PDA

View Full Version : Sproule set to stay

JohnStephens91
25-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Nothing more to add really: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/ivan-sproule-poised-to-remain-with-hibs-1-2319337?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

smurf
25-05-2012, 11:52 PM
As long as he's happy being an impact player...

Green Blood
25-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Nothing more to add really: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/ivan-sproule-poised-to-remain-with-hibs-1-2319337?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

He's a headless chicken! Well past anything constructive to offer the Hibees, time he should move on

JohnStephens91
25-05-2012, 11:56 PM
I heard about this a few days ago from my work experience, just because I was so close to the sports desk I heard almost every phonecall. To be fair, he does care about the club, but he is not good enough anymore. I'd say he can be the player to bring on with 15 minutes to go and we're 2 goals up and it'll lift the fans.

VickMackie
26-05-2012, 12:11 AM
There's some players we will need to keep post window, at least keep someone who gives a ****.

Whilst we know we need quality we need to maintain some sort of appreciation for the club.

Kato
26-05-2012, 12:32 AM
He's a headless chicken! Well past anything constructive to offer the Hibees, time he should move on

Why not suggest the admins start a petition to get him out?

IWasThere2016
26-05-2012, 12:38 AM
I like Sproule - and not just for his appreciation for Hibs - he has something to offer IMHO.

Green Blood
26-05-2012, 12:39 AM

Whats your opinion of him? If your a fan then man up and say you are, personally I think he's somewhere between a Kevin Twaddle/ Ted McMinn.

He's living off a hat trick he scored yonks ago somewhere in Glasgow, time he moved on!

snooky
26-05-2012, 12:40 AM
I'll always be an Ivan fan because of Ibrox and the fact that he gives a toss.
Say nae mair.

Green Blood
26-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Say nae mair.

And thats your opinion, your entitled to that! Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. My opinion is that we developed him, he went south,failed and came back to us. As bad a wide player I have seen! Ask any defender in the SPL.

TheEastTerrace
26-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Always will be a cult hero but time to move, doesn't cut it

sambajustice
26-05-2012, 01:33 AM

Disaster for Hibernian!!!

StokePogesHibs
26-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Disaster for Hibernian!!!

Watch his goals reel on YouTube. Legend. Always and forever

Littlest Hobo
26-05-2012, 04:28 AM
SPROULE SET TO STAY

I know many a Hearts supporter who will be very happy at this news.

AlbertK86
26-05-2012, 04:44 AM
Love his enthusiam but never beats a man these days and cannot pas or shoot so off load if we can

MyJo
26-05-2012, 05:40 AM
A player who actually gives a damn about the club and will hopefully have better players around him next season, happy to have him as one of the experienced heads in the dressing room next season

Barney McGrew
26-05-2012, 05:42 AM
I know many a Hearts supporter

That's your problem right there

lord bunberry
26-05-2012, 06:08 AM
I would keep sproule it would be good to see him playing with a decent overlapping full back. Ivan really cares about hibs and always gives 100% and for me that should get him another season. He might not start every week but he still has something to offer

Beefster
26-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Pity. His wage would have let Fenlon sign a player who might have contributed a lot next season. Another painful lesson for the Board of the perils of signing the wrong player.

clerriehibs
26-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Say nae mair.

I'll always be a pat stanton fan but i know he's not good enough anymore and neither is ivan.

Brooster
26-05-2012, 07:10 AM
What do you reckon he offers TQM? All I seen this season was a player who didnt know what to do when he got the ball.

I like Sproule - and not just for his appreciation for Hibs - he has something to offer IMHO.

Hibsdawg
26-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Yes! He's here, he's there!

Ledge! Hope Ivan is part of the foundation in the rebuilding process.

Defo.

wearethehibs
26-05-2012, 07:22 AM
I heard about this a few days ago from my work experience, just because I was so close to the sports desk I heard almost every phonecall. To be fair, he does care about the club, but he is not good enough anymore. I'd say he can be the player to bring on with 15 minutes to go and we're 2 goals up and it'll lift the fans.

