PDA

View Full Version : Positives from Hampden

shezer
24-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Took the scenic route to Hampden last week.Cork to Belfast to Glasgow.It was a lone trip given none of my buddies support Hibs(celtic of course).I went on the promise of a ticket from a poster on this forum.Now I must admit I was thinking it would be 50/50 whether this lad would show up or would i be directed to a hotel full of yams.Sure enough the lad showed up at kings park hotel.I went there with a fellow Cork City fan that I was lucky to meet on the plane who had no ticket also.Now here are the positives

Having met this chap he sold me my ticket at face value.He invited myself and my city buddy into the function room in the hotel.He introduced us to his family and friends and they welcomed us as if we were one of their own.Following that they asked almost every supporter in the function room for a spare ticket for my buddy which we could not get.They insisted we take their booked out bus to the ground with them to find a ticket.Sure enough they got him a ticket at face value outside the ground.Every Hibs supporter we met and asked about a ticket had rang buddies and buddies of buddies to get us a ticket.YOU CAN'T GET THAT TYPE OF WELCOME AND SUPPORTER ANYWHERE.So take a bow all of you.

A personal positive from the whole trip was that all my buddies from cork had kept constant contact with me throughout the trip and I actually think it opened some eyes and gained some support for this great club.

Anyway Hibernian Till I Die
Thanks for reading
GGTTH

FranckSuzy
24-05-2012, 10:03 PM
OK, bear with me! Barring the money raised, to me it's the things like the atmosphere, friendships forged/renewed, families being brought together, fellow fans helping each other out i.e. with tickets. Barring the result obviously, for me the lead up to the day was immense and up until half-time, the day itself was fantastic. I met loads of fellow Hibbys, got 3 a ticket (legit!) and hell, even work was a pleasure as all the talk was about the final/tickets and I enjoyed the buzz and general feeling of 'what if'?

Special thanks to Blackpool Hibs, London Hibs FC and Cyprus Hibby for tickets and to Lester B for a wonderful thread, which many more posters movingly contributed to. Also Mikey for organising the buses, JennaFletcher for being so understanding (:greengrin) and to Section 43 for an outstanding display and fantastic effort. Oh, and the guys and gals who travelled from all over the globe to support our club, I salute you :not worth. GGTTH :flag:

S4uzee
24-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Took the scenic route to Hampden last week.Cork to Belfast to Glasgow.It was a lone trip given none of my buddies support Hibs(celtic of course).I went on the promise of a ticket from a poster on this forum.Now I must admit I was thinking it would be 50/50 whether this lad would show up or would i be directed to a hotel full of yams.Sure enough the lad showed up at kings park hotel.I went there with a fellow Cork City fan that I was lucky to meet on the plane who had no ticket also.Now here are the positives

Having met this chap he sold me my ticket at face value.He invited myself and my city buddy into the function room in the hotel.He introduced us to his family and friends and they welcomed us as if we were one of their own.Following that they asked almost every supporter in the function room for a spare ticket for my buddy which we could not get.They insisted we take their booked out bus to the ground with them to find a ticket.Sure enough they got him a ticket at face value outside the ground.Every Hibs supporter we met and asked about a ticket had rang buddies and buddies of buddies to get us a ticket.YOU CAN'T GET THAT TYPE OF WELCOME AND SUPPORTER ANYWHERE.So take a bow all of you.

A personal positive from the whole trip was that all my buddies from cork had kept constant contact with me throughout the trip and I actually think it opened some eyes and gained some support for this great club.

Thanks for reading
GGTTH
Good story mate, glad to hear it. At least you found a positive

FranckSuzy
24-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Brilliant! I started a thread on positives from the final before I read this. Good to hear.

JennaFletcher
24-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Bus no 6 was the positive for me! really good fun and really perked me up after the loss. Never underestimate the niceness of Hibees :thumbsup:

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-05-2012, 10:20 PM

Thanks for reading
GGTTH

:aok:

Hibs fans are the most humble, charitable, hospitable and passionate you will find in Scotland.

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience and i believe there will be better things to come.

You and your friends will always be welcome.

CallumLaidlaw
24-05-2012, 10:21 PM
The Kings Park hotel was a highlight of the day.

The pre match build up at Hampden was superb.

The card & flag display was awesome

The fact I never bought a program was very pleasing

"Pat on the Back" of the Hibs Massteria caused us great amusement all day!

Eyrie
24-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I'll stick my neck out and say this could be a launchpad for the next four to five years.

With all the season tickets that have been sold for next year because of the final, there will be plenty of fans at the games and a successful team on the park will keep them coming back with all the financial benefits that will give us. Our prospects of success are also improved by the changes at other clubs - Rangers in financial difficulty, Hearts cutting back their overspending and Motherwell announcing a much reduced player budget.

Of course, if we have another poor year it will be a clusterbleep which will put most of the fans off ever coming back.

So it's up to Fenlon to put a successful and entertaining team on the park for us.

The_Todd
24-05-2012, 10:33 PM
The biggest positive for me is if we reached the final with that shower of duds, imagine what we could do with a proper team on the pitch.

