PDA

View Full Version : NHC Barton

ManBearPig
24-05-2012, 08:08 AM
If Joey Barton was a hibs a player would you want him sacked after the multiple offences committed by him over the years.

Kenny1875
24-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Not sure. If his violebt attitude was influencing others then yes but because he is actually good I'd be tempted to keep.

DarrenSQH
24-05-2012, 08:26 AM
I like him, would be good to see Hibs players that care as much as he does.

lapsedhibee
24-05-2012, 08:31 AM
I like him, would be good to see Hibs players that care as much as he does.

This always baffles me, the idea that violence and caring are the same thing.

Ivan comes on, trips someone up, gets booked. Therefore he cares. Eh naw, he's just stupid. He may care as well, but letting your team down does not equal caring.

Barton, psychotic thug.

DarrenSQH
24-05-2012, 08:35 AM
This always baffles me, the idea that violence and caring are the same thing.

Ivan comes on, trips someone up, gets booked. Therefore he cares. Eh naw, he's just stupid. He may care as well, but letting your team down does not equal caring.

Barton, psychotic thug.

Its not about the violence, its thats he is a good player who gives 100% every week. I remember watching him down at city when he was their best player by a distance.

I think he is a very clever lad that sometimes loses his temper but still a very good footballer.

HibeeN
24-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Good player, but a guy can only get so many second chances. What use is he being a good player when he's banned for almost a third of the season? There have been instances of violent behaviour involving this guy his whole career, and if he was a Hibs player, I'm not sure I'd want that sort of attitude infecting the rest of the squad. It's basically saying you can behave how you want, on and off the pitch, (was he not even in jail at some point?) but if you're a decent player then somebody will put up with it. A lot of talk on these boards the past few days has been about Hibs needing to instill the right kind of mentality and culture at the club, and if we had somebody like Barton then there's no way that could happen.

lapsedhibee
24-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Its not about the violence, its thats he is a good player who gives 100% every week. I remember watching him down at city when he was their best player by a distance.

I think he is a very clever lad that sometimes loses his temper but still a very good footballer.

Manchester C have done much better since he left.
Newcastle have done much better since he left them.
QPR with him as captain escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth.

As for giving 100%, I'd rather have Lewis Stevenson representing my club. (And Lewis is nowhere near good enough for Hibs.)

Clever? He gets opponents sent off by cheating and then tweets that he can't stand cheats. Usually clever people have some sense of irony.

Leishy1995
24-05-2012, 08:52 AM

As for giving 100%, I'd rather have Lewis Stevenson representing my club. (And Lewis is nowhere near good enough for Hibs.)

Clever? He gets opponents sent off by cheating and then tweets that he can't stand cheats. Usually clever people have some sense of irony.

Man City and Newcastle have got a lot of money to spare.
Newcastle because of the Carroll sale and others. That's why they done Better when he left

DarrenSQH
24-05-2012, 08:53 AM

I dont think Man city or newcastle improving has anything to do with Barton leaving. Spending 100's of millions for city and great finds like cabaye, Ba and Cisse is what helped newcastle. Also QPR surving has to be seen as a huge success.

wearethehibs
24-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Barton is a ****bag who doesn't deserve to be a proffesional footballer. Attacked his team mate at City. Assulted someone on a night out and his family is no better. Involved i a racist attack on a young boy if i remember correctly.

ManBearPig
24-05-2012, 09:26 AM
I follow newcastle as well and I during the championship season I felt Bartons temper was worth it for what he brought to games every week. I think he makes out he is intelligent with his tweets but believe that to be a veneer. He has ability but makes Garry O'Connor look like an angel.

Hibercelona
24-05-2012, 09:35 AM
We should be avoiding anybody with any attitude problems from now on.

Nobody with an attitude problem ever gives 100%, nobody.

Billychaotic182
24-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I like him. Would love to see him at hibs

Sammy7nil
24-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes I would want rid of him.

As for Hibs I think Leigh got off very lightly for his repeated stupidity this season and if we were not so desperate I would have supported his early return to Wolves.

Littlest Hobo
24-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Barton has a temper, he needs to go for some anger management.

He's Been punished for his behaviour in the past and will continue to be punished like anyone else who steps out of line.

Tevez seems to have escaped without any punishment.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2012, 12:34 PM
I dont think Man city or newcastle improving has anything to do with Barton leaving. Spending 100's of millions for city and great finds like cabaye, Ba and Cisse is what helped newcastle. Also QPR surving has to be seen as a huge success.