So he will never get on? Lol

Hibrandenburg
26-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Even if only to show young players what the right attitude is towards the club, then it's money well spent.

Stantons Angel
26-05-2012, 07:29 AM
I'll always be a pat stanton fan but i know he's not good enough anymore and neither is ivan.

How on earth can you mention Pat Stanton and Not Good Enough in the same sentence?

I know that even at the age of 67 Pat Stanton's football brain would run rings around any of our current or soon to be players, even Ivan!

I cant believe that a week after that debacle of a cup final you are all looking for something to moan about again. So you pick on Ivan..... sure he is living on his hatrick, how did you feel when he scored these goals.... or where you not at the games?

Its like saying Lawrie Reilly is living of his Famous Five reputation.... These men ARE still players they may not be able to run around like Ivan but they have the football football brains of men half their ages.

Ivan last season did his best and surrounded with non triers and below par footballers he did not live up to some peoples expectations. As another poster stated he is Hibee and we need people like him around the youngsters and in the dressing room.

Posters on this board have hounded some players beyond belief, lets start next season afresh and get behind the team instead of moaning!

AND................ give Pat Stanton the status he deserves..................GOD!!!

Beefster
26-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Even if only to show young players what the right attitude is towards the club, then it's money well spent.

Aside from the fact that Hibs can't afford to pay one of their top wages on a player who's just there to show the right attitude, he seemed to have spectacularly failed in helping instil the right attitude in them during the season just passed.

Stantons Angel
26-05-2012, 07:36 AM

Are you for REAL?

This is not the time to be trying to organise petitions to get anyone out.

The manager is looking to do his job and get things sorted, thats his job. As a supporter id always thought we had to support the team. YES even when we are humiliated in a major cup final.

Let the guy get on with the job, he doesnt need the extra pressure from here nor the organising of petitions to tell him what needs doing!

lapsedhibee
26-05-2012, 07:39 AM

Source?

EK_Hibs
26-05-2012, 07:39 AM
He's sh**e

Hibrandenburg
26-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Aside from the fact that Hibs can't afford to pay one of their top wages on a player who's just there to show the right attitude, he seemed to have spectacularly failed in helping instil the right attitude in them during the season just passed.
Because he was far down the pecking order. Think it will speak volumes to young players that Ivan has survived the cull and all the "Billy big Boots" have been shown the door.

truehibernian
26-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Sorry, but all I'm reading is an agent being supportive and quite bullish about his client. I'm sure if Lomas wants him that much, he'll land him.

I like Ivan, he cares, and he looks after himself. He's grown up. Are there better players out there in his position - most definitely. If he went, he'd go with all our best wishes. Personally I'd like a younger, more creative player out in the wide area - an 'end product' player.

Beefster
26-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Because he was far down the pecking order. Think it will speak volumes to young players that Ivan has survived the cull and all the "Billy big Boots" have been shown the door.

Him still having a year left on his contract and sitting it out is hardly 'surviving the cull' any more than the likes of Sean O'Hanlon is. I'm fairly certain that, had his contract been up this summer, he'd have been moving on.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Can anyone can come up with another reason why he should stay,apart from he cares? :confused:

Wilson
26-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Can anyone can come up with another reason why he should stay,apart from he cares? :confused:

We're happy being mediocre and have no designs on challenging for third place (or better!).

Billy Whizz
26-05-2012, 08:16 AM

If he's under contract he doesn't need to go anywhere

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 08:18 AM
If he's under contract he doesn't need to go anywhere

:agree: Yip i took that as a given, what about ability wise and contribution?

poolman
26-05-2012, 08:24 AM
That's your problem right there

:tee hee:

Hibrandenburg
26-05-2012, 08:25 AM
:agree: Yip i took that as a given, what about ability wise and contribution?

My mum taught me that if I've nothing good and positive to say, then I should keep my trap shut.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 08:31 AM
My mum taught me that if I've nothing good and positive to say, then I should keep my trap shut.

