PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe I've done it

S.sct
26-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Just purchased a season ticket for the first time since 1992. And not just for me but also the wee man..... Even though we've just finished a miserable season and have no idea who we will be watching next season I just have a wee positive feeling about the season ahead.

I also thought we would win last week......

woodyloon
26-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Good on you, hope things start to turn improve next season.

We've got to keep the faith no matter how painful it gets follow Hibs sometimes.

:thumbsup:

hibsmad
26-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Not sure how other people feel but last weeks match has actually made me feel more of a hibby again. I was losing interest steadily over the course of quite a few years but last weeks match has turned it around. The reason being that it reminded me of how much I cared!

I had been going to matches and although obviously wanting Hibs to win, it wasn't hurting when we didn't. I wonder if there will be more like you who hadn't been going all that often but after feeling like part of the Hibs family at the final will actually want to go back again next season.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Not sure how other people feel but last weeks match has actually made me feel more of a hibby again. I was losing interest steadily over the course of quite a few years but last weeks match has turned it around. The reason being that it reminded me of how much I cared!

I had been going to matches and although obviously wanting Hibs to win, it wasn't hurting when we didn't. I wonder if there will be more like you who hadn't been going all that often but after feeling like part of the Hibs family at the final will actually want to go back again next season.

Same for me in a strange way.

I was raging last weekend and into this week but seeing the club in such a position makes me want to do my bit however I can.

No matter how bad it is I couldn't walk away now even if I wanted to.

Emerald
26-05-2012, 02:45 PM

As someone else pointed out this is ground zero, the only way is up. We are changing an entire team which is exciting in itself and it cant possibly be as bad as the one we had.

Its Penicuik Gala today and loads of Jambos in T's with Winners 2012 on them. I wish I had got the winners 1902 one at the time doh!

Anyway onwards and upwards. GGTTH

djs69
26-05-2012, 03:01 PM
my new saying to my jambo mates is YTTA, yesterday, today, tomorrow, always . good on youGGTTH

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

cam2644
26-05-2012, 03:29 PM
one good thing that came out of it was just how much support Hibs have. It's got to make Petrie & Co think that there's something special here that needs more care,attention and investment.

hibsfan7
26-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Well done at least you are proving to be a true hibs fan

not like all the glory hunters that were at tyhe final

GGTTH

Hibercelona
26-05-2012, 03:55 PM

GGTTH

I don't think you can accuse any Hibs fan of being a glory hunter.

If you were hunting glory, the last team you would ever support is Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 03:58 PM

GGTTH

I know, imagine all those people turning up for the final, we'd have been much better off with our usual 8000, tossers the lot of them.:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Why is it some folk feel the need to criticise Hibs fans who only turn up for the big games? Do you feel a sense of superiority because you go more often?

Would you prefer they did not turn up, and we just had the usual 8000 every week at home, and the 6-800 that travel away?:confused:

marinello59
26-05-2012, 04:45 PM

GGTTH

Behave yourself, at your age you should ken that's nonsense.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2012, 04:46 PM

GGTTH

Stupid post.

NAE NOOKIE
26-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Just purchased a season ticket for the first time since 1992. And not just for me but also the wee man..... Even though we've just finished a miserable season and have no idea who we will be watching next season I just have a wee positive feeling about the season ahead.

Good stuff.

I think a lot of Hibbies in a bizzare way have been rejuvenated by our disaster at Hampden ... I cant wait for the start of next season, even though Hibs being Hibs they will probably find a way to screw it up.

GGTTH

:thumbsup:

lyonhibs
26-05-2012, 05:30 PM

GGTTH

World class post. I won't bother travelling back from Zurich - where I'm moving to - for the final next season if we get there aye??

:aok:

Yuillsy
26-05-2012, 05:48 PM

Good lad.
I renewed just before the semi but after the final i swore i'd never be back. Now a week later i can't wait for the start of the season.
That's Hibs for you, can't live with them, can't live without them and every year you think they'll improve!!!

The Harp Awakes
26-05-2012, 06:42 PM

Me and the laddy have had season tickets for ages but my 14 year old daughter was at the Cup Final with us last week. She loved the occasion so much that she's getting a season ticket with her pal next season:thumbsup:

Just goes to show that there are some positives out of a desperate result and performance:wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2012, 07:08 PM

good on ya mate.
htwfd

green glory
26-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Well done for getting a season ticket. I last had one in late nineties, and have been a walk up fan since but splashed out for next season.

