PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Claros stays (merged)

hibee92
23-05-2012, 01:22 AM
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=281773885251163&id=100002556610896

"I can only thank Hibernian, thanks for these 6 months here were very emotional for me, I have no contract with the club and I thank you very much hibernian"

Facebook status. Looks like Jorge is the latest to be out the door. So much anticipation and promise. Shame.

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Won't be missed. How Ally McCoist wanted him at rangers I just do not know. Regardless, I wish him well.

ekhibee
23-05-2012, 01:31 AM
If this is true, I really wish the guy well. He had a poor game in the cup final but before that I thought he was coming into a wee bit of form. Best of luck to the guy, but we really do need, now more than ever, players who are going to help us push up the league and consolidate our position there.

FitbaFolkKen
23-05-2012, 01:45 AM
I really liked him, thought he was excellent against Dunfermline shame he let himself down on too many occasions.

Must be tough moving over here, all the best!

silverhibee
23-05-2012, 01:52 AM
A we bit surprised at that if i am being honest, i thought after a good pre-season behind him and up to the speed of Scottish football he would hopefully have been a decent player for us next season, maybe even his own choice to return back home, on the bright side we may see a midfield playmaker who can see passes before the opponent takes the ball of them next season, how good would that be, a good midfielder who can get assists and add a few goals from midfield, i can only dream this happens. :agree:

Nailrod
23-05-2012, 02:16 AM
I think that makes Claros the 193rd journeyman in the past five years to have arrived, transited, and departed Easter Road, leaving barely a trace of his passage...

EdinMike
23-05-2012, 04:37 AM
I'm neither sad nor surprised at this decision. He may have been too over-hyped before we even seen him. But maybe he didn't adjust. And he wasn't the player we were looking/needing.

Still onwards we go ! :flag:

The Falcon
23-05-2012, 04:39 AM
A we bit surprised at that if i am being honest, i thought after a good pre-season behind him and up to the speed of Scottish football he would hopefully have been a decent player for us next season, maybe even his own choice to return back home, on the bright side we may see a midfield playmaker who can see passes before the opponent takes the ball of them next season, how good would that be, a good midfielder who can get assists and add a few goals from midfield, i can only dream this happens. :agree:

As am I. I have thought that he didnt really understand what was going on around him a lot of the time, the final being a case in point. He wont be alone in that though!

Was looking forward to seeing him next season.

Gala Foxes
23-05-2012, 04:55 AM
I think that makes Claros the 193rd journeyman in the past five years to have arrived, transited, and departed Easter Road, leaving barely a trace of his passage...

You are spot-on with this post - an indication of how poor our signing policy has been for the last 6 years is the long list of players that have come in, played 15 to 30 games, and then been moved on. We will all struggle to remember their names in a year or so's time. No impact or impression.

Our Club needs quality + stability - what we have had is "what you pay is what you get"

The Falcon
23-05-2012, 04:58 AM
You are spot-on with this post - an indication of how poor our signing policy has been for the last 6 years is the long list of players that have come in, played 15 to 30 games, and then been moved on. We will all struggle to remember their names in a year or so's time. No impact or impression.

Our Club needs quality + stability - what we have had is "what you pay is what you get"

Yet our most successful team in recent times cost next to nothing to put together?

Beefster
23-05-2012, 05:10 AM
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=281773885251163&id=100002556610896

"I can only thank Hibernian, thanks for these 6 months here were very emotional for me, I have no contract with the club and I thank you very much hibernian"

Facebook status. Looks like Jorge is the latest to be out the door. So much anticipation and promise. Shame.

That Facebook account is fake apparently. It would be for the best, if he was allowed to go though IMHO.

cocopops1875
23-05-2012, 05:56 AM
I think his attitude is to be admired (new dad who has chosen to stay and fight for his place and play his football rather than take time off to go home and be with his family) agree we never saw the best of him but was hoping next season we would. It's clear we are gonna have a very different team next season no bad thing

ScottB
23-05-2012, 06:43 AM

To be fair, weren't Rangers trying to outright buy him for nearly a million? He wasn't a cheap option, he just hasn't adjusted to the Scottish game, or, like so many players, he's just rubbish at Hibs!

Callum_62
23-05-2012, 06:47 AM
To be fair, weren't Rangers trying to outright buy him for nearly a million? He wasn't a cheap option, he just hasn't adjusted to the Scottish game, or, like so many players, he's just rubbish at Hibs!

It takes most players coming from South America 6+ month to settle and get into the rhythm of the new style of football...especially in fast paced Scotland...sometimes they dont settle, Jorge showed enough to suggest he probably would

thought he would struggle from Jan to end of the season - if he is still here come start of the year, id expect to see a different player

I hope he stays till next xmas myself.

Littlest Hobo
23-05-2012, 07:05 AM
As someone touched on above, he needed time to adjust.
We needed a player that would hit the ground running.

I'm sure there is a good player there somewhere but sadly we never saw it.

Good luck and Viva Hibs

Twiglet
23-05-2012, 07:09 AM

It's not him, he's not on facebook at all. Whether he's actually gone is another story. A lot of the stuff about him seemed to be in the papers in Honduras before the news came out over here, maybe it's something they've got from the media over there?

down-the-slope
23-05-2012, 07:54 AM
I think his attitude is to be admired (new dad who has chosen to stay and fight for his place and play his football rather than take time off to go home and be with his family) agree we never saw the best of him but was hoping next season we would. It's clear we are gonna have a very different team next season no bad thing

I find it both amazing and sad that apparently he has never even held his daughter as his pregnant wife could / would not fly and then baby has been too young to fly. Add that to having no English and a change of culture / football style (that being a very loose term) and coming into a team where your role is to hold and shuttle the ball retaining possession...only to find your team mates generally don't fancy the ball in tight situations...and majority struggle to control it even if you do .....

I think this facebook 'story' is rubbish and hope we can see him with new team mates / his family over here and a full pre season ander his belt

WindyMiller
23-05-2012, 07:56 AM
I find it both amazing and sad that apparently he has never even held his daughter as his pregnant wife could / would not fly and then baby has been too young to fly. Add that to having no English and a change of culture / football style (that being a very loose term) and coming into a team where your role is to hold and shuttle the ball retaining possession...only to find your team mates generally don't fancy the ball in tight situations...and majority struggle to control it even if you do .....

I think this facebook 'story' is rubbish and hope we can see him with new team mates / his family over here and a full pre season ander his belt

:agree:

IWasThere2016
23-05-2012, 08:01 AM

pentlando
23-05-2012, 08:04 AM

Also I'm fairly sure Hibs would have had to pay a fee to his club in order to take him on a long term loan, cancelling early makes no sense unless he's unprofessional or disruptive. I do not believe him to be either.

keep the faith
23-05-2012, 08:48 AM

Also I'm fairly sure Hibs would have had to pay a fee to his club in order to take him on a long term loan, cancelling early makes no sense unless he's unprofessional or disruptive. I do not believe him to be either.

if he was completely floundering though that would make sense and i definately believe thats the case. End the loan now IMO.

Hibbyradge
23-05-2012, 08:52 AM
He has the heart of a rabbit.

Fenlon wants lions.

Treadstone
23-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Pedigree questionable . This to me looks like another crafty agent getting a player and a club some decent moolah . The victims are always desperate clubs , and there was no-one more desperate than us in January. Thank Rod it was a loan instead of a permanent transaction , at least the monetary damage has been kept to a minimum , although money the club cant afford to waste.

LancashireHibby
23-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Not enough stomach for the fight as far as I'm concerned. No great loss.

