PDA

View Full Version : All away matches

JohnStephens91
24-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Hi guys, I have come to notice that next season could be the last time I could ever attend all Hibs matches throughout the season as I graduate next year. I want to go out with a bang and go to every single match. All 38 in the league and all in the cups. I have a season ticket with the cup games at home included, but I was wondering how much it would cost roughly, including travel, to go to all the away matches.

For example, I have been to Inverness and including the Megabus there and back it costs me £31 at the most expensive and St. Mirren is only about £20. If anyone can advise me then that would be absolute fantastic because it is something I would dearly love to do!

Carheenlea
24-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Hi guys, I have come to notice that next season could be the last time I could ever attend all Hibs matches throughout the season as I graduate next year. I want to go out with a bang and go to every single match. All 38 in the league and all in the cups. I have a season ticket with the cup games at home included, but I was wondering how much it would cost roughly, including travel, to go to all the away matches.

For example, I have been to Inverness and including the Megabus there and back it costs me £31 at the most expensive and St. Mirren is only about £20. If anyone can advise me then that would be absolute fantastic because it is something I would dearly love to do!

I think the secret here is not to add up what the total cost would be, just take it game by game and budget accordingly! I wouldn`t really like to see how much it costs over a season, although I`m sure our wifes and girlfriends would certainly be keen to see that figure..!

hibee92
24-05-2012, 10:59 PM
I think the secret here is not to add up what the total cost would be, just take it game by game and budget accordingly! I wouldn`t really like to see how much it costs over a season, although I`m sure our wifes and girlfriends would certainly be keen to see that figure..!

This. If you made an estimate you'd be put off because it is going to cost a LOT of money. But taking it game by game it won't seem as daunting. My brother did it a couple years back with a mate and said it was well worth it.

JohnStephens91
24-05-2012, 11:04 PM

It's all okay, I'm single :aok:

wearethehibs
25-05-2012, 08:47 AM
I done it this season (regret it a bit). I wouldn't want to know how much it cost. If you add beer and food to the ticket and travel id say it would be near to £2000 maybe. I stayed in Inverness this season and that was easily £100-£150 for the 1 trip.

hibbybrian
25-05-2012, 08:48 AM

You should try a Supporter's bus as they are usually much cheaper than regular transport, take you directly to the ground / nearby pub and you're in good company for the journey :flag:

wearethehibs
25-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Wait ignore my last post, forgot about the sseason ticket. Still it will be near a grand

DarrenSQH
25-05-2012, 09:03 AM
I did it in season 06/07 and it was brilliant. Just try and sneak into a few games as a concession and it brings the price down.

Baldy Foghorn
25-05-2012, 09:08 AM
You should try a Supporter's bus as they are usually much cheaper than regular transport, take you directly to the ground / nearby pub and you're in good company for the journey :flag:

Indeed, there are 3 or 4 buses that run regularly, check travel forum for details before the away fixture.....

chrisski33
25-05-2012, 09:09 AM
There was me thinking students were skint! Id bite the bullet and just do it and live for the.moment and not worry abouy the cost! Hope it doesnt distract u from ur studies and u still graduate!

Geo_1875
25-05-2012, 09:32 AM
I done it this season (regret it a bit). I wouldn't want to know how much it cost. If you add beer and food to the ticket and travel id say it would be near to £2000 maybe. I stayed in Inverness this season and that was easily £100-£150 for the 1 trip.

£150 for Inverness? Did you not have much to drink then?

DH1875
25-05-2012, 11:48 AM
If you can work it so that you can get another 3 people to travel with you each journey and book in advance then you can do the trains really cheap. Doesn't have to be the same 3 either every trip. For example, Inverness for £48 return for 4 people :thumbsup:.

JohnStephens91
25-05-2012, 07:48 PM
There was me thinking students were skint! Id bite the bullet and just do it and live for the.moment and not worry abouy the cost! Hope it doesnt distract u from ur studies and u still graduate!

I still live at home, a bargain at £80 a month! I work 4 shifts a week during the summer and then 2 during term times on top of £180 or so in bursary. Will need to cutback on the chocolate though.

MSK
25-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I still live at home, a bargain at £80 a month! I work 4 shifts a week during the summer and then 2 during term times on top of £180 or so in bursary. Will need to cutback on the chocolate though.Jeez...better no let my Daughter see that ..she thinks she is hard done by for paying £200 a month !!! :paranoid:

JohnStephens91
25-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Cheers for all the advice guys, I'll look into it before committing to it fully, I just don't want to miss out on the experience of it before I start my career as a journalist. I want to make sure I go out with a bang, and supporters buses are definitely looking like the best option for most of the travel, I'll probably be the one writing out notes at the back!

:flag:

Jones28
25-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Write a book about it and get some of the money back at least :greengrin

clerriehibs
26-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Indeed, there are 3 or 4 buses that run regularly, check travel forum for details before the away fixture.....

Only 3 or 4 now regular?!?! Back in the day must have been 15 or so ...