Aye because footballs not about opinions, good or bad? :rolleyes:

sambajustice
26-05-2012, 08:39 AM
He is a cult hero who loves Hibs, I would get him on the coaching staff or something.

As a professional football player he is in actual fact, gash and should not be at the Hibernian Football Club in a playing capacity!

Hibrandenburg
26-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Aye because footballs not about opinions, good or bad? :rolleyes:

Wasn't having a go. Just feel that rewarding Ivan for giving a **** is a positive. Loyalty works both ways and if young players see that the club rewards those with the right attitude, then that has to have a positives effect.

I'd much rather that players coming through the ranks have Ivan as a role model than some of the wasters who have darkened our doorstep in recent years.

Big Frank
26-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Blackpoolhibs has nailed it.

Hibernian need to move on

Hibrandenburg
26-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Blackpoolhibs has nailed it.

Hibernian need to move on

Has that not been part of our problem? Moving everything on every year. We need to develop a new culture at ER, but starting anew every single year has proven to be a mistake. We need to try and hang on to those things that are positive, no matter how small and where better to start than with attitude.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Wasn't having a go. Just feel that rewarding Ivan for giving a **** is a positive. Loyalty works both ways and if young players see that the club rewards those with the right attitude, then that has to have a positives effect.

I'd much rather that players coming through the ranks have Ivan as a role model than some of the wasters who have darkened our doorstep in recent years.

No problem, but again i dont see what Ivan has done to make him a role model? He tries, but thats nowhere near enough imo.

I loved him first time round, and he contributed many times. He's been a complete failure this time, and if we could get rid, imo we'd be doing the right thing.

Big Frank
26-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Has that not been part of our problem? Moving everything on every year. We need to develop a new culture at ER, but starting anew every single year has proven to be a mistake. We need to try and hang on to those things that are positive, no matter how small and where better to start than with attitude.

Yes. a revolving door of managers and continual signing of **** players has been a part of our problem.... So Hibernian need to move on from this....

He has though, you will concede, done absolutely NOTHING in his second stint at Hibernian.

Hibernian, the club, the fans, need to be brutal, he was great in his first stint, but that was years ago. His wages could be better utilised elsewhere.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2012, 08:58 AM
How on earth can you mention Pat Stanton and Not Good Enough in the same sentence?

I know that even at the age of 67 Pat Stanton's football brain would run rings around any of our current or soon to be players, even Ivan!

I cant believe that a week after that debacle of a cup final you are all looking for something to moan about again. So you pick on Ivan..... sure he is living on his hatrick, how did you feel when he scored these goals.... or where you not at the games?

Its like saying Lawrie Reilly is living of his Famous Five reputation.... These men ARE still players they may not be able to run around like Ivan but they have the football football brains of men half their ages.

Ivan last season did his best and surrounded with non triers and below par footballers he did not live up to some peoples expectations. As another poster stated he is Hibee and we need people like him around the youngsters and in the dressing room.

Posters on this board have hounded some players beyond belief, lets start next season afresh and get behind the team instead of moaning!

AND................ give Pat Stanton the status he deserves..................GOD!!!

:not worth

I'm happy enough for Ivan to stay.

He's still about the only player who puts Hibs on the front fot because his instincts are to attack.

However, he contributed significantly when Hibs were defending by tracking back and harassing opposition players.

And, if he is used as an impact player, he could be a valuable weapon.

lucky
26-05-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm not his greatest fan but he is still good enough for the SPL. Balls over the top and he can run onto it. He needs decent service to be a dangerous player at this level.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2012, 09:00 AM

Yep. See above.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Yep. See above.

How would you know, you are never there. :na na: I could maybe accept him as you say as an impact player, but i'm far from convinced its not just sentimental claptrap based on what he could do coming off the bench first time round?

He has a year left on his contract, i'm sure he wont get another, and hope St Johnstone perhaps will be offering a 2 year deal that might swing it for him?

Hibrandenburg
26-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Yes. a revolving door of managers and continual signing of **** players has been a part of our problem.... So Hibernian need to move on from this....

