PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite English team

Pages : [1] 2

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Anyone have a preference for whatever reason?

Manchester United for me. I have family in Manchester and usually get down a few times each season. The last day of the EPL season was only surpassed in a negative sense by the cup final. Not a good year really.

Cocaine&Caviar
24-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Lowestoft Town followed by Norwich City.

Macaroon
24-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Always liked Spurs. Although Podolski signing for Arsenal is still threatening to make me do the unthinkable :worried:

hiblander
Admira Wacker oder Deutschland.

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
Arsenal.Just love watching the way football should be played, Free flowing fast attacking football with an end product, More so in the days with Henry, Ljunberg, Pires, Bergkamp,Vieira, Petit, Wiltord. But Hibernian first and foremost are my team i support

I like Arsenal as a team to watch, But wont ever get wrapped up in debate like the few on here that get all hot and bothered.

Soldiersteve
24-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Has to be the "Bubbles" for me. Lived in the area for 5 years. Liked seeing the local kids with West Ham kit, bags etc as opposed to "Glory Hunting" kit.

stevenhibs
24-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Bristol Rovers

JohnStephens91
24-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Liverpool, I never feel any of the emotions I do when I am at or watching one of their games as opposed to a Hibs one though. Hibs is just in the blood.

MyJo
24-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Always had a soft spot for noocastle

Billy McKirdy
24-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Luton Town

Not a good weekend for either of my teams last week :confused:

Sergey
24-05-2012, 08:25 PM
LOWESTOFT TOWN :aok:

patch1875
24-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Charlton athletic only because we used to go see them whilst on training courses

cocopops1875
24-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Been following Reading for a few years now (have mates down there) its been a rollercoaster lol

HH81
24-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Halifax town.

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Luton Town

I know what you mean. Torture.

NotoriousLor
24-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Arsenal.Just love watching the way football should be played, Free flowing fast attacking football with an end product, More so in the days with Henry, Ljunberg, Pires, Bergkamp,Vieira, Petit, Wiltord. But Hibernian first and foremost are my team i support

I like Arsenal as a team to watch, But wont ever get wrapped up in debate like the few on here that get all hot and bothered.

+1 :flag:

truehibernian
24-05-2012, 08:30 PM
West Ham United........and have a soft spot for Shrewsbury Town, although I think that is to do with a female I met from there who hit the spot ;-)

fordie2
24-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Had a soft spot for Chelsea for years! Loved watching Zola, Poyet, Di Matteo etc when I was a kid!

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 08:32 PM
West Ham United........and have a soft spot for Shrewsbury Town, although I think that is to do with a female I met from there who hit the spot ;-)

Go on..........:cb

StevieC
24-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Newcastle United

Toon Toon

Haymaker
24-05-2012, 08:34 PM
West Ham United. Although I keep an eye out for southampton and Mansfield town results as my friends follow them and they follow hibs up here.

Oh and crawley town too. Used to watch them back in the days, my dads co-worker played for them! (Securing my glory hunting status in the coming years)

truehibernian
24-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Go on..........:cb

It's a family show......couldn't possibly say mate ;-)

Wasn't down there to discuss the offside trap though !

hibee
24-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Started supporting Man Utd around 1980 but not very sure why, probably because they had quite a few Scottish players at the time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Has to be the "Bubbles" for me. Lived in the area for 5 years. Liked seeing the local kids with West Ham kit, bags etc as opposed to "Glory Hunting" kit.

I'm a glory hunting Hammer cos I loved the idea of a second division team winning The FA Cup, thanks to Sir Trev they did.

I luv going on away trips with West Ham, the fans are magic!

EHZERO7
24-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Newcastle United

JoeTortolanoFanClub
24-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Tooting and Mitcham United. My local team when I am back in London. Believe it or not, they have just had an even worse season than Hibs. :furious:

Hibercelona
24-05-2012, 08:40 PM
"The toon".

Because they're Scottish and they know it. :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Tooting and Mitcham United. My local team when I am back in London. Believe it or not, they have just had an even worse season than Hibs. :furious:

God help you

Postman
24-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Nightmare! They got relegated AND then pumped by their biggest rivals in a national cup final seen by the nation?? I feel for you

Arsenal for me

jdships
24-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Liverpool
My uncle was Billy Liddell

LFC Appearances 534
LFC Goals 228
International Caps 28
International Goals 6
Signed from Lochgelly Violet.

:thumbsup:

Thecat23
24-05-2012, 08:57 PM

This. West Ham fan since a lad as I have family there. Hibs will always be No.1 but still a huge WH fan.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
24-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Nightmare! They got relegated AND then pumped by their biggest rivals in a national cup final seen by the nation?? I feel for you

Arsenal for me

Relegated and used 90 players during the season, most of which were absolutely useless. I should have taken my own boots along to some of the games.

Next season should be entertaining though...at least off the pitch...the new manager has a sideline as a magician and is a member of the Magic Circle.

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Relegated and used 90 players during the season, most of which were absolutely useless. I should have taken my own boots along to some of the games.

Next season should be entertaining though...at least off the pitch...the new manager has a sideline as a magician and is a member of the Magic Circle.

Sounds familiar. Any Edinburgh connection?

JoeTortolanoFanClub
24-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Sounds familiar. Any Edinburgh connection?

Only that one of the ninety, Steve Ferguson, scored for Motherwell against Hibs in the 2002-03 season.

Holmesdale Hibs
24-05-2012, 09:15 PM
This. West Ham fan since a lad as I have family there. Hibs will always be No.1 but still a huge WH fan.

Sorry guys but it's Millwall for me. I moved to London 6 years ago and they're the closest thing I have to a local team - they beat Crystal Palace by a few miles.

I've been to a few games, the standard and atmosphere are both ok and sadly better than ER. The games aren't as scary as you'd think although I sit in the family section away from all the nutters.

Hibs will always be number 1 by some distance though.

Squealing pig
24-05-2012, 09:20 PM
bury

ehf
24-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Anyone have a preference for whatever reason?

Manchester United for me. I have family in Manchester and usually get down a few times each season. The last day of the EPL season was only surpassed in a negative sense by the cup final. Not a good year really.

Coventry City when I was a wee laddie cos I liked the strip; Arsenal for the last 30 odd years cos they are pure class. 3 May 1989!

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2012, 09:24 PM
When i moved to London, Spurs were great to watch with Hoddle, Ardiles, Archibald Crooks and the likes. That team were very good, and i'd go and watch them when not playing myself.

Then Arsenal started to play the best football i'd seen, Henry and that team were the Barcelona of the time.

Blackpool are having a good time at the moment, punching way above their weight, and playing some good stuff into the bargain.

Basically what i'm trying to say is, i like good football and like those teams that play the game well, the hibs way. :wink:

hibeelady
24-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Leeds utd - classic white strip and Arsenal

_hucks_
24-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a lot of Liverpool fan friends here who all keep an eye out for the Hibs, with one or two who have got right into it, so I do feel a bond with Liverpool, but more because of the friends who support them than the club itself.

I was also taken along to an AFC Wimbledon game early this season by a friend that supports them and have gone to other games since, as it was a cracking day out and I really like their support. Have certainly developed a soft spot for them!

Sir David Gray
24-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Manchester Utd. Although, contrary to what a few people on here will say, the way I feel about them pales into insignificance in comparison with how I feel about Hibs.

To be fair, apart from Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea, there's not many English sides that I really dislike.

LancsHibs
24-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Blackpool & Fleetwood Town it's a Lancashire thing:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 09:29 PM
If Old Trafford was half as good as ER I'd go more often, but who needs 76,000 seats when they don't even play in green? :greengrin

thekaratekid
24-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Arsenal

since the George Graham days

Denis Bergkamp is one of my favourite players ever

Judas Iscariot
24-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Man City

Couldn't bare all the glory hunting Manure fans as a bairn, liked the city strips, found out the Gallagher brothers were fans and I loved Kinkladze :agree:

KingFranck
24-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Newcastle for me planning on going to see them a few times next season

Sylar
24-05-2012, 09:33 PM
I used to enjoy watching Arsenal when they had The Untouchables playing for them but in no way am I an Arsenal fan.

