PDA

View Full Version : 2012/13 Kits (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

Kojock
08-06-2012, 12:21 PM
White is not a flattering colour for gentlemen with a fuller figure. :agree:

Ultrabee1-0
08-06-2012, 12:22 PM
love this away top go really well with my new green&white scarf!
for the guy on this earlier in the week saying as long as it goes with jeans then your answer YES!!

hibIBZ
08-06-2012, 12:44 PM
not to keen tbh mainly because our only fixture we really need an away kit is against celtic and this kit prob wont be suitable, may as well wear a home kit with green shorts to play them

DAVE1875
08-06-2012, 12:54 PM
not to keen tbh mainly because our only fixture we really need an away kit is against celtic and this kit prob wont be suitable, may as well wear a home kit with green shorts to play them

We've played against the likes of Motherwell, Aberdeen & ICT in white strips in the past

easty
08-06-2012, 01:37 PM
If the home kit is the same but in the green of the away shorts then I will be very happy.

CraigHibee
08-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Am I reading this right?

The 2 for 1 deal is only available if you buy the away top TODAY?!

im sure the voucher said up until july? will check it when i get home

Baldy Foghorn
08-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Like it, very smart IMO

When are we going to ditch Puma, and go with Armani? Petrie:grr:

DAVE1875
08-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Someone on the Pie & Bovril mentioned that we'll be ditching the white sleeves this year. Sorry but NO! The white sleeves are part of who we are and distinguishes us.

one day maybe...
08-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Do the club make it available without the sponsors logo on it?

Just noticed they do it without the logo for kids, personally I think it looks smarter without the sponsor on it, hope they can do it for adults.

The Sea-gull
08-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Quite like the new away top. A bit boring maybe but I like plain, classic understated clothing and strips. that way they never go out of fashion! Hope the home top is a dark green just for something a bit different.

Does anyone think there will be a third strip?

There has been most seasons though they do tend to do a low key launch of the third kit once the season is under way. Assumming this is to maximise sales of the home and away and then boost the coffers in time for Xmas.

I'd guess there will be a third given our top is white and they'll make us change v Celtic though maybe if the home is dark green no change required.

I wonder if they will do a full on third strip like they did with the "sunshine kit" and the "thistle kit" or just rehash one of last seasons kits.

BTW, those moaning about Hibs having a blue or red away top. We have had goalie tops in these colours before and I don't remember anyone saying much about that.

08-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Looks a bit like a training top but I quite like it !

S.sct
08-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Picked one up for the wee boy today as part of the 2 for 1 ST deal. Like it and hope we are moving to the same shade of green on the trims for the home kit.

Spike Mandela
08-06-2012, 03:06 PM
9 pages on a boring old white top:confused:

Much ado about nothing it would seem and a case of the Emperor's new clothes.:greengrin

Yuillsy
08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Boring, unimaginative pish. The only saving grace will be if the home top has a darker green, more akin to our roots. The sooner we ditch Puma the better. Bring back LCS.

Oh aye, the fishy site advert stated it would be dynamic......thesauras time for the plonker that used that phrase.

Agree with the idea of bringing back LCS. They produced some really smart tops ( a couple of shockers too though) and training gear.
I've not been a fan of the puma stuff so far but i have to say i love this!

WhileTheChief..
08-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Stunning!!! Best strip we've had in years.

Like others, I hope the darker green is a hint to the new home colours too. :thumbsup:

zosohibee
08-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

I'd like to remind them that as a trusted public figure i can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in thier underground sugar caves

Yuillsy
08-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know if it's the same skintight material the last few strips have been made of?

HibeesLA
08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Do the club make it available without the sponsors logo on it?

Just noticed they do it without the logo for kids, personally I think it looks smarter without the sponsor on it, hope they can do it for adults.

Very much doubt it. That will be part of the sponsorship package, and what they are paying there money for, to have as many eyeballs on the product as possible, including when it's worn about town.

Personally I like it. The last "change top" I bought was the white one, and that's needing replaced, so a new white top comes in handy for games.

Only question I have is if the sizing is the same. Puma sizes I tend to find run small, so while the Large is listed as the correct chest size, I find the top from 2 years ago to be a little too snug for my liking. Given that I have to have it shipped to the US, it's not an option to go in and try it on, or to have them ship 2 and then return the one that doesn't fit.