He has though, you will concede, done absolutely NOTHING in his second stint at Hibernian.

Hibernian, the club, the fans, need to be brutal, he was great in his first stint, but that was years ago. His wages could be better utilised elsewhere.
Conceded. But I refuse to take the stance that we're lumbered with him. He can be utilised in other ways rather than stamping him as a has been who has absolutely nothing to offer. The message to the new crop of players must be one of "If you look after us, then we'll look after you."

TrickyNicky
26-05-2012, 09:11 AM

I'm of a similar opinion on this.

Maybe it is Fenlon who has decided to keep Ivan and sees something more important to the club as a whole.

Would anyone know if Ivan is regarded as a consummate pro ?

snooky
26-05-2012, 09:15 AM

He's still about the only player who puts Hibs on the front fot because his instincts are to attack.

However, he contributed significantly when Hibs were defending by tracking back and harassing opposition players.

:agree: Something that often gets overlooked.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-05-2012, 09:20 AM

Its difficult to replace an entire squad over the summer so we have to keep the best players from the squad we have and bin the rest. If he has a year left on his contract then it makes financial sense to keep him as well. PF obviously rates him as one of the better players and maybe because he's a bit older and more experienced he can act as a role model.

Caring about the team you play for should come for free but even thats not a given these days. Its a sad reflection on the state of our club that so many posts have mentioned this. It pains me to say, but how many of the hearts starting 11 in the cup final didn't care? - None, and that is despite not being paid. At the moment, I'm happy to have an impact sub or squad player is he can positively influence the attitude of others.

Hibbyradge
26-05-2012, 09:21 AM
How would you know, you are never there.

Poor from you and you're wrong.

I could maybe accept him as you say as an impact player, but i'm far from convinced its not just sentimental claptrap based on what he could do coming off the bench first time round?

He's not as quick as he used to be, but he's still a handful. If he's brought on fresh against tiring players, he'll cause them trouble.

He has a year left on his contract, i'm sure he wont get another, and hope St Johnstone perhaps will be offering a 2 year deal that might swing it for him?

If he's offered 2 years, he might go, but he'll be on a decent wage at Hibs and will undoubtedly be able to get another year's contract elsewhere after he ;leaves us.

TrickyNicky
26-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Its difficult to replace an entire squad over the summer so we have to keep the best players from the squad we have and bin the rest. If he has a year left on his contract then it makes financial sense to keep him as well. PF obviously rates him as one of the better players and maybe because he's a bit older and more experienced he can act as a role model.

Caring about the team you play for should come for free but even thats not a given these days. Its a sad reflection on the state of our club that so many posts have mentioned this. It pains me to say, but how many of the hearts starting 11 in the cup final didn't care? - None, and that is despite not being paid. At the moment, I'm happy to have an impact sub or squad player is he can positively influence the attitude of others.

Where's the giant " Rod Petrie Light Globe Idea " smiley when you need one ?

cad
26-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Wages could be better spent IMO ,as much as I like Ivan his day has come and gone to have another year to go on a contract is a waste of our time make him an offer and move him on.

kaimendhibs
26-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I like Ivan, I always have since he signed first time. I think played on right wing with decent players he is still a threat. What I dont get is Hibs supporters constantly slating our own players on a public message board. Its a cert they read it. How do you think it makes them feel? Lets try and pick ourselves up and look forward:flag:

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2012, 09:48 AM
please, no.
what real quality does he bring. Get rid FFS.

500miles
26-05-2012, 10:05 AM
To me, Fenlon seemed angered by the ethos of the players. Ivan is a guy that loves his job, wants to squeeze every bit of - limited it may be - talent out of himself, to be the best he can.
He's not as fast as he used to be - 31 year old wingers tend to lose a bit - but he's still quick, and he's got a year on his contract, a work ethic, a passion for the club and the job. He was always an outlet for more talented, creative players - and if we get them in over the some, his pace may still be an asset, particularly from the bench.

AllyF
26-05-2012, 10:17 AM
He's got the attitude, but he's got absolutely sweet F all else.