Don't think Ba was a great find, more like a vulture ripping the meat off of a relegated carcass (i.e. West Ham), still not to worry they are back up, doubt they'll last too long tho!

Sylar
24-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Wow.

Handed a 12 match ban by the FA for the City debacle.

The guy's an erse :agree:

Hermit Crab
24-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Wow.

The guy's an erse :agree:

Along with a £75,000 fine too :giruy:

SRHibs
24-05-2012, 03:40 PM
If he cared as much as people are making out, then he wouldn't have jeopardised his team's place in the EPL by losing the head. He's a Class A fanny.

SRHibs
24-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Going by his Twitter page, I don't think anyone else has ever been as deserving of the tag "pseudo-intellectual". He can RT all the Nietzsche quotes in existence, but he's not fooling me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-05-2012, 03:50 PM
****bag thug of a football player. If he didn't play football he would be a ****bag thug. Guess you either like that in a person or you don't.

MSK
24-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Wow.

The guy's an erse :agree:No enough imo ..mind you though ..he makes so called hard man/thug Black look like a pussy cat ..:greengrin

VickMackie
24-05-2012, 05:42 PM
If he cared as much as people are making out, then he wouldn't have jeopardised his team's place in the EPL by losing the head. He's a Class A fanny.

Tevez should have at least been sent off or at least booked.

Barton said that a teammate suggested he provoke the city players to try and take one with him, if true, fair play. Sacrificed himself and prob top flight career tryin to help them.

Should never have got the 4 game ban for Kompany who provoked him by steaming into him.

SRHibs
24-05-2012, 05:47 PM

Barton said that a teammate suggested he provoke the city players to try and take one with him, if true, fair play. Sacrificed himself and prob top flight career tryin to help them.

Should never have got the 4 game ban for Kompany who provoked him by steaming into him.

Umm, the way I understood it, the whole 'take one with him' thing, was in reference to when he tried to take Aguero out the game.

LaMotta
24-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Umm, the way I understood it, the whole 'take one with him' thing, was in reference to when he tried to take Aguero out the game.

Then you didn't understand it correctly.

lapsedhibee
24-05-2012, 07:19 PM

Aye, poor, innocent, victimised Joey.

cocopops1875
24-05-2012, 07:36 PM
The one thing that im not happy about is the suggestion that he got a bigger punishment due to the magnatude of the game:confused: This cant be right an offence is an offence regardless of how many folk are watching

Eyrie
24-05-2012, 07:38 PM
He got a hefty punishment because he has a lengthy list of previous convictions. Bizarre that anyone has suggested any other reason.

Saorsa
24-05-2012, 07:40 PM
If Joey Barton was a hibs a player would you want him sacked after the multiple offences committed by him over the years.I wouldnae want him anywhere near Hibs in the first place.

lapsedhibee
24-05-2012, 07:42 PM
The one thing that im not happy about is the suggestion that he got a bigger punishment due to the magnatude of the game:confused: This cant be right an offence is an offence regardless of how many folk are watching

See your point but disagree. If the charge is "bringing the game into disrepute" it would be a lesser offence for him to pull his shorts down and have a chug in his living room than to pull them down and have a chug in the centre circle at the Etihad.

(Just an illustrative example - I don't think he's actually done that at Manchester C, yet.)

VickMackie
24-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Aye, poor, innocent, victimised Joey.

Never said he was innocent. He's practically sacrificed his top flight career pulling that stunt with Aguero to try and provoke a city player to get sent off. Yes, he shouldn't have elbowed Tevez to start with but fair play to him.

On your second point, Kompany did barge into him so the idea clearly had an impact. It's not sportsmanlike but there's no way he should have 4 matches for that part.

VickMackie
24-05-2012, 08:07 PM

He was trying to get a city player to react and get a red card to put them down to 10 men as well.

Jonnyboy
24-05-2012, 08:10 PM
No enough imo ..mind you though ..he makes so called hard man/thug Black look like a pussy cat ..:greengrin

You would have preferred a £12,000 fine and a 75 game suspension wouldn't you :greengrin

Sad thing was that until he got involved in the thing with Tevez that day he was playing a blinder. Sadly, loke many good players before him, his temperament will be the undoing of him

Sir David Gray
24-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't want Joey Barton anywhere near Easter Road, the guy is trouble and cannot control his behaviour or his temper, he's shown that time and time again.

If he wasn't a footballer, Barton would be in prison.

Minder
24-05-2012, 09:30 PM
they should not have held Balo back, would have been good viewing.

lapsedhibee
24-05-2012, 09:47 PM
He was trying to get a city player to react and get a red card to put them down to 10 men as well.

