PDA

View Full Version : NHC USA 5-1 Scotland

H18sry
24-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Everbank field Jacksonville

Sat/Sun

Anybody going, I'm heading out in the morning.

COME ON SCOTLAND SPANK THE YANKS even tho I think we will get spanked

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

Sylar
25-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Wish I was going - probably be a healthy Scottish support, considering it's just an hour away from Orlando and this is holiday season!

Hope it's a long flight home for ye :greengrin

Kato
25-05-2012, 08:25 AM
I hope America win.

I've hated the SFA for years but after Saturday why would I want anything good happen to them?

Go America!! Number ONE!!!

hibernianyank
25-05-2012, 09:48 AM
C'mon USA!! Lol

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm not in a position to influence the selection of manager or players for the national team of my country, so, will continue to cheer them on regardless.

Kato
25-05-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm not in a position to influence the selection of manager or players for the national team of my country, so, will continue to cheer them on regardless.

I don't recognise them as the national team of my country. They are the SFA's team, which basically makes them the team organised by crooks, match fixers and rangers apologists.

C'Mon the USA.

Paisley Hibby
25-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Hope they get absolutely humiliated, enough to bring Harry Potter's reign a wee bit closer to ending. While he's the manager I couldn't care less about Scotland.

PeterboroHibee
25-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I still hope Scotland win but Levein is a poor manager. Some of his call ups are bizarre and he seems to favour leaving out talented young Scots for clodders from the lower English leagues, who apply via the Granny rule.

Also think having it in Florida is ridiculous and totally unfair on alot of the fans who would usually follow Scotland about.

carnoustiehibee
25-05-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't recognise them as the national team of my country. They are the SFA's team, which basically makes them the team organised by crooks, match fixers and rangers apologists.

C'Mon the USA.

Is that you Vladimir? I'm the same, I hope team USA beat team SFA, only adds to my dislike for the Scotland team with that twat as a "manager"

California-Hibs
25-05-2012, 10:59 AM

C'Mon the USA.

Sad, very sad. C'MON SCOTLAND! :saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

johnrebus
25-05-2012, 11:09 AM

Yup, it is very sad, no doubt about that, but if Scotland need to lose every game to get rid of that ridiculous manager, then so be it.

:agree:

Kato
25-05-2012, 12:39 PM

No sadness on my part. The same set-up that represents this country (poorly) at football is the same set-up that will pull-out all the stops to save rangers. Not for me.

HibsMax
25-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Sat/Sun

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

I took my parents to a similar fixture years ago in DC. **** game and VERY hot day. Followed up by packed metro and long walk to taxi. I'll skip this one. :)

HibsMax
25-05-2012, 01:22 PM

I support both but when it's a head to head - SCOTLAND every time.

Did you get my PM?

DH1875
25-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Wish I was going - probably be a healthy Scottish support, considering it's just an hour away from Orlando and this is holiday season!

Hope it's a long flight home for ye :greengrin

So who you wanting to win. Your home team or, your home team :confused: :greengrin.

SlickShoes
25-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I already follow Hibs, I don't need more heartache following Scotland. I will look out for the result and hope that we win, but if we lose then I couldn't care less.

Frazerbob
25-05-2012, 04:07 PM
I depsise Harry Potter, he is an erse of the highest order and it breaks my heart that he is still the Scotland manager. However, you don't stop supporting your country because you don't like the manager. Did all those with this attitude wish Hibs would lose every match during the tail end of Calderwood's time in charge?

California-Hibs
25-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I support both but when it's a head to head - SCOTLAND every time.

Did you get my PM?

I have a soft spot for the USA, naturally having been over there many times and obviously preparing for the big permanent move there, but it's Scotland every time! I actually enjoy going to Scotland games, been to many over the years. Great atmosphere, packed stadiums, and sorry to upset some of you who are in the 'i hate everything Hearts/Rangers/SFA/Levein/want Scotland to lose/don't care' brigade, but Scotland DO infact have some pretty decent players in the squad who are playing at a very good level.

I love the fact that it actually wynds some SCOTS up when i say and express how passionate i am about Scotland and the national team. I want Scotland to win in every game they play. Fan's will ALWAYS have a moan at certain players getting picked/not getting picked but hey, that's international football! C'mon Scoooooootland!! :saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

HibsMax
26-05-2012, 01:04 AM
I have a soft spot for the USA, naturally having been over there many times and obviously preparing for the big permanent move there, but it's Scotland every time! I actually enjoy going to Scotland games, been to many over the years. Great atmosphere, packed stadiums, and sorry to upset some of you who are in the 'i hate everything Hearts/Rangers/SFA/Levein/want Scotland to lose/don't care' brigade, but Scotland DO infact have some pretty decent players in the squad who are playing at a very good level.

I love the fact that it actually wynds some SCOTS up when i say and express how passionate i am about Scotland and the national team. I want Scotland to win in every game they play. Fan's will ALWAYS have a moan at certain players getting picked/not getting picked but hey, that's international football! C'mon Scoooooootland!! :saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

I never want Scotland to lose and I care about it when they do. I don't care who the players are or who the manager is or who is director of the SFA or anything like that. I'm Scottish and I want Scotland to win. Period (as us Americans say). ;)

StokePogesHibs
26-05-2012, 02:58 AM
And Max and I get it tight if we don't win;-)

Bad Martini
26-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Hope we gub them. Shower of arrogant tossers genuinely believe they can do what they want, when they want to who they want.

Equally, I've never hated a Scotland setup more than potters shower of *****....he is also n arrogant tosser and that's nothing to do with his yamishness.

Ach **** it, still hope we win though if we lose and it helps get rid of potter, so be it.

Note: that doesn't mean I agree with the s.f.a. Or thnk them to be any less a bunch of ***** that they are.

WE'LL BE COMING....

AlbertK86
26-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Is it on tv ?

DarrenSQH
26-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Hope scotland get humped.

I cannot support anything with Levein in charge.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Is it on tv ?