Don't really support any English team, but there are certainly some I hate more than others...

truehibernian
24-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Coventry City when I was a wee laddie cos I liked the strip; Arsenal for the last 30 odd years cos they are pure class. 3 May 1989!

Please, not the brown one ? I have nightmares seeing Ian 'ginger afro' Wallace in that strip.......shivers down the spine.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2012, 09:36 PM
I should probably chuck in Inter Milan here, but, I think it was more to do with Lothar Matthaus than the team, but, I've kept an eye out for them ever since! Yet to make it to the other San Siro tho!

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Man City

Couldn't bare all the glory hunting Manure fans as a bairn, liked the city strips, found out the Gallagher brothers were fans and I loved Kinkladze :agree:

But what about all the gloryhunting Man ****ty fans that have popped up in the past couple of years?

Sir David Gray
24-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I should probably chuck in Inter Milan here, but, I think it was more to do with Lothar Matthaus than the team, but, I've kept an eye out for them ever since! Yet to make it to the other San Siro tho!

When did Milan move to England!? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Aye, I just realised that! Must've been the same time as the Jerry mob on page 1!

Judas Iscariot
24-05-2012, 09:40 PM
But what about all the gloryhunting Man ****ty fans that have popped up in the past couple of years?

What about them?

Hermit Crab
24-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Man City

I was the same, all my mates loved man u I wanted to be different so i went for city much to the amusement of my mates after several relegations.

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 09:44 PM
What about them?

No better than any other type of gloryhunter you can't stand, particularly as their money isn't from earnings but from a billionaire, and what's in it for him? At least clubs like Man United spend their own money, generated by the club. Man City and Chelsea don't do that.

Ferryhibby
24-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Used to be Leeds Utd in the early 70's because they had loads of scottish players and their white strip with the yellow and blue stripe down the sleeves and the admiral tags on the socks were class.....migrated to West Ham in the 80's and have stuck ever since HAPPY HAMMERS at least one of my teams got success this year

SuperTortolano
24-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Married to a girl from Wolverhampton, it has to be Wolves. Friendly in the Midlands, you heard it here first!

green glory
24-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Married to a girl from Wolverhampton, it has to be Wolves. Friendly in the Midlands, you heard it here first!

Who did you hear it from?

James.
24-05-2012, 09:56 PM
The Baggies :aok:

Boing Boing

lyonhibs
24-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Arsenal, because I was the kid who would happily go in goals in the school playground. The best goalie in the world - or at least the one with the best 'tache - at the time - early/mid 1990's?

One David Seaman.

SouthEnglandHib
24-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Surprised not many had 'big' premiership teams if I'm honest.

But obviously for me;

Stevenage.

London Hibs FC
24-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Ipswich Town as a Kid (FA Cup Final 1978, Dad went for Arsenal), still look out for their results but I can't say I support them any more.

Millwall is my local team, there's part of me would like to follow them but for some reason I'd rather listen to a s***e Hibs team on line etc. than dedicate time to a club I don't feel is 'mine'.

Used to go to the Vincente Calderon every second Sunday in Madrid (from 95-97) and did develop a wee bit passion for Atleti but the infatuation passed soon after leaving, delighted they won the Europa Cup however and still maintain that all Merengues are cabrones.

I only have one true love :agree:

West Upper
24-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Liverpool

I started supporting them because my dad is from Liverpool.

Jones28
24-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Always look out for West Ham and Newcastle - last weekend could have been just that wee bit worse if the Hammers ahd lost the play-off final :rolleyes:

Lots of West Ham Hibs fans though! Why is that? :aok:

Bishop Hibee
24-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Sunderland and I may be seeing a lot more of them unless Petrie votes against the huns getting back in the SPL in a newco form.

The Harp Awakes
24-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Everton

ehf
24-05-2012, 11:14 PM

No, no: all sky blue. No 43 in the Subuteo catalogue IIRC!

Hibspirational
24-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Stockport County.

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

ForrieGreen
24-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Man United

but why the hell was this thread made :confused::confused:, the clue is in the name "hibs".net, This forum is starting to get a bad name because of mince like this :grr:

London Hibs FC
24-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Man United

but why the hell was this thread made :confused::confused:, the clue is in the name "hibs".net, This forum is starting to get a bad name because of mince like this :grr:

Then why the hell post on this thread???

Macaroon
24-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Man United

Mince like this? Or people like you?

heretoday
24-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Everton - The School of Science. A glamour side in the sixties.

I've been there. It's The People's Club.

El Gubbz
24-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Always look out for West Ham and Newcastle - last weekend could have been just that wee bit worse if the Hammers ahd lost the play-off final :rolleyes:

West Ham aswell because of family having ST's. Don't know how there is so many hibs and hammer fans. Would think people would be put off by the colour, probably more to do with 2 big clubs with great histories, a previous with producing great young players and underachiving every year

neilmartinrocks
25-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Man City since '79-80 god they were *****!!
though only been to Eastlands 4 times but im a fan.
i support Hibs.

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 12:00 AM
West Ham aswell because of family having ST's. Don't know how there is so many hibs and hammer fans. Would think people would be put off by the colour, probably more to do with 2 big clubs with great histories, a previous with producing great young players and underachiving every year

IMO, Upton Park has the best atmosphere in London ..... nothing like it!

neilmartinrocks
25-05-2012, 12:04 AM
IMO, Upton Park has the best atmosphere in London ..... nothing like it!

ive got an old book where its called Bowlyne (sp) Park its set in the '20's any idea why?
just curious.

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 12:12 AM
ive got an old book where its called Bowlyne (sp) Park its set in the '20's any idea why?
just curious.

The Boleyn Ground is actually Upton Park ....... I don't know when it became common to use the latter, Upton Park is the name of the area where the ground in located.

neilmartinrocks
25-05-2012, 12:19 AM
The Boleyn Ground is actually Upton Park ....... I don't know when it became common to use the latter, Upton Park is the name of the area where the ground in located.

it was in an old paperback set in east ham about dockers after ww1 iirc it gets called both.think it also refers to west ham as the IRONS.

hiblander
25-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Everyone who has posted to this i question your English team....i think it shows about as much support for the team..

Hibees....nobody on this post supports the Hibees. This is the problem...this is the problem no true Hibees your all *******ised to support English its the same gene that hits Scottish football from the age of 11 when i was a boy...

No one in Supports Borrusia Dormund or Steau Bucharest ?? oder Madrid or Milan ?? ****** the English come on man dont be duum !! Bazern Munich for gods sakes...

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 12:22 AM
it was in an old paperback set in east ham about dockers after ww1 iirc it gets called both.think it also refers to west ham as the IRONS.

Club was originally known as Thames Ironworks, changed their name at the turn of the century.

HoboHarry
25-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Crewe Alexandra....

neilmartinrocks
25-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Club was originally known as Thames Ironworks, changed their name at the turn of the century.

cheers for clearing that for me.
:aok:

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Everyone who has posted to this i question your English team....i think it shows about as much support for the team..

Hibees....nobody on this post supports the Hibees. This is the problem...this is the problem no true Hibees your all *******ised to support English its the same gene that hits Scottish football from the age of 11 when i was a boy...

Seriously Son, are you just on the wind up tonight???

I don't have an English Team but to suggest that those who have posted on this thread are not a true Hibs supporters is nothing short of ridiculous!!

neilmartinrocks
25-05-2012, 12:28 AM

No one in Supports Borrusia Dormund or Steau Bucharest ?? oder Madrid or Milan ?? ****** the English come on man dont be duum !! Bazern Munich for gods sakes...

Man City since '79-80 god they were *****!!though only been to Eastlands 4 times but im a fan. i support Hibs.