If anyone has their hands on it, would be interested to know if they feel the large really is a 42" chest.

Kris1875
08-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know if it's the same skintight material the last few strips have been made of?

Bought the missus and the bairn one today and they don't seem to be mate .

Bristolhibby
08-06-2012, 05:42 PM

This is very important to me also.

Can anyone put this top, back to back with last seasons home top?

That would give me an idea.

I could buy it online, but I am up in Edina in a few weeks time for a wedding.

J

Renfrew_Hibby
08-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I notice that Crabbies is now the shorts sponsor so does that mean we no longer have Crabbies on the back of the shirt?

Malonga's Cat
08-06-2012, 05:52 PM
I like the new top, picked mine up today. I would say it seems a lot nicer once you have it on than it looks in the picture.

Only question I have is if the sizing is the same. Puma sizes I tend to find run small, so while the Large is listed as the correct chest size, I find the top from 2 years ago to be a little too snug for my liking....

If anyone has their hands on it, would be interested to know if they feel the large really is a 42" chest.

It's the same sizing mate, the large is not too forgiving on a 42 chest, if you like a bit of room then maybe go up a size.

I notice that Crabbies is now the shorts sponsor so does that mean we no longer have Crabbies on the back of the shirt?

Crabbies still on the back...

HibeesLA
08-06-2012, 06:23 PM
I like the new top, picked mine up today. I would say it seems a lot nicer once you have it on than it looks in the picture.

It's the same sizing mate, the large is not too forgiving on a 42 chest, if you like a bit of room then maybe go up a size.

Crabbies still on the back...

Thanks mate, appreciate the sizing info.

Gatecrasher
08-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Picked up 2 earlier. it looks minted imo :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I really like it. There's a danger a white strip can be bland, but I think they've done a really good job. It looks the business, and I shall be getting one shortly.

speedy_gonzales
08-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Picked up 2 earlier. it looks minted imo :thumbsup:

Surely that was a couple of seasons back,,,,no? (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/58/e4/0,,10290~8774744,00.jpg)

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Was down the shop this avo. Looks pretty crap, pretty basic and cheap!!!

iwasthere1972
08-06-2012, 06:46 PM

What did you think of the top?

matty_f
08-06-2012, 06:49 PM

I saw it and thought it looked good. Definitely looked better than the Yams one that some folk seemed to like. I thought the Hibs one looked like a fine wine compared to the Yams' Buckfast.

Basic and cheap didn't even come into it.

Gatecrasher
08-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Surely that was a couple of seasons back,,,,no? (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/58/e4/0,,10290~8774744,00.jpg)
im sure i said the same thing back then as well :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2012, 07:11 PM
I saw it and thought it looked good. Definitely looked better than the Yams one that some folk seemed to like. I thought the Hibs one looked like a fine wine compared to the Yams' Buckfast.

Basic and cheap didn't even come into it.

Looks cracking on the site. I haven't seen it close up yet, but at first glance I'm happy with it.

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Looks cracking on the site. I haven't seen it close up yet, but at first glance I'm happy with it.

Apparently it's very brilliant white. One dribble from a pie and you're knackered! Lol

Yuillsy
08-06-2012, 07:32 PM

Cheers mate!

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Apparently it's very brilliant white. One dribble from a pie and you're knackered! Lol

Aye, bring back the black strip :greengrin

DH1875
08-06-2012, 07:39 PM
im sure the voucher said up until july? will check it when i get home

Who's best to contact about a voucher? Mine still hasn't come. Hope your right about July.

Yuillsy
08-06-2012, 08:08 PM

Cheers mate!

Jones28
09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
£43.99 for and adult sized L/S?! I'll wait until the sales ta :wink::aok:

TamHibs
09-06-2012, 10:41 AM
£43.99 for and adult sized L/S?! I'll wait until the sales ta :wink::aok:

That's no different from last season is it not?

MrRobot
09-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Got it yesterday, looks really good IMO.
long sleeve aswell, proper good.

Jones28
09-06-2012, 11:36 AM
That's no different from last season is it not?

Might be, probably why I didn't bother with one last season as well :wink:

£44 just seems a bit pricey to me

LALthehibeeGAL
09-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Who's best to contact about a voucher? Mine still hasn't come. Hope your right about July.