Yuillsy
23-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Was this not the same as the goalkeeper Divis situation the previous year?
I maybe wrong but i thought he signed on a year long loan then got it cancelled in the summer.
If Hibs invested this wasted loan cash on a couple of decent longer term signing I'm sure we'd be in a much healthier state.

Hibs7
23-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Wouldn't be sorry to are him leave now.

smurf
23-05-2012, 10:30 AM
I am friends with him on fb. If this is a fake account then it's a very good one...

Good news if true.

HibbyAndy
23-05-2012, 11:14 AM
The heart of a mouse and the name 'Pitbull' Comes from god knows where..Would be delighted if this were true.

silverhibee
23-05-2012, 11:19 AM

McCoist was looking for a player to go straight in to there team, he came highly recommended but Sally couldn't take the chance on a guy who was clearly not up to the speed of Scottish game and passed on him after the bounce game, Hibs then took him on.

silverhibee
23-05-2012, 11:25 AM

Fenlon wants lions.

So why did Fenlon sign him.

Captain Trips
23-05-2012, 11:26 AM
I said at time of his signing on here that Claros is the type of player you bring in when all is settled and you are looking to improve an already good team. It was the wrong time to sign him and I found him amongst others not fit for purpose.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2012, 11:29 AM
He was a gamble i suppose, who did not work as well as we hoped, but he did play a part in keeping us up in the SPL.

I dont think he will be missed, surely there is better out there?

Captain Trips
23-05-2012, 11:31 AM
He was a gamble i suppose, who did not work as well as we hoped, but he did play a part in keeping us up in the SPL.

I dont think he will be missed, surely there is better out there?

I do not think anyone kept us in SPL they put us in that position.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2012, 11:41 AM

Well you can have it either way i dont care, what we are seeing now is the manager getting rid of virtually every player we want rid of. Last season he gambled on loans getting us through to the end, it kept us up.

Now the work begins.

DH1875
23-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Fenlon wants lions.

This is a guy who left his pregnant wife on the other side of the world and has never seen his kid. To say he has no heart is ridiculous when you consider he was only shot in the head last year and has fought his way back to come over here and get slated. I'd have the likes of him in my squad everytime over the likes of Ozzie. The guy deserves the time to settle in to our way of life, culture and more importantly style of football.

In any case, I doubt the story is true. Can't see the club canceling the loan and losing out on the money. Also, why would he have 2 facebooks :confused:. He can hardly speak English yet alone read and write it. If any I always thought this was his facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jorge-clarospitbull/212787832143896

Emilio Izaguirre is his friend on there. If anyone would know, I'd guess it's him :dunno:.

Sammy7nil
23-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Dunfermline kept us in the SPL no one else.

We wanted Claros to be good he was not, he will not be missed.

Hibbyradge
23-05-2012, 11:49 AM
This is a guy who left his pregnant wife on the other side of the world and has never seen his kid. To say he has no heart is ridiculous when you consider he was only shot in the head last year and has fought his way back to come over here and get slated.

He has no heart on the football pitch.

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 12:08 PM

No they never. Hibs kept themselves in the SPL with crucial wins at Caley, Aberdeen and at home v Dunfermline.

The simple fact is, is this squad were only able to compete with the bottom 6 sides. Not beating Rangers, Celtic, Well, Utd and Hearts proves that.

The defeat at the weekend will be a watershed moment, where not only the manager sees the failings in the playing staff.

Let the cull continue, and with brutality. Time for the club to take control and for player power/indiscipline to cease.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2012, 12:46 PM
No they never. Hibs kept themselves in the SPL with crucial wins at Caley, Aberdeen and at home v Dunfermline.

The simple fact is, is this squad were only able to compete with the bottom 6 sides. Not beating Rangers, Celtic, Well, Utd and Hearts proves that.

The defeat at the weekend will be a watershed moment, where not only the manager sees the failings in the playing staff.

Let the cull continue, and with brutality. Time for the club to take control and for player power/indiscipline to cease.

Yip pretty much my view too. :agree:

matty_f
23-05-2012, 12:47 PM

Rubbish.

RickyS
23-05-2012, 12:58 PM

sooner the better

Captain Trips
23-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Well you can have it either way i dont care, what we are seeing now is the manager getting rid of virtually every player we want rid of. Last season he gambled on loans getting us through to the end, it kept us up.

Now the work begins.

Indeed however PF and then his signings were brought in to push up table not finish 11th. Did CC then not keep us up last season? no he didnt he had time to stop the rot totally failed with his tactics and signings. Now we have PF he also has not really stopped the rot and dealt badly in his first window. PF talks a good game but everyone he bought seemed to be the oppisite of what he appeared to be looking for, McPake aside. PF is getting cut slack because of his level of commitment and desire 2 things it appeared CC lacked. Unfortunatly that doesnt get you results. Claros in this type of side was a nightmare and quite what PF thought is really a massive worry. He is as bad as CC BH I fear.

Brebners Bookie
23-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Indeed however PF and then his signings were brought in to push up table not finish 11th. Did CC then not keep us up last season? no he didnt he had time to stop the rot totally failed with his tactics and signings. Now we have PF he also has not really stopped the rot and dealt badly in his first window. PF talks a good game but everyone he bought seemed to be the oppisite of what he appeared to be looking for, McPake aside. PF is getting cut slack because of his level of commitment and desire 2 things it appeared CC lacked. Unfortunatly that doesnt get you results. Claros in this type of side was a nightmare and quite what PF thought is really a massive worry. He is as bad as CC BH I fear.

Carlsberg don't do suicide notes , but if they did.........

Seriously have you ever had a positive thought about the hibs?

Captain Trips
23-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Carlsberg don't do suicide notes , but if they did.........

Seriously have you ever had a positive thought about the hibs?

Check out my lets all get behind PF and the team threads they are great.

Cropley10
23-05-2012, 03:21 PM

Great post

DH1875
23-05-2012, 03:51 PM

I agree with that. If they had brought fat Jim in a couple of months sooner we'd have been proper ducked.

Great post

And I'll 2nd that :agree:. Any news, is it a bull kite story or what.

hopefulhibby
23-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Won't be missed. How Ally McCoist wanted him at rangers I just do not know. Regardless, I wish him well.
I dont think Ally ever wanted him, the whole thing was just a con and we fell for it

SouthamptonHibs
23-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Good ridence he was joke off a player. Thats what we get for trusting Ally McCoist...Rangers want to sogn = he must be good. one of the worst players ever to put on a jersey IMO

Hibernia Na Eir
23-05-2012, 06:15 PM

our scouts are great, first de Graff, now Claros (albeit punted from huns grasps)
we're great at singing

lyonhibs
23-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Good ridence he wasjoke off a player. Thats what we get for trusting Ally McCoist...Rangers want to sogn = he must be good. one of the worst players ever to put on a jersey IMO

I love this line. Seems to be the OTT "go to" sign-off line for rants about players who - whilst not great, and frequently not even good enough - are so far from being anywhere near a "worst ever" XI it's untrue. IMO.

:not worth:faf:

Brebners Bookie
23-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Check out my lets all get behind PF and the team threads they are great.

I'm sure they will be a great read if you continue in your belief that he is as bad as Claderwood :rolleyes:

SouthamptonHibs
23-05-2012, 06:29 PM
I love this line. Seems to be the OTT "go to" sign-off line for rants about players who - whilst not great, and frequently not even good enough - are so far from being anywhere near a "worst ever" XI it's untrue. IMO.