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 12:31 AM

No need for that, there are a good few English Hibbys who post on here!!

TrickyNicky
25-05-2012, 12:35 AM

Thairs a match for the dyslexics - Oder V Bazern - would the team sheet be in wingdings ?:wink:

Dunbar Hibee
25-05-2012, 12:51 AM
West Ham.

StokePogesHibs
25-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Arsenal....the Hibs of the south....I wish

The_Horde
25-05-2012, 12:54 AM
My dad got me supporting Liverpool, bought me my first strip when i was about 5.

He also got me supporting my other team.. Swansea, i was born in Neath which is just outside of Swansea and my dad was a regular at their home games while we he was down there. Of course none of us thought Swansea would ever reach the premiership and i wasn't sure who i would be backing when it came down to them going head to head but I found out I'm just not cut out for this glory hunting thing and when it comes down to it it's Swansea all the way.

I still want the pool to do well though! :wink:

muzzhfc
25-05-2012, 12:55 AM
man utd for me. hibs are first and foremost. united due to the scottish manager factor, always look out for the scottish managed teams like everton - huge respect to moyes - and norwich. also like the teams like spurs/newcastle who come out of "nowhere"/sleeping giants and mix things up.

hiblander
25-05-2012, 12:59 AM
Thairs a match for the dyslexics - Oder V Bazern - would the team sheet be in wingdings ?:wink:

When you type with a German Keyboard they have the other keys sorry like ü und ö so unless you think your good have a look where im typing from have a look where my family is from and check my previous posts Kannst du lesen ?????????
und ich habe trinke viel mehr trinke dan dich aber ich kann trinke dir uner den tische.

So go FK Trickynicky ! haha ! :aok:

Wohin sprechen nicht mit den Hibee das sprecht Deutsch gehabt ?

You´ve never met a Hibee who can speak Deutsch

TrickyNicky
25-05-2012, 01:00 AM
When I was younger, i really loved Notts Forest.

It was through default as my mum started knitting a scarf for my cousin in Sheffield - who was a Sheffield United fan.

She was knitting it in red and white until my auld man told her she needed to put black in it as well, so she gave me the scarf and I told everyone it was a Forest scarf that I got when I went to England and watch them play

I had never been to England or seen them play but I was so impressed with my own lie that it became an obsession.

I got the shiny V-neck Adidas top and Forest were soon becoming the best - I thought it was meant to be.

TrickyNicky
25-05-2012, 01:04 AM
When you type with a German Keyboard they have the other keys sorry like ü und ö so unless you think your good have a look where im typing from have a look where my family is from and check my previous posts Kannst du lesen ?????????
und ich habe trinke viel mehr trinke dan dich aber ich kann trinke dir uner den tische.

Relaxinhausen man !

It wasn't a dig at you.

Am I really a trinke dan dich aber ??:greengrin

hiblander
25-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Relaxinhausen man !

It wasn't a dig at you.

Am I really a trinke dan dich aber ??:greengrin

Im a Highlander your English you do the mathematics sonneshine. and dont give me no Joe Cocker to change my mind son...

...I banish you to forty days of Runrig !!!

:cb :aok:

Green Reaper
25-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Surprised not many had 'big' premiership teams if I'm honest.

But obviously for me;

Stevenage.

Em...Hitchin ya bas! Na, some great times following the Hammers, especially the away games, that's how you support your team!

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2012, 01:38 AM

They first played in 1895 at Hermit Road in Canning Town under that name, then Browning Road in East Ham, before moving to Plaistow to play at The Memorial Grounds and then onto The Boleyn Ground in 1904.

hiblander
25-05-2012, 01:46 AM
They first played in 1895 at Hermit Road in Canning Town under that name, then Browning Road in East Ham, before moving to Plaistow to play at The Memorial Grounds and then onto The Boleyn Ground in 1904.

Go listen to some Runrig !!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2012, 01:47 AM
just curious.

The stadium is/was located in the grounds of Green Street House which was locally known as Boleyn Castle 'cos Henry VIII's first wife either owned or lived there at some point.

Theres a boozer at the bottom of Green Street called The Boleyn and is absolute madness in the place on a matchday!

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Go listen to some Runrig !!!

You know how to make mates on here mate eh?

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 01:56 AM
The stadium is/was located in the grounds of Green Street House which was locally known as Boleyn Castle 'cos Henry VIII's first wife either owned or lived there at some point.

Theres a boozer at the bottom of Green Street called The Boleyn and is absolute madness in the place on a matchday!

Good to have them back in the Premiership, I'll definitely get along to a couple of games next season.

hiblander
25-05-2012, 02:00 AM
You know how to make mates on here mate eh?

Look mate I am in Vienna I am very affectionate with Steohen Hutchison a one time keeper for Ross County otherwise my typing mistakes come from the german computer as there are charachters like ü und ä.

Otherwise mate i love the Hibees i think a lot of people on here need to chill on there posts i dont agree mit dem philosophy for the club...

I mean come on 8000 posts Jesus man needs to calm down like, totally destrozed mind with füssball !

auf wiedersehen!

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2012, 02:01 AM
If its going to be for more than 1 season theres a lot of strengthening of the squad to be done.

Made it down a few times this season, its usually a "fun" day out!

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Look mate I am in Vienna I am very affectionate with Steohen Hutchison a one time keeper for Ross County otherwise my typing mistakes come from the german computer as there are charachters like ü und ä.

Otherwise mate i love the Hibees i think a lot of people on here need to chill on there posts i dont agree mit dem philosophy for the club...

I mean come on 8000 posts Jesus man needs to calm down like, totally destrozed mind with füssball !

auf wiedersehen!

Thats me told then, I think!

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 02:10 AM
[QUOTE=hiblander;3245428] I am in Vienna I am very affectionate with Steohen Hutchison :dancer::greengrin

hiblander
25-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Thats me told then, I think!

If you looked under the post earlier (my first post ever) (Interesting Thought) you would see what I.m talking about,....

Mein problem ist das man kann nicht spreche uber das ding das man mochte sprechen...!

Too many people supporting hibs on here that i do not really agree with it makes my supporting for the team feel less, and gives me more backing for my little team,...

aka Ross County...too many thuds at Hibs to make a go !

:cb

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Mein problem ist das man kann nicht spreche uber das ding das man mochte sprechen...!

Stay radgey Gadgey :aok:

hiblander
25-05-2012, 02:20 AM
stay radgey gadgey :aok:

support my oust the chairman campaign please !!!!!!!!!

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 02:30 AM
support my oust the chairman campaign please !!!!!!!!!

Where do I sign? :devil:

hiblander
25-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Nice I Start the thread you answer the causes !

Then I will come in Lead the Revolt and we´ll both be on TV waving goodbye to the Chairman !!

Das ist simple :aok:

I think it starts now, I think we need this action now, will have a better buyer than the Gers....think about it !!! It makes sense..

Petrie needs to go now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London Hibs FC
25-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Then I will come in Lead the Revolt and we´ll both be on TV waving goodbye to the Chairman !!
!

Ok, if you are going to lead us into Revolution then the first thing we'll need to do is get you a UK keyboard! :cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2012, 02:54 AM
If you looked under the post earlier (my first post ever) (Interesting Thought)

Don't think i'll bother, thanks.

hiblander
25-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Don't think i'll bother, thanks.

Come on fellow Hibee, we´re hurting but this is the time for change.

There will be a buyer.

spike220
25-05-2012, 03:30 AM
It has to be Yeovil Town FC.

They play in the exactly the same colour as Hibs.

Home: Green/White
Away: Yellow.

Their pitch even has a slope.

I can never get to passionate about them though, I dont even bother checking their results most week, but I do keep an eye open for them and wish them well. Have not met many fans though!

There is only one football team I care about.

GGTTH

HH81
25-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Man United

It's the man u fans on this thread giving everyone a bad name :-).

