PDA

View Full Version : Was it Worth It?

since 1954
25-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Would you have rather gone out in an earlier round and avoided the humiliation of last Saturday?
Given the joy of the semi final win, the great build up to the final and the fact that the club must have made about £1m for players, on balance I am probably pleased we got there but not sure. What do you think?

puff the dragon
25-05-2012, 02:51 PM
If the Hibs are ever going to win the cup then we need to get into as many finals as possible so I'm glad we made the final.

If it's not the Hibs then as far as I am concerned the winners are an irrlevance to me regardless of who they are. Couldn't give a monkey's chuff about any other team.

neilmartinrocks
25-05-2012, 02:52 PM
of course it was worth it.
we got into a cup final, ok it was a tad disapointing but yes....worth it all day long.

Just Alf
25-05-2012, 02:53 PM
If the Hibs are ever going to win the cup then we need to get into as many finals as possible so I'm glad we made the final.

If it's not the Hibs then as far as I am concerned the winners are an irrlevance to me regardless of who they are. Couldn't give a monkey's chuff about any other team.

:thumbsup: ........... :top marks

homielang
25-05-2012, 02:59 PM
The build-up was great, winning the Semi, and if we had been beaten 5-1 by someone else I would say yes it was worth it, but not losing to the Jambos.

HibsMax
25-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Yes.

puff the dragon
25-05-2012, 03:04 PM
The build-up was great, winning the Semi, and if we had been beaten 5-1 by someone else I would say yes it was worth it, but not losing to the Jambos.

To fear losing to them is the risk of developing thier mentality lad.

Spoke to alot of Hertz fans myself and they are more happy about Hibs not winning the cup than Hearts actually winning the thing.

Not fearing defeat and accepting we were beaten by a better team on the day is what places us higher up than them in the class stakes. If the Hibs had decided to try on Saturday and managed to win the thing, the vast majority of us would be celebrating Hibs success rather than Hearts failure.

homielang
25-05-2012, 03:12 PM
To fear losing to them is the risk of developing thier mentality lad.

Spoke to alot of Hertz fans myself and they are more happy about Hibs not winning the cup than Hearts actually winning the thing.

Not fearing defeat and accepting we were beaten by a better team on the day is what places us higher up than them in the class stakes. If the Hibs had decided to try on Saturday and managed to win the thing, the vast majority of us would be celebrating Hibs success rather than Hearts failure.

True. Winning the Cup is definitely most important. It is having to hear the nonsense after.

puff the dragon
25-05-2012, 03:15 PM
True. Winning the Cup is definitely most important. It is having to hear the nonsense after.

Rise above it, take it on the chin and remember - they are all flanges anyway so who cares what they think/say/exist for.

We are the Hibs and a bunch of imposters on the park and gloating part time hertz tubes ain't going to change that.

We'll be back, we've come back from worse.

since 1954
25-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Would you rather have gone out in an earlier round and avoided the humiliation and despair of last Saturday?
We got a great day at the semi, a great build up to the final and about £1m to spend on players but was it worth it?
On balance probably yes but not sure.

One Day Soon
25-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Would you have rather gone out in an earlier round and avoided the humiliation of last Saturday?
Given the joy of the semi final win, the great build up to the final and the fact that the club must have made about £1m for players, on balance I am probably pleased we got there but not sure. What do you think?

Are you a Hibs supporter?

Hermit Crab
25-05-2012, 03:20 PM
No I want to get to every final regardless who we play against. Yes it was worth it. We got beat but that's what happens.

Kris1875
25-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Even from the early rounds there is always the excitement of will we do it? is this the year? then going to Hampden which is a good day out, the nervousness turning to jubilation of making the final . And of course the final itself , less said about the game/ref the better!!! but the build up , I never slept for weeks the week leading up to it was immense the constant chat between everyone the banter with any ****bo's I know even the atmosphere from our end was amazing !! Would I do it again ? You bet your life I would !!! Next time though can someone hand the hibs players the script and let them know that we've to win the damn thing !! GGTTH !!

Onion
25-05-2012, 03:22 PM

Just what i was thinking .....

gegs70
25-05-2012, 03:27 PM
yes definately worthwhile money we made getting to a final etc and the fact that we sold a few extra season tickets makes up for a few bad seasons!

puff the dragon
25-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Just what i was thinking .....