Aye, ESPN

Albion Hibs
26-05-2012, 09:35 AM
One of my mates was heading over for the game, seemed to think there would be a crowd of circa 35,000 so should be a good atmosphere.

I would of course want scotland to win, but cant see it, think the yanks will turn them over. If that was the case then that fud in charge is one step closer to getting the bullet.

Ash Vale Hibee
26-05-2012, 09:59 AM

Well said, completely agree. I don't need to be a supporter of the SFA to be passionate about my country and their fortunes on the pitch

California-Hibs
26-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I never want Scotland to lose and I care about it when they do. I don't care who the players are or who the manager is or who is director of the SFA or anything like that. I'm Scottish and I want Scotland to win. Period (as us Americans say). ;)

I agree 100%

HibsMax
26-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Hope we gub them. Shower of arrogant tossers genuinely believe they can do what they want, when they want to who they want.

Equally, I've never hated a Scotland setup more than potters shower of *****....he is also n arrogant tosser and that's nothing to do with his yamishness.

Ach **** it, still hope we win though if we lose and it helps get rid of potter, so be it.

Note: that doesn't mean I agree with the s.f.a. Or thnk them to be any less a bunch of ***** that they are.

WE'LL BE COMING....
LOL.

Sorry that you've had such bad experiences with Americans, such that its soured your opinion of all my countrymen. Personally speaking I haven't met any of the tossers you talk about.

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I was coming over for the game, but had to cancel because i dyed my hair blue, but its came out green. :wink: :greengrin

Nice meeting you last week Max. :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
26-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I find it hard to wish anything but the worst on a corrupt, bullying nation of arrogant, self-serving tossers who would ride roughshod over any concept of local democracy.

Therefore, I'm hoping America hand the SFA a bloody nose.

Chibs
26-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I never want Scotland to get beat.been to four word cup finals and hopefully Brazil will be number 5. As for Levein shocking formation in prague but that's for another thread. I have been in a drinking sesh with potterr and the ****** drunk me under the table so to me he's ok. Expecting pelters GGTTH

Ultrabee1-0
26-05-2012, 01:46 PM
you's are all stupid!!wanting scotland to get beat cause of the 'sfa' that's such a stupid reason and because we have a 'yam' manager, who gives a ****! support your country and true colours I'd rather play for a yam manager than fight for a hun queen?, stop being stupid and get behind the boys!!

BarneyK
26-05-2012, 01:48 PM
you's are all stupid!!wanting scotland to get beat cause of the 'sfa' that's such a stupid reason and because we have a 'yam' manager, who gives a ****! support your country and true colours I'd rather play for a yam manager than fight for a hun queen?, stop being stupid and get behind the boys!!

Eh, aye...alright then :greengrin

Hibercelona
26-05-2012, 03:58 PM
I always want Scotland to win.

However, with him in charge, i shed a few less tears now when we lose.

Steven_Hibs
26-05-2012, 04:08 PM
"I'm excited about getting Shaun Maloney back, he's looked excellent in training this week," said Levein.

"He's bang in form, an exciting player. He's tried and tested and you know what you're going to get from him.

So why is he playing then :rolleyes:

Surely the point in friendlies is to try something new and see how other players play? Same situation with Kenny Miller :rolleyes:

I can't stand Levein.

18Craig75
26-05-2012, 04:20 PM
How many Englishmen in the starting line up this time?!

lyonhibs
26-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Is this on the idiot box later on? If so, which channel?

Cheers :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Espn

hibsbollah
26-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I dont know why folk even bother with supporting Scotland now we have a perfectly good Great Britain team.

KiddA
26-05-2012, 05:27 PM

Sat/Sun

I will be there, should be a good crack. Lived in Jacksonville for 7 years now and this is the first football match the city has had in a long time. We are meeting at a place called City Hall bar at 4pm if you want a good place that is near the stadium.

Cmon Scotland :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
26-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I dont know why folk even bother with supporting Scotland now we have a perfectly good Great Britain team.

:tee hee:

Sunny1875
26-05-2012, 05:48 PM
I find it hard to wish anything but the worst on a corrupt, bullying nation of arrogant, self-serving tossers who would ride roughshod over any concept of local democracy.

Therefore, I'm hoping America hand the SFA a bloody nose.

:top marks

iwasthere1972
26-05-2012, 07:41 PM
C'mon Scotland get intae them Yanks

Hope the baw Disneyland in our net too often.

:saltireflag :saltireflag :saltireflag

stoneyburn hibs
26-05-2012, 08:41 PM
3-0 to the shermans, sad but now i want scotland to lose everytime because of that yam fud

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2012, 10:29 PM
No sadness on my part. The same set-up that represents this country (poorly) at football is the same set-up that will pull-out all the stops to save rangers. Not for me.

This!

Leishy1995
26-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Matt Phillips for Scotland. Very nice!

FromTheCapital
27-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Team

McGregor

Bardsley
Caldwell
Webster
Mulgrew

Brown
McArthur
Bannan
M. Phillips
Maloney

Miller

:saltireflag Mon' the Tartan Army!

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Fairly close to a first team choice for Scotland. Would be good if Faddy could get a more regular game and we need to get Jordan Rhodes tied down. I'd have a bit more confidence going into the qualifiers.

HibeesLA
27-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Eh... you think the pipes could have practiced a bit before playing :)

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Eh... you think the pipes could have practiced a bit before playing :)

Singer could do with a few lessons and all!

EdinMike
27-05-2012, 12:17 AM
"Singer" !? I'm sure I can do better farting it...

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 12:18 AM

That was painful :bitchy:

jamieross
27-05-2012, 12:18 AM

Shes makin the ears bleed

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Hopefully that's not the last painful performance for the US tonight! Where did they find her?

dmc1875
27-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Hopefully that's not the last painful performance for the US tonight! Where did they find her?

Watching Garry Caldwell try and speed up in time with the bag pipes was a tad amusing.

Although, where did they find that singer?!?! What an embarrassment

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Caldwell breaks up some good passing with a lumpen hoof forward.