Ash Vale Hibee
25-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Bristol City. Moved down to Bristol when I was 8 and they were my closest team

Gatecrasher
25-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Used to quite like Liverpool, seen them play a few times but stopped watching English football a few years ago, prefer just sticking to the SPL and any other game I may have interest in.

PeeJay
25-05-2012, 06:55 AM
It's Man. United for me, liked them since the days of Busby, Charlton, Best, Law, Kidd, Stepney and Nobby ...

Still a Hibs fan BTW....

... andt his comes to you courtesy of a German keyboard...practise make perfect :greengrin

Newry Hibs
25-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Luton Town

Same here. Not great. Just wonder which is the next team to get massive investment and romp the league next year?

Used to go all the time in the 80's and early 90's. Had a really good team then. Still hoped to hear the Hibs score announced at full time, but rarely did.

StevieC
25-05-2012, 07:20 AM
stopped watching English football a few years ago, prefer just sticking to the SPL.

Very commendable.

I can't see the logic in it, but very commendable nonetheless.

WHUHibs
25-05-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm a glory hunting Hammer cos I loved the idea of a second division team winning The FA Cup, thanks to Sir Trev they did.

I luv going on away trips with West Ham, the fans are magic!

I'm a big hammers fan as well, first game my uncle took me to was against Birmingham city , Trevor Francis debut as a million pound player, hammers won 1-0.

Went to barnsley, Leeds, Middlesbrough last season, fans are brilliant, sing and stand the whole game no matter the score.

Particularly remember losing 3-0 at Man united and there were 3000 west ham fans who pretended to score goal one etc and then started singing 3-0 you ****ed it up,, man united fans were certainly bemused!

Seems a few hammers fans on here,,could go to a northern game if there was enough by train or car...either way I will pick my games for next season :greengrin

WHUHibs
25-05-2012, 07:37 AM

Coz we don't like following fashionable clubs and used to not winning trophies,,there are some similarities and if either team wins its a feeling you can't beat :greengrin

lapsedhibee
25-05-2012, 07:39 AM
... andt his comes to you courtesy of a German keyboard...practise make perfect :greengrin

Well, perfect apart from the three mistakes in it. :wink:

WHUHibs
25-05-2012, 07:40 AM
:top marks

StevesFamau5
25-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Bradford City for me.. Although I have no logical explanation as to why :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

blackpoolhibs
25-05-2012, 07:44 AM
I have answered above earlier, but some of the posts on this thread got me asking myself another question. What teams do you hate, now apart from the gimps and the huns. I now dislike anything Austrian.

PeeJay
25-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Well, perfect apart from the three mistakes in it. :wink:

Yeah...:faf: - no excuses - must practise some more, it seems ...:greengrin

Posh Swanny
25-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Born and bred a Poshie, and these are good times!

Been in Edinburgh since 2001 and lived just a short walk from Easter Road so popped along every now and again to get my football fix. It was only when I be-friended a few proper Hibbys and Tony Mowbray worked his magic that I started to get into it.

Mind you, poshlander on www.londonroad.net can't believe I have an allegiance to a "Jock" team. He says I should have a word with myself and support Sturm Graz.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm a big hammers fan as well, first game my uncle took me to was against Birmingham city , Trevor Francis debut as a million pound player, hammers won 1-0.

Went to barnsley, Leeds, Middlesbrough last season, fans are brilliant, sing and stand the whole game no matter the score.

Particularly remember losing 3-0 at Man united and there were 3000 west ham fans who pretended to score goal one etc and then started singing 3-0 you ****ed it up,, man united fans were certainly bemused!

Seems a few hammers fans on here,,could go to a northern game if there was enough by train or car...either way I will pick my games for next season :greengrin

Went to Donny, 'Boro, Sheff Wed, Blackpool away and Peterborough, Barnsley, Bristol City, Millwall and Hull at home, although never quite made it to the stadium on a couple of occasions!

The most ridiculous weather of the year that night in Middlesbrough.

LancashireHibby
25-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Bolton Wanderers for me, my local team. Although I went to 12 Hibs games this season and only 7 Bolton games. Fair to say it hasn't been a good season (especially as this is the first season I haven't followed a non league team since Leigh Genesis went bust last summer).

the stig
25-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Since i was about 5, man u and wolves. Man u because of my dad supporting them and wolves because i liked the colour of the strip. Which means it has been a really poor season to sit through.

Jones28
25-05-2012, 10:03 AM

Pish

I SUPPORT Hibs by spending hundreds of pounds on them over the course of the year, buying season tickets, going to home and away matches, vocal support, singing and everything that I don't do for the English teams who's results I look out for.

I like it when they win, and if they lose then they lose. Pales into insignificance in terms of the emotions I go through with Hibs.

cad
25-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Liverpool for me ,early 70s , and I always keep an eye out for the West Ham score ,no the same when the cabbage score tho

tartanhibee
25-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Hartlepool Utd for me. Never really followed an English club but my brother in law is from there and have been to a fair few games now. The league one play-off final in 2005 at the milleneum stadium being the highlight.

We hung the monkey we'll hang you is a particular favourite of mine of there songbook.

Hibs are my passion though.

Fisherrow Harp
25-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Derby County for me, mate a season ticket holder there and just something I love about the super rams! :aok:

MB62
25-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Everton

PatHead
25-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Gillingham for me. Brother lived down there. Not a good season for me either team

neilmartinrocks
25-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Pish

I SUPPORT Hibs by spending hundreds of pounds on them over the course of the year, buying season tickets, going to home and away matches, vocal support, singing and everything that I don't do for the English teams who's results I look out for.

I like it when they win, and if they lose then they lose. Pales into insignificance in terms of the emotions I go through with Hibs.

this. a fan of Man City a supporter of Hibs.

Greentinted
25-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Liverpool. I mind watching MotD as a bairn (on a black and white porty) in the 70s and was mesmerised by the way they played (Toshack, Keegan, Callaghan, Heighway et-al). I hadn't a clue as to the status of the club.
When Souness was appointed manager though, my enthusiasm waned and now, while I enjoy watching English football I don't get any real feelings of belonging.
Scottish fitba'...it may be a bit of a shambles presently but it's oor shambles and I'd take Hibs v Motherwell over Liverpool v Man U any day.

LancsHibs
25-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Scottish fitba'...it may be a bit of a shambles presently but it's oor shambles and I'd take Hibs v Motherwell over Liverpool v Man U any day.

This:aok:

Benny Brazil
25-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Spurs for me.

Last Saturday was not a good day for either Hibs or Spurs

Hibeesmad
25-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Tottenham hotspur

HibbySpurs
25-05-2012, 12:24 PM
You will have to guess mine:greengrin

wick hibby
25-05-2012, 12:26 PM
SPUR:flag:S

FromTheCapital
25-05-2012, 12:56 PM
The Champions! Man City for me...

Have got relatives down there and usually go to a few games!

BullbreedHFC
25-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Manchester City - first watched them 30yrs ago, great to see them doing so well :aok: hope its the hibees turn next :flag:

Scouse Hibee
25-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Liverpool

I started supporting them because my dad is from Liverpool.

That's my boy! :greengrin

BarneyHibby
25-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Crystal Palace

HibbySpurs
25-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I dont see overly many shouts for A***nal which is as pleasing as the number of shouts FOR Spurs....

The manky mob in London are just far too much like Edinburgh's manky mob for my liking :greengrin:greengrin

PISTOL1875
25-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Manchester City for me.. I got something to cheer about this season but would've swapped all of that for HIbs to win last weekend..

WHUHibs
25-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Went to Donny, 'Boro, Sheff Wed, Blackpool away and Peterborough, Barnsley, Bristol City, Millwall and Hull at home, although never quite made it to the stadium on a couple of occasions!

The most ridiculous weather of the year that night in Middlesbrough.