2 for 1 offer is valid until 9 July 2012 - I have voucher here in front of me and got it at the time of buying my ST.

lal:wink:

JohnStephens91
09-06-2012, 03:19 PM
It is made of the skintight material, I picked up a large today and somehow got a medium back :confused: usually they fit me as well but are a bit neat, so I tried it on and it is so tight. It stuck to my body so much my chest hair was coming out the other side of the shirt. Looks like I'll be cycling all those miles there and back on Friday when I'm next off work.

jamieross
09-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Saw it in person through the clubstore window last night. Love the whole kit, the green shorts are proper nice :thumbsup:

ScottB
09-06-2012, 06:10 PM
It is made of the skintight material, I picked up a large today and somehow got a medium back :confused: usually they fit me as well but are a bit neat, so I tried it on and it is so tight. It stuck to my body so much my chest hair was coming out the other side of the shirt. Looks like I'll be cycling all those miles there and back on Friday when I'm next off work.

DefInitely an issue with Puma, the kits seem to stick to you. Tried wearing the 2 seasons ago home top to the gym once, may as well have had a jumper on!

SteveHFC
09-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Got the kit today. The long sleeve is smart ;)

LancashireHibby
09-06-2012, 08:19 PM
DefInitely an issue with Puma, the kits seem to stick to you. Tried wearing the 2 seasons ago home top to the gym once, may as well have had a jumper on!
That one was the worst of the lot in terms of the fitting. Which is odd considering we had the mint strip the same season and that was not one bit 'clingy'.

Will be disappointed if this one is as bad. Have never understood when they make the shirts so tight...I reckon a few of our players would probably agree as well!

RCNG
09-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Sorry if asked elsewhere, but if the 2 for 1 offer is valid once you buy the 'away' kit does this mean if I buy the 'change' kit there will be an away kit released as well that actually validates the offer and this is another money making move from rodders.?!

hibee_nation
10-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Sorry if asked elsewhere, but if the 2 for 1 offer is valid once you buy the 'away' kit does this mean if I buy the 'change' kit there will be an away kit released as well that actually validates the offer and this is another money making move from rodders.?!

Don't understand a word of that but to simplify, you buy the new white away strip you get the new home strip that is released at the end of June for free if you go into the club shop with your receipt for the away shirt plus your 2 for 1 voucher.

SBoyd79
10-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Can anyone post pictures of the their new top? Looks lovely on the website but sometimes seeing it properly gives a better idea

Lungo--Drom
10-06-2012, 10:09 AM
I might be wrong but I think 'change strip' is Modernspeak for 'away strip'. The new away strip is the white one.

Buy the white one and then when the new home strip comes out go back to the clubstore and present your receipt for the away/change strip and the voucher and the friendly Aussies will give you your new home strip.

The voucher says 'away strip' on it BTW so I was slightly confused too by the contradictory use of language. I think Guy you are worried that the white strip is in fact the 'third strip'. From what I have read on .net we don't need a third strip this coming season because our home strip will be a dark green?

If everything I've said above is wrong then I too am confused....

nonshinyfinish
10-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I might be wrong but I think 'change strip' is Modernspeak for 'away strip'. The new away strip is the white one.

Buy the white one and then when the new home strip comes out go back to the clubstore and present your receipt for the away/change strip and the voucher and the friendly Aussies will give you your new home strip.

The voucher says 'away strip' on it BTW so I was slightly confused too by the contradictory use of language. I think Guy you are worried that the white strip is in fact the 'third strip'. From what I have read on .net we don't need a third strip this coming season because our home strip will be a dark green?

Change kit = away kit.

Speedway
12-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I am not a fan of the new away kit simple as that. However I disagree with you about ditching Puma. I think they have produced very decent football shirts for us.

Puma and LCS are both Crap. There are only two kit makers worth their sheckels and that's the heavyweights of Adidas and Umbro.

Even then, Umbro can be questionable.

Change strip is actually old speak. It used to be called a change strip. Away strip is a late 80s-90s term.

LancashireHibby
12-06-2012, 01:48 PM
For those worried about the sizes, mine arrived this morning and the fitting isn't anywhere near as tight as the infamous 2010/11 home shirt. Best fit for me though were the last LCS ones in 09/10, I reckon LCS get a fair amount of undue stick.