:not worth:faf:

Im 33 mate and never seen a team as bad as last season. loads off them would be in the worst hibs team ever IMO. As many have said the standard off Scottish football has dropped since the 80's and 90's. Can you think off a worse 11 players that we have had in this time? Ive seen some poor players in the past. The 98 team that took us down are better than last seasons team i also believe the team we had in the first div would have hammered last seasons team

Franck Stanton
23-05-2012, 06:36 PM

Figure quoted by Rangers at the time was £800,000. Then it was announced that he had signed a Year long loan deal at E/R. So on that info we should have him until Jan 2013. That is unless the loan deal has been altered/cancelled by either party. Not that big a deal either way, didn't exactly set the heather alight imo.

hopefulhibby
23-05-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm sure they will be a great read if you continue in your belief that he is as bad as Claderwood :rolleyes:
what is the head to head as a matter of interest between Calderwood and Fenlon?

da-robster
23-05-2012, 08:00 PM
FWIW all of his alleged statuses spanish translations are what you would get if you put the english in google translate. I smell a rat.

One Day Soon
23-05-2012, 08:03 PM
FWIW all of his alleged statuses spanish translations are what you would get if you put the english in google translate. I smell a rat.

So, Claros loan cancellation cancelled?

da-robster
23-05-2012, 08:15 PM
So, Claros loan cancellation cancelled?

If the only source for it is a dodgy facebook page and Hibs haven't said anything, I'd be surprised if it were to go ahead, or if it was even planned.

Captain Trips
23-05-2012, 08:20 PM
what is the head to head as a matter of interest between Calderwood and Fenlon?

Rotten and Dreadful I think.

fishybeaver
23-05-2012, 08:21 PM
If the only source for it is a dodgy facebook page and Hibs haven't said anything, I'd be surprised if it were to go ahead, or if it was even planned.

Crock of **** I think. Offical page lists every player who has been release but no mention off carlo......who I do think will come good.

Green_one
23-05-2012, 08:30 PM
If the only source for it is a dodgy facebook page and Hibs haven't said anything, I'd be surprised if it were to go ahead, or if it was even planned.]

Its all true I tell you, true!!!!

Claros is offski, Hibs are going bust, McPake is off to the Hearts and Fenlon is the anti-christ. Plus lots of other bad stuff.

OR

This site is crawling with low life Jamboids who have nothing else to do with their small lives than to invent unbelievable ****. Of course they might guess right occassionally like - Hearts are getting a new stand or We are not in Debt or We will be Euro champions in a couple of years. All as true as the other stuff they write.

Ignore them. They will some return to chronic masturbation with a picture of Vlad on their screens.

One Day Soon
23-05-2012, 08:32 PM
]

Its all true I tell you, true!!!!

Claros is offski, Hibs are going bust, McPake is off to the Hearts and Fenlon is the anti-christ. Plus lots of other bad stuff.

OR

This site is crawling with low life Jamboids who have nothing else to do with their small lives than to invent unbelievable ****. Of course they might guess right occassionally like - Hearts are getting a new stand or We are not in Debt or We will be Euro champions in a couple of years. All as true as the other stuff they write.

Ignore them. They will some return to chronic masturbation with a picture of Vlad on their screens.

Does that mean they are just not very good at it?

Squealing pig
23-05-2012, 08:58 PM
great news hea away.

Sir David Gray
23-05-2012, 09:01 PM
No idea if this page is genuine or not but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is away.

sahib
23-05-2012, 10:40 PM
So why did Fenlon sign him.

Rabbit, lion and pitbull - he is a ruddy one man menagerie.

Harpandcastle
23-05-2012, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=DH1875;3243147]I agree with that. If they had brought fat Jim in a couple of months sooner we'd have been proper ducked.

Really? How many points did he claw back on us in his 8 games in charge?

Macaroon
23-05-2012, 11:34 PM
I agree with that. If they had brought fat Jim in a couple of months sooner we'd have been proper ducked.

Really? How many points did he claw back on us in his 8 games in charge?

He certainly did a great job motivating them before the Easter Road game :rolleyes:

Saorsa
23-05-2012, 11:38 PM
The heart of a mouse and the name 'Pitbull' Comes from god knows where..Would be delighted if this were true.But He's a Honduran Pitbull
(http://i45.tinypic.com/ridzj8.png)

basehibby
24-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Pitbull? Surely lost in translation! He did a great impression of a rabbit caught in the headlights at Hamden - has shown some touches of class in some games but not nearly enough - we need and must have better!

Good luck to him if true he's going - if not - what's the spanish for pull yer finger oot :confused:

The_Horde
24-05-2012, 12:30 AM

No, they were brought in to win us some games and get us safe. They done that and now the majority are leaving. Claros if nothing else was cover for a position we were very short in cover for, would we have gotten to the final without him? I doubt it.

The bedwetters are out in force this week, PF has kept us up as he was meant to by winning us some games and got us to our first SC cup final since 2001 as a bonus. Let's just see what the man can do for us in the next season or two.

Gala Foxes
24-05-2012, 05:37 AM
Claros is the most over hyped arrival at ER since Ulysees De La Cruz (or possibly E De-Graaf)

Has never displayed any of the "approach or attitude" that (presumably) got him the nickname "Pitbull"

Unless the Central American Pitbull is different to the UK one that is ?

Captain Trips
24-05-2012, 07:56 AM
;3243835']No, they were brought in to win us some games and get us safe. They done that and now the majority are leaving. Claros if nothing else was cover for a position we were very short in cover for, would we have gotten to the final without him? I doubt it.

The bedwetters are out in force this week, PF has kept us up as he was meant to by winning us some games and got us to our first SC cup final since 2001 as a bonus. Let's just see what the man can do for us in the next season or two.

Your opinion of course, not mine PF brought in to get us up table, players in January were to assist on that. You doubt we would have got to final without Claros? I think we might just have made it without his fantastic passing and ball winning.

PF 25th Nov, no mention at about survival:

"But in order to move Hibernian forward there will need to be a lot of hard work and a clear change in mindset shown collectively by the team.

"There are a lot of quality players on Hibernian's playing staff and it is now my job to make sure they function as a team.

"The primary goal is to provide winning football to the Hibernian supporters, who have gone through some hard times recently.

"But we will also try to entertain our fans in the process and put a smile on their faces.

PF was like CC brought in to get us up league not 3rd/4th but not 11th either. He and his signings put us in a position that it ended up we were in a relegation battle.

J-C
24-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Your opinion of course, not mine PF brought in to get us up table, players in January were to assist on that. You doubt we would have got to final without Claros? I think we might just have made it without his fantastic passing and ball winning.

"But in order to move Hibernian forward there will need to be a lot of hard work and a clear change in mindset shown collectively by the team.

"There are a lot of quality players on Hibernian's playing staff and it is now my job to make sure they function as a team.

"The primary goal is to provide winning football to the Hibernian supporters, who have gone through some hard times recently.

"But we will also try to entertain our fans in the process and put a smile on their faces.

PF was like CC brought in to get us up league not 3rd/4th but not 11th either. He and his signings put us in a position that it ended up we were in a relegation battle.

What you forget is those so called quality players are also a bunch of no good, lily livered wage thieves who couldn't give a rat's erse for Hibs and the supporters, the league results and more particularly the final showed that, hence the huge clearout happening now.

Captain Trips
24-05-2012, 11:29 AM
What you forget is those so called quality players are also a bunch of no good, lily livered wage thieves who couldn't give a rat's erse for Hibs and the supporters, the league results and more particularly the final showed that, hence the huge clearout happening now.

Exactly and we are to have confidence in his ability to sign players? A massive clearout needed most of his signings for one, and lets not forget 2 of them on books next year Claros if not cancelled and Kujabi the Roberto Carlos man. All hope no substance at all in anything PF has actually done.

HibsMax
24-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Exactly and we are to have confidence in his ability to sign players? A massive clearout needed most of his signings for one, and lets not forget 2 of them on books next year Claros if not cancelled and Kujabi the Roberto Carlos man. All hope no substance at all in anything PF has actually done.