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Chaos at the back. We can't go into the WC qualifiers with a ropey defence.

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Caldwell breaks up some good passing with a lumpen hoof forward.

That's it, keep it tight early on...

R'Albin
27-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Although it wouldn't necessarily be good for Hibs, how the hell are those two any better than McPake?

dmc1875
27-05-2012, 12:26 AM
That's it, keep it tight early on...

Hmm tight indeed... 1-0

EdinMike
27-05-2012, 12:27 AM
That didn't take too long did it...Might just go to bed now.

Saturdays Hero
27-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Team

McGregor

Bardsley
Caldwell
Webster
Mulgrew

Brown
McArthur
Bannan
M. Phillips
Maloney

Miller

:saltireflag Mon' the Tartan Army!

Would rather Gordon gets back between the sticks,Mcgregor's made a couple of howlers for us,he flapped against Denmark & was at fault against the Republic.

Onceinawhile
27-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Honking national anthems, honking defending by ecosse.

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:30 AM
We're getting found out in defence big time.

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Oh my :rolleyes:

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:32 AM
A peach of a goal. Nothing we could do about that. We could be about to get horsed here.

dmc1875
27-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Barry bannan is woeful

Greendub
27-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Was a nice goal, we look all over the place

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:36 AM
A flukey goal. We've not lost that part of the game!...

Game on.

Greendub
2-1 haha

Saturdays Hero
Oh dear :-( will be interesting to hear what spin Levein puts on this performance,the man doesn't know how to handle criticism.

Saturdays Hero
27-05-2012, 12:37 AM
The comeback is on,Levein I take it all back .

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Oh dear :-( will be interesting to hear what spin Levein puts on this performance,the man doesn't know how to handle criticism.

Is that why Scottish journos give him an easy ride?

Should have been sacked after the 4-6-0 game. No self-respecting FA would keep a manager who ever thought it was a good idea to experiment with no attackers in a vital and winnable game. His pals in the media pretty much kept him in a job.

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Decent passing from Scotland but not enough patience. Probe...probe...hooooof

steakbake
27-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Its a definite tactic - right Gary, put your laces through it.

EdinMike
27-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Is Matt Phillips the Blackpool Lad who changed allegiance from England to Scotland ?! If so is he another one of the "Grandparent" rule ?! I still dunno how I feel about that rule :confused:

lucky
27-05-2012, 01:12 AM
It's just like watching Hibs. ****ing awful. Brown is the only player Scotland has. Bannan is worse than Claros and Mulgrew makes Kujabi actually look like Roberto Carlos. Truly honking team.

steakbake
27-05-2012, 01:18 AM
They (we) are all over the place.

sven nil
27-05-2012, 01:23 AM
It's just like watching Hibs. ****ing awful. Brown is the only player Scotland has. Bannan is worse than Claros and Mulgrew makes Kujabi actually look like Roberto Carlos. Truly honking team.
Yes totally agree with this post,think Cauldwell has been ok hes bailed oot that donkey Webster a few times

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Americans ripping the pish out of Scotland here

sven nil
27-05-2012, 01:38 AM
goal 3 1

BarneyK
3-1

steakbake
Americans ripping the pish out of Scotland here

Yep. I suppose one thing is we're at the end of the season. they're on their *****

EdinMike
Can we punt Mr. Potter now !? Surely...Hopefully !?

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Oops

sven nil
27-05-2012, 01:42 AM
how poor has mulgrew been? 4 1

EdinMike
27-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Getting beat from a Nation that demoralises "Soccer" is demoralising in itself..

BarneyK
"Getting close to a rout now", Pat...really?

PISTOL1875
Craig Levien might want everybody to fight for there place in the national side but it would mean a lot more if the side wasn't filled with second rate Englishman..

Bobo
27-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Mulgrew's obviously come for the free holiday, shocking performance from him all night and that specky turd cannae see it.

Mulgrew, Bannan and Maloney are never international players and would never be considered at this level by any credible manager.

USA are miles ahead of us in class and ability Potter needs a good boot up the farter to get his scruffy yam fizzer out the door!

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 01:48 AM
and it's 5...

steakbake
27-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Awful. They are not the sum of their parts!

R'Albin
27-05-2012, 01:50 AM
This, Lichtenstein and the 4-6-0 debacle surely has to be enough to get Levein out the door?

EdinMike
27-05-2012, 01:51 AM
This is embarrassing and the scoreline isn't helping...

PISTOL1875
27-05-2012, 01:51 AM
No wonder Scotland are pish.. Potter take you 4-6-0 and GTF..

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 01:52 AM
This is embarrassing and the scoreline isn't helping...

The scoreline's actually quite flattering, to be honest...could easily be 7 or 8

steakbake
27-05-2012, 01:53 AM
perhaps the sfa might have a chance to deflect a bit of attention from the rangers debacle by binning potter.

the statesians might call it soccer, but they have good players at their disposal and can put out a team! they're no mugs.

we're getting pumped off a very good side.

EdinMike
27-05-2012, 01:59 AM
The scoreline's actually quite flattering, to be honest...could easily be 7 or 8

I realised that, I meant it was bringing up bad memories from last week :boo hoo:

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 02:00 AM
The US just coasting through now, not really bothering about pushing for any more. Looks like they'll declare at 5

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 02:06 AM
I wonder what Potter has learned about Kenny Miller here (whilst Johnny Russell has sat his arse on the bench)...

Haymaker
27-05-2012, 02:15 AM
The US just coasting through now, not really bothering about pushing for any more. Looks like they'll declare at 5

US youth leagues tend to have a "mercy" rule at 6 goals where you can't score.

BarneyK
27-05-2012, 02:24 AM
US youth leagues tend to have a "mercy" rule at 6 goals where you can't score.