Yuillsy
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
For those worried about the sizes, mine arrived this morning and the fitting isn't anywhere near as tight as the infamous 2010/11 home shirt. Best fit for me though were the last LCS ones in 09/10, I reckon LCS get a fair amount of undue stick.

Totally agree about LCS. I've still got loads of the home tops and a couple of away ones and the quality is great. They still get a run out a couple of times a week at Porty Pitz. The 2000/2001 home strip is 1 of my favourite tops ever.

Yuillsy
12-06-2012, 04:18 PM

Totally agree about LCS. I've still got loads of the home tops and a couple of away ones and the quality is great. They still get a run out a couple of times a week at Porty Pitz. The 2000/2001 home strip is 1 of my favourite tops ever.

.Sean.
12-06-2012, 04:27 PM
99% sure our new home kit will be in here somewhere:

http://www.4sportsgroup.com/catalogues/football/2012-2013_PUMA-LO%20RES.pdf

TamHibs
12-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Yep it will be, the first strip actually except in green not blue

SouthMoroccoStu
12-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Yep it will be, the first strip actually except in green not blue

Hope so.

That design with the same dark green in the away top would be sweet as.

Any idea when the shirt is revealed or available for purchase?

Hovehibby
12-06-2012, 05:52 PM
would prefer the 5:12 version Vidic is sporting, in bottle green. Definite NO to the diagonal one (and , of course the hoops)

DrSpaceMonkey
12-06-2012, 06:36 PM
would prefer the 5:12 version Vidic is sporting, in bottle green. Definite NO to the diagonal one (and , of course the hoops)

This 8349

Eyrie
12-06-2012, 06:55 PM
This 8349

No white sleeves? :soapbox:

whereswallace?
12-06-2012, 08:34 PM

got mines today, sleeves are very loose and tight fit across the chest which makes it feel uncomfy to wear. The tight chest design might work if your a sleek Italian but when your a dietry challenged Scottish guy its not the best :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
13-06-2012, 05:45 AM

In this e-page brochure, you can see, in the kit builder section, there is only 3 green tops available for selection?!?

I guessing this doesn't apply to sponsored clubs. But I'm not convinced by the green designs available.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-06-2012, 07:03 AM
Must be out soon.

The voucher for the free shirt runs out on the 9th of July.

Has anyone heard anything about the release date?

Some new players in the shirt would also be nice.

McPake back of his hols early July. Do Hibs have a master plan to restore faith in the hibees

Togs91
13-06-2012, 07:44 AM
It says on the website under the article on the new away strips that they would be reeased at the end of july

IWasThere2016
13-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Must be out soon.

The voucher for the free shirt runs out on the 9th of July.

Has anyone heard anything about the release date?

Some new players in the shirt would also be nice.

McPake back of his hols early July. Do Hibs have a master plan to restore faith in the hibees

It says on the website under the article on the new away strips that they would be reeased at the end of july

Does this mean I can (should) use the voucher for two away strips? Suits me fine but I had been told it was for one away and one home.

bingo70
13-06-2012, 07:51 AM

Just in time to miss loads of peoples summer holidays.

I'm not one for buying strips but a lot of people want them for there holidays so no idea why we're releasing it so late? What have we got to gain from this?

Everything about the club just now seems lethargic and slow, seems like a total lack of urgency from the playing side upwards

hibsforeurope
13-06-2012, 08:01 AM

It says it will be released at the end of June on official sitehttp://http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120608/1213-change-shirt-launched_2262950_2805855 (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120608/1213-change-shirt-launched_2262950_2805855)

Togs91
13-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Sorry, mix up of months! End of june boys, my word is gospel ;)

hibsforeurope
13-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Sorry, mix up of months! End of june boys, my word is gospel ;)

Could we have it before the 27th June please, would like it before I go on my holiday :greengrin:aok:

Barney McGrew
13-06-2012, 09:26 AM

I'm not one for buying strips but a lot of people want them for there holidays so no idea why we're releasing it so late? What have we got to gain from this?

Everything about the club just now seems lethargic and slow, seems like a total lack of urgency from the playing side upwards

Except we're not :wink:

There's nothing like having a rant about nothing, eh? :hilarious

bingo70
13-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Except we're not :wink:

There's nothing like having a rant about nothing, eh? :hilarious

Not as bad as first suggested obviously but I still don't understand why we're wasting this part of the summer.