Yes, we are to have confidence in his ability to sign the right players.

Too often managers are judged on what they achieve during the winter window. IMO, that's not fair.

One Day Soon
24-05-2012, 12:02 PM

Give it a rest.

It's patently obvious that he discovered a playing squad rotten to the core because of a culture among the ring leaders of boozing and brawling allied to a half assed professionalism about their diets, smoking, training etc.

I think there is a serious question mark as to whether in that context either Claros or Kujabi have had any meanigful chance to show what kind of players they are. If your squad is so ill diciplined that you are effectively putting 11 strangers on the pitch each game rather than an organised unit then the chances are the new arrivals will seriously struggle to get into their game.

Fenlon had to make signings during the window - never a good time. It will always be hit and miss. Let's see what he can do with a full pre-season, his own will imposed and the wasters gone.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I think folk got it wrong with claros, he wasnt called pitbull because of his football .....he was called pitbull because he looked like one

Winston Ingram
24-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Winston Ingram
24-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Claros is the most over hyped arrival at ER since Ulysees De La Cruz (or possibly E De-Graaf)

Has never displayed any of the "approach or attitude" that (presumably) got him the nickname "Pitbull"

Unless the Central American Pitbull is different to the UK one that is ?

Mare like the 'Chiwawa':agree:

Spike Mandela
24-05-2012, 02:33 PM

I like the joke but you really need to put spell check on.:greengrin

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 04:45 PM
How is PF going to get players to sign for us when he has bad mouthed the whole squad with the exeption of McPake, ask yourself if you were a good pro footballer would you sign for PF

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Poodle is more accurate

HibsMax
24-05-2012, 04:53 PM
How is PF going to get players to sign for us when he has bad mouthed the whole squad with the exeption of McPake, ask yourself if you were a good pro footballer would you sign for PF

He bad mouthed players that deserved to be bad mouthed. Would I sign for him? Probably not if I didn't have confidence in my own abiity. I wouldn't be put off signing for a guy just because he says things as he sees them. It's not like PF was all alone when he made those comments - practically the entire support was behind him.

I think this is an EXCELLENT opportunity for players to come and make a name for themselves. But they have to want it. Players who are looking to coast through the season while (God knows how) marketing themselves for a bigger and better deal are not welcome and if PF's actions scare those candidates away, that can only be a good thing.

marinello59
24-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Hopefully it means he won't be signing over sensitive primadonnas who give up at the first hint of criticism.

Dinkydoo
24-05-2012, 05:07 PM

Have you ever posted anything positive about Hibs? :rolleyes:

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 05:09 PM
He bad mouthed players that deserved to be bad mouthed. Would I sign for him? Probably not if I didn't have confidence in my own abiity. I wouldn't be put off signing for a guy just because he says things as he sees them. It's not like PF was all alone when he made those comments - practically the entire support was behind him.

I think this is an EXCELLENT opportunity for players to come and make a name for themselves. But they have to want it. Players who are looking to coast through the season while (God knows how) marketing themselves for a bigger and better deal are not welcome and if PF's actions scare those candidates away, that can only be a good thing.
I just think a good young player will be advised to stay well clear because of PFS lack of experience at this level and we dont want journeymen from the lower leagues down south do we? or to leave it late and just sign players for the sake of signing players as i think this is what happened in January, PF signed players he had never even heard of and thats what scares me

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Have you ever posted anything positive about Hibs? :rolleyes:
If you were a promising young footballer who had options would you sign for PF? from what i have seen its hard to look for positives, i was there last Saturday

MSK
24-05-2012, 05:19 PM
I just think a good young player will be advised to stay well clear because of PFS lack of experience at this level and we dont want journeymen from the lower leagues down south do we? or to leave it late and just sign players for the sake of signing players as i think this is what happened in January, PF signed players he had never even heard of and thats what scares meBollox ..PF had a very short window in which to get players in that would keep us up ..McPake ..Doherty, Doyle, etc done exactly that ..lets now judge him on who he brings in next season & how we do next season..

Give him a chance ffs ..the majority of your posts have been about putting the boot into Fenlon & the team ..why dont you get behind the team instead of ridiculing them at every chance !!!

hibee_nation
24-05-2012, 05:26 PM
If you were a promising young footballer who had options would you sign for PF? from what i have seen its hard to look for positives, i was there last Saturday

What was the view like from the West Stand. :rolleyes:

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Bollox ..PF had a very short window in which to get players in that would keep us up ..McPake ..Doherty, Doyle, etc done exactly that ..lets now judge him on who he brings in next season & how we do next season..

Give him a chance ffs ..the majority of your posts have been about putting the boot into Fenlon & the team ..why dont you get behind the team instead of ridiculing them at every chance !!!
I do get behind the team at every opportunity like last Saturday and numerous occasions before that, i still have a lot of friends in Dublin and i also lived there and saw how PF operates and it does not inspire me, check the stats for yourself and see what happened to Shelbourne and Bohemians and dont forget Derry City where PF lasted all of 5 months

Kato
24-05-2012, 05:32 PM

So when PF does sign some players will you rap up?

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 05:35 PM
What was the view like from the West Stand. :rolleyes:
Sorry but Pat had his back to me when he made his gesture, or were you long gone at that stage

Paisley Hibby
24-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Give it a rest.

It's patently obvious that he discovered a playing squad rotten to the core because of a culture among the ring leaders of boozing and brawling allied to a half assed professionalism about their diets, smoking, training etc.

I think there is a serious question mark as to whether in that context either Claros or Kujabi have had any meanigful chance to show what kind of players they are. If your squad is so ill diciplined that you are effectively putting 11 strangers on the pitch each game rather than an organised unit then the chances are the new arrivals will seriously struggle to get into their game.

Fenlon had to make signings during the window - never a good time. It will always be hit and miss. Let's see what he can do with a full pre-season, his own will imposed and the wasters gone.

:top marks

Postman
24-05-2012, 05:37 PM

You go every week or is everything based on going to the final?

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 05:40 PM
You go every week or is everything based on going to the final?
Missed 3 home games this season

Postman
24-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Missed 3 home games this season

Players will sign anywhere if the money is right! They won't start turning down a contract because the manager had a few harsh words to say about players who failed badly in the past

Dinkydoo
24-05-2012, 05:59 PM

It obviously depends on what those options are but I've seen nothing to suggest that PF is as much of an arse as what you seem to think he is. To paraphrase;

"He doesn't communicate with his players", "He slags them off behind thier backs", "Doubt Elliot would come here after what he saw on Saturday", "Fenlon vs Calderwood head to head stats... "

Give it a rest, we're all hurting after Saturday but sticking the boot into the manager at every given opportunity isn't going to change anything.

We need to get behind Hibs at this point in time. If Fenlon's summer signings prove to be crap and we're still lingering about at the bottom of the table after a reasonable amount of games, then we should be looking at ANOTHER change in management - and this time, the board too.

matty_f
24-05-2012, 06:29 PM
I do get behind the team at every opportunity like last Saturday and numerous occasions before that, i still have a lot of friends in Dublin and i also lived there and saw how PF operates and it does not inspire me, check the stats for yourself and see what happened to Shelbourne and Bohemians and dont forget Derry City where PF lasted all of 5 months

Which of Fenlon's numerous honours is supposed to cause us concern? The league wins or the cup wins?

Captain Trips
24-05-2012, 06:36 PM

Players will sign if the contract is right.

Haymaker
24-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Has this been confirmed yet?