That explains it. I did wonder. Scotland kept giving them back the ball but they didn't seem interested :greengrin

Haymaker
27-05-2012, 02:29 AM
That explains it. I did wonder. Scotland kept giving them back the ball but they didn't seem interested :greengrin

Aye, they are not conditioned to score too many

givescotlandfreedom
27-05-2012, 02:31 AM
Potter's his usual stubborn and arrogant self then. What wonders this defensive stuff is doing for us.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Sitting in Jacksonville gutted. Scotland were rotten. Harry Potter must go

Hibercelona
27-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Is it just me, or is McPake clearly a far superior defender to Caldwell in every aspect?

It's no wonder we're ***** when that Hearts toss-pot persists with the same washed up dross.

Lucius Apuleius
27-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Oh dear. You know how you lot felt last week going to work being ribbed by yams? That will be me today in every meeting. :greengrin I did set the tone yesterday though telling them I expected a horsing. Not many of them believed me as the guys who like football tell me they are really bad and they never even qualified for the Olympics. Unfortunatelt this always leads to an explanation of the make up of GB, UK and everything else associated with it!

BroxburnHibee
27-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Shows how disinterested I am in the Scottish football team (since Prague) that I completely forgot this game was on.

Reading this thread reminds me why Potter should have gone a long time ago.

Part/Time Supporter
27-05-2012, 05:08 AM
I wonder how Potter's bum chums in the Weegie media will react to this. For some reason or other I don't think he'll get anywhere near the criticism that Berti or Burley got for similar results.

KiddA
27-05-2012, 05:14 AM
I was at the game and Scotland were truly woeful, no shape, no system, no desire. Craig Levein truly has to go he is totally clueless. When it hit 5-1 he was sitting on the bench with his legs stretched out with his arms behind his head in a very relaxed way. Clearly does not give a flying #### I was angry after seeing this. If the SFA don't sack this clown and his jobs for the boys staff we will continue to watch this #####.

lucky
27-05-2012, 06:14 AM

It even finished with same result. I should have put money on it

Pretty Boy
27-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Can someone explain to me the point in asking Matt Gilks and Craig Gordon to travel all the way to the USA then not give either of them even half and hour.

McGreggor has played plenty games for Scotland now. Surely giving Gordon a bit game time after his injury or Gills a bit International experience would be sensible.

Might be a small thing but just shows up Porters idiocy in more.detail imo.

Speedy
27-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Craig Levien might want everybody to fight for there place in the national side but it would mean a lot more if the side wasn't filled with second rate Englishman..

I agree with this.

Theres no way these guys can possibly have the same passion to play for scotland, when they'd have grown up wanting to play for england.

Keith_M
27-05-2012, 08:12 AM
I didn't even realise this game was on. Hopefully it's a nail in the coffin for this useless manager.

Was Kenny Millar REALLY playing? What exactly is there about him that Levein (and the rest of the world) doesn't already know?

Gala Foxes
27-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Just saw the goals - impressive Scotland defending, well done Levein

Holmesdale Hibs
27-05-2012, 08:28 AM
perhaps the sfa might have a chance to deflect a bit of attention from the rangers debacle by binning potter.

the statesians might call it soccer, but they have good players at their disposal and can put out a team! they're no mugs.

we're getting pumped off a very good side.

I remember making this point to my English mates after the world cup game, there is a general assumption that the US are pish, which isn't the case.

As for the result today, FFS Potter, I'd you're going to play brutal defensive football the absolute minimum you need is a good defence.

down-the-slope
27-05-2012, 08:43 AM
I agree with this.

Theres no way these guys can possibly have the same passion to play for scotland, when they'd have grown up wanting to play for england.

International equivelent of Loan signings :stirrer:

Hermit Crab
27-05-2012, 08:47 AM
I didn't even realise this game was on. Hopefully it's a nail in the coffin for this useless manager.

Was Kenny Millar REALLY playing? What exactly is there about him that Levein (and the rest of the world) doesn't already know?

He gets a game because he used to play for the old firm. He's pash.

millarco
27-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Highlights for those of us who didn't wait up for it. Horrific defending, the worst perhaps being Caldwell's 'run away from the attacker' move for their 5th.

http://www.ussoccer.com/media-library/Videos/US-Men/2012/05/120526-USA-SCO-Highlights.aspx

SteveHFC
27-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Just found out the score. What an embarrassment

heretoday
27-05-2012, 09:02 AM
I feel for Levein. He has to justify his sinecure at the SFA by regular appearances in the media looking wise and talking articulately but at the end of the day he is judged by the performance on the pitch of a bunch of B-list players who barely know each other!

BroxburnHibee
27-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Highlights for those of us who didn't wait up for it. Horrific defending, the worst perhaps being Caldwell's 'run away from the attacker' move for their 5th.

http://www.ussoccer.com/media-library/Videos/US-Men/2012/05/120526-USA-SCO-Highlights.aspx

Do you know that saying "There's no easy games in International football"?

:rolleyes:

EdinMike
27-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Jesus I go to bed and wake up to a great peice of BBC reporting that almost burst my sides..

"Levein had named an attack-orientated side"..

Fooled me !

chrisski33
27-05-2012, 09:17 AM
I feel for Levein. He has to justify his sinecure at the SFA by regular appearances in the media looking wise and talking articulately but at the end of the day he is judged by the performance on the pitch of a bunch of B-list players who barely know each other!

How can u feel for levein? He picked the b listed players and chose the tactics not the sfa.
I know its a friendly but the result proves we arent moving forward under potter and we need ro pick scottish players who have grown up in scotland dreaming of playing for scotland not english players who cant get into the english squad.
Time to punt potter now bit sadly i dont see them sacking him.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-05-2012, 09:20 AM
didn't see the game, fortunately, but surely the likes of Andy Webster was well past international standard a long time ago ? (if he was ever that standard is anyones guess)
Levein must go.

Sammy7nil
27-05-2012, 09:31 AM
He won't be sacked on the back of an end of season friendly 1000's of miles away from home.

It may make him decide who will not to play in future. I am sure this will drubbing result in ultra negative football when the qualifiers start.

The players we have are noot good enough it is like watching Hibs, there is no manager on the plant who could turn this around in a short period of time.

