PDA

View Full Version : Scottish cup loss, just got worse for me!

baggio70
26-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, I travel 13000 miles from Australia to watch Hibs get humped 5-1 by our next door neighbours. I leave on Tuesday and return to Australia Thursday morning. I go to work Friday still feeling jet lagged and P'd off about Saturday. I walk in the front door and the owner of the business takes one look at me and tells me to come into his office. I'm waiting for him to ask me the score but he says, "it's not good news, I'm going to have to ask you to leave as there is no longer a job for you". Cheers baw bag!!So, to sum up, I spent a fortune coming home, we lose the Scottish cup & I lose my job!Can it get any worse??Baggio

patch1875
26-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Nightmare

RickyS
26-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Well, I travel 13000 miles from Australia to watch Hibs get humped 5-1 by our next door neighbours. I leave on Tuesday and return to Australia Thursday morning. I go to work Friday still feeling jet lagged and P'd off about Saturday. I walk in the front door and the owner of the business takes one look at me and tells me to come into his office. I'm waiting for him to ask me the score but he says, "it's not good news, I'm going to have to ask you to leave as there is no longer a job for you". Cheers baw bag!!So, to sum up, I spent a fortune coming home, we lose the Scottish cup & I lose my job!Can it get any worse??Baggio

wot a nightmare mate, hope you get fixed up soon.

givescotlandfreedom
26-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you're protected legally and due a pay off at least.

theleith hibby
26-05-2012, 05:02 PM
baggio the only way is up mate

The Harp
26-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Really sorry to hear that baggio. Makes my miserable week since the final seem euphoric in comparison. Hope things improve for you mate.

hibsbollah
26-05-2012, 05:13 PM
When one door closes another opens mate.

Hope it works out for you :aok:

baggio70
26-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Thank's for the messages!!! Yip, feeling really down at the minute. Chin up eh!!

Yuillsy
26-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Really sorry mate.
When you get a new job you can give 2 fingers to your old boss and when Hibs start improving you can give the ****bos 2 fingers.
It'll all work out in the end!!!

Hibercelona
26-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Thank's for the messages!!! Yip, feeling really down at the minute. Chin up eh!!

Just show more fight in life than that team did and i'm sure you'll pull through it. :wink:

baggio70
26-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you're protected legally and due a pay off at least.

I was still in my probation period, was given the remainder of my holiday pay and two weeks wages!!

lyonhibs
26-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I was still in my probation period, was given the remainder of my holiday pay and two weeks wages!!

What was the reason given?? Seems pretty harsh to me!!

Either way, good luck getting a new job. I'm on the hunt myself - although still in employment - and it's a laborious process!!

baggio70
26-05-2012, 05:53 PM
He said that he was speaking to other staff members when i was away and they advised that I was not cutting it. Another reason was that the customers (especially a long term client), could not understand me. Now whether or not that means my knowledge wasn't up to scratch or the accent was the issue, I'll never know as I didn't question him. I'll have to take this one on the chin, it's the first time it's happened to me. Live and learn..

joe breezy
26-05-2012, 06:01 PM
****ers I hope you get something sorted soon, I've had the 'we can't understand you' thing a few times at work in London

Tossers

Yesterday I lost a global advertising pitch by a baw hair at work, would have secured my job for a while in these times

Anyway, I'm lucky - still have a job

I'm sure you'll get sorted soon

Keep the faith

Mister P
26-05-2012, 06:13 PM
on your last day, you should take a **** in his desk drawer.

a big steamin jobby:cb

BullbreedHFC
26-05-2012, 06:53 PM
sorry to hear about your bad news mate, hope you get a new job soon - was nice of the other members of staff to wait till you were away to bad mouth you (cowards) - the hibees time will come again - chin up buddy ..... GGTTH :aok:

iwasthere1972
26-05-2012, 06:59 PM

That's shocking. What a nightmare.