Offers absolutely nothing - not even his pace anymore.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Poor from you and you're wrong.

You know i was only joking, you were at more games than you care to admit. :wink:

He's not as quick as he used to be, but he's still a handful. If he's brought on fresh against tiring players, he'll cause them trouble.

I agree, he's nowhere near as quick as he was, but disagree he's a handful. He's come on a few times this season and failed to make any impact. In my opinion he's just not good enough anymore.

If he's offered 2 years, he might go, but he'll be on a decent wage at Hibs and will undoubtedly be able to get another year's contract elsewhere after he ;leaves us.

This is the sticking point i think?

hibsbollah
26-05-2012, 11:06 AM
I dont particularly rate him and i cant see him contributing much next season, but i want him to stay anyway because i love the guy.

Irrational but true.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Not good news.

Kato
26-05-2012, 11:37 AM
man up

Are you trying to get jiggy?

--------
26-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I dont particularly rate him and i cant see him contributing much next season, but i want him to stay anyway because i love the guy.

Irrational but true.

My feelings, too, Bollah. Maybe Nutsy just wants someone with a positive attitude at training and on the bench ...

Heaven knows we need some.

HibbyAndy
26-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I love Ivan but he was finished as a football player a long time ago, He contributed nothing atall last season, A total waste of a wage.

Brebners Bookie
26-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Love his enthusiam but never beats a man these days and cannot pas or shoot so off load if we can

I agree he has been sub par this season but don't forget he has had some good days and has ended up with 4 goals and some good assists. I think he still has something to offer with better players around him.

Brebners Bookie
26-05-2012, 11:54 AM
I love Ivan but he was finished as a football player a long time ago, He contributed nothing atall last season, A total waste of a wage.

Again the stats say he contributed more than most. Hopefully still has something left.

chinaman
26-05-2012, 12:12 PM
And thats your opinion, your entitled to that! Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. My opinion is that we developed him, he went south,failed and came back to us. As bad a wide player I have seen! Ask any defender in the SPL. boy david never had a nose ,his doctor made him one . everyone doesnt have a nose so you`re wrong pal.

PISTOL1875
26-05-2012, 12:44 PM
THis is exactly on of the main reasons why HIbs are in the position that they are in.. IS is crap..

Disco Dave
26-05-2012, 12:53 PM
He's definitely past his best but I'd be happy to have him for another season, still has something to offer.

ekhibee
26-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Sproule has just not got any of the qualities left that made him such an important player for Hibs the 1st time round. Now he's almost a new version of Ian Murray, not really good enough to cut it in the 1st team anymore but committed to the cause. This sounds harsh, but funds for Fenlon are going to be limited in the forthcoming season, do we really think we should be hanging onto the past like this when we are very probably one of the favourites to go down to Div 1? We need changes in virtually all areas of the park, we also need some players that can act as adequate cover when injuries happen, as they will, keeping players in the squad who don't command a regular place in the 1st team or don't provide good cover are to me, sadly, a luxury we just can't afford right now. He's given me and most Hibs fans some really brilliant memories, and I would always wish somebody like Ivan the very best of luck, but I just don't think now is the time to hang on to players who offer as little to the team as he does nowadays, cruel as that may sound, although that's just my opinion.

Violater
26-05-2012, 03:00 PM

Totally agree. :agree:

fat freddy
26-05-2012, 06:10 PM
im glad ivan is staying...we need continuity when the new team arrives and ivan, at the moment, is the best link to recent past glories that we have....if anyone can relate the requirements and demands of the club to the next batch of signings, it's ivan.

Judas Iscariot
26-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Which one of our other midfielders scored more goals our got more assists than Ivan last season?

Sunny1875
26-05-2012, 06:41 PM

Some of the games i watched over the last couple of seasons Pat would hae strolled through them and still picked up (Old) Man of the Match award

Wilson
26-05-2012, 06:46 PM
im glad ivan is staying...we need continuity when the new team arrives and ivan, at the moment, is the best link to recent past glories that we have....if anyone can relate the requirements and demands of the club to the next batch of signings, it's ivan.