The SFA must decide what the want boring negative football failing year on year or bring in a 55+ manager who wont be going anywhere else let him build let him take a few gubbings but give him 6 years to turn this around.

BEEJ
27-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Just found out the score. What an embarrassment
:agree:

Do you know that saying "There's no easy games in International football"?
Exactly. Now apparently to be supplemented with the phrase "... except when you're playing Scotland."

Never mind, we can always sing.

:singing:
Cheer up Craig Levein
Oh what can it mean,
To the, fat Jambo (:whistle:)
With our national team....

hibernianyank
27-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Well played USA!

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Just watched a recording of the game, even more 1 sided than last Saturday, turned it off when the 5th went in.

cad
27-05-2012, 09:51 AM
If Scotland supporters want to go to a World Cup or a Euro Championship they better hold the tournament or go and support someone else .

Twiglet
27-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Has levien done an interview after the match?

Paisley Hibby
27-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Can't agree with you - Levein is his own worst enemy - an arrogant trumpet with very limited tactical ability. He and the SFA deserve each other. Until Levein goes I couldn't care less about Scotland - other then being glad that we got horsed as that will bring his sacking a bit closer.

ScottB
27-05-2012, 10:40 AM
It's amazing how the SFA and the media seem to think the sun shines out of Leveins backside. Burley would have been run out of town on the same results.

He needs punted, he has too important a role now with his wading into youth development for his dour negativity to be allowed to continue. I almost hate to say it, but try and get Walter Smith back.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I was out last night, and got in around 02.30. I knew the game was on, but it never crossed my mind to watch it, went straight to bed. Good move it seems.:rolleyes:

Hibrandenburg
27-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Was quoted pre match saying that he was pleased by the players attitude. Guess what his excuse was after the game? Yupp, you guessed it, the players didn't show the correct attitude. Change the ****ing record yah bawbag!

truehibernian
27-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Was quoted pre match saying that he was pleased by the players attitude. Guess what his excuse was after the game? Yupp, you guessed it, the players didn't show the correct attitude. Change the ****ing record yah bawbag!

More worried about what the players dress code was when travelling - because right enough that effects how a professional player performs right enough.

You are the manager Craig - they'll wear what you tell them and get on with it. More important fish to fry than that my friend.

I can just hear Eddie Turnbull's response to a player wanting discussions on what they should wear. And we wonder why we are in such a poor state.

Littlest Hobo
27-05-2012, 12:23 PM
He's handled the Fletcher incident like an amateur.
I think that has hungover him and the squad like a bad smell.
He should have nipped it in the bud ages ago but instead it ******ed away.
I'm not saying Fletcher was right because let's face it he acted like a big bairn and had that been Alex Ferguson he'd been told not to bother coming back immediately after receiving that text.
I think we need to get someone else in who can get the team spirit back into the players and fans.

CL had lost the support of most supporters and for that reason he must go.

Macaroon
27-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Great reassurance that joining the Supporters club a couple weeks back was the right choice :confused:

Potter, oot..

Manxhibs
27-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Levein needs to go now otherwise we are facing another missed tournament. I'm getting fed up with his crappy team selections and shoddy tactics. The longer he's in charge the further into the dark ages we are going to go. It genuinely upsets me

ekhibee
27-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I had very little optimism going in to this game and I was proved right. Have to say the 2nd goal was a beauty, and to me the best 2 players for the US were Bradley and of course Donovan. The marking for some of the goals was just awful, and I totally agree with one of the earlier posters who said it could easily have been 7 or 8, particularly with the one from Donovan that hit the post after an excellent move. Wouldn't read too much into this to be quite honest, the USA are a far, far better team than us, and Levein seems to be completely lost when it comes to picking the right tactics.

DC_Hibs
27-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Heading up to Tampa next week, wife's cousin lives there. Their family are "born in the usa" and brought up as jambo's. Looking forward to that visit. Not.

Just dae a *****e in their kettle Funshine, that'll show them who's boss (hogg).

Regards

jdships
27-05-2012, 03:43 PM
I wonder how Potter's bum chums in the Weegie media will react to this. For some reason or other I don't think he'll get anywhere near the criticism that Berti or Burley got for similar results.

My son and I just been reading through the posts and found yours.
This is almost word for word what my lad said earlier :thumbsup:
Last night/ this morning ( whatever !) reminds one of the old joke
" The nearest he (Levein) will get to being a football manager is sleeping with one "
Overated , overhyped and devoid of any apparent knowledge of what is required .
I have to hold my hand up and admit that the day " Harry Potter" was appointed my interest in the Scotland football team went out the window . Couldn't see what he was going to "bring to the table "

Leishy1995
27-05-2012, 04:06 PM
The last two performances I've been supporting, hibs and Scotland, make me wonder why I'm still a youth footballer in tranent and not a national player for Scotland.
potter out.

WindyMiller
27-05-2012, 04:18 PM
We've probably got more players, getting regular appearances, in the top 30/35 teams in the U.K. than we've had for many a year but Levein doesn't seem to be able to pick a team from that lot.

Also I've got nothing against McGregor, Miller, Caldwell et al being in the squad for tournaments but how can he justify not giving others a chance in friendlies?

Part/Time Supporter
27-05-2012, 04:38 PM
We've probably got more players, getting regular appearances, in the top 30/35 teams in the U.K. than we've had for many a year but Levein doesn't seem to be able to pick a team from that lot.

I'm coming to the view that having a player "in the EPL" doesn't count for much. It only really means anything if the player concerned is actually competing well against other international standard players in that league. For instance, Berra has been in the EPL for the last 3 years, but has been well below league average in that whole period. Obviously anyone playing regularly for the top eight clubs or so must be half-decent at least, because those clubs could all do well in European competition. But the quality in the bottom half clubs is a lot more hit and miss.

Also I've got nothing against McGregor, Miller, Caldwell et al being in the squad for tournaments but how can he justify not giving others a chance in friendlies?