Boro was Baltic that night, did park quite close to stadium which helped,,glad I'm not a boro fan as they are quieter than a church mouse. Zemma also did nöthing tht night. Barnsley was like Beirut on a good day, Blackpool was on my list but was abroad at the time. Year before I was at Liverpool,villa, Birmingham, man city, man united,,,,try and fit west ham games around hibs,,,however the games in England do bring some light relief with the humour:greengrin

Treadstone
25-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I dont see overly many shouts for A***nal which is as pleasing as the number of shouts FOR Spurs....

The manky mob in London are just far too much like Edinburgh's manky mob for my liking :greengrin:greengrin

Arsenal Fan say no more . Soccer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c29OpzjjXc0

homielang
25-05-2012, 03:02 PM
West Ham for me!

Billychaotic182
25-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Spurs for me. Have a soft spot for Leeds as well

McKenzie
25-05-2012, 06:06 PM
The Yids mainly because of the football they play

Falkirk Hibby
25-05-2012, 07:52 PM
<-------- Great Gransden, particularly the U11's as I am the manager

Go and watch Villa as well.........Hibs and Villa, sheesh silly me! :rolleyes:

Del Boy
25-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Leeds

The_Todd
25-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Spurs, ever since Klinsmann signed after USA '94.

The_Todd
25-05-2012, 08:30 PM

It's very pleasing, and probably something to do with flair and attacking football.

:duck:

Hibernia&Alba
25-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm happy that England's most inherently Irish club, Man United, are the epitome of English football's global appeal. The EPL wouldn't have nearly as much a pull without them. From ignored nobodies to the biggest and best on the basis of ability.

Lang Toun Hibs
25-05-2012, 09:31 PM

Wohin sprechen nicht mit den Hibee das sprecht Deutsch gehabt ?

You´ve never met a Hibee who can speak Deutsch

Unter dem Tisch.....no?

The_Todd
25-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Unter dem Tisch.....no?

Ugh. German articles and cases, used to drive me nuts. But I think you're right.

Lang Toun Hibs
25-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Colchester Utd and Ipswich Town which is a bit controversial I know. VfB Stuttgart from Germany.

yeezus.
25-05-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't support an English team but if I had to I'd probably say Macclesfield town. A distant relation played for them a few years back.

Gmack7
25-05-2012, 10:07 PM
i'm a happy hammer
and a ***** sick hibee

SouthamptonHibs
25-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Pompey then Saints also like watching Liverpool, Chelski, Arsenal, West Ham Man Utd and Spurs

HibeeN
25-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Unter dem Tisch.....no?

'Unter' can take dative or accusative...pretty sure it's 'den' in this case. Any native speakers feel free to chip in, this thread has got more interesting for its german grammar than the original question!

Don't really support an english team. Lived in germany for a year and adopted bayern after going to see a game...probably a bit of glory hunting (well, not the past couple of seasons!) but I figured I was entitled to a bit of that since I don't get much luck with hibs!

The_Todd
25-05-2012, 10:43 PM
'Unter' can take dative or accusative...pretty sure it's 'den' in this case. Any native speakers feel free to chip in, this thread has got more interesting for its german grammar than the original question!

Don't really support an english team. Lived in germany for a year and adopted bayern after going to see a game...probably a bit of glory hunting (well, not the past couple of seasons!) but I figured I was entitled to a bit of that since I don't get much luck with hibs!

Depends on if you think drinking someone under the table would be a verb of motion or not. Technically drinking would be stationary and therefore dative.

Gosh, are we really discussing this on Hibs.net?

cheltenhamhibee
25-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Cheltenham Town for me, lived there for over 20 yrs, always watch them in a Hibs top tho and wish i was at Easter Road while i'm at Whaddon Road, hoping for a better result on Sunday at Wembley, mon the rubies

Highland Hibby
25-05-2012, 11:41 PM
From stamford bridge to upton park, u can stick yer blue flag up yer...... COYI

Aye its the hammers for me too, big cockney rejects and cock sparrer fan as a laddie and it all just grew from that.

Well chuffed to see so many hibby hammers :greengrin

dazza
26-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Newcastle for me!

Brooster
26-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Wolves.

HH81
26-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm happy that England's most inherently Irish club, Man United, are the epitome of English football's global appeal. The EPL wouldn't have nearly as much a pull without them. From ignored nobodies to the biggest and 2nd best on the basis of ability.

Updated.

LancsHibs
26-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I'm happy that England's most inherently Irish club, Man United, are the epitome of English football's global appeal. The EPL wouldn't have nearly as much a pull without them. From ignored nobodies to the biggest and best on the basis of ability.

What's Irish about Manchester United??? Know hundreds of United fans living down here who support them for various reasons, originally from Manchester, family from Manchester, dad made me, but mainly just glory hunting sheep without any real explanation! But I have never heard any make any Irish links?

StevieC
26-05-2012, 08:43 AM
What's Irish about Manchester United???

They are the preferred 2nd team for a substantial section of the Celtc support so that must make them Irish by association, no?

Hibrandenburg
26-05-2012, 08:57 AM
EPL leaves me cold. Can't get the same emotional connection with any other team than Hibs. My god I've tried!

lucky
26-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Manchester United since I was a boy. Liked their nickname Red Devils.This was before the Fergie era. Even got the tattoo.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-05-2012, 09:42 AM

Dearie me!

snooky
26-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Black Cats and the Toon (I know, there's a glaring conflict there).
Also had a soft spot for Man City until they did a 'Chelsea'.

Postman
26-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Pompey then Saints also like watching Liverpool, Chelski, Arsenal, West Ham Man Utd and Spurs

That allowed?? Can't be many like you, Isn't that a bit like following Hibs and Hearts?

lyonhibs
26-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Dearie me!

:agree::agree:

Quite apart from the nonsense logic of liking Man U because they are "Irish" - why they aren't really - I would posit that - as Manchester isn't even a port town, and given the population movements from Ireland in the 1840's/50's, that the city of Liverpool would - if they really cared - contest that claim.

No idea which of the Scouse clubs has the biggest Irish influence, but given their persistent whining and delusions of grandeur, I'd guess Liverpool...........

:fishin:

Hibernian blade
26-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Sheffield United ....... I am **** at choosing footbal teams :greengrin

--------
26-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Arsenal and Forest are the two whose reults I tend to look for, followed by Newcastle United. Mainly because of Hibs connections - Joe Baker, John McNamee.

PeeJay
26-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Depends on if you think drinking someone under the table would be a verb of motion or not. Technically drinking would be stationary and therefore dative.

Gosh, are we really discussing this on Hibs.net?

Akkusativ - 4te Fall

"Ich trinke Dich unter den Tisch..."

HibeeN
26-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Akkusativ - 4te Fall

"Ich trinke Dich unter den Tisch..."

Woohoo! So I did learn something in my year over there! :greengrin

PeeJay
26-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Woohoo! So I did learn something in my year over there! :greengrin

...yet another Bayern fan who does not come from Munich - well, well! :greengrin

HibeeN
26-05-2012, 04:33 PM
...yet another Bayern fan who does not come from Munich - well, well! :greengrin

I know, I know! In my defence, I did admit it outright, no excuses. :greengrin I've always favoured the German national side after Scotland, and since many of them play for Bayern, it was Bayern I wanted to go and see when I was over there. Met a good few Borussia Dortmund fans who took great delight in pointing out the error of my ways as well!

MWHIBBIES
26-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Arsenal, loved watching Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires etc

seven nowt
27-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Liverpool are my favourite English club..hope to go to Anfield for the first time soon! Fans are amazing and ofcourse, there's a Scottish link.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Birmingham City.

But I like to see Liverpool, Everton (because of Moyes) and Norwich do well too.

Not both of them :greengrin

Gala Foxes
27-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Leicester City FC

Have followed them (home + away) from Scotland since 1977

Been to Wembley 5 times with them

+ Derby Play Off - WON
+ Palace Play Off - WON
+ Boro - League Cup Final - drew + won after replay
+ Spurs -League Cup Final - lost (just !)
+ Tranmere - League Cup Final - WON

but I am not a glory hunter - have been to Watford / Palace / Barnsley / Grimsby (twice) and Berwick (amongst loads of others) to see the Foxes

Dinkydoo
27-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Tend to look out for the Arsenal results, but the only football team I support is Hibernian F.C.

lapsedhibee
27-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Arsenal and Forest are the two whose reults I tend to look for, followed by Newcastle United. Mainly because of Hibs connections - Joe Baker, John McNamee.