Rubbish. He was pish in a pish era. Is that the kind of continuity we want? For all he knows about the requirements and demands of the club it didn't help him raise his game any when we needed it.

Finished. If we want to get to the right end of the table from where we are we need to dump such duff players.

Beefster
26-05-2012, 06:50 PM
boy david never had a nose ,his doctor made him one . everyone doesnt have a nose so you`re wrong pal.

The boy David had a nose until a disease destroyed it.

fat freddy
26-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Rubbish. He was pish in a pish era. Is that the kind of continuity we want? For all he knows about the requirements and demands of the club it didn't help him raise his game any when we needed it.

Finished. If we want to get to the right end of the table from where we are we need to dump such duff players.

interesting that you view the era when ivan signed as pish....he played in hibs teams with murphy,jones,whitaker,brown,thomson,shiels,fletche r,o'connor,riordan,killen and beuzelin to name a few.

brydekirk
26-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Bad move Pat.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Special memories against the huns at Ibrox but unforturnately he no longer get the bums off seats when he comes on (unless they're going for a pee or a pie :greengrin ). Think the money he's getting paid could have been put to better use.

I like Ivan but IMHO the time has come to say thanks and cheerio.

BarneyK
26-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Bad move Pat.

Bad move? What do you want Pat to do, he's contracted for another year? Nowt to do with Fenlon that. As it happens, quite happy for Ivan to stay and complement the side that Pat's putting together.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Waste of a shirt since he came back and anyone that says he can make an impact from the bench has been stuck in a timewarp since Ivan's first stint at Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Which one of our other midfielders scored more goals our got more assists than Ivan last season?

Q. Which of our other midfielders are better footballers than Ivan?

A. All of them!

green glory
26-05-2012, 08:24 PM
I'd like to see Ivan played as a pure striker.

stoneyburn hibs
26-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Ivan , good for us 1st time round , pash now and has not produced since he came back and im actually disappointed that he has 1 year left, time to move on

FitbaFolkKen
26-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Could we just be trying to get some cash out of St J?

Dirkster23
26-05-2012, 08:51 PM

What did Ivan have? 4 goals and a few assists? All that proves is how bad our whole midfield is.

If we're looking at breaking into the top 6 next season, we really need better in the middle of the park, wingers that can actually beat their man and deliver decent crosses.

Nuitdelune
26-05-2012, 08:58 PM
I know there is no room for sentiment but considering how loyal Ivan has been to Hibs and what he went through when away, there is no need to abuse the lad as opposed to find fault in his technical ability

danhibees1875
26-05-2012, 09:09 PM
He didn't make my initial list of Hibs players I would like to be kept at the club for next year - it was a rather exclusive list right enough. However, if he is staying then he shall more than get my full support, as will any player PF deems worthy of playing for the Hibs. :aok:

Mon the Ivan!

Kato
26-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I know there is no room for sentiment but considering how loyal Ivan has been to Hibs and what he went through when away, there is no need to abuse the lad as opposed to find fault in his technical ability

:top marks

Famous5forever
27-05-2012, 09:22 AM

Agreed he unfortunatly is finished as a player time he was put out to pasture.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Ivan is such an enigma. Good in a good team, great in a great team. But in a bad team?

Andy74
27-05-2012, 10:05 AM
I'd like us to try the novel approach of playing wingers who either have pace or some trickery. Sproule has neither of those things just now.

snooky
27-05-2012, 02:08 PM

I just hope Ivan doesn't read this thread.
He came on and ran his guts out for a lost cause last weekend and did his best to stop us getting a real doing.

Hibiza
27-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Sorry Ivan, u done nothing except cash your cheques in. :taxi

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2012, 02:17 PM
He came on and ran his guts out for a lost cause last weekend and did his best to stop us getting a real doing.

I have never understood it when someone says that? Should we only post our opinions on message boards that players dont look at?