baggio70
26-05-2012, 08:48 PM
sorry to hear about your bad news mate, hope you get a new job soon - was nice of the other members of staff to wait till you were away to bad mouth you (cowards) - the hibees time will come again - chin up buddy ..... GGTTH :aok:

Cowards - that's exactly what I think!! Thank you for the message.

baggio70
26-05-2012, 08:52 PM
****ers I hope you get something sorted soon, I've had the 'we can't understand you' thing a few times at work in London

Tossers

Yesterday I lost a global advertising pitch by a baw hair at work, would have secured my job for a while in these times

Anyway, I'm lucky - still have a job

I'm sure you'll get sorted soon

Keep the faith

Thanks for the message, sorry you never got the business. Fingers crossed you get the next one!!

hibee
26-05-2012, 09:00 PM
It could be worse, you might have been unemployed in Scotland, hope you get some better luck soon!

Hibrandenburg
26-05-2012, 09:07 PM
That's bad mate. Still chin up, you might have been born a Jambo!

zero-seven
26-05-2012, 10:03 PM
sorry to hear that Baggio...mare

where are you based in Oz ?

basehibby
26-05-2012, 10:27 PM

That's a pure kick in the nads and I feel for you mate - one thing you can be certain of though is your (ex)boss is indeed a bawbag and your ex-colleagues just as bad - with any luck you'll end up with something better and be happier in the long run as a result - life has a funny way of working out like that so hang in there and keep yer chin up !

baggio70
26-05-2012, 10:43 PM
sorry to hear that Baggio...mare

where are you based in Oz ?

On the sunshine coast, Queensland. I don't know how they can call it the sunshine coast, it rains all the time over here.

lucky
27-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Surely its racial discrimination to dismiss someone for their accent. Get some legal advice.

givescotlandfreedom
27-05-2012, 09:50 AM
He said that he was speaking to other staff members when i was away and they advised that I was not cutting it. Another reason was that the customers (especially a long term client), could not understand me. Now whether or not that means my knowledge wasn't up to scratch or the accent was the issue, I'll never know as I didn't question him. I'll have to take this one on the chin, it's the first time it's happened to me. Live and learn..

Your colleagues sound like a right barrel of snakes. Where I work you just wouldn't slag your colleague to managers. Would be far more likely to tell them to get lost as it's not your job to grass on others.
Anyway, how can they say that about your accent when they employed you with it too?

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the message, sorry you never got the business. Fingers crossed you get the next one!!

Cheers mate :aok:

keep on keeping on

HibsMax
27-05-2012, 05:53 PM

Since you're still in your probation period you're basically ****ed. :(. I'm assuming, I don't know Aussie labour laws. If there is any hint of you being let go because of your accent I think you could have a case though. I work with people from all the far east and I can't always understand them but we can't fire them for that. Take it on the chin but ask more questions if it's not too late to do that.

"isn't cutting it" is not a reason, it's too vague. What were you doing wrong? Why are they not prepared to help you get better? Usually people are spoken to if there's an issue, they're not just told they don't have a job anymore.

London Hibs FC
28-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Since you're still in your probation period you're basically ****ed. :(. I'm assuming, I don't know Aussie labour laws. If there is any hint of you being let go because of your accent I think you could have a case though. I work with people from all the far east and I can't always understand them but we can't fire them for that. Take it on the chin but ask more questions if it's not too late to do that.

"isn't cutting it" is not a reason, it's too vague. What were you doing wrong? Why are they not prepared to help you get better? Usually people are spoken to if there's an issue, they're not just told they don't have a job anymore.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Baggio!!

I reckon you should follow up on Max's advice:
http://www.racismnoway.com.au/about-racism/understanding/index-what.html

Best of luck to you Buddy!

surreyhibbie
29-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Terrible news mate. And here's me whinging about the speeding ticket that landed on my lap the other day. Caught on the way up for the game..

Good luck finding something Baggio.