Aye, plenty more Hibs connections at those teams. Cropley, Marinello, Cormack, Blackley, Scott & Simpson that spring to mind.

Nuitdelune
27-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Arsenal. Was moved to England as a baby so knew nothing about Hibs for a good while until into my teens. Loved the old Highbury stadium. Look at Leeds Utd also as my brother (who moved to Canada in the 80s) supported them in their heyday and used to go to Elland Road in his white skinners thinking he was tough, which he wasn't as our mother used to iron a crease in them...

CropleyWasGod
27-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Aye, plenty more Hibs connections at those teams. Cropley, Marinello, Cormack, Blackley, Scott & Simpson that spring to mind.

Brownlie, Callachan, John Robertson :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Tooting and Mitcham United. My sis stays down that way and I always go. Imperial Fields is a smashing little ground and with The Hub they have a proper community set up. Loved the old ground at Sandy Lane though, especially the Bog End.

Bill Milne
29-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Bristol Rovers

A few guys in the Hibs Club support the Gas and we have been down on more than a few occasions to see them. As York City have been promoted, this will be a prime candidate for next year.:thumbsup:

Lungo--Drom
29-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Bamber Bridge FC for me! :cb

Finished tenth in the Evo Stik First Division North this season. I go right past their ground at the Irongate (aka QED Stadium) to do with my work and a couple of times the previous season I saw the team out practicing in the early evening and was pretty impressed by the attitude and skill level. I eventually went to a match against Durham City which Brig' lost but being a Hibby I didn't let that taint my view of the team and the level of play on the field was as good as sometimes I've seen at SPL venues and I am not exaggerating that. The gate price is £8 and two strips of raffle tickets makes that up to £10. The pie stall is open all of the match and before obviously. You can see the match from the pie stall. There is a club house with a bar and the main stand is really modern, a bit like the East at ER but in miniature. So Hibs always comes first but if things get too dire at ER I can escape to the Irongate for an alternative view of football.

http://www.bamberbridgefc.co.uk/cms/data/upimages/subfolders/stadium/ground03.jpg

Above is the main Gerry Lawson Stand where I recline in virtual luxury...

http://www.bamberbridgefc.co.uk/cms/data/upimages/subfolders/stadium/ground04.jpg

Opposite the Main Stand is this 'terracing' but as per the old club website, "As you can see the side opposite the main stand still needs developing, but some of the most vociferous home supporters stand on this grassy bank." So this is the home of BBFC's unnamed 'Section 43' really :aok:

http://www.bamberbridgefc.co.uk/cms/data/upimages/subfolders/stadium/ground01.jpg

And finally above is the club house, administration building, the 'bike shed', the pie stall is just behind the goal and to the very left is the Club Shop which sadly has been closed for two years due to not having anyone to run it. I've still got a 2011/12 jersey right enough :wink:

Come on the Brig'!!! :not worth

lapsedhibee
29-05-2012, 10:03 AM

Finished tenth in the Evo Stik First Division North this season. I go right past their ground at the Irongate (aka QED Stadium) to do with my work and a couple of times the previous season I saw the team out practicing in the early evening and was pretty impressed by the attitude and skill level. I eventually went to a match against Durham City which Brig' lost but being a Hibby I didn't let that taint my view of the team and the level of play on the field was as good as sometimes I've seen at SPL venues and I am not exaggerating that. The gate price is £8 and two strips of raffle tickets makes that up to £10. The pie stall is open all of the match and before obviously. You can see the match from the pie stall. There is a club house with a bar and the main stand is really modern, a bit like the East at ER but in miniature. So Hibs always comes first but if things get too dire at ER I can escape to the Irongate for an alternative view of football.

http://www.bamberbridgefc.co.uk/cms/data/upimages/subfolders/stadium/ground03.jpg

http://www.bamberbridgefc.co.uk/cms/data/upimages/subfolders/stadium/ground04.jpg

Opposite the Main Stand is this 'terracing' but as per the old club website, "As you can see the side opposite the main stand still needs developing, but some of the most vociferous home supporters stand on this grassy bank." So this is the home of BBFC's unnamed 'Section 43' really :aok:

http://www.bamberbridgefc.co.uk/cms/data/upimages/subfolders/stadium/ground01.jpg

And finally above is the club house, administration building, the 'bike shed', the pie stall is just behind the goal and to the very left is the Club Shop which sadly has been closed for two years due to not having anyone to run it. I've still got a 2011/12 jersey right enough :wink:

Nice report, but is there anywhere you can get a pie? You don't seem to have made any mention.

seven nowt
29-05-2012, 10:49 AM
to the wee who said anyone who posts on here isn't a hibs fan. i clearly posted on my post that I am not a supporter of my favourite english team (the thread title does not read "the English club you support") I don't support ANY other team than Hibs and I don't feel any emotion watching my favourite teams from other countries!

Hibs fan since birth.

LancashireHibby
29-05-2012, 11:24 AM

Before we went bust last summer, I was on the board at Leigh Genesis who were in the same league as Brig - always enjoyed my trips there (even though one year we played them was an absolute monsoon, with neither side taking the game seriously until they'd been playing for about an hour and realised the ref wasn't actually going to abandon it!)

Lungo--Drom
30-05-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm not 100% sure Lancsy but I think there is probably quite a large Irish diaspora type thing in Manchester, 97th generation immigrants but still Irish (a bit like me lol) but I'm just guessing.

If you spend much time in places like Dublin you will see more Man. U. tops being worn, followed by Celtic than any Irish football side, apart from maybe the national RoI top.

What's Irish about Manchester United??? Know hundreds of United fans living down here who support them for various reasons, originally from Manchester, family from Manchester, dad made me, but mainly just glory hunting sheep without any real explanation! But I have never heard any make any Irish links?

Lungo--Drom
30-05-2012, 10:17 AM
They are keen at the Irongate. The last match I went to everywhere and everything was frozen solid and in the finish up all the Division 1 matches were cancelled....
...except the one at Bamber Bridge. I think they had all the club folks out with hairdryers to heat the pitch up.... :D

It was absolutely baltic but at least the pies were good though! RAOFL RAOFL :D

Before we went bust last summer, I was on the board at Leigh Genesis who were in the same league as Brig - always enjoyed my trips there (even though one year we played them was an absolute monsoon, with neither side taking the game seriously until they'd been playing for about an hour and realised the ref wasn't actually going to abandon it!)

Curly1875
30-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Always like arsenal due to watching the likes of Henry as a child and loving the way they played so always back them as my english club. Also keep a look out for wolves and Cardiff results as well but unlike most of my mates, not really bothered by English football and prefer the SPL

LancashireHibby
30-05-2012, 11:04 AM
They are keen at the Irongate. The last match I went to everywhere and everything was frozen solid and in the finish up all the Division 1 matches were cancelled....
...except the one at Bamber Bridge. I think they had all the club folks out with hairdryers to heat the pitch up.... :D

It was absolutely baltic but at least the pies were good though! RAOFL RAOFL :D
You must be lucky....I drove up there for a game on a Tuesday night last season only to find it was called off once I turned up, so ended up having to go to watch Chorley instead.

Gatecrasher
30-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Very commendable.

I can't see the logic in it, but very commendable nonetheless.

I dont like the direction Football in general is heading in and i feel English football inparticular are one of the main culprits, I'm not a fan of MR Billionaire buying a club then paying stupid wages to get their hands on a peice of silver. Thankfully Scottish football has slipped under the radar (probably for obvious reasons) from these guys looking for a new toy to play with. There is little or no consideration to the fans (sounds familiar i know) and they whore themselves to sky like a cheap hooker with a drug habit. So i pretty much stay away from the EPL which i feel is getting as predicatable as the SPL but on a larger scale.