That's Barton's cover story, made up in his ****ed-up head well after the event - to make it look like his mindless thuggery had some sort of noble point to it. Self-serving pish imo. How about he completely lost it, as he has done 827582307583 times before? Total fraud of a person.

HH81
04-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Sky Sports News reporting he was injuired outside a Liverpool nightclub last night. Trouble follows him around :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-06-2012, 10:25 AM
I think he will end up at the yams, he suits their sleazy dirty player attitude style

:agree:

Danny_Hibee
04-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Sky Sports News reporting he was injuired outside a Liverpool nightclub last night. Trouble follows him around :agree:

As much as I cant stand Barton Sky Sports are clearly trying to stir up some sort of story on a slow news day playing on Bartons reputation. Police have confirmed Barton was abused and attacked by 2 men who have both been arrested, he didnt retaliate and has decided not to press charges yet they have it as breaking news that he was involed in a 'fight'

DH1875
04-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Wonder what kind of club is open at 5.30 in the morning :hmmm:.

Pretty Boy
04-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Whilst in a lot of ways he only has himself to blame it must still be a bit of a nightmare going out and about for Barton.

You can just imagine all sorts of heroes queuing up to have a go at him, try to wind him up etc.

Best thing he could do is try to get a club abroad and get away from all the baggage, plenty of it of his own causing, that follows him around.

Take a look at some of the **** he's having to take on Twitter today to see what he must get when he's out all the time.

.Sean.
04-06-2012, 08:46 PM
He brings it on himself. He's total ****. No sympathy from myself.

Anyone read this? Nail on the head.

http://mrjimmycorkhill.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/open-letter-to-joey-barton.html

LancashireHibby
04-06-2012, 08:57 PM
As much as I cant stand Barton Sky Sports are clearly trying to stir up some sort of story on a slow news day playing on Bartons reputation. Police have confirmed Barton was abused and attacked by 2 men who have both been arrested, he didnt retaliate and has decided not to press charges yet they have it as breaking news that he was involed in a 'fight'
Reports in the past few minutes that Barton has been arrested for his part in the above incident?

Hibrandenburg
04-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I think he will end up at the yams, he suits their sleazy dirty player attitude style

:agree:

People, stones and glass houses.

heretoday
04-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't normally give a toss what footballers do off the pitch - short of actual murder - as long as they do the business when it counts. There's a lot of guff talked about role models.

Barton's just one in a proud tradition of psychos throughout the history of the game. I wouldn't mind seeing him at ER although that is only likely to happen if we play QPR in a friendly.

Pretty Boy
04-06-2012, 09:29 PM

I fail to see what his brother and cousins convictions have to do with him.

If anything its surely a form of mitigation for some of his behaviour that he perhaps never had the best of family backgrounds.

Pretty Boy
04-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Reports in the past few minutes that Barton has been arrested for his part in the above incident?

Posted on Twitter 2 minutes ago that he's off on a golfing holiday in the morning so either false reports or released pretty quickly.

LancashireHibby
04-06-2012, 10:09 PM
I fail to see what his brother and cousins convictions have to do with him.

If anything its surely a form of mitigation for some of his behaviour that he perhaps never had the best of family backgrounds.
I must admit that I've dealt with a couple of mates of his through work and, to put it nicely, they weren't the nicest lads I've ever met. Would like to think that moving clubs means he's moved away from that particularly circle of friends, but it doesn't look like it given how often he seems to be back in Liverpool.

Posted on Twitter 2 minutes ago that he's off on a golfing holiday in the morning so either false reports or released pretty quickly.
He's been released on bail tonight (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/7795607/Barton-bailed-by-police)

Baldy Foghorn
05-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Barton seems to court trouble wherever he is, a loose cannon IMO

VickMackie
05-06-2012, 11:59 AM

Self indulgent pish IMO.

I'm sure the brother is a half brother and his dad has about 12 bairns.

Fair enough, the guy gets in a bit of bother but he is obviously a bit rough but he's shown the dedication to reach the top level of one of the worlds best leagues. Can't be that much of a waster.

MSK
05-06-2012, 12:31 PM
You would have preferred a £12,000 fine and a 75 game suspension wouldn't you :greengrin

Sad thing was that until he got involved in the thing with Tevez that day he was playing a blinder. Sadly, loke many good players before him, his temperament will be the undoing of himNot enough JC ...:greengrin

Send him tae Easter Rd on a 3 year contract as punishment ..:greengrin