If players dont want to see negative things written about them, then supporters message boards should be the last place they frequent.

woodythehibee
27-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Ivan does still have pace. I've seen glimpses of it this season. Possibly a lack of confidence or fans swearing at him constantly prevents him doing it more often. In fact, even the lack of quality in midfield has had an impact on ivans game. Nobody really puts the ball in behind for him to run onto which is a key part of his game

Hibiza
27-05-2012, 02:47 PM
sorry, glimpsies not good enough, need a consistent performer.

yeezus.
27-05-2012, 03:06 PM

:aok:

woodythehibee
27-05-2012, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=Hibiza;3247402]sorry, glimpsies not good enough, need a consistent performer.

He's been a sub for many of the games. As I said the team doesnt seem to play to his strengths which is running onto the ball. Good squad player

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2012, 03:22 PM
sorry, glimpsies not good enough, need a consistent performer.

:agree: We have a squad of players who show the odd glimpse of form every now and again.

Stack showed great shop stopping skills, but was criticised for never coming off his line.

Brown even worse than Stack, does he ever save a shot thats going to the side of him?

Doherty, the odd good game, them lapses of concentration leads to a goal.

McPake is probably the only one to escape any stick.

Hanlon the odd good game, but apparently needs Mcpake to play beside him as without him there, he's lost?

Kujabi, where do i start? All over the place defensively, sometimes ok going forward but nowhere near good enough.

Soares, heart the size of a pea, the odd glimpse of form here and there.

O'Sbourne, probably merits a 6 every game on average, because thats what he is.

Stevenson, in the team because we basically dont have anyone better.

Claros, what does he bring to the team other than more mediocrity?

Griffiths, shows some decent form, then gets suspended for daft challenges or v signs to the crowd.

O'conner, another who has shown brief glimpses of form, then long periods of huff and puff.

Sproule and Wotherspoon both show the odd bit of form, maybe 2 or 3 times a season.

The rest are poor to very poor players, bar booth who might have a future at Hibs.

Take your time and think about each and every player we have, and ask yourself just which ones are better than any of the teams above us in the SPL, you wont have a very big list.

Quality is sadly lacking at easter road, and getting all sentimental over what players can do once every hayleys comet visit, or what they did 4 years ago wont make them better.

snooky
27-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I have never understood it when someone says that? Should we only post our opinions on message boards that players dont look at?

If players dont want to see negative things written about them, then supporters message boards should be the last place they frequent.

To clarify, that's exactly my point, BH.
I hope he doesn't frequent this thread - or indeed Hibsnet.

Andy74
27-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Ivan does still have pace. I've seen glimpses of it this season. Possibly a lack of confidence or fans swearing at him constantly prevents him doing it more often. In fact, even the lack of quality in midfield has had an impact on ivans game. Nobody really puts the ball in behind for him to run onto which is a key part of his game

There were quite a few occasions where you would have fancied Ivan to beat someone to the ball or go by someone. Just about every time he showed he can't do it anymore.

Godsahibby
27-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Waste of a wage if this is true. Loved Ivan the first time round but has proven this season he isn't anywhere near tha same player, it's been worse than a man down with him in the team at times this season. Thanks for the memories but surely we can get better for the wages.

Dirkster23
27-05-2012, 03:43 PM

I've not seen anything this season that suggests Ian wants the ball played so he can run on to it. He never makes a run forcing the player with the ball to knock it past the fullback and seems happier taking that ball around the halfway line.

Leishy1995
27-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Ivan Sproule, on his day, unplayable. Not on his day, not a first division player.
Ivan this season has been able to show me though, that if he passes the ball. It often doesn't reach it's intended target. When he dribbles he usually looks like he might threaten defence.
I have not got a clue what I'd do with him now though.

Beefster
28-05-2012, 06:19 AM

I agree. Ivan and every single one of the players this season is really awesome, especially the ones who run about a bit.

IWasThere2016
28-05-2012, 06:32 AM

Agreed.