Minder
24-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Support unified in belief was our day. Board take note re potential fan base.

:flag:

Sir David Gray
24-05-2012, 10:59 PM
The build up to the final was superb, last Friday night and Saturday morning was really exciting and the drive through to Hampden was also excellent, pumping out all the Hibs tunes from my car!

Just a pity the game had to kick off, really! :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
24-05-2012, 10:59 PM
The support and atmosphere before the Final was electric. We've not owned Hearts off the pitch like that in my lifetime, and it felt great.

Until 3pm.

LeithBoozy
24-05-2012, 11:17 PM
The atmosphere really was brilliant, after the card display was over. A right bounce inducing record was playing and it seemed that every Hibby and I meen every Hibby was waving a flag. I was in awe looking at the sea of Green, it really brought a tear to my eyes. To have such a backing, after the season we had endured, just confirmed to me what a great support we have. :flag:

heretoday
24-05-2012, 11:32 PM
The biggest positive for me is if we reached the final with that shower of duds, imagine what we could do with a proper team on the pitch.

My thoughts entirely.

hiblander
24-05-2012, 11:39 PM
None, good for Paul Fenlon, good for hibs fans to get beat again,

but really theres **** all like a trip down from Stornoway to Hampden to watch your team get gubbed 5 -1 and whats worse....doing it twice in !!

You imagine the trip. Or just do it on Holiday.

London Hibs FC
24-05-2012, 11:42 PM
OK, bear with me! Barring the money raised, to me it's the things like the atmosphere, friendships forged/renewed, families being brought together, fellow fans helping each other out i.e. with tickets. Barring the result obviously, for me the lead up to the day was immense and up until half-time, the day itself was fantastic. I met loads of fellow Hibbys, got 3 a ticket (legit!) and hell, even work was a pleasure as all the talk was about the final/tickets and I enjoyed the buzz and general feeling of 'what if'?

Special thanks to Blackpool Hibs, London Hibs FC and Cyprus Hibby for tickets and to Lester B for a wonderful thread, which many more posters movingly contributed to. Also Mikey for organising the buses, JennaFletcher for being so understanding (:greengrin) and to Section 43 for an outstanding display and fantastic effort. Oh, and the guys and gals who travelled from all over the globe to support our club, I salute you :not worth. GGTTH :flag:

Largely through my job, I’ve been fortunate enough to have travelled the world witnessing some incredible scenes and I really believe I have a true understanding of what is to be in awe.

However, I don’t think I’ve ever been as overwhelmed as the run up to the final..... for me nothing I’ve ever done has yet come close.

For someone who has lived away from Edinburgh for 20 years or so, it was all about family, friends and the common thread that we have of Hibernian FC which is something which I know will never go away.

I couldn’t hide the feelings I had when I got to the top of the steps at Hampden and saw a sea of green and heard the noise coming from our support, I was bubbling like a bairn when a Hibby I had never met before hugged me and shouted “This is what it’s all about Bud, C’mon the Hibees” …………. He’s right, for me being a Hibby is what it’s all about.

We can be proud of ourselves as a support and a ‘family’ as we showed a togetherness on the 19th May which was nothing short of awesome, I just hope and pray that this solidarity and passion can be transferred to these players who, over the next few seasons, are fortunate enough to wear the jersey of Hibernian FC as I never want to see my Club disgraced like that on the pitch again!

It was lovely to meet you Suzy and I hope you had a cracking weekend with the family, I caught up with mates after the game…………….. dissected the match, talked of what could have been, laughed, cried, got a wee bit drunk and woke up Sunday morning thinking 2013 has got to be our year :wink:

GGTTH

hiblander
24-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Largely through my job, I’ve been fortunate enough to have travelled the world witnessing some incredible scenes and I really believe I have a true understanding of what is to be in awe.

GGTTH

Very beautiful you made it there but every Hibee who was there 4 years previous should have known it was gonna happen.

London Hibs FC
24-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Very beautiful you made it there but every Hibee who was there 4 years previous should have known it was gonna happen.

To a certain extent you are right but it had nothing to do with 4 years ago........ why did I actually think that THAT team could have got a result??

Retrospect always gives you 20/20 vision though!!

I was at the Semi Final too, brutal but nothing and I mean NOTHING compared to last Saturday!

Lucius Apuleius
25-05-2012, 05:20 AM
None, good for Paul Fenlon, good for hibs fans to get beat again,

but really theres **** all like a trip down from Stornoway to Hampden to watch your team get gubbed 5 -1 and whats worse....doing it twice in !!

You imagine the trip. Or just do it on Holiday.

Who?

joe breezy
25-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Bumped into lots of pals I've not seen in ages, the support was great too...

I think it gives impetus to improve next season knowing the possibilities of the support we can attract

cocopops1875
25-05-2012, 05:35 AM
Who?

Don't worry mate one suspects hiblander will have a Sair heid this morning or be checking in to the betty Ford clinic

Lucius Apuleius
25-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Don't worry mate one suspects hiblander will have a Sair heid this morning or be checking in to the betty Ford clinic

Either that or he is Macar in disguise. :greengrin Never seen so many stupid, illiterate answers in one night since he was launched.