In the case of Miller, it would expose the damage Levein's petty feud with S Fletcher is causing. He simply doesn't have a (semi) credible alternative. I guess Caldwell played because he was captain in absence of D Fletcher.

edwards
27-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm coming to the view that having a player "in the EPL" doesn't count for much. It only really means anything if the player concerned is actually competing well against other international standard players in that league. For instance, Berra has been in the EPL for the last 3 years, but has been well below league average in that whole period. Obviously anyone playing regularly for the top eight clubs or so must be half-decent at least, because those clubs could all do well in European competition. But the quality in the bottom half clubs is a lot more hit and miss.

In the case of Miller, it would expose the damage Levein's petty feud with S Fletcher is causing. He simply doesn't have a (semi) credible alternative. I guess Caldwell played because he was captain in absence of D Fletcher.

What an absolute shambles, I have now lost patience with Levein and to think our forward line could have consisted of Riordan, O,Connor and Fletcher deary me what an absolute waste of tanlent.

The Green Goblin
27-05-2012, 05:12 PM
What an absolute shambles, I have now lost patience with Levein and to think our forward line could have consisted of Riordan, O,Connor and Fletcher deary me what an absolute waste of tanlent.

Not having a go, but is that a serious post? A striker who hasn't played competitively for 6 months, a striker shortly due in court whose lifestyle is as bad as can be for anyone, never mind a footballer's and.....well, no arguments with Fletcher - arguably the current most in-form Scottish striker playing anywhere right now.

Treadstone
27-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Scotlands player of the year was Charlie Mulgrew . Shredded last night , apologists will say he was playing left back (former position) . Big difference facing half decent players instead of the cack served up by the SPL most weeks . Scotland will finish in bottom two in their WC qualifying group . Levein sat in judgement last week and done everything to suggest Pat Fenlon got everything wrong and suffered as his team were hammered 5-1 , wonder how he feels now after two years in the job . Levein talks a good game but the simple fact is he is totally inept . Would love to have seen PF given a chance to do a critique of last nights shambles.

WindyMiller
27-05-2012, 05:31 PM

Fairy nuff

He could have at least given Mackie a run out!

hopefulhibby
27-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Just watched a recording of the game, even more 1 sided than last Saturday, turned it off when the 5th went in.
Ah well at least we have the ROI cheer on in the Euros, great win against Bosnia yesterday with McGeady MOTM but the whole team played really well:flag:

lyonhibs
27-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Ah well at least we have the ROI cheer on in the Euros, great win against Bosnia yesterday with McGeady MOTM but the whole team played really well:flag:

Will we?? :confused:

Count me out. France for me, for obvious reasons.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2012, 05:42 PM

If England weren't playing I would cheer on Scotland!

hopefulhibby
27-05-2012, 05:44 PM
If England weren't playing I would cheer on Scotland!
Yak with all thier union jacks it would be like cheering the yams

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2012, 05:46 PM

As usual its ABE for me.

Treadstone
27-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Will we?? :confused:

Count me out. France for me, for obvious reasons.

Seen England last night . France must have a great chance against them . England don't have any pace in their central midfield . England were as sloppy as last night .

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Seen England last night . France must have a great chance against them . England don't have any pace in their central midfield . England were as sloppy as last night .

Aye they were very sloppy in fact I thought they were piss poor until I watched Scotland. :faf:

At The Edge
27-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Aye they were very sloppy in fact I thought they were piss poor until I watched Scotland. :faf:

England lost their shape when Gerrard went off, i know that it was nowhere near the team which will line up against France, but strength in depth they do not seem to have?

Scotland are just brutal to watch at the moment, a total lack of ideas runs throughout the team which means we resort to hoof ball tactics.

Anyway pounds are on the Germans for the Euros, even though they got spanked 5-3 by Switzerland yesterday

WindyMiller
27-05-2012, 06:14 PM
As usual its ABE for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeping_with_the_Enemy

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2012, 06:17 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeping_with_the_Enemy

:agree: Living with them would be absolute murder should the unthinkable happen. :greengrin

Jim44
27-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I wonder if the 5-1 humiliation will add fuel to the fire in the SPL/SFL campaign to get Rangers back safely and unscathed into the SPL. All is forgiven boys, your country needs you.

truehibernian
27-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I wonder if the 5-1 humiliation will add fuel to the fire in the SPL/SFL campaign to get Rangers back safely and unscathed into the SPL. All is forgiven boys, your country needs you.

Why ? Only Naismith from Rangers would have made that starting line up Jim - there are no players in their current set up that would make international level in my opinion, which is why Sally knows if the ban isn't lifted they'll struggle next year and the year after.

Scotland won't see a 'modern day player' for another 5-10 years, which is when the Academy players (and only a select few will make it) start to filter through. The sad fact is though, that as positive a plan it is, we are already light years behind Scandinavia, USA, some African nations etc......

The pace of the USA side shows you how much emphasis Klinsmann puts on fitness and power. They were lean, fit and fast. Scotland looked like, and are, pub players in comparison. The Ferguson/McGregor scandal typifies our approach to football. They, and the other players, should have been lambasted, not for the V signs, but for the bevvying. Burley, as poor a manager as he was, was correct to do what he did. But let's not kid ourselves, until true professionalism enters football in Scotland, we'll always be poor.

ancient hibee
27-05-2012, 07:14 PM
The minute I saw photos of them playing golf it was obvious it was a jolly.

hibsbollah
27-05-2012, 07:24 PM
I was positive Germany would win it but i now have a wee fancy for an outsider as well...Sweden, Ireland and Poland could all spring a surprise.

Cant wait for it to start, just as good as the world cup.

Mon Dieu4
27-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I was positive Germany would win it but i now have a wee fancy for an outsider as well...Sweden, Ireland and Poland could all spring a surprise.

Cant wait for it to start, just as good as the world cup.