Lost_Mackem
30-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Sunderland. :not worth

Have to say I'm surprised by how many people seem to like West Ham on here?

Small club to be honest, never won a league title, had two brief periods in the 60's and 80's when it seemed like they could threaten the status quo.

Fans are ****ers aswell.

As for my favourite Scottish team? I'm unsure.

Hibs have grown on me but for years and years since I was a boy I always liked Rangers. Not just because I'm English and they don't chant about killing us etc... but I think I always liked the name of the club.

StevieC
30-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I dont like the direction Football in general is heading in and i feel English football inparticular are one of the main culprits, I'm not a fan of MR Billionaire buying a club then paying stupid wages to get their hands on a peice of silver. Thankfully Scottish football has slipped under the radar (probably for obvious reasons) from these guys looking for a new toy to play with. There is little or no consideration to the fans (sounds familiar i know) and they whore themselves to sky like a cheap hooker with a drug habit. So i pretty much stay away from the EPL which i feel is getting as predicatable as the SPL but on a larger scale.

As I said, a commendable stance to take.

I'm a bit more simplistic with my football though and tend to watch what I think might be an enjoyable game, and England has some of the best players in the world on show.

steve_
30-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Lived in shepherds bush early to mid 90's n followed QPR. Delighted when they got promoted but hate that wee d*ck barton!

lapsedhibee
30-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Lived in shepherds bush early to mid 90's n followed QPR. Delighted when they got promoted but hate that wee d*ck barton!

Special :agree: , a gent? :tsk tsk:

--------
30-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Special :agree: , a gent? :tsk tsk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N6t6NEJBQ0&feature=related

Snowy and Jock'll be along in a moment .... :devil:

30-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Liverpool

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2012, 09:38 PM
The Mighty Whites, Leeds utd, since the early 70's when Leeds had 17 Scots in a Squad of 33 :agree:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/0a/f2/cd/billy-bremner-statue.jpg

Kyle A
30-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Middlebrough. Cos Im a sucker for being disappointed..... and my step dads a Boro fan.

iwasthere1972
30-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Liverpool.

Dunbar Hibee
30-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Sunderland. :not worth

Have to say I'm surprised by how many people seem to like West Ham on here?

Small club to be honest, never won a league title, had two brief periods in the 60's and 80's when it seemed like they could threaten the status quo.

Fans are ****ers aswell.
As for my favourite Scottish team? I'm unsure.

Hibs have grown on me but for years and years since I was a boy I always liked Rangers. Not just because I'm English and they don't chant about killing us etc... but I think I always liked the name of the club.

And Sunderland are a **** club with **** fans.

:wink:

Lost_Mackem
31-05-2012, 11:28 AM
And Sunderland are a **** club with **** fans.

:wink:

You mean the Sunderland who have won six league titles and have had an average attendance of around 40,000 for the last six years? :rolleyes:

A Hibs fan calling Sunderland a **** club. :greengrin

EdinMike
31-05-2012, 11:41 AM
My old dear bought me a Bury strip I think when I was 7. (Checked and yup 94-95 season)

And I've been a Shaker ever since !

darwenhibby
31-05-2012, 01:18 PM
A favourtie English Team I have never really thought about it:hmmm:

Blackburn is my local team but their Sh***

Burnley are dingles

Bolton are awful

Blackpool is full of numpties

Wigan- Rugby

City - Thousands of empty seats

Liverpool - Mid table team

At a push I think maybe Man Utd:devil:

lobster
31-05-2012, 05:42 PM
FC Utd of Manchester
Definately the way forward

Hibee Ryan
31-05-2012, 07:58 PM
The mighty royals, Reading :greengrin

Greentinted
31-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Burnley are dingles

Bolton are awful

Wigan- Rugby

How about AFC Darwen (is this a newco by the way)?

LancsHibs
31-05-2012, 10:02 PM

Burnley are dingles

Bolton are awful

Wigan- Rugby

Oi!!!:greengrin Folk from Darwin have webbed feet and no knee joints:na na:

jgl07
31-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Obviously I am a total glory hunter supporting a team who, apparently, did not exist before 2008.

I started supporting Man City in 1963. They were relegated that season.I know how to pick a team!

They demonstrated their 'lack of history' by kicking around in Division Two for three season before they were promoted in 1965-66 back to the top division.

Despite not being in existence, City managed to win a League Championship in 1968, followed by a Cup win in 1969 and a League Cup and European Cup Winners' Cup double in 1970.

Ignoring the fact they they did not really exist the team carried on and won a second League Cup win in 1976 after a defeat in the final of 1974.

Strangely enough, given that the team did not exist, the local 'Big Team' erected a rolling counter of years elapsed since City won a major trophy. This was swiftly removed in 2011.

Amazingly for a team who did not exist before 2008, an FA Cup and a Premier League Championship have been won in the last two seasons. This winning streak will not continue. They may be favourites to win the PL next season but they will not be able to combat the 'history' of Liverpool under (King Kenny) (Roberto Martinez) (Brendan Rogers). Please delete as appropriate.

Even if they overcome the might of Liverpool, there is still the threat from Chelsea, Arsenal and "old bacon face's" Manchester United. You cannot buck history!

Pete
01-06-2012, 01:39 AM
No better than any other type of gloryhunter you can't stand, particularly as their money isn't from earnings but from a billionaire, and what's in it for him? At least clubs like Man United spend their own money, generated by the club. Man City and Chelsea don't do that.

Man City's money comes from a billionaire from the far East while Man United's money comes from glory hunters from all over the world. To me there's no difference.

United have "generated" all these fans by outspending their rivals.

I don't grudge anyone travelling to support a team like United as it's a free world but for any of them to complain about money or take any sort of moral high ground is laughable. United supporting family or not, people like yourself are part of the reason why teams like City and Chelsea have to spend silly money simply to compete.

Hiber-nation
01-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Whoever's got the most Scots playing for them so Wigan at the moment.

lapsedhibee
01-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Whoever's got the most Scots playing for them so Wigan at the moment.

Racist! :grr: :panic:

LancashireHibby
01-06-2012, 09:50 AM
They actually are, they went bust a couple of years back, had a year in local leagues and then regain their 'rightful' place in the North West Counties League. Which is roughly on a par with the SPL anyway. :wink:

darwenhibby
01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Oi!!!:greengrin Folk from Darwin have webbed feet and no knee joints:na na:

I beg to your better judgement that people from Darwin have web feet and no knee joints.

I am not educated in worldwide travel like you.

I am from DARWEN, unless people from Blackpool are not educated and cannot spell properly:na na:

darwenhibby
01-06-2012, 10:17 AM

AFC DARWEN is a new co who started back in West Lancs League about 3yrs ago after the original Darwen FC went pop after a character buying the club, promising a new stadium, and league football. Does this remind you of any clubs in Scotland who had buyers with pie in the sky dreams? (Precedent set for one group of Huns)

Darwen FC were founding members of the football league nickname the salmoners because of the pink strip they wore a bit like our neighbours.

There main stand is something on par with the Tyncastle Main Stand, thats were the comparisons are to the SPL as some egg chaser on here pointed out:wink:

Greentinted
01-06-2012, 11:50 AM
They actually are, they went bust a couple of years back, had a year in local leagues and then regain their 'rightful' place in the North West Counties League. Which is roughly on a par with the SPL anyway. :wink:

AFC DARWEN is a new co who started back in West Lancs League about 3yrs ago after the original Darwen FC went pop after a character buying the club, promising a new stadium, and league football. Does this remind you of any clubs in Scotland who had buyers with pie in the sky dreams? (Precedent set for one group of Huns)

Darwen FC were founding members of the football league nickname the salmoners because of the pink strip they wore a bit like our neighbours.