My point about everything happening slowly still stands as well, signings, New contracts etc, even the billy Brown situation, why don't we know if he's going to be here next year or not yet?

green glory
13-06-2012, 10:00 AM
The away kit isn't one of the designs shown in the catalogue. Although there are mocked up examples kicking around based on the first template/Burnley kit, our home one might be completely different as per the away.

The Powercat 5.12 is too similar to last season's, and the 5.10 is basically the same as the previous season's.

We might get something different from the standard templates.

Stevie Reid
13-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Sorry if already mentioned but I noticed that the Czech Republic and Italy's goalkeeper's jerseys have a panel on them in exactly the same place as the mocked up home strip that was posted up here a few weeks ago.

The Italian one is here: -

http://www.thecustomjersey.com/italy-goalkeeper-jersey-2012-2013-p1420.html

Czech one: -

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article879956.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Petr+Cech+

LancashireHibby
13-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Not as bad as first suggested obviously but I still don't understand why we're wasting this part of the summer.

My point about everything happening slowly still stands as well, signings, New contracts etc, even the billy Brown situation, why don't we know if he's going to be here next year or not yet?
More people are likely to buy the home shirt than the away, so putting the away strip out first means 'holiday types' are more likely to buy that one first, and then will probably end up buying the home one anyway.

Iain G
13-06-2012, 11:23 AM

I doubt we are wasting this past of the summer, am sure you can bet your bottom dollar Pat Fenlon is a busy boy at the moment as he has a lot to do over the summer months to get us ready for the new season! However, the Euro's are on taking up a lot of football's focus and those not involved are genreally on holiday, patience is always a virtue at this point in the footy season :greengrin

.Sean.
13-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Sorry if already mentioned but I noticed that the Czech Republic and Italy's goalkeeper's jerseys have a panel on them in exactly the same place as the mocked up home strip that was posted up here a few weeks ago.

The Italian one is here: -

http://www.thecustomjersey.com/italy-goalkeeper-jersey-2012-2013-p1420.html

Czech one: -

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article879956.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Petr+Cech+

They also have the collar, which our new shirt is rumoured to have.

Still be very dissapointed if the white sleeves are ditched.

Stevie Reid
13-06-2012, 11:40 AM
They also have the collar, which our new shirt is rumoured to have.

Still be very dissapointed if the white sleeves are ditched.

Did the mock-up strip not have white sleeves? I wouldn't be fussed if the new one didn't, I have to say.

IWasThere2016
13-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Does this mean I can (should) use the voucher for two away strips? Suits me fine but I had been told it was for one away and one home.

Anyone help???

MSK
13-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Anyone help???Aye here mate .. http://www.myfootygrounds.co.uk/StadiumDetails.asp?team=Hibernian&StadiumId=233

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
13-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Aye here mate .. http://www.myfootygrounds.co.uk/StadiumDetails.asp?team=Hibernian&StadiumId=233

I need help :greengrin No cheek :gun:

Speedway
13-06-2012, 12:37 PM

I think its time the fan in the street woke up and looked at the release dates for home strips for the last 10 years before booking their holidays if it's that critical to all 7 of them.

EH6 Hibby
13-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Anyone help???

I don't think that's an option, I've got the voucher in front of me and it clearly says buy the away shirt and get the home one free. I assume as long as you have bought the away strip before the voucher expires you will get the home one free when it comes out.

IWasThere2016
13-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't think that's an option, I've got the voucher in front of me and it clearly says buy the away shirt and get the home one free. I assume as long as you have bought the away strip before the voucher expires you will get the home one free when it comes out.

Cheers buddy .. I trust there is no restriction re adult or juniors.

HibbyKeith
13-06-2012, 02:36 PM

Teo10
13-06-2012, 02:40 PM
got mines today, sleeves are very loose and tight fit across the chest which makes it feel uncomfy to wear. The tight chest design might work if your a sleek Italian but when your a dietry challenged Scottish guy its not the best :greengrin

Good to hear! will fit like a glove then!

EH6 Hibby
13-06-2012, 05:10 PM

It doesn't say so I don't think so. If you buy a child's away one I would guess you would have to get a child's home one too though. I hope there's no restrictions as I'm using my voucher to get my sons strip, I didn't get given one for him when I got his season ticket. I'm going tomorrow so if there's any trouble I'll let you know.

