cant be denied its specifially a reference to english achievement.
So it brings me back to my original point, is it 'deliberate' fitba 'banter'? Or is it because they dont even realise/dont care, are we beyond even being an afterthought?

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Gem? Are you suggesting that the choice of that number was random? By chance? That it is not a reference to english footballs finest hour?
I'm fine about the english celebrating and enjoying their win. I get sick and tired hearing about it, you may have noticed, but they mention it on the odd occasion!!!
I'm not offended by it, i am not in the least bit anti english but in football terms it just makes me groan. Its our international derby rival blowing their own trumpet in my company, for the zillionth time, for no other reason than they can, its not appropriate or related and i find it dull and tiresome.
So if we accept that it is deliberate, why would anyone feel the need to use that number for a charity event that should be trying to be inclusive not exclusive. What is the purpose of that? Ask yourself if you were trying to raise funds at a charity football event in Embra would you think it a good idea to give a number that included 1875 0762?
I didn't need some mystical tartan tinted specs to notice the connection and 'make that comment' - Maybe 'pro english' was a overstatement but it cant be denied its specifially a reference to english achievement.
So it brings me back to my original point, is it 'deliberate' fitba 'banter'? Or is it because they dont even realise/dont care, are we beyond even being an afterthought?

Yet I never even noticed the significance of the number having watched the entire programme! Only when I came on here and found you and others like you wearing as you aptly describe "tartan tinted specs" did I become aware of the 1966 telephone number! Says it all really along with your "are we" comment oh dear, keep digging!

Pretty Boy
29-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I always laugh at the way some of my fellow Scots get so worked up about 1966.

They probably all went out and bought that cringeworthy range of merchandise with 67 plastered all over it.

England won the World Cup, they like to go on about it. So what, deal with it. Ok maybe having it as a number for a charity game is a bit off but it certainly wouldn't, and didn't, stop me donating to a worthy cause.

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 09:02 AM
I always laugh at the way some of my fellow Scots get so worked up about 1966.

They probably all went out and bought that cringeworthy range of merchandise with 67 plastered all over it.

England won the World Cup, they like to go on about it. So what, deal with it. Ok maybe having it as a number for a charity game is a bit off but it certainly wouldn't, and didn't, stop me donating to a worthy cause.

:aok: Good on you. Nice to see you don't suffer from little Englander syndrome or feel surpressed by the English tyranny that is so clearly the hidden agenda in the broadcasting of a game that benefits UNICEF :rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-05-2012, 09:04 AM
They were also trying to "big" themselves up for the Euros of course, when you are on the outside looking in it becomes irritating that they seem totally oblivious to the fact that they won't win it, It was for a very good cause and has made a lot of money for the charity but for me it is seen as a victory for them, not the cause.

sadtom
29-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Yet I never even noticed the significance of the number having watched the entire programme! Only when I came on here and found you and others like you wearing as you aptly describe "tartan tinted specs" did I become aware of the 1966 telephone number! Says it all really along with your "are we" comment oh dear, keep digging!

Are you just reading what you want to read? I said i didn't need tartan tinted specs to notice it. You said you never noticed it so i'm guessing you're not a detective.
You haven't addressed any of the points i made and what exactly is the supposed issue with my 'are we' comment?
You seem to be adopting a child like approach of insisting you are
correct 'just because'.
I reitterate. Its not a hanging offence. Nor do i lose sleep over it. Tough i'd be lying if i said it didn't induce a roll of the eyes, a shake of the head and a groan of disbelief at the way 1966 is shoehorned into just about any situation, no matter how innapropriate or tenuous the link.

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 09:09 AM
They were also trying to "big" themselves up for the Euros of course, when you are on the outside looking in it becomes irritating that they seem totally oblivious to the fact that they won't win it, It was for a very good cause and has made a lot of money for the charity but for me it is seen as a victory for them, not the cause.

Brilliant!

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Are you just reading what you want to read? I said i didn't need tartan tinted specs to notice it. You said you never noticed it so i'm guessing you're not a detective.
You haven't addressed any of the points i made and what exactly is the supposed issue with my 'are we' comment?
You seem to be adopting a child like approach of insisting you are
correct 'just because'.
I reitterate. Its not a hanging offence. Nor do i lose sleep over it. Tough i'd be lying if i said it didn't induce a roll of the eyes, a shake of the head and a groan of disbelief at the way 1966 is shoehorned into just about any situation, no matter how innapropriate or tenuous the link.

Well from your first post that I read, you have said absolutely nothing that changes my opinion as quoted in my initial reply!

sadtom
29-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Well from your first post that I read, you have said absolutely nothing that changes my opinion as quoted in my initial reply!

Jesus! I gie up.

TrickyNicky
29-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Jesus! I gie up.

Good idea sadtom, they English just don't understand our pettiness.:wink:

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Good idea sadtom, they English just don't understand our pettiness.:wink:

:greengrin