There main stand is something on par with the Tyncastle Main Stand, thats were the comparisons are to the SPL as some egg chaser on here pointed out:wink:

Thanking you both for your elucidation. :aok:
And I think I may have stumbled across an English team to favour in this modern era (as long as they don't play in a yukky burgundy hue).

kennyh
01-06-2012, 12:13 PM
I tried to follow teams close to where I was living at the time so have gone along to see Crystal Palace, Brighton, QPR but could never bring myself to get involved with fans shouting for Rangers (even come on you R's was too much) or Hoops as they banged their seats. I had a few interesting times at West Ham back in the day when ICF ruled. The team I watched most often was Slough Town when I lived there and one year we ran Marytin O'Neils Wycombe close in the promotion race when he took them up.

Glory Team was and is Liverpool, though they are hardly a Glory choice these days.

A guy I worked with was a home and away Bluebird so I started to take an interest in Cardif and have been to the Millenium and Wembley three times. Great day's ~ one magic win in Cardiff but three losses in London.

I was at the Liverpool V Cardiff game and wanted the Bluebirds to do it, so once again I left a huge game dissapointed.

WHY do we bother !!

Hibernia&Alba
06-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Man City's money comes from a billionaire from the far East while Man United's money comes from glory hunters from all over the world. To me there's no difference.

I don't grudge anyone travelling to support a team like United as it's a free world but for any of them to complain about money or take any sort of moral high ground is laughable. United supporting family or not, people like yourself are part of the reason why teams like City and Chelsea have to spend silly money simply to compete.

There's a world of difference between spending ones own money (even when hamstrung by debt created from an American takeover) and spending a billion pounds in a very short period. Manchester United have been one of the most famous clubs in the world since the start of the European Cup in the mid-fifties when the Busby Babes blazed a trail for the rest. United had the biggest average attendance in Britain when in the second division 1974-75, circa 53,000, which was hardly gloryhunting. It's growth has been generational and sustained, as well as self-financing. I don't begrudge Man City their rapid rise under Mansoor, but the two models are a world apart.

Blackburn Hibee
06-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Blackburn are my local team! But as said before they are ****!

darwenhibby
06-06-2012, 08:04 PM

:agree::wink:

HH81
06-06-2012, 08:41 PM
There's a world of difference between spending ones own money (even when hamstrung by debt created from an American takeover) and spending a billion pounds in a very short period. Manchester United have been one of the most famous clubs in the world since the start of the European Cup in the mid-fifties when the Busby Babes blazed a trail for the rest. United had the biggest average attendance in Britain when in the second division 1974-75, circa 53,000, which was hardly gloryhunting. It's growth has been generational and sustained, as well as self-financing. I don't begrudge Man City their rapid rise under Mansoor, but the two models are a world apart.

You should have just followed FC United last season as they came closer to winning something than the big team.

Wish they had got up to conference north really enjoyed Halifax showing them up that season, twice. :agree:

LancashireHibby
06-06-2012, 09:30 PM
since the start of the European Cup in the mid-fifties when the Busby Babes blazed a trail for the rest.
I think you're forgetting a certain team there....and I don't think we got a worldwide fan base as a result!

You've got far too much time on your hands if you're registering new accounts to agree with yourself Duane (not that I disagree with the "Rovers are sheite" sentiment)!

You should have just followed FC United last season as they came closer to winning something than the big team.

Wish they had got up to conference north really enjoyed Halifax showing them up that season, twice. :agree:
Given the HUGE difference in budgets, I'm not surprised! FC's wage bill isn't drastically different from what they were paying out in the North West Counties. Will see you at Cougar Park on Sunday by the way mate while I've nowt on :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
06-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I think you're forgetting a certain team there....and I don't think we got a worldwide fan base as a result!

You've got far too much time on your hands if you're registering new accounts to agree with yourself Duane (not that I disagree with the "Rovers are sheite" sentiment)!

Given the HUGE difference in budgets, I'm not surprised! FC's wage bill isn't drastically different from what they were paying out in the North West Counties. Will see you at Cougar Park on Sunday by the way mate while I've nowt on :thumbsup:

kinky i guess, but will the cops not arrest yi :confused:

HH81
07-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Will see you at Cougar Park on Sunday by the way mate while I've nowt on :thumbsup:

Good stuff Matt, pleased to see you putting some money in to the cougars :thumbsup:

Should be a decent game though as Cougars have been very good most games this season :agree:

EdinMike
07-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Still no Bury fans ! :grr:

Glory hunting Petrie lovers !! :grr:

Kato
07-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Manchester United have been one of the most famous clubs in the world since the start of the European Cup in the mid-fifties when the Busby Babes blazed a trail for the rest.

Man Utd were nowhere near the European Cup when it started.

franks
07-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Southampton, lived there 5 years as a child and used to visit family there for some years after. First visit to The Dell was to watch Saints play the great Man U team of the late 60s with the likes of Law, Best and Charlton.

joe breezy
07-06-2012, 08:53 AM

Man United's 'money' comes from horrific debt saddled to the club by the Glazers.

In an ideal world such debt purchases shouldn't be allowed although I suppose Craig Whyte's has been quite amusing.

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Man United's 'money' comes from horrific debt saddled to the club by the Glazers.

In an ideal world such debt purchases shouldn't be allowed although I suppose Craig Whyte's has been quite amusing.

The Glazers are recent history, nothing to do with money generated by Man Utd through their own success.

LancashireHibby
07-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Still no Bury fans ! :grr:

Glory hunting Petrie lovers !! :grr:
Maybe they're all proper Bury fans and are out on the 24/7 task of shaking buckets to afford to mow the pitch :wink:

Leicester Fan
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Leicester City FC

Have followed them (home + away) from Scotland since 1977

Been to Wembley 5 times with them

+ Derby Play Off - WON
+ Palace Play Off - WON
+ Boro - League Cup Final - drew + won after replay
+ Spurs -League Cup Final - lost (just !)
+ Tranmere - League Cup Final - WON

but I am not a glory hunter - have been to Watford / Palace / Barnsley / Grimsby (twice) and Berwick (amongst loads of others) to see the Foxes

Been to those games and against Blackburn and Swindon as well. Might get a chance to go again next season.:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
07-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Man Utd were nowhere near the European Cup when it started.

What are you talking about? The European Cup started in 1955. United qualified in 1956 as English Champions, losing in the semi-final to the great Real Madrid team that won the first five cups. In the following season, 1957-58, the Babes were killed on the way home from Belgrade having qualified for the semi-final again. A completely new United lost to Milan in the semis. Bobby Charlton had started his European journey a decade before he lifted the trophy in 1968. He scored twice in the tragic Belgrade match.

Kato
07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
What are you talking about?

1955, when trails were being blazed.

Hibernia&Alba
07-06-2012, 05:55 PM
1955, when trails were being blazed.

In the very first year of the European Cup Chelsea should have entered but were told by the FA they couldn't. The same threat was made against United the next year, though Busby defied them at risk of league expulsion. They reached the semi-final in the second and third years of the competition, though of course it ended in tragedy on the way home in 1958. Such a young team competing at the top level was unheard of both in England and throughout the continent, and gained United fans from all over. Munich then cemented the romance, and that young team did blaze a trail for British football. The whole romance was completed a decade later when Busby won the cup. A unique story.

Kato
07-06-2012, 05:58 PM
In the very first year of the European Cup Chelsea should have entered but were told by the FA they couldn't. .

Untrue. Chelsea pulled out of the own accord.

Hibernia&Alba
07-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Untrue. Chelsea pulled out of the own accord.

Chelsea were pressured by the FA not to get involved. The FA chief executive at the time said the English game should have no association with foreign teams. The following year United were threatened with league expulsion for entering. Busby refused to comply, saying it was the future of the game.

By the way, when we entered the first compeition in 1955 it was via invitation, not by qualifying as national champions on merit. The first season was more a test of the viability of the new competition which was a completely new concept for club football.