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Which of Fenlon's numerous honours is supposed to cause us concern? The league wins or the cup wins?
Both clubs ended up broke after Fenlons tenure, Shelbourne are only back in the top flight this season and Bohemians struggled last season and are struggling again this season, these 2 clubs were the highest spending clubs in the LOI while PF was manager FACT

Kato
24-05-2012, 07:56 PM
FACT

Oooooh. Get her.

BarneyK
24-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Both clubs ended up broke after Fenlons tenure, Shelbourne are only back in the top flight this season and Bohemians struggled last season and are struggling again this season, these 2 clubs were the highest spending clubs in the LOI while PF was manager FACT

And yet he managed a mid table finish with a skint Bohemians. What's yer point?

CallumLaidlaw
24-05-2012, 07:57 PM

So? He was allowed to be. A manager doesn't set his budget. Rather than bad mouthing the manager On every thread, try backing him this season. Maybe he'll surprise you. And if he doesn't, at least you can come back in May and gloat

Kato
24-05-2012, 08:00 PM
at least you can come back in May and gloat

Is that not what he's doing now?

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 08:04 PM
And yet he managed a mid table finish with a skint Bohemians. What's yer point?
So finishing mid table after being champions is deemed a success, you think Celtic or Man City fans think like you?

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Is that not what he's doing now?
Its called worrying

BarneyK
24-05-2012, 08:06 PM
So finishing mid table after being champions is deemed a success, you think Celtic or Man City fans think like you?

I don't recall too many Boh's supporters rushing onto this messageboard to tell us all how crap he was for them. In fact, seem to recall nothing but good words.

Iain G
24-05-2012, 08:10 PM

Go and have a read up on what happened at the club before the mid table finish season, by all accounts finishing mid table was a miracle!. :agree:

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 08:13 PM
It obviously depends on what those options are but I've seen nothing to suggest that PF is as much of an arse as what you seem to think he is. To paraphrase;

"He doesn't communicate with his players", "He slags them off behind thier backs", "Doubt Elliot would come here after what he saw on Saturday", "Fenlon vs Calderwood head to head stats... "

Give it a rest, we're all hurting after Saturday but sticking the boot into the manager at every given opportunity isn't going to change anything.

We need to get behind Hibs at this point in time. If Fenlon's summer signings prove to be crap and we're still lingering about at the bottom of the table after a reasonable amount of games, then we should be looking at ANOTHER change in management - and this time, the board too.
I know it may seem to be sticking the boot in but i just have to see a bit more from PF to get a better feeling

matty_f
24-05-2012, 08:13 PM

Their financial situations had hee-haw to do with Fenlon.FACT.

hopefulhibby
24-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Go and have a read up on what happened at the club before the mid table finish season, by all accounts finishing mid table was a miracle!. :agree:
Idont have to read up on it i know the deal to sell the ground fell through due to them not owning part of the surrounding buildings but bohs are a Dublin club and clubs like Drogheda and Dundalk usually finish mid table and they are little towns

calumb
24-05-2012, 08:32 PM

That might be FACT but its got nowt to do with Fenlon as i would say most of the LOI clubs got themselves in the same financial doo doo at the same time as Fenlons clubs because they were running bigger budgets that most spl clubs.

Take Cork for example, one of the best supported clubs, spent a fortune on wages but went bankrupt because they forgot to save any money to pay the taxman.

So Fenlon maybe spent a load of money but it was only to keep up with the rest.

The derry time is maybe a career blip but he was replacing a club hero which was always going to be difficult added to the fact he was a Dub who had played for linfield which was never to go down well in Derry.

Captain Trips
24-05-2012, 08:41 PM

HH I am certainly in the minority on Fenlon on here, however my focus is on his record here not how good or bad he was in LOI. PF while at Hibs IMO leaves a lot to be desired and there seems an excuse for every failing.

hiblander
24-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Find it funny LOI is a really bad league, remember when UEFA competition came around and when the Dons lost to LOI side ??

Shows how **** Scottish football has become and there are all you Hibees worrying again about the manager....oh jesus give me a break...

...this is the reason Hibs are pretty well *****....no consistent team, no consistent manager and a Chairman who can not make any decent decisions apart from the balance sheet....

simple as...

Nobody at Hibs has a clue where they want to be next year....f***ing simple !!

:cb

BEEJ
24-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Shows how **** Scottish football has become and there are all you Hibees worrying again about the manager....oh jesus give me a break...

...this is the reason Hibs are pretty well *****....
And all along I thought you were one of us!

:coolhib:

Sumner
24-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Back to Claros.

Good if he's going, get rid, utter garbage, end of.

The_Horde
25-05-2012, 12:05 AM

Stevenson was out of the semi, Claros filled in and played pretty well.. who would you have played there other than Claros? Of course we might well have still went through to the final without him, who knows? but the fact remains that he done a very good job for Hibs in that game and somebody else might not have. Claros hasn't been as good as we thought but he has provided cover in an area we were short and was well worth the gamble IMO with his pedigree.

What did you want PF to say when he came in? "Aye well.. teams looking pretty gash so I'll sign a few loan players in the window and try and stave off relegation, then I'll dump all these wasters in the summer and start my own team" that would have went down well with us and his new squad eh? :rolleyes:

As for the rest, there's been far more entertainment during Fenlon's spell so far for me and I've certainly smiled a lot more than i did during CC's time.

Most of his signings were loanees because teams don't want to part with regular players during the season unless there is big money on offer. Fenlons loans came in and were an improvement on what we already had which ultimately kept us up.

Doherty and Francomb - better than Towell and both provided decent cover in areas we were short (RM, CB, RB, CM and LB)

Mcpake - does anything need to be said?

Kujabi - cost us in the final but put in some decent performances for us in games we've needed points and with Booths confidence loss again provided good cover.

Griffiths (again) - Some very important goals for us and would love to keep him

O'Donovan - Cover for when GOC was injured, not a great player but scored a couple of important goals for us (one against killie and of course in the quarter final).

Doyle - Scored a few important goals for us and Fenlon has already said he's one for the future.

Out of those players the only ones definitely staying are Doyle and Kujabi the with hopefully Griffiths and Mcpake staying, the rest were only here to do a short term job.

Did Fenlon take a dump in your cornflakes or something? Because PF was in charge of the finances of these clubs right enough, a manager can only spend what he's given by the board.

How many managers have gotten hibs into a scottish cup final in the last 20 years? Not many! And he done it with a patched up squad full of loanees, that is near enough a miracle in itself.

Billychaotic182
25-05-2012, 03:57 PM
So us he gone or what?

Dinkydoo
25-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Find it funny LOI is a really bad league, remember when UEFA competition came around and when the Dons lost to LOI side ??

...this is the reason Hibs are pretty well *****....no consistent team, no consistent manager and a Chairman who can not make any decent decisions apart from the balance sheet....

simple as...

Nobody at Hibs has a clue where they want to be next year....f***ing simple !!

:cb

Yam ****.

MSK
25-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Yam ****.He has gone ..no need to carry it on ..:wink:

Dinkydoo
25-05-2012, 05:42 PM
He has gone ..no need to carry it on ..:wink:

Oops sorry, posting via tapatalk so unless I go into their profile it's not obvious, cheers.

MSK
25-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Oops sorry, posting via tapatalk so unless I go into their profile it's not obvious, cheers.:aok:

StevesFamau5
30-05-2012, 05:49 PM
According to his facebook... Slow news day just got slower :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Gala Foxes
30-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Slow news is still quicker than Claros

SRHibs
30-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Link?

London Hibs FC
30-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Link?

No link, quick copy and paste though:

Jorge Aarón Claros Juárez (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002556610896)
Thank God I'm very happy playing for Hibernian,friends I'm playing for Hibernian greetings friends.

