PDA

View Full Version : Mickael Antione Courier

Springbank
22-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm out in Kuala Lumpur gigging with the band (best place to be after Saturday) and who should I meet but Mickael Antoine Courier.

He's playing for a team here in KL, scored on his debut.

Still a Hibee "mate, once a Hibee always a Hibee" to quote.

Was as angry as we all were watching the imposters at Hampden last weekend.

A wholehearted guy, if slightly limited (personal opinion) but good to hear he genuinely cares to this day.

Only 13 apps and 3 goals (officially) in his Hibs career he said. I thought he played more than that, but there u go.:flag:

lyonhibs
22-05-2012, 09:23 PM
No word of a lie, he would have had more impact than O'Connor the way that O'Connor played on Saturday.

Liked him as a player, but then again you'll some people saying he was the worst player, like, EVERRRRRRRRRR, to pull on a Hibs jersey.

Dinkydoo
22-05-2012, 09:28 PM
No word of a lie, he would have had more impact than O'Connor the way that O'Connor played on Saturday.

Liked him as a player, but then again you'll some people saying he was the worst player, like, EVERRRRRRRRRR, to pull on a Hibs jersey.

I liked him too, for what it's worth.

Springbank
22-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I know what you mean.

The likes of McPake have reminded me what it looks like to see footballers actually just trying their all to be the best they can.

MAC (while much more limited) probably fitted that category for me.

We sorely need 11 James McPakes!!!!

CallumLaidlaw
22-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I liked MAC and never thought he was given enough of a chance

Hibercelona
22-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Mickaël Antoine-Curier :wink:

Never got anywhere near the chance he deserved at Hibs I felt.

Seemed like a natural goal scorer and seemed to do fairly well for Dundee when we sent him out on loan there.

AJWisme
22-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I love hearing about playing that enjoyed it here :top marks

However, personally I thought he was a rotten footballer. Could never doubt his effort, but very limited ability. Just my opinion!:duck:

Dinkydoo
22-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I know what you mean.

The likes of McPake have reminded me what it looks like to see footballers actually just trying their all to be the best they can.

MAC (while much more limited) probably fitted that category for me.

We sorely need 11 James McPakes!!!!

Spot on.

We need 11 players with some ability - they don't need to be world beaters, look at Hearts FFS - who will try their best, for the length of time they're on the park. Anything less is unacceptable.

If I was to perform like the majority of our players did on Saturday at my place of work, then I would be in serious trouble.

It would be the equivalent of turning up, switching on my PC, logging into my work emails, opening the first one to realise that I'm going to have my work cutout today and turning to my colleagues and saying, "**** this, I can't be bothered with this ****. Its not as if I really want to be here anyway.". Shutdown PC and spontaneously combust, letting off a foul odour that lingered, irritating the whole department for the next hour and a half - whilst a minority of them had an allergic reaction to the smell causing a depression that would last for the entire summer.

Holmesdale Hibs
22-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I didn't think he was good enough. Might get in the team now but that doesn't say much. He was a first division player IMO. Not questioning his commitment, just his ability.

Glad to hear he's still playing though and all the best to him.

Leishy1995
22-05-2012, 09:49 PM
He was part of Collins French influx of players wasn't he?
I'd rather have had him over Nish. Shame it never worked out.
Same with Clayton Donaldson. His Hibs record was something like 18 games 8 goals.

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 09:53 PM
MAC must have gone out there recently. I saw him last month with his partner....strangely enough at KFC......for diet alone not Hibs class.....think he had a bbq twister which is just wrong ;-)

Good lad, big Hibs fan. A committed footballer, who may have lacked finesse, but fair worked hard. Mixu just never took to him.

Cool_Hand_Luke
22-05-2012, 10:03 PM
MAC must have gone out there recently. I saw him last month with his partner....strangely enough at KFC......for diet alone not Hibs class.....think he had a bbq twister which is just wrong ;-)

Good lad, big Hibs fan. A committed footballer, who may have lacked finesse, but fair worked hard. Mixu just never took to him.

Think his problem with Mixu was he missed a header from about 3 yards out in Mixu's first game....was put out on loan not long after if i remember correctly

truehibernian
22-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Think his problem with Mixu was he missed a header from about 3 yards out in Mixu's first game....was put out on loan not long after if i remember correctly

He did indeed, the ICT cup game where Deano scored all 3. We were three nil up. Bad miss but I think Nish was in the pipeline and Mixu didn't fancy two similar players up top.

SteveHFC
22-05-2012, 10:44 PM
He would still be an improvement to our side

SkintHibby
23-05-2012, 03:31 AM
Rubbish player but that has been the norm at ER for umpteen years now.

Billychaotic182
23-05-2012, 12:58 PM
What was his goal tally for the Accies?

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2012, 01:00 PM
He was a very average player, another who's suddenly got much better since he left.

Give me another Mixu or a Killen to get all sentimental about in 5 years time, not a player who wouldn't make it into most peoples top 50 centre forwards in the clubs history.

G15 Hibs
23-05-2012, 01:03 PM
I didn't think he was all that awful, not a world beater like, but not so bad as others here reckon him to be.

However given the number of clubs he's been at in his career I'm guessing it might not be his talent that's the problem.

Springbank
23-05-2012, 04:42 PM
He was a very average player, another who's suddenly got much better since he left.

Give me another Mixu or a Killen to get all sentimental about in 5 years time, not a player who wouldn't make it into most peoples top 50 centre forwards in the clubs history.

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

The main thing that's picked up my spirits with MAC has been that at least here is a guy who genuinely has a strong feeling for the club, no doubt because it was the biggest he played for.

I've hated watching the past 18 months, where very very few of the team in green have looked like they cared.

No doubting MAC was more effort than talent during his time at Easter Road. It's just refreshing to hear someone who tells a story that being at Hibs actually meant something to them.

Springbank
23-05-2012, 04:44 PM

moved here 3 months ago apparently

presumably lured by the food (which is awesome) :greengrin

truehibernian
23-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I chatted briefly with him but am sure it was only 5 or 6 weeks ago.......bizarrely enough, there was a bloody BNP rally thing at Meadowbank Retail Park which he didn't quite understand.....he did see the ironic humour when I told him what they represent.....and he strode past them giving them evils !

Franck Stanton
23-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I love hearing about playing that enjoyed it here :top marks

However, personally I thought he was a rotten footballer. Could never doubt his effort, but very limited ability. Just my opinion!:duck:

Wot - just like Lewis Stevenson ?

Squealing pig
23-05-2012, 09:11 PM
He was part of Collins French influx of players wasn't he?
I'd rather have had him over Nish. Shame it never worked out.
Same with Clayton Donaldson. His Hibs record was something like 18 games 8 goals.

7 penaltys though. clayton donaldson is exactly what we dont need.

jgl07
23-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Donaldson won most of the penalties himself.

Sammy7nil
23-05-2012, 10:24 PM
He must average about 3 clubs a season I am surprised he recalls playing for Hibs

Limited player in the Sodje mode would still offer more effort than we havenow but would never want to see players like him in Hibs shirt again. Harsh but fair imho.

AJWisme
23-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Wot - just like Lewis Stevenson ?

Well IMO Stevenson has much better ball control and passing ability than most people give him credit for. I reckon his lack of a forward thinking drive and possibly his general physical structure are his weak points so I wouldn't have him in my starting team - still keep him as a squad player however.

I just didn't think Curier had any skill to match the effort, just my opinion mind you.

Leishy1995
24-05-2012, 12:27 AM

That clears a bit up, when he agreed to join I watched him for York in the playoff final. He was awful. I have no idea why I thought he was decent earlier.