I want Germany to win, their away strip is top notch all it need is white sleeves and its my deal hibs top

Bostonhibby
27-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Contrasting statements from the managerial maestro - he was saying we variously had "depth" in the squad, then no "edge" maybe we should have gone for a deeper edge, or more shallow but with edge. I await the next mis match of meaningless buzz words with interest. Dead man walking.

clerriehibs
27-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Well said, completely agree. I don't need to be a supporter of the SFA to be passionate about my country and their fortunes on the pitch

Problem for me is too many players hp calls up would never have described Scotland as "my country" before the speccy twat came calling. And probably still don't.

Alfred E Newman
27-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Potters insistance on playing journeymen pros , some Hearts and Dundee Utd old boys , and players who have little or no connection with Scotland whatsoever, has knackered the Scotland side completely.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Potters insistance on playing journeymen pros , some Hearts and Dundee Utd old boys , and players who have little or no connection with Scotland whatsoever, has knackered the Scotland side completely.

In a nutshell :agree:

Lungo--Drom
27-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Watch Grampian Police don't lift you for saying that lol ;)

As usual its ABE for me.

Lungo--Drom
27-05-2012, 10:12 PM
RoI have always been my international team. I know quite a few C****c fans who are Scotland supporters and even got a laugh once when a Scotland supporting C****c fan started arguing with a Republic supporting one :D Anyway good to know I'm not the alone being an Republic supporter here :)

Sylar
27-05-2012, 10:37 PM

Sat/Sun

Hope you had an enjoyable trip R :greengrin

FAR too easy :aok:

HibeeN
27-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I want Germany to win, their away strip is top notch all it need is white sleeves and its my deal hibs top

I've ordered it :thumbsup: Really hope they win the Euros. Failing that, anyone but England or Spain.

Treadstone
27-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Sorry Scouse never intended it as taking a shot at England . Didn't think anyone would be as sensitive as you showed .:cb

snooky
27-05-2012, 11:04 PM
usa 5 useless 1

frazeHFC
27-05-2012, 11:07 PM
5-1!?! :wtf:

Nando™
28-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Fantastic result, another nail in the useless hypocrite's coffin.

HKhibby
28-05-2012, 03:38 AM

WE'LL BE COMING....

Would agree with most of that, i cant stand Levein, not just because he is a ****bo!, the same as i cant stand Celtic / Rangers / Hearts!, i havnt really bothered too much about watching Scotland for a long time now, due to the fact of living away for years and years now!, but would have liked to see them beat the Yanks!....and its true what you say Yanks...biggest bunch of loud mouthed idiots in the world! and insecure to go with it!...always want to say they are Scottish or Irish especially!!, or have blood in them!....but yet show them a map...and they couldnt even tell you where Scotland or Ireland is!...let alone the UK!, and i live in Hong Kong...so you can imagine what they are like when they are here!...come on HK on Friday night against Singapore!

poolman
28-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Cloud Cuckoo Land

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4341358/Craig-Levein-chooses-Morrison-over-Donovan.html

What ****in planet is he on :confused:

JimBHibees
28-05-2012, 09:38 AM

Sounds like the sort of nonsense a Yam wind up merchant would put on.

Dont care who wins Euros will certainly not be supporting Ireland though as I am Scottish and also the 2 Scottish players playing for them gives me the boak.

easty
28-05-2012, 10:11 AM
I am Scottish and also the 2 Scottish players playing for them gives me the boak.

Me too. :agree:

Pretty Boy
28-05-2012, 10:34 AM
RoI have always been my international team. I know quite a few C****c fans who are Scotland supporters and even got a laugh once when a Scotland supporting C****c fan started arguing with a Republic supporting one :D Anyway good to know I'm not the alone being an Republic supporter here :)

Always support both the ROI and Northern Ireland when they play because I have family living in Belfast and Cork.

Not massively into the Celtic minded pretend I'm Irish nonsense but they're definitely who I'll be supporting at the Euros.

hopefulhibby
28-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Sounds like the sort of nonsense a Yam wind up merchant would put on.

Dont care who wins Euros will certainly not be supporting Ireland though as I am Scottish and also the 2 Scottish players playing for them gives me the boak.
I thought a yam would be shouting for England with his union jack and god save the queen and all that crap, do you know what the word Hibernian means? and as for the :2 Scottish players: they are both Irish by bloodlines, they were only born in Scotland all their heritage is Irish, look at half of the France or England teams they have no French or English blood in them, EG Danny Wellbeck both parents from Ghana

SteveHFC
28-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Just seen the goals on STV. FFS! :rolleyes:

Greentinted
28-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Just seen the goals on STV. FFS! :rolleyes:

The first one was particularly, almost poetically, shambolic.

With this and the Rangers carve-up, do the combined powers-that-be at the SFA have even the vaguest idea of what's going on on their watch?
Here's something Mr Levein and the other inept wage thieves at Hampden may have a use for:

http://www.rhinotechnologies.com/fun/clue.gif

jdships
28-05-2012, 06:23 PM
I thought a yam would be shouting for England with his union jack and god save the queen and all that crap, do you know what the word Hibernian means? and as for the :2 Scottish players: they are both Irish by bloodlines, they were only born in Scotland all their heritage is Irish, look at half of the France or England teams they have no French or English blood in them, EG Danny Wellbeck both parents from Ghana

Agree with you on this.
I was born in London of Scot's parents ( my mother just happened to be there when I came along !!) and have lived all but six weeks of my eighty years in Scotland .
I was , yes, born in England but all my blood lines are Scots. In my estimation I am a SCOT is that a problem to anyone ?

Answers on a postcard please .:greengrin:wink:

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Sorry Scouse never intended it as taking a shot at England . Didn't think anyone would be as sensitive as you showed .:cb

Eh?

Bostonhibby
28-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Hear what you say re the yams, but is the proposition that because I am a Hibby, and know and appreciate the Latin Roman descriptive name Hibernia I should be supporting Ireland? Maybe if I was a Soap dodger - hope Ireland do well, but Spain for me.