Let's give him at face value and say yes he is a Hibs fan as he's on a Hibs forum.

It would take a really sad individual to otherwise pretend to be a Hibs fan just to get a debate sparked amongst Hibs fans so he can knock one out to the responses along with his Hertz pals.

Don't let the questions put you off since 1954 - glory glory to the Hibees!

bob12345
25-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I think we will only know the answer to that next season. We've been dealt a historic defeat which will be remembered for as long as we all live. But we've been given a platform to invest in better players for next season, who will play in front of a bigger crowd.

If we can use this platform wisely and enjoy some success over the coming years, then yes, it will be a good thing. If it's same old same old, I'd probably have preferred to exit before the final!

One Day Soon
25-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Would you rather have gone out in an earlier round and avoided the humiliation and despair of last Saturday?
We got a great day at the semi, a great build up to the final and about £1m to spend on players but was it worth it?

Twa Cairpets
25-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I'd prefer to get there every year regardless of what happens in the final, who we play against or what the aftermath is

If you dont want to get there, whats the point in entering.

LeithBoozy
25-05-2012, 03:38 PM
The money benefits next season for Hibs, should answer your question for you. We would have been struggling to bring-in any new players without it.

jazzy7070
25-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Yup I would rather have bn pumped out by Aberdeen in the semi than having that game hanging over our heads for our lifetime,and yes I'm a Hibs supporter

R'Albin
25-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Pumping the sheep ****gers out the Semi? Of course it was worth it :agree:

DH1875
25-05-2012, 04:01 PM

IF they club invest anything like £1m on players for next season it will almost certainly be worth it.

By the way, they won't.

down-the-slope
25-05-2012, 04:08 PM
YES!

if it were not for the final and the cup run cash / ST sales / shop sales....I actually think we may have slipped further down the tree and maybe never recovered ever.

We now have a year to just maybe recover and get ourselfs into an upward cycle

Also the lame failure of the final means there is much more chance of the radical measures that are needed to be taken as our weaknesses were so exposed.

SouthamptonHibs
25-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Hard one for me. I had two good nights out in Edinburgh before thd final had a great day wi mates and family before the game and after the game had a good night out in Leith wi mates singing we'll support u ever more even ended up in a club up town wi my Hibs top and scarf on. 10/10 result 0/10 plus the life time off bad memories + worst result in our history.

vein
25-05-2012, 04:34 PM

I'm completley taken in by all this, hook line and sinker :rolleyes:

MSK
25-05-2012, 04:35 PM
On balance probably yes but not sure.No ..getting to the Scottish cup final is a good achievement no matter who you play ..its on the day & over 90 minutes ..just depends if we turn up or not ..remember the tramps were taken to penalties by the mighty GRETNA !!! imagine the tramp humiliation had they lost that .. :wink:

lapsedhibee
25-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Tbh I'd rather we just withdrew from the league before the season starts, in case we lose some games in it. I wouldn't fancy getting relegated three seasons in a row and have to face another derby like the one we just lost.

Jones28
25-05-2012, 04:55 PM
It was ****.

There's no getting away from that.

But the build-up, the excitment, the Semi against Aberdeen and the day itself were all worth it :flag:

Killiehibbie
25-05-2012, 05:34 PM
It's the reason we support our team year after year, ok we got beat but if you're not in it you can't win it. I told Killie fans who refused to attend League Cup final, as they knew Celtic would hammer them, not to be so stupid as only 2 teams had a chance of winning that game as the rest were out. Bring them on next year again and if we get beat the year after that.

givescotlandfreedom
25-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Yes, it's given a lot of lonely Jambo weirdos a chance a reason to continue their spawny existances a bit longer by logging onto Hibs.net and being able to pretend they're socially acceptable, ten fingered human beings for a while. I'm happy we gave them that :agree:

Dinkydoo
25-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Absolutely, the semi final was a fantastic day out and the club could always do with increased ST and 'cup run' money.

Fenlon just needs to make sure the next time we play them its 8 - 0 :wink:

since 1954
25-05-2012, 06:55 PM
It's the reason we support our team year after year, ok we got beat but if you're not in it you can't win it. I told Killie fans who refused to attend League Cup final, as they knew Celtic would hammer them, not to be so stupid as only 2 teams had a chance of winning that game as the rest were out. Bring them on next year again and if we get beat the year after that.

