PDA

View Full Version : We are Hibernian FC!

Lang Toun Hibs
26-05-2012, 09:51 AM
One week on from the cup final and having read a fair amount of posts ranging from general negativity to outright slaughtering of some players I would like to offer up an element of positivity...based on what some will ask?

Well based upon the fact that we (the fans) are Hibernian FC and the interest, excitement, display and atmosphere generated by the fans last week (and against Dunfermline home and away) should give us every reason to be positive in my opinion. We can lift the club and the players on the park to perform for us - ok, it didn't happen for us last week and it won't every week but by sticking with the team and offering genuine support we can only help improve things, whoever we have representing the club next season - as well as being a more positive and enjoyable experience for ourselves.

Whether Garry O stays or not, he has done a lot for this club. His off field problems have undoubtedly affected his career but he's not the first and won't be the last. He made a major contribution last season and if he stays I will back him 100%, if not well thanks for your efforts last season.

Ivan Sproule is the latest to be coming in for some stick - if he stays I'll be delighted because he knows this club and has seen the highs and lows but clearly still has hibs at heart. So what if he is a bit player/impact sub. His influence upon others who will join in the summer in terms of what this club should be all about will be invaluable.

Matt Doherty did well for us, I think he is a decent player and also made a contribution to us staying up. He's away back to wolves and I wish him all the best. One or two naive comments from a 20 year old player does not justify the criticism that he has been given in my opinion...when I was his age, I would also be prone to saying the wrong thing from time to time so to be critical of him would be hypocritical of me. For his footballing contribution over the past few months, I thank him.

Whether this post prompts accusations of happy clapper, über fan or whether I am mentally unstable, I care not! I'm passionate about my team and will support them through thick and thin...next season will be better and we must do our bit to help.

And if nothing else, the sun is shining and baby lambs are playing in the fields...hope springs eternal. I'm off for a lie down and a holiday from negativity - I have enough of that at my work!

Alfred E Newman
27-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I am a realist and unfortunately it will take a lot more than some positive thinking and happy clapping to turn the club round.

Stevo1875
27-05-2012, 02:26 PM
GOC - talented no doubt... how hungry is he and will he be value for money?

Sproule - we've had plenty managers who have had his kind of experience with the club but it turned out not to be as invaluable as some thought. again, how much will we get for our money with a high profile impact player?

Doherty - has gone and won't be back. the kind of young player we could do with although i don't think he will have an impact at wolves.

yeah, lets be positive. new team next year. i expect we'll see some good, some bad and hopefully some ugly (griffiths) come in. i just hope the type of player PF wants and needs to shape his team are out there and want to play for us. i think we need to avoid spending big salaries (relatively speaking!) on ex players or players who have lost their way or at the end of their careers. a competitive squad of players at a similar level, range of experience, looking to improve and had a good season behind them would be refreshing. players with leadership qualities are a must.

Northern Hibby
27-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I have every faith in PF, he was told to keep us up with limited resources and he did, he went out a got the players to do that, next seasons remit is simple, better than this one (not hard) he'll get better resources than he did in January and he'll go and get the players to do better!

Sammy7nil
27-05-2012, 09:55 PM
One week on from the cup final and having read a fair amount of posts ranging from general negativity to outright slaughtering of some players I would like to offer up an element of positivity...based on what some will ask?

Well based upon the fact that we (the fans) are Hibernian FC and the interest, excitement, display and atmosphere generated by the fans last week (and against Dunfermline home and away) should give us every reason to be positive in my opinion. We can lift the club and the players on the park to perform for us - ok, it didn't happen for us last week and it won't every week but by sticking with the team and offering genuine support we can only help improve things, whoever we have representing the club next season - as well as being a more positive and enjoyable experience for ourselves.

Whether Garry O stays or not, he has done a lot for this club. His off field problems have undoubtedly affected his career but he's not the first and won't be the last. He made a major contribution last season and if he stays I will back him 100%, if not well thanks for your efforts last season.

Ivan Sproule is the latest to be coming in for some stick - if he stays I'll be delighted because he knows this club and has seen the highs and lows but clearly still has hibs at heart. So what if he is a bit player/impact sub. His influence upon others who will join in the summer in terms of what this club should be all about will be invaluable.

Matt Doherty did well for us, I think he is a decent player and also made a contribution to us staying up. He's away back to wolves and I wish him all the best. One or two naive comments from a 20 year old player does not justify the criticism that he has been given in my opinion...when I was his age, I would also be prone to saying the wrong thing from time to time so to be critical of him would be hypocritical of me. For his footballing contribution over the past few months, I thank him.

Whether this post prompts accusations of happy clapper, über fan or whether I am mentally unstable, I care not! I'm passionate about my team and will support them through thick and thin...next season will be better and we must do our bit to help.

And if nothing else, the sun is shining and baby lambs are playing in the fields...hope springs eternal. I'm off for a lie down and a holiday from negativity - I have enough of that at my work!

This guy appears to be a mentally unstable, happy clapping über fan :wink:

RIP
28-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Off topic I know but was at a meeting in Dunning last week and saw a car with a Hibsish number plate - wisnae you was it?

Lang Toun Hibs
28-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Off topic I know but was at a meeting in Dunning last week and saw a car with a Hibsish number plate - wisnae you was it?

No, I'm afraid not! But my house is the only one in the village with a genuine east terracing seat fixed to a bench at the front! Glory glory!

Squealing pig
29-05-2012, 06:17 PM
No, I'm afraid not! But my house is the only one in the village with a genuine east terracing seat fixed to a bench at the front! Glory glory!

thats my seat i paid for one and never got 1 cheers