The pink fairies have apparently sold 8000 for next season, would like to know how many we've shifted.

hopefulhibby
26-05-2012, 07:28 PM

GGTTH
Glory hunters and hibs fans should dont really go together

What a silly post

iwasthere1972
26-05-2012, 07:33 PM

Good on you. Next season may be that start of something better than we've had to endure for the past few seasons. Plus you'll get first chance of tickets for the Scottish Cup Final next year.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

ekhibee
26-05-2012, 07:38 PM

Excellent post, it sums me up too. All through last season I insisted to my mates that I was NOT renewing my season ticket, and just before the Dunfermline game I did. Although the result was awful for us, as were the team, the fans at the final helped to remind me of the importance of being a Hibby till the day I die.

Kato
26-05-2012, 07:43 PM

GGTTH

sniff sniff

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2012, 07:45 PM

GGTTH

:cup: Congratulations!

iwasthere1972
26-05-2012, 07:49 PM

GGTTH

Or until the 3rd goal went in.

:duck:

Gatecrasher
26-05-2012, 08:30 PM

:top marks

im looking forward to the new season already, today is the first taste this summer without the Hibees and struggling already

Kato
26-05-2012, 09:31 PM

What a plonker. :greengrin:wink::wink:

Hibby plonker though. :flag:

Hope the wee felly has a great season, S. Well done. :aok:

hibee_nation
26-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I have bought a ST for me and my daughter after a lapse of 5 years or so. Even getting beat by them didn't sicken her so WTF we will be there to cheer the boys on next season. GGTTH :flag::pfgwa

Hale Hibby
26-05-2012, 10:11 PM

GGTTH

I have been a Hibby all my life but have lived in south Manchester for the last nine years. I usually manage to get back to Edinburgh to see Hibs at Easter Road four or five times a season. I wish it was more but family commitments mean this is not possible. Like all dedicated Hibbys, I was desperate to get to the final. Not being a season ticket holder or a club member, even though I couldn't attend the match I bought a ticket for the Dunfermline game in the hope that I would get lucky in the ballot. I wasn 't lucky, but listened to the match live on BBC radio, which was worth the ticket price. In the event, I managed to get a cup final ticket via the public sale, after many calls. The cup final result was dreadful, but we were serious underdogs and what really got to me was the passion and commitment of the Hibs support. The arrangements made by the club and fan groups were awesome, and very inspiring (thanks to everyone involved) and I brought a couple of flags home for my [Hibs] kids, who were delighted. What I am trying to say is that not everyone is able to attend every home match each season, but that doesn't mean that their commitment to the club is any less than that of someone who is able do so. In getting to see Hibs five times this season - bringing my Hibs Kids or a mate with me - I have spent much more than it would cost me to buy a season ticket and get to all home games if i still lived in Edinburgh. There are plenty more Hibbys like me. Our commitment to the cause is absolute. As another Hibby commented recently, we have unfinished business at Hampden. I want to be there to see us sort things out.

ALF TUPPER
27-05-2012, 06:29 AM

GGTTH

Nonsense post.

joe breezy
27-05-2012, 08:10 AM

GGTTH

Mug

My mates who live in Thailand spent almost a grand each to go to the final, I was at the semi final and the final and won't be buying a season ticket - and there are people who flew from Australia to be there...

wheniwas5
27-05-2012, 08:17 AM
ive just been picking and chosing my games after having a season ticket till 3 year ago but ive also got 1 for next year and 1 each for both my sons.. also cant wait for the season to start and looking forward to seeing the team that fenlon has to build. i gather we all go through periods in life when were fed up going to games but hibs is in our blood and always come back. should be a good crowd at homes games next season..

cam75
27-05-2012, 12:45 PM
OK SO No season ticket but my girl will be 7 (she has Been to a few games)but me and the 2 older kids will make more than the 5 just past,I'm almost getting the buzz back if only,the wife has almost started being ok with ne since last week Jeeze that was hard!

cam75
27-05-2012, 12:54 PM
OK SO No season ticket but my girl will be 7 (she has Been to a few games)but me and the 2 older kids will make more than the 5 just past,I'm almost getting the buzz back if only,the wife has almost started being ok with ne since last week Jeeze that was hard!

HibsMax
27-05-2012, 05:47 PM
+1