Don't understand why my support of club is questioned for asking a simple question. After all there have been plenty of posts saying last Saturday as the worst day of their life. For the record as my name implies I saw my first game in 1954 and I was at every cup game this season as well as trips to Inverness etc.

Barman Stanton
25-05-2012, 07:18 PM
In hindsight I would rather Aberdeen had beaten us in the Semi. The end result in the final is one that we will never beat, and regardless what we do from now on they will always have that against us.

I just hope that the extra money we made from the final can go some way towards giving us a team we can at least be proud of again.

The_Todd
25-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Jesus, there's some drama queens here. Dust yourselves down, and just be glad that we got to the final considering the absolute garbage we've had all season.

The_Todd
25-05-2012, 08:35 PM
In hindsight I would rather Aberdeen had beaten us in the Semi. The end result in the final is one that we will never beat, and regardless what we do from now on they will always have that against us.

I just hope that the extra money we made from the final can go some way towards giving us a team we can at least be proud of again.

Depends on how much you care what the maroon plums say? For one, I don't care personally.

lyonhibs
25-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Some folk want to strap on a pair.

Hibs got to a Scottish Cup Final. Will the fact that we got pumped by The Filth take away the semi-final elation, Sunshine on Leith at the final whistle, the pre-match build-up in pubs and in the stadium for the final?

No - it won't even lessen it. It was terrible to watch us crumble, but we'll be back, and I actually do believe - for the 1st time since Mowbray (maybe Collins) that the right man is at the helm.

:flag:

GGTTH

DMR1875
25-05-2012, 09:18 PM
The most important thing that the day had was to show Glasgow what we can do without them.
Great support from both teams(we won that:top marks). Fair enough we go humped, could be a good thing, showed up what we were following, money grabber's.
For me I had a great day, banter with fellow Hi-bees, trip home on the Hibs.net No6 bus! and a family gathering of both fans at night.

The only part that is still giving me post traumatic stress was between 3-5pm!!!!

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Worth it every time .... getting to Hampden is always worth it.

They might have humped us on the park, but we won the battle off it and would have for the full 90 if our players hadnt conspired to knock the bloody stuffing out of us.

Lets go back next year :thumbsup:

woodyloon
26-05-2012, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=puff the dragon;3245977]If the Hibs are ever going to win the cup then we need to get into as many finals as possible so I'm glad we made the final.

We certainly need to try and get into semi finals and finals on a more regularly, especially if we want to win the Scottish Cup.

If you look at Dundee United and Aberdeen when they were doing well, they reached the semi final and final stages most seasons and then winning became easier.

Hibercelona
26-05-2012, 01:38 PM
The most infuriating thing about it is that Hearts fans "knew" they were going to win.

I got into quite a few arguments with a few of them who were telling me that Hibs weren't going to show up and that Hearts had already won the cup after beating Celtic.

Being a Hibee, I defended our corner and told them that they were wrong and that Hibs would be up for the fight.

Turns out I was wrong and they were right. Now I have to put up with their "I told you so" patter. :fuming:

Hibee D
26-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt! Atmosphere in build up to game and just before kick off is something I'll never forget. Even my sensible Jambo mates admit the noise for our end was unbelievable before kick off. Just a shame we were up for it more than majority of players....

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt! Atmosphere in build up to game and just before kick off is something I'll never forget. Even my sensible Jambo mates admit the noise for our end was unbelievable before kick off. Just a shame we were up for it more than majority of players....

GGTTH

I was talking to my mates wife, who used to run a celtic bus from down here today. And she said it was fantastic, noisier than any old firm game she'd been to. At least we showed the rest of the country there's more to Scottish football than that lot.

SkintHibby
26-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I was talking to my mates wife, who used to run a celtic bus from down here today. And she said it was fantastic, noisier than any old firm game she'd been to. At least we showed the rest of the country there's more to Scottish football than that lot.

Just heard Chick Young a few hours ago on the radio say that the pre-match atmosphere was OUTSTANDING and the only thing he heard that was louder this season was the El Classico he attended recently.:agree: