PDA

View Full Version : Greggs St.Johnstone after Sproule

SteveHFC
22-05-2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4332956/Lomas-targets-Sproule.html

God Petrie
22-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Good.

Macaroon
22-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Good.

This.

The_Horde
22-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Reckon Ivan still has something to offer us if we can get a midfield together who can actually keep the ball. Anyway, that article is bull as he signed a 2 year deal at the start of this season.

JHFC
22-05-2012, 11:54 PM
;3242454']Reckon Ivan still has something to offer us if we can get a midfield together who can actually keep the ball. Anyway, that article is bull as he signed a 2 year deal at the start of this season.

He doesn't have to be out of contract for them to put an offer in for him.

AJWisme
23-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Take him. Brilliant guy but passed it.

Bishop Hibee
23-05-2012, 12:05 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4332956/Lomas-targets-Sproule.html

Sproule and anyone else the saintees want plus cash and we'll have Murray Davidson thanks.

The_Horde
23-05-2012, 12:50 AM
;3242454']Reckon Ivan still has something to offer us if we can get a midfield together who can actually keep the ball. Anyway, that article is bull as he signed a 2 year deal at the start of this season.

Yeah but the article says he's out of contract, we've just lost nid to lose another player who plays for that actually cares would not be a wise move, especially to a better team than us.

Hibby 2005
23-05-2012, 12:54 AM
He's not the player he was and is probably keeping out a younger player who will progress.

hibee92
23-05-2012, 12:56 AM
They can have him. I mean that with no malice whatsoever. Good player on his day, but not good enough anymore. Fantastic bloke who I will always remember as one of my favourite players and one who gifted me some fantastic memories but my sadness of him leaving would be purely sentimental. Much like Ian Murray.

silverhibee
23-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Has done nothing all season.

If he leaves(and no offence made by it) and i hope he does then good luck to him where ever he ends up.

Spike Mandela
23-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Dry your eyes, he would be moving to a club in a much better position than ours.

SkintHibby
23-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Re-signing a player rarely works and I was not surprised how Ivans season panned out.

Thanks for the memories from your previous time at ER Ivan. Best of luck wherever you end up.

col02
23-05-2012, 07:08 AM
If we actually played Ivan in his chosen position rather than trying to play him on the left he might have seen a bit more from him this season. I actually hope Sproule stays as he has something to offer Hibs as we are not blessed with pace are we?

happiehibbie
23-05-2012, 07:10 AM

How many games did you watch last season he is Pants second time arround does not go past anyone lost his pace no skill i could go on let him go not good enough anymore

PeeJay
23-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Sproule is another of many players at Easter Road that seem to be used wrongly. He could do worse than go to Saints with a chance of playing in Europe and a team that enjoys its football, maybe it would rejuvenate him. Can see him coming back to haunt us if he goes...

PeterboroHibee
23-05-2012, 07:36 AM
If hes still under contract for next season, would probably keep him at the moment. Not been great this year but we are so short in terms of players who can actually play out wide, cant keep playing 4 central midfielders as it makes us so narrow. If we can get a few wingers signed up then might be worth letting go however.

sambajustice
23-05-2012, 07:39 AM
This is good news!!

down-the-slope
23-05-2012, 07:41 AM
He's not the player he was and is probably keeping out a younger player who will progress.

Thanks for the memories of first time round but :bye: (note to club - second time around = big wages & poor return)

Sam Stanton will be after that jersey and will hopefully step up to the mark

McKenzie
23-05-2012, 08:10 AM
How much does anyone reckon we'll get? And what wages he's on

scoopyboy
23-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the memories of first time round but :bye: (note to club - second time around = big wages & poor return)

Sam Stanton will be after that jersey and will hopefully step up to the mark

Is Sam Stanton the same type of player as Ivan?

Not in the games i have seen him.

Agree though that Ivan can go.

scoopyboy
23-05-2012, 08:12 AM
How much does anyone reckon we'll get? And what wages he's on

Never mind a fee, just get him off the books.

Hibercelona
23-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Everybody is saying he's passed it.

I guarantee you he wouldn't look past it playing agains't us in another clubs strip.....

DarrenSQH
23-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Nothing personal to Ivan as he will always be a legend but the more players that we get rid off the better.

millarco
23-05-2012, 08:53 AM

I guarantee you he wouldn't look past it playing agains't us in another clubs strip.....

Only if we don't improve. A decent full back should be able to sniff Ivan out no problem.

Will always be remembered for his first spell and clearly has the club at heart, but would be happy to see him leave in the summer.

Barney McGrew
23-05-2012, 08:54 AM

To be fair, I'd look like Messi playing against us right now

Hibercelona
23-05-2012, 09:05 AM
To be fair, I'd look like Messi playing against us right now

Fair point. :greengrin

But it seems to me like we don't know how to get the best out of players, so I'm never surprised to see a player perform better elsewhere once we let them go.

Players that come here look like they've had the motivation torn right out of them. I just don't understand why that is.

MB62
23-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Nothing personal to Ivan as he will always be a legend but the more players that we get rid off the better.