Gatecrasher
13-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Anyone help???
I'm sure it's 1 home 1 away

DAVE1875
15-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Wouldn't mind the home kit being like the Burnley away template

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/burnley-12-13-puma-away-football-shirt-f

Kyle A
15-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Wouldn't mind the home kit being like the Burnley away template

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/burnley-12-13-puma-away-football-shirt-f

Kinda like this?

http://kennymacpherson.com/2012/05/29/hibs-kit-20122013-are-these-leaked-images/

DAVE1875
15-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Kinda like this?

http://kennymacpherson.com/2012/05/29/hibs-kit-20122013-are-these-leaked-images/

Name two difference between my picture & your link

Cocaine&Caviar
15-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Kinda like this?

Collar looks a bit rubbish

HH81
15-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Kinda like this?

I reckon that will be the home kit.

DAVE1875
15-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Collar looks a bit rubbish

Agreed, prefer the collar in the Burnley away pics. Also get an idea of what the socks and shorts will look like if we're using that template

Lungo--Drom
17-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Took the long trek to ER yesterday to the Clubstore. Place was buzzing and a steady queue. Everyone was buying the away tops including me and then asking the folk at the counter, "What do we do with the voucher?" The answer was "Bring back the away receipt and the voucher once the home top is out and you'll get your free home top."
Couple of things:
1. I have never really been into white tops but this new one is minted, brilliant collar too.
2. Like many folk have been saying it is a small fit, so I got an XL instead of my usual L and it fitted me as if it was a normal L. Your normal size will not fit you!

JohnStephens91
18-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Took the long trek to ER yesterday to the Clubstore. Place was buzzing and a steady queue. Everyone was buying the away tops including me and then asking the folk at the counter, "What do we do with the voucher?" The answer was "Bring back the away receipt and the voucher once the home top is out and you'll get your free home top."
Couple of things:
1. I have never really been into white tops but this new one is minted, brilliant collar too.
2. Like many folk have been saying it is a small fit, so I got an XL instead of my usual L and it fitted me as if it was a normal L. Your normal size will not fit you!

I can fit a medium or a large, so when I accidentally given a medium despite wanting to purchase a large I thought 'meh, can't be that bad' and to my horror when I put it on my chest hairs were literally coming out the shirt because it was so tight. It was really short too. The staff at the clubstore were more than happy to change it over for a large when I went in though so all is good. The large fits me perfectly too! :aok:

TrickyNicky
18-06-2012, 02:00 AM
I can fit a medium or a large, so when I accidentally given a medium despite wanting to purchase a large I thought 'meh, can't be that bad' and to my horror when I put it on my chest hairs were literally coming out the shirt because it was so tight. It was really short too. The staff at the clubstore were more than happy to change it over for a large when I went in though so all is good. The large fits me perfectly too! :aok:

Couple of things:

Yesssssss, I'm finally gonna be a Medium.:na na:

hibsforeurope
18-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Has anyone heard when the release date for the home top is, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere other than the rather vague end of June staed on club website?

blackpoolhibs
18-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Kinda like this?

I like that, and we could always go back to green if its not popular.

TamHibs
19-06-2012, 05:08 PM
I think with the new training range just revealed that its probably 99% certain that the new home top will be the one doing the rounds with the white bar across the chest

HibbyKeith
19-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I think with the new training range just revealed that its probably 99% certain that the new home top will be the one doing the rounds with the white bar across the chest

I just logged in to post the very same.

JohnStephens91
19-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Has anyone heard when the release date for the home top is, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere other than the rather vague end of June staed on club website?

I was in the Clubstore on the Friday just passed and was told 2 weeks was the rough estimate. So I'd hazard a guess at June 29th for the home shirt release. The guy who served me was not giving away much, I even tried to get him to give me details of the strip but he was keeping hush about it.

TamHibs
19-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I just logged in to post the very same.

I think I might buy the 3 t-shirts for my holibobs in October & December :agree:

HH81
19-06-2012, 06:18 PM
I like the home kit but would like the sleves green.

nribs
20-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Not sure if this has been posted but this is the new Plymouth strip

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/loon828/plymouth.png

Matty_Jack04
20-06-2012, 12:13 PM

How come that doesnt look as good as the one doing the rounds on here?

green glory
20-06-2012, 12:14 PM

Whoa, very smart. Exactly as per the mockup that's been doing the rounds.