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Hear what you say re the yams, but is the proposition that because I am a Hibby, and know and appreciate the Latin Roman descriptive name Hibernia I should be supporting Ireland? Maybe if I was a Soap dodger - hope Ireland do well, but Spain for me.

A Pedant writes:-

The original meaning of Hibernian is actually "wintry". When the Romans invaded Ireland, they called it Hibernia, as they believed that that was where winter came from. (cf "hibernate").

lapsedhibee
28-05-2012, 07:59 PM

The original meaning of Hibernian is actually "wintry". When the Romans invaded Ireland, they called it Hibernia, as they believed that that was where winter came from. (cf "hibernate").

So what are you saying, Hibbies should really have Iceland as their international team?

Bostonhibby
28-05-2012, 08:00 PM

:brickwall however did I get through compulsory Latin and what was the point? never used it since! :greengrin You are of course right CWG but for the purposes of the argument I was responding to maybe it's still okay to emphasise the origins of the name itself? :offski:

Bostonhibby
28-05-2012, 08:01 PM
So what are you saying, Hibbies should really have Iceland as their international team?

:agree: Iceland, Iceland, Iceland........Have they got any good pubs?

CropleyWasGod
28-05-2012, 08:03 PM
:brickwall however did I get through compulsory Latin and what was the point? never used it since! :greengrin You are of course right CWG but for the purposes of the argument I was responding to maybe it's still okay to emphasise the origins of the name itself? :offski:

The point is so that one can be a smartass on threads like this :greengrin

Bostonhibby
28-05-2012, 08:08 PM
The point is so that one can be a smartass on threads like this :greengrin

I didn't get to where I am today by being a smartarse on threads like this.

StokePogesHibs
29-05-2012, 01:32 AM
As a resident of the us I was starting to get a complex about 5-1. Fortunately I watched Sporting KC beat San Jose 2-1. I have broken my 5-1 duck.

Ian Mirray better have good coaching badges if he wants to come stateside. The standard was better the. The SPL.

HoboHarry
29-05-2012, 01:39 AM
As a resident of the us I was starting to get a complex about 5-1. Fortunately I watched Sporting KC beat San Jose 2-1. I have broken my 5-1 duck.

Ian Mirray better have good coaching badges if he wants to come stateside. The standard was better the. The SPL.

Sporting KC are my local team. If we could buy the lot and send them to Easter Rd we would win the SPL, not a doubt in my mind.

StokePogesHibs
29-05-2012, 02:08 AM
Sporting KC are my local team. If we could buy the lot and send them to Easter Rd we would win the SPL, not a doubt in my mind.

I particularly liked when they sang... 'We are sporting KC we hate jam tarts and we hate dundee'

:wink:

Phil MaGlass
29-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Great reassurance that joining the Supporters club a couple weeks back was the right choice :confused:

Potter, oot..

I didnae renew, seems thousands didnae either as last year there was a waiting list and this year they couldnae get enough, Levein, says it all really.

hopefulhibby
29-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Do you always go for the underdogs:cb

Bostonhibby
29-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Do you always go for the underdogs:cb

Nah! Am a coward and I will be in Girona when the tournaments on so time for a bit of glory hunting :greengrin

GreenCastle
29-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Even though the MLS is a relatively new league it has over taken the SPL with quality and general football experience.

New stadiums
Competitive league
Supporters group bringing colour to the grounds and adding atmosphere
Better players - experience and youth

All this is benefiting the US national team. The crazy thing is the US team haven't even been playing that well recently so Scotland really are rotten.

The US has several young players coming through also and soccer at a youth level is massive - the sport is rapidly growing.

Here the youth are developing but doesn't seem fast enough - but hard to pass judgement yet - 5 years we will see where we are compared to USA.

Bottom line the Scottish game needs sorted with better coaches, fair / competitive league and a coach at the top that inspires - not bores everyone with his style of play.

Pretty Boy
29-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Even though the MLS is a relatively new league it has over taken the SPL with quality and general football experience.

New stadiums
Competitive league
Supporters group bringing colour to the grounds and adding atmosphere
Better players - experience and youth

All this is benefiting the US national team. The crazy thing is the US team haven't even been playing that well recently so Scotland really are rotten.

The US has several young players coming through also and soccer at a youth level is massive - the sport is rapidly growing.

Here the youth are developing but doesn't seem fast enough - but hard to pass judgement yet - 5 years we will see where we are compared to USA.

Bottom line the Scottish game needs sorted with better coaches, fair / competitive league and a coach at the top that inspires - not bores everyone with his style of play.

The Beckham effect?

Genuine question but how much of the rise in popularity, especially at youth level, can be traced back to Beckhams move to LA?

Not an insignificant factor i would imagine.

Haymaker
29-05-2012, 08:52 PM
The Beckham effect?

Genuine question but how much of the rise in popularity, especially at youth level, can be traced back to Beckhams move to LA?

Not entirely down to him but he has had a big effect it is true, when I was working in America coaching soccer all the kids had galaxy Beckham shirts or man utd.

Imo I think for a lot of Americans they see the game as cheaper, less time consuming and for parents it is seen and safer than football or hockey.

Also the European and Latin American migrants seem to be pushing the sport professionally. I saw a red bulls game where the area behind the goals were raging, great atmosphere.

GreenCastle
29-05-2012, 09:22 PM
The Beckham effect?

Football (soccer is huge in USA) this was before Beckham arrived.

Beckham however has added to the game and given it more publicity and also help grow the domestic league.

They have been very clever to slowly build the league up and with the draft and salary cap it keeps it competitive - Beckhams team LA Galaxy are currently bottom of the league in the West and struggling this year - even though they were Champions last year.

One of the main differences with the US and Scotland is that the US seem very open to learning and new approaches - here in Scotland - coaching jobs are for the ex pros and not always the best coaches / managers. Add to that some of the dinosaurs still running our game and this is why in Scotland we aren't evolving quick enough.

H18sry
31-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Hope you had an enjoyable trip R :greengrin

FAR too easy :aok:

Trip was fantastic apart from the game it's self :thumbsup: