PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.net forum more united since final?

The Sea-gull
24-05-2012, 10:39 AM
This board seems more united since the final.

Perhaps the result has made those who were clinging on to the "theres a player in there" and "anyone who moans is a bedwetting drama queen" type chat realise how bad things actually are and now there seems to be more of a recognition of our problems and how big they actually are rather than accusing folk of being negative, moaners, "drama queens" and don't forget the classic "bedwetters".

While I would have obviously rather have won the cup or at least not been so royally pumped, the result does seem to have made a lot more of the fans waken up to how dire we are and more importantly and more telling is that, based on their statement the other day, the Hibs board has publically acknowledged the state of things on the park. It is shame that it has taken such a disasterous result to highlight this (better a cup final pumping to that lot than relegation though) to them and some fans but I really hope we can move on from it and start to rebuild the footballing side of the club whihc is afterall, the most important area at a football club.

Carheenlea
24-05-2012, 11:30 AM
I think the fact the vast majority on here appear to back Pat Fenlon may have something to with it.
We are all aware of the rebuild required, and our board appears to acknowledge this as well.
We are all in hope at thus moment that Pat is able to change the culture and attitude of the squad, and for the next few weeks this messageboard should be reasonably unified. It's once the new players start arriving that I'm sure the divisions will appear once again, with opinion varying on the merits of said signings!

HibsMax
24-05-2012, 11:43 AM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. We have too many other people to be pissed off at, no need for infighting. ;)

Future17
24-05-2012, 01:39 PM
This board seems more united since the final.

Perhaps the result has made those who were clinging on to the "theres a player in there" and "anyone who moans is a bedwetting drama queen" type chat realise how bad things actually are and now there seems to be more of a recognition of our problems and how big they actually are rather than accusing folk of being negative, moaners, "drama queens" and don't forget the classic "bedwetters".

While I would have obviously rather have won the cup or at least not been so royally pumped, the result does seem to have made a lot more of the fans waken up to how dire we are and more importantly and more telling is that, based on their statement the other day, the Hibs board has publically acknowledged the state of things on the park. It is shame that it has taken such a disasterous result to highlight this (better a cup final pumping to that lot than relegation though) to them and some fans but I really hope we can move on from it and start to rebuild the footballing side of the club whihc is afterall, the most important area at a football club.

There was, still is, and will always be a division amongst our support based, not on whether or not we're "dire", but based on how we demonstrate our frustrations when we're playing badly and things at our Club aren't right.

I couldn't really care about people being negative on this board - I just get annoyed by the folk that claim to be supporters while at ER, yet spend the vast majority of a game berating our own players and creating a poisonous atmosphere for their fellow fans.