:agree:

There is next to nobody in that first team squad that I would happily keep and certainly none that I would re-sign, ok McPake being the exception but I fully expect him to find a club down south.

I will always have a big soft spot for Ivan, kind of regard the man as 'one of us' but I think for his sake and ours it is time to move on. He was asked to play out of position last season and that didn't help, if he was to play anywhere other than right wing then I would have tried him through the middle as his pace could have caused central defenders problems but certainly wouldn't have played him wide left.

If he is to move then, all the very best of Hibernian Ivan, you will always be welcomed back to Easter Road.

Beefster
23-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Sproule is another of many players at Easter Road that seem to be used wrongly. He could do worse than go to Saints with a chance of playing in Europe and a team that enjoys its football, maybe it would rejuvenate him. Can see him coming back to haunt us if he goes...

We hear this all the time about players leaving Hibs but I don't actually recall one player that we've released for being pants coming back to haunt us. I'm sure someone will say Rankin but even he's hardly 'haunted us' by having an okay season at United.

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2012, 09:41 AM
When he came back i thought good, if he's anything like the player that left he will improve the team.

He wasn't, and he didn't, snap their hands off.

Paisley Hibby
23-05-2012, 09:47 AM
If we actually played Ivan in his chosen position rather than trying to play him on the left he might have seen a bit more from him this season. I actually hope Sproule stays as he has something to offer Hibs as we are not blessed with pace are we?

Despite what Happyhibby said, I agree with you.

Hibernian Verse
23-05-2012, 09:57 AM
We hear this all the time about players leaving Hibs but I don't actually recall one player that we've released for being pants coming back to haunt us. I'm sure someone will say Rankin but even he's hardly 'haunted us' by having an okay season at United.

I actually liked Rankin but that's another story! :greengrin

Someone suggested that we aren't blessed with pace, unfortunately Ivan isn't either these days! Both him and Murray would have been on big wages, as will O'Connor and Claros who are both away too. I'm happy enough.

smack
23-05-2012, 11:31 AM

Paul Hartley

3pm
23-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Not the same man without Boozy floating the ball down the wing for him to chase after.

DH1875
23-05-2012, 11:47 AM
If there's a fee involved, grab it :agree:.

Sammy7nil
23-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Second time around it has not worked out for Hibs or Ivan.
Ivan gives his all but that is longer enough he would leave with my best wishes.

heretoday
23-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I don't understand why he was played on the left so often. It always felt like the manager had some brilliant plan which would pay off in time. Yeah?

I bet he does come back to haunt us. He may have lost some pace but he's still too fast for the Hibs defence!

lapsedhibee
23-05-2012, 12:16 PM

Hartley's the one, but agree there are dozens/hundreds/thousands who haven't.

Sudds_1
23-05-2012, 12:17 PM
;3242495']Yeah but the article says he's out of contract, we've just lost nid to lose another player who plays for that actually cares would not be a wise move, especially to a better team than us.

I care...passionately....but you wouldn't play me! :rolleyes::greengrin

Point is, Ivan's return has brought nothing to the side. He's shown nothing in terms of his ability to deliver a final product (the one criticism I had of him during his first spell here) .........but now his pace is much reduced also. Meaning he really has nade to offer now except his love for the club.

And that, unfortunately doesn't win games.

Postman
23-05-2012, 12:56 PM

Amazing that anyone can still be of the opinion that Sproule has anything to offer anymore. Seems he's a great guy but you'll go a long way to find a more limited footballer. He WAS very fast a few years ago, now he has average pace for a winger and little to no control over the ball when he has it at his feet! After a whole season watching him produce next to nothing all Hibs fans should be thinking his time is up

He is exactly the type of player we must get rid of to start moving in the right direction again next season. He will also be one of the highest paid at the club so it is money that could be better spent on fresh faces

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Amazing that anyone can still be of the opinion that Sproule has anything to offer anymore. Seems he's a great guy but you'll go a long way to find a more limited footballer. He WAS very fast a few years ago, now he has average pace for a winger and little to no control over the ball when he has it at his feet! After a whole season watching him produce next to nothing all Hibs fans should be thinking his time is up

He is exactly the type of player we must get rid of to start moving in the right direction again next season. He will also be one of the highest paid at the club so it is money that could be better spent on fresh faces

Thats a great view of what he is now. When he was fast, he could get past his player very easily BECAUSE of his pace. Who can forget the way he went past the defenders many times against Dnipro ON THE LEFT?

These days his lack of football ability shows much more than then, because of his lack of real pace now.

Thanks for the memories Ivan, but its a bye bye from me.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Where is he? Ill run him there myself

Saorsa
23-05-2012, 06:36 PM
;3242495']Yeah but the article says he's out of contract, we've just lost nid to lose another player who plays for that actually cares would not be a wise move, especially to a better team than us.Like the rest, he didnae look to much like he cared last Saturday. If those players couldnae get themselves up for the biggest game for this club in living memory then they can all clear their lockers. I doubt we'll get rid of them all but if anybody comes in for them I'd have nae hesitation in letting them go.

Franck Stanton
23-05-2012, 06:42 PM

Eh.........Paul Hartley no count then. ?