PDA

View Full Version : Reflection

hibbiedon
24-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Now that I have had a few days to ponder Saturday, I looked at the squad of players and realised that if we had won they would have been legends, not one of them are fit to lace the boots of The Famous Five or Turnbull's Tornadoes, this is probably the worst team I have saw so part of me is glad we did not win. I want real heroes to look up to not a bunch of chancers who do not respect the jersey or realise it is an honour to wear it

JohnStephens91
24-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Anyone can become a legend for stumbling into something, or being in the right place at the right time. I hoped that the squad of loanees was going to do do it, and when I was in Hampden I choked up from the atmosphere and really believed we could do it. I'm as surprised as everyone that they did not respond when in theory the worst team I'd ever seen play for the club could have gone down in Hibs history.

Sammy7nil
24-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I said to my mate before the game I was desperate for a Hibs win I just wished I liked a few of the team but I did not, I felt no empathy with them at all.

Littlest Hobo
24-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Was it not that team that got to the final?

With hindsight, ye I agree that they didn't deserve to be held in such high regard but had they actually won then it wouldnt have bothered me one way or the other,

It's the stat we all want to get rid of.

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Was it not that team that got to the final?

With hindsight, ye I agree that they didn't deserve to be held in such high regard but had they actually won then it wouldnt have bothered me one way or the other,

It's the stat we all want to get rid of.

I totally agree. The fact this Hibs team is much poorer than many of its predecessors didn't bother me. Sometimes you're lucky, mostly you aren't, but I'd have taken any piece of luck. Who knows when we might make the final again.

RIP
24-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Around 50 people at work spoke to me in the week or two before the big day. They all asked for a prediction. I gave the same answer to them all

"We are going to get cuffed. Aye and we will probably end up wi ten men"

I told my 2 laddies to enjoy the day but expect a going over. They agreed that there was no way that a midfield of Claros, Osnourne and Soares were going to win the midfield battle. They've spent months ignoring the ball in the centre circle and strolling about half fit. We only stayed in the SPL due to McPake. We had no chance against a settled Hearts side

Had all but forgotten about the result by Monday. Yesterday's news. Last seasons news. Hearts got shafted 5-0 by the Huns the week before. They got over it. So have I

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Around 50 people at work spoke to me in the week or two before the big day. They all asked for a prediction. I gave the same answer to them all

I told my 2 laddies to enjoy the day but expect a going over. They agreed that there was no way that a midfield of Claros, Osnourne and Soares were going to win the midfield battle. They've spent months ignoring the ball in the centre circle and strolling about half fit. We only stayed in the SPL due to McPake. We had no chance against a settled Hearts side

Had all but forgotten about the result by Monday. Yesterday's news. Last seasons news. Hearts got shafted 5-0 by the Huns the week before. They got over it. So have I

I wish I could have your attitude, mate, but truth be told, it's devastated me. I'll get over it, but the healing process will be slow. If we'd shown any kind of fight, it would be so different, but to roll over so meekly broke my heart.

fat freddy
24-05-2012, 10:21 PM
i woke up the morning after the final and reflected that i was still a hibby and there was nothing i could do about it...its like an illness that wont go away and theres no cure for it....its what you are and you just have to get on with it.

i also reflected on the three season tickets that i now have for myself and two of my kids...there was another reflection that involved strangling rod petrie but i quickly put that to the back of my mind as it was interupting the reflection that the mortgage wont be getting paid this month.

ehf
24-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Now that I have had a few days to ponder Saturday, I looked at the squad of players and realised that if we had won they would have been legends, not one of them are fit to lace the boots of The Famous Five or Turnbull's Tornadoes, this is probably the worst team I have saw so part of me is glad we did not win. I want real heroes to look up to not a bunch of chancers who do not respect the jersey or realise it is an honour to wear it

Er, we were the victims of the most blatantly biased refereeing display of all time.

hiblander
24-05-2012, 10:37 PM

You were at the 4 - 0 aswell i guess, so was... i told the old man not to travel down from Stornoway for it....Hibs will get gubbed i said.....he was at the 7-0 and older and wiser than me.....so he thought !

until next time at.........Murrayfield !!!!!!!:greengrin

hiblander
24-05-2012, 10:41 PM
involved strangling rod petrie

Dude I´m calling for the Chairmans head like that film the Dictator !!! check post interesting thought !