Gracias a Dios estoy jugando muy feliz con el Hibernian, amigos estoy jugando para el Hibernian amigos saludos
Att: Jorge Claros (El Pitbul)

StevesFamau5
30-05-2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002556610896

not really sure what to make of this... hoax or reality? :na na:

Billy Whizz
30-05-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002556610896

not really sure what to make of this... hoax or reality? :na na:

Is this the same Facebook that said he was leaving?

StevesFamau5
30-05-2012, 06:06 PM
yeah which makes me wonder how legit this is...

London Hibs FC
30-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Is this the same Facebook that said he was leaving?

Aye, not a hope in hell that it's actually Jorge Claros...... I'm sure someone on here posted that they had asked him and he stated he didn't have a FB Page.

The fact that the majority of updates take place around 2/3 or even later in the morning would also suggest it's unlikely to be authentic.

Still didn't stop Stackie and Pa Kujabi becoming this particular Jorge's 'friends'!!

just_joe
30-05-2012, 06:23 PM
God help us. I take it no one else wanted him then?

SouthamptonHibs
30-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Please tell me this is a joke. Bad news fir us Hibees the pitbull is mince and should never play for us again imo. I thought we were learning from the past two years mistakes?

SRHibs
30-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I've quite liked him thus far. Didn't have the greatest of games (to understate) in the SC final, but apart from that he's been OK. I think he'll shine with better players around him.

.Sean.
30-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm his 'friend' on FB, and if it's fake, it's an extremely good one. Loads of photos of him with his family, out and about back in Honduras etc. I'd say it's legit.

SquashedFrogg
30-05-2012, 07:22 PM
I've quite liked him thus far. Didn't have the greatest of games (to understate) in the SC final, but apart from that he's been OK. I think he'll shine with better players around him.

Agreed. I felt the criticism he took for the final was a bit harsh. For me everyone bar McPake was shocking, not just Claros. In fact, I'm still convinced Fenlon should've hung fire switching him for Sproule once McPake scored.

Anyway, that's by the by.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if he stayed. Would like to see him in a decent team next season (us obviously) and would rather see ozzy leave before him.

Still feel there's much more to come with Claros whereas I've seen enough of ozzy.

IMHO obviously

London Hibs FC
30-05-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm his 'friend' on FB, and if it's fake, it's an extremely good one. Loads of photos of him with his family, out and about back in Honduras etc. I'd say it's legit.

It's a well put together page but it's either created by a family member/ good friend or an obsessive fan from back in Honduras.

As I say, the fact that the majority of updates from 'Jorge' come during the wee hours (when 'most' footballers will be tucked up in bed) gives me more than enough doubt to reckon it's fake.

frazeHFC
30-05-2012, 08:08 PM

This. No way his account is fake.

StevesFamau5
30-05-2012, 08:23 PM
See this is my thoughts exactly.. Is this page a valiant effort by a troll? Or the pit-troll himself? Im to lazy to find out. Plus its beer o'clock :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

down-the-slope
30-05-2012, 08:23 PM

:agree: forget the fake FB guff....if the fans have a modicum of patience he will be very good for us

DH1875
30-05-2012, 08:26 PM

Hate to tell you, but it's a fake mate :agree:.

hopefulhibby
30-05-2012, 08:27 PM
He was rubbish for us and we were duped into signing him, i dont believe for 1 minute that Rangers ever wanted him and his agent knew PF was desperate to sign new players so he punted him and PF took the bait and we were left with another crap player at ER, so hopefully Pat learned a lesson and will at least know what a player looks like before he signs him.

EH6 Hibby
30-05-2012, 08:29 PM
It's a well put together page but it's either created by a family member/ good friend or an obsessive fan from back in Honduras.

As I say, the fact that the majority of updates from 'Jorge' come during the wee hours (when 'most' footballers will be tucked up in bed) gives me more than enough doubt to reckon it's fake.

Most of the updates from Claros come during the day or in the evening. I think you are confusing updates with the photos that are regularly posted on his page from liga nacional de honduras. That to me looks like a group that he is a member of or a fans group or something, they're usually during the night.

dmc1875
30-05-2012, 08:33 PM

He's back in Honduras though, left right after the final so the updates would be at a normal time over there? :confused:

AlbertK86
30-05-2012, 08:49 PM
He's back in Honduras though, left right after the final so the updates would be at a normal time over there? :confused:

Yep he was gash in final but as somebody else said who wasn't.

He was my MOM v Dunfermline ... He won nearly every tackle and made himself available for every ball. He took the ball in tight spaces and played some great passes.

Still think there is a player there. Massive change in culture for him so happy to see how he does next season

Jones28
30-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Yep he was gash in final but as somebody else said who wasn't.

He was my MOM v Dunfermline ... He won nearly every tackle and made himself available for every ball. He took the ball in tight spaces and played some great passes.

Still think there is a player there. Massive change in culture for him so happy to see how he does next season

Agree with this :agree:

Takes certain players a while to adjust, whereas some can slot right in. He shone against Dunfermline so lets wait and see - there IS a player in there :aok:

Dashing Bob S
30-05-2012, 10:37 PM
This. No way his account is fake.

That account is as authentic as the ex-wife's orgasms, and this one they can't pin on yours truly.

Gus Fring
31-05-2012, 01:24 PM
He's Staying. That clears that up.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/104171-jorge-claros-remains-on-loan-at-hibernian-until-december/

paul_hfc3
31-05-2012, 01:39 PM

http://sport.stv.tv/football/104171-jorge-claros-remains-on-loan-at-hibernian-until-december/

No offense to the guy, but this is very disappointing news. Hes not the answer to our problems at Hibs. Thoughs of yous who think there is a player there because he has shown some footballing skill, can I also comment and say Zibi played well against Inverness CT once or twice.
Thought he wasn't good enough for us a while now. His performance at the final was shameful and confirmed he was a dud to me.
Not good news not good at all.

Famous5forever
31-05-2012, 05:47 PM

He is only here till December he wil be emptied then, pity he is not away now as it would free up a wage to offer a new player i dont think he will get many games next season anyway his cup final performance seen to that.
I Hope we bring in a quality Midfielder one who can show desire and fight as well as skill a midfield General is whats required.

erin go bragh
31-05-2012, 09:47 PM
He is only here till December he wil be emptied then, pity he is not away now as it would free up a wage to offer a new player i dont think he will get many games next season anyway his cup final performance seen to that.
I Hope we bring in a quality Midfielder one who can show desire and fight as well as skill a midfield General is whats required.
Maybe with better quality players around him ,we might see this pittbull we have heard about .
ggtth

Edinburgh Green
31-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Maybe with better quality players around him ,we might see this pittbull we have heard about .
ggtth

Sorry, but I hate it when folk come out with the "if he had better players around him" line. A good player should be able to shine no matter who the players are around them.

Littlest Hobo
31-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Chance to redeem himself.

down-the-slope
31-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Pleased and not surprised (had said way back on this thread that though initial 'reports' were rubbish)

Hopefull the good bits we saw from him will be enhanced by a full pre-season / improved English / more settled family circumstances.

Its been quite a couple of years for him with surviving being shot / moving country and culture / being parted from wife before birth of daughter and not seeing her till several months old.....and then having to suffer the level of technical ability around him at ER

Judas Iscariot
01-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Good, easily our best midfielder

silverhibee
01-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Good, easily our best midfielder

A pre-season will do Claros the world of good, he will be ready to go and i think we will see a different player next season, you can see he has a good football brain and he should be up to speed with the rest of the team when the season starts, the only downside is he is only with us until the end of December, but there is a good player there and hopefully we will get to see that next season. :aok:

smurf
01-06-2012, 11:26 AM
He lacks heart. A player of his apparent quality shoukd be devastated and upset at being substituted in the first half of a cup final. For my liking he took it too well.

