PDA

View Full Version : Question Hibs Badge tattoo

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 06:55 PM
I took a printout of the current Hibs badge to the local tattoo shop and the guy said that it would need to be bigger (than the 3 inch printout I had) to maintain the detail of the harp, ship and castle). He also suggested black outline to prevent bleeding of colour over the years and maybe dropping the banners above and below the badge so that the shield could be bigger.

Does anyone have any thoughts on that? It's my choice but I would like to hear other opinions. Badge without banners, not sure if I like that but I get the guys point. Maybe the shield with Hibernian written below it or something.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I have this on my left calf, with a black outline.

Franck Stanton
23-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Your skin mate, Me ? I would keep the banners, [ have in fact], after all - they are part of our official badge.

Hibercelona
23-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Are you saying that the resolution of the image you printed out wasn't big enough for him to capture all the detail?

If thats the case, print out this one, its huge.

http://www.n-e-sign4u.com/product_images/k/975/Hibernian_-_mediumgreen__77627_zoom.jpg

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Nah. The resolution is fine. His issue is that at 3 inches, the tattoo would be too small to capture all the details. He said I would need to make it bigger and that means changing location from upper arm to cheat. Shoulders already taken and not a fan of back tattoos.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Maybe if I asked for it to be all black it would be ok and he could capture the detail. I think the issue is that to keep the green from bleeding over time he would need to use a black outline and thats where it starts to get too cramped.

norwayhibs
23-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Max, I like the old badge, like the one in wee hibees' avatar, now that would be cool.

Hibercelona
23-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Nah. The resolution is fine. His issue is that at 3 inches, the tattoo would be too small to capture all the details. He said I would need to make it bigger and that means changing location from upper arm to cheat. Shoulders already taken and not a fan of back tattoos.

Be a man mate and get the badge right across the chest. :aok:

Hibercelona
23-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Max, I like the old badge, like the one in wee hibees' avtar, now that would be cool.

It's my favourite one of the 4. :thumbsup:

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 07:11 PM
How about this? My wife found it. I love it!!

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/239/2/c/hibernian_by_76bev-d47zc7s.jpg

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Chest seems like the best place.

cocopops1875
23-05-2012, 09:16 PM

That was drawn up by someone on here just cant remember who :agree:

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 09:22 PM

Looks fantastic mate. I'd get that over the badge anytime. Looks more like an actual tattoo

Bostonhibby
23-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I took a printout of the current Hibs badge to the local tattoo shop and the guy said that it would need to be bigger (than the 3 inch printout I had) to maintain the detail of the harp, ship and castle). He also suggested black outline to prevent bleeding of colour over the years and maybe dropping the banners above and below the badge so that the shield could be bigger.
Does anyone have any thoughts on that? It's my choice but I would like to hear other opinions. Badge without banners, not sure if I like that but I get the guys point. Maybe the shield with Hibernian written below it or something.

I have exactly this one, slightly bigger that 3 inches, black outline, detail is fine and have the banners too.

SlickShoes
23-05-2012, 10:07 PM

As someone with loads of tattoos I can confirm what he says is true, if you get something small with a lot of detail it is doable, it will look good for about ten years, but when the tattoo and you get older it will eventually end up looking like a blob.

The other picture you posted is pretty awesome so go for that!

Gez1875
23-05-2012, 10:11 PM
i worked as a tattooist for a few years before giving it up...... the size thing you cant get round with this particular tattoo, because of the detail. i would suggest getting it in black and grey and if you want the badge as it is, get it that way.... plenty people have it and it works!

zlatan
23-05-2012, 10:11 PM

That is the dangly bits of the dog :aok:

pepe
23-05-2012, 10:19 PM

mine

TheMentalHibees
23-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Slightly off topic, what would be the best direction to go in if I was looking to get a Hibs tattoo? Not looking for anything massive.

pepe
23-05-2012, 11:03 PM
A tattoo shop????:confused:

HibsMax
24-05-2012, 02:32 AM
That was drawn up by someone on here just cant remember who :agree:

I'm getting it done tomorrow. I would ask permission if I knew who to contact. I'll post pics after.

HibsMax
24-05-2012, 02:34 AM
mine

Meaning your design? Or that you have the same tattoo? If its your design is it ok that's use it? :)

HibsMax
24-05-2012, 02:35 AM
Deleted.

fat freddy
24-05-2012, 08:56 PM

this was done by a poster on here and he said that it was available at ace tattoos in gorgie road...i popped in to see the guy there last week and was quoted around 80 quid to do it...i said i might come back if we won the cup...i dont suppose i'll be getting it anytime soon but it is without doubt the best potential hibs tattoo out there.

pepe
24-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Meaning your design? Or that you have the same tattoo? If its your design is it ok that's use it? :)
Of course you can use it, thats why its on the internet and not just my book.:agree:

HibsMax
24-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Of course you can use it, thats why its on the internet and not just my book.:agree:

:)

Here it is. Self portrait. I'll get a better pic later.

Edit : thanks, Pepe. Brilliant design!!!!

Hibernia&Alba
24-05-2012, 11:08 PM

It looks great :agree:

pepe
24-05-2012, 11:10 PM

Magic. You should see mine..:wink:

HibsMax
24-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Magic. You should see mine..:wink:

Um, show me!!

Seriously. Great design. I love, love, LOVE IT!!!

Yuillsy
25-05-2012, 08:38 AM

That's smart. Where did you get it done?
I've got the current badge with a black outline but i'm impressed with yours.