After seeing that, I'm not so convinced ours will be the same. After all our away kit isn't one of the standard templates, maybe the home one isn't either.

RickyS
20-06-2012, 12:33 PM

:aok:

Green&White
20-06-2012, 12:46 PM
How come that doesnt look as good as the one doing the rounds on here?

Coz i done it :wink:

R'Albin
20-06-2012, 03:37 PM
I reckon we will get the Italy one in green :agree:

Billychaotic182
20-06-2012, 04:51 PM

That's awful

hibsbollah
20-06-2012, 05:52 PM
That's awful

I still think we should have it in blue :agree:

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2012, 08:38 AM
I still think we should have it in blue :agree:

:agree: We need to try it for a while, give it a go for 2 or 3 seasons and i bet we'd soon forget we played in green after a while.

If not, then no harm done we change back to green, or better still try another colour?

Speedway
21-06-2012, 10:20 AM

That's our new home top. Our shade of green is slightly different and the socks are reversed but that's it right there.

.Sean.
21-06-2012, 10:36 AM
:agree: We need to try it for a while, give it a go for 2 or 3 seasons and i bet we'd soon forget we played in green after a while.

If not, then no harm done we change back to green, or better still try another colour?
Right, i might look stupid here but I'll bite. You've been banging this 'let's change the colours' drum for a while now, are you being serious? IMO, that's frankly a ridicuilous statement.

Hibs play in green and white. Green and white are our colours and what makes us so instantly recognisable. Not red, not pink, not orange and most certainly not blue. Hibs play in green.

calumhibee1
21-06-2012, 10:36 AM
That's our new home top. Our shade of green is slightly different and the socks are reversed but that's it right there.

with the same v neck? I was sure somebody said it had a collar?

Speedway
21-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Right, i might look stupid here but I'll bite. You've been banging this 'let's change the colours' drum for a while now, are you being serious? IMO, that's frankly a ridicuilous statement.

Hibs play in green and white. Green and white are our colours and what makes us so instantly recognisable. Not red, not pink, not orange and most certainly not blue. Hibs play in green.

What about Brown?

matty_f
21-06-2012, 10:42 AM
What about Brown?

I thought a sort of mustard yellow with green flashes, like lightning bolts on.

Or maybe a top like Mighty Mouse's top. :agree:

.Sean.
21-06-2012, 10:43 AM
What about Brown?

Hilarious. Might have guessed you'd be at it as usual with yet another 'witty' comment as per every thread on the forum.

neilmartinrocks
21-06-2012, 10:47 AM

did you bang your head off the table while scranning that takeaway mate?

green glory
21-06-2012, 10:49 AM
What's this obsession with green and white? I just don't get it.

Speedway
21-06-2012, 10:49 AM
I thought a sort of mustard yellow with green flashes, like lightning bolts on.

Or maybe a top like Mighty Mouse's top. :agree:

Or perhaps Superted's?

Hilarious. Might have guessed you'd be at it as usual with yet another 'witty' comment as per every thread on the forum.

Thank you, but you're too kind, it's not every thread, just feels like it.

That's not him, but it is another of our community.

green glory
21-06-2012, 10:53 AM
What about Brown?

Hmm brown and yellow maybe. Like those Y fronts you used to be able to buy in the 70's.

Speedway
21-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Hmm brown and yellow maybe. Like those Y fronts you used to be able to buy in the 70's.

They were the mutts nuts or at least smelt like them.

I remember the cream with brown trim efforts as well. Like stapling sandpaper round yer chorus.

TrickyNicky
21-06-2012, 11:21 AM
They were the mutts nuts or at least smelt like them.

I remember the cream with brown trim efforts as well. Like stapling sandpaper round yer chorus.

I had them as a child, they were made of rubber and were 1 size too small, their only downside however was that they took so long to put on!

green glory
21-06-2012, 11:26 AM
I had them as a child, they were made of rubber and were 1 size too small, their only downside however was that they took so long to put on!

You were made to wear rubber pants as a child?