Bayern Bru
01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
He lacks heart. A player of his apparent quality shoukd be devastated and upset at being substituted in the first half of a cup final. For my liking he took it too well.

Took it too well? And the rest of the team were obviously so gutted that they lost the game in such atrocious fashion, aye?

smurf
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Took it too well? And the rest of the team were obviously so gutted that they lost the game in such atrocious fashion, aye?

I think you enhance my point. The humiliation of being substituted from that team.

paul_hfc3
01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Pleased and not surprised (had said way back on this thread that though initial 'reports' were rubbish)

Hopefull the good bits we saw from him will be enhanced by a full pre-season / improved English / more settled family circumstances.

Its been quite a couple of years for him with surviving being shot / moving country and culture / being parted from wife before birth of daughter and not seeing her till several months old.....and then having to suffer the level of technical ability around him at ER

Sorry mate but that is the most dellued comment you can make on a terrible player. "Give him a chance, give him time, theres a player there." Theres no, hes piss and we are piss therefore in the need of change to make us better he can go get a chance or time somewhere else. Hes simply not good enough for us.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Sorry mate but that is the most dellued comment you can make on a terrible player. "Give him a chance, give him time, theres a player there." Theres no, hes piss and we are piss therefore in the need of change to make us better he can go get a chance or time somewhere else. Hes simply not good enough for us.

This.....

It's high time people on this forum stopped wanting to keep rubbish players that have let us down so badly this season, I really cannot get my head around some of the guff that some supporters want to put up with on the park.

9 of the 11 players that started the final should have bee shipped out by now.

BarneyK
01-06-2012, 11:59 AM

31 international caps but not good enough for us, aye right. Not saying that his style may not be particularly suited to us, not saying that he will be brilliant for us next year, and to be honest, with a contract until only December, we still need to be looking for his replacement right now, but I don't think we can say he's a terrible player.

BarneyK
01-06-2012, 12:03 PM
This.....

It's high time people on this forum stopped wanting to keep rubbish players that have let us down so badly this season, I really cannot get my head around some of the guff that some supporters want to put up with on the park.

9 of the 11 players that started the final should have bee shipped out by now.

Are you saying that a team with a limited budget should spend some of that in paying off contracted players?

madabouthibs
01-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Claros is a decent player, and will shine as part of a team that actually communicates and can understand each other. imo.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Are you saying that a team with a limited budget should spend some of that in paying off contracted players?

Players out of contract should be emptied, I'm fed up with this soft touch approach some folk on here have to bad players, no doubt we will have the Hanlon lovers at your back, we need a new approach on and off the park and it should start now really, Claros is gash in anyone's money, can't really see anything on the park to make me think otherwise, in the past we've had players from South America and other countries that have fitted in nicely, this guy has shown me zero effect.

We need a total re-building job and keeping players like above isn't going to do us any favours.

BarneyK
01-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Players out of contract should be emptied, I'm fed up with this soft touch approach some folk on here have to bad players, no doubt we will have the Hanlon lovers at your back, we need a new approach on and off the park and it should start now really, Claros is gash in anyone's money, can't really see anything on the park to make me think otherwise, in the past we've had players from South America and other countries that have fitted in nicely, this guy has shown me zero effect.

We need a total re-building job and keeping players like above isn't going to do us any favours.

I'm sure the out-of-contract players will be emptied. It is yet to be seen if Claros falls into that category though. As for Claros being "gash in anyone's money" - obviously not in the Honduran Lempira, or at least 31 international caps would tend to suggest not :wink:

Treadstone
01-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm sure the out-of-contract players will be emptied. It is yet to be seen if Claros falls into that category though. As for Claros being "gash in anyone's money" - obviously not in the Honduran Lempira, or at least 31 international caps would tend to suggest not :wink:

I see your 31 and raise you 88 . I particularly like the Sunderland section . We have been duped . End of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_N%C3%BA%C3%B1ez

BarneyK
01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
I see your 31 and raise you 88 . I particularly like the Sunderland section . We have been duped . End of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_N%C3%BA%C3%B1ez

Surprised he found time to play any international football what with all his moving around :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Look Barney, not being funny but even if he had 131 caps it makes no difference to me, he's a crap Hibs player end off.

It's time we changed this attitude, as far as I'm concerned this is part of the reason we are in such a mess, we need to stand up and be counted on and off the park.

Treadstone
01-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Surprised he found time to play any international football what with all his moving around :greengrin

Just glad the current deal is fairly short term.

Andy74
01-06-2012, 01:17 PM
He's probably the best footballer we have but clearly he has had to cope with colleagues that aren't on his wave length and a country that plays a style of football that he is having to adapt to.

The hounding can get a bit self fulfilling though so hopefully he gets the chance to settle in next season.

BarneyK
01-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Look Barney, not being funny but even if he had 131 caps it makes no difference to me, he's a crap Hibs player end off.

It's time we changed this attitude, as far as I'm concerned this is part of the reason we are in such a mess, we need to stand up and be counted on and off the park.

Fair enough, all about opinions and all that. Personally I'm gonna give him a chance next season to see what he brings.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Fair enough, all about opinions and all that. Personally I'm gonna give him a chance next season to see what he brings.

Me too mate, honestly, but that "performance" in the cup final was the nail in the coffin for me.

BarneyK
01-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Me too mate, honestly, but that "performance" in the cup final was the nail in the coffin for me.

Aye, the emotions are still raw from that one, but trying to remain pragmatic in the face of it. Not easy sometimes, mind. We need a statement of intent, and the sooner the better. :flag:

jdships
01-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Sorry, but I hate it when folk come out with the "if he had better players around him" line. A good player should be able to shine no matter who the players are around them.

Sorry but think you are wrong here
You can't just say it applies to all players as it simply doesn't
Two outstanding examples recently have been Paul McStay and Barry " the crab" Ferguson . Only when OF were playin well did they " look good"
Dobbie is another he is now playing in a system that suits him and with players who can provide the right type of passes .
This situation has been here for many many years and will continue into the future.
At under 21 Juvenile I played with two guys , both went on to have long decent careers in senior football, who made me look good and was scoring goals for fun
Signed pro and without them was " found out" two years later - career over.
Speak to any coach /mamger of a senior or good junior side and they will tell you of many similar story's
:greengrin :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
01-06-2012, 02:07 PM

I'm not sure what a 'dellued' comment is? - and then you quote 3 things I never said :rolleyes:. As your observational skills are poor perhaps this affects your judgement.

hopefulhibby
01-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Agreed, some posters on here must be on magic mushrooms and seeing things in Claros that are not real, he was rubbish for us end of

Judas Iscariot
01-06-2012, 02:33 PM
He's probably the best footballer we have but clearly he has had to cope with colleagues that aren't on his wave length and a country that plays a style of football that he is having to adapt to.

The hounding can get a bit self fulfilling though so hopefully he gets the chance to settle in next season.

This

heidtheba
01-06-2012, 02:55 PM

This - and Scottish football has had some players who have turned up here (with a proven pedigree) and, for one reason or another, have failed to perform. Berkovich, Ljunberg, Van Vossen, Juninho, Ian Wright, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Thomas Gravesen were all decent players elsewhere but did 10/10 of sod all when they came here. I just hope that Claros can make the most of his time at Hibs. He seems a decent enough bloke and I want him to succeed.
Fingers crossed!

sahib
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
This - and Scottish football has had some players who have turned up here (with a proven pedigree) and, for one reason or another, have failed to perform. Berkovich, Ljunberg, Van Vossen, Juninho, Ian Wright, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Thomas Gravesen were all decent players elsewhere but did 10/10 of sod all when they came here. I just hope that Claros can make the most of his time at Hibs. He seems a decent enough bloke and I want him to succeed.
Fingers crossed!