RIP
28-05-2012, 10:17 PM

I bet your blood doesn't show on a maroon shirt :vladsheep:

darwenhibby
29-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I said on a previous thread Ivan & GOC are not what Hibs need at the moment

HibbyAndy
29-05-2012, 05:30 PM

If we could morph O'connors ability into Sproule's enthusiam then id give him a contract for life, Unfortunately that doesn't work.Id bin Sproule.

weecounty hibby
29-05-2012, 06:23 PM

Spot on. The rebuilding has to be started without these guys. Both have given us great memories and effort but times change and we should move on. GOC probably kept us up with his goals and Ivan played his part too but they are both shadows of their former selves and are not whats required to move us onwards and upwards

IberianHibernian
29-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Talk of binning him but he`s got another year on contract ( whether CC or Petrie , decision to give him a 2 - year deal was just ridiculous - did anyone from Hibs watch him last season before signing him ? ) so we`ll have to keep him for another year , hope someone will agree to take him off wage bill or pay him off . Fenlon has got a massive task building a new team and normally you`d hope to have a few experienced players to get continuity but when your experienced players are Sproule , GOC ,Murray .. option of paying off contracts or not offering new ones is an obvious one .

heretoday
29-05-2012, 09:35 PM
If we'd been relegated he would have been an asset in the lower league but if we are aiming for top six he's got no chance. Subs bench again.

Famous5forever
31-05-2012, 10:44 AM
:agree: We have a squad of players who show the odd glimpse of form every now and again.

Stack showed great shop stopping skills, but was criticised for never coming off his line.

Brown even worse than Stack, does he ever save a shot thats going to the side of him?

Doherty, the odd good game, them lapses of concentration leads to a goal.

McPake is probably the only one to escape any stick.

Hanlon the odd good game, but apparently needs Mcpake to play beside him as without him there, he's lost?

Kujabi, where do i start? All over the place defensively, sometimes ok going forward but nowhere near good enough.

Soares, heart the size of a pea, the odd glimpse of form here and there.

O'Sbourne, probably merits a 6 every game on average, because thats what he is.

Stevenson, in the team because we basically dont have anyone better.

Claros, what does he bring to the team other than more mediocrity?

Griffiths, shows some decent form, then gets suspended for daft challenges or v signs to the crowd.

O'conner, another who has shown brief glimpses of form, then long periods of huff and puff.

Sproule and Wotherspoon both show the odd bit of form, maybe 2 or 3 times a season.

The rest are poor to very poor players, bar booth who might have a future at Hibs.

Take your time and think about each and every player we have, and ask yourself just which ones are better than any of the teams above us in the SPL, you wont have a very big list.

Quality is sadly lacking at easter road, and getting all sentimental over what players can do once every hayleys comet visit, or what they did 4 years ago wont make them better.

You are right and lets hope Paddy gets rid of the dross and he can bring in much better players we have to many squad players who have the odd good game but most of the time are gash. The starting 11 for our first game of the new season hopefully will have at least 7 fresh players in it that Paddy has identified and recruited Petrie has to back him with hard cash though.

gegs70
31-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I like Ivan when he first joined hibs fast and direct...and he enjoyed his time with us. But sadly he has list a lot of his pace still has the passion but thats not quite enough anymore....time for him to move on.

BarneyK
31-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Talk of binning him but he`s got another year on contract ( whether CC or Petrie , decision to give him a 2 - year deal was just ridiculous - did anyone from Hibs watch him last season before signing him ? ) so we`ll have to keep him for another year , hope someone will agree to take him off wage bill or pay him off . Fenlon has got a massive task building a new team and normally you`d hope to have a few experienced players to get continuity but when your experienced players are Sproule , GOC ,Murray .. option of paying off contracts or not offering new ones is an obvious one .

I agree. We really shouldn't waste any more money paying off players. In the case of Ivan, I would happily have him as a squad player, an impact player, but if someone were to come in for him, we shouldn't be hard to deal with. I really don't think he's as bad as some are making out, even if he wouldn't necessarily be in my first eleven.

snooky
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8404896.stm
Ivan's best goal ever? (Alas, it was with Bristol City).