PDA

View Full Version : never mind who we need, who else needs to go?

monktonharp
25-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I have not really found out or heard exactually which players have left Hibernian, over the last few days or since the derby debacle or whatever. I did hear that the majority, or possibly the "lot" of our loan signings are offski.I will however, state that imho as a seasoned/season ticket holder Hibs fan , think that as long as we continue to play with players in crucial positions( I suppose every position is crucial if we're pretty pish) like midfield and defence, then we should release WitherspoON,HanlON, and StevensON, as they have all underperformed over the last 2 seasons. I know this will upset or annoy quite a few on here but bring it on and tell me otherwise! 2 of them, according to my best mate, have done great stuff in a dark blue jersey. fair enough but it's a green jersey club that pays their real wages! the other one, has been voted players player and fans player of the year blah blah. that was not a hard thing, this year to win! again, the player involved, has lived on the fact that he was awarded mom, in a final, several years ago as a laddie, and has definately not improved. he couldnae hit a coo's erse wi' a banjo, when it comes tae his passing, unless he slips it back or sideways. just not good enough! Hanlon: well what can be said, other than the numerous posts on here about his performances/ a bomb scare, accident waiting to happen on lots of occasions, better next to an experienced player blahblah! we had the same pish when big Jones left, when his partner was like a fish oot o' water! Witherspoon, I think that he was really full of promise, when Yogi was here and lots of people said...........laddie's gettin' wasted, needs a rest and aw that. how much of a rest does he need and how many chances does he need tae put his mark on a game.I think we're better wi a man short when he comes on! he runs aboot,points here,there,everywhere but continually daes nothin!! I am fed up watching players,that have came through the ranks in recent seasons full of promise,and yet have yet to fulfill said promise.suppose I'm despondant a bit, but I really believe that if we continue reallying on players of this calibre, we are gaun naewhere!

IWasThere2016
25-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Not one of Spoon, Hanlon or Stevenson will be released - but,for all, next season is last chance saloon IMHO.

muirhousehibby
25-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Not one of Spoon, Hanlon or Stevenson will be released - but,for all, next season is last chance saloon IMHO.

Hanlon might not be at hibs for long once the window opens, there alot of interest in him from english clubs.

The problem with paul hanlon is hibs have tried to convert him into defender and scotland u21 also see him in that role. He spent his his youth in the midfield which is where hibs spotted him and liked what they seen to sign him.

Now hibs again have done the same with Booth who also played midfield for Haddington.

Sir David Gray
25-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Considering the fact that James McPake and Leigh Griffiths are no longer Hibs players, I couldn't care less if the whole current squad left tomorrow.

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2012, 12:00 AM
stevenson just signed a 12 month extension a few weeks back(against my wishes:wink:) so no chance of him going anywhere

down-the-slope
26-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Hanlon is the only player of real transfer value we have (regardless of what others think of him) He will go on do much higher things..I hope we have hime another couple of years but doubt it as we will need fees.

Spoony is an odd one as he was for me only the 4th best players in double winning u19s..with Moyes / Smith / Welch all ahead of him - it beggars the question why the other 3 are gone / behind him. He is decent but has suffered from being able to fulfill several positions in a team that has been poor

sauzee=legend
26-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Hanlon won't make it at any other club that's bigger than us. He is to slow, can't read the game, pushed off the ball far to easy and when he plays against a big striker he gets bullied - so IMO sell him ASAP, snap up McPake ASAP and bring in an experience centre half along with a good box controlling goalkeeper then you will have the foundations of a decent team for next season.

Don Giovanni
26-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Hanlon is the only player of real transfer value we have (regardless of what others think of him) He will go on do much higher things..I hope we have hime another couple of years but doubt it as we will need fees.

Spoony is an odd one as he was for me only the 4th best players in double winning u19s..with Moyes / Smith / Welch all ahead of him - it beggars the question why the other 3 are gone / behind him. He is decent but has suffered from being able to fulfill several positions in a team that has been poor

I saw Moyes playing for Gateshead last season and he was poor at that level.
He was released as soon as his 6month contract was up.

I also liked the look of Welsh when he was coming through but the fact that he couldn't get a game in front of some of the poorest Hibs midfielders ever to pull on the jersey speaks volumes.
There are also reports that he was a bit of a billy-big-baws as well - which I'm sure hasn't helped his cause.

LioNeilMessi
26-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm astonished that there are people on here that think we can bin all of our players and have the resources left to sign 20 better players.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm astonished that there are people on here that think we can bin all of our players and have the resources left to sign 20 better players.

I dont think many are saying that they do think that, most are saying they wouldnt care if they all left?

We all know thats not going to happen, and we will have some of the dross left.

My hope is we sign some good players, that the dross can fill in with, and over the next few transfer windows, they are shifted and replaced with better.

ekhibee
26-05-2012, 03:49 PM
I dont think many are saying that they do think that, most are saying they wouldnt care if they all left?

We all know thats not going to happen, and we will have some of the dross left.

My hope is we sign some good players, that the dross can fill in with, and over the next few transfer windows, they are shifted and replaced with better.

Yep, agreed, we will definitely be left with some dross, I suppose the question is how much of it!

Steven_Hibs
26-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Hanlon won't make it at any other club that's bigger than us. He is to slow, can't read the game, pushed off the ball far to easy and when he plays against a big striker he gets bullied - so IMO sell him ASAP, snap up McPake ASAP and bring in an experience centre half along with a good box controlling goalkeeper then you will have the foundations of a decent team for next season.

:top marksI agree 100%