If they had come here in their prime, all of the above would be considered among the best to have ever played here. State pension age doesn't apply to footballers, most players are still near the end in their thirties, imho.

patlowe
01-06-2012, 04:04 PM

This is simply not true. Teams are made up of all different types of players, some characters shine without the help of others, some don't.

Maybe Claros isn't good enough, I'm not sure yet. let's give him a chance in a stable side that's had a pre-season behind it

paul_hfc3
01-06-2012, 04:48 PM
31 international caps but not good enough for us, aye right. Not saying that his style may not be particularly suited to us, not saying that he will be brilliant for us next year, and to be honest, with a contract until only December, we still need to be looking for his replacement right now, but I don't think we can say he's a terrible player.

Jarkko Wiss 45 caps for Finland. Need I say anymore.

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
He's imo an average player, one who will never pull any tree's up. If Brian Kerr was Honduran, he's have 100 caps by now.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2012, 05:24 PM
He's imo an average player, one who will never pull any tree's up. If Brian Kerr was Honduran, he's have 100 caps by now.

Unseen caps obviously.

I am goingto reserve judgement on Claros for a while yet - maybe better to see if there's something more to come after a pre season.

Squealing pig
01-06-2012, 06:43 PM
claros staying. were doomed

truehibernian
01-06-2012, 07:28 PM
claros staying. were doomed

Not if we add two attacking midfielders and two wingers. When we press higher up the pitch, Claros will be in his element. He's so used to defending deep and playing on top of his defence because teams have tended to dominate possession against us.

He's a smart player, thrown into a relegation battle after January. Needs a rest, family time, a full pre-season, and into a confident side. I'm glad he's been retained.

Andy74
01-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Not if we add two attacking midfielders and two wingers. When we press higher up the pitch, Claros will be in his element. He's so used to defending deep and playing on top of his defence because teams have tended to dominate possession against us.

He's a smart player, thrown into a relegation battle after January. Needs a rest, family time, a full pre-season, and into a confiAdent side. I'm glad he's been retained.

What's a winger?

HibbyAndy
01-06-2012, 08:43 PM
What's a winger?

Galbraith and Sproule , Wide men.

3pm
01-06-2012, 08:45 PM

Up until 2 weeks ago, we had quite a few wideos....

HibbyAndy
01-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Up until 2 weeks ago, we had quite a few wideos....

We still have a few, A few too many.

3pm
01-06-2012, 08:48 PM
We still have a few, A few too many.

Leave Petrie out of this!

Andy74
01-06-2012, 08:48 PM

Rings a bell.

Sumner
01-06-2012, 09:31 PM

"wide" of any description of quality, garbage the both of them.
Sorry Ivan you were a legend, but that was years ago now,
Danny on the other hand scored 1 goal at Darkheid, then retired.

Jim44
02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
McCoist said they wanted to sign Claros but financial constraints prevented it. Gordon Smith on the other hand says they didn't sign him as he wasn't good enough. Does truth and honesty ever come out of Ibrox?

hopefulhibby
02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
McCoist said they wanted to sign Claros but financial constraints prevented it. Gordon Smith on the other hand says they didn't sign him as he wasn't good enough. Does truth and honesty ever come out of Ibrox?
We know what the truth is but some posters cant face the fact that we were hoodwinked into signing him:wink:

Squealing pig
03-06-2012, 03:11 PM
it wouldnt surprise me if he still got called up fir honduras on his current form cause there murder and any number of caps for them is as gd as playing for boness utd maybe no even tht gd

fatbloke
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
[/FONT] Looks like Jorge is the latest to be out the door. So much anticipation and promise. Shame.

Personally I am a better prospect in midfield and I am 14 stone, 55 years old, diabetic and have a turning circle the size of Leith Docks and work most Saturdays:greengrin

fatbloke
03-06-2012, 08:21 PM

Don't know I am only 55.

snooky
03-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Don't know I am only 55.
:faf::aok:

Re. Claros - I was expecting a player like Alan Ball but TBH, we got Bobby

FitbaFolkKen
03-06-2012, 09:23 PM
it wouldnt surprise me if he still got called up fir honduras on his current form cause there murder and any number of caps for them is as gd as playing for boness utd maybe no even tht gd

Scotland 49, Honduras 54 .... Aye a diddy team right enough

VickMackie
04-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Personally I am a better prospect in midfield and I am 14 stone, 55 years old, diabetic and have a turning circle the size of Leith Docks and work most Saturdays:greengrin

Don't know I am only 55.

:faf:

Steve-O
04-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Well if they are even worse than a pish Scotland then Claros' caps are hardly evidence on their own that he is a good player. They have failed to beat NZ twice in the last 18 months, not sure if Claros even played in those games tbh.

smurf
04-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Let's not forget he will be costing a few quid. If we have any option with a clause in the contract the club would be mad not to invoke it.

He may have ability. I'm sure he does. Though he hasn't shown any of it.

We can't afford such risks.

FitbaFolkKen
04-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Well if they are even worse than a pish Scotland then Claros' caps are hardly evidence on their own that he is a good player. They have failed to beat NZ twice in the last 18 months, not sure if Claros even played in those games tbh.

Both teams that qualified for world cups? How many of our Scottish players are current internationals? I'd say the caps are evidence that he clearly is a player, not a world beater but watching the 4-0 against Dunfermline it was obvious he could play.

I hope per season beds him in properly

Squealing pig
04-06-2012, 04:15 PM

aye your right mate a DIDDY TEAM scotland 49 wit honduras 54 wit. ?

Squealing pig
04-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Both teams that qualified for world cups? How many of our Scottish players are current internationals? I'd say the caps are evidence that he clearly is a player, not a world beater but watching the 4-0 against Dunfermline it was obvious he could play.

I hope per season beds him in properly

cause he played good agaist dunfermline. aye a bet he played good against lichtenstein and armenia too ffs.

TamHibs
04-06-2012, 04:33 PM
cause he played good agaist dunfermline. aye a bet he played good against lichtenstein and armenia too ffs.

Lichtenstein & Armenia? Maybe I'm wrong but pretty sure Honduras don't play them in competitive matches.....

FitbaFolkKen
04-06-2012, 04:50 PM
aye your right mate a DIDDY TEAM scotland 49 wit honduras 54 wit. ?

A team on a par with our national team is slightly different than comparing Honduras to a junior side?

FitbaFolkKen
04-06-2012, 04:54 PM

Ffs what? Cos my opinion differs on him? He showed in that game that he is capable, so in my opinion if he can do it more regularly next season he would be an asset.

Squealing pig
04-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Lichtenstein & Armenia? Maybe I'm wrong but pretty sure Honduras don't play them in competitive matches.....

any1 can play in a friendly, but for arguments sake cuba and trinidad then lol.

Squealing pig
04-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Ffs what? Cos my opinion differs on him? He showed in that game that he is capable, so in my opinion if he can do it more regularly next season he would be an asset.

definatley if we get lower league opposition in the cup.

FitbaFolkKen
04-06-2012, 05:42 PM
definatley if we get lower league opposition in the cup.

Nothing like a discussion over a player without snide digs and ridiculous statements.... Let's just leave it as I think he has a bit of quality and more to ofder than he did in his first 6 months, and you think he is Sunday league

blindsummit
05-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I have tickets to see Canada v Honduras next Tuesday in Toronto in a World Cup Qualifier. Searching Google I'm finding it hard to determine if Claros is in the Honduras squad at present or not, although Wikipedia entry on the squad suggests not. Pity, as I would have liked to see how he plays when not in a Hibs shirt.