MSK
25-05-2012, 12:32 PM

Edit : thanks, Pepe. Brilliant design!!!!Superb Max ..good to see Pepe's design in the flesh ..getting the same done on my chest at Dragonheart (Porty)....:agree:

Once I give them the design ..:greengrin

Yuillsy
25-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Superb Max ..good to see Pepe's design in the flesh ..getting the same done on my chest at Dragonheart (Porty)....:agree:

Are the artists in Dragonheart any good?
1 of my mates got a celtic style band round his arm from there and it was shocking. It was a while ago though.

MSK
25-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Are the artists in Dragonheart any good?
1 of my mates got a celtic style band round his arm from there and it was shocking. It was a while ago though.Never had a problem with Dragonheart mate, got my hibs one, my family coat of arms & my thistle/saltire done & all cracking jobs, my Sister, Brother in law & friends have all used them recently & all delighted with the work ..:agree:

Google them & visit their gallery ..all artists have some of their portfolio's on display ..:aok:

Yuillsy
25-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Never had a problem with Dragonheart mate, got my hibs one, my family coat of arms & my thistle/saltire done & all cracking jobs, my Sister, Brother in law & friends have all used them recently & all delighted with the work ..:agree:

Google them & visit their gallery ..all artists have some of their portfolio's on display ..:aok:
Cheers mate.
I'm looking at a couple of designs just now and i don't live to far from Dragonheart.
I got my last 1 done by Rob at tribe but it seems a bit pricey compared to other shops.

Pretty Boy
25-05-2012, 12:59 PM

That's a beauty.

MSK
25-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Cheers mate.
I'm looking at a couple of designs just now and i don't live to far from Dragonheart.
I got my last 1 done by Rob at tribe but it seems a bit pricey compared to other shops.All mines have been designed by myself then handed in to be drawn/adapted ..once im happy with the finished article I get it done..if your not happy with the way it looks after transfer they will happily adapt ..:agree:

HibsMax
25-05-2012, 01:07 PM
That's smart. Where did you get it done?
I've got the current badge with a black outline but i'm impressed with yours.

www.abouttimetattoo.com

Nashua, NH, USA. :)

MSK
25-05-2012, 01:13 PM
My hibs tat from a while back 8300

Dr_Regal
25-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Nice Tattoo.

I go to Kellys Tattoo in Lincoln,NH, little further up than Nashua! The guy there is a 6'7 and 400lbs Biker, does great work.

I love the freestyle stuff rather than the standard badge.

HibsMax
25-05-2012, 01:37 PM

I like that. A harp was my second choice. :)

HibsMax
25-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Nice Tattoo.

I go to Kellys Tattoo in Lincoln,NH, little further up than Nashua! The guy there is a 6'7 and 400lbs Biker, does great work.

I love the freestyle stuff rather than the standard badge.

At 6'7" and 400lbs, would you tell him that his work wasn't good? ;)

Edit : you on the international mailing list? :thumbs:

Yuillsy
25-05-2012, 05:37 PM

Is that the 1 you had done at Dragonheart mate? It's cool, totally different from the normal ones you see!
Bill on Elm Row done my Hibs badge. I thought it was the business at the time but I've seen so many better versions recently.

Hibs90
25-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Anyone got any Hi-Res images of the harp, castle and ship on the badge?

MSK
25-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Is that the 1 you had done at Dragonheart mate? It's cool, totally different from the normal ones you see!
Bill on Elm Row done my Hibs badge. I thought it was the business at the time but I've seen so many better versions recently.Yes thats the Dragonheart one ..I drew it out & had it adapted ..my angel was topless but artist altered it ..:greengrin

I got the ball & crown tattoo at Bills in Leith Walk 30 years ago ..I had to give him a drawing as he didnt have it ..done a superb job ..drew it on my arm with a biro !! then inked away ..all for a price of £15 ...expensive them days I suppose ..:greengrin

Ps ..if I can get a pic up I will stick it on here ..bit faded but you will get the jist ...:aok:

HibsMax
25-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Anyone got any Hi-Res images of the harp, castle and ship on the badge?
Do you just mean a hi-res image of the current Hibs badge or each individual component? I found plenty, of the whole badge, on google images.

HibsMax
26-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Superb Max ..good to see Pepe's design in the flesh ..getting the same done on my chest at Dragonheart (Porty)....:agree:

Make sure and upload a picture. It will be good to see it in a different position. Wherever you get it, it's gonna look great.

pepe
08-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Brass buddha tranent

Crossgates Hibs
08-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Brass buddha tranent

That looks smart mate how much was it?

stanton_4
08-03-2014, 08:01 AM

Here's my tatt. It's on my calf. I got it years ago not long after the badge change.

Green Fish
08-03-2014, 10:31 AM

Here's my tatt. It's on my calf. I got it years ago not long after the badge change.

I have just the shield, no writing or year, about 3 inche's on user arm, detail is really good, love it

Wighty76
08-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Great thread :thumbsup: I have HFC 1875 tattooed on my wrist in green and white. Done by Billy Hooper after the CIS cup win. I will fire a pic up when my ball and chain gets in fi work.

Phil MaGlass
25-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Looks fantastic mate. I'd get that over the badge anytime. Looks more like an actual tattoo

I would love this tattoo with Hibernian above and Persevere below, but, I would prefer the thin outlines rather than the thick outlines, as demonstrated on the drawing, is that possible?