WTF?

surreyhibbie
21-06-2012, 11:33 AM

Yup, you do indeed look stupid !

didn't expect anyone to take it seriously, mate ....:greengrin

green glory
25-06-2012, 07:49 AM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfcclub/status/217161715983466497

New home kit release date confirmed.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-06-2012, 08:24 AM

Hooray, another mad dash from work during my lunch hour

Lets see it then, I think we're still waiting for the sneak-peek of the away top......

green glory
25-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Judging by the pic of Tim Clancy in the training top (with white band across the chest) the home top probably won't be the photoshopped one that's been doing the rounds.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2012, 08:57 AM

:taxi :doh: :shhhsh!:

BarneyK
25-06-2012, 08:57 AM
#hfcsummerofchange :dunno:

ian cruise
25-06-2012, 09:46 AM
"Show your true colours?" A hint at a darker green? I know there was chat about that being a possiblity om Pm board.

Renfrew_Hibby
25-06-2012, 10:30 AM
With Plymouth comming out with the kit that was doing the rounds here, i guess (hope so) that was one of the proposed options and we haven't gone with it.
I think we might go for a reverse of the away kit in that same template. I'm all for the darker green but i hope we retain the white sleeves as that for me makes our kit stand out and it's what we've all grown up with so i hope they stay.

neilmartinrocks
25-06-2012, 06:36 PM

thank **** now i can get my 2012/13 subbuteo team ordered.:greengrin

capitals_finest
25-06-2012, 08:50 PM

That is a man with a fanny.

Andy74
26-06-2012, 09:32 AM
"Show your true colours?" A hint at a darker green? I know there was chat about that being a possiblity om Pm board.

Hibs already confirmed the darker green at the time of the away kit launch.

ian cruise
26-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Ah, missed that.

jamieross
26-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Cany wait to see it so i can decide weather to spend the voucher i won on here on the home or away :)

HibeePaj
26-06-2012, 07:19 PM
That's it been announced on the site. Launched Friday midday.

" new-look Home Kit with a distinctively classic design".

Fingers crossed for the darker shade of green

yeezus.
26-06-2012, 07:25 PM

Oh dear, I saw it on footballshirtculture today, not a fan.

LEaston87
26-06-2012, 09:42 PM
The Plymouth Argyle strips are crap, they look like they werent designed to be worn by humans... looks far too baggy and the sleeves are massive

yekimevol
26-06-2012, 11:39 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120626/201213-hibernian-home-kit_2262950_2823588

I wonder who will be modeling it ???

SteveHFC
26-06-2012, 11:42 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120626/201213-hibernian-home-kit_2262950_2823588

McPake?

Konte?

O'Brien?

Kerr?

Trakys?

SouthMoroccoStu
27-06-2012, 05:55 AM

The same top draw signing that was modelling the away top.

Will be great to see him again.

JohnStephens91
27-06-2012, 05:59 AM
I know we have played with white sleeves since the 1930's but I would like to see a darker green effort with no white sleeves for at least a season. I know it is not popular with the fan base but I think it would look smart, hopefully it is kept until 2015 when I think we should have the bottle green home shirt with no white sleeves and a 3rd choice kit that is green and white hoops just to honour our history. But no matter what the home shirt is next season I will be wearing it with pride because it has the crest that I love the most on it.

hibsbollah
27-06-2012, 06:04 AM
McPake?

Konte?

O'Brien?

Kerr?

Trakys?

Konte doesnt 'model' clothes. The clothes model Konte.

R'Albin
27-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Future17
27-06-2012, 12:49 PM

:agree:

There's Man, there's A Man...and then there's Amadou.

HibeeN
27-06-2012, 01:00 PM

:thumbsup:Would genuinely like to see Konte get a run in the team.

Mon Dieu4
27-06-2012, 01:01 PM
:thumbsup:Would genuinely like to see Konte get a run in the team.

We should maximize our resources

IWasThere2016
27-06-2012, 01:10 PM

Good news re extension to 20 July also :thumbsup:

sambajustice
27-06-2012, 01:14 PM
So these jokers at Hibs are releasing a kit without anyone knowing what its going to look like? I suppose it doesn't matter too much really, even if they did release pics and no-one liked it they would still release the shirt. Just that you usually get a sneak peak before shirts are released!

That plymouth one is a bit gash, far too much white!

A "distinctly classic design" says to me we might not have that white strip across the chest. We'll see...

hibsbollah
27-06-2012, 01:40 PM
We should maximize our resources

:hilarious:

I can see another 'which colour bike is the fastest?' thread coming on...